Speaker 1: Go get you morning every day, every lady, gentleman adelaides.
Speaker 2: Well, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the podcast. My god, I have any excuse, will do just a reference is one of the greatest, if not of the greatest movie all time. Step Probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a real life step Brother's situation happening in Italy, but that was just a family vowed excuse to play boats and who big time.
Speaker 1: It's a crotch party right up? Why don't you click on this big job stop? I'll stop it.
Speaker 3: That's cute.
Speaker 2: I remember when I had my first beer. Enjoy all right, same time? You do this with me? All right? Favorite movie of all time? One, two, three, Step Brothers, Oh my gosh, yeah, is there a better movie?
Speaker 4: I don't think that's a crotch party right up here, don't you job?
Speaker 1: That's cute.
Speaker 2: I remember when I had money for his beer, and I remember the first time I saw Stepbrother's changed my life, change My life opened up so many doors, opportunities, room for activities, all sorts.
Speaker 5: Of things, so much room for activities, And.
Speaker 2: All of a sudden you thought, maybe it's not lame to be forty years old and stuck at home, still trying to find yourself and work out what the next step is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then next minute another forty year old moves in and your best friends.
Speaker 5: Wow, how good?
Speaker 2: How ridiculous? Real life court case in Italy where this has basically happened, but it ended just a little bit pair shaped. A seventy five year old Italian mother has successfully obtained a court order to evict her forty and forty two year old son from her home. She's absolutely had enough. The retiree, reliant on her pension, labeled her sons as parasites for not contributing financially or helping around the house. So the judge ruled in favor of the mother, highlighting that while Italian parents are required to provide for their children, obligation has limits, especially when the children are over forty. It makes sense no matter what's happening and what sort of innovations you're trying to make, particularly to your bedroom if you share it with your brother, can we turn our beds in the bunk beds. We've already figured out how to do this.
Speaker 1: The best match up perfectly.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. You'll give us so much extra space in a room to do activities. Nonetheless, if you're forty living with mom and dad, it's time to move out.
Speaker 3: It is so time, and you know, here's food for thought. Perhaps go and create your own family so you don't have to meet you off.
Speaker 1: Your mother forty is and.
Speaker 2: You thirty these days. Yeah, that's what they're saying. Absolutely, So there you go. Just an excuse for us to get right around step brothers. This is Adelade's over and one nine fresheats and throwbacks.
Speaker 6: For all kinds of accommodation in Australia's hotspots and hidden gems.
Speaker 5: Check out the what if that plan your summer getaway today?
Speaker 1: What if it's uzzy for travel? My really chat chat?
Speaker 5: It is so time for a let's go girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah the girls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, excuse me, I'm just going to kick a door down.
Speaker 3: It's so time for a chick chat. And this is where us girls get together. Hazy, you can vaguely be involved. Zoe, you're in your twenties in a newish relationship with a much younger man.
Speaker 5: Abby you're in your thirties, very much single but slaying life.
Speaker 3: I'd have to say, yeah, you are single as a pringle though you slay girl. So this week's chit chat will revolve around age gaps.
Speaker 8: And then we were just saying, I cop a lot of flak from all of you for dating it much younger man. He's two years.
Speaker 2: Younger than mentally, how.
Speaker 8: Hell usually it's criminal cooker, Absolutely, I know that's it's pretty jarring when I say out loud that he's born in the year two thousand.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it's outrageous? Is it? I spent a long time with Alex on the weekend and I was born in nineteen eighty five, But somehow it feels like we're almost the same.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 1: It was otto, you.
Speaker 2: Really scores sort of scary connection.
Speaker 8: But despite how much fun you'll make of me, it got us talking of about real age gap relationships and if we've ever been in them, what we think of them, and abs that came up that you have been in quite a big age gap relationship.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was pretty big.
Speaker 9: So it was eighteen years between myself and this gentleman big my boss's best friend at one point. Yeah, I was twenty two, he was forty. So I look back now and just yeah, way too big. I was way too young. Maybe now it might be different, but yeah, I was way too young to be with someone.
Speaker 5: Hitty treat you well, No, no, I put my hand up though.
Speaker 9: As I get older and go I caused a lot of dramas. But also, you know, him being older, you would have thought that he would have, you know, taught me how to be in an adult relationship, and that wasn't the case.
Speaker 2: Also, what you do abbe and that is for some reason, probably blame yourself. Yeah, when you were eighteen, and of course there's a lot going on for anyone who's a ten.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I just look at twenty two, you're just such a baby. I was working in hospitality. I was a terror of a person living my best life and he copped a lot of it. But also he did some pretty shady things as well.
Speaker 3: So can I ask you this, having lived through that experience, do you think that an age gap, nearly twenty year age gap can work.
Speaker 9: I've actually got friends who there's twenty years between them and they're now together. They've got twins living their best life up on the Gold Coast, So I do believe that it can work. But interestingly, we went it did some volunteering last week and I met a lovely lady she's eighty three. Her husband's ninety four. And I made a comment, I said, oh, a bit controversial, you know, having you've been together and they've been fight sixty five years or something, and she said, there's been no issue with the age gap until now because she's eighty three. She's volunteering still, she wants to go and have fun with the goals. And her husband's ninety four. He's going through some health issues and she you know, he can't drive, so she's doing all of that for him.
Speaker 5: So it's funny, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Because you think you think the age gap becomes less and less relevant the older you get. But I have never thought about that that when you get to that age, Yeah, one's mobile, the other one isn't that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because physically she was at a harvest rock on the weekend on his shoulders, but he's got some issues.
Speaker 7: I heard that she was on your shoulders at one point.
Speaker 9: It wasn't surprised, but yeah, I'm looking back now not okay.
Speaker 7: But also, you know, you go through what you go through for a reason.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I will say I think I feel like there's a little bit of a double standard with this, Like so if an older bloke gets with a younger woman, then it's like all the mates like, whereas if an older, say, cougar gets together with a younger man and it's kind of a little bit frowned upon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure how well representing the male species. I'm not sure how well supported is if you're going out with someone who's vastly younger. For I don't think we're all sent around.
Speaker 3: Going yeah, okay, don't even make that noise again.
Speaker 2: Made to forty and they're going out with twenty two year old. I don't think we're all getting together, is that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, my boss said to him, you leave her alone and do not go near her, and he obviously didn't listen.
Speaker 5: I just couldn't resist you, abs.
Speaker 8: It can work though these relationships, So yeah, I mean dependent. I think every situation is different, but it'd be nice to hear.
Speaker 3: Yes you would thirteen twenty four ten. Are you in a relationship with a significant age gap?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And has it worked? Because I'm sure, like you said, so, this is probably maybe even bigger age yea restrict gaps whatever, that's.
Speaker 5: Absolutely worked, So love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: We do have an Amazon Elektra Echo Pop smart speaker to give away as well for the best call.
Speaker 5: Really nice. Now you go back into your box and please do some traffic. Thank you you girls.
Speaker 2: Next thirteen twenty four ten Big gaps in a relationship? How big are they? And can it actually work? We'd love to take your calls.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Lisa. Good morning, good morning. What's the gap? Lise?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 10: Where eleven years apart? So I'm forty.
Speaker 5: And he's fifty one, right, okay? And does it work?
Speaker 6: It does?
Speaker 10: We've been together. I first met him when I was twenty nine, so yeah, we've both been married before, had children with other partners, and now we've got a beautiful little two year old daughter of our own.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So it is a blended family, now, is it.
Speaker 10: It's a blended family. So his son lives with us, my daughter lives with us. They're both fifteen. Yeah, and then our little two year old Daisy.
Speaker 5: Okay, Lisa, you happy?
Speaker 10: Yeah? So so happy. So like I'm a vet nurse now I feel like my career is he supported me in doing everything that I've wanted to do. I haven't found the age gap a problem at all, because back to his maturity, it probably, yeah, has helped along the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess there is a bit to be said by the fact that they do say that men mature a little slower than women.
Speaker 2: So very.
Speaker 10: I think we're definitely have met in the middle there. I feel like I'm obviously very mature and he's quite immature.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Isn't that incredible? Lisa? My wife is younger than me, but I mean mentally she's so much older. She is so much.
Speaker 5: Indeed, thanks so much, Lisa, thanks for you call. Let's go to Steph. Good morning, Steph. What's the age gap?
Speaker 6: Good morning? There was seven years between.
Speaker 5: Us, right, and are you still together?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 6: So I was sixteen and he was twenty three.
Speaker 7: Wow, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when you start to go into those sort of details, that's when it can get a little bit tricky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So what sort of problems did you encounter, Steph?
Speaker 6: So he don't really want to do anything, so I kind of lost out like a lot of like my youth in a way. Yeah. So yeah, just because there was that much of an age gap.
Speaker 5: And where did you meet?
Speaker 6: At a bus stop? Right, Brandon, I should have been a bread flag in itself. For twenty three year old.
Speaker 7: At a and how long? So you were sixteen when you met? How long were you together?
Speaker 6: We were together about six years?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Right, okay, so he's heading into thirties territory in your early twenties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so when you look back, Steph, like, how much I mean, do you regret the situation? When you look back and say, well, I learned a lot in that little period of my life.
Speaker 6: I mean some days I regret it. Some days I'm figured that I've learned a lot from it. I mean I got my first son out of it, so I can't regret that too much. Yeah, but yeah, definitely like now having kids, if any of my daughters came home with a twenty three year old, I guess yeah, definitely have a lot of red flags there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you so much, Steph. Thanks for the well when Kylie.
Speaker 6: Is good morning morning.
Speaker 3: Ooh, this is a woman after your own heart.
Speaker 5: Eighteen year age gap babs yea love it? Yes, okay.
Speaker 11: So so we've been together for almost eleven years yep, Mary coming up six years?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: We have three kids together? Are we thirty seven? This coming Wednesday?
Speaker 11: And he's just turned fifty five in July this year.
Speaker 7: So how when did you meet? What age did you meet?
Speaker 11: I met him when I was I want to say twenty.
Speaker 3: Seven, okay, and he was how old then he would have been any late?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, yep A.
Speaker 11: Right, it does work.
Speaker 6: It can work.
Speaker 11: I think that age is only an issue if you make it an issue. It's not an issue for us, has never been an issue for us. It's never come up in conversation. I just think if you click and you work and you love each other, then the age is irrelevant. I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I guess, I mean that was quite thought provoking what you were saying before, because at one point he's going to be, say eight, and you'll be eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And do you think that's a cut off, Carle? Is that when you're like.
Speaker 11: Before, I'm thirty seven, So I'm not really thinking about when I'm eighty.
Speaker 2: I'm so true, just living in the moment.
Speaker 7: That's nice, all right?
Speaker 9: So maybe I need to go back on the dating apps and extend the age bracket a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah as well? I mean, how dare we suggest that love knows any sort of rules?
Speaker 10: You know what?
Speaker 2: I bounce? No boundaries? Love has no sense of timing as well, sometimes just jumps up and hits you right.
Speaker 1: In the face.
Speaker 9: Maybe because I'm so much more mature now, maybe it would work like who knows, I wouldn't have thought.
Speaker 2: But also maybe not there you go, thank you so much for the cause. Can continue the conversation as well. Text line is open for double nine one nine.
Speaker 3: Nice variety of calls here as well, except for Abby X because he's not welcome to.
Speaker 7: JAMPI let Sophie's not listening.
Speaker 5: Well, hazy.
Speaker 3: Our next guest will host a show that has the hottest bombshell head turners that will be joining the cast with Love Island Australia returns for a fifth season. It's six o'clock, it's on nine now and this is the beautiful host of it, Sophie Month.
Speaker 5: Good morning, oh, good morning guys. Okay, Love Island Australia.
Speaker 3: It just it appears to be a show about a lot of hot people and bikinis and right lot of skin, you know what.
Speaker 12: That's kind of how they promote it, But it's not about that. It's honestly about relationships and yeah it's not as sexy as it looks. I think it's that's just the brand, right, But once you watch it, you get so invested. Like I found, either people have watched Love Island and they're addicted and obsessed, or they have not watched it at all.
Speaker 2: Is it a place, Sophie to find a genuine true love?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean we throw so much at them, you know, really test their relationship, which helps them in the outside world. It could take three years to realize that about a person.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So it's pretty intense, and we've got a lot of beautiful apples out of it, and it's just so emotional and it's hilarious this season too. So if you haven't watched Love is One, watched this one, you know, I'd say this one is my father bear.
Speaker 5: Has there been any Love Island babies?
Speaker 12: No, there has been talk about it, Claudia and Austin. Everyone's saying you've got to have a baby because it's so bloody good looking as well. Yeah, so yeah, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: It's around the corner watch this phase.
Speaker 3: The other thing I wanted to ask you about, You've been doing a movie called Zombie Plane with Vanilla Ice for goodness sake, What was.
Speaker 12: He like awesome. His name's Robert. Robert.
Speaker 2: It's awesome.
Speaker 12: He was so cool to work with and worked really hard. And then Chack Norris is in the movie too. I know, So I mean zombie playing. You know what's happening with the zombies on the plane? Ye, that's like it's that kind of a comedy, you know, a little bit horror comedy. It's just my other movie that i'd watched.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm yeah, and insert the Chuck Norris jokes, like zombies offered their brains to Chuck Norris or something like that.
Speaker 12: Yes, exactly. Yeah, it's funny because Vanilla Ice is the reason he added One Hit Wonder is because he's secretly working for the CIA and each that's why we had a one hit Wonder. Yeah, got the job is that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is very good.
Speaker 3: Okay, So was it film not an actual plane or it was just a set that looked like a plane.
Speaker 5: How do these things work?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so it's like a bretend plane. They build it and then yeah, just change it from economy to all the time. Like, yes, that's like a set, but it looks so real.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, that's are you playing the role of a hostess. I'm so fascinated with this film.
Speaker 12: No, it's funny because it was written as Kelly but then they changed it to me. But she's a bit of a bitch my character, but I'm actually playing. Yeah, my name is Sophie Monk in it.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Yeah, that's so I got.
Speaker 12: Bad at acting. I'm really in trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly her role for you, Sophie. You I can't play that role.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing I wanted to ask you about because I've been talking to your Instagram and you've done a video about what's in your handbag and the first thing you pull out is a random hair extension.
Speaker 12: Well are you sticking one as well? But they just sometimes they brush your hair and they fall out. Yeah, so yeah, I just keep it there in case, you know, the headress can put it back in. I also have nipple covers in my bag, Like, mine's a mess because I've seen these girls do it from clothes and they're like, and I've got this lip class. I was like, no, you should see my handbag. It's a mess of a thing. But apparently it says a lot about a woman if you look in their handbag, And I was like, yes, that makes sense. Mine is chaotic and be crazy.
Speaker 3: So you've got your nipple covers stack stuck to the back of your mobile phone. There is that, Like I'm trying to think of a scenario where I go, where's my nipple covers?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, so I just leapt it on the back of my phone because they stick there and that keeps them quaint. Yeah yeah, little hack feel or you.
Speaker 2: Go, where's my phone? Where's my phone? It's covering my nipples, so trying to.
Speaker 3: Talk and her phone's on her boob. But the thing I've heard about your nipples, Sophia is that they can send a text.
Speaker 5: It's amazing, Sophie.
Speaker 3: We can't wait to see the new series of Love All in Australia. It's on six o'clock on nine now. As always, it's a pleasure to talk to you and find out just how clever your boobs are.
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you so much, talent.
Speaker 2: Cheers, Sophie, thank you. Women have crazy things in their handbags.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think every woman's got at least one item that's.
Speaker 1: A little bit weird.
Speaker 5: You're right, Maybe have table salt in my really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Just because you know, you never know, you never know when you need some salt.
Speaker 5: Well, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: And because with my other job, I'm always on the run and I have to sometimes eat in my car, so I always need table salt, don't you salty?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Years where you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 6: Creaking news.
Speaker 1: What's the news today? Snooziness?
Speaker 5: Basically so much information on the internet.
Speaker 3: We just break it down top three stories that you need to know this morning, the first one being We've had a cracking weekend in Adelaide. And it's interesting because we touched on this before, but we have this reputation for cramming everything into one month. Not so anymore. I don't think it is October and we had thirty thousand people in the Parklands for Harvest.
Speaker 5: Rock over the weekend.
Speaker 2: We're doing things.
Speaker 5: We're doing stuff. World Solar Challenge on Friday.
Speaker 3: What about those crazy cats jumping in the fountain after they won?
Speaker 2: Probably still going right now. Yeah, to bet your crazy cat.
Speaker 5: I've always said we will solar. People know how to party.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you said the Christmas party out of control?
Speaker 3: Rageous Sam Smith on Saturday night apparently went off.
Speaker 5: News reader Abby was there.
Speaker 9: I went it was full on but loved it. They did just such an amazing It was just amazing. When you say full on, was it not safe for work?
Speaker 6: Full on?
Speaker 7: All there was a.
Speaker 9: Clear distinction between they were in a happy relationship and then they were not. Went through Yeah, then they were not. Then they went through a breakup. So yeah, there was you know, nipple tassels and stockings and things.
Speaker 3: And that was just from you in rows.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I decided to get my little bum out. But anyway, yeah, no, but it was fantastic, really really good.
Speaker 7: Sold out. Yeah and water Voice, Yes voice incredible.
Speaker 3: Coming up very soon, veylo five hundred. We've got the Christmas pageant this weekend was Asia is on the Lucky Dumpling Market.
Speaker 5: It's all happening.
Speaker 2: They're good on us. Yeah, that's why that's why I don't undrestmate, Adelaide, because we all come up and we'll botcher m a on the bum you USI the Matilda's played the Philippines. They got over the world.
Speaker 1: I couldn't think eight zip.
Speaker 2: It's not bad, is it?
Speaker 5: Unbelievable?
Speaker 2: Got the Patrick Sampa as well as Caitlin Ford. So that's three goals each, which is just outrageous. What was really awesome though, I was well in front of a crowd in Perth of fifty one thousand, one hundred and fifty five, the first time a woman's sporting event has sold our Perth Stadium. Well done and such is almost I mean, I wouldn't expect anything less now from the Matiudas.
Speaker 3: No, but I am loving sick watching the ride that these girls are on. Like post World Cup, it took off, it took everyone by surprise and by storm, and now they're just continuing to entertain crowds with just some thrilling soccer and it is so so.
Speaker 7: Good to watch.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to seeing them spank Chinese Taipei on Wednesday night. Real bums go tillis.
Speaker 9: Now no surprises for us, I think, but probably the rest of Australia in the world. But Adelaide has been mentioned in a Wall Street Journal article basically saying, forget the Eastern States, Adelaide is one of Australia's coolest cities.
Speaker 7: You are right, which is I think pretty cool.
Speaker 9: So you know, they basically spoke about our really good restaurants and our food and produce. They spoke about our lush park lands and how beautiful the city is, and then they also spoke about the Adelaide Hills and the fact that it's not very far from the city at all, So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I think that is outstanding. I always say as well for people who because I'm from the ass I'm from New South Wales originally, if anyone at home is bagging Adelaide, that's because I've never been here. In exactly, that's what you do. You bag Adelaide until you get here and you go, oh wow, it's actually really cool.
Speaker 9: It was funny when I moved home or made the announcement I was moving home and so many people I'm friends with up in Queensland went, oh, I have to come down. We'd love to go to barosso you know, we have to come down and visit. So they just have no idea until they get here what we have on offer. And if they come on a weekend like we've just had where there's a sellout for Sam Smith, there's thirty thousand people at Harvest Rock.
Speaker 7: We do some pretty magical things.
Speaker 3: I think it's bigger than that, Like our lifestyle is so amazing. You've got the hills ten minutes away. You've got the beach ten minutes that way. It takes me seven minutes to drive to work, albeit at at four am, well not four.
Speaker 2: For a coffee from hour and half.
Speaker 3: I could not talk up this state enough, but I refrained from doing so because I don't want more people to gum here.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's the thing, isn't it. Yeah, but can't stress that enough, you wankers from New South Wales. That's maybe converted news. That's a post it snooze news for the six fifteen.
Speaker 5: Vending machine US very easy, just three questions.
Speaker 3: You just have to get navigate your way to the third one. Get that right, and then you get a crack at the vending machine. Right.
Speaker 2: Then you're in paradise, my friends. Yeah, as so long as you avoid the chips are please avoid the chips.
Speaker 5: Vending machine went to Harvest Rock on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Should have seen it as well. At one stage it was on Fitzy shoulders. Yeah, and you know I was rooting to get on Fitzy shoulders for a long time. I was campaigning for that, I know. And look over, no, no, no no, I got to saw back and look over and the venue machine is on combined it was about twelve foot nine.
Speaker 3: Listen, it was a big snort from me, wasn't it like solid snort?
Speaker 2: Apologies for that, Nicole from Cleavia.
Speaker 1: Sorry Nicole.
Speaker 2: Nicole specifically requested before she came a snort free zone, and here we are.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Nicole. How are you feeling this morning?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: You're good?
Speaker 5: Have you got your ironer prize?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 6: Not really?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, let's crack into it. Question number one. Who is the lead singer of pop group Maroon five?
Speaker 11: Adam Lovin?
Speaker 5: That would be him.
Speaker 2: She hasn't slid into your DM's bony, chance has Nicole? Now we'll check you, okay.
Speaker 3: Question number two, Nicole, the twenty twenty four Summer Olympics will be held in which city? This is a multiple choice A Los Angeles, B Paris, C.
Speaker 2: Brisbane, D Koudimundra E Keith.
Speaker 6: Don't they say there was going to be in Paris?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: That was the desk just about to buzz you out there?
Speaker 2: It was right there. Milliseconds in that.
Speaker 3: One really was okay? Third question, you get this right? You get to go at the vending machine. It's an audio question. This famous quote is from which movie.
Speaker 1: My Mama always said life was like a box of choc let's.
Speaker 2: You never know what you're going to get. Goodness. I am Oh look at that Forest' one of the great movies. What about Jenny who Forest Gump as well?
Speaker 5: Jenny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jenny, be like, hey, Forrest, I just slept with three hundred blokes at one time and now I'm exhausted. Can you come pick me up? And Forest to be like? Okay, there he was blind lovel.
Speaker 5: Okay. I need a letter between A and C please.
Speaker 3: B b okay, and a number between two and six six B six, Thank you producer.
Speaker 2: And a good feeling about this combination.
Speaker 5: There, I've got a bad feeling about the vening.
Speaker 2: Oh there goes the vening Machane's face, just like it was off on the weekend.
Speaker 5: Alright, Nicole, Oh very nice.
Speaker 3: You want to double pass to the veil ADELAIE five hundred Friday After Race concert series featuring Carl Cox and Eric Pale's Mobile Disco.
Speaker 6: Oh amazing, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: So so good. You can buy tickets at ticker Tech. However, you don't need to, Nicole, You're off, You're on your way.
Speaker 6: Amazing, Thank you so much. Guys, I really.
Speaker 5: Appreciate it, very nice.
Speaker 2: Enjoy what do you have for Adam on the vein?
Speaker 5: Keep one eye open.
Speaker 2: Good stuff. It's a really good promise. By the way, that's great.
Speaker 1: That's a job. Job, a terrible job.
Speaker 2: Led it fearlessly, courageously. Yeah, sometimes brutally by news reader Abbey morning accent, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, And I do enjoy it when she walks into the studio and says to us, this could get me fired, and We're like, just.
Speaker 5: Go for it, mate, I'm worried about today. Back yourself in.
Speaker 2: She's so worried, how you too, sit down, shut up and just feel the wrath of the joke. I'm about to tell well, straight yourselves in.
Speaker 3: And then she's like, is yours clean? I'm like, yeah, money is? You're like yeah, money is. You're like, oh god, mine's not.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Abby's like, I'm not saying mine's dirty, but it's illegal in seventeen countries to tell this job.
Speaker 9: Essentially, yes, well, I guess I'll kick it off. Then I think, yeah, you guys go first.
Speaker 2: Okay, crazy stuff guys. And I'm now at the age of thirty eight, so I'm just trying to broaden my eyes and get into some new activities and such. So I want to start making my own honey. Oh so first step, he's got to get some beans. Yeah, won't you. So I went to the place where you actually buy bees because I want to set up a hive and everything, and you usually buy sort of twelve at a time, so you get a dozen. So I went to the bee man, said she give me a dozen bees and he said no. Took the bees home and there was an extra one in there, so there was thirteen bees. And I felt little bit bad because they're quite expensive. So I caught him up and said, mate, there's an extra being here. Is this all right? He said, no, that's that's fine. It's a little freebie, freebie abs, it's a free free bed. Joe's what do you got done?
Speaker 5: Okay? So this is a bit of a sad one today.
Speaker 3: My mum died when we couldn't remember her blood type, and as she died, she kept telling us to be positive.
Speaker 5: But it's really hard without her.
Speaker 9: A little blood type joke on colleen, She's all right, no colleens, little bloody death jokes. Alrighty, well after that, this is probably not appropriate, but anyway, so my friend good so my friend works at the zoo and he's actually responsible for circumcising the elephants.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I didn't know such a practice happened.
Speaker 9: It pays pretty lousy, but the tips are huge.
Speaker 1: Wow, being a ride.
Speaker 7: On weekend sports.
Speaker 4: That song I Do Love Myself is that song about me? Me singing about myself.
Speaker 2: I love myself and I touched myself kiss me.
Speaker 4: What a weekend of sport. Unbelievable stuff so much around. Let's start with the soccer last night. Having the Matilda's not just transform the way they play, but transform the perception of women's sport and soccer in this country. They're probably the best side I think nationally in terms of bringing everyone together. Yeah, sixty thousand fans last night, eight miil against the Philippines' breathtaking.
Speaker 3: I said this to Hazy this morning. I am loving this ride. Sick like watching women's sport. And you know I'm presented on ten News the other night and we led with soccer. Never in my lifetime has that ever happened? Have we led with women's soccer? Well?
Speaker 4: Just think as well, how many young girls now and boys are going to be playing football, soccer and saying I'm going to be Sam Kerr or caitlin Ford in the backyard just wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 1: It's just five years ago.
Speaker 5: But also watching it last night, it's so good to watch. Yeah, it's so entertaining. Their foot skills.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know way more about soccer than I do, but their foot skills seem elite, Like it's so good.
Speaker 2: They're great mussel hat trick for cartlin Ford and Sam Carer. Like you mentioned, we've been.
Speaker 5: Training it this all week and the first game we had a.
Speaker 8: Few things to work on, but no, I think everyone just came out here and gave one.
Speaker 2: Hundred percent, ten percent. Sure I would have taken eight zip as well, just quickly equivalent recond Is that like beating an AFL side two on and fifty mil?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I was going to say twenty goal win, but it might be more than that, might be at thirty goal. Speaking of which, Adelaide United last night and the man let's give them a shout out sick Zip against Melbourne.
Speaker 1: City Nesta Roy.
Speaker 2: How's the backflip celebration? It's just ridiculous and obviously big, giant, outrageously bright future, so we'll just soak it up and enjoy nessary still.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might be here for maybe twelve more months if we're lucky, and then he's onwards and upwards from there.
Speaker 3: When you played for Centrals, did you ever do a backflip to celebrate a goal?
Speaker 2: I did a couple of backflips at Mad Monday. That was one man that's not very off and too much of an outrageous direction. I remember a bit of a mad Choose and a big bog by named Jason Bucket Mackenzie were at the Sugar or Sugar and we'll pretending to be gymnasts in between two pool tables, and Buckets over rotated and fell on his face and they had to get the ambulance. You know, we thought that he oh my evenly thought that he died. He started convulsing and all sorts of things.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, that was supposed to be a fun little story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we are and it's okay.
Speaker 2: Buckwards is fine. But then we had the photo the next day, like the premiership photo, and he looked like the elephant man. Anyway, there's a message and all that I'm not sure what it is. Are you bringing little AFO W rap Crows.
Speaker 4: What a win, fantastic. I mean they were trailing pretty much from start to finish until the final ninety seconds. What a game one of them again, they just find away the Crows women guarantees I finished top two, so a really good result and Port Adelaide unfortunately not the result they wanted. They go down by eight points. They led it three quarter time. So mixed results over the weekend, but the Crows women again looked like they could definitely win the flag.
Speaker 3: It was really interesting last week when Cane Corn gill Mate came out and said not enough scrutiny on the Port Adelaide Football Club women's at all, Like if that was men's and they were getting thumped the way they're getting vumped, they would be under the pump.
Speaker 7: Maybe.
Speaker 4: I think second season though hard like first season, there was definitely a lot of forgiveness. I mean they will put together basically three weeks before the season. This season may be a little bit more scrutiny comes their way. I still think they probably need another year to bet it in get their squad together, so I'm prepared to forgive them a little bit more. But that said, one win, one draw for the season, they'd be disappointed.
Speaker 2: Alright, ready, you know what time it is. Continue the tradition that is, just injecting a bit of humor on a Monday morning.
Speaker 4: All right, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: Keep a little bit of reverse gas, saying right, you're ready, You're ready?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: Why aren't kowhala is considered bears because they don't have the qualifications?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well she's not telling it something.
Speaker 2: We touched it on Friday. Thank you ready for stopping by.
Speaker 1: Pleasure, Thanks Joe's thanks, hazy.
Speaker 10: At you totally you built a time machine.
Speaker 2: It's hazy on this daisy. Welcome to Monday. An opportunity for you just to put the pass behind you. When I say the past, I directly I'm talking about the weekend. Don't worry about it. We'll all have slip up. Sure you're slipping up more than usual, but look from here on then, for the next five days, just keep it on the straight and arrow before we stuff up again on the weekend.
Speaker 5: It's all about redemption.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go for a little trip down Remley Lane via on this day, e the thirtieth of October. Let's get back to nineteen eighty three, three day movies were screened for the first time on Australian television on Channel ten.
Speaker 7: And wasn't everyone freaked out.
Speaker 1: About three D?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you had those ridiculous classes like red and blue. Yeah, whoa is it real? I know I can see it. I want to touch it.
Speaker 3: They made me feel so nauseous, sick to the stomach, really gross, just did weird stuff to.
Speaker 5: My eyes that missed witness tummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well when did they come out? I come, I see it out there and bang, I keep on hitting out. But yeah, I don't think they were as popular as people thought it would be.
Speaker 3: No, it didn't really take it. And then you had the IMAX as well, and O my god.
Speaker 2: All sorts of Yeah, I'm ax is quite outrageous. And then you see this thing that's over in Vegas, the Big Sphere. Oh my gosh, what's that about. That's a new experience. It's like this giant sphere where it's a big television screen basically, and you come inside this thing and it's just ridiculous. Wow, I'll show it to you in just a second. Nineteen eighty seven, we got this classic from George Michaels, Got to Happen beautiful song from a beautiful, wholesome character. Wait wait, I'm googling George Michael and well what I never knew?
Speaker 5: Fight in public toilets keep going on?
Speaker 2: So strange, strange anyway. Twenty eleven, The Twilight Saga Breaking Down, Part one, starring Kristin Stewart Robert Pattinson, premiered at the Rome Film Festival.
Speaker 10: Hello, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to introduce myself last week.
Speaker 6: From Edward Cohen.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, wasn't the Twilight Saga just an absolute institution?
Speaker 5: And if you weren't around it, then you weren't quite cool?
Speaker 2: We're yeah, and I was never around it.
Speaker 5: It was a were wolfy thing.
Speaker 2: No thing was were wolf via vampire. Yeah, who wins that battle? I don't know, Oh my gosh, because vampires are quite athletic, but there wolves may. Once they get hold of something, they get lockjaw and they're on your big teeth, real big teeth.
Speaker 7: Once they clamp down.
Speaker 5: Lookout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not even a vampire can shed that pipe no one saw in October thirty. In twenty twelve, We Are Never Getting Back Together by Taylor Swift, Hands up. If you've been a lady in a relationship and you feel like you're being burnt and you've just belted this song out.
Speaker 7: Yeah go sisterhood.
Speaker 2: Jode's understandably. Matthew Perry dominating the headlines.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just probably one of the biggest stars on the planet. Passed away very sadly on the weekend.
Speaker 5: He was just fifty four. My goodness.
Speaker 3: So mixed reports that he had a heart attack after two hours of playing that pickleball that they play over there. Other reports say he drowned in the spa. So authorities didn't find any illegal drugs, but they found antidepressants, anti anxiety drugs and their cop the drug which is for his common lung disease that he had. His family have released a statement. They said they're devastated by the loss of their son and brother. He made ninety million dollars doing Friends over ten years. Warner Brothers still gets a billion dollars a year just from the reruns, and the cars get two percent of that, so he was just making twenty million dollars a year just from that alone. But well documented, he struggled with addiction. He could never really find peace, which is quite often the case with these people whould make other people laugh, but just can't seem to find that inner piece. But here are some of his finest moments on Friends Now.
Speaker 5: It was my beating suit from high school. I was a little bigger then.
Speaker 1: Oh I thought that's what they used to cover Connecticut when it rained.
Speaker 2: Hold on, there's something different. I went to that tanning place your wife suggested.
Speaker 1: Was that place the sun?
Speaker 5: And then the other day on the subway, a woman accidentally sat on my hand.
Speaker 10: Dude, don't rub my face in you're a crazy single life.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to go to the bathroom. Will you watch my phone?
Speaker 7: Why don't you just take it with you?
Speaker 2: Hey, we haven't been on a second date. She needs to hear me pee.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just call her? I can't call her. I left the message I have some pride, do you no? Rain?
Speaker 2: We're are here absolutely King of psydecast Yeah so good.
Speaker 3: So I was doing some research on his love life because I was like, was he even married?
Speaker 5: Did he have kids?
Speaker 3: Which the answer to that is no. He dated Neve Campbell and Julia Roberts back in the day. In his memoir, he said that he broke off every significant relationship because he wanted to jump first. So he thought, I'm going to get my heart broken. I'm not good enough, and so he pulled the pin before they Gwyneth.
Speaker 5: Poultrow, they also dated.
Speaker 3: She said, I met Matthew Perry in nineteen ninety three at the Williamstown Theater Festival in Massachusetts. We were both there for summer doing plays. He was funny and sweet. We swim and creeks, had beers in the local college bar, kissed in a field of long grass. It was a magical summer. Maggie Wheeler, who play Janis on Friends as well, paid tribute, saying the world will miss you, Matthew Perry. The joy you brought just so many in your life. Too short lifetime will live on. Stilm Were Blair wrote, my oldest boyfriend. All of us loved Matthew Perry, and I did, especially every day.
Speaker 5: I loved him unconditionally.
Speaker 2: Wow. What an absolute institution.
Speaker 5: Friends was Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: And Adele paused her Vegas show to pay tribute to Matthew Perry on Saturday Night as well. So the world mourns the loss of someone who, from all accounts was sweet, funny, kind and beautiful to be around.
Speaker 1: H