Speaker 1: Ad a lady, ad a lady and a lady A lady unfiltered. Welcome to the show where we give up on life. My names Haylee and I am Lauren.
Speaker 2: We can't give up now. You've got to give up in like ten minutes time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thirty five minutes time. All right?
Speaker 2: Do you know who I want to be? I want to be David Pemberthy, him and his family, David Bowie. David Pembethe revived double As movie to Spain for six months with his family.
Speaker 3: David Pemberthy, it is Pemberthy. It sounds like you're doing the wrong inflection.
Speaker 2: I am the wrong inflection on the wrong salable.
Speaker 1: Is he going to Spain?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just read it.
Speaker 2: Before and I'd love to do that with his wife and the kids. Oh they're just going to have like drinks and food and live.
Speaker 1: Their best and you can do that here. But it's Spain. It's Spain anyway.
Speaker 3: We're unfiltered. We are besties. We're business partners. Where the creators of ad Lady hollow I say, hay loosy Media and we do everything together except bang, start with a shot, don't a pistel.
Speaker 2: I've got a bissol. I can clean the couch. Okay, what you do, You're gonna have a bistle with a five year old?
Speaker 1: God, I need a bistle all right.
Speaker 3: Shopping list today, my friend, as you sip on your coffee that Millie just handed you because you can't move now, I.
Speaker 2: Literally said to Millie, MILLI, can you have me my coffee? It was sitting on that table, But then I thought she could stand there and be like a stand for me.
Speaker 3: That would be you're like the guy in the whale now, not saying you're a whale, but a whale. Frendon Frasier and he sits there and he's so like you're pregnant obviously, and you can't know what it's like to move, but you just cannot move.
Speaker 1: The thought of moving is that you need a crane to lift you up.
Speaker 2: And I'm comfortable, so the thought of moving and they're not being at this comfort level in the next twelve minutes or however long we do this podcast for, yeah, really got to me. So Milly just had him in my coffee. It was really nice.
Speaker 1: That's really nice. Shopping list, shopping list, We've.
Speaker 2: Got a couple of mems, yeah, and then you're gonna talk about I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna talk about Sophia.
Speaker 3: You're little Sophia because you're about to have baby number two, and.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you how much the fear means to me.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I think I might get emotional because I never realized I could love someone that much who I didn't give birth to.
Speaker 2: You're lucky that I'm not emotional at the moment. So you know you're a rock. Yeah, I'm a rock. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why you cried from time to time?
Speaker 2: I know, right, people say that a lot about me. I am cold. And I'm going to talk to you about something I did yesterday with my family and it really it was really lovely, and I'm going to ask you some questions about me emotionally. I like this.
Speaker 1: We're on the couch.
Speaker 2: We're on the couch. I literally want to lie on the couch. I did some deep diving off myself, which I don't like to do. Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: I like, I know, Oh, this is good and we can all use it as a tool for our own life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's start with your men.
Speaker 2: So yesterday I was at my brother's house and we get a call from Mom. She goes, your dad went to get a massage at three o'clock and at six thirty it is not home. Listen to Pod six.
Speaker 1: I think it was when you find out what happens at massages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, my dad is wild. I mean last week we were learning he's doing tai chi. He's all about fitness and keeping up like his appearances. And he gets his nails done. Yeah, he gets his nails in a petty like it's so funny. Anyway, so at six thirty, I'm like, well, where'd he go. Mom's like, he went to Mitcham. He's got his guy and he went at three o'clock. And at six thirty, I'm cooking dinner and I'm worried. I'm like, yeah, And she always whenever she says I'm worried, like now that being pregnant, she goes, I don't mean to put this on you, but I'm worried.
Speaker 1: But I'm worried.
Speaker 2: Well, now I'm worried. To protect me, you're supposed to hop in the car and drive. But anyway, so Alex and I my brother, hopped in the car and we drove to Mitcham and we're driving down. Is it grange?
Speaker 1: Road.
Speaker 2: We're sitting next to KFC and in the distance I saw my dad's car sitting there, the only car in the car park. Where does my brain go?
Speaker 1: This is weird. Yeap, he's he's dead. He's dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we jumped out of the car. Yeah, I parked horizontal a next Adad's car like barely stopped. I almost crashed into his car, and I made Alex look in because I didn't want to look in.
Speaker 1: He thought he was gonna be DoD in the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't know. I'm sorry if you go to a massage at three o'clock and the shopping center shuts at five o'clock doing so, then we looked around the car and started looking around the car park because we're like, he's been mugged or something's happened. And then we're trying to get into the center. We've called it a million times, going to message bank, message bank. I met Now, Okay, so we're checking in all the doors, can't get into Mitcham. We've checked around, and then I call Burgo, my partner, and he's like, you need to call security. We need to get in there. We need to check bathrooms. So we're having a panic. We've called all my other brothers. By all my other brothers, I mean too yeah, because it's four of us. Yea, is he have you heard from him? Nothing? Calling mom? Still stressed. Then my phone rings. I'm at the door. I'm at the door. You know where Walla. I'm just at the door, about to run in start checking bathrooms. It's dad. Ah, Oh, my phone died.
Speaker 1: What excuse me?
Speaker 2: Ah? I mean you're getting a massage deal? Oh? I say, hello, what? What's six thirty at night? Why is he still getting a message? Because whatever his name is, the guy had to like tend to someone else and do something else. And by the time he started, it was like ten to five, and I've got nott similar Why are you here? Why are you stressed?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: My god? And I, Alex and I are looking Dad what And he goes, what are you doing? And we're like are you? Are you joking? But also they kick you out at five third They're done. Nah, Dad's supreme gold gold customer. I think is that they kept going working on his night. Cheat.
Speaker 1: This is cheap cheat.
Speaker 2: And then he goes, I have to go. Your Mum's cooked me the dinner and Alex and I are still looking at him blankly, going, do you understand? Like my heart when I saw his car, we're morbid. We've always had morbid brains.
Speaker 1: Only car in the car park, only.
Speaker 2: Car sitting under a spotlight. It was like something you see in a movie. And I was like, Alex, he goes, don't say it, Do not say it to me. So we've had a full panic attack. My heart was in my mouth, and then I've never been more excited to hear my dad's voice, but also like I wanted to punch him, but hug him. It was a lot of emotions.
Speaker 3: I would have called the TA. Wouldn't you just be at the pub next door? That's the first place I would.
Speaker 2: Bet on horses having a beer in his best life. No, I just, oh my gosh, I've never been. And we just hugged him and hugged him, and he goes, oh, how's work, how's that lady? How's Oh my, we're about to pass it. I'm about to go into labor, are you. Oh well, I gotta go. I wonder what your mom's cook for dinner.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So that was last night. It's the fault, you know, how you brought up the Sandwich Generation a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: That's that, Like, you're worrying about your parents at the same time your four year olds are five year olds at home. Yeah, having a tantrum like fight.
Speaker 1: You're in the middle it.
Speaker 2: And Alex and I just drove home in silence. He goes, I thought that was that was it, And I was like same. I was really scared that we love our parents. Hey, you and I are so close to our parents, and the fact that my dad is just so oblivious. I love him more than anything. But it was literally like, why are you here? Because Dad, all your family have called you like twenty seven times that we were about to call that.
Speaker 1: It's been three and a half hours since your message was meant to.
Speaker 2: Because it takes Dad three and a half hours to have an hour massage because he's so slow.
Speaker 1: That is just so freaking funny.
Speaker 3: Dino time. I've traveled overseas with Dino. He's on Dino time, Like surprisingly for a man that's quite like slow to get around. Buffet Breakfast. He was the first there every morning. Oh god, at seven o'clock in the morning, we are run up. At nine it's only six feet of bacon and coffee where bacon's involved. Don't get the way. Oh that's funny. Okay, I'm so glad that he is, okay, because I love him.
Speaker 1: He's like, oh you're dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was that was a lot.
Speaker 1: That is a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay. Funnily enough, my mem is also on my parents. This is okay, this that's the theme of today. Then it's our parents, it's our parents.
Speaker 2: It's our families.
Speaker 3: Oh it's a different kind of gear though, talking about what we're talking talking.
Speaker 2: We're about my dad having message massages, and we're talking about your dad banging.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's so gross. Okay, I have an issue with this.
Speaker 1: My mom and dad. I love that they love each other.
Speaker 3: They they have been married for fifty something years, and Dad will still say, oh, look how hot your mom looks right now, Look how beautiful she is, And we'll walk in somewhere, and she is, she's beautiful. Studying He sees her as the moment he fell in love with her. He sees her as a twenty one year old and like he loved her so much, and gets threatened by other men as well. Still, oh, he thinks other people are looking at her. Of course he does, because she's the most beautiful in the room.
Speaker 2: My god, I love the way.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So Dad also is not a normal dad, which I'm very grateful for. He is very open about everything. He's like he's like a mom like I can talk to him about anything.
Speaker 1: Right. So the other day we were at soccer.
Speaker 3: We all went to watch my son and son play soccer, and then we all I went to work. They went home and he was meant to cut my mom's hair in the afternoon, because you know, when you're retired, you have one thing during the day.
Speaker 1: I have one.
Speaker 2: Appointment going to the optometry.
Speaker 1: What else are you doing? That's half an hour? What else? How else are you? What else are you doing for the rest of the day day? So I said to him, Mom, the next day, so do you get your haircut?
Speaker 3: No? And then Dad, because they when I talked to them on the phone, that's always together.
Speaker 1: They're like the Sidefeld parents.
Speaker 2: One phone in my phone it's Wayne and Rosa.
Speaker 3: Yeah and no even this morning you call them and white White, I've got to put your mother on speakers.
Speaker 1: You'll get annoyed at me. All right, Then Mom's.
Speaker 3: Hi, and they're both Anyway, I said, so what did you do after soccer? Did you cut mom's hair? And he's like, oh, wouldn't you want to know? And my mom's silent. At this point, I'm like, Dad, why with the weird inflection, I just said, did you cut mom's hair?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, no, we were too tired. If you know what, I know what I'm talking about, if you knew what we were doing.
Speaker 3: And then Mom's like, ohh Wayne, don't she doesn't need to know that. And then and then Mom goes he's just joking and goes, no, I'm not. I'm like, I love that you love each other, but I don't want to know no about you.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know that you're having sex during the day as well. Why are you having sex during the day. I can't wait to be retired and have like a twelve o'clock back. We have to wait until we're tired until eight o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: But then it gets worse because I put this on social media as a video because I was so traumatized by it, and then Dad decided to inbox you.
Speaker 2: Oh I've got that.
Speaker 1: I got a message, and this makes it so much worse.
Speaker 2: But you know what I love, he knows that he's messaging me, because I was kind of like, are you messaging Hailey? Or because I didn't know whether he knew what he was messaging. He was on the unfiltered he was on the unfiltered page. Where's Wayne? So you did a video on it? And he goes, ha ha, Haley, how do you think you got here? An immacular conception? Love you low? So I replied, I saw it pop up like him, Wayne, it's Lauren, You're so funny.
Speaker 1: To which Wayne encourage him.
Speaker 2: I just was expected like a love heartbag. But I get hi, lovely Lauren. It's so funny. When your parents talk about still having sex, their kids always say how disgusting. Funnily enough, the pleasure of intimacy and the love for each other is not just for the young to enjoy. It keeps on going until it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Ah, pleasure.
Speaker 2: He used the word he used to pleasure, and I just went I went, okay, bye Wayne, Bye see let Wayne? Yeah, Dad, that's too much. I didn't know what to say. What am I gonna say? Well, keep on pleasure, have fun, Wayne, have a great week.
Speaker 1: Oh god, See, everybody is cringing in here right. Nobody wants to know that it's so nice that they love each other.
Speaker 2: But I don't want to know that.
Speaker 3: Don't tell you, and don't tell my friends, and use the word intimacy and pleasure.
Speaker 2: But it was very like thought out, like it was a lovely message, like he was nice about it, love.
Speaker 1: That you didn't even like it, you were just like I just.
Speaker 2: Saw it and then put my phone in the bin and then went to sleep. No, And we've all got a memory of catching our parents and it literally sticks with you for life.
Speaker 1: Tell me about the moment you caught your pis.
Speaker 2: I've never seen a man. I've never seen a man fly through the air quicker dad, like Superman through the air. And then was like this, didn't you walk.
Speaker 1: Into go and get breakfast or something? I wear my eggs.
Speaker 2: I've always been demanding, see you think it's a thing now, ten year old? Wrong?
Speaker 1: Money? What you just want?
Speaker 3: I want to your Dad's like I'm already like a pancake on your mum.
Speaker 2: Stop. Stop. It's funny when it's your dad, but it's not funny when.
Speaker 4: It's Oh, you don't want to know about your dad. Okay, there's a rule we won't talk about that. We don't talk about parents bagging. But then the funny thing is they would feel the same about us. Like I swear to God, my dad protective. You were in virginal until I was like, I'm pregnant, and I remember his face. He just looked at me, yeah, and looked at my belly and I could see his little clocks.
Speaker 2: Going, holy shit, I a thirty year old. No, I'm thirty two, has had sex.
Speaker 1: Our dads are so protective, and that's how protect.
Speaker 3: How I get him back, I just say, well, you know that your daughter also does that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that kills him.
Speaker 2: So I never forget Berger coming because I was living at home at the time. I'd move back home and I was thirty and Bergio had his little suitcase and walked through the kitchen and Dad just goes, you fucking thinks, so do you? And Berger like and yeah, and it just like runs into my room. Everybody.
Speaker 3: Jimmy was the first person that was allowed to sleep in my room, and I was twenty one before that. We had to have chairs if we were to go anywhere in my room, we had to have chairs with the door open, so if anyone will pass, we could Who's gonna sit on his loundroom dining room chair and your bedroom.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all right, enough of that, enough of our parents, We love you, love you. No more banging talk about our parents.
Speaker 3: Let's go into your big session. This is a therapy session for everyone, right, This.
Speaker 2: Is a bit of a therapy session because I think in our busy lives, with our phones, we forget to just stop and just think about our mental health. And our mental health is so important to us, and we just keep going, especially with kids, kids, family, partners, work, everything's going. And then I find, especially at the end of the day, I've got nothing left. And what Burge and I will do is we'll scroll. You sit in bed and you scroll in your phone. And I just I think that needs to change. I just it's not a healthy way of life. But we're all in this trap. We've got our phones next to our bed, We've got our phones in the kitchen, wherever we are, we've got our phone.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So yesterday all of my family were kind of sitting around and we were talking, and Bergo just said, why don't we do something where we write down five things we want to stop and five things we want to start. And I was like, all right, Oprah, can't be.
Speaker 3: Bother and I don't think of anything. My brain is blavy. No, like I can't think of anything.
Speaker 1: I want to know me either.
Speaker 2: I was like five. I was like, give me some ideas. Okay, I want to read your mind. They might be silly, that's okay, Okay. So the five things I want to stop is not being present, putting things before family, not putting Lauren as a priority, not eating well and drinking enough water, and feeling anxious about things you can't control.
Speaker 1: I e.
Speaker 2: Wars, taxes in Afghanistan because I viral.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I look at these beautiful little girls overseas and I look at kids, and I look at wars and it physically.
Speaker 1: I know you do.
Speaker 3: You will send me stuff and I blocked that stuff because I can't let it.
Speaker 2: I can't change it.
Speaker 1: So painful.
Speaker 3: No, it's good to know that it exists, but not when it affects your own mental health. Here, there's nothing you can do about it. No, and in your own shit going on? Okay, let's start form number one again.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: Not being present?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is a hard one because when you run a business, your brain is constantly ticking over and when you're having conversations with people. I'm guilty of this one hundred percent. So if I'm thinking of other things, if.
Speaker 2: I'm playing Barbies, yeah, I'm sitting there, Like last night, I'm sitting there playing with Sofia, and I go, oh, Long's tables coming up two weeks seating plan. Actually, I think I'm going to change this person to this person, and this table to this table, and I actually need to message this table about this and and the live auction. I had the live auction in my head. Also, Fia wants me to do is play Barbies in that ten minutes of time I'm thinking about.
Speaker 1: It's really hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you stop?
Speaker 1: How you stop that?
Speaker 3: I think you just have to physically say stop thinking about that and actually try and pretend that I'm a Barbie and I'm in a Barbie dream world.
Speaker 2: She just wants me to put the shoes on the Barbie and the dresses, and she goes, this is Emily, this is Emily's pram, and this is why can't I.
Speaker 1: Just in this beautiful innocent world.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just want to be swept away in her little.
Speaker 3: I think most parents don't like the playing part of being a parent, like the imaginative play. I wish we did, And it's only because we've got so much other stuff rattling around in our brain that we don't have room to go. Okay, I'm just gonna do make believe right.
Speaker 1: Now, I know, but you're sure sad. Yeah, so try and hold yourself to that.
Speaker 2: Do you do that with your kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Of course?
Speaker 2: Oh ah, like af he loves Lego. Can you sit there and do Lego or just draw with him? Or do you get Yeah?
Speaker 3: I want him to draw because that's my escapism. I love that stuff. I can escape with that stuff. But when it's playing, like with like figurines and stuff, I'm the same. My brain is always thinking of other things.
Speaker 1: I do it all the time. My husband will be.
Speaker 3: Having conversation with me and I'm trying to focus on what he's saying, but I'm thinking about a million other things and they're.
Speaker 1: Being presently something different.
Speaker 3: Do you know what it is as well? It's putting your phone away. Yeah, and we did it. We went away the other week to borosso it was so nice and I put my phone. I left my phone away while we were having dinner and so when we were talking, I was just I was present.
Speaker 1: I wasn't thinking about anything else.
Speaker 3: I think when that's there, it's this weird temptation of like, oh, have I got a message. I need to do that, I need to write back to that person.
Speaker 1: It's just there.
Speaker 3: So maybe when you do play Barbies, leave your phone out.
Speaker 1: What's the second thing on your list?
Speaker 2: So the second thing was putting things before family, So I don't want to choose anything. Yeah, I always want family to come first, like I want Sophia Burgo my family to be first, which I'm getting better at.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the hard thing as well.
Speaker 3: Another thing about having your own business, there's so many perks of having your own business, but there's so much any negative things is that when you have your own business, you do have to and not even just when you're having any business, it's when you're you know, you love and there's nothing wrong with loving a career and loving what you're doing. There is sometimes you have to sacrifice things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we sacrifice so much at the beginning, like so many events and things as we were building. And now my biggest thing is like I will say no to something if it means looking in Sophia's eyes and saying I can't be with you, which I get now you used to get more.
Speaker 3: Can I can I tell you something that is and this is nothing against you, but it is something.
Speaker 1: That I really regret. And it's before you had kids, so you didn't realize. So we were.
Speaker 3: It was Austin's first sports day and you were going to go and host this thing at another school, but then you booked a ticket to go to America to see Burgo. It was the last minute thing, and so you said, I can't do this thing. You have to go and host this is Standford thing. And I said, oh, it's Austin's sports day and you said, oh, we don't want to let them down like you have to do it.
Speaker 1: And so I left.
Speaker 3: I went to Austin' sports day for a bit and then I left and I went to this thing. I sat there and I was at this other school and I was looking at these other kids on stage, and all I wanted to do was be at the sports day.
Speaker 1: And it's my biggest regret.
Speaker 3: And that's the one thing when when you're with people who don't have kids, that don't understand, they don't understand what you're missing out on And I always think of that as well. Now and I will say no, no, I'm going to go and watch this.
Speaker 1: I need. You need to say no to things you.
Speaker 2: Don't know until you have kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You Honestly, it is really hard to understand and fathom because in my head I would have been like, mate, you've got twelve sports day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but you didn't get it.
Speaker 2: It was just I didn't get it, and you would have been like, are you joking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I just was like, yeah, I didn't want to let anyone down, so I was like, Okay, I'll do that, but I regret doing that.
Speaker 1: I wish I didn't do that.
Speaker 2: If I tried to do that to you now you're a different person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, i'd say nup. Sorry.
Speaker 2: That comes with age being stronger. Yeah, both parties that you've always said. When you hit forty, you were, Yeah, you were a lot better at saying no. I think of thirty year old Hailey like in radio, can you do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's the thing. No.
Speaker 3: One who's really really successful in life, if you, and it depends how you measure success, but someone that's doing really well at their job, they've all had to sacrifice stuff. You have to say yes to everything to get where they are. So you just got to work out what you want to sacrifice, what's worth missing out on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And at the beginning of starting a business there is a lot of sacrificing and then you can start to kind of slow down a little bit with that sacrificing stuff, especially on the weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh so totally. That's why don't do weekends. Weekends the kids, that's my family time.
Speaker 2: But that could also be Wednesday day, could be Wednesday sport, like, that's my non negotiable or whatever. You just got to work out what you're.
Speaker 3: It's also like, that's why when you go to swimming, I'm like, go to swimming, don't miss it.
Speaker 1: Don't miss out on that.
Speaker 2: Because their little face looks up when she does something, and then you won't do swimming forever, and then you'll miss it not being there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Not putting Lauren as a priority.
Speaker 1: You don't. You never put your na ever.
Speaker 2: But no name, mom's a duke. I'm sorry. If Sofia is sick, doctor, dentist, whatever I need to do, I'm making that appointment. She's going, what do we do? You and I are literally on our deathbeds and we're like.
Speaker 1: Let's talk me about your iron tablets. Have you got them yet?
Speaker 3: You haven't, Luren, No, you always put yourself last. If that was so fear that needed iron tablets, what would you be doing or Burgo?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or me guys, I'm a mnemic and I've known for three weeks through pregnancy and haven't got my tablet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I was going to bring you my tablets, but I didn't know if they were pregnancy safe ones.
Speaker 1: You have to go there today.
Speaker 2: I know, but I just I just go.
Speaker 1: But it's you have a baby in you, I know.
Speaker 2: So that's one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I don't I think you're going to struggle with that one because I think that's a normal Nate thing to to never really put.
Speaker 2: Yourself, especially now a baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you baby comes fair. Yeah, thing like that.
Speaker 2: That's why we won't stop not eating well and drinking more water. That's that's just been at the moment. Some days I just want to eat lollies.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's okay, Well are you going to do that? Start that from when you have the baby.
Speaker 2: I just want to be a bit better. Like I've been eating.
Speaker 1: I'm really really good.
Speaker 2: But when say, before I was pregnant, if I want to eat the lollies and the chocolate, so I was stopping. But whereas now I'm like eating for two. Like I've just got this mentality like Twitter, go to Yoche and I couldn't eating for.
Speaker 1: But you haven't put it anyway.
Speaker 3: Your mom came over the other day with like all these bakers like scones, Oh my god, they're my favorite, the lemon and white chocolate ones, and the blueberry and white chocolate and the chocolate and the day.
Speaker 2: And I was like, Mum, I could have I think I had three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I last. It's like hot chips. That's the one thing I start. I cannot stop.
Speaker 2: Cannot stop hot chips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sounds like that.
Speaker 2: No, And then you know me, I have half, and then I have another half, and then I have another half and then another half. And you don't have any halfs about it. It's actually my dad's trick.
Speaker 1: He doesn't You do it all the time.
Speaker 2: If you take half and then people go, oh, he's watching his mate. You take another half, You take another half. You've had one and a half, but no one knows. I see you do that all the time. I know because I'm like, because body will go into the bread and there's like a half a piece ripped. He goes, I do that too, Why would you rip half a piece? I'm like one and a half when I was having a half because you know, I just don't really eat a lot. You know, it's half piece of bread. That was my lunches sandwhich half feets of bread? He goes, did you have three and a half or four and a half? But what did you have my just half?
Speaker 1: You never had a half, never half, because you've still before.
Speaker 2: Thing I need to stop is the feeling anxious. Everyone I'm talking to at the moment is feeling anxious.
Speaker 1: Is because of everything in the world, everything from.
Speaker 2: Like politics to wars, to budgets to everything.
Speaker 3: Where you bring back your nonomacing and bring it back to basics and go, Okay, I'm just gonna look around and think how grateful I am for everything that I have. I have a beautiful house, I have healthy kids, My parents are okay, Burgo is great.
Speaker 1: I have a job that I love. Think of all the good things.
Speaker 2: But it's it's everything that's out of control. So my whole thing that we were talking about yessay as a family is you can only control your immediate family. So I need to make sure that I'm there for my kid. Yeah, everything is safe and healthy. And I'm doing that because I can't actually, but it's really hard to stop yourself when you get into that spiraling on social media and everything. You see all this stuff, and it's very hard for me to just put it away. I really struggle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So you you love politics, So if you're reading about what's going on in the world at the moment with politics, I imagine that that seeps into you because you won't be able to stop no going down that rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: Yes, I get very angry.
Speaker 1: About lies and things like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people laying to the people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 2: I am already stressed out by it. Especially I already get small business when it's going to affect us, Like everyone's trying to do their best, So you can't control it anyway. So I'll go to start.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are you going to start?
Speaker 2: What's the one thing that you do when you're to make yourself happy.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to say singing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, years you paint. I need to sing, so they need to do it. Yeah, I haven't done it for thirteen years.
Speaker 1: What's something else?
Speaker 2: Seeing the joy in the little things? Because sometimes you and I are culprits. I put you in like your my brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I see the joy and little things. I'm at that stage.
Speaker 3: But I also think that's an age thing because I didn't see it when I was my thirties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I also like, when do we ever celebrate the winds?
Speaker 1: We never do, never.
Speaker 3: But that's also the That's also why I think we've worked, because we just keep moving on on and wanting like we never feeling to never go.
Speaker 2: No, like nothing's ever enough. We've got to keep moving, got to keep going. There's no time to stop, right. But it's it's also in personal life. In work life, it's driving You ever want to be settled in work life because then you become stagnant. But in personal life.
Speaker 1: I think you're getting better at that.
Speaker 3: You're you're you're so more grounded and you're grateful with what you have. Now you think you're better at that. You see the joy in of you Burgo and Sophia now just.
Speaker 2: Walking and being Yeah, but I really want to put an emphasis on that, yeah, and emphasis and emphasis on the other syllable. Put phone in another room from five to seven, I started doing it. Stop, Okay, having a phone.
Speaker 1: Ban in bed.
Speaker 2: Beds are for one thing. I won't do that.
Speaker 3: That's your favorite thing is scrolling in bed. It's my favorite thing too. It's a relaxing thing. You shouldn't though, I know, but like I love it.
Speaker 2: I just shouldn't have your phone next to your brain in your back.
Speaker 1: We've started with the kids.
Speaker 3: We charge all their stuff out of their room now, but I still charge my phone below my bed.
Speaker 1: I know it's supposed.
Speaker 2: To be like a minimum a meter away. It needs to be away from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but will you do it?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's written down. We're having it. We're having another family meeting of four weeks to check in on our Oh that's really good.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: And they were only little. Like my mom's was like, stop eating sugar, stop beating chocolate. I'm my mum. That is the same thing she goes. But I need to write it twice so I really get it into me.
Speaker 3: But also, if you put it out there in the world, then you're accountable for it.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is like just a nice family thing of keeping each other accountable. And then my number four was make more time to be with Burgo coffee walks and slowing down.
Speaker 3: Was five, just which you will now because you're about to have a baby and.
Speaker 2: And I can't walk so I'm slow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll be here wheeling you around in some form of card.
Speaker 2: Grapes into my mouth, like what did you call me before? Brendan Fraser from the Whale, just pushing me around, rolling me out like he will get a stick so you can proden me out of bed. No, this is when you've.
Speaker 3: Had the baby, because you're having a c section, so you won't be able to do much walking.
Speaker 1: No, do you know?
Speaker 2: So when this podcast airs, I've got three eggs?
Speaker 1: Yeah I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if I'm ready for it or maybe I am. I just wanted to hurry up and happen, and then you come back three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's crazy. I'm so excited. I can't to ask you.
Speaker 2: Is anything you want to stop in your life? Is there anything that's getting to you that I need to hold you accountable for?
Speaker 3: Or I want to I've started exercising, but not enough. I want to do more. I want to do more weights and I want to I keep putting that off because I know it makes you feel really good.
Speaker 2: So stop putting off exercising and waits for your health.
Speaker 3: I'm doing, I'm doing, I'm exercising, but I want to do more weights. I want to make myself do it every single day and be stronger, Be stronger, stronger, that's all I want. I don't want it to lose weight. I just want to be It's a feeling and I want to feel stronger. Yeah, like that feeling when I was doing pilarates all the time.
Speaker 1: I love that feeling. There's no better feeling.
Speaker 2: I haven't had that feeling since pre Sophia five years because I'm scared of Do you ever get scared of not being the strength you were? So if you went back now to the polarates that you were doing and you couldn't do what you feel?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you know what I do in the shower?
Speaker 3: Well, I do fifty squats in every shower like I do thirty and then I have a little break and then I do twenty more in the shower and I have to do it.
Speaker 1: It's an OCD thing. Before I get out.
Speaker 3: So it's one thing that I do like if I go, I'm trying to build.
Speaker 1: Up more muscle in my legs. I want my legs to be really.
Speaker 2: Just imagining you like nude, show me to show.
Speaker 1: You I got like this.
Speaker 3: I go full full nude, and then I go like all the way down, all the way out, one all the way down.
Speaker 2: I'm hearing your knees cross my knees, am.
Speaker 1: I hip.
Speaker 2: Ah, Oh my gosh, Okay, be stronger. What the things you want to start doing?
Speaker 1: We're still going on this.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't know. You be put on the spot. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have to think about my list. I'll digest yours.
Speaker 2: Okay, everyone at home, do it. It's really good for your brain that or you want to stop what you want to start and just actually writing it down and.
Speaker 3: Writing it down physically. You've written down in a paper. And so we've left them all together. They're all sitting there, and then in four weeks, just before I have bubbs, we're checking in. That's really good. Okay, I'll hold you accountable as well. All right, I want to talk about this is very insul of this podcast, but I want to talk about Sophia. You're a little baby girl who's just turned five. And I feel emotional talking about it because I know a lot of friends like you know, you love your friends kids and you do, you really care about them. But there's something about Sophia that I just love so much.
Speaker 2: You've had a past life connection with that.
Speaker 3: I've had a weird past life connection with her, and she loves you, and I don't know what it is. I just I think before you had her, I'm a boy mum, and and in like take no offense to this, but I never thought that I would connect with a girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I think I'm just used to boys. I love my boys. And then she came along, and I just.
Speaker 3: I think because I've you've probably had a lot of ups and downs over the last couple of years, and I feel like I've I have this real closeness to her that I just I just love her.
Speaker 1: I love her so much.
Speaker 3: And I'm an I guess I'm an auntie to ten other kids or nine other kids, and I love them all. They're amazing, beautiful. I'm so proud of them all. But because I don't have a my brother passed away, I don't have any blood related, like I'm not anyone's actual auntie. But that makes me sad, and I feel like so Fear is my blood even though she's like so far removed, but.
Speaker 2: I see you as my sister. Oh so you are, You're not far removed. Who was our family for her birthday? It's all of my family and you and Jimmy and the boys, because you're our family.
Speaker 1: I love that that.
Speaker 3: Every time so He has a birthday, you have your friend party, and then you have your family party, and my family rocks up to your family party.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 3: She's family and I really care about her so much, and so I've written her a little letter.
Speaker 1: Before oh no, before baby two comes. I just wanted to Oh God, it's going to be such a change for her.
Speaker 3: Ah, Okay, are you ready, I'm gonna read a little letter so that my little baby's Sofia. Because a psychic said to us once that Sophia in a past life, I had two children and Sophia was one of them, and I died, And so that's why Sophia always clings on to me because she doesn't want me to go. So whenever I it's a weird hug thing like when Sofia hugs me, it's like, you know, when you feel.
Speaker 1: That heart to heart connection, you feel that love.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you remember that night at the park side She was like clung to you like a koala, and she goes, Mom, I just want to live with Auntie Haley and you and Dad could come and visit.
Speaker 1: I was like, I love that you can come visit. I just yeah, I love her.
Speaker 3: I love that she's a mixture of you and Burjo. Okay, ready, this is a little alert as being an honorary auntie, because being an auntie is I think so spelal. And it also shows that you don't have to really blood related to love someone that much, do you, Sophia, Before your little baby sister arrives, there are a few things I want you to know.
Speaker 1: Huh you see?
Speaker 3: Ah God, oh stop say something funny that I'll laugh hate us.
Speaker 1: You see.
Speaker 3: I never imagined that I could love another child so much that I didn't actually give birth to. But then there was you. You came along and my heart exploded. I love your freckles, I love your big cloud cheeks. I love that when I say something exciting, your little face lights up. Your eyes twinkle and you freeze and you gasp, and then you break into this little smile with cheeky side eyes. You've always done that. I love that you sit at my kitchen bench and you tell me about your boyfriend and all the important things that are happening in your little world. But more than anything so fair, I love your hugs. When you hug me, I feel it. You're like a clip on koala. They're the most meaningful hugs. Every time you run over to me and you wrap your arms around me, I know you feel safe, and that means everything. The moment I knew we had a real connection was at your mum's house and you were about one. You had this massive tantrum, tears everything. Lauren came in and scooped you up, and as she carried you away down the hallway, you looked back at me and smiled like an evil little dictator.
Speaker 1: You knew that I was in on it.
Speaker 3: It was you and I versus your mom, Sophia. Soon your world is going to get a little bigger. There's going to be another little, tiny person to love, another little hand to hold, and things will be different, And sometimes change can feel a bit funny, but I need you to know this. Nothing can ever change how loved you are by your mom, your dad, your Pa, your granny, anny, your nana, your nana and me and all your aunties and uncles. You will always be the little girl with freckles and cloud cheeks who stole a piece of my heart without even trying.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: So lucky to have you. Thank you for letting me be your honorary aunt. I love you.
Speaker 2: Oh I'd get a talking by can't.
Speaker 1: No, and I just can't and I have no excuse. Love your little baby, and I'm gonna love your new baby just as much.
Speaker 2: Sophie. So lucky to have you and I get to have her, hopefully the night before and the night before we have bubbs. She literally says that most days in the car, so I'm going Auntie, Haley's right because she lets me stap all night. I'm like, does she she is the boss when she's in my head, she's the bossy you do, That's be honest.
Speaker 1: She's so funny.
Speaker 2: Do you remember me saying to you when we started ade lady and there was Alfie kme everywhere, And I said to you, what if I because I loved Alphie more than anything. What if I can't love my own I couldn't comprehend because I loved him so much.
Speaker 3: Do you know what you and Burgo were about to experience? When you love your first child so much you cannot imagine another child and loving them just as much. But then they come into the world and you will never imagine life without them. You will go I don't even remember those years when it was the three of us.
Speaker 1: It's like, now we're complete, We've got the four of us. This is our family.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so weird how your heart just doubles when you meet the new one.
Speaker 1: But Sophia will always be this special little thin She was the first grandchild as well, wasn't she.
Speaker 2: She's like the first She saved She saved us. She bought so much love. She didn't even realize what she was doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's really nice anyway.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry for the tears. Sometimes you get podcasts with tears and sometimes you get them with laughs.
Speaker 2: Last week is a little bit of man.
Speaker 1: Last week was just we were off the rails.
Speaker 2: Oh that was a lot. I thought Millie was going to fire us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so but we're back.
Speaker 2: We got written warnings, but we're back now, we've learn.
Speaker 1: And we're getting the wrap up because we've been talking to.
Speaker 2: That and Millie. Please make sure you leave a review on Spotify or Apple.
Speaker 1: It would be really nice.
Speaker 2: Last week we said not to and that was another strongly worded email.
Speaker 3: We got into trouble. Yeah, so please like, do a five star review. That really lovely?
Speaker 2: All right, gotta god love you