Speaker 1: We got get you the morning every day, Adelaides.
Speaker 2: Is really to.
Speaker 3: Eat more, and it's a good one. It is in a relationship. Females are always right. I'm for it, You're against it. This is Toughjesu. It goes against everything, you.
Speaker 4: Know, jo Grain, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: She'd like me to go first.
Speaker 3: You sure ready to go?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Okay, dust that off, Here we go.
Speaker 2: Women are incredible, in the words of the Great Whitney Houston.
Speaker 3: Okay, mag.
Speaker 2: Damp straight Whitney rip by the way, our scowls aren't always right, and we have a long history of balls ing things up, particularly when it involves men. Let's take a look back through history, shall we. In the seventeen hundreds, Catherine the Great ruled Russia and was the most powerful woman in the world, but urban myth states that she died having sex with a horse. Poor call Catherine. Poor call Rose was incorrect on the Titanic when she kept being tired draw to herself, leading the love of her life to sink to an icy death. There was room, Rose, There was plenty of room. Monica Lewinsky did a lot of things right until Bill invited her into the Oval office. More recently that hr manager was incorrect when she went with her boss to the Coldplay concert. I'll leave you with this, Marge Simpson was not right when she almost almost had an affair with her ten pin bowling coach Sharks. Remember this.
Speaker 5: Homer Ball's name A Marge.
Speaker 2: Homer almost exacted revenge with Mindy. My point being, no one man or woman is ever right one hundred percent of the time, all of the time except meet home with marsk correct. I'm sorry to bring the Simpsons into it. I'm sorry I haven't asked your Achilles heel very strong points. Was that A did that resonate with you? That time that marginally had.
Speaker 3: An affair with dark a sleazy operator he was? Wasn't her careful to the bowling alley these days? Alright, I'm going to go four. Hey, women, I'm telling you right now, we're always right in a relationship. Here's why women are always right, and guess what, don't argue it's completely useless. Reason number one, they remember everything, even the thing you forgot that you forgot, including that thing you said in twenty twelve at three forty seven pm. Reason number two. Women have intuition, also known as I know you're up to something, even if you don't know it yet. Reason number three. She's already had the argument twice in her head, and guess what she won both times. Reason number four. She's fluent in a dialect called tone and somehow sweety, you're still tone deaf. Reason number five. She asked your opinion just to prove hers was better. This was never democracy. This is a feelings based monarchy. Reason number six. She doesn't need directions. She gave birth to your sense of direction. Reason number seven. She's always right, even when she says I might be wrong, which is a trap. Don't fall for it. Reason number eight. She can literally find anything you lost, but still makes you know that you're an idiot for losing it. And finally, she doesn't need to be right, she just is. And if you disagree, well that's adorable. I've proved my point and I'm pretty sure I've won this argument, and if you disagree with that, well that's adorable. In saying that, I'm starting to change my ways of starting to feel like you might have wonded debate after you dropped the whole horse thing. We've said that for so long. Never have sex with all.
Speaker 2: Cats the great she was doing so right, most powerful woman on the planet.
Speaker 3: Dropped the grade after that she was just mediocre.
Speaker 2: Cattern the horny all.
Speaker 3: Right thirteen and twenty four to ten? Who won the debates in a relationship? Are women always right? Or are they sometimes wrong? Careful? Careful?
Speaker 2: But I would argue that you can't be right on this occasion by winning the debate, then that would let's counterintuitive, because then that would make men right. Four. Don't vote against yourself, ladies, hope for me. Amy from Virginia. Who are you voting for? And of course it's the best of three?
Speaker 5: I am voting for you, Jody.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Amy. Are you saying women aren't always right?
Speaker 5: No, and only from personal experiences, I would agree that they are. But recently I've changed my mind.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like there was an incident.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 5: Oh no, guys, Look, I've been seeing a psychologist for multiples.
Speaker 1: Of reasons, and when else talking.
Speaker 5: To her, some of the things that she has said to me are exactly the same of things my husband has said to me in the past, so that I have not listen through. So I'm like, oh damn it.
Speaker 2: I'm always thank you. Thank you so much, Thanks to you vote. That is one meal so far. Caught me from West Lakes, Gortney, Good morning. Who are you voting for?
Speaker 5: Of course women are always right.
Speaker 3: Gordy sisters? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The system?
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'll take that.
Speaker 2: Okay for the deciding votes, Let's go to Amy from Direct. Good morning, Amy, Good morning, Jody.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but yeah, the sisters.
Speaker 2: It's brutal, brutal way to go down.
Speaker 3: It took such an obvious one side a debate for me to get the sisters on board.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Amy, appreciate you. Oh well, you're on.
Speaker 3: A roll, am I. Though, ITAs it takes us to seventh.
Speaker 2: Three, seven three, she's Louise, You're.
Speaker 3: Still a family. We're getting that time of the year as well where it's getting tight for me to make.
Speaker 2: A comeback seven three though it's not it's not dire, not just dire as what it was. Put it that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, come with your celebrating in the moment. Ok that's okay, all right, jos Can we talk about it particular Zoo in Denmark and what's happening with the lines treated just a little bit different over there.
Speaker 2: Just going to preface this by saying, if you're a member of Peter or if you have a real passion for animals, this segment ain't going to be for you.
Speaker 3: Switch off now, Hey guys.
Speaker 2: A Danish zoo has asked people with pets neeering life and to donate the animals as food for its predators.
Speaker 3: Controversial.
Speaker 2: The Oldburg Zoo in northern Denmark. I just said it.
Speaker 3: We say that again. The Old Burg Zoo said it slurred with confidence.
Speaker 2: And Denmark said that it and other wildlife parks have a responsibility to imitate the natural food chain of the animals in terms of both animal welfare and professional integrity. They just want to keep it real like it is in the wild. If you have an animal that has to leave here for various reasons, feel free to donate it to us. The animals are gently euthanized by trained staff and afterwards used as fodder oo. That way nothing goes to waste and ensure natural behavior, nutrition and well being of our predators. Well. Shockingly, there was backlash social media. Really yeah, with plenty of protesters calling the zoo and I quote sick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could imagine I know.
Speaker 2: That this is the natural way of things, but it just seems very heavily sort of manufactured in this case, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I just don't feel like that's the way that flops. He would have want to go out, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's not what he's written.
Speaker 3: Also, Hey, Flopsy, guess what. We're going to go to the zoo. We're going to meet Larry the Lion. I'm going to leave you guys at the ear and have a playdate. I'll be back later. Have fun, guys, Have fun, guys.
Speaker 4: The following the.
Speaker 1: Mature audiences only and may contain a content graphic language and nudity. Not then you'll see it.
Speaker 4: If easily offended, well, you're about.
Speaker 3: To find out just how your father.
Speaker 2: Headline Grandma accidentally brings erotic novel to book club. Entire group demands she finished reading it.
Speaker 3: It's a stunning and brave headline.
Speaker 2: Yeah. A seventy four year old Brisbane grandmother caused quite the stir when she brought the wrong book to her monthly book club. Instead of assigned the secret garden, she mistakenly packed Ravish by the Ranch hand a spanking in the outback. It's a steamy Western erotica novel she'd picked up at a knopshop. Embarrassed, she did try to explain, but one member shouted keep writing. Soon the entire room was in stitches and blushing as she read aloud a scene involving throbbing masculinity and firm discipline in the hayloft.
Speaker 3: That's the best type of discipline.
Speaker 2: By the end of the chapter, the group had unanimously agreed to make it their new book of the month. They now meet weekly under a new name, Ladies of the Late Bloomer Library, said one member. We haven't felt this alive since the Fifty Shades of Gray series.
Speaker 3: That's good. Oh, keep it alive, keep it spice. It doesn't matter how old you are.
Speaker 2: Christian Gray, it's good.
Speaker 3: Thirteen and twenty four to ten. Let's share some stuff ravaged by the ranch hander spanking in the outback. What's your favorite chapter?
Speaker 2: Hey, one of the netball mums was telling me the other day. Apparently there's this series of books. I haven't read them yet, but they're like erotic novels about dragons. Thirteen twenty four ten. If you're reading it, I think it's a big thing. At the moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in anyone's a dragon involved?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. If she was trying to explain it to like a mystical sci fi thing about dragons, but it's really horny.
Speaker 3: Are you about to throw it out there? Thirteen twenty four ten. De you fantasize about having sex with the dragon? What's going on here? I'm trying to read the room.
Speaker 2: I don't think the dragons are having sex.
Speaker 3: What are they doing you that? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know. I don't have any of the answers, but if you do thirteen twenty four ten, we'd love to hear from you. Ever paid a tribute to yourself on social media for your birthday?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, people do it, though, don't they? People do? It's quite obnoxious. Take yourself, give yourself a selfie it say happy birthday to May. That's top shelf.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, Mega Markle has celebrated her forty fourth birthday. She's at home in California with her husband, Prince Harry, their children, Aren't you in the Lily bat? But the former working royal received no well wishes from the royal family, so she took matters into her own hands. So she has put a gushing post from her own as Ever lifestyle brand. She's got a black and white photo there, she's smiling, and she's captioned it celebrating the woman behind it all. She pours her heart, vision and magic touch into every detail, and today we raise a glass to her Happy birthday to our founder at Megan Market.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Just at least she's consistent, I know. But everyone's aware of it now though, aren't that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, but don't you leave it to your partner. Don't you to pay tribute to you and your birthday necessarily Patriot.
Speaker 3: The Prince?
Speaker 2: Where is prince?
Speaker 3: Where it's the Prince? You should bob up and getting getting around her.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that no one from the Royal family has wished her happy birthday too. You know, it's three years ago that they sort of separated, they divorced the Royal family.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the conversations in Buckingham Palace about Meghan Markle very goodness, oh.
Speaker 2: Man, and I just like you sort of feel sorry for any princess effa who comes after Diana because she was so much, so very much love, wasn't she.
Speaker 3: What I will say is, James, I still have got no time for Meghan Markle yet yet yet if my business hasn't gotten traction yet, no one's picked up my book proposal yet. Who's that girl she does the podcast for?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the Jamie Lena Podcast or something ridiculous. Have you if there's a parody to do yourself a favorite, jump onto Instagram today and check out the parody of it. It's a guy who plays both Jamie Jamie Lena Kernel or something new stupid names anyway, and she plays her and also Megan Markle at the same time. Have listened to this, Meggan, you HAVENI working so ha.
Speaker 6: I don't have to do anything. I just have to be My team will handle the rest. I was telling h the other day over breakfast in Montecito, Archie was trying to zip up his jacket and he was getting so frustrated. I looked at him and I said, you can't zip it up yet, And I bet he felt such fulfillment when he finally zipped it up right. Well, zip actually turned out to be broken, but the lesson was there.
Speaker 2: Wow, she's like, do you think the stars have a line because we're in the podcast together. Oh, Megan, You're the gift that keeps on giving.
Speaker 3: Jen Zetters are completely reshaping what it means to go to a rave. Joe's what do you mean. They're going to a thing called a soft rave, which is a very much alternative version towards perhaps previous generations thought was a rave. Okay, remember when you come home from a rave back in the day and you're like, oh gosh, what day is it, where's my phone, where's my where's my bloody jaw? No, not that last one, not that last one. It's completely changed. Soft raves are a thing. So instead of going to dance clubs, gen Zettas are going to places like bakeries, supermarkets, cafes, listening to music and turning that into a rave. Instead of consuming alcohol, they consume things like lat'es. It's it's a new generation.
Speaker 2: But if you're going down to the bakery for a Lavington and a late you can't call that a rave. Well, that's offensive to every generation that's come for them.
Speaker 3: What if further DJ spins this absolute bangosaurus, double shop babies, double espresso, So here's the thing, and this is where you've got to go. Well, guess what, Maybe it's a smart generation.
Speaker 2: They are.
Speaker 3: There's no question they're consuming about one third less beer and wine than previous generations, and they're also shifting toward alcohol free beverages at a significantly higher rate. One gen Za has responded to the outcry, the outpouring of like, what the hell in this particular movement, I've seen quiet luxury match of rituals and soft rays art signs of being boring. They're signs of a generation refusing to burn out for someone else's idea of fun. Yeah it's intelligent.
Speaker 2: Look I don't, I don't I like that the younger generation are drinking less because, like honest, alcohol is no one's friend. But but but just don't label it a ray.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know, but also but also also remember you're already ready no doubt what. You can't get that with a skim cat with one, can't you?
Speaker 2: This guy doesn't need an introduction, but it does give us an opportunity to la is absolute tune.
Speaker 4: You're beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's true, you won't believe it, But that song is twenty years old and artist James Blunt is coming to Australia to celebrate the milestone. He'll be playing in Adelaide in October his original hits from the Back to Bedlam album as well as Beloved. He is from across He's still an international career. Please make welcome miss Peace.
Speaker 3: James Black, thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Yes, woo, where are you?
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Maybe nice to see lady, lady, Good to see you too. I mean at the moment.
Speaker 1: I mean I just finished a tour of North and South America.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is that your home base?
Speaker 4: That is?
Speaker 1: I mean I move around a lot, obviously, just with music. So I spent a bit of time in Swisserland in the winter in the mountains and out here in the summer, and that'll do.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not the worst life style, is it, James, Be honest, It's a living.
Speaker 3: It's a living.
Speaker 4: I mean, it is worth saying.
Speaker 1: The rest of the time I'm going to tour bus sleeping with sixteen hairy, very smelly men in of coffin sized bunks.
Speaker 4: Than what on earth am I doing? So you need somewhere to come at home? Thing that's worthwhile?
Speaker 2: How do you go with touring and time away from your boys and your partner. How many months are you on the road and how tough is it for the kids, especially when dad's not home.
Speaker 4: I'm on the road as often as I can be, as long as I can be.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's the person left behind just to look after the family.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. My wife is the staff and doing so allow me to do what I do. I'm very lucky in a way.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Kids also kids, they're just living their lives, having an amazing time. You know, emotionally, I miss them a great deal. I live at an amazing way of life. It's a great fun job. I've been doing it for twenty years and I have an absolute blast.
Speaker 2: Well, my good friend Andrew Hayes, he attempted to do what you're doing, and that's become a rock star. So he used to do pub gigs on Sunday afternoons at a beautiful pub called the Lion here in Adelaide, which you have to come and visit when you come to see us. But you've very, very poorly attempted to cover some James Plant songs. Didn't tell James all about that jasement when.
Speaker 3: You burst onto the saying it was. It was this different sound. It was so different, and everyone's like, oh my god, this is unbelievable. And we've been told as young gentlemen that a good way to meet girls and potentially find a life partner is to sing and play the guitar. And when you're beautiful came out. I'm guessing it's worked very very well for you. But when other people try and cover your beautiful, it's just you realize the difficulty in the vocals and everything else. And for whatever reason, was it the false set of It was the false seto. It was a consistent false setter. And for some reason, when you do it, it attracts ladies, but when we were doing it acted as a repellent. So I don't really think I can't explain that, but thank you for giving us the opportunity. I can.
Speaker 4: I can explain it to you.
Speaker 1: There's a you know, there's a fairly obvious reason, which is hazy.
Speaker 4: My bolls still haven't dropped, and so and so I sing like you like.
Speaker 1: A strangled rabbit, whereas you are a man, and therefore you're just you know, trying for the impossible at that stage will cover something else?
Speaker 3: Can you say that to the girls that were running the other way, and I'll try to see the beautiful please.
Speaker 2: Go James, James, you could revert to your expector roots here and make him sing it so no attempt it. That would make my love.
Speaker 3: No do that, Oh my very goodness. Hey, just just on that as well as moved on quick. I had to move on really really quick. Just the Back to Bedlam album. It's twenty years old. Oh my very good It doesn't seem that long ago.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, I know.
Speaker 1: And so what I'm doing is twenty years on. That's the album of mine that really sold especially well. And so what I'm doing now is milking it for all it's worth twenty years when I'm still milking that album on the twenty Back to Bedlam tour coming down to Adelaide in October.
Speaker 3: Mate another artist who's coming to us. And that's the thing. So sometimes we get skipped when the big artists they go to Sydney, Melbourne and maybe Brisbane. That's it. A good friend of yours is come to say this as well, and that is the beautiful Edgeeron yea. So we are in love with you or in love with Edge Hearon and so we believe you've got a really beautiful relationship with you.
Speaker 2: And can I say he's the godfather of your children? What a flex for your kids just to be like, oh, yeah, who's your god dad? Edge here?
Speaker 3: And sure.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, let me talk about Adelaide. You know, the reason I come to Adelaide is because not many other people do. And so people that Adelaide's just thrilled to see me, not because of me, but just they're thrilled to see anyone.
Speaker 4: And I'll take that.
Speaker 1: Ed Ed, I don't know why he's just I don't know why he's coming down, but he's an amazing guy. He's a fantastic, fantastic musician. And I was lucky enough to play with him at the Ipswich Football Stadium and he lent me his audience for a moment. It's just a very down to earth a man with it too. He's a very very decent human being.
Speaker 2: James Man, can you stick around? Because when I was preparing for this interview, I realized that I interviewed you in twenty fifteen, which is ten years ago, so it's our anniversary, Happy anniversary, baby, So I thought, what can I ask him, now that.
Speaker 4: You have a recording, you had a recording of it?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'd have to look back into the archives for that one. I do know that Danny Minogua's.
Speaker 4: On the recording. Did you I listened to before I go to back?
Speaker 2: It's a good that's stunning. Can you stick around because I've turned to Jack gp t for a couple of questions for you, and I've got up with some doozies. This guy doesn't need an introduction, but it does give us an opportunity to play this absolute tune.
Speaker 4: You are Beautiful. Its true.
Speaker 2: You won't believe it, but that song is twenty years old and artist James Blund is coming to Australia to celebrate the milestone. He'll be playing in Adelaide in October his original hits from the Back to Bedlam album as well as beloved he is from across his stellar international career. Please make welcome Miss Peace. As of course we are joined by the King of the Twitter clapback. Actually, James Blunt is joining us on the show. He is coming down to Australia to the Adelaide Entertainment Center Tuesday, twenty eighth of October Ticket sept ticketec and we can't wait to see him again. James, I mentioned that I've interviewed you ten years ago and I thought i'd come up with some new material. Time has changed and chat gpt is my best friend now. So do you want to know the best that chat gpt has to offer when you punch in? What do I ask, James Blunt? You ready for this? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good for it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I have to say I've used chat occasionally when I've tried to write new songs, you know, And I was saying, you know, write a second class in the style of James Blunt, and it's always just writing. It just rhymes high with sky and bye like, and then I humiliated that it realizes that I'm just a really terrible songwriter.
Speaker 4: But you know, let's see what chat Gibt comes up with.
Speaker 2: Chatjept wants to ask you when you released your Beautiful did you realize you'd just written the world's most sung karaoke song at two am in pubs across the globe.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know that. Even to this day, I didn't know that. I mean I knew, I knew it was a excelent song. I never knew it was going to be the mega hit that it was was. We As I finished it, the guy was helping record it turn around and said, you know, well done.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's gonna that's a biggie.
Speaker 2: That is so very British. Well done.
Speaker 3: It's a bit more than a biggie. I've got one for you, Jibs. So Via, what's the most rockstar thing you've ever done that you've never let your kids know about?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know tough.
Speaker 1: I mean genuinely a fair few things, but I probably can't see them on a radio show.
Speaker 4: You know, I live in a Betha.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty wild I mean I went nightclubbing at eight am just last weekend because the club's at eleven pm and they go to on mid day, so I said.
Speaker 4: You know, I get up at eight am and go clubbing.
Speaker 1: Then I only took took from Thailand as we were in Thailand on tour that I went in a tuktook, stepped off it, took a photo and said to my tour manager, I'll have two of these please. And I do my school run a tie took every day. But the other things probably can't really be.
Speaker 3: Mentioned another thing I want to ask you about as well, and looked this was so long ago, but you did a cover of Crowded House fall at your Feet, Yes, and this this was like, geez, you did Crowded House? Think you? Because I feel like there was a whole new generation. What's going on here? This is amazing that maybe started to listening to Crowdy House a little bit more, mate. This was a song that in my youth I got obsessed with and to be honest, thinking about it now and looking back, you probably helped me through a few things. It's absolutely beautiful.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Actually, Full of your Feet was our song for my first five girlfriends.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was I'm going to love that album and it's an epic song and an epic band.
Speaker 2: Well, it's probably one of the I think when you think about iconic Australian songs, it's probably up there in the top ten at least, isn't it. It's just such a beautiful song and you did a gorgeous version of it. Is there anyone you want to collaborate with? Is there anyone besides it? Sharon? Is there anyone on the bucket list that you would love love to do a song with Taylor Swift.
Speaker 4: If you're listening, now's a chance to call me.
Speaker 3: She does listen to regularly too. Yeah, expect the call.
Speaker 2: We have a quiz at nine to fifteen every morning. Taylor regularly calls in. It's quite as sounding. Actually, she's a bit of a prize.
Speaker 3: She's a speaking Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh, James Bond, thank you so much for your time this morning. We cannot wait to see you down under again. You must love it down here. You were here last year.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I've got so many friends down there from so many previous trips. You know, you live in an amazing, fantastic country and you're a fun bunch of people. And please invite me down there off and I love coming and seeing you.
Speaker 2: Well, You're welcome anytime. We can't wait to see James Bunt. Thank you so much for your time. We appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Heykay, guys see in October.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know now, I need to know. I need to know. I need to know what news today to know.
Speaker 3: This is what you need to know. What you need to know with Jody and Asy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a bit of breaking news this morning. Personal mobile phone devices, I e. A childcare workers personal phone will be banned in a move the state government says will strengthen safety and better protect young children across the state. So the South Australian and Victorian governments are going to be the first ones to do this, hazy. They'll adopt this new national model. And if you don't adhere, if a childcare worker is found with a mobile phone whilst at work, it could be a fifty thousand dollars fine look out. So they are quite serious about it.
Speaker 3: A good thing. This makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: This is obviously on the back of the Hena situation that has played out in Victoria of lates anything to protect the kids, great.
Speaker 3: Yep, spot on. Let's talk about us flying, particularly domestically. There's a new player town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kawhile Airlines are readying for takeoff in a very tough market that is obviously dominated by Quantus in virgin So they plan to launch in late twenty twenty six, entering a domestic market dominated by those two big players. But they're not going to just compete on price alone. So it's going to be a case with we will go to the places that other people don't regularly go to. Hopefully they'll fly direct from Adelaide to Hobart. That'd be nice, Is that the plan?
Speaker 3: I think there is a direct flight to Hobart, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 2: Melbourne really true story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought there was.
Speaker 2: I've got friends and family down there. Man.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about some of the other places that we don't get to as nice that we like to, like, you know, Bendigolquin. There's not a direct flight Wogger as well. You have to go to Sydney then back to Walker.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So hopefully if they do come in, it'll alleviate a situation that we've had in the last week or so where the price hiking, the price gouging has gone on for the AFIL Grand Final weekend where flights from Adelaide and Melbourne went to like one thousand bucks one way.
Speaker 3: How can that be? How can they be legal? Like it just doesn't seem right, does it.
Speaker 2: It's not. It just feels like no one's enforcing the law when it comes to airlines.
Speaker 3: So anyway, right, I wonder when Koala turns up if he gets bullied by the other planes at the airport. Conti in version just tearing up and like, oh, look at this absolute clown.
Speaker 2: I'm just looking at the logo. It's it's yes, a couple of koalas hanging out on the tail. They're not coming in hot and really aggressively, are they.
Speaker 3: Nah, that's true in saying that no one ever called themselves tough calling themself a virgin as well, so that's probably something to think about.
Speaker 2: Well, Hazy. A big day yesterday when James Vlasakas was granted parole after serving twenty sixty years behind bars for his role in the Bodies in the Barrel case. Chief court reporter from The Advertiser Sean Fuster joins us now just to drill down on this because he will become now the only known paroled serial killer in the world. Just extraordinary precedents set right here in South Australia, isn't it?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 7: Jody And look, I wrote a book many years ago called City of Evil, which was about dispelling the myth that the Bodies in the Barrels case had created, which was that South Australia was the murder capital of the country. We've spent years fighting against that. It was so prevalent that it even turned up on the Dexter TV show, they referenced it. But we can't walk away from this one because, as far as the research shows, we are the only city, the only state in the world that is prepared to parole a serial killer.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's we're not claiming it in terms of something that we're going to brag about before we get the nuts and bolts of it, Sewan, Can you just define what a serial killer actually is?
Speaker 7: Sure? So, the definition varies slightly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction around the world, but what most forensic experts and law enforcement agencies agree on is that it's a person who commits at least two, if not three, or more murders over a period of at least a month, if not longer, with cool down periods in between. So it's not someone that commits a crime of passion and kills three people in one hit. That's a mass killer. It's someone who kills, pauses, kills again, pauses, and continues in that pattern.
Speaker 3: So then straight away, when by the definition, you sit there and be like, how can someone like that get prole Do you know what I mean? Like, when someone went so calculated, they've had time to think about what they've done and they've done again anyway.
Speaker 7: And I think part of the reason for it is our parole system and the KPIs, if you will, for how we determine someone is remorseful and contrite for their actions and has insight into their actions has never been tested against a serial killer. I mean, it's never happened anywhere in the world. Nobody's had to sit down and think, Well, if you've committed a crime like this, what's the level of penitence you have to show to qualify as being rehabilitated. What's the level of remorse you have to show to truly convince us that you're ready to go back into society.
Speaker 2: What was his role in these murders? He was groomed, was he not?
Speaker 7: He was groomed? On his account of things. What we've always got to remember when it comes to Lasarcus is that by pleading guilty and turning state's evidence, he made sure that Bunting and Wagner got convicted. That's John Justin Bunting and Robert Joe Wagner. But we only ever heard his version of events, a version of events that is favorable to him, and in the version that we heard. He was groomed, he was manipulated, he was afraid for his own life. He feared that he would be the next victim if he didn't participate. But then you've got to wagh that up against the fact that the only victim who was killed at Snowtown, which is why some people erroneously call it the Snowtown, was lured there by Lesarkus. He drove him from Adelaide to Snowtown with the promise of a new computer.
Speaker 2: Wow, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: That's trust that.
Speaker 2: Obviously he will be released, but with some fairly strict parole conditions. What will they be?
Speaker 7: So the sorts of conditions that you see in these sort of matters are things like a total ban on approaching the victims and their families, total ban on speaking with the media, exclusion zones where they can and cannot go so that the victims aren't going to run into him by accident, a total ban on alcohol, total ban on taking any non prescription drugs. Sometimes there's things like curfews, Sometimes there's things like work restrictions. But all of this has to be considered under the fact that we don't know, and we'll never know what James Losarkus looks like. The suppression order that was put down on his identity all the way back when the trial started is still in force to this day, so nobody can see his face and see what he looks like. Any photos that exist out there on the internet may or may not be correct. So you have this person who will probably spend about twelve months in the pre release center before they start coming into the community, absolutely having anonymity within that community.
Speaker 2: He wants to work. Who's employing him?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: He Francis Nelson, the head of the Broke Board, said that he's aware of the Sarkas. That is, he's aware of the fact that that's going to be a massive challenge. I wonder whether he will be operating under his real name or whether he'll be operating under some kind of assumed name, because you've got to think the moment that somebody says, my name is James Lasarkus, technically that's a breach of the suppression order. I mean, can he be done for breaching his own suppression order? For the rest of us it's a two hundred thousand dollar fine. Are they going to find James Lasarkus for using his own name.
Speaker 2: Well, if anyone can find that out, I'm sure it's you, Sean Fuston. I would back you in any each other week, one more quick question before we go. The Police Commissioner Grant Stevens can appeal within sixty days.
Speaker 7: That's right, so can the Attorney General, so can the Commissioner for Victims' Rights. But in another interesting quirk of South Australian law, they're not allowed to say if they are doing it. They're prohibited by law from announcing publicly whether they're going to do this. So if it does happen, if this secret series or killer who we're not allowed to see has his parole challenged, it's going to be done in.
Speaker 2: Secret, behind closed doors. Well, we do things just a little bit differently here in South Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Sean, before we let you go, can you please tell us space podcast. This stuff is so fascinating.
Speaker 7: So every week on the Nova app you can download Just Lawful. We're in our fifth season. We've run won a bunch of journalism awards for it. Myself and my co host Daniel Ponozzo take cases that I've covered over my twenty five years as a court reporter and we break them down. We talk to the survivors and the victims especially and talk about what their experiences are as they get involved with the criminal justice system that they never asked to be involved with in the first place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are an extraordinary journalist, There's no question about that. And the sheer volume of times I've walked out of court and gone Sean, what just happened? There's extraordinary and he explains it very kindly to me every single time. Sean, thank you so much for coming and breaking that down for.
Speaker 7: Always a pleasure. Thanks guys, thank you