Speaker 1: You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clinty as well, guys, I said Tod later, at least halfway there.
Speaker 2: Well, let's do it because there's so many hawkers on the road this morning, including the Watson family. We've got the mum of Nick the Wizard Watson joining us this morning. Laurie Watson, missus Wizard. To you, missus Wizard, good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 4: How are you all?
Speaker 1: Now? Where are you? Lorry?
Speaker 4: Where a nil?
Speaker 3: Nil?
Speaker 4: So Laurie put a cafe for some coffee.
Speaker 3: You're doing the long drive from Melbourne to Adelaide? Now is this by choice or because you couldn't get a flight?
Speaker 4: A bit by choice? We could have got a flight if we were prepared to extend our mortgage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's crazy. You didn't hit You didn't hit the wizard up and say come on son, you've had a good few years. Put your hand in your pocket for mum.
Speaker 4: No, we didn't bother with that because the aider probably would have been No.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, who's who's in the in the traveling team?
Speaker 1: Who have you got in the car with you?
Speaker 4: So I've got my husband Dave, and my oldest son Brad and his girlfriend Lucy and another friend Scott.
Speaker 3: What sort of car are we packing?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How much room is there?
Speaker 4: We're in the Nevara, but it's still a bit tight, bit of a tight squeeze. Everyone else except myself quite tall, so I get to shit behind Dave in his seat, so because I don't need the leg room.
Speaker 1: Apparently enjoying now?
Speaker 4: Is your son?
Speaker 3: Does he Barracks for Collingwood?
Speaker 4: Yes, we all Barrick. Well, ye, apparently we all go Barrick for Collingwood now, but yes, we all grew up Collingwood.
Speaker 1: Laurie, it's Jase here. You must be so bloody proud of your boy. What a season he's had.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's well, he's living his best dream, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: What what wal could you ask for? That? That was his dream? And we always just said yes, yes, Nick, that's what you'll do. And here he is.
Speaker 1: We've gotten to know him quite well over the year. He's been coming in every weekend. Seems we love him. He just seems like a good lad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look he is. He's he tells it as it is. He's definitely what you see is what you get off the field.
Speaker 2: Ye, sorry, Laurie, have you packed your wizard hats. That's the first part of the question.
Speaker 1: Second question is missus wizard wearing a wizard? How does the nickname sit with you? Do you love it?
Speaker 4: I haven't packed a hat because he would kill me if I wore a hat. And someone did say to me, you need to wear it if you're getting FaceTime interview, and I said.
Speaker 3: No, Florie. What is the vibe at the club? Like, are the parents a close knit community? Do the Hawks moms and dads and families will hang out together? And how's everyone feeling?
Speaker 4: It's really good. Look, we couldn't have thanks for more of a positive experience as far as but being introduced to the AFL. The Hawks family is definitely a family club and we really feel part of the group. We were all catching up before the game. We do most games, and we have dinners throughout the years, so we've actually got to know all families really well, which is great.
Speaker 1: Just quickly back to Clint's question, how does the wizard nickname sit with you?
Speaker 4: Look, it's fine, it's not what we know him as We have a laugh about it and call to me. We did say to Count when he introduced it that he should patent the name because he has definitely got it on a roll. We just roll with the punches as Nick has, which I think is really good, has embraced it. We know him as what or bullool is what most of his mates call him.
Speaker 1: Just like just a hard man.
Speaker 4: Hard man on the field, that's what to call him.
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Or does he only play football? And when he's not on the field he plays PlayStation like that is literally his life.
Speaker 4: That is literally his life. They're trying to find something else for him to do. And he did say to me about a month ago he was going to purchase the dog. I said, no, you're not. He said, well, mum, you don't actually have a stay because I live at a home. I said, well, who's looking after the dog when you're not around?
Speaker 2: You are lur really quite close to Nick Glory, So I'll babysit the dock.
Speaker 1: Someone's looking after yours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, actually okay, So you're heading to you're heading to Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 1: Now Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: The last time the Hawk well that the Hawthorne Final last year against Port Adelaide got a little bit willing. So what sort of atmosphere are you expecting over there because they can get a bit fair all the old South Australian.
Speaker 4: Yes, I'm hoping it's a little bit better than the Port Adelaide crowd last the Adelaide Yeah, that was that was definitely an eye opener for us. So yeah, and we've actually got someone that's fairly close to the family that plays for Adelaide. So oh a bit bit's all one of both brand and Nick's really good mate, Jakes the Lego plays for Adelaide. So we're all a little bit sort of like should we wish in luck?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Probably not, Laurie.
Speaker 1: Just before we let you go, I thought, last thirty seconds, let's get to know Nick a little bit better, some rapid fire questions. You ready for this?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know all right?
Speaker 1: His favorite food used to cook.
Speaker 4: For him, probably pasta.
Speaker 1: What actually stopped wetting the bed?
Speaker 4: He was good, Actually, he was pretty good. I think he was added Nappy's at three.
Speaker 1: It's not bad. Was he allowed girl sleeping over's all a.
Speaker 4: Lot later, right, he's only really had one which is the current?
Speaker 1: Right? What you like your proved mum?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's lovely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, might say brown now night?
Speaker 4: Oh we could do. Yes, she she plays as well.
Speaker 1: So does he have a call to borrow money?
Speaker 4: Yes, all the time, and I have a log book.
Speaker 1: I love that. Well, that big contract's coming, so you make sure you keep that long he'll pay it back. One well, and truly do you do you still do his washing? No? All right? And final one? What did he get you for your last birthday?
Speaker 3: Nothing good on your wiz, Hey, Laurie, just before we let you go, you're a split family. You barck for the Hawks, but you sort of haven't quite admitted that you don't barrack for Collingwood. What happens if it's Collingwood the Hawks on Grand Final day?
Speaker 4: I don't even know. Dave has already said please, God, don't do that to me. And we're not religious.
Speaker 3: You'll be happy either way.
Speaker 4: Then you get a win, win, win.
Speaker 1: Laurie, take it easy on the ride to have a safe trip to Adelaide. We love your boy, the family and good luck tonight.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thanks guys, go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're proud of him. We're like proud parents.
Speaker 4: I'm doing well.
Speaker 1: Thank you for money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, next time we talk to him. We've got a few items on the.
Speaker 1: Who is this mystery?
Speaker 3: Football playing girlfriend. B. Stop calling your mum and asking for money and see buyer a ticket next time you don't make the family drive.
Speaker 1: That is a Missus Wizard Laurie Nick Watson's mom joined us on the air at night of It Coming Out. Missus Your chance to when you wad to our Grand Final breakfast
Speaker 3: Lauren l wake up feeling good following them on the socials