Speaker 1: Long, This is outside.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and welcome to Outsiders, the show that is to bloated government bureaucracies, the billion dollar ABC and the burly Griffin Billibong. What Vivic Ramaswami and Elon Musk will be to draining the swamp.
Speaker 3: If you want to cut off one head of an eight headed hydra, it grows right back. You want to slay the beast, you cut it at its core? All right, you want to go far? We can't just make cuts around the edges. And you're always taking a risk, right, Some people say you're going to cut too much. If we're not cutting so much fat that we're also cutting some muscle, then we're not doing it right.
Speaker 4: So we plan to go deep.
Speaker 3: We plan to go aggressive, we plan to go quickly, and we will not apologize for doing the hard work required to save our republic.
Speaker 5: Oh that's the blueprint for the new Department of Government Efficiency.
Speaker 6: But how will it actually work?
Speaker 5: Maybe that could make a reality TV show out of government efficiency.
Speaker 1: Welcome everybody, Thanks for coming in.
Speaker 7: What would you say it is that you do around here?
Speaker 6: I mean a lot of days, I really do do stuff.
Speaker 7: It's just there's not that much going on Today.
Speaker 8: I help Tanner and Blaze replace those heavy five gallon water containers.
Speaker 4: Tune in each week as Elon and Viva measure every federal employee's value and efficiency an time.
Speaker 3: So your study on how cocaine enhances the sex flive of Japanese quip?
Speaker 9: What's that work for the American tax ban?
Speaker 7: I think it's priceless.
Speaker 10: Meanwhile, thanks largely to the inflation caused by huge blow to government spending, Americans and indeed Australian consumers struggle with a whole new, terrifying ordeal every single day.
Speaker 4: It's called grocery shopping.
Speaker 11: Keep your eyes on me, Okay, can't you just stand something less expensive? I can, but let's not forget. It's the little things that add up. All right, Now, brace yourself. I'm about to do the mixed nuts. Oh go a little, Okay, bite down on this pressure. Get ready, I'm gonna do the cured meats.
Speaker 7: Stop.
Speaker 6: I can't do us anymore.
Speaker 1: It's too late.
Speaker 4: There's a line behind you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're locked in.
Speaker 2: True though, I think we're all going to be feeling like that over Christmas, and now we bore the cost of living drives. It's all completely bonkers. Let's grab the latest Outsiders news.
Speaker 1: Well Richer and James.
Speaker 2: I'm wearing black today to mourn the death of common sense and integrity in the Liberal Party.
Speaker 1: What could I possibly be referring to Rita.
Speaker 6: Oh, I've got some ideas.
Speaker 5: Could it be this hair brained notion that will just ban under sixty means from social media?
Speaker 6: That's the find no way around that.
Speaker 5: There's no unintended consequences with the policy, this idiotic. I acknowledge it's well intentioned. I acknowledge that at the start there was an acknowledgment that young people were having harms caused by the amount of time they was on social media, the content that were consuming, how they were interacting, that's a given.
Speaker 6: But that's like.
Speaker 5: Saying, oh, we're a little bit fat as a population, let's just such.
Speaker 6: A fifty percent fat tax on everything. That's not how you deal with this.
Speaker 5: And their unintended consequences here are grim. They're far reaching, and they're going to impact everybody. It's not going to be impacting just the under sixteen.
Speaker 6: And for a.
Speaker 5: Liberal party that's supposed to be about free expression liberty, this is completely against those principles. It's very hard for Peter Juntan to really coherently explain this position. It's the sort of thing that on the surface level, sounds good. I'm sure it tests well at focus groups and tests well amongst people who don't actually use social media. I don't understand the platform, which sadly is probably most of the politicians who really don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 1: And reads are on that point.
Speaker 2: Anybody who sits in a focus group. Let me trust I've been in enough focus groups. Anyone who's sitting there, they don't have any friends, and they're certainly not on social media. That's in sorry focus groups, by the way, our focus group that's testing outsiders. So yeah, we love it, fantastic focus here's your twenty.
Speaker 4: Five dollars valture. But you free. Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 10: But look, I mean, the thing is, as reader says, this is you know, on one level, you know, we know that Jonathan hate arguments. We know that social media is really bad for kids. It's bad for young people. The algorithms are rewiring kids' minds. They can't concentrate. This is all the stuff that is absolutely true. The problem is the way that they've gone about this I mean as a matter of just democratic process too, just smashing this through with barely any inquiry on this, and then we're gonna have Matt canavan on talking a bit more about this later. But you know, there was no consideration actually how this is going to work. We all have seen, many of us seen the clips of Matt canavan questioning what you know, the bureaucrats were going to do about.
Speaker 4: This, and they had no answers, They had no idea.
Speaker 10: One of the things that's amazing to me is this idea that somehow the apps can determine when you're fifteen years and three hundred and fifty five days old versus sixteen years and one day old.
Speaker 5: Seo years old, what's going to happen here? The kids that growing up on this, this is how they communicate. I think on a level, it's actually really quite cruel to take away the means where a lot of these kids find connection, that communicate, they find their people. And even I don't want to be given credit here to Julian mcgrant, the Safety commissioner, but it's something she is acknowledged and legislation will empower her office like never before. So that's just another reason why to be cautious about it. But this is a way where people, particularly vulnerable kids, find others who look at life the same way. And you know, they may not have them in their friendship group. They might not find those people. It's we find a try, but they might find someone like that.
Speaker 1: It's modern means, it's the modern marketplace. It's completely insane still, but let's just go through it.
Speaker 2: It is bad politics first and foremost for the Liberal Party and the Labor Party. For the Liberal Party to be this close to an election and not opposing every single thing Labor do, because that's what you should be doing, Liberal Party.
Speaker 1: That's how you win elections.
Speaker 2: You don't sit there going, oh we quite agree, we agree with them on this. Oh yeah, they've got a point on that. That's how you lose elections. So first thing, bad bad political decision in.
Speaker 1: Every shape and way.
Speaker 2: You should have let Anthony Albini swing in the breeze on this one, because Albinizi does not have a clue about this pro about this policy. He doesn't understand it, he's got no idea how it works. So bad policy, bad politics, and bad policy because it's unenforceable. You never make a law if you can't enforce it, because it will backfire. Have a listened to Alberanisi attempting and failing as usual, which is what he's best at, to explain how this idiotic idea is going to work.
Speaker 12: Should Australians be prepared for having their faces scanned to use social media? Should they be prepared to upload their documents some sort of government database that social media companies going to tap into for age verification?
Speaker 13: I mean, what are the options here?
Speaker 12: As you said, the assurance trial hasn't hasn't been finalized yet.
Speaker 14: Well, this is exactly what the age assurance trial is informing.
Speaker 1: He couldn't even answer it. He had to look to his sidekick.
Speaker 2: Now Here, we are heading into an election which could be as close as age or ten weeks away, probably for a couple of months away, three or four months away. We're heading into an election and here's alban EASi clueless about a policy, and we could have the Liberals sitting there saying, look at that bloke, What an idiot. That sums up everything this government's about. They don't know what they're doing, they don't know what they're doing on energy, they don't know what they're doing on boarders. They don't know what they're doing with Israel, they don't know what they're doing with anything.
Speaker 4: Look at them.
Speaker 2: They've completely stuffed up this social media thing. That's what they should have been doing. Instead they're sitting there going, oh yeah, yeah, what a good idea, you morons.
Speaker 4: And I cannot believe it.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine said to me this morning.
Speaker 15: His thirteen year old son is saying to him, Dad, I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Why can't I go.
Speaker 1: On social media?
Speaker 15: What have you done, you liberal body to it generation of people who would have been supporting you. I cannot believe the uts of stupidity.
Speaker 2: Fire every single advisor in the Dutton team, Fire every single one. They should be off tomorrow. They do not deserve to be in a job, certainly not heading towards an election retail well on.
Speaker 5: The back of the disastrous disinformation misinformation build that the alban Easy government had to raw after being humiliated knowing they were going to lose in the Senate. They would have lost this in the Senate without the coalition support, because we know the Greens were against, with enough crossbenches against it.
Speaker 6: And yet the coalition.
Speaker 5: Has said no, no, no, let us help you pass these awful laws.
Speaker 6: Give you a big win on the board. Politically it is idiotic.
Speaker 5: But we talked about the under sixties will probably find a way around it, because this is what they do.
Speaker 6: That unsmad sixty over sixties.
Speaker 5: Who don't know about VPNs, who don't know how to get around this, and who don't want to submit to online identity. They don't want to submit to any sort of identification to just access X or Instagram. So they'll be the ones who miss out. And what about the inconsistencies, James, The kids can still go on pornhups, they can act hardcore porn, but they can't be.
Speaker 6: On X or Instagram.
Speaker 10: Well yeah, I mean, look is just the absolutely most disgraceful thing. I mean, you know this is this is this government here talks about you know, things like you know, the treatment of women, misogyny and all sorts of things like that, and yet you know, on your phone these kids can get pumped into them just the worst sort of most misogynistic pornography you know, you can imagine. And somehow that's okay. But the other thing too, politically, there's another point of this here. You know, this is what Albanez he does when he doesn't have something to do about cost of living. So let's remember, cost of living is the number one issue. We saw this in the United States at the last election there, We're going to see that in this election. Everywhere around the world. It's constantly and costly cost living. This whole idea that you know, we've got you back, that's clearly the new Albanize government slogan. This does absolutely nothing to help with the price of energy and the price of petrol, the price of groceries, the price of the price of borgage, your kids getting into a house, any of that stuff.
Speaker 4: Doesn't do any.
Speaker 10: Of that stuff, but it creates the illusion of action when in fact, you know, I think we've pretty much established as Roland. You said, this law is basically unenforceable. Technologically, it's not going to happen, or if it does happen, it happens in such a way that it basically makes Australia the sort of backwater.
Speaker 4: On the interview.
Speaker 2: COVID on steroids, and this is the joke about the whole thing.
Speaker 1: We know, the dystopian the world is laughing at us.
Speaker 2: Well done, blokes at guys and girls over there in the Liberal Party have listened to Jason Clair, one of the labor ministers, proving James's point that this thing is completely unworkable. They even know it's unworkable. Have listened to Jason Clare.
Speaker 16: Now, I don't think it will be Yeah, they've got to take reasonable steps, that's the language in the legislation to make sure that there isn't someone under the age of sixteen on their platform.
Speaker 1: You know, they should be doing that now.
Speaker 16: And Instagram said that they were going to up the endy a couple of months ago on this.
Speaker 8: So what could they do that besides a facial recognition or something.
Speaker 1: How are they going to work that up?
Speaker 16: Maybe it's important to make the point none of this is going to be perfect now. None of this is going to make sure that every child under the age of sixteen is not going to end up on TikTok in the same way that there's you know, young people under the age of eighteen that can get access to alcohol as well, which was.
Speaker 2: The whole argument, which is the whole point of doing so you've just admitted that things complete failure. The only people as Rita said, who will miss out are the grandparents who are sitting there going, why can't I talk to little Johnny, you know, on the other side of the country, my weekly chat with my grandkids on the grand can be Sorry, brand I'm not allowed on social media.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: They're the only people who will suffer other grandparents, trust me, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: I don't have a point here.
Speaker 5: All that, But because if they don't want to have some sort of online identity check, if they don't want to submit to that, could they can't establish their.
Speaker 6: Overseiness social media?
Speaker 1: People only lose out of this.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 10: Here's the thing, a law that, as Jesson clear has acknowledged, will be flouted by every buddy.
Speaker 4: Everybody.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen.
Speaker 10: The rules here say that, you know, it has to be about reasonable steps. So every company will say we're taking reasonable steps. And then what this here could also be is a way too for the government to say we don't like the way this particular company's algorithm is working I e X and the sort of stories and news they're promoting. So therefore, oh, enforcement wise, we're going to take a look, particularly at X about this. Now, every single social media company will be in technical violation of this. So this, you know, sort of damocles will hang over every social media is company to companies head and this is how the government will then be able to leaverridge control over what Australians would see on their.
Speaker 2: FeAs control and read to the whole point is they're already going, oh YouTube, that's in, No it's out, or the Wiggles said let's keep it in, so it's in, you know once that what do we think? This is government control? As James says, this is draconian. This will be COVID on steroids.
Speaker 5: Well in and we already have had the Safety Commissioner have this.
Speaker 6: I was going to say fat while, but I don't want to be sued. Vendetta is a better word.
Speaker 5: Vendetta against Elon Musk, against X because X is the only platform that tries to have some semblance of balance, not to suppress conservatives, ban conservatives. That's still happening on Instagram and Facebook, on Zuckerberg's platforms, so X and they did some research on this and CNN reported this recently is now almost.
Speaker 6: Fifty to fifty.
Speaker 5: It's still a little bit more left leaning as far as you look at the US. There's still a few more Democrats than Republicans on it, but it's the closest we have got to actually having some equality and a genuine, really free speech platform.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure reader.
Speaker 6: Going to be targeted. It's going to be Elon Master already.
Speaker 10: Do you remember when the Bishop Mamoun was stabbed out in Western Sydney, they made a move to censor the video of that event specifically on X. It was all about that, and we know that Julian mcgrant has absolutely no love lost for for Elon Musk. So it's a you know, this is about this sort of disruptive pro freedom, pro information versus the gatekeepers. And it's really funny to see, you know, labor on the side of the gatekeepers here. They want to they want to gatekeeper what you're allowed to say. The big problem that everybody has with X, the problem that everybody has that's leaving X they're probably you know, is that people are allowed to say things on IT that is not being sens out. They're going, oh, X is terrible because people are allowed to say and report things and you get raw floods of things, you know, and there against that. It shows why so much of the mainstream media is in real difficulty.
Speaker 2: Now I want to move on talking about banning. They're banning people now from Parliament as well. Lydia Thorpe has been was banned from the Senate this week. Let's have a listen to Lydia Thorpe yelling out some pretty vile Palestinian garbage, which seems to be her latest thing.
Speaker 6: Yes, very very palist.
Speaker 7: I call the clerk.
Speaker 17: I call the clerk.
Speaker 1: She is tiresome and painful, rita. What do you make of her being tossed out of the Senate for the day or whatever?
Speaker 5: That she's comical at this point, Lydia self parody it is. It's almost amusing because there are people whose voting record in the Upper House is as abysmal as hers. At least she brings some entertainment. So it's hard for me to be genuinely angry at her because she's a character, almost a characterture that has been enabled by the far left and the left generally in this country. This just almost from central casting her belief system. It's just so idiotic, so intellectually vacuous. But you know what, I can find far more glowing media reports and features on Lydia Thorpe and you know when she was first elected and came in holding her fist up and you know, and that sort of identity politics has been so celebrated in this country that we shouldn't be surprised that.
Speaker 2: You're right, she's the logical conclusion of the education system and that we have in this country. She's the logical conclusion of where the media pushed many of the arguments.
Speaker 10: Well, no, that's exactly right. And the other thing too about Lydia Thorpe is that you know, she left her party and so you know, this is something I think that we really need to have a real think about in this country too, is when you are collected to a party on a ticket, you're elected, set a ticket, you know it's not you who's running specifically, and then you get into the Senate and then you ditch that party.
Speaker 4: Well, what's what's the reason for you being there? You shouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Someone who did that was, of course, Fatima Payman.
Speaker 2: I'll be talking later on in the show where she and Lydia Thorpe belong in clown show.
Speaker 6: Of course, yes, disgraceful.
Speaker 5: I don't think enough has been said that I think, at least with Lydia these days, after the you know, the glowing commentaries died down, she now actually does have some scrutiny, including from the media.
Speaker 6: But payment what she did.
Speaker 5: This week, and I know you're going to be talking about it later in the program. I thought that was one of the most disgusting things I've seen on the Australia.
Speaker 1: Let's just show what we're talking about.
Speaker 18: In another statement, she says, we're bringing in people from South Africa at the moment, there's a huge amount coming into Australia who.
Speaker 6: Have disease, they've got AIDS. If that is not racist, what is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, she said a lot more than that. That's I'm sure we'll be playing it later in the program. The comments she made towards Senator Hanson were absolutely despicable, beneath contempt, and I think.
Speaker 6: She gets away with it because she wears a jab.
Speaker 5: She's a picture of diversity in Australia and I can tell you wearing a huge ab should not give you a pass for behaving that way.
Speaker 1: In part well, what was worse to have the.
Speaker 2: Way she behaved James, was that she accused Senator Hanson of racism based on some comments a legitimate comment from twenty thirty years ago about people with HIV or AIDS coming in from an area which had a large population that had HIV AIDS, so a perfectly legitimate medical comment which Payment but also accused her of racism. But what is sickening is that Fatima Payman. I don't hear her calling out racism. When we have people marching up and down the streets with their anti Semitic behavior, smashing cars in Wallara, smashing Christmas decorations outside Myers, yelling about.
Speaker 1: F the Jews or where's the Jews.
Speaker 2: Or anything else. We don't hear a word from Fatima Payment. That's racism. Fatima Payment, what you condone or or what you don't condemn? Sorry, I'll rephrase out what you fail to condemn.
Speaker 6: There, that is, and did you walk past?
Speaker 4: Did you walk past?
Speaker 10: The one thing I will say in her defense is that she did essentially kill off the misinformation bill, So you can kind of give her a little bit of credit for that one there. But you know that said though, there's also have a huge problem with this whole idea of policing the lines of debate what are acceptable things, what are unacceptable things to talk about, which is exactly what her and the left when they entertained her are trying to do. And you know, we're talking a bit later in the program about you know, the way even on the left people are talking about immigration in ways that they weren't you know, even a year ago in Britain and places like that. We do not need more policing of debate on these matters.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And we've also seen in Victoria they've honored an interesting choice for honors award.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, yeah, this is a woman who sign it's Victoria, It's Victoria. What can you say?
Speaker 5: This is a woman who has disputed the sexual violence, the rapes that happened on October seven, who has said that Hezbolla is not a terror group, who has defended some of the most vile anti semitism we see out of from Palestinians, saying that's their lived experience. It's and to be put on an honor roll for women in twenty twenty four by a Victorian government minister, it just shows you how broken Victoria is. It's depressing as a Victorian.
Speaker 6: It's a state that's.
Speaker 5: Not only broke, and I say that not to engage in hyperbole. It's broke biggest state debt in the country by far land tax, payroll tax, the state taxes.
Speaker 6: Are through the roof.
Speaker 5: People are hurting, people are fleeing, and then on top of that, to have things like that happen that are just demoralizing for normal people.
Speaker 6: Victoria's in a lot.
Speaker 2: Of trouble, absolutely so as the country when you've got people like Penny Wong wandering around suggesting that, for example, Benjamin would be arrested if he came into this country, and she's suggested that she would abide by the law.
Speaker 5: Just before we finish up on the senator payment, the comment that really I thought was out of bounds is when she said that Senator Hanson is a disgrace to the human race. That's to say something that dehumanizing about a fellow anybody, fellow Australian, I think is just absolutely disgusting. And I hope there's an apology in the future and we can numb because we.
Speaker 2: Wait with Beaty Brown after the break more Rita her reality check us across to London to get the latest in UK politics.
Speaker 1: Admyral Central Nathan can't wait, can I tick.
Speaker 5: You're watching Outsiders with your host Rowan Dean James Morrow, and I'm Rita Panaghy And every night on the Riata Panehy show we feed left is losing it, and people do ask me very regularly, how do you come up with so many examples of so called progressives be clowning themselves?
Speaker 6: And the honest answer is there.
Speaker 5: Is always far more material than there is time, no shortage of content. As to the question of whether we should so mercilessly mock the leftist saloons, well, consider fact that these self delighted, delusional miscreants are happy to call you a Nazi, a fascist, a bigot for holding views like men can't have babies. They call you racist for wanting everyone to be treated equally instead of giving special privileges based on color ethnicity. They backed every totalitarian measure to punish those who challenge the insane COVID era overreach, including every unscientific, draconian rule. They were more than happy for people to lose their livelihoods to be punished for not abiding by these illogical, illiberal orders.
Speaker 6: Again and again they have shown who they are.
Speaker 5: So no, I don't have any qualms about mocking them silly. After all, the left has all the institutional power. They have, the universities, government bodies, the big corporates, Hollywood entertainment industry.
Speaker 6: They are right for some humbling and talking about Hollywood.
Speaker 5: More than one star will feature in today's top five Lefties Losing.
Speaker 6: It meltdowns of the week.
Speaker 5: Coming in at number five is Sharon Stone, proving that wisdom does not always come with age. Some folk just get dumber and double down on the breathtaking ignorance.
Speaker 6: Here she is in Italy mouthing off about the election result.
Speaker 19: You know, Italy has seen fascism. Italy has seen these things. You guys, you understand what happens. You have seen this before. Americans who don't travel, who eighty percent don't have a passport, who are uneducated, are in their extraordinary naivete.
Speaker 6: Oh she's not just bitter and hateful.
Speaker 5: She's also as dumb as a box of rocks. And that line about eighty percent of Americans not having a passport is a myth. Around one in two Americans have a passport. Maybe she was mixing America up with Japan, or only about twenty percent of citizens have a passport.
Speaker 6: Now let's get to number four.
Speaker 5: I love nothing more than watching Lefty's turn on each other. And in the aftermath of Kamala's humiliating loss, we have the old guard, the veteran Democrats like strategist James Carvell, turning on the young progressives.
Speaker 17: Not only am I not interested in your opinion, I'm not even going to call you by your name. You're twenty three years old. I don't really give it. What is think if I were run in a twenty twenty eight campaign and I had some little snot nosed, twenty three year old saying I'm going to resign if you don't do this, Not only would I fired on the spot, I would find out who hired them and fire that person on the spot. I'm really not interested and you're uninformed, stupid jackass opinion.
Speaker 6: Kind of I'm warming to him. I've got to sign a few philosophies there.
Speaker 5: We can pick up now another Hollywood simpleton who is not handling the election result well. As Alec Baldwin. He had this to say about his countrymen.
Speaker 20: Americans are very uninformed about reality.
Speaker 10: What's really going on with climate change Ukraine is the way you named all the biggest.
Speaker 5: Topics in the world, but Alec is positively euphoric when compared to actress and former view host Rosie o'donald, who has completely lost the plot. She comes in at number two on the week's biggest Lefty mountdowns.
Speaker 21: But it's hard to avoid it when it's so blatantly obvious when you look at the parallels that we have been here before as a world. When democracy falls, you know, fascism takes its place, right capitalism and it's come.
Speaker 5: Yes, democracy has been defeated by democracy. Trump's landslide victory somehow signals the end of democracy and the rise of fascism. These people are so hopelessly broken. But there was one clear standout this week, the number one lefty losing.
Speaker 6: It was the woman who squandered more than a billion dollars to lose the Electoral.
Speaker 5: College, the Senate, the House, the popular vote, and whose staff clearly hate her, because why would they have her filmed this and then release it.
Speaker 22: I just have to remind you, don't you ever let anybody take your power from you. You have the same power that you did before November fifth, and you have the same purpose that you did.
Speaker 5: Why why did they do that to her? Everything from the hideous backdrop there look like the curtains of a cheap motel on the highway, to the VP's own appearance, to the.
Speaker 6: Contents of the message.
Speaker 5: Hostage videos I've seen are more joyful than that. The whole thing was a ghastly unnecessary waste.
Speaker 6: Of time, much like a campaign.
Speaker 5: And you know what, Kamalai, if you do run again, and apparently you want to run again, make sure you sack every single person who told you that video.
Speaker 6: It was a good idea.
Speaker 1: Fantastic thanks and of course you can watch.
Speaker 2: He's losing at Rita's wonderful show every night she's got her segment plus Friday nights left.
Speaker 1: He's losing it, charging to the number one position there on Friday Night. Well done, Rita, excellent stuff.
Speaker 2: Let's bring in our former Reform UK candidate to Mayra and Central Nathan live from London where Mayron always great to see you. We've had Keir Starmer come out and accusing the Rishi Sunak or the Tory government of a deliberate plan to bring in an experiment to have open borders.
Speaker 1: Let's have a listen.
Speaker 23: This happened by design, not accident. Policies were reformed deliberately to liberalize immigration. Brexit was used for that purpose to turn Britain into a one nation experiment in open borders global Britain. Remember that slogan, that is what they meant, a policy with no support of which they then pretended wasn't happening.
Speaker 2: So Myron he goes on to blame brexits for the mass immigration that's going What is going on in the UK?
Speaker 1: Is this like the real deal? What's happening?
Speaker 24: Well, these figures one million nets, I'd like to remind you it's net figures that we're talking about coming into the UK on June twenty twenty three. And we're not talking about the small votes here. Just to clarify, we're not talking about illegal immigration. We're talking about legal immigration near enough a million people coming in.
Speaker 25: On June twenty twenty three.
Speaker 24: And this isn't about negligence or just incompetence. This is about pure deceit by the Conservative Party, of all parties, we're talking about David Cameron's a made Boris Johnson, Rishie Sunak basically open the borders. They've looked the British public in the art who repeatedly voted for immigration to being attendent about and then immediately turned around and open the borders. Nigel Faraja has described this as a political betrayal that the lights which we've never seen in British history, one of the biggest we've ever seen. And the thing that we have to realize is that immigration is obviously, especially when it's cheap, low skilled immigration, it's going to be a net drain in the economy. It's going to be a massive stress on the infrastructure. But immigration is not like other issues like the economy and a health service. If the economy goes down or the health service goes down, there are leavers you can pull to get it back on track. The immigration at this scale causes irreversible damage to the culture and identity of a country, and it takes thousands of years to build a culture, and we're being decimated in about two or three decades. So this isn't just bad policy. This is actually the death of a nation in slow motion. That's what we're seeing here. So this is for me, a democratic emergency to get everyone on board to stop voting for the Conservative Party, to stop voting for socialist labor Kis Starmer is an absolute hypocrite. We need to get behind Nigel Faraje and a reform party to actually save this country.
Speaker 10: James well maron how bad must the internal polling be for labor and for Keir Starmer on this that they have suddenly decided to have this road to Damascus or possibly a roade from Damascus moment about migration, because I'm old enough to remember, this is a huge deflection.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 10: In two thousand and nine, remember that Andrew Neither, who was adviser to Tony Blair, came out and said that the Tony Blair migration policies were all about quote rubbing the rights nose in diversity. So this is the labor policy here, and there seems to me like an incredible deflection to me that suddenly they're blaming the right for this.
Speaker 24: Yeah, look, you cannot trust Kirs Starmer's words. He is what I've noticed Kairs Starmer is every politician may be slightly elastic with the truth, can say kiss Starmer is very very comfortable lying to the British public, and he is simply saying what he knows. He's been advised to say what he thinks the British public want to hear in the moment. Look, he is ideologically wedded to open borders. He is ideology wedded to refugees welcome.
Speaker 25: He will not deflect. He will not control immigration.
Speaker 24: He's promised to smash the gangs and stop illegal migration from France.
Speaker 25: They've only increased.
Speaker 24: So there's no way his party, or even even in his own self, will allow him to control immigration. He believes in the global citizen, not the British citizen.
Speaker 5: But yet she has also talked about tackling illegal immigration recently, which is astonishing. Open border Starmer suddenly is sounding like Donald Crump.
Speaker 6: And the polling.
Speaker 5: I want to ask you about Myron. There's polling that's come out just in the past week showing that Nigel Farage now has a high favorability rating then Kiirstarma and a lower un favorability rating. Is it a possible I know where you stand on this, but let's be realistic. Is it possible to break that labor Tory duopoly and have a third party win an election?
Speaker 25: Well, Nigel Faraj has put it like this.
Speaker 24: I think every kind of let's say five hundred years or something like that, there's a moment where the where the public wake up and they start to realize that there is a new political climate that we need. Now we've had the conservative part of fourteen years. I've just quoted, we just looked at the migration figures there.
Speaker 25: We now have a labor.
Speaker 24: Socialist government, which in four months I think is the most unpopular, most unprecedented negative pole and you could possibly imagine reform UK of Nigel Farage needs to look at things on a six month by six month basis.
Speaker 25: We've got county.
Speaker 24: Council elections coming in in six months time, in sort of made time. If we do well, then that will build a further base. And what we're doing now is grassroots structures across the country. We've got one hundred thousand members that have joined in just sort of four or five months. We've got four hundred branches across the country. We have the momentum, we had the trajectory, and I see if you judge us on a six month by six month basis, I think it is possible.
Speaker 25: It is possible, but we need the.
Speaker 24: Public behind us and we need to really understand the gravity of the situation. I honestly believe as I said before, we're in a democratic emergency. We need a handbrake turn and we only have four years to save this country. If the British public wake up to that, I think definitely Nigel Farage has a very strong chance of getting to number ten.
Speaker 2: Well, Mayran, I think it was Shakespeare. Wasn't it a Time and tides? The tide and times of men turning?
Speaker 1: Or whatever it was? But I think you're right about that.
Speaker 4: There's this time and talk a little bit.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: There was a call, there's been a call for a general election, so there's been a a kind of online petition which has gathered nearly three probably over three million by now signatures. Now that is unprecedented by itself. So the man and.
Speaker 1: Woman on the street in Britain are they fed up? Do you think? You know?
Speaker 2: As Reda says, can we see a Nigel FARAGPM, I'd love to.
Speaker 1: I think it'd be great. I've been wanting that for.
Speaker 4: A long term.
Speaker 24: Well, they're absolutely fed up, and I think it's worth sort of informing your viewers that on paper, Kirstan and Labor Party have a very strong constitutional mandate because they had all the right votes in the right places so they've got the right seats, enough seats to get into parliament. However, nationally eighty percent of the public didn't vote for them, so they had a very weak national mandate, a strong constitutional mandate, but a week national mandate, and so they've called it a loveless Landslide has said that they have a mandate as wide as the ocean, shallow as a village pond, and I.
Speaker 25: Think that's a situation. So this is a very very fragile government.
Speaker 24: And if you imagine, it's quite difficult to get the average person politically motivated to actually get up and do something about changing the country. But when this petition went round, it's amazing at how fast it gathered pace. So many people just pause their Netflix, put down their cup of tea and actually thought, you know what, I'm going to sign this petition because the anger and venom is so strong. Because like Andrew Neil mentioned really in a recent article, people have woken up that we now have amateur politicians, student politicians that use vain ideology ahead of pragmatic policy. And that's the way I would describe everything's about identity politics, NET zero clamping down on freedom of speech, hate speech and so on, and we've seen it in a recent socialist budget. So much boring, so much taxation. Yet they're saying white wives and their growth. We don't know what they're doing. Amateur politicians who are playing fast and loose with the lives of British citizens.
Speaker 2: Myron, you think you got it bad, you should come to Australia. We specialize in undergraduate student left wing politicians.
Speaker 1: Without a clue as to what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Just quickly before we go, the farmers strikes this inheritance taxt want to get your thoughts on that, and also the BBC running around Palestinian colors, left, right and center.
Speaker 1: Give us a quick thirty seconds on each of those.
Speaker 25: Thanks, Well, I think that the farmers.
Speaker 24: It's it's strange how Labor Party has wasted so much political capital trying to fight the farmers who are so popular for the sake of half a billion pounds.
Speaker 25: Why are they doing this?
Speaker 24: Well, I believe they're doing this primarily because they don't believe that you should pass your property onto your future generations. They believe your property is the property of the state, and they also believe that they want to that your property should be used.
Speaker 25: For net zero solar farms and web farms.
Speaker 24: And so this is really a loud rab situation destroying a pillar of our British community, which is our family farmers. With regards to the BBC and Palestine, well her massa get engaged in asymmetric warfare which is all about trying to provoke Israel, not to win the war, but to win the proper gander war, and the BBC are the useful idiots in that propaganda war, you know, highlighting anti Israel rhetoric, grow her mask, glorifying her mass And now some of their employees are actually wearing you know, Palestinian palaestinine color to be encouraged to wear this stuff, and so all of this is going on, and yeah, I think the Jewish community are starting to realize that whether it's their health service who are also wearing Palaestinian colors, or it's their impartial broadcasting service, there is a normalization of anti Semitism that's starting to prevail.
Speaker 25: And I think that's the real problem.
Speaker 2: Mayra and Central Nathan. Always great to chat to you, such great insights, and we'll chat to you again soon. And if we don't chat to you, before then, have a very merry Christmas. That's there, Mara, and they're in London coming up. What's more happen here on Outsiders?
Speaker 1: Don't go away? Matt Canavan in a tick.
Speaker 2: You're watching Outsiders and thank you so much for watching Outsiders every Sunday morning and yet again read it James, yet again making us the number one show on all of Sky News Australia. I love how you do it all the audience side, I know, thank you so much. We certainly do appreciate your loyalty very very much.
Speaker 1: Now what a week.
Speaker 2: We've talked before about what happened in Parliament with the under sixteen social media ban.
Speaker 1: Well, if you were.
Speaker 2: Watching, you were probably watching it streaming on social media. And that was the great irony, an irony that was picked up by Matt Canavan, Senator Matt Canavan who made one of.
Speaker 1: The great political speeches I thought of his.
Speaker 2: Career, as I said on social media, prime ministerial material. And I was not the only person to say that. But what's Matt specific. We noticed was that longtime political activist Anthony Khalouf, who's known for his organizing of anti lockdown protests, he actually went to jail during the pandemic for organizing anti lockdown protests. He was live streaming. He's got Australians versus the agenda. Is his Twitter handle there, and he was highlighting the importance of freedom of online media platforms.
Speaker 1: Will Matt Canavan noticed this referred.
Speaker 2: To the fact that here we were debating social media banning social media when social media was live streaming far more people than ever normally watch Parliament, have a listen to this.
Speaker 14: Why is it that we've got this bill that seeks to we think, we say the mister says to help parents and the word parent is not mentioned at all in the bill. There's not a single mention of the world word parent in this bill. Why there is a silver lining here? Perhaps Right now a guy called mister Anthony Kaloof is running a live stream of our broadcast. He has thirty eight thousand people watching. The official YouTube channel of Parliament has eight hundred. He's got thirty eight thousand young people absolutely pissed off with this Parliament right now watching.
Speaker 1: So here's a special trip for you.
Speaker 2: We've got both Matt Canavan and Anthony Khalub together here. There's Matt up on the wall. Matt, we've got Anthony in the studio. We'll cut to him in the second. Area's Anthony. So Matt, let's go to you first, wearing your normally understated Sunday morning attire. I'm glad to see just in cases any doubt as to who we're talking to, Matt.
Speaker 1: You must be up in Queensland somewhere. It looks beautiful as it always does.
Speaker 2: Now tell us you spotted the amazing irony that here was more people watching Parliament banning social media thanks to social media.
Speaker 14: Matt, Well, look, I think what's happened this week has activated a whole generation of Australians. And as I noted, that's perhaps a silver lining from what was a bitter sweet last week of Parliament. I don't think we should forget that the week started with a smashing victory on misinformation, such a comprehensive defeat for that terrible anti Deycree democratic law that even the Labour Senators on Monday voted against their own law to dis charge the misinformation law. Because of all the great work of yourselves here on outsiders, all of your viewers, people like Anthony on social media, all made that difference now the end of the week wasn't so joyful. Of course, with the passing of this draconian band, this blanket ban. It was done within the cloak of darkness on late on a Thursday night. We did get some amendments to rule out the compulsory use of digital ID, so that was one win thanks to the Posse all fighting against that. But still, look, it wasn't the way to make laws in our parliament. And as I say now, I think a whole lot of people have woken up. I've come home to my five kids, never before more engaged in politics.
Speaker 1: Well, let's go go to Anthony Kalf.
Speaker 7: About what's happened.
Speaker 4: Anthony, that was largely you were doing.
Speaker 2: You've been very hot on this issue on social media. You've run a social media campaign Australian's VERSUSY agenda. I certainly follow it. I urge outsiders to follow you on X What was it like that moment Matt Canavan Suddenly there you are, he's talking about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 26: Well, we were streaming for up to fifteen hours that night and got to a really climactic moment where once I heard my name shouted out, I was in absolute disbelief.
Speaker 13: As you can see there.
Speaker 26: And the biggest takeaway from outside of the fact that that was actually named and called out in the Senate Chamber, I really I feel like the bill itself is an attempt to undermine the digital literacy of people to be able to do what I did on that Thursday evening, which is to cultivate the attention of lawmakers like Matt Canavan and I I want to show people that someone just like me that has a basic understanding of digital literacy is able to accomplish that. But I think that this bill is as an attempt to undermine the ability to do that.
Speaker 6: And we saw in.
Speaker 5: The US election just how powerful those platforms were. People were far more likely to hear a candidate with a podcaster than they were to watch ACNN town halls. This is how people now consume us, this is how people communicate. And to be removing a whole segment of the community from that, what can you see as the impact of that? And do you think kids are going to find their way around it? But older Australians who perhaps aren't as tech savvy are the ones who are going to be impacted.
Speaker 26: Well, I think the government has severely underestimated the ability for people like myself and the generation that's now coming through to be able to do such things like cultivating an audience. And I think one thing that I do want to say is that Matt Canavan recognizing what I had done over the week on Thursday is a testament to the difference between politicians that respect and understand this new generation of people that are now being outspoken on social media, and then on the other side, the government currently undermining these people, and that gap between the two is becoming a real big chasm. And I think that we're going to see the results of the election coming up reflect that James and Matt.
Speaker 10: You know, some of the stuff that I was really impressed was not so much in the Senate chamber, but in the hearings about the bill and some of the questionings that went on around the bill. We have found out that they don't really even know what services are going to be covered and what's not.
Speaker 4: Whether or not YouTube's in or out.
Speaker 10: We do know that pornography will not be regulated, so even though there's an eight year limit on whether or not you can look into pornography, say that's not going to be enforced and we know that there was virtually no actual debate in the Senate. This seems like a rushed and completely anti democratic move here.
Speaker 7: Well, I think you're right, James.
Speaker 14: I think the lack of answers in that Senate inquiry was reflective of the rush nature of this bill. We first saw the bill, anybody in the public and myself anyone else, first saw the bill Thursday, the week prior, and by Thursday night in the Senate a week later, this whole New World leading apparently piece of legislation had passed through.
Speaker 7: It's completely inadequate.
Speaker 14: It's an insult to the Australian people that fifteen thousand Australians made a submission within twenty four hours to a Senate inquiry's bill, yet we still rushed it through within a week.
Speaker 7: How could we all give due credence to.
Speaker 14: Those fifteen thousand people with such a rushed, truncated process. It was a really sad day, a sad week for democracy in this country to do that. It was clearly just for so that a bunch of politicians could big note themselves about having done something before Christmas, when we know in this bill it doesn't actually come.
Speaker 7: Into effect until after the next Christmas. There was no rush.
Speaker 14: We could have easily extended the inquiry after receiving fifteen thousand submissions and clearly seen the cinciment out there and delayed.
Speaker 6: Matt, do you think part.
Speaker 5: Of that was almost Albot wanting to get a big win on the board.
Speaker 6: The voice was going to be his.
Speaker 5: Moment constitutional change that didn't happen. Now he's got world first legislation. You know, you can boast about this. CNN's reporting on it, BBC's reporting on it.
Speaker 1: We'll get a job at the un you want.
Speaker 5: Do you think it was about We're going to chalk up a win, And the question has to be asked, why would Peter Dutton help him do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Absolutely, Well, look at one hundred percent that what it was about. And look, it is sad.
Speaker 14: I've just supported my own side definitely conspired here to generate that outcome. I recognize that there are a lot of my colleagues who have a real personal sense about this response to this because they've had their own children or children close to them affected by the abuse of social media. And there's no doubt there are abuses on social media. And I've said throughout this process that some sensible restrictions on young people's use of social media makes sense to me, But I didn't believe in the rush process.
Speaker 7: I do agree with what Anthony's sort.
Speaker 14: Of saying there about the fact that young people are being engaged online and this is like the modern equivalent of banning young people from reading newspapers. I'm in online online discussions now is the modern news. And I'm going to cut I'm going to banning young people from engaging and that just in a blanket way seems totally wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm going to cut in there, Matt, just very quickly because we're running out of time. But one of the things they would read newspapers if they were to read them, were to find out in New South Wales we're not allowed to use our dishwashers or washing machines because Chris Bowen's renewables an's allowed. Giving us enough the lecturesity, your thoughts please on the disaster that is Chris Bowen.
Speaker 14: Look, mate, you can see before our own eyes. And as Jeff Bezos said a few weeks ago, reality is an undefeated champion. Reality is catching up with Chris Bowen's fantastic or fairy tale plans, Brandy System. We do need we do need people like Anthony out there to spread the world on these issues too.
Speaker 7: I don't know what his views are on this, but.
Speaker 14: You need that online discussion to spread the word so we avoid catastrophe before it happens. There was still a chance here for Australians to turn around on this train wreck incoming train wreck before everything breaks. But if we keep going down the Chris Bowen route, well we'll eventually realize he's wrong.
Speaker 7: It'll just be very, very painful.
Speaker 2: Matt Canavan, great to chat to you as always. If we don't chat to you again, have a great Chrissy, but I'm sure we chat to you soon in the new year.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: That's Senator Matt Canavan who made one of the great speeches I thought in Parliament this week.
Speaker 1: Anthony Kaluth.
Speaker 2: You can catch him on Australians versus the Agenda.
Speaker 1: Anthony, thanks so much for coming in. I'd love to get your views on climate change. We'll do that next time. For having me, excellent, No worries.
Speaker 2: We'll be back in a tech Lots more to talk about here on Outsiders Don't Go Away. Hello, you're watching Outsiders with Rita am I over sixteen, Panahee James, where's that facial recognition button?
Speaker 1: Morrow and Rowan VPN Dean.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to dwell on the coalition voting and indeed advocating for the under sixteen social media ban, other than to limit myself to a few choice words selected at random from Roger's thesaurus. Idiotic, brain dead, moronic, half witted, cretinous, shooting yourself in the foot, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, deep state, cia, azo, surveillance state, black, mirror, dystopia, totalitarianism, Chinese social credit system, betrayal, and unworkable. You can put those phrases and words in any order you so choose, Suffice to say, I had a chat with one of former Prime Minister John Howard's close advisors, Michael Bohme, on Friday, and I asked Michael what his advice.
Speaker 1: Would have been to Howard were John Howard currently.
Speaker 2: Leader of the Opposition in these circumstances, and Michael's advice was this, He says, I would have advised mister Howard that blanket age ban on anything sounds overly authoritarian, so I would have immediately urged caution.
Speaker 1: Then, said Michael Bohone.
Speaker 2: I would have asked John Howard to weigh up the risks that under sixteen's face from social media against the benefits that social media organized properly obviously can give to under sixteens. And I would have said, said Michael Bohone, that the potential good in terms of social interaction, education, information engagement and so on far far outweighs the potential harm.
Speaker 1: So a ban is wrong.
Speaker 2: And Michael Bohm went on to say I would have urged John Howard to look at ways that as a government we might help in providing the tool to limit harm. But definitely, definitely no ban. Mister Dutton clearly and sadly lacks such sage advice. I believe that this labor government is so obnoxious and so dangerous to this country on every front, that we face a national emergency in our need to rid ourselves of Labor Greens and the Teals. For that reason, I will carry on supporting the coalition and I sincerely hope they win. But my instinct tells me they have torpedoed themselves below the waterline, and that this entirely unnecessarily and foolhardy experiment in unenforceable authoritarianism will not only prove about as successful and electorally popular as one of Malcolm Turnbull's tunneling machines or Kevin Rudd's pink bats, but tragically may well cost the Coalition the election that was therefore the taking. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. As for mister Dutton, he desperately, desperately needs a whole new team of advisors.
Speaker 13: I do listen to people.
Speaker 11: I hire experts, I hire to tough people, and I do listen.
Speaker 25: And you know what, sometimes they're wrong.
Speaker 4: You have to know what to do when to do it.
Speaker 13: But sometimes they're wrong.
Speaker 1: Precisely.
Speaker 2: Somebody else who made more than a fool of himself this week is the head of the ABC, Kim Williams.
Speaker 1: I've long been.
Speaker 2: A critic of the ABC, even though that's where my own television career began, back on Andrew Denton's brilliant Grew and Transfer.
Speaker 1: But I'm nonetheless critical of the ABC for two simple reasons.
Speaker 2: Firstly, there are of course always arguments for the taxpayer subsidizing certain enterprises, either to get essential industries off the ground or to sustain projects that provide a critical service.
Speaker 1: That the market does not otherwise support.
Speaker 2: But the ABC only falls a tiny bit into that latter category in terms of certain rural services. In terms of the vast majority of the ABC's news delivery, its opinion, its political analysis, its so called comedy, its cultural or sporting coverage, and so on, the ABC is, in today's era of mass choice through digital media, utterly redundant.
Speaker 1: If people want to listen to.
Speaker 2: The tiresome views of Paul Barry or Patricia Carvellis or Laura tingle Well, they should pay out of their own wallet via a subscription, not leech off the hard pressed Ozzie taxpayer whose tax dollars should be going.
Speaker 1: To much worthier causes.
Speaker 2: The ABC has become a grotesque parity parody of state controlled political broadcasting, mocked and laughed at by many people around the world, slavishly selling hardcore left wing and woke, green and indigenous and anti Israeli viewpoint across all its platforms, even to school kids via the insidious BTN shows, which pump a daily sludge of leftist propaganda directly into the impressionable minds of young school kids by the way, allow me to point out another consequence of the idiotic under sixteen ban on social media is that it means most kids ossie kids will now get all their political education from the ABC. Well done, Liberal Party, what geniuses at work.
Speaker 1: Great job you've done there. But back to Kim Williams.
Speaker 2: This week, an enterprising journalist from the ABC actually asked Kim Williams at the National Press Conference Club what he Kim thought of Joe Rogan, the American podcaster whose podcasts reach an audience of hundreds of millions of people. Now, just for those who are not familiar with him, Joe Rogan is a sports commentator and one time stand up comedian actor who set up a podcast and the infancy of the industry back in two thousand and nine, covering literally everything under the sun. His interests are wide and varied, and you can easily call him a modern modern everyday man or every man, and his show is actually one of the most popular, if not the most popular podcast in the world now. Politically, Joe Rogan was at one time an avid fan of all people, the failed Democrat Bernie Sanders. He's been called. Rogan has been called a libertarian, a liberal. He's supported same sex marriage, women's rights, gun control, and so on, but also very skeptical of vaccines and lockdowns. During COVID, his lengthy podcast cover all sorts of topics, conspiracy theorists, theories, and at one point during COVID the hard left rock stars Neil Young and Joni Mitchell.
Speaker 1: He might remember we mentioned this on Outside as.
Speaker 2: They withdrew their entire catalogs from Spotify, saying they wouldn't return until Spotify got rid of Joe Rogan from Spotify. Well, Spotify sensibly ignored Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, and surprise, surprise, only recently they both came crawling back onto Spotify. But it was Trump's three hour Donald Trump's three hour long interview with Joe Rogan, which notched up some forty million views. Apparently that is regarded by many as a pivotal moment in the recent US election campaign.
Speaker 3: You know what it is. I want to be a whale psychiatrist.
Speaker 27: It drives the whales freakin crazy.
Speaker 10: I always got more publicity than other people.
Speaker 13: I don't know exactly why.
Speaker 6: Maybe you can tell me why.
Speaker 28: I could definitely tell you, he said a lot of will maybe.
Speaker 1: Trump was normally, he was funny, he was engaging.
Speaker 2: The interview helped convert a whole new generation of young people on social media and of previous left wing Democrats supporting into discovering the real Donald Trump the man and discovering that they really liked him. To compound this, Kamala Harris, ooh she did she You did not do an interview with Joe Rogan.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 2: And then in the last few days of the campaign, Joe Rogan, a lifelong supposed lefty himself, came out and endorsed Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: I mention all of this for two reasons.
Speaker 2: Firstly, that is the power of social media that conservatives around the world should and could and will be harnessing except here in Australia. To defy the left wing bias of the mainstream media. Trump used social media to convert an entire generation of young people to a conservative cause. Peter Dutton and the Coalition have instead banned young people from going on to social media, where we now know they are more likely to come across and be influenced by conservative and non woke ideas.
Speaker 1: Again, great work, Liberal Party.
Speaker 20: Whatever genius thought banning young people, banning them from getting access to alternative conservative political life is what genius thought that.
Speaker 1: Was the way forward.
Speaker 4: And then this week back.
Speaker 2: To Kim Williams, head of the ABC, he was asked what he, as head of the ABC, could learn from Joe Rogan's phenomenal success. His answer confirmed every criticism ever made about the ABC.
Speaker 29: So I'm just wondering if you had any observations about what's behind the Joe Rogan effect, how you believe he's managed to so successfully capture this huge market and then for us here in Australia, you know, how would or should the ABC be going about capturing that kind of audience.
Speaker 27: Look, I'm not sure that I'm the right person to respond to that question.
Speaker 13: I am not a.
Speaker 27: Consumer or enthusiast about mister Rogan and his work.
Speaker 2: Well, Kim Williams is correct on that first point. You're certainly the wrong person who asked such a question, and he went on to prove the spades, but he also proved that he is also the wrong person to be leading the ABC and that the ABC should not be receiving one more red scent, or any red scent from the average Australian taxpayer. And it was a great question. By the way, how can we learn? But anyway, let's hear more from Kim Williams.
Speaker 27: I think people like mister Rogan pray on people's vulnerabilities. They prey on fear, they pray on anxiety, they pray on all of the elements that contribute to uncertainty in society.
Speaker 1: Oh, I think I hear pots and kettles rattling.
Speaker 2: What an arrogant, ill informed, miserable hypocrite. If there is any platform in Australia that praise on fear, praise on people's vulnerabilities, and praise on their anxieties.
Speaker 1: It is the the ABC. How many hours.
Speaker 2: Every week does the ABC devote to gnawing.
Speaker 30: Away like a dog with a bone on the so called evils of the Australian Anglo Saxon settler, colonial community and history, endlessly using its so called comedy shows to shame and mock and denigrate non Indigenous Australians, shaming us about Australia Day, shaming us about our ansect and.
Speaker 2: Zach forbears, accusing our forefathers of genocide against Indigenous Australians.
Speaker 31: Like this, the Crown is not above politics to us because the symbol of that crown was represented the invasion, the theft of land, and in our case, the exterminating war, which next year will mark two hundred years.
Speaker 2: And when they're not denigrating mainstream Australia or our history, they are endlessly pandering to the pagan doomsday cults of climate change.
Speaker 32: Parts of the region could face more than thirty days of flooding a year by mid century, and are already facing sea level rises well above the global average. The only question is how much time does the Pacific have left.
Speaker 14: But now to one of the wonders of the natural world, which may not be so wonderful in future. Great Barrier reef on one way path to decay thanks to climate change with no end in sight.
Speaker 1: On and on and on. Talk about deliberately raising the.
Speaker 2: Anxiety levels of our youth disease may not be rising.
Speaker 1: That those anxiety levels sure are.
Speaker 2: And terrorizing the vulnerable and the gullible that the planet will end and they have no future worth living because of fighting cowsand coal mines, or endlessly preying on the anxieties of the LGBTQ community around so called hate speech and vilification, or brushing the Israeli is a genocide line, or allowing AB staff to glorify the joys of boycotting Israel, or relentlessly promoting solidarity with the pro Palestinian mob, or demonizing conservative politicians like your Nigel Prages or your Donald Trump's and others, and don't get me started on the ABC during COVID, absolutely disgraceful. The list of unacceptable and offensive, heavily left wing biased ABC broadcasting is a very very deep well indeed, and not for the fainthearted. But let's go back to Kim Williams and his wildly unhinged comments about Joe Rogan.
Speaker 27: I personally find it deeply repulsive, and to think that someone has such remarkable power in the United States is something that I look at him believe.
Speaker 1: Oh, do you deeply repulsive?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 2: Actually, it's the ABC that I find deeply repulsive, mister Williams and the actions of some of its so called comedians and on air talents.
Speaker 1: Doing performing well. I'm going to go into that particular skift.
Speaker 2: I use the word talent in its broadest possible sense. And equally repellent to many is the unbelievable radical left wing power that the ABC wields over a billion dollars a year. We give you to run your sinister cabal of climate cultists and indigenous activists and you get free access to every living room in the land.
Speaker 1: That is unbelievable power. Here's an idea.
Speaker 2: Rather than giving you more taxpayers money, how about we give you.
Speaker 1: A lot lot less, like maybe net zero. How does that sound?
Speaker 2: Because what that billion dollars a year power has helped saddle this country with of yours is one dud government after another Rudd, Gillard Turnbull. Remember how your organization formed all over Malcolm in his silly leather jacket, and now this current labor horror show with its idiotic climate alarm is a rampant indigenous activism, endless acknowledgments of country. Why while it's a strain shaming white Australia and what many in the Jewish community view as your blatant anti semitism, ABC, that is your organization, your platform, mister Williams, that is your ABC.
Speaker 27: I'm also absolutely in dismay that this can be a source of public entertainment when it's really treating the public as plunder.
Speaker 2: A really dismay you want to see a source of public entertainment that treats the public as plunder.
Speaker 1: Try this, mister Williams, I am angry.
Speaker 6: I don't like me mean angry.
Speaker 28: Then by all means Australia take my furious button and run this right for me.
Speaker 33: Now, the easy thing would be to assume that that was a catharsis so healthy, venting of the frustration that has built up over thirty years of the rubbish that you have to put up with being an Indigenous woman in this country.
Speaker 1: Would that be right?
Speaker 28: There was something about that day where I was completely out of my body?
Speaker 1: What do you say?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: Raising anxiety levels?
Speaker 2: Yeap, Yes, that would be the good old ABC promoting unity and respect. I could have played you the episode where the other character what did you do on the cushion whatever? I won't go into it with a white face on it or something like that, but mostfully that seems to have been scrubbed from the ABC quite right. Or I could play you the endless sneering on the ABC on occasions like the Coronation or Australia Day, the rampant pro Palestinian activism that infests your network. That stuff is deeply repulsive to the vast majority of Australians who pay those bloated ABC wages. As far as I'm concerned, Kim, you and your cohorts and the cozy ultimost studios are the ones who endlessly, endlessly prey on the naivety and plunder on the gullibility and vulnerability of Australians and in particular of Australian youth.
Speaker 1: Then, to prove just.
Speaker 2: How completely out of touch he is, Kim Williams went on to Radio three AW to demand more money for the ABC. He wouldn't specify how much or no, because he claims the ABC is quote trusted and treasured, despite as Tom Elliott, the host pointed out the relentlessly falling ratings, which would seem to disprove that point.
Speaker 22: Well, how much do you want?
Speaker 4: I mean you must have.
Speaker 13: You must have a figure in your head?
Speaker 22: Is it twice?
Speaker 27: I'm not going to negotiate with government and have a discussion about the requisite investment in the ABC. I'm through your your good program. I'm not going to do that, and you surely don't expect me to.
Speaker 2: Well, I surely do expect you to, mister Williams, because it is our money you see, it's our money.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure you earn it, but it's ours. So yes, we do accept.
Speaker 2: We do expect you to consult with us, the people who pay your bills, the.
Speaker 1: Public, about how much more of our money you.
Speaker 2: Want to use and want because, to be frank and to paraphrase Kerry Packer, it's not as if you spend what we already give you.
Speaker 1: Very well.
Speaker 2: Then, mister Williams let the mask slip when he defended his attack on Rogan as simply being his personal or point of view.
Speaker 31: A no big deal.
Speaker 27: I might say, I've been surprised since making that response that there has been an astonishingly large pylon from people saying that I was an embarrassment to Australia. Why I'm making an independent comment about mister Rogan should be an embarrassment to the nation.
Speaker 1: Beats me, doesn't beat me.
Speaker 2: Kim Williams, you are the perfect embodiment of that bloated organization, the ABC elite entitled unable. It would appear to distinguish between the organization and your own personal opinions. You were speaking as the chair of the Australian National Broadcaster at the Australian National Press Club, and you chose to sneer and poor, scorn and arguably the fame an independent American media personality who has built up a huge global following simply by his own hard work and efforts. Yes, you are an embarrassment, mister Williams. And as for deeply repulsive dismaying and praying behavior.
Speaker 1: Well it might be time to take a closer look at your ABC.
Speaker 2: We're joined by Gerard Holland, CEO of Page Research Center.
Speaker 1: Great to have you here in the studio. Gerard's where you belong Here in the studio. Last time you were out in the bush somewhere. Now you're back here. Good to have you here.
Speaker 2: If you were out in the busher anywhere else in New South Wales, you wouldn't have been able to use a dishwasher. You wouldn't have been able to turn on your air conditioning. Yet again we learn that renewables, somehow or other aren't quite up to the job.
Speaker 13: Gerard, Well, and that's exactly right, Rowan.
Speaker 34: It wouldn't be a surprise to any one that on Wednesday this week we're all told not to use our pool pumps, dishwashers, our air conditioners, lest the entire grid collapse due to one unscheduled outage out at Rahring Power Station. Now, the reason for this is simple. We have massively invested in renewables. The vast majority, eighty percent of investment over the last ten years has gone towards intermittent and unreliable power, and we've underinvested in that baseload capacity in the grid. And since we've taken out three and a half gigawatts at Ladell, since we've taken out that capacity at Hazelwood, we haven't put new baseload power in. But our reliance on coal hasn't changed. So all of these existing stations which are aging are getting older, they're not they're getting absolutely smashed, being ramped at a much higher capacity because we're asking them to do the job that a more stable grid was doing historically when we had more coal and more baseload power in our grid, we had that.
Speaker 5: Over investment in renewables, but at the same time under investment in what actually works at this stage, which is fossil fuels, and our emissions are going up. Under the alb and Easy government, this has been a.
Speaker 6: Complaint of the greed.
Speaker 5: Well, we're paying more we've got unreliability and we're not even meeting their missions cuts.
Speaker 6: So exactly where is the win on the board here?
Speaker 34: Well, this is the frustration is that we've been promised that renewables would be cheaper and they would be cleaner, and evidently not cheaper. We're building lots and lots of diffuse machines that were only using part of the time that are pushing up those spot prices, particularly in later in the evening when solar and wind aren't producing electricity. But at the same time, they're not cleaner either. Once you factor in the entire lifespan of these installations how many times you have to replace them, you're only reducing emissions by about forty percent than are existing cole fleet. At the same time, you're destroying farmland, you're destroying our national parks. You're having these massive buildouts of industrial plants, but also the distribution and transmission lines as well, and so they're not better for the environment, they're certainly not cheapest. You start to wonder how we even gotten down this much.
Speaker 10: You tell us a bit more about this, clear because Chris Bowden goes out and he says no, no, no, He insists so that renewables are the cheapest of energy, and yet we had a spark price hit I think sixteen or seventeen thousand dollars per megawhite hour at one point this week. At the same time, the premiere here in New South Wales is saying, please don't come home and turn on the air conditionryte their house is high because you've been out of work all day.
Speaker 4: Don't do that, please.
Speaker 10: There sis to be a lot of fiddling around the numbers, you know, we're here, typically.
Speaker 4: Integrated service plan and things like that.
Speaker 10: Tell us about what's actually happening with these numbers, because it seems to be like Chris Bow and frankly, a lot of the energy regulators have been really disingenuous here.
Speaker 34: So I think there's two important things happening there, James. The first one is that a system is not a market. So proving that you can produce low cost energy at a very small fraction of the day does not then mean that over the course of a twenty four hour period that you can push prices lower. And that's the first problem is that because renewables only operate a couple of hours, it comes in those gushes and rushes. It means that you're much more reliant on peaking power and that traditional cheaper power baseload rather than trucking along all day. You're then having to turn it on in demand times when the renewables can't meet that demand. So that's what leads that fluctuating spot price that you mentioned. But the other important thing to mention is that the Integrated System plan is basically marking its own homework.
Speaker 13: It's assuming that.
Speaker 34: The government's policy position of eighty percent renewables by twenty thirty and all of the battery storage that that will.
Speaker 13: Happen with no delays.
Speaker 34: It assumes modeling on prices where most of those best sites, all those gold sites, are already taken, and so they're not factoring in it's going to get more and more expensive to build more more onshore, wind and solar, especially as you get further out in the grid, and so it's not a fair reflection of the full system cost of producing that electricity.
Speaker 2: They also want to see how government works. They should take and you should take them down to the snowy Mountain. They could go and stand in the tunnel with Florence the machine and see how effective they are, sorry, jam.
Speaker 10: As I say, but you know the other thing too that this seems to ignore is that every percentage point of solar and wind that you added.
Speaker 1: This makes grid less reliable, right.
Speaker 10: I mean, they're certainly want to get to eighty three percent I think by twenty thirty five.
Speaker 4: But at that point you've.
Speaker 10: Got to build all sort of stuff to keep that going right, and there's no gas, what'll do gas?
Speaker 4: And the leading the call run down absolutely.
Speaker 34: When you think about your anatomy of a power bill, you've got the wholesale generator generator. You've then got the system costs, You've got the green levees, which of course we're slapping on to subsidize a lot of these things. And then you've got the retailer slapping on the bit at the end to keep that wholesale portion of the bill down. You want your cheapest electricity running for twenty four hours, so they've got a steady supply of electricity and they know how much they need to put into their system. And then at those different times and you expect more demand, you then want to bring in your peaking power, which is usually gas which comes in the line with a solar grid.
Speaker 13: Or a renewable grid. And as you've said, the.
Speaker 34: More you put in it means that during the middle of the day you have this huge rush of electricity with nowhere for it to go, so it either gets wasted or you have to build huge amounts of battery storage or hydro installations which are enormously expensive, just to capture that excess electricity, all the while your cheap, stable electricity you've got turned off. And so this is what's creating that fluctuating kind of system.
Speaker 1: It's insane the way you describe it.
Speaker 5: It's insane means that I don't know at what point, whether it's twenty years, whether it's two hundred years, they will look back at this period and look what read hopefully two years, and it would be like the periods we look at where they you know, they used to burn witches, and we'll go what went wrong? How could so many people be so idiotic? How could they cause that level of self harm.
Speaker 6: To a prosperous country.
Speaker 5: Fast forward ten years, If we stay on this trajectory, what are we going to be looking like?
Speaker 6: Price wise, reliability wise.
Speaker 34: So we've already seen over the last ten years in real terms, electricity prices go up to sixty percent, and on current trajectory, we're probably looking at other sixty to seventy percent increases. I think the important thing to realize is that you know viewers of your show, they would be much more energy and electricity literate than a lot of people are. We don't learn this in school, This isn't currently talked about in most of our mainstream media.
Speaker 13: And most people are really well meaning.
Speaker 34: They trust what the government, they trust what the ABC and other elites in society are telling them, and they want to think that they're doing something that's good for the environment, that's going to be cheaper. And this is where I think we've been failed is you've got this expertocracy who are marking their own homework, who aren't actually factoring in the full system costs, who are completely shut off to coal or nuclear because of what our politicians have dictated them when they're sitting out and making their figures. And so this means that the general public have never actually shown the full picture.
Speaker 2: And now under sixteen year olds don't have any access to any alternative information that might lead them to think, oh, hang on, this is something crooked going on.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: How embarrassing was it for Australia to have Ed Millerband making sense at COP twenty nine and talking about nuclear and Alcus and the Americans saying to the Australians, you've got to go nuclear. Why aren't you going nuclear? Obviously, if you're serious about zero missions, you go in nuclear, what will happen there?
Speaker 34: So it's embarrassing, but it's also quite concerning when you think about our security apparatus, and particularly as we're transitioning to war aucas Let's be honest, we haven't been making those investments in our own military. In a strategic matter. We're relying on the US and we're lying on the Brits to do a lot of that heavy lifting. If we don't get our skates on begin to set up that regulatory framework to process the nukes, when they come here, they're going to leave us behind and they're going to.
Speaker 13: Say, look, Australia, you are't pulling your weight.
Speaker 34: You're going to become a second player, and then we're going to be completely stranded. So it's not just for our energy needs that we need to work this nuclear stuff out. It's also for our national security and making sure that we can meet our commitments within orcus.
Speaker 2: Jared Holand always great to have you here on Outsiders. Have a great Chrissy, and we'll see you again in the new year. Thanks so much. That's of course, Jared Holland. There after the break, James's Donkey vote. Lots more here clown show here on Outsiders, don't go way back in a team.
Speaker 10: Hello, you're watching it, Outsiders. I'm James Morrow here as always with your host rohing Dean and reder Panahy. And in America, the holiday season in full swing.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: In a moment, I'm going to round up all the ways defeated Democrats are playing grinch true in everyone's good time this Thanksgiving and Christmas season. But first, you know, everyone is by now well familiar with Donald Trump's signature dance move, the two fisted Trump dance that has become so popular that even players in the woke NFL are now doing it after touchdowns. Quite the change from back when they used to take the knee. Well, guess what, it's not a new thing, the Trump dance. This is not just a new thing this campaign. I have found video of Donald Trump doing his thing while watching a beauty pageant in what is believed to have been the mid two thousands, so we're talking like twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: Have a look, just.
Speaker 10: Ah, good times there. But you know who's not having a good time American lefties, Democrats, progressive socialists, communists, hamas huggers, the whole lot of them. I mean, think about what they've been through. Not only did Donald Trump win the election with a two big two win popular and electoral majority, but it's also yes, the holidays, which are always held for these types because they represent all sorts of things like religion and family togetherness that they just absolutely loathe. This means, along with a slew of news and vice columns running through the press about why, yes, it is a good idea to cut your family off if you don't agree with them, for the proving my point.
Speaker 1: That leftism is indeed a cult.
Speaker 10: They're also taking to the streets to do things like interrupt the cherished Macy's Thanksgiving They pray because I don't know Palestine. Tell you what liberal New Yorker's protesting for Palestine really is the ultimate turkeys for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: But I digress.
Speaker 10: Meanwhile, newsite Axios has come out with its own hot take on Thanksgiving, saying that the holiday is really based on racial exclusion, while Squad member and Osheina Taylieb, a member of the Democrat Party in Good Standing, posted on Instagram connecting the war in Palestine with the fate of quote unquote indigenous people in America. She wrote, quote we more the indigenous people killed by European settlers and the United States in order.
Speaker 4: To steal their land. Yes, that's right. Just think about that.
Speaker 10: There a popular sitting Democrat congresswoman essentially tip a bucket of the proverbial on America's favorite holiday. And not only that, suggested the entire United States is illegitimate and stolen. We can find a replace in the Australian Senate now. Anyone wondering why they aren't on a winning streak these days? These Democrats, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, it's beyond me.
Speaker 10: Meanwhile, with Thanksgiving in the books, it's time for Americans to do a little Christmas shopping. And Joe Biden, yeah, you know, the guy who's still the president. He was out hitting the Black Friday sales. According to the New York Post, Biden was seen picking up a copy of Columbia University professor Khalid Rashidi's book The One Hundred Year War on Palestine, A History of Settler Colonialism and Resistance. The book argues that quote the modern history of Palestine can best be understood in these terms as a colonial war waged against the indigenous population by a variety of parties to force them to relinquish their homeland to another people against their will. Oh well, yes, Joe Biden's He's probably too checked out to read.
Speaker 4: A book like that. Anyway.
Speaker 10: Maybe it was just a gift for Ashley, But ordinary Americans without the benefit of Secret Service protection when they go shopping have not had such an easy time filling their Christmas list, not just due to bidener inflation, of course, but yes, you guessed it. Prope Palestine demonstrators seen here taking over a Boston shopping while as locals made their way to again the Black Friday sales. Have a look, where are the Moull cops?
Speaker 4: And all that?
Speaker 10: I gotta wonder anyway, folks, this all just proves it. The Left is the reason why we can't have nice things. Can you imagine how insufferable things would be if these people had actually won that election? Well they didn't, which brings me to this. Donald Trump has just posted this fantastic video imagining National Lampoon's Christmas vacation if it was hosted by the Bidens instead of the Griswolds.
Speaker 17: If this turkey tastes half as good as it looks, I think we're all in for a very big treat.
Speaker 4: Okay, save the neck or make Clark.
Speaker 35: Okay, Adam terrific staff Thanks James, coming out clown show in a tick.
Speaker 1: Roll up, roll up, step right this way.
Speaker 2: It's the freakiest, scariest, craziest show in town. It's the Camera clown Show featuring everybody's favorite mean girls. First, we had the Labor mean Girls, Petulant Penny, Katty Katie and Kookie Christina, allegedly three of the nastiest, most spiteful, most vicious, snider and sneering women to ever grace our Parliament. Called the mean Girls by their own peers because of the way they are said to have treated some female members of their own Labor party, including, of course, how.
Speaker 1: They allegedly bullied.
Speaker 2: Chastised, ostracized and alienated one of their own colleagues.
Speaker 1: A fan of this.
Speaker 2: Show as it happens and a funny and fiercely intelligent woman, I and many Australians on all sides of politics, had genuine affection for that being the late Labor Senator Kimberly Kitching. Allegations denied, of course, by the three Labor senators seen here on a hidden camera auditioning for Walkorn roles in William Shakespeare's Macbeth.
Speaker 28: When shall we three meet again in thunder life thing? Or in way when the very Burly's done, when the Battle's lost and won.
Speaker 2: Many have claimed the bullying by the mean girls contributed to the stress linked to the heart attack that killed Kimberly Kitching. Yet here's how Anthony Albanizi responded to those allegations back at the time.
Speaker 1: Do I have confidence in Penny Wong as Senate lady? Yes I do, Yes, I do.
Speaker 28: And Katie Gallagher and Kristnick nearly are part of the solution.
Speaker 1: They're not part of the problem.
Speaker 2: Hmmm, trust me, Penny Wong, Katie Gallagher and Christina can Nearly are part of the solution. Well, this country is in serious hubble, bubble, toil and trouble. But now, folks, it's time for the sequel. Direct from the Burly Griffin, Big Top. It's bigger and better than ever, even bigger than that murder of shrieking crows.
Speaker 1: Roll Up, Roll Up for Mean Girls.
Speaker 2: Two, featuring three of the weirdest, wackiest, wokest witches to ever grace the crossbenchers. You'll be stunned, You'll be horrified, You'll be reaching for the paper bag.
Speaker 1: Yes, here they are, in all their glory, sorry, all their glory.
Speaker 2: First up, fabulous Fatima, the girl who can see racists even when they're not actually there.
Speaker 18: In another statement, she says, we're bringing in people from South Africa at the moment. There's a huge amount coming into Australia who have disease.
Speaker 6: They've got eight.
Speaker 18: If that is not racist, what is it the fact that you would say, just weeks ago to Senator for rookie stuff back to Pakistan. You're not just vindictive, mean nasty, you bring disgrace to the human race.
Speaker 1: Hmm charming.
Speaker 2: Then there's Motormouth Marine, everybody's favorite clown litigant who's determined to have her voice heard the width and breadth of the land, whether you want to hear it or not.
Speaker 36: That people of Hollah do not have to be grateful or to keep quiet, and I will be speaking out more loudly and more strongly than ever before.
Speaker 1: Heaven help us.
Speaker 2: And finally, Loopy Lydia, she of the raised fists and the cloak made of dead possums, who got thrown out of the clown Show this week for stealing the spotlight yet again.
Speaker 8: Has just been passed to suspend Lydia Thorpe from the Senate after she ripped up a motion by Pauline Hanson on the chamber floor, appeared to throw it at her, and flipped the bird as she walked out.
Speaker 2: And here is Lydia weirdly suggesting that her.
Speaker 1: Spot in Parliament belongs to the Thorpes.
Speaker 28: I'm guided by my ancestors, guided by my people.
Speaker 6: My Senate spot belongs to my people.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: Well, Lydia's people are, of course, predominantly, but not exclusively, Anglo Saxon or Celtic. Seven of her eight great grandparents are what in the vernacular we Aussies referred to as poms. Indeed, a genuine racist would call Senator Thorpe by the nickname pommy Lydia, So.
Speaker 1: Maybe that'll catch on.
Speaker 2: This delightful trio of angry hardcore left wing women. Motormouth Marine, Fabulous Fatima and Pommy Lydia have been labeled the Aussie Squad by the Australian Jewish Association in honor of their astonishing resemblance to the Democrats, equally crazy and tiresome forsome the squad who graced the US Congress. But lovers of slapstick comedy did not walk away disappointed from this week's clown show, which was only just warming up. For reasons best known only to himself, the former serious politician Peter Dutton this week decided to run away from reason and rational thought to join the circus himself with this this bizarre self immolation act known as legislating a completely unworkable and ridiculous law that has made Australia yet again the laughing stock of the free world, the under sixteen ban on social media.
Speaker 37: I think it's a cracking out coven. We pushed the government to this position to come. He's had the technology now without collecting any of your data, they could identify your face as being under or over sixteen, and they should deploy that technology as they do across a number of their other platforms.
Speaker 2: This is mister Dutton's first appearance on the Canberra Clown Show. Let's hope he doesn't make a regular habit of it. Meanwhile, someone who has decided to hang up his clown suit is cheap liberal bedwetter. Simon Burningham, who used his farewell speech to warn conservatives against avoiding engaging in divisive culture wars. Well, here, of course, is Simon Birmingham practicing what he preaches byer avoiding divisive culture wars. And here is Simon Birmingham definitely not engaging in divisive culture wars by going on the ABC and urging young people to get.
Speaker 1: The phiz of vaccine.
Speaker 2: And here is Simon Burningham avoiding divisive culture wars last year by point blank refusing to back his leader Peter Dutton and campaign against the voice here on Clown Show. We obviously wish Simon Birmingham all the best in his future endeavors. But in honor of his sterling work helping prop up the Big Tent during the Liberal Clown Show in its heyday under Ringmaster Malcolm Turnbull, we are proud to award Simon Birmingham the coveted Christopher Pine Cherry Bar, Black Hand, Bedwetter's Award for treachery to the Conservative cause. Who can forget the fragrant Christopher Pine rousing cry and the winner's circle no less of the cherry bar back in twenty seventeen, and we get.
Speaker 25: To deliver the foro to loam is marriage to quality.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Christopher Pine and Simon Birmingham, I dug up this photo of the two of them clearly displaying their unswerving loyalty and heartfelt affection towards the Conservative Prime minister who got them elected into power in a landslide victory. So is the Black Hand Carnival finally over? And how on earth will the Canra Clown show go on without Bedwetter Burmo Let's ask Judith Durham Hyperbowl, the Wacky Way, Crazy World, and how they exaggerate and use our language, steal our language from us Riata The New York Times up to their old tricks.
Speaker 5: They have come up with the term for women. Guess what it is? This is women have become a subcategory of their own gender. They're now called that use the term non transgender women, transgender.
Speaker 1: Small sub non transgender women.
Speaker 5: Being just women to being cis women and now where non transgender women.
Speaker 6: It is comical.
Speaker 5: But this is how deep the indoctrination in the mediaies with the trans lobby. They have completely uh infiltrated and hijacked the narrative there.
Speaker 1: But it's beyond comical.
Speaker 2: It's sinister, isn't it, James, because it is all welly and it's the distortion of So you're you're now accepting, as you said, that women are a subset of non.
Speaker 6: You know, real women. They didn't want to natural born women.
Speaker 10: They don't want to just write the word women without qualification. Like the idea that that there's just women without qualification there is now impossible because of course, you know, you can't set people against each other if you haven't you know, cut them up into different sort of categories and so on, like they're doing with this sort of thing.
Speaker 4: But you know, I've got some good news here for so it is fascinating.
Speaker 10: To me how Donald Trump is now even though we are weeks, you know, eight weeks away from inauguration day, seven weeks, he is now essentially the day facto president of the United States, and everybody is now dancing to his tune. And we have seen this past week on the subject of the border. He's got this great new born Chief Tom Holman, who is so tough and so strong on this stuff. He has threatened to arrest mayors who don't go along with, you know, enforcing the law about illegal migrants. Who would have thought that was a crazy idea. Anyway, The latest in this is New York Governor Kathy Hochel. Now, New York is a sanctuary state. They've of course got all sorts of problems with Trenda Arnegua Venezuelan gangs, things like that. She has now said, oh, no, no, no, no, sorry, we love legal immigrants, We love legal immigrants in New York, but we will call ice on any illegal who's called committing a crime. Is a huge change in total And again, you know, this starts from the top and flows downwards, that leadership that Trump is providing on the border, and it is fascinating.
Speaker 4: You know, we spoke about it.
Speaker 10: Earlier in the program, guys about how even in Britain with Keir Starmer, he is starting to talk Trump is changing the world. Suddenly, the whole, absolutely, the whole open.
Speaker 4: Borders narrative is over.
Speaker 10: It's over, and it's only because Donald Trump won that around the world everybody is now looking at open borders as disaster that it has been.
Speaker 2: Open borders over reads a climate change will be over when Trump pulls out a thingy.
Speaker 1: We've got.
Speaker 2: Everything woke is being attacked by Trump without him even lifting a finger. Yet we've got Jay Baticharia, who we referred to a couple of weeks ago. Last week we said that the rumors were that Trump was thinking of nominating him to head up the NIH. That has now been announced that Trump is nominating him, hasn't been confirmed yet that he is the nominee for heading up the NIH.
Speaker 1: So that's the whole.
Speaker 2: This is the guy who is the antithesis of the entire draconian COVID thing. We had him here on outside as before anybody else that did. By the way, here is Ja Bachuchari is speaking with the IPA when he was in Australia a couple of years ago.
Speaker 9: Why the lockdown in the first place. I think most countries just copy China. The World Health Organization looked that Chinese response in January twenty twenty and said, look at worked. We committed ourselves to a policy that has had devastating consequences on the poor, the vulnerable, the working class, and we did it in good faith, but they were mistaken. Admitting that mistake, admitting that those mistakes led to those harms as a very difficult thing to do. If we keep this kind of policy in place, then I think that is the end of liberal democracy. The censorship and the repression and the civil liberties violations we face will become the norm.
Speaker 10: And the great poetic justice here Rodan Rita is that he is nominated to head the very National Institutes of Health, whose bureaucracy we know tried to silence him and the other signatories and authors of the Great Baronton Declaration, which set out the way that we should have responded to COVID from the beginning.
Speaker 2: And basically, Joe's here on Outsiders right from the beginning, saying what he is now.
Speaker 6: Saying, Rita, Yes, you're right, I agree.
Speaker 38: I want you to go on to the topic about the Trump effect, and James mentioned that he is now the president already, He's not just a president X, He's the president.
Speaker 5: And that's evident on Thanksgiving when Justin Trudeau, the neo Marxist Kendole himself Adel Junior and met with Donald Trump, talked about tariff's trade, talks about all sorts of policies are there.
Speaker 6: He is a Mari Lago. Look at him, smiling, Look happy he is.
Speaker 5: And this is a big surprise because guess what, Joe Biden is actually still the president.
Speaker 6: He's still the leader of the free world.
Speaker 5: You would think Justin Trudeau would be somewhere out and around the White House having these meetings, but no, it's already this And you're so right, the Trump effect, whether it's Kirs Starmer talking like a conservative about immigration or Kathy Hokel, there is this change that they can't ignore the.
Speaker 6: Numbers.
Speaker 5: They can't ignore that there is an overwhelming mandate there and people want to see change.
Speaker 2: And this literally is a renaissance of the West. If things go well, we will see Donald Trump the next four years. We will see across the world all those kind of all the things we've been talking about on shows like this for years, about the transgender stuff, the woke stuff, the climate stuff, all of this is now under the spotlight and it will be transformed for the better.
Speaker 1: Mark my words.
Speaker 2: It's one of the most exciting times to be alive. I believe under what we're going to see under Trump is just sensational.
Speaker 1: And when you see Rita and James the.
Speaker 2: Way they attacked him, he was adult hit that he was a fascist, he was this and that, and now they're.
Speaker 4: All Russia very quickly on this.
Speaker 10: It's also fascinating to look where the corporate world is going on this. So many huge corporations now Walmart, I think was the latest ones. They are all ditching their programs of the big funds that invest in ESG and we're using ESG as a determinant where they put your money in your super or whatever. They're all taking a second look at that again because I realize there's no money in it.
Speaker 4: It's all a joke. It's just just friction in the workplace.
Speaker 2: Make sure you ware Street to Panahey during the week left he's losing it on Friday. James's US report on Friday as well, what's happening here on Sky News. We'll see you on Outsiders next Sunday morning, bright and.
Speaker 1: Early at nine am. Thank you so much for watching