Speaker 1: We got get you the morning every day Adelaides seal section.
Speaker 2: This is a chance so maybe cover off some of those topics which are a little bit taboo. It's Jodyotty, it's tip Worm from ten years first, and it's myself Beny. Every week we've got a particular topic. Welcome to you, tip Worm.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, I'm a good Thanks.
Speaker 4: How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: I'm razzed.
Speaker 5: I feels like you even sounded surprised that you were here.
Speaker 2: You thought we have got just a black dots? What am I doing?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: This is not your dream Welcome. I'll sure get straight into it. Yes, please, let's see what's in the envelope here where we got to help? Okay, what have we got here?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, this one's interesting. The topic is toxic friends, your friends, Thank.
Speaker 4: You toxic friends. Well this is quite topical at the moment because of White Lotus. So I know you guys haven't seen it. Please I will try not to spoil it.
Speaker 7: It's for you.
Speaker 3: I can say.
Speaker 4: It's set in Thailand, looks absolutely stunny and apparently apparently the resort where it's set is now booked out for the next like ten years because of White lotus anyway, that's by the by. Let's talk about toxic friends, because there are three women on there who have been childhood friends since they were nine, and there are several scenes depicted when they're all together, and there's this is real jealousy bubbling away and also like passive aggressive sort of compliments and that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: It's really yucky. Have a listen if you haven't heard it.
Speaker 4: Jack, you look amazing.
Speaker 3: You look amazing, but you look incredible.
Speaker 4: You look same as you did twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: Okay, you both do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you look like you just got pushed out of a berth.
Speaker 8: Gonna know.
Speaker 3: Oh God, who's your darkness?
Speaker 9: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Who's your doctor?
Speaker 2: I don't know why you'd want to know, because it's not as good as your doctor. I haven't done anything so much fakery.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So two of them are very very very attractive, and they always talk each other up. But then the third one, who's potentially a little less attractive, is just standing over in the corner smashing her wines like yeah, O just oh you know what myself over here?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: But I think the key thing in all of this is when the two of them are left together that's when they.
Speaker 5: Start about the other one.
Speaker 4: It's not very nice.
Speaker 5: It's not nice at all, is it.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's been involved in a situation not that sometimes you need to maybe stop yourself. But then other times you get to a certain age where you're like enough with the toxicity.
Speaker 4: Enough thing very much.
Speaker 5: I feel like and this is my very big red flag.
Speaker 4: If I get up and walk away from a table or a group of friends and my mind goes to, I wonder what they're going to say about me when I walk away, that's when it's got to be done.
Speaker 2: So nine times out of ten, yeah, they are talking stuck about you behind your back. If you feeling like.
Speaker 5: That, which friends are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Which ones.
Speaker 3: The bathroom?
Speaker 7: And then you really quick she would actually, I'm not going to go because you thought hazy, and I'm going to lay into you.
Speaker 5: And we did and we were, oh, thank you, sus We're the pretty one.
Speaker 2: What hello? Why don't I just go? You know what?
Speaker 4: Well, do you know what?
Speaker 8: You are?
Speaker 4: The two people on this planet that I know that if I walked away, you would defend me in any situation with anyone.
Speaker 5: And that's the sort of comfort you have any friendship.
Speaker 4: If you don't have that, then I don't think it's worth being friends forach sister.
Speaker 5: Have you ever had to cut someone off tif morn?
Speaker 7: Even if I had do, I wouldn't because I'm a coward.
Speaker 4: So if you had to end something, you just wouldn't like stop contact.
Speaker 7: I would bring my dad and tell him, and he would say, Tiff, flush them, And I can't flush them, but they would have to. I wouldn't flush them, but I've told Dad and then you're done. So from there on out, you have to know where the thoughts that.
Speaker 3: Alan hates you. Okay, Alan doesn't like you anymore?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, you might not, not from me, but my dad will never.
Speaker 2: And that's spiritual and that's beautiful.
Speaker 4: Can you remember when I'm justin Bieber saying my muma don't like you and she likes everyone.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's different.
Speaker 3: My mom does like everyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's like the Allen test, isn't it?
Speaker 10: It is?
Speaker 4: Okay, what about you?
Speaker 3: Andrew?
Speaker 5: Has she had to cut off a girlfriend?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like in the past that I have a bit of a people please and I will try and fix everything because the thought of you know, I think when you're young. The thought of people not liking it doesn't sit well. I'm thirty nine now, Yeah, I don't give it.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 2: So if all the people in my life and I'm talking to they are the people that I value, the people that I'm not talking to, I probably don't value them. In saying that as well, though, blokes are very different. I've got friends who haven't spoken to for years, which I know that we could just reconnect your later. Yeah, blokes are very very different creatures in this space.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they're the best friends ever, aren't they. But I think the thing is that old friends you want to cling onto a little bit more because they know you so well and they and that can often be to your detriment. Just because you've been friends with someone for a long time, it doesn't make it a healthy relationship.
Speaker 2: They know all your nasty secrets, correct, Yeah, those really incriminating secrets.
Speaker 4: Okay, well what did you think of them? What do you think I got up to chasinate?
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: We know?
Speaker 2: Why did you move so much?
Speaker 4: Thirteen twenty four ten. Let's do this toxic friendships. Have you had to cut someone off and.
Speaker 3: How do you do it.
Speaker 5: How do you know telling your dad?
Speaker 4: What do you do?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Seizing theory like it's easy theory? Or just cut them off when you actually have to practice that. That's that's tough.
Speaker 3: Are you going to see them regularly? What are you to do?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: It's a mind, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Isn't it all right? Thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. Let's go to geolicious.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Good morning gods?
Speaker 12: How are you good?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: Andrew hos has just dropped a bombshell?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 4: To blow spectru amount each time?
Speaker 13: Do we talk to mac on each other? But folks can be a bit bit cheap from time.
Speaker 2: To time sometimes sometimes that's that's.
Speaker 13: That's as hard as I'm going to say. You know, I don't want to be a toxic friends.
Speaker 2: I will say, jeeralistius, I've never had a bad word to say about you. Ever, it goes.
Speaker 4: It's quite opposite, one hundred both ways.
Speaker 13: Except I didn't get into Singapore live.
Speaker 4: You know, it's all right. So look, have you had to cut off a toxic friends?
Speaker 13: Well, look, I had a whole life of friends that I lost when I separated, So basically fifteen years worth of friendship, and I was saying to producer Josh that the thing about the I think one of the reasons why toxics friends are allowed to be toxic is because the more time you invest in them, they're more you're prepared to put up with because you're like, I've invested so much. I don't want to you know, I don't want to accept that it's going bad. Particularly you know, it's the longer, the longer ones who do who knows the most, the ones who ultimately can be the worst. I mean, fine, it just meet you and your talk smack. It's like, well, I haven't lost anything. You've invested all your time, and that gets.
Speaker 4: Brutal true and if that's true words, and there's also don't you reckon hazy a bit of romance around your older friendships. It's like, you know, we've been friends for twenty years, but if it's become stale and hurtful and toxic, you've got to let it go.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you outgrow your friends, and maybe vice versas all Sometimes friends outgrow you. Who knows, but I think that is the dream, isn't it. Because you see TV shows, you see movies where they're lifelong friends. Et cetera. But it's not always that easy.
Speaker 4: He's got a lot to answer.
Speaker 5: Call good morning, Ashley, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: Have you been in this situation?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 8: I have, but I've been on the other ends where I had a friend and we were like best friends, caught up quite regularly, and then the text one day just saying I don't want to be friends anymore.
Speaker 2: How confronting.
Speaker 5: Was there any reason?
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you feel blind sided? Ashley?
Speaker 8: I did, Yeah, because I actually thought that she was like my best friend, and yeah, and then she didn't want to talk about it. I didn't want to catch up, just as like, that's it.
Speaker 3: Did she get a reason?
Speaker 8: Just that out morals and balis out of line?
Speaker 4: And also that's a whack. That's my morals are superior to your morals. That's what work, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So then but then it kind of got worse where we were part of like a a Facebook group, and I was in that Facebook book group, and I sort of thought it had been quiet for a while, and then and then they had all like the whole Facebook group had started with her and made a new Facebook group without me in it. And then we're organizing catch ups and things, and then I saw them one day or catch you up, and I thought, oh, maybe I just missed the the like the message on Facebook, and then I realized that I.
Speaker 2: Think the title of the group was give was called the Now Ashley Club. I'm just trying to make a lot of the situation.
Speaker 8: It's been a little while since. Like at the time, it was really sort of heartbreaking and really tough, but now I look back and think, you know what, like it's probably in that group. They're pretty nasty to me.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's the thing.
Speaker 4: You better without them if they're going to behave like that, And yeah, you can question and values there Ashley. All right, I'm going to try and make you feel better because Andrew has just made you feel infinitely worse.
Speaker 5: That's a family pastor a big wedgie.
Speaker 8: Oh that would be amazing.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 4: You Are you going to take along any anyone from that group?
Speaker 8: Orse, I'll take my husband and my kids perfect.
Speaker 3: Unless the kids are toxic.
Speaker 2: Don't take that. That is true. Morning, Michaela.
Speaker 5: What happened with you, Mikayla?
Speaker 4: Did you have a toxic friend?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 14: It was the whole friend group. It was very very recent. So we do this thing every year where we kind of get together, like around Christmas time, do a little secret sanna have dinner together, all of that kind of stuff. And in the group chat, there was no message, no information about a dinner, and I just thought, oh, look like that's okay. Like I was busy anyway, I conveniently got COVID the week before. But then I was scrolling through Instagram a couple of weeks later, and one of my friends have posted like a December dump and as I was scrolling through it, I stopped and there's a photo of all of them sitting at the table having a Christmas dinner together.
Speaker 2: I have no idea about it.
Speaker 4: Did you feel crushed?
Speaker 9: Honestly? Like I did at first?
Speaker 14: But then I thought, like, you know what, this has just really shown all their true colors. And now I'm like, I'm very glad that I just ignored it. And look, my partner has never really liked my friends, and I think but probably kind of shown why. But yeah, that's it's pretty awful.
Speaker 5: Bitch like mel Robbins.
Speaker 4: Let them theory, isn't it, Let them express themselves. They Yeah, MICHAELA, let's send you along to the big wedge as well.
Speaker 14: If that's okay, Oh, thank you, that'd be amazing. How are you going to take I'll probably take my siblings. I reckon love that because they're.
Speaker 9: All quite little.
Speaker 4: Oh that's lovely, all right, thank you so much, Mikayla.
Speaker 2: Thank you after all the calls this morning us.
Speaker 4: Nothing worse than when you click on social media and see something that you haven't made invited.
Speaker 3: I want to jump scale. It is true the window when that happens.
Speaker 2: In that moment though, It is true when it's a shocking moment, but you do like long term, you know, it's the best thing. It's the best no abnue to go down because it's clearly toxic. Absolutely, So yeah, thank you to everyone who called this morning and shared some pretty deep feelings. I'd say, yeah, it's not an easy topic.
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 2: Saturday mornings will never be the same again. They were not far, but in a good way because I've entered the world of school sport and I've been looking forward to this for a long time. My son is six years old and now Saturday mornings we play cricket.
Speaker 4: Oh could you have picked a longer sport?
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing, that's the thing, so right, now because it's basically an introduction to cricket. It's basically canker cricket, and it goes for an hour, right, so we're eight thirty to nine thirty, and strictly nine thirty because there's other games happening on that ground, so you've got to get out of there. Oh that's even if you're behind, they sort of kick you off. So and our max for cricket you'd never thought you'd see it, and you won't see it ever again, particularly in my lifetime, because it just gets longer and longer if it keeps on playing cricket. Eventually it'll be a two day across Saturday and Sunday, and that's ten to five.
Speaker 4: All you can do is hope and pray that he hates cricket, yes, and that he's not very good at it.
Speaker 2: Well. Two from two really early signs. Early signs was a bit of an issue. I'll tell you what. I'm very thankful that the ICs wasn't as particular cricket match because there was a lot of suspicious actions from these youngsters, including my son, just as bantam as humanly possible. And then secondly he almost battered last and because he was up against it. He only faced like three balls and then he swapped over and the other kid couldn't hit it instead of swapping over each hand. Because I just fear like the guys in charge, their hearts weren't quite in it right. He didn't see as much batting as he could have, and Dad's in sideline getting frustrated, and he shouldn't get frustrated in this situation. It was just ridiculous. The other thing I noticed as well is that, like a lot of junior cricketers, and particularly me and my day, is there was one stage where Henry was facing the wrong way for three balls.
Speaker 4: In a row. Well do you mean facing the wrong way?
Speaker 2: He lost interest and he was looking at something off that wasn't involved in cricket at all. And I just watched and I thought, oh, I'm proud of his son. I remember those days. Oh yeah, I remember those days. Man, Like, am I into this? I'm not really sure? And that looks interesting? What's happening over that house over there? I'm just going to watch that for a good three to four minutes exactly.
Speaker 4: So you've only got one kid playing sport, right. So on Saturday morning, my husband and I nearly got divorced over school sport. I'm not even kidding. So this is the schedule Saturday morning just gone. Peyton had to be at volleyball at nine to twenty five, Harper had to be a dance at nine. Some of them had to be danced at eleven. And unbeknownst to me, Andrew Hayes and it makes me so very angry, my husband signed summer up to not only volleyball but also touch football.
Speaker 2: Surprise touch footy.
Speaker 4: That's where that was.
Speaker 2: Surprise Touch footy yues where Darwin Golden Growth. Oh, my very goodness.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to do.
Speaker 2: That's not close.
Speaker 4: I supposed to do all that for eleven o'clock. We had to get grandma involved in order to get all these children to all these different places. School sports sucks.
Speaker 2: Whoa, but you're shaping the future athletes. It's next generation.
Speaker 4: You think my children are going to be professional volleyballers or touch footballers? Is that? That was the question I asked my husband on the weekend. Why are we doing this? Why for what end?
Speaker 2: Two of the poorest sports. Imagine long terms of professional futures. Oh, what's your kid do? He is a professional touch football player. Well, you're right living in some big mansion somewhere.
Speaker 4: If it was golf, sure, go for it.
Speaker 5: Give me some sort of glimmer of hope.
Speaker 4: But touch football and volleyball, where are we headed.
Speaker 2: That's two disgruntled parents who were right in the midst of school sport.
Speaker 4: And I definitely wasn't paying attention when I went along to the school sport either. What's in that house that.
Speaker 15: Makes two of us and mature audiences only and may contain had all content, graphic language and nudity, not that you'll see it. If it easily offended, Well you're about to find out just how it easily.
Speaker 16: Your father he's on the money, Jody, and has six.
Speaker 2: It is a chance to get this sort of you know, interesting, sort of risky blue stuff out of our systems before we wholesome it up after seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: And I have seen what's on the agenda of six point forty this morning, and I'm super excited about it.
Speaker 2: Actually, should I just rip in? You might just rip in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A college student central China is making headlines after he accidentally started a fight in his dorm. Well that's not good. It's crazy isn't it while trying to hide his sex dole from his roommates. Yeah, that's right. Who saw that twist and turn coming?
Speaker 4: Not me?
Speaker 2: And that just pivot a really really interesting direction. The student was home alone and had his inflatable girlfriend when his roommate came home surprised, so there's no evidence as to whether he was in the middle of a love session. It was pre or posts okay, who knows, but he didn't have ever put her out into the hallway to try and destroy the evidence by setting her on fire, and that's where things got really really exposed. According to reports, the hallway was filled with smoke, leading to the alarm systems going off, so instead of his roommate finding out, everyone in the college found out new dirty, dirty young man.
Speaker 4: I feel sorry for that doll because that doll has done nothing but fulfill all this, all these young man's desires and neck minute, when he gets embarrassed, he sets her on fire.
Speaker 2: It's not good enough, It is not good enough. And we that's you or me, Joe's and probably also produced and Molly. We won't stand for him, We never have, we never will. What do we want? Less sex dolls on fire. When do we want it right now?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 4: Don't understand I ask a question and again at six forty. I always regret asking these questions of you.
Speaker 2: Every you know, you're absolutely open to every question.
Speaker 4: Sixty If you were to invest in a doll, what would she look like?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, you're testing me here.
Speaker 4: But he'd be blonde or brunette.
Speaker 2: She has to be sort of blondish, maybe a little bit honey sort of color hair. She's going to be very very white unless she's wearing some faked han and she has to have Scottish roots. And you're testing me, describe what I know? It feels like a test. What about you? If you had to buy a sex doll?
Speaker 4: Oh, he'd be around six foot two, blondie, sandy hair, very musty, very cute, slightly off center nose um, you know, just as a result of a lot of hockey hits. Is that sounding like.
Speaker 2: Talking extremely extremely quickly?
Speaker 5: Yeah, with beautiful blue eyes to your husband.
Speaker 2: All right, let's put it out there. Third and four ten year sex dolls. Let's talk about the show. We're not doing that. But if you have to give us call job, job, that is a good job.
Speaker 4: J and Hazes Monday morning.
Speaker 2: Joke of a little bit of humor. He inject that into your arm of yours and let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: All right, welcome produce to Molly. She's been working on her joke all weekend.
Speaker 2: Is that right, preparing for this for the last two days? Good on your mind. That's a commitment to the call of squad.
Speaker 4: Who would like to go first?
Speaker 2: I'll kick things off if you don't mind. All right, here we go, All right, old ladies, an old man and an old woman are sitting on a bus bench, and the old man, who's a bit randy, if you know what I mean, ask the old woman how do you like your snacks?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 2: And she replies infrequently? And then the old man asks, is that one word or two? Do you understand?
Speaker 4: Not really, I just did a plight laugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't understand. There's a big difference between infrequently is one word in frequently words? Okay, let's go again.
Speaker 4: Now that is great, Hold on, thank you very much. Okay, what about this? So a man's being arrested by a female police officer who informs him anything you say can and will be held against you, and then he yells out bobes.
Speaker 2: That's a dad joke. Wall produced.
Speaker 11: Here we go.
Speaker 3: I'm really good at sleeping. Did you know that? No, I'm so good I can do it with my eyes.
Speaker 4: Blow.
Speaker 2: Oh that is that's a dad joke.
Speaker 4: That is really awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: How long did you say you've been working on that?
Speaker 3: He said it.
Speaker 2: Two days, making making two days for that.
Speaker 5: Let's talk weird pets thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 4: Let's do it. Have you got a quirky pet? Have you got an unusual pet? Have you got a pet that something a little bit deranged? We want to hear from you this morning.
Speaker 2: Sure, no judgment to judgment, free space in terms of your pets.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, except for I was judging hard on Saturday night because I had a girl's dinner and I was speaking to my girlfriend Tash, and she was telling me how she was driving along and she saw in hard rubbish a bird cage, but like one of those really fancy bird cages, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: So she stopped with the kids in the car and picked up the bird cage. And of course, when you have a bird cage, it would be weird if you didn't have a bird. So then they went and purchased a budgy. A budgie, I tell you how much.
Speaker 2: Just quickly, you might know how much budgy's going for these days.
Speaker 4: Well that's interesting because she was saying, some budgies are up to one thousand dollars and I think she only spent like sixty on her budgy.
Speaker 2: And Little Golden eggs or something.
Speaker 4: Anyway, So then she gives it this one and I kid you not, I can't. You couldn't make this up. She goes, it's a very routine budgy. I went, I said, excuse me very much. If you're going to say that sort of stuff, it's going to end up on the radio. You know that you are very a wet. So apparently this budget is a stickler for routine.
Speaker 2: Spot on.
Speaker 4: So it's like a typical I've just been researching a typical day for a budgy in terms of their routine. It's like, you know, six o'clock wake up, and then you've got your meal time at seven, and then you change the tray papers missing they like missing where you spray the little birdies socializing. They've got to spend some time out of the cage. With their owners and the children. Sure, so that's a bit of cage free time. And then they have a bedtime and if they don't stick to their routine, they get very very cranky.
Speaker 2: Indeed, oh my god, are you a budge?
Speaker 4: Are you a budgie?
Speaker 2: You budget? If you veer off this routine, you turn into a bit of an animal.
Speaker 4: I wonder if budgies have like little iPhones with reminders as well as to what they're supposed to be doing throughout the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, spot on, isn't that unique. They're very fickle little creatures, aren't they, if it's budgies, if it's parakeets or the sort of bird found because we learned from Dumb and Dumber of course, Joe, yes that sometimes I've got a bit of a shelf Life's dad.
Speaker 9: Nah, Oh man, I'm sorry, Harry what happened?
Speaker 2: His head fell off? It was pretty all. Once I get to a certain age, sometimes their heads fall.
Speaker 4: Off, Yes, but then you've just got to get innovative, like Harry and Lloyd, and you just stick your back.
Speaker 2: Of the head baker. Hopefully it read Dutches one of the great movies too. By the way, lads, general dumb, dumb. I don't think it's much better than that. Quirky pets. Yes, please, oh jeez, because pats have personalities, they do.
Speaker 4: Hey, when we come back, can you please tell everyone the story about your steer, about that cow that you had on your farm and Beckham, you South Wales.
Speaker 2: Did I have to explain to you this morning where steel was?
Speaker 4: Yes you did.
Speaker 2: Yes it is a male cow. And yes I had a pe steer when I was younger. I was only twelve years old. It's quite the relationship I had with my pets here as well. Yeah, thirty twenty four ten, get involved in the conversation. We're talking quirky pets this morning, because everyone loves their pet extremely but there are some really really strange pets out there with strange personality.
Speaker 4: Some unusual stuff's happening out there.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what. Twenty twenty five is the year where we go above and beyond for our pets as well, in terms of caring and food and going the extra distance. Yeah, okay, it's not like it used to be back in the day.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 5: We're talking routine budgetes.
Speaker 4: What other weird quirky things does your pet do Chad from Modbury.
Speaker 12: Good morning, morning guys.
Speaker 2: How are we thanks great man, that's good.
Speaker 12: I have a blue.
Speaker 10: Tongue lizard that I've had for fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, okay. First of all, do you get hold of a blue tongue lizardvice in one of those reptile shops.
Speaker 10: I actually found him on gum tree back in the day. Yeah, with the cage and.
Speaker 2: All on the internet or on a literal gum tree.
Speaker 10: He's got club feet so like deformed legs, so he kind of drags himself around like a snake or what a legend.
Speaker 2: He's your nique. What's his name?
Speaker 10: His name is Rocky and he has a tank another tank mate called Bullwinkle.
Speaker 2: So Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Speaker 4: Did they get a long chat Rocky bull Wing?
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, yeah, no problems at all.
Speaker 4: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: Hey, Chad, I've got a question for you. Do you know I think it's a distant cousin of the blue tanue lizard, and that is the bog eye. Do you know the bog eye lizards?
Speaker 10: Never heard of it?
Speaker 2: Okay, very very similar. But back at home and the farm in particular time of the year in the local town would do think called the bog eye racers and these lizards and erase them. Anyway, I am not a heelbilly. Okay, you sure?
Speaker 14: Do you know?
Speaker 4: You should do? Chad for Rocky because he's got legs that don't work very well. Is build one of those little contraptions? Do you know one of those little will bar contraptions?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that'll work. I've seen them do it for dogs and stuff, so.
Speaker 2: Why why not for blue tange lizards. It's very niche. Yeah, it's very nice. Market. It's a great way. It's a great way to kick us off. Chad thirty twenty four ten quirky pets, quirky behaviors. Let's make it quite broad because that is a quirky pet.
Speaker 4: That's unbelievable. Wasn't it Rocky in but Winkle?
Speaker 2: Yeah it works, doesn't it. Growing up on the farm, I had a pet steer. And to shorten the story as quick as possible, so we had a feedlot and there's about three or four hundred cattle, and for whatever reason, when the new cattle came in from Queens and it got quite friendly with a few of them, and one of them particular was a bit of a brahm and drought master. I could touch him for some reason, and then by the end of the three month period before they had to go off the market, I could ride him. So I was in the pen and markest do another cattle riding around on this big steer. Dad told me exactly what needed to be happened. Look, he's going to the market. This is what's happening. He's not here. It's not a pet blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, went over to Woga and he was in the pen with all the other cattle, and Dad had his back turn talking to someone over the fence, and he's come up behind Dad and started nudging him and put his head underneath his arm pit like that like a dog looking for a scratch on the head. So Dad's gone, oh bloody hell, and he's ordered a truck, a full semi trailer truck to take this one steer back to the farm. And he lived his days out on the farm.
Speaker 4: That is so sweet.
Speaker 2: I think he lived to he is about eighteen or nineteen or something. He would have weighed by the end about two and a half ton. He was a monster.
Speaker 4: Did you give him a name?
Speaker 2: Well, this is where I sort of let myself down. All of the cattle had ear tags and they were numbered, and his number was twenty nine, So his name was twenty nine. Yeah, not a cute name. It's not a nice name.
Speaker 4: I just love the friendship that you developed between you and twenty nine.
Speaker 2: It was a really nice friendship. And at the same time the same feedlot, there were two heifers that's a female cow who were pregnant at the time before they got into the feedlot, so they had to be taken out as well. So then twenty nine lived out his days with two ladies. Wow, so he's doing all right.
Speaker 5: Produce Molly said that you've got a.
Speaker 4: Rubbish. We do have a rubbit.
Speaker 5: You've got a pet rabbit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's an indoor rubbit and she is so sensitive. Right, I cannot tell you how much money we have spent taking her to the emergency vet because she's just stopped.
Speaker 3: Eating, right, threatening death.
Speaker 2: So what's the thing. And you explain this to her that if they stop eating for what more than eight to ten hours, they pretty much die. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's called gut staces. If anyone wants to know about it, hook me up. Okay, no, she will if we enter the house through a different door. Nuh.
Speaker 2: Not eating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've had people over before. She didn't know who they were, not eating off the vet.
Speaker 2: So she goes protests.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's like a hunger stripe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've moved furniture around before, been like that.
Speaker 4: It's like your rabbit goes on hunger strikes regularly. Yep, tries to top herself.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure you can go on strike every time there's a slight, slight, slight movement in the exactly.
Speaker 6: One of my friends is a vet and she also has rabbits, and she told me that one of hers went into gut staces because they opened a bag of chips and it made that pop noise and it's scared the rabbit to the point where it just went into me.
Speaker 2: This is on you on a trip. I can't do it.
Speaker 4: Sensitive creatures, quirky pets, so many gools this morning. That's going to Phillip from Freeling. Good morning, Philip, good morning.
Speaker 12: Goes there you go, good what you got there? So, growing up, I used to live on a farm in Ada, Goodunder and we had a blue heel at Kelby Cross called Snoopy and he essentially he was like an alarm clock every morning because Dad would let him out and he had a huge run around the yard. And we lived on a transportable home, so you can actually get underneath it. Well, he ran underneath it and without fail, he would hit every single beam on the way through and yelp every time. Then he would run out the other side. He would run out of the other side, run round the yard again, go back under the house and hit every single beam on the way back.
Speaker 4: Snoopy's gotta.
Speaker 2: Had so many concussions, but it was so See that's the little things that your pets do. They will stay with you forever. Really nice.
Speaker 5: Let's get it Gracy for Morson Lakes. Hello, Gracy.
Speaker 8: How old are you?
Speaker 4: Gracy?
Speaker 12: Good?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: How are you? How are you?
Speaker 16: I love it?
Speaker 4: Okay, what sort of pet if you've got, Gracy?
Speaker 12: We have five guinea pigs at home.
Speaker 16: Oh my gosh, whenever we open the French door, they squeak so loud that we can hit them throughout the whole house.
Speaker 8: And because they're special little greens, which is like their dinner.
Speaker 16: He's always in the fridge to keep it nice and cool.
Speaker 4: So we don't need.
Speaker 8: Any sort of fridge alarm because we've got guinea pigs.
Speaker 2: That's good. I've only guinea pig as well. The ultimate animal of prey really every it's scared of everything, absolutely everything. Good luck Gracie with your guinea pig. Do not take them to Peru. Have fun?
Speaker 5: When you say the ultimate are they victims.
Speaker 2: Of They're victims of everything. I reckon the aunt could take out a guinea pig. And let's not talk about where they do. Two guinea pigs and Peru.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's not. Courtney from Callington, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning guys.
Speaker 5: How are we swiftly move us on from guinea pictuat in Peru? Please go for it. What have you got there, Courtney?
Speaker 9: I've got a beard of dragon.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So how did you come to own a bearded dragon?
Speaker 9: So my ex partner at the time had a friend who actually breeds them, and I've wanted one for quite a long time. So he got it as a present baby and now he's two and a half years old.
Speaker 2: What's his name, Spiro Spiral? So to Spiro does he does? He genuinely have a personality?
Speaker 9: He when he sleeps at night time, he sleeps like lengthways up like three tree and he's just lynks ways up the tree on its side, just sleep there, doesn't fall off, just hold himself laying there.
Speaker 4: That's what my kids do to make just attached them. So it was like, I'm a tree exactly like lengthways little reptiles. Yeah, they are Yes. Please Rod from Happy Valley, Good morning, Rod.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 4: What you got there?
Speaker 11: A road cow. I was born and raised in a dairy farm in Victoria. Because it was only a small farm, we actually individually named all our cow and our cows, and one name that stuck to mind is called Anita. And she was a mega bitch. Every time we went out and we come back home, there'd be always one cow that would break out of the paddic and that was Bloody and Needa. And we used to have a turnip paddic and we would strip feed the turnips to the cows after milking in the evening. Yeah, and we had the electric fence there was used to make sure that Anita was the last cow to go in, but she would storm the electric fence and open up the whole paddy to all the rest of the cows. She was a real picture.
Speaker 2: She was a child Plazer.
Speaker 4: Anita's like, hey, guys, watch this.
Speaker 2: Just leading by example.
Speaker 4: I love that for Anita. Thank you Roight.
Speaker 2: Every group needs an Anita.
Speaker 4: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know now, I need to know.
Speaker 8: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what's in the news today to know.
Speaker 5: She's what you need to know.
Speaker 12: You know what you need to know.
Speaker 4: With Jody and Ady, Magic Mike.
Speaker 5: Actor Channing Tatum has a new girlfriend.
Speaker 4: He's forty four. Would you like to hazard a guess as to how she is?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she's a little bit younger, maybe she's sort of thirty nine to forty, or maybe she's, oh she what forty five, forty six?
Speaker 5: You know she twenty five?
Speaker 2: Oh my very goodness, well she's twenty five. He's forty four.
Speaker 4: I feel like whatever makes people happy, right, that's fine. It's her wed at judge. But she does look like a child. She looks like a child. So she's an Australian model actually, so that debuted the romance at a pre Oscars mash.
Speaker 2: I wonder from the photo that's doing the rounds. Yes, he he looks like he could be twenty five as well.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: He kindly look at him. He doesn't look like you stock stand a forty four year old.
Speaker 4: Very handsome man channing tato. There's no question about that.
Speaker 2: What's Leo DiCaprio, who's famously got the oh yeah, you know, no over twenty five? It's rule?
Speaker 5: Is it twenty five or is it twenty one?
Speaker 2: If it was twenty five? Oh okay maybe, but he's fifty odd, isn't he?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Could you quite honestly, though, could you see yourself having much in common with a twenty five year old given that you're nearly forty.
Speaker 2: It's just different tastes.
Speaker 5: It would be physical, wouldn't it purely?
Speaker 2: Do you know what? When it's different generations?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's when you're like, what do you talk about? Yeah, that's eva possibly talk about unless you're some sort of high profile celebrity where you're in your own world, I guess. But in terms of the common things that you go an through in your life, particularly when you hit around about forty different state, twenty five year old ain't hit those things.
Speaker 4: So wait, so if he's forty four years so he's twenty to say, twenty years older. So when he's sixty five she'll be like forty five, and when he's eighty five, she'll be sixty five. I suppose when you get old like that, everything becomes relevant because you're both old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's still eighty five year old and sixty five old. Big difference.
Speaker 5: Twenty one hundred and five and she's like eighty five.
Speaker 2: You know, forty five year old versus a sixty five year old. So in a fewyears time, when you hit forty five, you can imagine yourself it's like the sixty five.
Speaker 4: Well played, Like, hey, what about this. An influencer has come under fire for allowing her child to have a wag day a week. A wag day a week. So basically, she's from Victoria and she's at the start of the school year. They've had one day off, so they've done a four day week for her five year old. However, she wants to continue that because she likes Wednesdays with her kid and she wants to keep it going. It sparked a little bit of criticism, one person calling it arrogant and selfish.
Speaker 5: What others said, you're just having a hard time letting go of your daughter.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people as well, saying that particularly when it's the middle day that really disrupts the school pattern. Well, just as if it was a Friday and you had a three day weekend.
Speaker 4: I don't mind it. Like once in a blue moon, if you want to have a day with your kid, I think that's okay.
Speaker 5: It's a good mental health day, it's core bonding day. But every week, yes, that's.
Speaker 4: Just teaching them that you don't have to adhere to the.
Speaker 5: Structure of life.
Speaker 2: That is extreme, isn't it time. We've taken a quick poll and it's crazy. Fifty percent of the participants in this poll who are children are for it. The other fifty percent to are parents are at Gwensta. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 2: Who saw those statistics coming?
Speaker 5: I would like to push for a four day week around here, that big grid.
Speaker 2: How's that going?
Speaker 4: Not well?
Speaker 5: Because we can't have rights off because we love Fridays, we love being here.
Speaker 2: But we also love Mondays, which day would be Tuesday? Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Nothing good happens on a Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Well, songs a song, songs, hong, that's what we play.
Speaker 4: That's why I want Tuesdays off. But if you move that, no, I hate songs of song songs, Hong Okay, it's really bad for my mental health.
Speaker 2: It's not getting cut back to four days.
Speaker 5: I tell you right now, on on