Speaker 1: Apod Shape Production. Welcome back to another episode of Am I a Bad Mum Podcast? Are You Christmas Ready?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not Christmas Ready.
Speaker 3: I listened to our podcast where we were talking about being Christmas ready, and I even got just like that little bit of anxious in my belly, going, you steal not even trying to get Christmas ready.
Speaker 1: When you buy one present and it's what you wanted and it's the price you wanted and all the rest of it, I feel like then you're on like kind of a roll. But it's getting that first one done.
Speaker 3: I keep making the mistake of like sort of just popping into the shop popping out because you're just fitting in when you can during the day, right when you don't have others with you, and so it's usually like at peak time when everyone else seems to be there.
Speaker 2: I really need to change his shit up.
Speaker 1: I saw the ladies though when I was in West the ladies that do the wrapping, and I was like, oh, I could really, but I just don't want to go back in that shopping center.
Speaker 3: No oh no, I think it's like a I think it's like a do it as you're there, yeah kind of vibe.
Speaker 1: But the problem is is that I then forget what I've got. I don't know what you're like with the kids. I like to see it all, so I'm like, oh, yeah, that all looks good, you know.
Speaker 3: Because I think I was telling you I don't have the space or like the availability on the twenty fourth this year to be able to just do my normal wrap at midnight on the twenty fourth, Like, I don't have that this year, So I really need to be at least prepared prior to the twenty second.
Speaker 1: That's stressful. I've been there and done wrapping on the twenty fourth and then had a glass of wine and then had another glass of wine, run out of wrapping paper and all that kind.
Speaker 2: Of stand run out of wine, and.
Speaker 1: Then forget to write people's name on the presents. I don't know what's food.
Speaker 3: The figures or you see them like unwrap something, You're like, fuck, that wasn't for you if you got that.
Speaker 1: Am I a bad mom for being a bad influence?
Speaker 2: Ah?
Speaker 3: Like this it is that time of year where we can probably be a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Of a bad influence to others.
Speaker 1: So I went to Bunnings the other day, right, and I bought a lamp that I didn't need because I don't yet have the table for the lamp to go on. But I really liked the lamp. Jay looks at me and goes, what are you gonna do with that? You've got nowhere to put the lamp. I was like, yeah, I know, but I will have someone put it. And I really like the lamp anyway, Got it home, it's broken. It's just annnoying. Okay, fine, back to Bunnings we go. Went back to Bunnings, swapped it for another one. Got it home, it's broken? What and the fact that I didn't check the second one on the first one that annoyed were broken?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had a glass.
Speaker 1: Lamp shade and there were only two there, and obviously they'd been dropped, so yeah, they were both broken. Anyway. I've then taken the second lamp back to the shop, and as I'm lining up for the service desk, the lady in front of me has a dead plant and is returning it. I was like, sorry, I really watched with interest because I was like, what's going to happen here? She's literally got a pot plant completely dead? Yeah, and she's taken it up to the counter.
Speaker 2: And I'm watching yea, and she got a real fund because she killed the plant.
Speaker 1: Yes, so then she's then gone with her money. The lady behind the counter's got the dead plant. She was like next, And then I was next with my broken leg, and I went, did that lady just return that dead plant? She went yeah, she said, it's a policy, like, you've got twelve months if you keep your receipt. I know, what, howenty plants have you had in your life from Bunnings that has died?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: But and did you ever know you could?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no.
Speaker 3: I find that just mind blowing because majority of the time, I would say ninety eight percent of the time, it's the user that has broken it, not anything else.
Speaker 1: I said, I said, how do you know she just didn't water it for a year? She went yeah, I know. Obviously they can't police that.
Speaker 2: They don't know. Gosh.
Speaker 1: So then it got me thinking because I had a lavender plant on the table outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's dead.
Speaker 1: And it's probably dead because I didn't order it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, I know why it's dead.
Speaker 3: Number one, it's going to be in a ground and number two, you've ordered it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't keep the receipt, and I was thinking to myself, Oh, that's annoying. Now I'm annoyed at myself because I've got a plant and now I know you can take those back to Bunnings. You're probably wondering why this is am I a bad mum episode? But then I've said in front of Holly, I went, you know what I'm gonna do. I've got a great idea. I've got a great idea. I'm going to go back to Bunnings and I'm going to buy another lavender plant, and I'm going to keep my receipt and I'm going to wait a couple of weeks and I'm going to take the dead one back.
Speaker 2: Back.
Speaker 1: And she looked at me.
Speaker 2: What'd she say? You can't do that? I think, yeah, I can.
Speaker 1: She went, that's not the right thing to do. I was like, and I'm arguing with her, and I'm like, oh god, I'm a really bad one right now. That's technically and I'm teaching her and I'm arguing with her. I can't absolutely know that is my right. The amount of plants I've brought from Bunnings over the years that have died, and I have never once taken them back and got my money back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no one knows.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, I mean, now they do listening to this. But at the same time, do you really keep receipts for plants? Did the lady in front of you returning it have her receipt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to.
Speaker 1: Have your receipt where you brought it from. But my thing is is that so I was really excited by this idea. I was like, yeah, I deserve to get it.
Speaker 2: I deserve my money back for killing that plant. I deserve it because.
Speaker 1: The amount of plants great. I bought a lemon tree. I bought it as a lemon tree. It's not a fucking lemon tree. I don't know what that fruit is, but it is not lemons, and it takes it to disgusting the yellow and round, so like yellow limes that aren't limes that also aren't lemons, and they have a really bitter taste.
Speaker 2: Did you buy a lemonade tree?
Speaker 1: No, I bought a lemon tree. It said it was a lemon Tree's technically it was Bunnings's fault that I've got this faulty.
Speaker 2: No, you can't take that back. You don't have at you.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have the receipt. But what I'm saying is there are enough times where.
Speaker 3: Next you're going to go and buy another one of those, take the other one back and give that back to them, get her a set.
Speaker 2: You're just going to like, you're just trying to it's a great time to update all your plants that you've killed.
Speaker 1: And then I kind of thought to myself, as I was arguing with Holly about it being the right thing to do, and she's telling me, absolutely correctly, that's the wrong thing to do. I'm sitting there thinking, do I want to be the person that lines up with the dead plant to get my seven dollars back?
Speaker 3: My next question was exactly that, I reckon, you'll get there, You'll decide, you'll send the kids in with the.
Speaker 2: Receipt and the plan and go, you go and do it. No, you have to do it. Just get a real fun.
Speaker 3: For me, seven dollars is not even worth your petrol, your time.
Speaker 1: It was like that feeling I get at a breakfast buffet where it's like you go on holiday, you do the breakfast buffet. I'll have eggs, everything in the bacon. Then I'll go on to the cheese and the cold meats, and then I'll have the curry and the because I'm like, I've paid for this breakfast buffet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am eating everything. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think breakfast buffets are great for people that genuinely really enjoy eating breakfast, because I find breakfast buffets for me just such a waste of money because I get in there, it's so overwhelmed.
Speaker 2: Then my body goes, you don't even eat breakfast half.
Speaker 3: The time, So what are you doing trying to shovel all of this food in and then fit a mimosa on top of you?
Speaker 2: Just need to slow down.
Speaker 1: I don't need breakfast, but when i'm when you're in a buffet, that's why I three meals a day work and you.
Speaker 2: I do. Oh my gosh. We went to that really big one in Sydney.
Speaker 3: Elsie again being the pikiata that she is, she ended up having like I think nearly nine to ten bowls of miso soup because it has like the international section.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she was.
Speaker 1: Like Lisa did for breakfast, and I was like, we did a seafood buffet on the gold Broast. No, no, no, no, seafood buffet for dinner on the Gold Coast. I remember it's the first time that Holly tried oysters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she liked.
Speaker 1: Them, and I was like, have as many as you like. It is buffet, Like just keep eating the oysters like you may as well. And then I remember going out for dinner a few weeks after that, yeah, and she was like, Oh, I'm going to look at the menu. I'm going to get the oysters. I was like, no, you're not not. Now, you're not.
Speaker 2: No, you one not unless you're paying for dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you just recently took them all out for dinner for their birthday with their friends, and they were trying to hit you up for oysters that night for.
Speaker 2: Like a big group of them.
Speaker 1: No, not a group birthday dinner that I am paying for. No, I'm not doing oysters.
Speaker 3: Have you got a credit card, put that down. You can have as many oysters as you like.
Speaker 1: Oysters are for seafood buffets only.
Speaker 3: Unless we're at dinner by ourselves, then we'll consider it as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, buy oysters for myself.
Speaker 1: But I have a job, so