Speaker 1: Lately welcome the late to play.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Good evening, I'm James Macpherson, with Liz Staurra and Caleb Bond coming up. A school teacher sues the Education Department after injuring herself playing basketball in high heels. Who could possibly have predicted that? Plus when we look at the papers, a Chinese swimmer's performance at the Olympic Games called not humanly possible, and a new South Wales coal fired power station's output at a five year high as renewables fail to keep sydneysiders warm. But first, we want to kick off the program by showing you new footage of the attempted Trump assassination. This vision, filmed by a victim of the shooter just three minutes before shots were fired, shows the shooter clearly visible and with a clear line of sight to Donald Trump. Have a look now, James Copenhager, who took that video just three minutes before shots were fired. He was actually shot twice in the arm and the abdomen. He's recovering, but the video is further evidence that Thomas Crooks could be easily seen, despite testimony from Secret Service snipers who said they never spotted him until just seconds before shots were fired. Now, obviously some people believe there's some kind of conspiracy here. Others believe it's just a litany of gross ineptitude. I guess we don't know, and we may never know. But Caleb videos like this, they certainly raise a whole lot more questions, don't they.
Speaker 4: Oh, they certainly do. I can understand why they didn't see him there. I can't see you either, James mcpherston, are you even on.
Speaker 1: This guest with me?
Speaker 4: Seriously, the more we see this stuff, and I mean it's it's obviously taken weeks for this vision to come out because the poor bugger was shot himself. But the more you look at it, the more you got to say it was either the most monumental cockup in the history of cockups let's go back forty million years worth of them, it would be the worst you've ever found, or it was allowed to happen. Seriously, how could he have taken that vision and all those other people who were standing behind Trump of course, would have been able to see that. We know that there were people on the other side of the fence who weren't inside the rally, who were aware that he was on the roof, and that they had tried to alert police to the fact that he was there. Then you had a copper who went up the ladder and looked at the bloke and then just scurried down the ladder because he pointed the gun at him.
Speaker 1: It is just incredible.
Speaker 4: They should have known he was there, and they should have taken that shot about five minutes before he took a shot at Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: There's just no two ways about it.
Speaker 5: They did know he was there. I don't care what anybody says.
Speaker 6: How can that many other people know he was there, but the people tasked with looking after him, the people that were being screened at, the guys who were texting each other saying suspicious.
Speaker 5: Person alert, just didn't know he was there.
Speaker 6: And now they've got to explain away who the guy is and the random footage and.
Speaker 5: Why he didn't spot him he was running around on the roof. At least the shooter.
Speaker 6: Was crouched down with a rifle trained on him. That footage was taken just three minutes before Thomas Crook fired. So you mean to tell me you want us to believe that you didn't know Thomas Crook was there crouched down with his rifle trained on Trump at that point in time, and you didn't notice someone running around on a rooftop like that is going to draw the eye. We don't normally see people walking around on rooftops. And it was so obvious that was captured in this guy's that's just phone footage. He wasn't there some ubute camera. You mean to tell me he could pick it up. And the Secret Service, we've watched all the where they were positioned, the counter snipers in relation to the not counter sniper, the actual sniper, as well as Trump stage. There's just no explaining it away that we couldn't see this guy who we now know about running around in the background. Also, how did it take this long for us to find out about.
Speaker 5: This little piece of the story.
Speaker 6: You'd think with the FBI on the case, the Secret Service on the case, the local police on the case, all supposedly trying to get to the bottom of the story, and how this could have been such a colossal failure.
Speaker 5: The least you can do is send a call out saying, everyone.
Speaker 6: Who was at this rally, we want your footage, we want your photos, we want to find out who's responsible, if they had help, etc.
Speaker 5: And so on. You would think that would be a.
Speaker 6: Pretty basic part of the inv investigation. And no weeks later, they are still insisting that everyone believed that a twenty year old, unassisted with mental health problems managed to best the Secret Service, the local police, the FBI, and they're all just like, oh, well, you know, look, it's just a colossal failure. As a saying that I like to repeat at times like this, this many coincidences isn't a coincident.
Speaker 4: It's frankly a shame that they shot Crooks dead because he could be a great asset to the Secret Service or the CIA or the FBI with his abilities to evade. Then he could have told them.
Speaker 1: All his tricks.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, so little is known about Thomas Crooks. That's the other weird part about this story. Very still just finding out about social media accounts from when he was fourteen or fifteen. You'd think he would have known in that position he was going to be shot dead, and yet he left no explanation apparently for his actions, and that his parents haven't been much help either, although they've been counseled by legal representatives to say nothing at this stage that hasn't stopped reporters trying to find out something from mum and dad. Matthew and Mary have look at this interview or attempted interview with the shooter's father and have listened to his response.
Speaker 1: Explain why your son is there's a limited social server. Is there any statement you'd be willing to share with us right now?
Speaker 7: Mister Crooks, I got to be.
Speaker 5: Suspicion.
Speaker 3: I don't know, okay, but I reckon if my son had done what his boy did. I know you don't want to be hassled by media, but I've got a pe as the only thing you say. Wouldn't you just continually say I am so sorry, I am.
Speaker 4: So or you could just not say anything at all, like he was already walking away, like he didn't have to turn around.
Speaker 1: Sorry sorry gents. Look, I'd really love to stop and talk to you, but I'm absolutely busting for a whiz.
Speaker 4: Like come on, if I were him, I wouldn't even be showing my face in public, like I would be that distraught at what had happened. I'd be hold up in a room somewhere and never leaving.
Speaker 3: To be perfectly.
Speaker 4: Honest, but it's just a bizarre thing to say to reporters because and I know, and I say this as a reporter myself who's bounced people outside court rooms. And I've bounced people outside courtrooms and have my mobile phone taken from me and thrown in a water fountain. What, so I know what adversarial sort of encounters you in. That's I wasn't going to go into that, but now you know. But it is so ill advised to turn around and say something like that.
Speaker 1: Because of course there's going to be the piece of footage that everyone takes notice of.
Speaker 4: That's why we're now talking about it on television in Australia. Is this guy so dumb as to not realize that announcing that he needs to go and use the bog is going to be the store.
Speaker 6: He's clearly not some slick media trained He's just an average joe. He's probably no experience in front of a camera.
Speaker 5: In his entire life, and utterly overwhelmed he has.
Speaker 6: He's gone through absolute hell and probably doesn't know. Many people don't in those situations know how to behave when confronted with it, because they're like, I don't actually want to take responsibility for my son's actions. I had no awareness of this at the time, so you do have to.
Speaker 5: Feel sorry for him, you really do.
Speaker 6: But speaking of someone who is polished when it comes to the media.
Speaker 5: Trump found himself summoned.
Speaker 6: Before what was going to be several black women being journalists asking him tough questions, and gosh, were they tough. You will not see Kamala Harris ever asked a single question even an ounce as hostile as what Trump was pummeled with. He pointed out early on in this interview that you guys told me that my opponent would be here, that we'd be doing this together. He said he was there under false pretenses, and yet he was gracious enough to go ahead.
Speaker 5: With the interview.
Speaker 6: Check out his answer when he was asked, do you think Kamala Harris is a DEEI hire.
Speaker 8: I've known her a long time, indirectly, not directly very much, and she was always of Indian heritage and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn't know she was black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn black, and now she wants to be known as black, So I don't know is she Indian or is she black.
Speaker 5: She is always black.
Speaker 8: College I respect either one, but she obviously doesn't because she was Indian all the way and then all of a sudden, she made a turn and she went she became a black.
Speaker 6: Just to be clear, of course, if that reporter is wrong, Kamala hasn't always identified as black at all. Here's a little cooking interview she did with actress Mindy Carling back in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 9: Okay, so what we're going to cook today is an Indian recipe? Yes, because you are idiots, yes, okay. And I don't know that everybody knows that, but I find that wherever I go and I see Indian people at the supermarket on the street, everyone's like, you know, Kamala's Indian, right, It's like our thing. We're so excited about to have you running for president.
Speaker 6: And back in twenty twenty, CNN did an entire segment on Kamala Harris's Indian roots.
Speaker 2: My mother, who raised me and my sister, was a proud woman.
Speaker 3: She was a brown woman.
Speaker 5: She was a woman with a heavy accent.
Speaker 6: Of course, this doesn't stop her from now passing herself off as black in order to, you know, or get on side more of the black vote, though I don't suspect that she'll struggle in that respect. Here she is at a rally in Atlanta. See if you can recognize the accent and.
Speaker 4: You are not just when in twenty twenty and we don't do it again in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Lady, who are you trying to be? That was so Obama like.
Speaker 6: That was so you could hear him in that sentence.
Speaker 5: It was like, have you been listening? Have you been.
Speaker 6: Watching the Greatest Orators clips? And being like, yeah, I can mimic this. People will love me too.
Speaker 4: It's a bit like when Alexandra Kazia Cortez goes and speaks in the Bronx and she really turns on her hood voice, right, and she's not the first one who's done it. But see, the thing is that she has as we just show, she's previously talked about her Indian heritage, and she does have black heritage in that her father was a Jamaican African man.
Speaker 1: But what they're doing is duplicitous.
Speaker 4: They refer to her as black as though it's inferring that she is African American.
Speaker 1: Which she is not. I mean, you trace her lineage back.
Speaker 4: Her father of four bears were not brought to America as slaves. That's not what we're talking about here. Her father is from Jamaica. But they know what they're doing when they set her up as a black man as a black woman.
Speaker 1: Sorry, don't run with that headline.
Speaker 5: Don't run with the head They thought it would get them more vocal. That is quite true as trans black.
Speaker 4: And look, you never know these days, she may wake up tomorrow and identify.
Speaker 1: As a black man.
Speaker 4: They know exactly what they are doing when they run with it. But she scarcely talks about her Indian heritage anymore. And that's the point that Trump was trying to make. She's done this sort of full pivot from the Indian bit to the black bit because she's decided that being black is more electorally advantageous to Trumpet that around. The only thing I have to say though about Trump, I mean, he fronted up to the National Association of Black Journalists, and I'm assuming that when the word was sent out to the Dems that they could have someone there. They were assuming it would be Joe Biden. And Kamala has since taken over that position and is off doing her own thing. But the only thing that worries me about it is that he should have had the presence of mind to know that that answer was not going to play well in front of that audience, Like it just wasn't going to land, and you could hear the reaction of the crowd when he did it.
Speaker 1: The point he is making is not wrong.
Speaker 4: It probably just wasn't the right time to make it in front of that crowd.
Speaker 3: So that crowd wouldn't have appreciated. But of course, thankfully for Trump, the clips gone viral and most people would agree with what Trump's saying, and that is that the progressive left continually manipulate reality to fit with whatever narrative is convenient in that moment. For instance, if they're talking to LGBTQ community members, well they don't know what a woman is. I mean, none of us are biologists. But then as soon as Kamala Harris is running for president, they can't run enough women for Kamala Harris events because suddenly they're very clear on what a woman is. In like fashion, when Kamala is talking to the Indian community, well she's Indian. When she's talking to the African American community, she's black, and she needs to be a woman, and she needs to be black, because God knows, she's got no policy, she's got no record to speak of.
Speaker 4: But she guys have a record to speak of, but well, it's not a record.
Speaker 3: So she talks about her gender and her race, and when her outraged opponents says, hang on a second, you're just talking about race and gender, she accuses him of being focused on race and gender. So Trump is absolutely right, and we just hope and pray most Americans are smart enough to recognize this is the typical progressive left playbook. Divide everybody up into niche categories, appeal to each one, and entity politics generate enough power.
Speaker 5: It only works on the left though.
Speaker 6: Right but she's already got all those votes in the bank. I think most people will have decided their votes now already.
Speaker 5: It's very obvious she's.
Speaker 6: Going to be the Democratic nominee. Nobody else is putting their hand up. She'll get a boost, I imagine in popularity post the DNC, which is due this month, however long that lasts, and then we've got the election in November, where all will become obvious. But as Paul Murray when over tonight. She's actually doing a lot better than most of us would ever like to believe possible for someone who is objectively as dumb as a post. This woman is not to be underestimated. As much as we'd love to think that Americans would just laugh her off the ticket, it's simply not happening.
Speaker 3: I mean her rally so, I mean, she's got so many people at the rallies. Of course she gives them free pizza and puts on rap music with Twerky, so that kind of helps generate the crowd that I didn't get you in.
Speaker 1: This is not at all I've seen you in a free pizza before. Come on, it's just a.
Speaker 3: Typical Democratic playbook. I mean, we all remember Joe Biden saying that if you don't vote for me, you ain't black. He's refresher. Listen, you got to come see us when you come to New York, VP. Biden, Well, it's a long way until November. We got more questions, You got more questions.
Speaker 2: But I tell you, if you have a problem figuring out whether.
Speaker 3: You're PREMI or Trump and you ain't black, it's not really racist. But of course, when Joe Biden nominated Kamala Harris as his VP. He talked about the fact that this morning, having nominated her as my vice president, that little brown girls all around the country will wake up with great hope. So they've always played this race card, and Donald Trump wasn't criticizing or attacking her race. He was criticizing her race baiting, which is what the Democrats always do.
Speaker 6: Exactly, he was basically saying, make up your mind, which one is it?
Speaker 5: Usree Indian? Now you're black. You can't be both. Technically she actually is both.
Speaker 6: But make up your mind or just be honest with people. Why wouldn't that work if you just said, look, actually I'm half and half.
Speaker 3: Guys out there, the obsession with this is so stupid, right, so.
Speaker 6: You got all identity politics is stupid.
Speaker 3: I've got two African born sons. They're both black, and I've always said to them since a little but the least interesting thing about you is the fact that you're black. And I mean I wish I was black because they look a lot cooler.
Speaker 1: And with earrings, I'm handsome that you.
Speaker 3: They've got swag that I will never have. They always say to me, Dad, you can't borrow the sauce. The source is not.
Speaker 5: But that's very kind of them. You don't want to try that.
Speaker 3: Far more interesting than the color of their skin is their character, their ideas, the things that they're good at, all the things they bring to other people. The color of their skin is the least important thing, but the Democrats always make it the most important thing, as if it equals competency.
Speaker 7: All.
Speaker 3: It's the problem with identity.
Speaker 4: Which I have to say that they gained despite your your influence, James.
Speaker 1: They've they've done really well, but having.
Speaker 3: You as it now, absolutely the good thing about adopting kids is that anything good you can say, but that was nurture exactly.
Speaker 1: It all comes down to him. It all comes down to your good word.
Speaker 4: But of course, you know they've made a race such a part of the Kamala campaign because now you've got white dudes for Kamala and you've got white chicks for Kamala.
Speaker 5: Imagine if they had white dudes for Trump.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I want to be like white.
Speaker 6: Supremacy, white supremacy, But it's white guys.
Speaker 5: That come under the like every plon.
Speaker 3: We showed the commercial the Democrats are running. Was that last night or the night before where they're categorizing white guys for Trump and they're all like serial killers, pedophiles.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 4: The one person who tried to kill Trump, I'm suspecting wasn't a fan of his anyway. Let's stick to the US for a moment where they've struck a plea deal with the man who was the mastermind of nine eleven. Kalid Shaik Muhammad, who's been holed up in Guantanamo Bay for some twenty four years or nearly twenty four years, has finally agreed to plead guilty to terrorist defenses for masterminding nine to eleven on the agreement that he won't have to face the death penalty. Now you have to ask the question, after nearly twenty four years in Guantanamo Bay, A, why has he finally decided I'm going to fesce up. He could have fesced up at any point, but of course he would have been faced the death penalty. But you would have thought for a terrorist, facing the death penalty actually makes you the martyr that you want to be. And what is in it for the DOJ, the Harris Biden DOJ to finally get this blokeout of Guantanamo Bay.
Speaker 1: JD.
Speaker 4: Vance, Trump's pick for vice president, was asking exactly that question today.
Speaker 2: Today I heard that the Biden Harris Department of Justice cut a deal with Al Qaeda terrorists co lead Sheik Muhammad to avoid the death penalty.
Speaker 1: Was reported today.
Speaker 2: Now as someone who enlisted in the Marines to serve after nine to eleven. That is ridiculous, but it's not surprising.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: Just think about the point that we've gotten to. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have weaponized the Department of Justice to go after their political opponents, but they're cutting a sweetheart deal with nine to eleven terrorists. We need a president who kills terrorists, not negotiates with them.
Speaker 4: Two of his co accused have also been included in this sweetheart deal. The chief prosecutor on the case, through Admiral Aaron c Raff, wrote in a letter that in exchange for removal of the death penalty is a possible punishment that these three accused have agreed to plead guilty on all of the charged defenses, including the murder of the two thousand, nine hundred and seventy six people listed in the Chard Sheep.
Speaker 1: But of course those who have.
Speaker 4: Family who were killed in nine to eleven, you can understand are upset by all of this. Daniel Dilara, his brother died in nine to eleven. He said, I'm very disappointed. We waited patiently for a long time. I wanted the death penalty. The government has failed us. I mean, what would it have hurt them to just keep the bloke in Guantanamu Bay until he eventually carcked it. They never had to get a guilty plea out of him, really, they know he did it, Just leave him there and let him rot.
Speaker 3: The thing that shocked me is that this still is still going on. I mean, I'd kind of forgotten about it, assumed it had all been, you know, taking care of and putting the dust beIN. Twenty three years later, they're still trying to work out what exactly to do with people who murdered near on three thousand Americans on American soil. And so now they don't face the death penalty, they'll get life in prison. We don't know where they'll be incarcerated, although, you know, knowing the Democrats, they'll probably be put in a midtown hotel and given a credit card with a thousand dollars on it. That's what they do with everybody else these days. If you were a relative of someone killed on September eleven, you would be absolutely ill ageable that your government has taken twenty three years still hasn't executed justice. And when they do, it's sloppy justice. That reflects the fact that moral clarity is sadly lacking in the United States in pretty much every area.
Speaker 5: Well when it comes to the DOJ. When it comes to the Department of.
Speaker 6: Justice, I like to say the jokes in the name America, because it really is. Whenever these guys are like, oh, we're prosecuting this, We're prosecuting that, it was two seconds ago, or at least it feels like we were talking about the doos Jase against Boeing.
Speaker 5: I mean, what kind of case was that? Zero justice for the victims' families.
Speaker 6: So you've had several planes hit the ground, killing everyone on board, they get away with a.
Speaker 5: Rap on the knuckles. The DOJ could.
Speaker 6: The very long list that I could reel off the top of my head of these cases that they say, oh, we're prosecuting, We're on the case, and then you find out what was the outcome, and nobody thinks that's justice whatsoever.
Speaker 5: And now the.
Speaker 6: American taxpayer gets to pay for three square meals a day and a roof over these guys's head until they die a natural death.
Speaker 3: And you can bet they'll have human rights favists and lawyers looking after their every need.
Speaker 5: Oh they have. That's why they've lasted this long.
Speaker 3: But let's not forget that the terror attack that brought down the Twin Towers was organized by El Kader right, who would have imagined in the days after nine to eleven that many years later President Joe Biden would leave Afghanistan and gift Al Kaider billions of dollars worth of military equipment and then cut a sweet deal with the Al Qaider operatives who trained the hijackers, financed the hijackers. One of these men came up with the idea behind the nine to eleven attacks, and they allow them a plea deal, as if you would give them any deal at all.
Speaker 4: Well, the only reason I can possibly think of as to why they would do this is at the instruction of Biden and Harris, because they think it might play well to go into an election saying we finally got an admission of guilt out of the mastermind of nine to eleven.
Speaker 5: That's the only.
Speaker 4: Reason I can think of that you would do it. But I'm not sure it plays the way they think it would play that.
Speaker 3: There's two things on that. The first one is that far from take credit for this, and this was one of the weird things, the White House immediately put out a statement sort of stepping back from it, saying this was nothing to do with us. This is the justice system working itself out. Could you imagine Donald Trump stepping away from something like that. I mean, he would be there with the rope saying, let me be the hangman.
Speaker 5: Well, no, no, hey, Donald, hang on a minute.
Speaker 6: Though he did have four years as president and did nothing with these guys, the got a hang He had his opportunities, okay, But the.
Speaker 3: Action is being taken now, and it's this administration that were very quick to put out a statement saying this had nothing to do with us. The other point about this is I think the reason why they're scared to go to trial and pursue the death penalty is because lawyers will argue that these guys were water boarded, that they were put under duress, and that was how the confession obtained, and so I think they're a little concerned.
Speaker 1: How it might go.
Speaker 3: But that just goes back to the fact if you fly aeroplanes and buildings killed three thousand people, how much legalies did it.
Speaker 1: But they never had to run the case.
Speaker 4: They could have just left them in Guantanamo Bay until they're carct it.
Speaker 6: So now they get to day in a different prison.
Speaker 4: They've been much nicer than Guantanamo Bay.
Speaker 5: The only difference is like, oh, thanks for the guilty plea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, That's all they're all they're extracting is the guilty plea. But so the admission of guilt, Yes, we say we did nine to eleven, but like twenty four years down the line, I don't think anyone was hanging on it's.
Speaker 1: Not the admission of guilt.
Speaker 4: It would have been a better version of justice to leave them in Guantanamo Bay where they get water boarded and tortured and whatever else until they finally die.
Speaker 3: Whoever the last person was to visit Jeff Epstein, You get him to go and visit them in Guantanamo Bay. Problem solve. If you want moral clarity, you can't go better than Israel. They took care of a couple of terrorists this week and dealt with things strongly in order to keep their people safe, taking out the Hesbala military commander at a strike in Beirut and the military leader of Hamas in a strike on Terehran. Now, predictably, the Ayatola has come out saying that they will retaliate against Israel. Have listened to this tweet, he wrote, following this bitter tragic event which he's referring there to the killing of Hamas political leader, which has taken place within the borders of the Islamic Republic. I just got to stop there for a second. This is amazing how the Iotolra is suddenly concerned about international sovereign boarders, after financing a thousand Terrists to go into Israel, after attacking Israel in April with three hundred drones, suddenly always all about protecting borders and respecting international sovereignty. Sorry, let me go back to the tweet before I was rudely interrupted by the Ayatolas idiocy. He said, this event taking place within the borders of the Islamic Republic, It's our duty to take revenge the criminal terrorist Zionist regime martyred our dear guest, yes, who was also the leader of a terrorist organization that raped, beheaded, slaughtered and kidnapped civilians. This dear guest in our territory and has caused our grief, but it has also prepared the ground for a severe punishment, which is kind of hilarious considering he's making out like this will be the thing that finally rouses Iran against Israel. They've been calling Israel a cancer of virus. They've been calling for Israel to be wiped off the map for years. They've been developing nuclear weapons to take care of Israel. They've been sponsoring numerous organizations to continually make war against Israel. As I said in April, long before this guy was assassinated in Tehran, they sent three hundred drones and missiles across into.
Speaker 6: Let's be clear, though they can keep bringing up the drone strike, what is clear was they did that a month after Israel bombed the Iran consulate in Damascus, Syria.
Speaker 3: They've always got a good reason, the Iranians, They've always got a reason why they.
Speaker 6: Suddenly had they did retaliate Israel had gone into Jamascus, Syria to bomb the Iranian consulate. They knew, of course, that would require Iran's ire, and that's what came thick and fast.
Speaker 5: Let's me fair when we tell these stories.
Speaker 3: I'm being very fair around. I've always been committed to the destruction of Israel. That event she suddenly aroused him, his absolutely gone, and that.
Speaker 6: Drone strike was just like they woke up one day. No, No, Israel had even tried to negotiate and say, look, we know we blew up your concholate in Damascus, Syria, but for a bit of easygoingness in Gaza, do you want to do a deal?
Speaker 5: My point is, and that was never going to happen.
Speaker 3: The io toll of pretending like this recent assassination has suddenly roused their ire and now they must take revenge is absolutely garbage.
Speaker 5: They're never hidden there.
Speaker 4: I told Saying that we're going to seek revenge is almost something of a non story. I mean, of course that's what he was going to say. It was always going to happen, Right, Israel goes after someone in their borders, of course they're going to retaliate. We all knew that's where this was going to go. But I think if you look at the broader context in the rest of the world, and we'll go to the US because of course, if there were to be all out war, the US and the rest of the Western world would be drawn into this. This is one the reasons I really hope Donald Trump is elected president at the end of this year, because despite what Jadi Vance has said about going into Iran, and I don't think that's the view that Donald Trump would take. Trump has very much staked the beginning at least of his presidency on ending war. He's promised to end the war in Russia Ukraine, for instance. He would not want to see another war on his watch, and I think he would work very hard to absolutely everything he possibly could to avoid any kind of all out war in the Middle East. If you've got Harris there as president, and we know how much money that Biden has given to Iran.
Speaker 1: Since he was elected in twenty twenty, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, they would essentially be shoveling money into all already have been shoveling money into Iran that they then misappropriate to go to war in the Middle East, to which the US then gets dragged into. Trump's the only man who can save us from that.
Speaker 3: Look Caryl Harris recently gave a speech where she was telling people we ought not to talk about Islamic terrorism. We don't want to use that term. So everybody knows should be weak as dishwater. The other thing, though, is you have to wonder whether Iran really can take revenge. I mean, that three hundred drone and missile attack was pretty lame. Israel shot down pretty much every single one of them. Iran have been talking for a long time about doing something to Israel. They've never managed to do it. They always work through proxies, and Israel have called their bluff.
Speaker 6: I don't know about downing that drone strike that we saw in May, because a lot of experts have said that Iran was actually running a bit of a drill. They needed to find out what Israel's iron dome capabilities were. Fifteen percent of their missiles actually did get through and cause some damage. But what they have now is Israel's measure as to how.
Speaker 5: Much they can get away with.
Speaker 6: And certainly if they join forces as we've been talking about, they could in the future have a big gang up with Hesbula Iran calling in However, many other jihadi's they want to to just have an all in war, which of course is why Israel is relying very heavily on America in the event that that happens, because if that happens, Israel knows I will have bitten off far more than I can chew, and I need America's help. But I think it's really clear. Sorry, it's really important to make something clear when I speak to this issue going forward, because it is more than possible to support Israel and oppose net Yahoo. And let's remember, most Israelis love their country, but oppose this man. We all know the minute they get to go to the polls on election day, net Nyaho is a goner. So to say that in order to support Israel, one must support net Yahoo would be to accuse most Israelis I'm not supporting their own country. I hope we can all agree that would be an absolute nonsense. So let it not be said of me. I believe that what the Ayatola is saying here, he is going to keep his word. Trust me, as is Hesbelah because they warned if Israel retaliates what's happened in the Golden Heights, which Hesbela, not like them, did not take credit for that bombing that occurred.
Speaker 5: And it is questionable.
Speaker 3: Because they they found out it wasn't Jews that were killed.
Speaker 5: No, no.
Speaker 6: Conflicting reports anyway. That aside, Hesbela made sure Israel was very well aware.
Speaker 5: If you retaliate, be root is our red line.
Speaker 6: And the fact that Netnya, who considered it worth the absolute access of resistance, he is now going to cop the brunt of you said that he took out these two evil pigs.
Speaker 5: No one's morning. They're passing to keep his people safe.
Speaker 6: I simply cannot believe that when you consider the hell.
Speaker 5: That now awaits them.
Speaker 6: They've already got bomb shelters open, they're preparing for the worst.
Speaker 5: This is the very opposite of what you do.
Speaker 6: If Netnya, who was seeking peace, he would not provoke his neighbors like this.
Speaker 5: And America begs hims not to do this.
Speaker 6: Because their number one priority is to keep this. As Netna, who promised it's humans, changed his tune.
Speaker 5: It's not met.
Speaker 6: As Netna who promised keep it versus hamask keep it in Gaza. We do not need a regional war. And to say that popping the heads of two evil guys who are going to be replaced by two more evil guys.
Speaker 5: As soon as they're dead. Is was worth what is now going to happen.
Speaker 3: There's three problems. Firstly, to keep them anything that's really to keep the peace, you've got to have a partner in peace, and there is no partner in peace anywhere in the Middle East for Israel, all them.
Speaker 5: It is not true.
Speaker 6: They have treaties with Egypt, Jordan is currently can I just finishing to say planning Israel's defense They do have friends, that's just sorry.
Speaker 3: It's all their so called peace partners, whether it's her Mass, whether it's Israel, whether it's Lebanon who continue to give Hesbalah free reign, are committed to the destruction of Israel. They're not peace partners. Second, keep it in Gaza. You can't keep it in Gaza because this thing is being fueled, this thing is being planned, it's being financed by Iran. So it was always bigger than just Gaza. And Third, Israel know that at some point, and everybody knows this, at some point, you're going to get a war in the Middle East, So Israel have a choice.
Speaker 5: We just that's not true, Matte. We haven't had to row in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: For many the reason we're trying to stop Iran.
Speaker 6: Getting nuclear about October seventh.
Speaker 3: The reason we're trying to stop Iran getting nuclear weapons is because Iran are sworn to the destruction of Israel and everything.
Speaker 5: Israel has three hundred warheads.
Speaker 3: And everybody for warheads, and everybody fears if Iran gets there, they will use them, because that's their stated goal. So Israel is saying we either sit here like sitting ducks and just wait, or we do things on our terms and we teach these nations that we won't tolerate things and credit to them for that. That's the sort of government I would want if our nation was under attack, and it's not just letn Yaho. Any Israeli prime minister worth their salt would take out terrists wherever they are to let them all know you will never get away with this, will never go soft on you. Moral.
Speaker 6: I think he's already proved that well and truly, and I just think for any reasonable person to agree that popping the heads of two evil guys who are going to be replaced by two just as evil guys is going to be worth the all out war that he has I would say, intentionally provoked because he knew that Hesbela, he knew that.
Speaker 5: Iran are now duty bound to respond.
Speaker 6: I don't see how any reasonable person can argue that's worth what's now coming to Israel.
Speaker 3: We got to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news in the papers, including a Chinese swimmer who wins gold. But to everyone's saying that swim was not humanly possible. It's coming up in just the moment. All right, welcome back. Let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. But before we get to tomorrow's papers, there's news making way right now with a massive prisoner swap CALEB between Russia and the United States.
Speaker 4: And these are unconfirmed reports. This has been put up by the Australian literally three minutes ago.
Speaker 1: But to Evan Gershkevich, who.
Speaker 4: Was a journalist at the Wall Street Journal had been accused by Russia of espionage back in twenty thirteen. He was jailed a couple of months ago July nineteen in a Russian court was meant to be sent off to a penal colony. But there are unconfirmed reports out tonight that there could be a prisoner swap. This is coming from the Telegraph in the UK with former US Marine Paul Wheelan. That would be between the US and Russia. And now the charges were trumped up. I mean, you know, he was a journalist working in Russia. There was no evidence that he had done anything wrong. He was detained for quite some time since March twenty thirteen. They ran a kangaroo court trial on him a month ago and locked him up for whatever reason. I suspect political reasons. But the news that he could well now be freed obviously will be welcome to him and welcome to all of us here at News Corp. He's part of the News Corp family. But news that I don't think was expected to happen quite so quickly. It was barely a month ago that he was locked up, and they've already come up with reportedly some kind of a deal to free him.
Speaker 3: And it wouldn't involve just him. There reporting that this could involve thirty prisoners from both sides, which would be the largest prisoner swap since the end of the Cold War. Back in twenty ten, there was a prisoner exchange involving fourteen people but as is reported, this one may involve up to thirty people.
Speaker 6: So yeah, well, more details to come, I'm sure. Right now we've just got the scraps. But it's always very interesting to question what's behind these swaps, who negotiated them, how we reached this point, Like you say, Caleb, if true, if these reports are confirmed, that is record time.
Speaker 1: It is record time.
Speaker 4: The US probably not the DOJ in this particular case, but they've been up to a lot of stuff very recently, it would say. Let's get into some of the other news floating around today. Now this broke this evening. We'll get into a lot of the Olympic news on the front of the papers. But before we get to the papers, you probably know that we've been talking about the last few nights two boxers who've been given clearance to compete at the Olympics. They say that they are female, but they were banned for competing at the World Boxing Championships last year because they undertok DNA testing, which found that they had X Y chromosomes, which would of course indicate that they are biological men.
Speaker 1: Would you believe it?
Speaker 5: This evening?
Speaker 4: One of those people, Imman Califf, is Algerian boxer went into the ring with an Italian female boxer, Angela Quarini, and it took all of forty seconds for missus Karini to go into the corner and pull out of the fight. I think we're all waiting for something like this to happen after all the publicity, the gender storm, as the headline says there that was created around.
Speaker 1: All of this.
Speaker 4: It took all of forty seconds for Califf's opponent to feel like, I'm not safe here and I'm getting out of here. Doesn't that tell you everything?
Speaker 3: In the first forty seconds, the Italian Angela Quarini was punched in the nose, called the fight off, and then when asked why, she said, and I quote may people say, don't go into the fight. It's dangerous. She's a man. Maybe it's this, So there you go, there you go. She's called.
Speaker 6: Now I'm going to see an apology. We're going to see a backpedal from the Olympic committee that said, ah, we're absolutely okay with just making men bashing women a spectator sport. That's totally fine. Are they now going to allow the second one to compete? This is the first one to take the ring. His female component only lasted forty seconds. Are they now going to backpedal, because if they have any sceric of decency, we'll see them take action and very swiftly to say how bad turns out having woman on your passport, as this committee argued and we talked about last night, turns out having women on your passport doesn't actually make you a woman and means one punch in the face. And this woman is choosing her life over competing in the.
Speaker 5: Sport that she has trained for years for this moment, and.
Speaker 6: She has to miss out because some narcissistic bloke has decided to identify as a woman woman, and she misses out on everything.
Speaker 5: She could have been a medalist. Who knows now we never will.
Speaker 4: And obviously put in harm's way. Let's go to some other Olympic news. Is on the front of the Daily Telegraph tomorrow, I think the story that's been on all of our lips. It says China's defeat of Charmers deemed not humanly possible. Fast and furious is the headline. Emphasis on the furious Ozzie swimming legend Kyl Chalmers. By the way, good Adelaide boy just like me, though I'm not as adept in the swimming pool, could not have been more gracious despite being denied gold by a performance labeled not humanly possible. China's Pan Zanli smashed the one hundred meter world record byero point four of a second, infuriating some, including elite Australian coach Brett Hawk. And it was mister Hawk who said that it was not humanly possible. Now, everything that we know about Russia and the alleged doping in which it has engaged, particularly in relation to its swimming and we talked about this last night, the case that came to light earlier this year.
Speaker 3: So you said Russia, you mean China?
Speaker 1: Which is Russia.
Speaker 4: God, I've got Russia on the mind from the last three That wouldn't be so two sort of dictatorial regimes. They may well be involved in doping as well. China, they're doping stuff.
Speaker 1: So the story that we learnt back in April.
Speaker 4: Julian Linden in the in the Daily Telegraph, a story that had been suppressed by both China and the World Anti Doping Authority or Agency as it's called, from before the Tokyo Olympics, where twenty three Chinese swimmers had tested positive to a heart drug that allows more blood to flow to the heart. They determined that all of those positive tests were just contamination and no one was told about the fact that it had happened.
Speaker 1: Then we had the story we learnt about yesterday.
Speaker 4: Where two Chinese swimmers were suspended for a year and they didn't tell anyone that that had happened until they determined that the steroids they had tested positive too had in fact been in a burger they had eaten and washed down with fries and soft drink. They blamed that on Australian beef in twenty twenty one, despite the fact that there was a bad put on Australian beef being imported into China in twenty twenty And now we are to believe that this particular gentleman was able to beat Kyle Charmers by the biggest margin in this particular event in ninety six years now. I'm not suggesting that he has doped, but my god, there might be the question on a few of our lips, could this guy have doped?
Speaker 1: Seriously?
Speaker 3: And this is the problem with the way the Olympic Committee are doing things right because Let's imagine he hasn't doped. So the guy's just swung the race of his life, the best in almost one hundred years, and everyone's like, yeah, we're not social and it's because of the way that the IOC do everything so secretively.
Speaker 1: Well it's not the IOC in this case.
Speaker 6: It's wow, yes, right, they're all tested. So in order for him to actually have doped and successfully made it into the pool, jumped up on something giving him superhuman strength to win, indeed more than when create a new record, won this bit.
Speaker 5: Surely the testing, that's the whole purpose of the testing.
Speaker 4: Well, not necessarily, not necessarily, And this is where the whole business with China Arder comes into.
Speaker 1: That's China's antidoping agency. Because if we go back to that case before the.
Speaker 4: Tokyo Olympics where those twenty three swimmers tested positive to that drug that flows more blood to the heart. Now, if you use that in the lead up the preparation for something like the Olympics, you could argue that gives you an advantage at the Olympics, even though you're not drugged up at the time, because it allowed you to train to a higher level and so you could well do something like that in this particular case, and knowing the fact that Chinada has actively covered up these cases before, you'd had to ask the question, could a Chinese swimmer legitimately dope in the lead up to the Olympics that's not revealed by Chinader.
Speaker 1: You go to the Olympics with nothing.
Speaker 4: In your system, but you've been given an advantage in the leader.
Speaker 6: Well, it's important to so that Kyle Chalmers hats off to him, the OSSI who's now summer saying, oh he was wrobbed.
Speaker 5: This guy couldn't have possibly done this.
Speaker 6: He's been so gracious about it, he says, I trust that he's done everything you possibly can to be there.
Speaker 4: I e.
Speaker 6: At the Olympics, and he deserves that gold medal, and I did everything I possibly could to challenge for that gold medal.
Speaker 5: So he's been very gracious.
Speaker 6: He's not actually casting any aspersions whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Well, he can't kid me the first person too. I know I would be I'd like you beat me yet cheated.
Speaker 4: He can't do it publicly, but I can, and that's why I've done it. And that's what my column is in the Advertiser as well tomorrow make sure you check that. And just a reminder before we go to the break. Unconfirmed reports tonight that Evan Gershkevich, a wall I was going to say, Wall Street journal journalist who was detained in Russia, may well be freed in a prisoner swap deal with the US.
Speaker 3: Very good, Well, we're going to go to a break. When we come back, a schoolteacher sues the education department after she injures herself playing basketball. It's coming up in a second. Welcome back, Well, Lis on TikTok. I don't know if you are, but.
Speaker 6: That they already have no he certainly well, he deeply regrets it now. Twenty nine year old craigmore Man was hooning happily through McLaren Vale, showing himself filming himself rather doing one hundred and seventy seven k's in a sixty k zone. He was so proud of this he wanted to boast about it by putting.
Speaker 5: It on TikTok.
Speaker 7: Here's the video.
Speaker 6: And thanks to his solid belief in how cool he was being, the police rocked up days later, took his car, took his license.
Speaker 5: And the dudes in big trouble.
Speaker 6: You guys, always pick on me when we have those arguments about whether or not we should make it illegal for these kids to.
Speaker 5: Post their wrongdoings.
Speaker 6: In this case, he was twenty nine years old. But to make these kinds of posts illegal and I have always argued no, because it helps the cops. It's just like, thanks for telling me everything about yourself. Now I can just look you up, rock up at your door and arrest.
Speaker 5: You all whatever I need to do for the felony that you've committed. Case in points, gentlemen, all the lights he.
Speaker 3: Got on social media. It was totally worth.
Speaker 4: We need a new segment Dope of the Day.
Speaker 3: Speaking of which, there's a Victorian teacher who's suing the education department after she injured herself playing basketball in heels. Now she's suing the department because they failed to tell her to remove the heels and put on sports shoes. Moreover, she says they should have shown her that she didn't need to jump into the air, oh, shooting a basketball. Can you believe this? She got a forensic engineer to give evidence in the case. He measured the size of the heels, worked out she should have been sports shoes. The judge said he was not qualified as a forensic engineer to rule on shoes. The case continues. That's it from us, but stick around. That readA Pennehey show is coming right up.