Speaker 1: We first came to know Martha Califortitis, a name that I love to say. In twenty eighteen on TV, Jungernaut and Everyone's favorite hate Watch married at first sight. In a surprise to me and frankly most people. She has stayed and has subsequently has had an actual baby with her TV storyline by Michael Irl. That's in real life for those of you who aren't up with the lingo. But there's always been more to Martha than her TV beginnings, and I've always loved her candor, sass and unaffected attitude. Queen of the influences, She's navigated her fame with grace, authenticity, and a classically Greek family first vibe, not to mention some serious business acumen. But what don't we know about Martha? Chrissy Castas, please meet the ever surprising Martha Califetitis. Welcome Martha.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was such a good intro.
Speaker 1: So good, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I love the IRL and all the little ingo bits that you've put in there.
Speaker 1: I love that you as surprised as me that you fell in love with somebody, and now that you've got a baby.
Speaker 2: Very surprised by it.
Speaker 3: Every morning when I wake up and it's now you know, now my son and Michael, and I'm just like, this is so weird.
Speaker 1: From a TV show.
Speaker 3: I know. Look, it's not every morning that I think that, but some there are some moments where I'm just like, it's so strange that this guy's like.
Speaker 2: It's just strange. But I feel like life's.
Speaker 1: Weird, yes, and that's what makes it great.
Speaker 3: So and every time, like, do you know what my grandmother always says to me, like she she always brings it up. She's like, you know, in Greek we say like we say a malai yea and am alike you is like something stupid. She goes, look in Greek, She's like, you did a malak Yeah, and look how it turned out so well for you.
Speaker 1: You did a malachia. It's the best thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: She's like, you've done this my like yeah, and look how it's turned out. And I like usually she always like brings up and reminds me and it makes me think, like, oh my god, I know, like I can't believe I went on that show like I would have on maths.
Speaker 1: Has the outcome of that risk, which has been fantastic for you, has that kind of influenced other decisions that you've been faced.
Speaker 3: With, as in like in terms of risk taking, No, I've always been pretty Yeah, I like to take a risk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, you know.
Speaker 3: How they say curiosity killed the cat. My parents always say that to me because I was always very curious still am, and I just yeah, I take risks.
Speaker 1: You have had a baby within the last year. Has that had a catastrophic impact on your life or are you okay, I'm chilling.
Speaker 3: I'm so chill. I'm more chill now with the baby than I was before. Yeah, I'm relaxed. I'm a chilled parent.
Speaker 1: I'm very right. Speaking about your parenting, I read somewhere that you're keeping that private, the way that you parent, and I think that's really smart.
Speaker 3: There's so many mixed opinions. You share one thing and then you have like an army coming for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But also, I just don't think I'm one to give advice on parenting because the way I parent is not it's very relaxed, and I'm just I don't do any of the you know, the sleep training. There's no routines, there's no like and this is what he can eat and this is what he can't eat, and he's not ready for this. I just kind of chill and let him do whatever he feels. And I just kind of obviously I'm supervising he's not like home alone.
Speaker 2: You know, he's.
Speaker 1: Started doing makeup tutorials. He's playing with power points. Yeah, yeah, he's safe.
Speaker 3: But like I just, yeah, I just am really relaxed about it all. So I don't like to really I don't feel like I have much advice to give.
Speaker 2: I just do what feels right. And it's really kind of intuitive.
Speaker 1: And also the last thing you want is advice from other people.
Speaker 3: So I'm happy to listen to everyone's kind of you know, little bits of advice and take it on board. But at the end of the day, I just I guess, I just do what feels right. And you know, it's so funny because like as a mother or as a parent, you are so intuitive when it comes to your kids. Like the other day, he went for a walk with my dad in the prem and when he came back, I picked him up and I was like, he's not well.
Speaker 2: He's not well.
Speaker 3: I knew from like the first sound that he made, the way he looked at me, and then I took his temporature he had a fever. He ended up having a fever for like three or four days, like he couldn't break this fever. And I just feel like it's amazing how intuitive you are, like when it comes to your kids. And I think that's like everyone that has kids, but you know you've got three, Like, yeah, something's not right.
Speaker 1: I'm a big one on smell. I can smell when they're sick because I'm like a bloodhound.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can smell like yeah or something.
Speaker 1: Like last week, Leo was talking to me and I was like, you're getting sick. There's a funny smell or something. Some times their eyes are a different color, like they're just a bit paler than usual, and I'll notice that and then sure enough, in two or three days their lame is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's amazing, But it's just I feel like parenting is something that you need to Like, I don't think there's really a book that you can read or there's like rules that you can follow, because I think every kid's different.
Speaker 1: I agree. I feel like it's a book being written by the two of you and the two of you only yeah, you know, and nobody knows what's coming next.
Speaker 3: Like, I didn't read anything good I had the baby. I didn't read any books about birthing, parenting.
Speaker 1: Good, good to any of it?
Speaker 2: Never do yeah, no, that would be my advice.
Speaker 1: Is never do. Yeah, just my one piece of advice. Don't read the books.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let it be a surprise and surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good. It is good.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: One of my greatest regrets is that I wasn't born Greek and you are. I mean, I'm jealous as hell. You know what? You just get that without even working for it.
Speaker 3: Mary always says, there's Greeks and there's people that want to be Greek.
Speaker 2: That's man, there's the wannabes.
Speaker 1: Can you please tell me, in your opinion being one of the chosen ones, what is the best thing that I'm missing out on by being a boring Australian.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously the food's good, Like, the food's great, But like the thing about Greeks is like they just gal, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, how good is that? What is that?
Speaker 3: It's fucking reacting wrapped in philo pastry baked and then like honey and like syrup is dumped on it, Like how could something.
Speaker 1: More so many processes. It's not many way that women just go whatever. I mean, twenty hours of labor.
Speaker 3: No, if you open up your own Philo pastry. But you can just buy Philo from nowadays, it just comes like, you know, you can just go to Cole's, get the Philo pastry, dump the custard on it, and put in the oven. But if you want to make your own Philo pastry, well, hey.
Speaker 1: Can you make your own feel like I have?
Speaker 3: I've made it with my yea yeah, ma ya Yam makes it. It's it's so crazy if you watch the way Philo pastry is made. Because Maya Ya's about half my height and I'm only five to two.
Speaker 2: She's like the size of this mug.
Speaker 1: And she one of those like Leo when he was literally he had a little door of the explorer step.
Speaker 3: Just their kitchen is built like, oh bless, that's so cute. So everything's like waist height on my love, you'd hit your head on all the cars. I really would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be like that Gulliver's travels.
Speaker 2: But she opens up her own pastry.
Speaker 3: It's wild to watch because she's tiny and the Philo pastry opens up to like the size of like a queen sized sheet, Like it's you know, like that big.
Speaker 1: How does she get it so thin?
Speaker 3: She's got like a it's almost like a broomstick sized rolling pin, but it's not a broom like my grandfather like made it for her. And she rolls it out and rolls it out and rolls it out, and it's like the size of a bed sheet and she opens it on a bench, flower goes everywhere, like we all have to go over and help her clean up after.
Speaker 1: That's a very romantic gift that your grandfather gave your grandmother a handmade Philo rolling pin.
Speaker 3: Roll because she made a lot of Philo pastry to make us all like.
Speaker 1: Keep talking, yeah, some what else? What else have you got? Look of mothers?
Speaker 2: Oh, he was the master of making local mothers.
Speaker 1: So a looka martis if you are, you know, unfortunately not Greek like me, but I know my way around a look of maths. It's basically a syrupy doughnut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a little it's like a little round drop of fried dough and it's really light and like it's not dowey. Actually the inside is very airyan light, but the outside's crisp and like fried dough, and then you drizzle honey on it and cinnamon and some crushed walnuts. Is the way we do it. We're purists. Yeah, it comes to local mothers. We don't do tella.
Speaker 1: You're not fucking around. Tell her on their look of mothers.
Speaker 3: No or syrup for that matter. We use honey from my bubble's bee hive in the backyard.
Speaker 1: Look at you.
Speaker 3: I know. So that's that's why there's Greeks and then there's the wannabes.
Speaker 1: Correct? Are you going to learn all this stuff from your yaya?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I can make the Philo pastry is just really tedious.
Speaker 1: And I have a deep friar in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Do you that's perfect for making?
Speaker 1: Can you teach me how to make so easy? That's what I love the most about people speaking Greek? Is that lazy d th h? Look?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we don't really have a t h. We have a D delta.
Speaker 1: It's my favorite. Yes, can you say a few more words with that? With the the.
Speaker 2: What else can I say?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The microphone.
Speaker 3: I can't think of this, I can't think. Now you've caught me off guard. Oh wait, I can't really think of any with the best. I'm going to come to chat GPT.
Speaker 1: I need this. I need you to do this for me while I watch you do it.
Speaker 2: What about yemists? They're good?
Speaker 1: What are they?
Speaker 3: The stuffed peppers with rice and minced meats and parsley, the herbs.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that. Have you not had I didn't know that that's what it was?
Speaker 3: Oh, you have had them? Though, yes, I was going to say, you haven't lived. What about bustitch or do you know what that is? That's like the Greek lasagna, but it's a hundred times better because there's feta cheese in it and bechamel, although beamel is not very Greek, but you know, busty choice, it's like heaven. My yea ya is like Maya is the best cook, like no one I've gone and eaten at other year. You the's houses right, just hers, heats hard?
Speaker 1: Can I come to have you?
Speaker 2: Every Monday? We have dinner at my ear every Monday.
Speaker 3: She has my mum. My Mom's got three sisters, so there's four of them. They come with their four husbands and they all have like three or four kids each and they all come over so every Monday. There's about thirty of us, maybe more. How many is that?
Speaker 1: And are you all like rude and naughty to each other? I love that about Greek people.
Speaker 3: Polatile and very opinionated about each other. Is the way they look, what they're eating, what they're doing. Are they helping clean? If you don't help clean, or you get crucified because love looks like hate. That's what I love about judgment. Yes, do you take things personally?
Speaker 2: You can't take things personally.
Speaker 1: What is one of the meanest things that one of your family members have said to you?
Speaker 3: Well, they all we're all we all talk about each other's weight, and no one looks like everyone.
Speaker 2: No one's a supermodel.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Everyone's very ordinary looking.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? And yeah, I've seen your family. I would say that none of you are very ordinary. Look.
Speaker 3: Look, no one's super fit, I should say, apart from Michael.
Speaker 2: But he's the odd one out.
Speaker 1: He's like but he's not Greek.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, he's not Greek.
Speaker 3: There's my brother who's like super fit, super lean, very fussy about what he eats.
Speaker 2: He's like the only one for the rest of the family.
Speaker 1: Is he your Mum's favorite.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is?
Speaker 1: How does that feel.
Speaker 2: Good for him?
Speaker 3: I don't want to be married's favorite. She's a fucking ball breaker, Like if I was, no, I could never be physician.
Speaker 2: Myself to be her least favor.
Speaker 1: There's three of you, two girls and a boy. The boy's the favorite, of course. What about out of the girls, are you like the least favorite?
Speaker 2: Probably? Yeah, me and Mary clash?
Speaker 1: Do you well?
Speaker 2: She had me when I was really young, when she was really young? Sorry, how young? Twenty one?
Speaker 1: Oh that is young? So like, where so she resents your existence?
Speaker 3: No? Probably because I stole her youth. I mean, you know, you do the crime, you know what I mean? No, she actually always says like even like because I had Luch I was thirty four when I had Loach, and she's like, oh, I was done having kids at your age. I go, yeah, but I was done living and I was ready to have kids. You can't say the same, you know. She's always trying to like, you know what do you? So? They even give me like cheap shots, like they even say mean things about me having a baby, like Chrissy, mean things about everything. Everything is a mistake, everything's wrong, everything someone else could do better.
Speaker 2: When you're great.
Speaker 1: What's the last insult you've received from someone that you're related to and want the exact words?
Speaker 2: There's so many. How can I think of one?
Speaker 3: Mary? Probably even just on the way here, just before I got here, just insulting me about you know, Oh, I was so organized, My kids were organized. My kids would have been fed and ready for their nap at this time of the day. And your son's still sleeping, like, get him up, start the day and everything?
Speaker 2: Is she done it? She does it better? She was better?
Speaker 1: And does it hurt your feelings? Whatever? I let her.
Speaker 3: Talk like my son's sleeping in People would kill for their kids to sleep until nine am.
Speaker 1: That's true. I kill that's true. Does he get all that delicious food as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He eats everything.
Speaker 1: I hate him.
Speaker 3: He hates everything, Absolutely hate him.
Speaker 1: Do you want to play around of the fixer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What's the fixer?
Speaker 1: I imagine that you would be very good at advice?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and you have mentors for some Greek grizzy exactly, you know everything?
Speaker 1: All right, let's start with this one. Linda has sent him a message.
Speaker 2: I already read it, did you, Yeah? I read it. It's about the dog. Licking the dishes in the dish wash.
Speaker 3: It's honestly, in a Greek household, it's upside down. You be crucified. No one would eat in your house. I'm going to read this. I can't believe you read that. From across the table, Linda says, I need to know if it's okay to let the dog lick the dishes before or even when they're already in the dishwasher. It seems environmentally friendly, but Judge family members think it's disgusting and needs to stop. Please provide a ruling. Okay, Martha Calafatitis, I've grown what you do.
Speaker 1: If you saw a dog licking your plate after dinner before it got washed.
Speaker 3: I never would never eat off that plate again, do you know? Like going back to me being Greek and you know the whole upbringing. We grew up in a very like in a Pino clean house and a domestos house and a Jief house, so everything's spotless.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a hospital.
Speaker 3: Yeah, animals very rarely are even allowed inside the house. Really, most animals are not even like pet like patted like you don't really even touch them much. You just feed them and like scream at them or talk to them or you know.
Speaker 1: That's about it, tell them that they're fat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 1: Did you have pets growing up? Yes, a dog outside.
Speaker 3: I had a dog, but it ended up living with my grandparents and then it stayed outside.
Speaker 2: Yes, and we have a cat.
Speaker 3: Now, but she is an indoor cat that just gets abused all day about everything she does.
Speaker 1: But you just said that they're not allowed inside.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 3: But she's an indoor breed, so we just mary had to get over it because the cat would die outside.
Speaker 1: She must be the most neurotic cat stuck in a house where nobody wants her.
Speaker 3: No, she's neurotic. She's got OCD about cleaning herself. We had to take her to the vet because her fur is like wet all the time because she doesn't stop cleaning herself.
Speaker 2: You know why she's got OCD.
Speaker 1: Because she's not Greek and she's not match fit to deal with the insults.
Speaker 2: Going back to that, is it okay to let the dog? We would never.
Speaker 3: I would never, Like I wouldn't even drink water for I'd go in the bathroom and drink under the tap like that. When I was younger, when I was really young, this is going back. I remember like one day after school my friend I went to my friend's house after school and they had a cat and after and I remember like the cat was was walking on the kitchen bench and the and my friend's mum just lifted the tap and let the cat drink from under the tap. And I remember I told my mum when I got home that I saw that. My mum goes, don't eat anything from that house. Only if it comes in a packet, then you can eat something from that house. And she goes, when you go to the bathroom, don't wipe your hands on the towels, just let them air dry on you because you can't touch because of the germs.
Speaker 1: Grissy, Wow, I had no idea it was that forn fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think.
Speaker 1: It's okay for the cat to drink out. It's like a sprinkler, like a bah. It's not bad.
Speaker 3: But like this is me, this is in the like you know the world according to Mary call right, are you a clean free Yeah? I'm like that too now not as much, not as bad as my mum. Like I touch animals, I love animals. I don't know if I would let them lick off my plate.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. They'd have their own plate that I would clean, and like, you know, but.
Speaker 1: What is your stance on? You know, when you go to someone's house and just before you walk in the front door, some people will say, take your shoes off.
Speaker 3: Well, you don't have to take your shoes off, because Mary will just when you leave, she'll mop and vacuum.
Speaker 1: Does she start while the person is no?
Speaker 2: Because that's bad luck. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've really got a lot to learn about being great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So another thing that's so it's bad like no, well, look, it's it's like it's basically like this. So if you have people come and stay your house, yeah, and then they're leaving when they leave, different if they're coming to visit, but like if they've stayed with you right when they leave, you should never vacuum and mop immediately. You have to wait like maybe a day before you vacuum and mop and clean because it's bad luck. It's like you want them gone and then something bad might happen to them, especially if they've got a fly somewhere or drive somewhere.
Speaker 2: It's like you shouldn't do that. You have to wait because it's bad luck.
Speaker 1: I think that comes from the possibility that you say goodbye, so nice to have you here, and then I'm just imagining, you know, your mum fully naked vacuum cleaner doesn't want to get any germs on her straight away. And then the guests come back because they've forgotten something and they see a full forensic clean because these disgusting people have sullied Mary's house. I think that's why you've got to wait twenty four.
Speaker 2: Well, look, that could be one of the reason.
Speaker 1: I have been I have stayed at somebody's house before, and with a clean freak, and let me tell you, there is nothing more stressful. Oh you can't, You cannot relax, and you do one small thing and you so full of self loathing and hatred. Honestly that the person I was staying with, Cout was absolutely on. It was watching every move I made. If I put a drink down, I would see her see the ring on the table or glow.
Speaker 2: To put drinks down.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, when I allowed to put drinks on the kitchen bench, No, that's what the thing's for, Chrissy.
Speaker 2: You don't put anything on the bench. The benches have to stay clean.
Speaker 1: No, but if you're sitting there and you have a drink.
Speaker 2: Too bad.
Speaker 1: No, you make it.
Speaker 2: It has to be. It has to hover.
Speaker 1: This person I was staying with could not wait in the end for me to leave, and I was still in the house when she got the domestos out and couldn't wait any longer to completely sterilize.
Speaker 2: Do that.
Speaker 1: I had showering it three times.
Speaker 3: No, she wouldn't do that. She's actually become way more relaxed as she's gotten older, and ever since we've had the baby, like now, she just she's changed a lot because it's too bad.
Speaker 1: In a previous life, you were a professional makeup artist. Yeah, and that is a skill that I find like a full on superpower because I have no idea, and I'm obviously an ambassador for Priceline, so I've had to learn pretty quickly what to do. What is your number one tip for women of a certain age? What should we not be doing and what should we be doing well?
Speaker 2: Regardless of age.
Speaker 3: We should all be cleansing our face really well every night, and we should be wearing sunscreen every day. That those two things are the most important.
Speaker 1: What about a double cleanse? Do you double cats?
Speaker 2: I always. Of course I double clan.
Speaker 1: So do you do of course? Do you do like an oil first, absolutely, and then a foaming.
Speaker 3: I don't really do any foaming. I do a double oil cleanse. Wow. Yeah, but I'm very thorough with cleaning and removing the oil. And I feel like, if you're you know, if you don't have that much time and you can't be bothered, just do an oil cleans and then a foaming cleanse.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I do. Yeah, because I absolutely cannot be bothered exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. See I spend like twenty minutes steaming and oiling and cleansing.
Speaker 2: But everyone always is.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, how can you be bothered?
Speaker 2: But it's like I actually enjoy it. I love it. It's like I look forward to it every day. It's like my time for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a podcast on, I might just listen to some music and I just sometimes I just sit and like, look and admire all my products in the cabinet and look at the things I have to do, and just I love doing it.
Speaker 2: I love it. People just don't get it, but I like it.
Speaker 1: Have you had to teach Michael how to do all that sort of shit?
Speaker 3: Look, Michael has like goes through phases with his skin care. But he look, he does more than he used to.
Speaker 1: Are you mean to him like your families mean to you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And at the beginning he would like, you know, just kill it with kindness, And now he's just mean to me too.
Speaker 1: Great. I'm glad you've established cycle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wish we could go back, but because I could have changed, you know, I could have broken it, like the habit with me. But now we live with Mary, so does Michael. We have no Chrissy, we have no chance. We have no chance, Babe. What's like living with your mum?
Speaker 2: She's so fucked.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it.
Speaker 3: Now you couldn't. I'm tad a lot of complaining. I always say to her, like, man, just chill, like you're gonna fucking die ten years early because you're stressing about if you've got clean towels and if everything's perfectly folded, and have you ironed everything like she irons her tea tails, get a grit.
Speaker 1: She should do. I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here. Has she been offered?
Speaker 2: Never do that?
Speaker 1: We just might fix her.
Speaker 3: We just went camping, and we all went for like five six days. Some of them were there for like nine days. Mary came for one night.
Speaker 1: She posted all over Instagram. I'm like it was the longest thing ever.
Speaker 2: She posted for what she came for one night. She took all that content in one day.
Speaker 1: One of the frames is like the last supper. She was like, it was your only supper.
Speaker 3: She went one night early when everyone got there, and then she came home. And then at the end she came at the end for one night. She didn't stay and like do the whole showering in the Murray River.
Speaker 1: Oh, it sounds like fresh hell for me.
Speaker 3: I hated.
Speaker 1: I hate camping so much.
Speaker 3: It was so nice, Chrissy, No, honestly me who has a fifteen step skincare routine, Like if I had loved it was so nice.
Speaker 1: What did you do all day? Chill?
Speaker 2: You just chill, just chill out, like go for walks, swim in the river. You know, I know, can I tell you?
Speaker 1: Just when you said swim in the river, the toes in my shoes went like that.
Speaker 3: Do you know the river you can't actually see through to the bottom of it. It's just like it's murky, so it's it's murky.
Speaker 2: It's that's why I of water. It's so clean.
Speaker 1: You know, people have phobias and whatever. That is my phobia. There is no way that I could if.
Speaker 3: You got it in a river with as no there's no moss, there's no if it's sand on the bottom, if you got that glass right, I can't see you picked up the water in the Murray River.
Speaker 2: It's spotless. It's clear like that, but it's sandy and murky at the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: Who was there?
Speaker 3: So my mum's three sisters the names okay, So there's please don't Mary, who is the oldest. Okay, But her real name is Maria, but she changed it when she was sixteen to Mary because she didn't like Maria. Then there's Effie Fema. Then there's Barbara Vadavada in Greek and.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what is it in Greekvada?
Speaker 1: That's so much better than the Barbara I know.
Speaker 3: And then there's Evyenia Eugenia. But when she was like about six, my mum called her Giggy after Ziggy the star dog on a cartoon show they used to watch, and ever since then everyone knows her as Ziggy.
Speaker 2: Do you have a nicknase Marty.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Marty has Lucius got a nickname his cheeks. I just want to kiss them all.
Speaker 3: So Mary's sisters were there, all their partners were there. Ye, so Vincenzo and.
Speaker 1: That's Italian.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's Italian.
Speaker 1: What's he doing there?
Speaker 2: He's he's a Greek. Now he's Greek?
Speaker 1: Though, Oh is that happen? Does that happen? Doesn't if you spend enough time?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now he's full Greek.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, their kids and then my auntie Barbara, Johnny, her partner, their kids, my us Michael and I Looch then their kids partners come, like the boyfriends and girlfriends come as well.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of us.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of us who did the cooking.
Speaker 2: The boys would just start a fire and we'd just like I have like barbecue.
Speaker 1: Oh it sounds like fresh.
Speaker 3: Like breakfast, you'd have like some toast or like a boiled egg, and then for lunch you'd just have a little snack and then barbecue for dinner.
Speaker 2: It was so nice. We'd like cut some cherry tomatoes, cucumber up.
Speaker 1: How long were you there for?
Speaker 2: Five nights?
Speaker 1: Did you smell?
Speaker 2: Noah? I showered every day in the river. Smell great clean. I had a really nice body wash, the La Larbo Santel. Use that smell great clean.
Speaker 1: Put that in a river.
Speaker 3: Can you put anything in the river. It's fresh water, it's flowing, it's constantly flowing. It cleans, it's cleans itself the river. And then I'd like take my towel and stuff down there, clean myself, and then you put the towel around you. And then I used to like dry my feet at the bank of the river and put ug boots on so I don't get dusty. And then i'd and then nights I didn't do that. Then I would like wipe my feet with baby wipes before bed so my feet aren't dusty.
Speaker 1: Or I could just get a hotel.
Speaker 2: No, it's not the same.
Speaker 1: No, I know it's better.
Speaker 3: It's so not I'm obsessed with camping now. I had the best time. I can't believe that it took me so long to go back to camping. I went ten years ago with my family.
Speaker 1: I was so surprising from you. I just don't think anyone would think that you would camp.
Speaker 2: I no one would think I would camp. No, but I love it. It was so nice. Don't you sometimes just crave to be nature?
Speaker 1: No, you don't know. I don't. And I've had to really be honest with myself about that because I'm a walker and I walk every single day. And when I started walking, you know, there's all these things on Instagram with like, you know, sound bathing in forests and whatever. So I would go and drive in drive somewhere and then walk in nature, and I fucking hated it.
Speaker 2: Oh you want to walk around trams and cars?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What tri and urban walker? I like signs and colors and typefaces and smells of coffee and different people. Nature.
Speaker 2: You need, you need stimulation, Yeah, you need to be what star sign?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Scorpio?
Speaker 3: Oh? Are you? So? I feel like I think everyone's different, but like you obviously like to be stimulated. I'm so highly stimulated all the time with my work and what I do, and I feel like I constantly have to be on and like told me to do and like making content and always being on. And then I just feel like being in nature is like you don't have to be.
Speaker 2: On at all, like that.
Speaker 1: You can also be in your bedroom.
Speaker 2: Nah, you can't. There's too much temptation.
Speaker 3: There's Netflix, there's the phone, There's all this stuff that you can do, and like when you're in the bush, there's no reception. If you want to make a phone call, you want to drive twenty minutes into town.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I hate it. I hate it, hate it so much, so nice.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Wake up every day the kooka bars.
Speaker 1: Wake you up, yack, shut up. Do you have a question for me? You can ask me anything, anything that's come up in this conversation, anything that you've thought while looking at my socials or listening to me on the radio, or meeting me in person. Anything, And you can be brutal. You can be fully Greek about it. I'd like it, Actually, I'd like it because nobody's mean to me. I don't want you to be mean to me. But I imagine that I was Greek and that I understood the way that you speak with brutality and cruelty.
Speaker 2: Would you can't imagine it? It's yeah, Please let.
Speaker 1: Me treat me like I'm Greek. Treat me like one of your Greek girls.
Speaker 3: Can I.
Speaker 2: What can I ask you?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Just really get in this like I'm Greek. Now I'm Greek. You can't offend me in a way that you can, you know, an Australian boring person.
Speaker 2: Oh, Chrissy, what am I going to ask you now? On now that I know you hate camping.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that there is something dancing around your brain that you don't want to ask. You feel like it's not But imagine I was Greek. I could take it. I could take it.
Speaker 3: Have you ever have you ever had a crush on someone like because obviously you're a public figure on like another public figure that we might know.
Speaker 2: No, you haven't. No, I just you don't have to tell us who it is.
Speaker 1: No, I don't operate like that. It's like I'm pre pubescent. Okay, I don't really, I'm not really attracted to anyone.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, you're not attracted to anyone. No, what about your your partner? Were you ever attracted to you?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Never you're fucked. I hope he doesn't listen to your podcast.
Speaker 1: I really, I just don't think I'm wired like that for romance or sex.
Speaker 3: Do you know what? In more ways than like one, you're so much like my father, that would be her answer. Yeah, be like now, I'm not attracted to anyone yeah, shame.
Speaker 1: I feel who broke us?
Speaker 2: I know what happened to you? Guys, what happened?
Speaker 1: Someone hurt?
Speaker 3: You both feel like there's just so much more fun to be had when you don't have a crush on someone. Yeah, okay, I was hoping there was someone maybe you know, we could try and get who it was.
Speaker 1: I had crushes when I was a teenager, yeah, but not as but it was like, you know, Beverly Hills nine or two one oh ster.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, because I was going to try and to Sciphi and trying to guess.
Speaker 1: No, no one, anyone anything else?
Speaker 3: Mmm? Is there someone that you really don't like that we might know, like someone that you despise the public?
Speaker 1: There's people that I'm afraid of, Oh, that you're scared of?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why? And I think someone else would manifest that as like hating them, hating someone. But I don't hate them. I'm scared of them. I'm scared of them.
Speaker 3: Wow. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you have you worked with them? Would you say they're colleagues?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they work. There's maybe I think of one in particular.
Speaker 2: Wow, okay, I can't. I figured like Chrissy Swan is fearless like Warrior.
Speaker 1: Well I don't.
Speaker 2: It's hard when no, you're human, you're human. It's okay, that's a human thing.
Speaker 1: But it's hard for me when someone really passionately dislikes me. I don't understand it. So that's scary to me. Yeah, that is a's fuck, that's just it's weird. It's a weird I don't know what they're going to say or do.
Speaker 3: But to be passionate about disliking someone, that's not a chrissy problem.
Speaker 2: That is their problem.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like, how could I actually don't have anyone that I passionately dislike, I mean, hair enough about anyone to like hate them so much.
Speaker 1: I hate them so much. Yes, So now those.
Speaker 2: Trolls on the internet that like spend their life trolling.
Speaker 3: And hating you so much, Like, I actually don't hate anyone that much because I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 2: All I care about is me my family. That's it.
Speaker 3: Like, if I don't like someone cool, I don't like them, I'm not gonna hang out with them. They're not gonna be around me, They're not gonna be close.
Speaker 2: To it, and that's the end of the Yeah, but I don't passionately that's fucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think that's why it's scary to me, because I don't understand that's jealousy. I don't understand that person's passion to hate someone for starters. So when I don't understand where someone's coming from, I find that's scary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is me too. I actually do think that.
Speaker 3: Like a lot of the like negative comments and things that I see online, I think it's actually quite scary how invested some people are and how much they can dislike, Like it doesn't have to just be meet like I mean in i might read a comment that's so hateful and I'm just like, it's actually scary how much hate this person can manifest inside themselves towards someone else that they I don't even know.
Speaker 1: They don't even know.
Speaker 2: It's scary.
Speaker 1: It's most unusual. Well, the camping loving new mother, I'm thrilled for you for the baby. He's gorgeous. Thank you, and I like that you relaxed about it. Long may that continue. Also, here's my one piece of advice, which you didn't ask for. When people say to you the older Lucius gets because I've got fifteen, twelve and ten now, the one thing that annoys me about other people commenting on parenting and children and families and all that sort of stuff. Is that you don't know me and you don't know my children. So when people start telling you, oh, he likes you now, but wait until he's fifteen, don't believe them.
Speaker 3: I don't as if do not believe them. I've still got the ambilical cord attached to my mother. I'm thirty five, but you're not mean to her, you don't hate her all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: And people will tell you that Lucius is going to turn on you, And my fifteen year old still says I love you mom in front of his friends.
Speaker 3: On the fine that's not an option though for us, that he's gonna turn and hate me, Like, that's not an option.
Speaker 2: It's not an option. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Like and in my family, like, nobody hates their mother their mother is like you worship your mom.
Speaker 1: See, and this is why I wish I was born green.
Speaker 3: No one hates their mom. There's no that's do you want to know something really weird? Yeah, me and my brother slept with my mom in the same bed. I think I was twenty seven and he would have been sixteen. And we'd sleep with her every night in her bed. Is that not the most fucked up weird think? If people knew that, they'd send the children's services even though I wasn't a fully grown adult.
Speaker 1: I think that that's lovely and normal.
Speaker 3: No, that's not normal, Christy. That's because my mom scared us so much that we would sleep with her.
Speaker 1: Ha ha ha, Well maybe that's not normal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were watching Freddy Krueger at like five.
Speaker 3: I remember one day I went to school and it was like show and Tell or something, and the teacher was like, oh, so, what did you do on the weekend. I'm like, oh, we watched Freddy Krueger at my Auntie's house. And my teacher's like, no, you didn't watch that movie. And I told her the whole storyline, and then she had to talk to my mom.
Speaker 1: After school that day, my mom took me to see a film called Fort apache the Bronx, where a prostitute was murdered by a man with raizor blades in his mouth. Yeah, so how old were you?
Speaker 3: Too? Young? Yeah? Five?
Speaker 1: We're fine. Yeah, we're fine. Look, we're fine.
Speaker 3: Look at me.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for joining me, beautiful matha carfe tito, thank you, thank you,