Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: This one came as a little bit of a surprise. As far as Jack Debellen, he's concerned his career at Saint George I LLA Warrior is coming to an end this season. Has signed a deal. Mick, you broke this one through at Paramatta, one year deal with an option. Can you explain that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really like it. If I'm the Eels.
Speaker 3: Jack de Bellen's been really really good for the Dragons last year and this year. You know they rarely gets injured, plays twenty past games. You know throughout his career is the ball playing forward and it really suits the way Jason Rowles wants to play. We see the way he loves his teams to shift the ball and that's what Jack de Bellen can do. Low risk for Paramatta one year and an option in their favor for the following year. So if it does well, if it does well, I'll keep him for another twelve months.
Speaker 1: I think it's a goodbye for Parat.
Speaker 3: It's not going to move the needle or anything like that in terms of their Premiership chances for next year. But solid player, trains, hard as ball skills and suits what Jason Rowles wants to do.
Speaker 2: The only question I have. I think it's a goodbye as well. The only question I have is they're starting to get a lot of similar style of thirteens, or at least they have a number of thirteens with you.
Speaker 1: Know, hopgood Joane Hawalker Williams Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on a readment.
Speaker 4: Like you, Dave.
Speaker 5: I mean it's interesting in sort of the Sireldo template right where he had a lot of smaller forwards and that's obviously worked really well for them. I'm more in look, they need to restock their forward pack, there's no doubt, but I'm more intrigued about where they're going to go well. When I say for Hooker's obviously an issue for them. Looking at Talon di Silver, they've got young Rollismith in the system. I'm interested to see where they go there and also at six, what they do at six.
Speaker 4: I mean that's the other big one for me.
Speaker 1: At the moment.
Speaker 5: So I think they're more pivotal piece of the puzzle for the nights. Think for the eels, I think he's a good solid signing. It does mix, it doesn't move, the needle doesn't get me, does get get my heart racing now my blood. No, I'm more intrigued about five eight and Hooker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, unrelated Right, Well, I'm just saying it's not like they've blown the budget on Jack de Bellan. As you said, there is a talent of silver. Paparali will probably get the first crack at six.
Speaker 2: Don't you think it actually helps their cause at five eighths and Hooker on the open market knowing that that whoever they're pursuing go, well, they picked up Jack de Bellan as well, You don't he's an experience.
Speaker 4: Well they look at the paramount for Jack Debellon. No, to Jack, he's been a great player for a long time.
Speaker 2: But you do look at a squad and he's a very experienced forward. He's been in solid form for Saints, and better to have him than not have him.
Speaker 5: I say, well, perhaps, but I don't think he's the sort of player that, as I said, with your respect to Jack, that a Jonah Peazant or a telling the Silver is going to look.
Speaker 4: At it and go got to get there because Jack de Bellan.
Speaker 2: Said, no, I'm not saying that far, but you need you need a quality squad.
Speaker 3: He's a good signing he's a good sign good, He's a really really good good a paras sign at six.
Speaker 5: Well, I think they're in uest in Jonah Peazant just talking seen in Smith, I'd signed Jonah Peasant halfpack and playing Mitchet six. We see Michigan play six. Does a good job there. That's an option, I think, a definite option for them. He knows Jonah Peasant well.
Speaker 2: The front runners to get the silver.
Speaker 5: They are, but Manly's in the mixer and a couple of other clubs, the Cows, Newcastle.
Speaker 1: They're all keen, they're all super keen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they Roy Smith's been really good this year.
Speaker 1: Actually yeah, but this is not a slide on Riley Smith.
Speaker 4: Let me finish my sentence.
Speaker 5: I was about to say that would be a good one to punch Riley Smith in talent to silver because Riley Smith's been really good this year, so it'd be great. I think Taling would a great signing for them if he turns about how to be the player the people expect him to be.
Speaker 4: It's very early in his career.
Speaker 5: I mean there's a lot of wraps on him, yep, but there's still a long way to go to be the player.
Speaker 4: People are tipping he will be yeah.
Speaker 3: And they told Riley Smith they're going to sign another hooker. Roley Smith three signs, so it's not a shock to him. And you know we see when Riley hasn't been on the field, there's a dramatic drop offer. I think that position is probably more pivotal than six because when you've got someone like Mitch there, you know he's a marquee halfback, right. I think Tyland the silver's key for Paramatta and you can run with Papali at five eighth.
Speaker 1: I think I love what Paramatta doing. I really do. Big decision last year signing on Jason Roll stuck.
Speaker 3: To It's one of the smartest moves a club has made recently. It was controversial, it was risky, you know, moving on clinck Doothson, but it's going to be the right move Fellas.
Speaker 2: There was a significant press conference held on Thursday morning at it mainly it's Anthony Seabold, mainly head coach. He addressed a number of issues in relation to where they're out as a footy club. Read Men, you were there, runners through the hot topic points of discussion out of that press conce.
Speaker 5: Well, the big ones were Tommy, Tommy's moves with the centers and obviously Daily's future, Dahi Cherruan's his future looks see.
Speaker 4: So on the Tommy front, this is not a permanent move.
Speaker 5: I think, as we all understand, it will take some pressure of Tommy, allowed him to go onto the center's free of him of some responsibility and hopefully bring the best out of him. And I think we all understood that was the case. Steves has confirmed that on Daily. He said Daily actually addressed the playing group this week because they have this annual campfire chat stuff where a couple of players or staff get up and just talk about life, their life right this week happened to be Daily's week coincidentally, So Danley got up in front of the group and he spoke about why hasn't made the decision yet? Now SAIDs wouldn't go into it, but he said that was one of the areas that he addressed. The other thing that Davey said, Look, there's obvious been some talk around taking the captaincy off him. Never it's never seves his head, it's not a consideration, won't be happening. And they were the big issues that he addressed this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, So let's start with Turbo. Do you think this move? Still think he has as much influence on the manly side as what he does at fullback at center?
Speaker 5: No, he's not going to but but I understand why they've done it because I think his form has been down, his confidence has been down, and as much as he might want to move there, I think it is the best thing in the short term for him.
Speaker 4: I don't think this will I don't think this will be a permanent move.
Speaker 5: They are a better team when Tommy's in his best playing at fullback. If he goes back to the centers. There's a couple of weeks there, rediscovers who he can be, they'll move him.
Speaker 4: I think they'll move Hi.
Speaker 5: Back to fullback, and I think Seed's basically spoke to that today.
Speaker 4: That's what will happen. So I understand why they've done it.
Speaker 2: Micky, are you slightly concerned that it's the campfire chat the DC? He gets up and addresses the group. Redman says it was his turn, and everyone gets a go on front.
Speaker 4: Stevanga was up with him.
Speaker 2: Jazz, who's on the way to the UK Super League next year, DCE one now round seventeen getting up and explaining why he hasn't made the call.
Speaker 1: I think it's coincidental.
Speaker 2: Why now, all right, you Ben understand it's coincidental, but it's okay to you can call an agent before an emergency meeting.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right, Like he I don't know if he has addressed a grip or not saying this. Yeah, that he has, it's the first time since his decision, then yeah, he probably needed to.
Speaker 1: But that's not the reason. Mainly playing badly. The DC thing.
Speaker 2: Would you take the captain?
Speaker 3: It's just going to create more headlines for a club that's already evolved in headlines. I just think it's I wouldn't And it's not like, with all due respect, if you want to give it to Jake or Tom, they're not braining it right.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got to give the captains to the best player on the field.
Speaker 1: Well, who would you make captain if it's not DC.
Speaker 2: I'd make Jake trouble Vich captain.
Speaker 1: I just don't think he's.
Speaker 3: Playing enough to scratch either, Like, if you're going to take it away from because his form is not great or he's causing a distraction, I don't think you can say Jake or tom has gone all right, we're shunting the lights out here.
Speaker 5: This is the great problem of Man. Everyone's pointing the finger of Daily, and I've been one of them. But Tommy and Jake aren't killing it. So your three highest paid players, who their aggregate income would be three million dollars plus, which is twenty five percent of salary cap, They're all not going great or not going as well as That's the issue of Many. That's the big issue at Many, and some of that relates. I think back to the Daily decision because I don't think the Drawovitch boys were happy about that decision the way it was played out, but not all of it.
Speaker 4: I don't think all of all the blame falls of Daily.
Speaker 1: Do they care more about winning than they do about that decision?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, But I think they care about the club. I think that decision was devastating. The fallout from it was devastating.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I think they're denying they would be hurt by the impact of all those headlines and.
Speaker 3: Screw sure right, I can't blame that decision that happened months ago on the way merely playing.
Speaker 5: I just said it wasn't the whole, the whole reason I said, it's part of it.
Speaker 2: I think it's really quickly, really quickly. How important is this game against the Web?
Speaker 5: For Anthony, it's funny with our seeds about the pressure coming in this week. He said, mate, have you seen what's going on in Israel and Iran? That's you're coaching.
Speaker 4: But I acknowledge what he's saying.
Speaker 5: But it's crucial from Dave because the only way to silence all the talk around that club at the moment is to win a footy game. Once you win a footy game, we'll turn our attention to.
Speaker 4: Right, you win and the noise goes away.
Speaker 2: Who are you tipping?
Speaker 4: Tip Manly? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Tigers?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: What about that?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 2: Reckon?
Speaker 4: We think they're a massive chance.
Speaker 2: They pushed the Raiders badly. God, I think I tip the Tigers. I'm pretty sure I did.
Speaker 1: Will be busy on Saturdays, merely lose.
Speaker 2: They they good things. Surely they win because this is a massive weekend of footy and we haven't even touched on state of origin, on the impact of what these results could do for not only top eight, top four coaches. For me, there's a game that I just can't believe the Warriors are outsiders in and at against the Brisbane Broncos. Now I appreciate the Warriors, They've just been a little bit clunky of late, but they are outsiders in this game, and for me, the Broncos aren't the real deal as far as I'm concerned. I think they had a good second half against Cronulla. They still missed forty odd tackles against the Sharks and if Cronulla were good enough, they would have put them to the sword in the second half. They weren't, and I feel as the Warrior is a prime for this one and can get the job done. Where do you like this weekend Mick's Big Game?
Speaker 3: I honestly think it is the most important game of the season because every game means something, right, Like, there's a thousand different storylines that you can unpack for every game, right.
Speaker 1: So for mine, I'm going to go Storm v. Sharks. The Storm got away.
Speaker 3: We won last week against South Sydney and they just haven't.
Speaker 1: Been anywhere near the side that we think they can get to.
Speaker 3: And that's probably why everyone believes their Premiership favorites because out of the top four, I think they've got the most growth in them. Right, then you've got the Sharks, and they're a tough side to get a read on. Like you know, at times they look really really good and the times they look horrific. So you know, you write about the honesty session and the things that you know, the meeting that they had this week, let's see how they respond.
Speaker 5: IM going to go the other I only to go to the bottom of the ladder the Titans Cowboys game because obviously both these coaches under the men's pressure at the moment. Dave Mixed exposed the des has a contract situation and Toddy Payton will They've been pounded the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: So just remind viewers and listeners about the contracts.
Speaker 5: Has only got a guarantee for next year. Well sorry, the Titans can part ways with Des Hasard at the end of this year. Well, either at the end of this year if they miss the eate or immediately once they're mathematically out of top eight contention. So that's actually not far off being the case that they're mathematically out of top eight contention. I mean, my guy, I think we all think theirs won't be there next year. I think that's the feeling around rugby league and that's the feeling in this room. But I just there's just a huge game for Toddy Payton as well, because they've looked so bad the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: The Cowboys Boys. What's going on in the rumor mill, there's a tip around George Williams, the English halfback, is potentially coming back to the NRL.
Speaker 3: Mick Yeah, been in discussions with the Dolphins. You know, he's got twelve months left on his Warrington contract and this is where it gets tricky. The Wolves have been in dialogue with the doll Dolphins and wanted to play first.
Speaker 1: I think it was curating.
Speaker 3: Nick Arema was a player that they identified, but the Dolphins are loath to let him go because I see him as a perfect fourteen backup half next season. He's been outstanding for him creating Nick Arena. But you know, George Williams is definitely on the Dolphins raider to partner Zaya Katawa next year.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 3: You know, he had an interesting stint at Canberra a few years ago. George Williams first year went to a prelium midway through the next year, had fallen out with Ricky.
Speaker 1: Stewart and you went down. Yeah, it was the.
Speaker 3: Most explosive interview I've probably done with a player in terms of their fall out with a coach. Remind us again the tone of that interview, Well, it was just it was just like there was a lot going on there, right, because he had COVID as well, right, so he wasn't able to go see his family. His family weren't able to come, So there's lots of parameters there. And I remember Rick ringing Ricky and telling him what was coming, and he goes, I'll give you, I'll give you one quote, right, classic Ricky as it was something along the lines of you know, I give my trust to people that deserve it or something like that. Right, So there was it was both of them had clash and fallen out, right. But since and George has gone to Warrington. I think he would have been if sam Burgess got the Perth job. I think he would have been Sam Burgess first signing in Perth. Sam Burgess coaches him in Warrington and they would have gone as a package. You would have been able to finish his Warrington contract and get to Perth. But you know there's also a massive transfer fee on his head too if they can't find a player up to four hundred thousand dollars. So there's a lot to play out still here. But George Williams on the Raider of the Dolphins for sure.
Speaker 5: What I'm find intriguing about this Davi is George is correct me if I'm wrong here, My memory of him is dominant. Half right, They're going to Katawa, like you don't want to take the control away from Katari? Is going that good? So it's an intriguing combination.
Speaker 3: They've been obsessed the Dolphins with an experience half right, right, DC.
Speaker 4: They wanted you know odd but they were around Lewis.
Speaker 1: They were going to yeah the other side for this year, locky girl.
Speaker 2: You know, look braidon Trindle.
Speaker 3: So that you know they've had this thing of partner in Qatar and there's no way they want to catail the development of Qatar.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: They think he's a freak, so they think they want to find to find someone to compliment them, which I surprised that Cody the greem is probably they don't persist with him. He's been good for him, right, but you know he's a perfect fourteen too. He's not going to be lost to that side, so it'd be interesting. He's an English captain, so George.
Speaker 4: He's not a good player.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying Kato's development is just, you know, exponentially. You don't want to style me that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another half back in the mix. As far as the Raiders are concerned, Boys.
Speaker 4: Ja Clifford.
Speaker 5: Look, he's been on the obviously told the while ago that he wouldn't be resigned by the Cowboys next year.
Speaker 4: The Raiders are looking at him. I'm not sure how far progressed it is.
Speaker 2: In the first grade this week, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he is, that's right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, I remembering the Cowboys started pretty well with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they did hit a rocky spot. They move Jackson per to six.
Speaker 5: Clifford was out of the team, but they've struggled since they made that change, that change of Purdue's back in the centers.
Speaker 4: This week.
Speaker 5: Canberra looking obviously some depth in the half now. I've lost Jamal Fogg at the end of the year. I think he'd be handy signing for the one. He's good player, Shane, he could play first grade and if he's your third half because they've got young Ethan Sanders in the system.
Speaker 4: Where's your back up half? He's a handy backup.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's a good pick up.
Speaker 3: I think he'd be a good pickup for Canbra for what they need with the two young Ethans there and the ability to guide them a little bit goalkicker, you know. You know he's played lots of footy and as a potential guy that could start in round one or provide good backup, I think he's a handy addition.
Speaker 2: Hey, boys, really quickly. Jackson Hastings gets his opportunity with the Newcastle Knights this weekend. It's his second NRL start. I actually really liked what he did in his first in of the season against the Roosters a couple of weeks ago. I thought he brought a fair bit of energy and influence on the way the Knights played in that game. This is a big game for him too, because he hasn't got a club next year and it's an opportunity to show that potentially he's not finished with yet try and keep.
Speaker 1: His spot as well.
Speaker 3: Obviously, no, in the case that Fletcher Sharp, he may not play again this year. Yeah right, so you know he's in a world of obviously, and Tyson Gamble hasn't played a lot of football this year. Played reserve grade last week, but he's missed a lot through injuries. So he'll play reserve grade again and we'll be putting pressure on Jackson Hasten's if things don't go well. It's interesting that you say that I was doing ABC that that weekend. Luklewis gave him two points in now three to two months. Yeah, he just what he does. He doesn't have to speed Jackson aces, but he straightens the attack a bit. Yeah, you know, gets an opportunity to play with klum Ponger. So let's see what that.
Speaker 1: What happened