Speaker 1: A lot of its outside. Good morning and welcome to Outsiders, the show that champions the outsider, that person who is not afraid to challenge the orthodoxy, even in the face of being canceled and censored by the authoritarian left. But what happens to those guests? We have champions such as the epidemiologists too, we we alone gave a platform to during the draconian COVID years. And who is demonized even in the Australian Senate. Do they disappear into shame and obscurity? Quite the opposite.
Speaker 2: This is a historic day the conduct of this dangerous kind of function research which aims at taking pathogens and making them more very more transmissalong humans. Many scientists believe as we're responsible for the COVID pandemic.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was our frequent Outsider's guest during COVID doctor J.
Speaker 4: Battaya Batsataria Baticharia.
Speaker 3: Oh we love him.
Speaker 4: He was demonized by the Australian Center, demonized by the Biden administration, and now he's a top member of the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: There's always a danger that in doing this research it might leak out just.
Speaker 1: By accident even and cause a pandemic.
Speaker 2: Any nation that engages in this research endangers their own population as well as the world, as we saw during the COVID pandemic.
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 6: This week saw doctor j Badicharia in the Oval Office alongside Donald Trump as he signed that executive order banning all funding for dangerous gain of function research in certain nations.
Speaker 2: This executive order puts in place of framework to make sure that the public has a say that if.
Speaker 1: Such a risk is being taken.
Speaker 2: That only scientists along won't be able to decide that that in fact, the publicans saying no, don't take this risk.
Speaker 1: And someone else who has gone on to great things since first appearing on Outsiders many years ago as an unknown outsider, a fresh face nobody knew. In fact, it was her first appearance ever on Sky News Australia. Was a young mum from the Northern Territory. Her name just Center Nampajimper Price. She's a senator now and in the best news to come out of this miserable federal election, she has thrown her hat into the ring to be Deputy leader of the Liberal Party and Senator just Into namper Jimper Price will be joining us here on Outsiders this morning for her first interview following the announcement. Also joining us in just a tick will be none other than Senator Matt Canavan, who is challenging for the leadership of the Nationals. What a huge show. So let's get kick off straight off with the latest Outsiders news. Well, Rita and James, all the leaderships are happening this week, very exciting both Matt Canavan. Canavan is going for the Nationals leadership. Let's talk about that first. Riata.
Speaker 3: Yes over due.
Speaker 4: I think it's precisely what we need to see from the Nationals. The Nationals did well at this election campaign, unlike their coalition partners who did horribly. As we've been talking about, it's kind of amusing to hear the likes of the Greens talk about the Liberals becoming Maga extremist, right Trumpian. When the Liberals went into this election with smaller liberal policies.
Speaker 3: Where they were labor like.
Speaker 4: This is what their biggest donors are telling them, are saying, we're pulling our money out because if we wanted the labor like political party, we've already got one. We don't need another imitation of Verneba well, well, yeah, so this every time the Liberals go into an election, whether it's at state level or federal level, and they run on a smaller liberal policies where they try to veer to the center or to the left, and they get absolutely smashed. The advice from the political pundits is, oh, well.
Speaker 3: You're too far right, you need to go more left.
Speaker 4: It is incredibly just asinine. We see it every single time. I've seen it in Victoria last three elections. And let's hope they learn the lessons and we don't have another smaller liberal moderate Malcolm turnbullesque in a skirt leading the Liberal Party. Matt Canavan, I think is precisely what the Nationals need and it will give them some clear policy direction, particularly when it comes to the crucial issue of net zero.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, James, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, look, I'm glad reader that you mentioned the Nationals and their performance in this election, and I'm glad that you mentioned Malcolm Turnable because to me, there's a great analogue between what just happened here in twenty sixteen. Now, the Liberals did not lose government, but they barely hung on, and they only hung on and it killed Malcolm Turnable. Through his entire premiership. That only with the fact that the Nats held every single one of their seats and the Liberals went way backwards. And that's exactly what we had happened here again, but just to a more extreme version. Now Peter does it. Let's be fair to him. He's no Malcolm Turble, right, you know, let's you know, let's.
Speaker 3: Try to this election.
Speaker 6: Well he tried maybe a little bit, but the problem was that there was no articulation of clear liberal values. And the thing is, liberal values are actually very straightforward. They're about liberty, they're about aspiration. They're about you know, sensible policies that help people get ahead, and it's about people making their own choices in their own life rather than you know, as the Labor and the alban Easy government say, the government has to be with you at every step of your life.
Speaker 5: And so these are not complicated things. They're not hard to articulate.
Speaker 6: But my real worry here for the Liberals is that you know, they're going to take, as you suggested, Rita entirely the wrong lesson from this, and they're gonna go and they're gonna say, oh, well, you know, we need to have less and less difference between us and Labor, who has now got the chance to set the dominant narrative in the country, which is very dangerous and I mean Rowan, look you come from the world of advertising. Product in differentiation.
Speaker 5: Is all is what.
Speaker 6: It's a credential system in a country with a voting system like ours that really needs to be clear air. If you go down this sort of small l liberal route where you just try and be all sensible, centrist and a figure that the voters will be attracted to you not the other people, well you know you wind up in the situation as say Mark Speakman is here, who's the opposition leader in New South Wales, who is proudly a centrist and says, oh the part needs to go to the center and dump this and dump that and basically just run again as we all say on this program.
Speaker 5: As Labor light.
Speaker 6: Well, you know Mark Speakman, no one believes that he will ever be premier of this.
Speaker 3: If I live in New South Wales, my vote would be going to the Mints.
Speaker 4: Why would you vote for someone who is half pregnant, someone who doesn't actually have a principled position at least with Labor, even when they go a little bit wacky with some of their policy positions, you know, it's what they believe in. When you've got the Liberals being labor light, it is inauthentic as well as being weakened.
Speaker 1: I think that's the key point. And well there are two key points. One, as James is suggesting, oppositions must oppose not for their own sake, but for the sake of the Australian people. We the people of Australia, have a democratic system that demands an adversarial relationship between the two main major parties. Otherwise we are being short changed. And that's what just happened in the election last weekend. We were short changed, we were ripped off. We were let down by the conservative side of politics who did not put our case forward. And that is a discrace and that must not be allowed to happen. My fear here is that the Liberals are going to do exactly the same thing. I don't know Susan Lay Susan with two s's, or however many essays she's got her name because she's into numerology. I don't know much about her other than she's never stood out as someone that I feel attracted to from the kind of conservative point of view the Liberals must offer us. They failed every time, and I'll be talking about this more later at ten o'clock. Every time they put forward these labor light centrist candidates, they lose big time or just narrowly scrape in. It's not good enough. We have to have a conservative leadership of both parties in the coalition. We must have Matt Canavan leading the Nationals. He's the greatest communicator they have. He's one of the most popular popular politicians I know of. He's clear, articulate, he stands up for positions that people believe in. He's a fighter, he's from the bush, he's from Queensland. Similarly, Angus Taylor and just Enter Price as a ticket together would be fantastic stick You've got you've got the one guy who's got the banking background and you've got the girl from the bush. It comes from the most extraordinary background up there in the Northern Territory. What a terrific ticket for Australians to get behind. We don't need another Canberra kind of you know, focus group driven leader of the Libs because it will end in the usual disaster that they keep offering up it.
Speaker 4: Well, can we just say about Susan Lay, Susan, do we still pronounce the name the same dest?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't think. Yeah, I have some questions about that. I think that's her judgment, so you should have.
Speaker 4: I just think on every key issue where I've noticed her, she has started off in the wrong position after and then has been persuaded or forced or I don't know, looked at the polling and the focus groups and changed her position. That's not being authentic, that's not being principled. I have more respect for her if she's stuck to original positions.
Speaker 3: On the voice she was pro, then she was against.
Speaker 4: When it comes to the Palestine Israel issue, again, we've seen a bit of a flip flopping there when.
Speaker 3: It came just last year. The last year we had that.
Speaker 4: Deeply flawed activist report, the gender wage Gap Report, which Janet Orbrickson ripped apart, I ripped apart, we had senators ripping it apart. Who was standing there saying this is a really important document and corporations have to take note of it. Susan Lay, she's the only one who seems to kind of miss the glaring holes in these activist reports. I think she just is far too comfortable playing identity politics, playing those games. I don't think this is what the Liberal Party need. They need to be They've got a massive rebuild, they need to have someone in the role who's up to the task.
Speaker 3: I don't think she's up to the toss well.
Speaker 6: And you know, beyond that, whoever leads the coalition, whoever leads the Liberals, they need to get back to these first principles, you know. And I just feel like none of the policies that they actually went to the election with really took on this real sort of conflict divisions, because they were so scared of being called, oh, maga Trump conservative right wing, that they didn't actually go out and say, look, there's a cent of Australian Conservative principles which are not maga, but are simply longstanding principles that you are the author of your own destiny. It is not the government and the way labor and it's really dangerous because potentially you could see a decade of labor here where they shift the entire political consensus of this country to one that is a poorer, one that is much more interventionist, and one where the government is with you at every step of the way, and you don't have the chance and the freedom to go and do what you want and build the life that you want, and own the home that you want, and build the business that you want and have that for your kids and grandkids, because instead everything is refracted through the lens of the state, whether it's our powerable, whether it's our education, whether it's regulation, whether it's the fact that really the only things that people do to make money any more is to go into NDIS schemes. You know, it just shows just how intellectually bankrupt labor is. And if the Liberals can't win on that with some straight talk and say you know, that's a nonsense way to live, we will all be poorer and more constrained.
Speaker 5: They don't deserve government.
Speaker 4: And that's what we've been saying all year on this program, and particularly since the election campaign was called because we were as a group aghast at what we were seeing. This was such a lackluster, unprincipled campaign. The only really policy differentiation that stood out was the one that they refused to talk about, which was nuclear energy because they were.
Speaker 3: Scared of it.
Speaker 4: So why would Australian people throw out a first term labor government when you're not even giving them an alternative plan.
Speaker 3: That's clear.
Speaker 4: It was all over the shop. One thing it certainly wasn't wasn't Trumpian. You know what you're going to Dutton and the Liberals were as Trumpian in this election campaign as I'm a natural blonde.
Speaker 3: I mean, it is ridiculous.
Speaker 4: It is such an absurd notion and to and to hear people talk about that is just shows you how divorced from reality James.
Speaker 1: I'll just jump in what is critical for the leadership?
Speaker 7: You see?
Speaker 1: You can't build the sort of party that James is talking about, one based on principles of smaller government, less government interference in your lives, encouraging smaller business and you know, encouraging productivity.
Speaker 5: All of those.
Speaker 1: Things can only come from leaders who believe it in their core and they have to have lived that and believed it all their lives, not looking every five minutes for a focus group to tell them, as Kevin Rudd did, what do I what are my convictions? Said Kevin Rudd. We'll go and have a focus group so I can find out if we have that sort of leadership of the Liberal party. You're doomed. You finished. You have to have leaders who instinctively, like a Howard, like an Abbott, instinctively know what the basic fundamental liberal conservative position is. Sure, you can tinkle with it, you can build on it, whatever, but you have to come from that principle. And those core principles are long established, they're not new. We all know what they are. And unless the coalition fights tooth and nail for those positions, you're not going to win. You're not going to win.
Speaker 6: And the crazy thing here is that they had a roadmap to do this. You know, I was talking to people who were giving them policies, articulated policies on things like income splitting, which would make it easier for our parents and families and women to stay home with their kids and get a tax break off of that, you know, very simple pro family, pro woman policy. They just didn't go anywhere near it. So came close to talking about doing something about the index tax rate, but then Peter Dunt squibbed it at the last bit, said, oh, but it will cost the budget, when it's like no bracket creep costs the taxpayer, and that the focus needs to be on the taxpayer, the productive citizen, not on the budget. You know, deal with that, but you know that would have been again a huge cost of living thing.
Speaker 5: They refuse to go near it. Now, they refuse to.
Speaker 6: Go near all of these things that they just I don't think had the intellectual metal to fight for.
Speaker 4: Because we told them, James, they hadn't done the way.
Speaker 5: It had been done for them. The policy.
Speaker 6: I saw the policy on income splitting, that it was all worked out, it was given to you, that they refused.
Speaker 5: To take it.
Speaker 1: I you surprised. We had Peter Dutton during the Voice thing, during the Voice campaign. Midway through the Voice campaign, go if you don't, let's have a few other voices over hear said different voices in the States. So, I mean it was all focused group driven. You have to have people like this enterprise, people like Matt Canavan who have core beliefs that are unshakable and they will always be their guiding light. Not this kind of all hang on, what are we going to do today? What are the focus groups say, Oh, get rid of that policy. Speaking of one of those potential leaders, someone who I certainly hope that that's smart enough to make their leader Matt Canavan. Senator Matt Canavan joins us. Now, Matt, here you are on our screens, just coming up, and we've been talking about you. What are coincidence? How these things worth? Where have we got Matt? How are you? Matt?
Speaker 8: Good round you? My ears were burning for a reason. Happy Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. We need more moms, more kids, need to get that birth right up.
Speaker 1: Absolutely And I've actually met your mum and she's a great Australian as well.
Speaker 7: Matt.
Speaker 1: You've thrown your hat into the ring for the leadership of the Nationals. Why what do you hope to bring to the party. Why should why should th that's look to you. They did well in the election, obviously they could do better. What do you offer?
Speaker 8: Well, look, Rowan, I'm running because I think we have to end the tyranny.
Speaker 7: Of groupthink in our country.
Speaker 8: Over the last few years, A Paul has come down in our nation, which has not allowed the debate, which has seen any kind of descent from the prevailing views. Somehow disloyal to either the party or to the institutions of global institutions. We've somehow signed ourselves up to and I think Australian people deserve a choice, a proper choice. I don't think we got that at the election because I felt, especially in the Nationals Party, we pulled our punches sometimes we explicitly decided to turn the volume down on our party in an ultimately futile attempt to help the Liberals win seats in the city. That strategy didn't work. So we need a new plan. And I think we need to fight for our country. This is not so much about me or our party. I don't want to fight to save our party. We want to fight to save our country because roan losing right now. We're losing our wealth, We're losing our jobs, were losing our industries, we're losing our culture as people continually take take no real serious defense of what's great about our country and what we've been handed down by our ancestors. And if we don't defend our nation, we're going to hand out a much poorer country, a weaker country, a more divided country to our kids.
Speaker 7: So that's why I'm in this race.
Speaker 8: I think we've got to smash the consensus there on this ridiculous net zero idea.
Speaker 7: It was never going to work.
Speaker 8: Now it's clear it's not working and that most other countries around the world are moving away from it. We should also have no problem in standing up for merit. Why do we have to sign up this ridiculous diversity, equity and inclusion agenda which tries to divide us by gender, by sexuality, by religion, whatever it may be. Let's get back to the principle of individual merit. That'll be the best thing for our country. It's also the best way to treat each individual human being with distinct and unique special attributes. And look, we also need to of course defend our culture to defend our country. It shouldn't be seen to be biggot to want to reduce the immigration rate just because you want to protect Australians first and make sure they have a home. I'm going to stand up for all of those things, fight for those things, and whether I win or lose, I will keep fighting for the Nationals Party, keep fighting for our country.
Speaker 7: And I think we need to have this debate on.
Speaker 3: The tyranny of group think.
Speaker 4: We saw the Liberals refuse to walk away from net zero and really make this a election, a referendum about climate change and the cost of living, the cost of energy. If you do have a Susan lay As leader who is a smaller Liberal, what's that going to mean for the coalition? How strong is the coalition between the Liberals and the Nationals as things stand.
Speaker 8: Look, look, Greta, I'm not going to get involved in the leadership of another party. It's completely a matter for the Liberal Party. Well, of course we'll try and work productively with anybody who's elected, but I really am focused on our right now. Obviously, we've got a question to answer this week and we'll deal with those issues after that. But look, I'm also despite the disappointment last week. Yes, the Nationals Party in relative terms had a better outcome than the Liberals, but we didn't win government.
Speaker 7: That's our goal, that should be our task.
Speaker 8: And while it is very disappointing and disheartening for many of our supporters, I genuinely believe that the next few years could be the most exciting yet for the Nationals Party. I think we have a huge opportunity to sell ourselves in more areas around the country. We already know, given the results in recent elections, that we're very good at running local issues campaigns. Being in touch with our local communities like Michelle Landry, Andrew Wilcox, Colin Boyce down the road, all are here in central Queensland, and I just think we can take that on the road, take that nationally, fight for every different region of this country, because we often do represent people and talk often with people who have to shower after.
Speaker 7: Work, not before work.
Speaker 8: They work tough jobs, not necessarily with some climes, dirty jobs, but just you know, check out Chick's nurses on their feet. They get tired by the end of the day. You know that they're doing it tough. And we're in touch, We're on the ground, we're grounded with those people. And I think it's that kind of campaign to take that choice to the Australian people that we're on your side, where we're going to fight for you.
Speaker 7: And I will always fight for those people.
Speaker 8: Who battle in this country and because by making their life easier, by making their families better, that's how we make our country better too.
Speaker 6: James and Matt, I mean, I want to talk a little bit more about this group thig thing that you articulated there before, because I think that that sums up another way of talking about this whole phrase culture wars, which we always hear from the left, which is a way of their seeing shut up and don't talk about the changes that we're making to the culture. Tell us about what position the Nationals are in and how you square because I think it's absolutely necessary. You have to fight for something for the people, you know, for all the people who are just doing tough, ordinary everyday jobs. That the culture that we exist in matters. That if we don't have a strong culture based on these sort of values of aspiration and achievement and liberty, that we won't actually have the economy that we need to create the prosperity that we deserve in the future.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a good question, James.
Speaker 8: Look, the National's Party, it's not particularly ideological. We're very practical, very pragmatic. And it frustrates me when you're in Canberra. There's a whole different way of talking, which means it's a whole different way of thinking, which means a whole different way of acting. And so people talk about culture wars left or right or moderate and small our liberal and all this other stuff which nobody out in the real ever talks like.
Speaker 7: They don't talk like that.
Speaker 8: And as my colleague Ander Wilcock summed up this week, you did it really well. Sum Up, Yeah, we don't care about right or left. We care about right or wrong. That should be the question before any political part in this country, any country looking to advance itself, is what is right or wrong for our nation.
Speaker 7: I don't care role left.
Speaker 8: I don't care if the idea comes from the left wing, or from trade union or from a right wing conservative think tech.
Speaker 7: I don't care.
Speaker 8: I want the right policies at help Australians and that's what we're always focused on in the National's Party. I think right now we should look at the fact that our electricity bills are soaring, we're losing our industries, we're losing our jobs.
Speaker 7: At at a practical level, whatever.
Speaker 8: You think about carbon emissions, climate change, whether your a right wing or your Trumpian, whatever, who cares about those labels, shouldn't the primary goal of all politicians of your government right now is to lower up power prices. That should be the primary goal of your government because people are suffering from those high power prices. It's feeding through to high grocery prices which are out of control, and then it's also leading to the loss of jobs and industries. Just under this first term of the Labor government, we've lost our plastics industry, we've lost our urear, which is the most important fertilizer industry, and we've lost our nickel industry. And that's just for starters. So I want to get back to that issue. At the election, I felt we designed our energy policy to reduce emissions.
Speaker 7: That's what we spoke about, zero missions, nuclear all that stuff.
Speaker 8: Look, of course it'd be better if we can have lower emissions, but shouldn't we should design our energy policy to reduce power process, not to reduce emissions.
Speaker 1: And man, isn't the problem that under Labor we've got red tape, we've got green tape, we've now got black tape. So we've got all this regulation. So you've talked about things like the live sheep trade being shut down. The gold mine that can you pally big sectors? I lower, you know, who needs a gold mine? I mean we might find some gold down there for some songline B or whatever. It was something indigenous thing. So isn't it all that the sort of stuff which is National's heartland.
Speaker 8: There's got to be absolutely there's got to be leadership here from your government to say, look, we've got to cut through all of this wasteful paper shuffling which is reducing our nation's productivity and ultimately reducing your wages. Real wages for people have gone back a decade under this first labor government, and a big part of that is the rise of a bureaucratic class, both in government and in the corporate world, that is just causing people to do bs jobs, jobs that do nothing. They don't create any wealth, any any productivity, and all they do are a drag on everyone else. And so, for example, the come Off Bank a couple of months ago to set a construction firm a one page.
Speaker 7: List of more than twenty different statements they had to make on things like modern slavery. Obviously ESG.
Speaker 8: If you don't know what ESG stands for, it stands for extreme shortage is guaranteed. You had to fill out forms, your on your relationship, on labor regulations, all this stuff. And they just wanted to build homes, this firm, and they're being asked to solve to solve global climate change. I don't know if they had to solve the Middle East peace crisis as well, but it is just an utter absurdity. Why don't we let someone who wants to build homes just build homes focus on that. Why don't we have the Department of Infrastructure in canber just focus on building roads, whereas under this government, every road they build they have to assess for its impact on climate change. Well, I've just drove the driven the Bruce Highway probably about five to six times in the last couple of weeks and it is an utter, utter disgrace, a national disgrace. Why don't we just fix that?
Speaker 7: Fix that?
Speaker 8: And I don't know about climate change, but I think we should focus on what we can control and focus on making people's lives better in a practical sense.
Speaker 1: And also, sorry, Matt, the only roads that are perfect are the beautiful roads going to windmills and solar farms which are decimating the Queensland country side. But anyway, reta just.
Speaker 4: A quick post mortem from you, and just if you can give us an insight into what was happening within the coalition, because we were obviously very frustrated throughout the campaign, wondering when we were going to see these big policies where we were going to see real points of differentiation why do you think the coalition, the Liberal Party in particular, chose to run the policy platform they did, where for the average person it was hard to tell the difference between the two parties.
Speaker 8: Well, I wish I could give you an inside view, but Rider, I haven't been on insiders, I think for six or seven years.
Speaker 7: I'm an outsider like you.
Speaker 8: I obviously had different views on what policies we should take the election on the different fronts. But look, so I don't exactly know. I don't know. I wasn't in the discussions in the room there, I do think, and I'm speaking generica then, sorry, not about necessarily this campaign, but I do think there's been perhaps an over emphasis on saying you have to stay on message and you just have one message, and there's not enough space I suppose people's minds for multiple things.
Speaker 7: Well, there's always a little bit of truth in that.
Speaker 8: I do think perhaps we need to get with the media times. You know, people are no longer just watching the six o'clock news every night. There actually is a bit of bandwidth here for some more detailed conversations. We certainly saw that in the presential election last year with long form podcast What have you. So, you know, I think IS trained people that have a hunger and openness for a little bit more detail, a little bit more of a conversation and a debate, and rather than just to focus on the ten second soundbites, which may have worked really well twenty years ago from a political tactical point of view.
Speaker 7: But you know, I like to have discussions.
Speaker 8: I like to get into the detail of things because it's only by doing that you make the right decisions. Of saying, that's what we should be focused on, making right decisions for the is range people.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt Canavan, I hope the National Party Room makes the right decision. I can tell you that if my mailbox has anything to go by, the hunger to see Matt Canavan leading the National Party goes across this nation, the width and breadth of this nation. People are so desperate to see you in that leadership role, Senator Matt Canavan. So good luck they're in the party room. And thanks for coming on Outsiders, and we'll speak again soon after the break Rita's Reality Check. Lots more here on Outsiders and just sent to Nama Jimp for Price will be joining us here on the show.
Speaker 9: For sure, watching Outsiders with your hosts Rowan cognitively robust, d James Marbles Intact Morrow.
Speaker 3: And I'm Rita Panahi And soon we'll be.
Speaker 4: Delving into the world of net Zany with revelations that the Antarctic ice sheet, rather than disappearing, has lately shown signs of record breaking growth.
Speaker 3: But first, this week, as Donald.
Speaker 4: Trump was negotiating trade deals with the UK and brokering peace between Pakistan and India, we heard from the former Leader of the Free World, who, together with chief Elder abuse enabler Doctor Jill, appeared on the Lunatic Asylum masquerading as a TV show called The View. This was to show that far from being a puppet President Joe Biden was and is cognitively sound sharp as attack. It went about as well as you'd expect.
Speaker 10: The project the benefits the world having best instructional How do you need the world without of the best healthcare role? How do you need the world without having the best educations in life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have that and no idea what he is trying to say.
Speaker 4: They're not even sure that our doctor Jill can interpret that mess. But Jill did step in to save the day when Biden was eventually asked about his mental decline. Poor Joe rattled off some lies about an insurrection, blamed Trump for the COVID pandemic unleashed by.
Speaker 3: China, before handballing the question to Jill.
Speaker 1: This is just.
Speaker 11: Sad, deeply sourced from democratic sources that claim in your final year there was a dramatic decline in your cognitive abilities in the final year of your presidency. What is your response to these allegations? Are these sources wrong?
Speaker 10: They are wrong. There's nothing to sustain that number one. Number two, you know, think of what we were left with. We left with the circumstance where we had an insurrection. I started not sense the civil war. We had a circumstance where we were in a position that we well, the pandemic because of the incompetence of the last outfit, end up over a million people dying, million people dying. And we're also in a situation where we found ourselves unable to deal with a lot of just basic issues. And I won't go into it in interest of time. And so we went to work and we got it done. And you know one of the things that that well.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, one of the things I think is that the people who wrote those books were not in the White House with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, Jill.
Speaker 4: Yes, it really was that pitiful as Joe and Jill sat there and claimed that he would have won the election if he ran against Trump. And when I asked why Kamala Harris didn't manage to prevail for the answer was as predictable as it was asinine.
Speaker 10: I wasn't surprised because they went the route of the sexistuit of the whole room. I mean, this is a woman, she's this, she's that. I really I've never seen quite as successful and a consistent campaign under cutting the notion that a woman couldn't lead the country, and a woman of mixed race, and they played that a failure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kamala squandered one point eight billion to lose every swing state, to lose the Electoral College and the popular vote because of racism and sexism.
Speaker 3: If that appearance on the view was to prove to.
Speaker 4: The American people that the Democrats and their propaganda arms in the media didn't cover up the biggest scandal in modern history that the President of the United States, the commander in chief, was mentally incapable of performing the role well, if that was the goal, it was a massive failure because every doubt you had about Joe Biden was confirmed by that appearance. And let's be honest, Yeah, Biden's cognitive decline didn't occur in the final year of his presidency. It was evident, clearly evident during the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 3: Campaign and even well before that. Remember this, and it get hard.
Speaker 12: I got lin it, I got hairy legs.
Speaker 13: That turned that that that that that turn blonde in the sun.
Speaker 1: And the kids used to come up and reach in the pool and.
Speaker 7: Rub my leg down.
Speaker 13: So it was training that watch the hair come back up again.
Speaker 1: They look at it. So I learned about roaches.
Speaker 13: I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I loved kids jumping on my lap.
Speaker 4: Look, he learned about roaches, He learned about kids jumping on his lap, and he loved kids jumping on his.
Speaker 3: What's so hard to about that? I mean, corn Pop gets it.
Speaker 13: Corn Pop was a bad dude and he ran a bunch of bad boys, and I did.
Speaker 12: And back in those days and shot things have changed.
Speaker 1: One of the things he had to use.
Speaker 13: If you use palmate and your hair, you had to wear a baby cap and so he was up on the board, wouldn't listen. I said, hey, Esther, you off the board. I'll come up and drag you off. And I walked up to my car and they had those days, used to remember the street race. You bang them on the curb, Get him rusty, put him in the rain barrel, get him rusty. And I looked at him. But I was smart then.
Speaker 1: I was smart.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Joe, you were smart back then with the rusty raizor blades in the rain barrel. But sadly, you, whoever pulled your strings, presided over the most disastrous presidency.
Speaker 3: In modern his streets.
Speaker 4: Time to go back to the beach you spent most of your presidency at and allow forty seven to clean up your mess.
Speaker 1: Fantastic and it's so good those clips. And we were talking all the time. We talked about Biden's decline here on this show, Donkey Byte for years, years and years, and right wing trumpions, oh, I don't understand what a great president Biden is.
Speaker 6: Wall you remember that when they would saying, oh, you know that was fake news. And remember there it was the moment like deep fake and all this sort of thing, and there was a moment at the G seven, remember when he wandered off and the Manuel about Crown just had to Cady go like this and pull it back in the frame because he just going over and he was sort of saluting the air somewhere and it was like Wall's and they were like, no, no, no, no, no, this is fake news. This has been deceptively edited and everybody.
Speaker 5: So here's the thing.
Speaker 6: All of these commentators, all of the people who are writing these books and all these expose as now, they were the ones who were saying that, oh, you know, these probably fine.
Speaker 5: And remember Joe Scarborough for.
Speaker 6: MESSNBC, this Joe Biden is the best Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: Probably He made.
Speaker 4: Another big call this week, so he said the AOC was very the leader of the Democrats, the future visionary.
Speaker 6: Please God, yes, please AOC be the future of the Democrats.
Speaker 4: The rewriting of history here is incredible. Then you've got a figure like Jake Tapper, who was part of this cover up, who facilitated it, who attacked people who questioned Joe Biden's cognitive decline when he pends a book saying no, no, this was terrible and I had nothing to do with it please.
Speaker 3: You cannot allow that she fixed.
Speaker 5: That was the free.
Speaker 1: Now I want to talk more about the leadership because the leadership of the Liberal Party is absolutely critical. And if you're in the Liberal Party and you don't understand how important this is to the people of Australia. If you think it's some sort of tricky thing to advance yourself, forget yourself on or the focus groups or your mates, the investor group or whatever. You're making a huge mistake. If you get this wrong. You really let Australians down. You let them down last weekend. Don't let them down again this week. Just going to say a couple of things. Campbell Newman has sent me a text talking about Susan Lay, and I'll quote Campbell Newman from when he was so the Federal Environment Minister that this is talking about Susan Lay, a federal Environment minister that overturned Campbell's high value a project that his governments had approved for Cape York. It was meant to provide real jobs and economic opportunity for Aboriginal people in remote communities. And Susan Lay was led by the nose by Canberra bureaucrats in the Department and killed the project using the environmental protection et cetera, et cetera, absolutely disgraceful. In Campbell Newman's opinion, he goes on with some other things as well. I'd just like to say about Angus Taylor. I thought pretty much the only highlight during the election campaign, with the various debates and so on, was how Angus Taylor took the fights up to Jim Chalmers. I thought it was a very impressive debate. I thought that was one of the few highlights though.
Speaker 6: Sorry, can I just inject a little bit of you know, we just we all just watched the same campaign here, and just a moment ago, we were talking about the economic policies, you know that the Liberals brought to the table and I'm sorry, but you know, he was the shadow treasurer, and what did we have in the way of prosecuting a real case for tax cuts and smaller governments. You know, they got all modeled up on working for home and you know, cashier in public service. That was it, and then you know you get a little bit of fuel excise tax cut. They really really really need to get their act together in terms of really figuring out There was a chart in The Economist this week they worked out that Australia has more public service per capita than just about any other developed nation.
Speaker 1: And it was a year ago that I had Angus Taylor at a Liberal Party event which I hosted. It was a debate where he clearly made the point that it would be Liberal Party policy to cut the number of public servants in Candra by thirty six thousand, and that was a commitment. Now, you can blame Angus Taylor and you can blame Susan Lee, both of them were deputies in the election campaign, but the blame has to sit with the lead of Peter Dutton and the HQ that ran that. Yes, of course criticize a lot of you're right to criticize, but any criticism I'm afraid that the Liberal Party have to be recognized that any criticism of Angus Taylor, they can also apply to Susan Lay who is the deputy during that election.
Speaker 4: Of course, but I think in my mind Angus Taylor's performance during the election campaign was underwhelming, to put it mildly, But if the choice is between him and Susan Lay, well it's Angus Taylor every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Speaker 3: It's no question. If you want to rebuild the party, if you want.
Speaker 4: To actually have any chance of holding labor accountable for the next three years and actually being in a position to take a policy platform that sound to the next.
Speaker 3: Election, you need to start today.
Speaker 4: You can't just write off the next couple of years and say well, we'll have a different leader by the time the election.
Speaker 1: Into what we're wrong.
Speaker 3: To start get running exactly.
Speaker 4: And I think I'm going to be talking to just into an Abergen Price shortly. But Angus Taylor, just Enterprise, that's the team to rebuild the Liberal Party.
Speaker 1: That's what excites the liberal part of the voters out there, Coalition voters out there. There is no question. If I don't know what your two inboxes are like, but my my in box has been flooded with people going, yes, please, we want Matt Canavan, we want just enter Price, and we want as you said, we'd rather Angus Taylor any day over. So you know what's going to happen if if you want, if you want your focus groups listen to the actual people of Australia. That's who usual.
Speaker 6: But there's a real danger though, I mean, think about what happens if Susan Lay does get up as leader, and let's think about what happens then if Matt Canavan gets up as leader in the NATS, what happens to the coalition?
Speaker 4: Hoped that coalition possibly hold. Only last year Susan Lay was attacking Matt Canavan over that gender wage gap report because Matt Canavan and Alexantique and others very smartly actually had a look at it, saw the massive flaws in the entire report, suggesting that you know, women are being systematically discriminated against doing exactly the same roles, the same hours, but getting paid less when we know that's not happening when you actually look at what the data represents. And that's just one issue, but just about on every consequential issue, James, I think there's a split between those twos.
Speaker 5: There's a very big difference.
Speaker 6: But you know, there's also a real worry because within the Liberal Party, and I know coming out of New South Wales and the moderate wing of the party here in New South Wales, there is a push on to make sure that whoever the leader is basically abandons any difference between the Liberals and the Labor Party on energy. It says we will just go along with Labour's targets and take that issue entirely off the table as a point of difference. Now, big renewables investors will do very very well.
Speaker 5: Off that the rest of us not so much.
Speaker 6: And that's why we need that point of difference on energy, because energy is just a transfer of Well, just quick to these go.
Speaker 1: No, I'll just pick up on James's one hundred percent correct and we will know on Tuesday if the Liberal Party go for Susan Leigh and ignore the opportunity of Angus Taylor and just enterprise. You, the Liberal Party, have shown that you are completely in the pocket of the renewables investors. You're no different to the Teals. That is what you will prove to us on Tuesday. It's up to you. You either support the people of Australia or you support your renewables investors mates in the hedge funds. Your choice, but we are watching and we will not let you forget that choice ever.
Speaker 4: And let's not forget also, because the Liberals have now lost two elections embracing net zero. Before that that had a climate change election, they won the winnable election nineteen because they said we are going to prioritize affordability and reliability over emission targets. Now they won that debate. That wasn't that long ago. That was not that long ago, twenty nineteen. Since then, we saw Scott Morrison last time we betrayed.
Speaker 1: He did a U turn, he for traded. I'll be talking about that and shortly. But yeah, absolutely one hundred percent from Rita and this Liberal Party. All eyes of Australia are on you. You back your renewables investors, mates, and we will never ever ever let you forget it. So make the right choice. We're going to take a short break now, Sorry, we'll be coming back and lots more to talk about. Let's any and we'll have just Center Price on the show shortly in a tea. You're watching Outsiders, and thank you so much for watching Outsiders every Sunday morning. And Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. We have many mums who love watching Outsiders and we really appreciate the fact that you do. Net Zany is the zany world of net zero. We were talking about it with Matt Canavan earlier. Net zero policies are an absolute obsenity. What they're doing to people. But it's all based on the premise that the ice caps are all going to melt and that the seas are all going to rise, and this doomsday scenario on this show. We've never accepted that premise. And now we learn that the James Nrita, the Antarctic ice has made a surprising rebound in mass. Sciences say and antactic ice sheet has shown signs of record breaking growth after decades of contributing to global sea level rise. Yeah, has experts revealed their theories why. I study published in Science China Earth reveals between twenty twenty one and twenty twenty three, the AIS gained mass at a rate of one hundred and eight gigatons per year, a remarkable reversal from previously RITA games Well, yes.
Speaker 3: Record breaking growth.
Speaker 4: We have to send out commiserations to the little doom goblin, Greta Thunberg. She will be devastated, but you know what, she's moved on to other issues. She's got Palestine pro Palestinian anti Israeli activists these days, so maybe she doesn't care about this.
Speaker 5: Maybe she's good.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just waiting to find out which side in India Pakistan is going to take because you know.
Speaker 1: That's a hard one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a hard one.
Speaker 4: A lot of the lefties who you know, very eager to put little symbols on there.
Speaker 6: We haven't had any flags in anybody's Twitter.
Speaker 5: Pakistan.
Speaker 6: I stand with India where I need to know what do I put in my ex head or to show that's a good right on person.
Speaker 1: Someone who has not been such a good right on person was the BBC James who they've edited. So they tried to claim that they have made some net zero claims. It turned out to be false.
Speaker 4: Well, they corrected Richard Tye, the from Reform UK, the Deputy leaded there. He said only four percent of global warming was you know, tripable attributable to mankind, man made, and very quickly corrected by Fiona Bruce, the host of the program, saying oh no, no, no, it's thirty percent or whatever. She and they've just quietly gone back and edited that out because yeah, it turns out, yeah, Richard Tys may have been right.
Speaker 1: That's of course he was right, and that's it's worth making the point that reform in the UK is absolutely going gangbusters. As we've talked about last week with Myron and you'll be seeing a lot more of that. And it's based on tackling net zero, which in the UK is devastating life in the UK, and even Tony Blair has come out and said oop net zero, that's that's got to go. So it is a political issue and Australians want to bury the Liberal Party wants to bury their head in the sand and to point someone like Susan Lee to be the Lee. It's Lee apparently Lee. But the way she spells the name two s is in Susan, which is Suzanne to me, but no, it's too you know why, it's the two s's. You know why?
Speaker 5: Why is that?
Speaker 1: Because she believes in numerology, and numerology is this weird thing that went on through the advertising world in the nineties, which is why if you put an extra letter in your name, you get an extra number and that adds up to whatever. It's Sorry, Reds and Marcus Jackson can sus.
Speaker 6: And been on this here because you know what's really funny to be here about, you know, labor and the left of the Greaves and all the sort of the woke left media out there, is that they have it picked up on this bit of New age wo. If you get a politician, well, I've seen a few attempts in some you know, dirt sheets to put it out there, but you know, pretty much they've left that one alone. It's so funny because it's like, you know, if she'd gone out there and said, oh, I have a professed Bible believing Christian, it's like they'd be going like, oh, new.
Speaker 5: Berology, Yeah, okay, we can talk there. You know you got a new age WU.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine getting up yes in my name because that's going to change what precisely.
Speaker 1: Which it's like astrology and type numbers in the universe R H I T A.
Speaker 3: Because it's like the letter h.
Speaker 6: Hey, can we tell you it's a club your university think which the university thing?
Speaker 3: But can we just say about our friend Susan two.
Speaker 5: Ss yes please.
Speaker 1: I call it? This goes with that, as this goes with that at Susanne, Yes, we've got the ad we might have before we do that. We got there and.
Speaker 5: We don't have the singer for you.
Speaker 1: This goes with that at Susan. So at the party room, they could go, well, let's this goes with that Anderson just sent.
Speaker 4: The alternative prime minister thinking that adding letters to your name random Lee at the age of forty odd fifty odd is going to change your fortunes. And let's not forget the reason she was demoted. And there was a fairly significant political scandal over using taxpayer funds to travel to Queensland to purchase a investment property. Again, that is something that hasn't been spoken about much. But I guess what if she becomes leader and we talked about incessantly, So let's just put it all.
Speaker 3: On the table.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Okay, Wacademia, James, You've got a good story.
Speaker 5: Oh I love this here.
Speaker 6: So Columbia University, which of course was you know, one of the brown zeros of at the Semitic jee hatred and pro Hamas pro Hezbollah protesting last year. Well, now you know the Trump administration has come out and said we're going to cut some of these grants here that we've been giving you. Now you're seeing some protests that they've just had this past week at Columbia, and now as a result, they're going to be saying they're going to cut as many as one hundred day staff members. Now't know whether it's professors or janitors or God helpers, some of those bloated administrators that have helped run Columbia down from a proud institution to what you're.
Speaker 5: Seeing on your screen.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 5: The fascinating thing here two things.
Speaker 6: Number one, Columbia has a fourteen point eight billion dollar US endowment, so that's like twenty billion Australian dollars. So like the idea that a few government grants is going to cause them great pain and penury, it's.
Speaker 5: A bit of a nonsense.
Speaker 6: But the other thing too, when you saw those protests there on the screen, well, this time around, rather than letting the protesters come in and destroy the library and in camp for days and weeks and months, instead, this time the universe said, okay, we've actually got to get serious.
Speaker 5: They lock the protesters.
Speaker 6: In the library, only let them out if they had a university ID, and the dozens and dozens who didn't were arrested for trespassing. Many of them are in the country on visas, and the Secretary of State has said we are kicking them out. So I think that there has been a real sea change in the way universities of America deal with this stuff. And it is about time. And that's a really good change that we are seeing under the trop administration.
Speaker 3: Just a side note on that.
Speaker 4: What was interesting the numbers who were arrested that day and identified overwhelmingly female.
Speaker 3: And again we've got to not discount liberal.
Speaker 4: Maybe if the liberal has just become a little bit more left wing, all these feral far left women will start voting for them.
Speaker 3: That is something we've got to start talking about.
Speaker 4: We are seeing men, young men increasingly go right, but we are also seeing young women.
Speaker 3: Go very left.
Speaker 4: And this activist left is feral left phenomenon amongst leftist women, I think is something that's under discussed.
Speaker 1: I agree we need to discuss it after the break. We're going to take a short break after the break. Senator just Center Caampa Gym for Price joins us in a tick. Hello, you're watching Outsiders with Rita stand for nothing and you'll lose Panahe James, mediocrity is death. Morrow and myself Rowan ban the bedwetters Dean. Over the next forty eight hours, the Coalition opposition has a chance to turn the savage loss of last weekend into a victory for the future. I have long argued that there is plenty of great conservative talent on the opposition ventures most but by no means all of it in the Senate, and that what the Coalition leadership and HQ keep offering us is not what the people actually want. All of this will change if Matt Canavan becomes Leader of the Nationals, and just since a NAMPA Jim Price becomes deputy leader to Angus Taylor. Leaving the Liberal Party in twenty thirteen, Tony Abbott, a conservative conviction politician who espoused Mensian values and spoke common sense one government for the Coalition in a landslide.
Speaker 14: I can inform you that the government of Australia has changed for just the.
Speaker 12: Seven you obviously enjoyed hearing it. So let me say it again. The Government of Australia has.
Speaker 1: Changed weirdly and unforgivably and twenty fifteen are kind of collective madness to call the Liberal Party, and that's being polite. That landslide winning Conservative Prime Minister Tony was replaced by a man of no conservative convictions who had even toyed with joining the Labor Party, a man beloved of the ABC and The Guardian. His career spawned in the hedge fund world of Goldman, Sachs and the dot com boom, and from that moment the rot set in. Since that time, the Liberal Party has been cursed by slick marketing, focus group driven types who use the Liberal and National parties not for the benefit of mensies, forgotten people, not for Howard's battler's, not for Tony's trades, but for a kind of globalist renewables investment, progressive, woke, labour light teal wanta be crowd who are only interested in what their mates and the hedge funds tell them to do. At the following election in twenty sixteen, Malcolm Turnbull lost nearly all of Abbot's seats. He then sulked in his Harbourside mansion all night long and had to be coaxed out by Alan Jones to come and deliver what was a bitter and angry victory speech.
Speaker 15: But by this stage it's about midnight, and eventually he has to go to the hotel. He arrives too late, too unhappy. One of the paradoxes is he's won the election, but he acts as though he's lost the election.
Speaker 1: Malcolm Turnbull then wasted most of his prime ministership on frivolities like same sex marriage and trying to cobble together a failed energy policy which clearly the public were unimpressed by, so much so that the Liberals then turf Turnbull outs and installed Scott Morrison. Turnbull wallowed in self pity and self delusion, telling my old boss at the Spectator, Andrew Neil, that he'd been dumped, discarded like a spare dish on a lazy Susan because the Liberals feared Malcolm would win election.
Speaker 16: But you were famously the centrist MP, and yet you were still the fourth Australian Prime minister in eight years to be discarded. Well you're got an example of a centrism in retreat.
Speaker 1: Well well yeah, but basically you could argue that their concern was not that I would lose the election, but rather that I would win it.
Speaker 16: You're telling me your own party didn't want you to win the next lee.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying if you analyze credit. Well yeah, no, Andrew Neil was right, that was not credible. But the point here, jokes aside, is that as Andrew Neil had spotted, Turnbull was the Altar's centrist. He represented the whole concept of a centrist government as opposed to a conservative one. I'll get back to that in a minute. Scott Morrison, who replaced Malcolm Turnble, went on to win the twenty nineteen miracle election, as I and Iileen had predicted he would. I have always believed in miracles, except, of course, it was no miracle. Morrison won because he promised not to go any further on net zero than Australia had already committed to. He repeatedly maintained throughout the twenty nineteen election campaign that Australia would comply with what it had already signed up to, but would go no further. This was not a centrist position, This was an acceptable Conservative compromise position. But to use a biblical metaphor, as Scott Morrison was so fond of, eighteen months after his miracle election, at COP twenty six in Glasgow, Morrison became Judas Iscariot and betrayed the solemn pledge he had made to the Australian people and his Conservative supporters. In particular, he signed us up to net zero. Why because both he and Josh Fredenberg repeatedly told us some obscure hedge fund managers overseas had told them to so forget the Aussie butler Scomo was now dancing to the so called centrist moderate tune of the overseas investment mob. The world is changing and the world's response to climate change is changing the world. It is changing the global economy. What nonsense. It was a catastrophic mistake. Morrison made a fool of himself at the Glasgow conference and never recovered from that fundamental, fatal betrayal of the Australian people. Seven months later he was ditched and defeated by Anthony Albanesi.
Speaker 17: Would a coalition government remain in the Paris courts, Yes, we will, and I've said that.
Speaker 1: I'll get back to that in a second. Meanwhile, even Tony Blair in Britain is now advising dumping net zero, as Trump, China, Russia, India and all the large industrial economies are doing. After Scott Morrison, we've got Peter Dutton. Peter Dutton pledged to remain in that Paris agreement regardless as you just saw, of the incredible financial harm it is doing to everyday Australian households. Excited to stay in complete madness, The lesson here for the Coalition should be simple. Every time they have gone down the so called centrist moderate route, governed by focus groups, driven by pandering to the ABC and the Guardian, and by fear of the left so called progressive zeitgeist, they have been soundly defeated or just narrowly scraped in. In nearly twenty years, the Coalition have only had two impressive victories, both born of conviction. Every other election recentrist small target, don't rock the boat, pander to the left, listen to the focus group's platform or candidate the Coalition have run has failed abysmally.
Speaker 5: Now, we didn't do well enough during this campaign.
Speaker 1: That much is obvious tonight and I accept for responsibility for that. No, PD, you certainly did not do well enough. You actually deceived us, we the Australian people. You were a conservative during the Voice or pretended to be, which you won handsomely, and then veered straight back into the Labor lights center where you lost disastrously. We were all duked into thinking you might actually pursue an anti labor, aggressive conservative and common sense agenda, but you didn't. You made a joke of Australia by scampering away from anything vaguely who Trump and worms so scared even the wonderful statement make Australia great again. How could you argue with that? Because some snotty kid running a focus group told you it was boxic to be associated with Donald Trump. Peter Dutton, when the chips were down, was just another moderate, just another centrist, driven by fear of the focus groups, fear of the ABC and fear of the Guardian, fear of the left not good enough. This was an election driven by fear, and the punters spotted it. You could see it in Peter Dutton's eyes every time he spoke on that miserable campaign. You could see it in the eyes of those few MPs permitted to say just a few words hope, I don't get it wrong. If I may paraphrase my mate Rich show, Eventually the mob will see the fear in your eyes. If the Nationals and Liberals now this week are idiotic enough to elect yet more so called centrist or moderates to lead them, you are doomed. Coalition MPs have a very clear choice this week in both party rooms. Centrism monitorism has brought you nothing but grief and failure, and more importantly, centrism has let down the silent majority of Australians who long to vote for conservative common sense values time after time. From the high point of twenty thirteen, it's been a long, slow, miserable decline, fueled by pandering to moderates to the misery of last weekend. If the Coalition want the voters to return the lesson is crystal clear. Change tac and elect conservative leaders who will fight too and nail for true conservative common sense values unashamedly, not fearful. Those values at Menzies fought for for the forgotten people being crushed yet again under the oppressive socialist nightmare of a labor government. I urge all Australians who care about this country that I view on the Coalition to win back government from this labor horror show, not in nine years, not six years, but in less than three years. The fight begins today, It begins tonight. It begins when you have leaders who are fearless, who understand everyday Australians and who will fight for them with passion, with verve, with common sense, and refuse absolutely refuse to endlessly pander to the camera bubble of focus groups and research power points just sent to Nampa. Jimba Price won the hearts and minds of two thirds of the nation during the astonishing Voice referendum. She is from the bush, her upbringing an astonishing and unique Australian tale. She is that rare politician, a person who is smart as a whip, but just speaks good old faired incer mo osie common sense and cuts through all the political bs coalition and died. The country are blessed to have her in our parliament. Both Matt Canavan and Angus Taylor are born leaders nothing from both from the bush, both rock solid Conservatives who aren't beholden to the big end of wokedown. So I say contact your Liberal and national local MPs today tomorrow and urge them to elect Matt Canavan to the leadership with nat Angus Taylor and just sent the NAMPA Jimper Price to lead the Libs. Let's make Australia great again. Did I say that? Speaking of which, Shadow Minister for Indigenous Australians just sent a Nampa Jimper Price joins us. Now just seems great to see you. Congratulations, You've thrown your hat into the ring. For the deputy leadership of the Liberal Party. Tell us why tell us what you think Australia needs that only you can provide.
Speaker 18: Well, good morning Rowan, and good morning to all the sky viewers are today. Yes, I have made the decision, and the decision wasn't taken lightly. Of course, I did it with a lot of consultation, particularly with my family. My family are so important to me, my husband Colin, my sons, they are who are important to me, and I wanted to make sure that I was doing this fully knowing that we were going into this as a family, because that is to me a fundamental value that we need to get back to, certainly in this country, and we need to be able to support families. Now, obviously we've had such a heartbreaking loss and from that, you know you were right in saying that we ran an election driven by fear and that should never have been the case because the Australian people could see that some of us had some wonderful policies, but we were stifled from being able to give that message tell Australians what it was we were providing what we had on offer and do it with conviction.
Speaker 19: That was a lost opportunity.
Speaker 18: Now after the result of their referendum, it was evident what we needed to do.
Speaker 19: Instead of looking at the polls and thinking.
Speaker 18: Look, we're not going to win this, we had to get in there and actually change the narrative, lead the narrative in the argument, and also hang around the neck of the Prime Minister his failings pin his lies to him.
Speaker 19: That is what we needed to do.
Speaker 18: And so, you know, I'm very passionate about our country and the direction in which it is going because I've seen how socialism has destroyed the lives of those that I love in remote communities, and with the Labor government now in power for three more years, it is the most marginalized who miss out the most, you know, let alone every.
Speaker 19: Day Australians in all of this.
Speaker 18: And so I guess the fighter in me feels, you know, I'm obliged to step up.
Speaker 19: You know, I've had a blessed life. Although I've overcome much.
Speaker 18: Disadvantage in my life as a single mother who raised three kids as a teenage mother, you know who's had I've got four beautiful sons. Now I've understood what it meant to struggle, but to also understand my own capabilities, if you like, I have been a small business owner and operator, and the most rewarding thing for me in positions like that was providing an opportunity for young people to be employed employed, both Indigenous and non Indigenous, and watching them realize their own capability.
Speaker 19: That to me has always been the most.
Speaker 18: Rewarding element of what it is that I've whatever it is I've been involved in over the years, including you know, establishing a women's music program for Indigenous women here in Central Australia that's grown right across the territory, to enable Indigenous girls and women to buck the trend of being told you don't belong in a music room, but to establish their own music careers, to establishing and growing the women's football league here in Alice Springs and watching young women realize their potential out on the footy field. Ultimately, this is what I'm driven by, and if we're going to be successful going forward, we need to allow Australians to realize their own potential, and that is to create that environment through good common sense policy for all Australians. You know, I'm a mother of four sons, so it's not just young women that I want to support.
Speaker 19: I want our young men.
Speaker 18: To realize that they are valued and they are important just as well. And so this is what drives me ultimately, and given you know what I've faced in my life and what I've had to overcome, certainly within my broader family as well, this beautiful country has given me those opportunities and it is why I stand where I stand now.
Speaker 3: The center of the Liberal Party do have an identity crisis right now? How are you going to be part of that solution?
Speaker 4: And we're having a lot of folks, a lot of some would call them grifters, suggesting that what the Liberals need is a quota system. They need to have gender quotas like labor. Do are you an advocate for that.
Speaker 18: I'm certainly not an advocate for gender quotas.
Speaker 19: I never have been.
Speaker 18: I'm all for meritocracy. I think that is the way we have to move forward. I mean, if you look to Labor, you know, they stand up and they sproute that they support women. When have they or will they ever see put an Indigenous woman in a position where she has the opportunity to go for deputy leader of their party.
Speaker 19: It's not going to happen for a very long time.
Speaker 18: You know, this is about meritocracy, This is about achievement, This is about bringing hope to the Australian people and the Liberal Party that we can absolutely rebuild if we remember where we've come from and use those values to create policy and to move forward. You know it is because of Liberal values, you know, the freedom of the individual, but responsibility that is the ultimate formula to realize one's capacity to achieve and be successful in life, no matter what form that looks like. Entrepreneurialism is something that I have been pushing, particularly for our most marginalized because they are living under socialist rule in remote communities dependent on welfare. We as Liberals can provide an environment and change the circumstances so that they can become entrepreneurial in their own right like other Australians have the opportunity to do. We need to believe in those values again and that and have the courage to go out there and fight in that way.
Speaker 6: James sat I'm listening to you articulate these Liberal values in a way that I think is in some ways clearer and more precise than many in the Liberal Party managed to do during this past campaign, which brings me to the question, then, you know, why did you decide to make this move across the hall from the Nationals to the Liberal Party given that the Liberals have been in this identity crisis which some have even suggested is existential, And how long had you been considering making this shift.
Speaker 18: Look, this is actually something that I wanted to do when I was first elected, but there were some that were preventing me from doing so and put a block in my way of being able to make that choice. And being new to the game, I thought, well, you know, I don't want.
Speaker 19: To rock the boat.
Speaker 18: I will follow tradition and do as traditional tradition tells as part of the Country Liberal Party to sit in the Nationals party room. Don't get me wrong, I am love I loved being a national We share the same values that I don't see that we don't share the same values. I have been very grateful for the opportunities that the National Party under David Little Proud's leadership have provided me. But I felt in this situation we're faced with a crisis and me feeling like inside truly i've been a Liberal. I wanted to make that step, and look, that step wasn't you know like that. There's been suggestions that I was being courted five days before the election. That's nonsense. There was no such courting going on. In fact this decision. My wonderful husband reminded me, you know a few days after the election, remember how you wanted to do this, Why don't you consider it this time? And I went, you know, you're absolutely right because, and I think I've said it before, I tend to be one Tom. I guess run toward danger if you like, or help out where I can. Ultimately, I want to be effective. I want to help, I want to support, I want to rebuild, because ultimately I've got more to lose in that it's my marginalized family members leaving under socialist rule that will continue to suffer under bloated bureaucracies that labor. All they do is set up bureaucracies. They don't listen to the little people on the ground, but we, as part of our liberal values do It's the forgotten people we're interested in, not heads of bloated bureaucracies where labor funnels money and effectively buys their votes.
Speaker 19: That's not what I'm interested in.
Speaker 18: But this is the fight that we're up against and given I've been experiencing this all my life.
Speaker 19: The opportunity is there.
Speaker 18: If I don't take it, it might not come. It's one of those things sometimes in life you have to you have to take those risks in order.
Speaker 19: For the greater good.
Speaker 1: And just senter. I think people, your critics will go, oh, she's just a one trick pony. She did the voice and so on. But for me, the critical thing about the voice. Obviously I agreed with the outcome, but the critical thing was how you took a position where you would. Everybody told you you were going to lose. The focus groups, the opinion polls, everybody apart from the Spectator, Australian and outside has of course told you you were going to lose. But you decided you're going to fight this. You put everything on the line. You put your reputation, your career, everything on the line to fight that. You had the help of Warren Mundane, but basically it was the two of you who really won that thing and won the hearts and minds of Australians. So tell us how you would and to me, that marks you out as a warrior, and as a warrior that is what we did not see in the election campaign. And the most common criticism of the Liberal Party or the coalition election campaign is where's the fight? Where's the fight to labor? You've spoken about taking the fight to labor. How would you do that from day one, from Tuesday onwards? How would you take the fight to labor?
Speaker 18: Absolutely, in my view, the campaign start right now. It started yesterday, because we're already hearing from Labor that the soon to be reappointed Treasurer that it's going to take apparently it's going to take yet another term, a third term, in order to get productivity where it needs to be. He's already stating that they're going to fail the Australian people. We can't let them get away at any point with their broken promises and their lies to the Australian people.
Speaker 19: We've got to highlight the fact that.
Speaker 18: All they rely on is mudslinging. And when that's all you've got, when all you have got is to berate someone, to call them names, to attack their character, it's because you have nothing to offer.
Speaker 19: It is our job.
Speaker 18: As the Liberal Party, as part of the broader coalition, to execute that argument effectively and get that clear messaging across to the Australian people. And look, can I also say that I absolutely endorse Angus Taylor. He is a pragmatic, deep thinking individual who I would absolutely be privileged to serve beside going forward for the benefit of the Liberal Party and the Coalition.
Speaker 19: I'm a coalitionist all the way.
Speaker 18: I'm absolutely for that for being part of the team that wants to revive our nation, take back Australia.
Speaker 19: From the clutches of labor that we know going to continue to destroy the joint Senator.
Speaker 1: Did you send to Namigmperprize? Good luck on Tuesday? The nation will be watching. Thanks so much for coming on Outsiders, and I'll remind you as you were on Outsiders many many years ago, and it's always great to have you here at Senate. Did you send to namigimpro Prize? We shall see what happens on Tuesday. What a wonderful woman and a great mum. They're on Mother's Day after the break, James, Donkey, vibe and tick.
Speaker 6: Hello, you're watching Outsiders with your host Rowan Dean and Rita Panty. And of course I'm James Morrow and I want to tell you about a trade deal. Yes, a trade deal that Donald Trump has just made with the UK and why it could spell big trouble for Australia's own handsome boy, Anthony Albinizi. Now on Friday morning, we hear in Australia woke to the news that the US President had inked a deal with British trade negotiators. Trump even called reporters into the Oval Office to listen in on speakerphone as he made a call with the UK Labor Prime Minister Keir Starmer.
Speaker 20: Once again, I want to thank Prime Minister starm He's been terrific for his partnership in this matter. The special relationship and external bond, it's really an external and an internal bond between our two countries will soon be stronger than ever before, and we really do. We have a great relationship. I want to just say that the representatives of UK have been so professional and it's been an honor doing business with.
Speaker 1: All of them, and in particular the Prime Minister.
Speaker 6: Well, so good for the US, good for the White House, good for Donald Trump. He's finally landed his first post tariff's trade deal and the bond markets should be very happy about that. Indeed, But while Britain is now getting reduced tariffs on its aluminium and steel. Out of this, there is something else to note. According to the UK Telegraph, the US will now also get a chance to red flag major Chinese investments in Britain, a key step as it works to rewrite the Global Trading Order to punish Beijing for years of currency manipulation, unfair trade practices and you know, just general belligerent now. One source quoted by the Telegraph said that the clauses would act as a sort of veto on Chinese investment, adding that it was considered quote extremely important to the US during the trade talks. Well you can see where this is going for Albanzi, can't you, Because you see Ethny Albanisi is really keen to cut a deal with the US and prove that he is able to stand up for Australian interests in the midst of Trump's trade war. But he also wants to prove that he can deal with Trump, who had a few nice words to say about him without even knowing who Peter Dutton was.
Speaker 20: Ah benis I'm very friendly with I don't know anything about the election.
Speaker 5: He's been very very nice to me, very respective to me. I have no idea who the other person is that ran against him.
Speaker 20: And you know we've had a very good, real.
Speaker 5: Nice warm Well I'm sure Peter doesn't love that.
Speaker 6: But the problem is that in trade negotiations any demand to crypt Chinese investment in Australia would really infuriate Beijing, which, as Australian farmers, vintnors and coal miners know all too well, is willing to punish local producers for any perceived insult coming from Candra.
Speaker 7: Here.
Speaker 6: The UK, of course, is in a far better position than Australia. I mean, China is Britain's fifth largest trading partner and a total two way trade between the pair is only a bit more than one tenth that between Britain and the EU just.
Speaker 5: Across the channel.
Speaker 6: But Australia, well, here we are a long way away from everyone. We don't have that advantage of close major trading partners and markets right nearby. So as a result, China is by far our latest largest trading partner, and the failure of successive governments to wind this back, even after COVID give us some big warning on that score, means that Beijing has a lot more sway here, So.
Speaker 5: There's an eleven.
Speaker 6: Now for Australia, then, is that as much as our political leaders talk tough about stepping up for our sovereignty and our interests, the hard economics mean that we have far less room to move than we would like Now. China happily server navigates our coast and conducts live fire exercises in the Tasman. They've issued apoplectic grievance letters that amount to attacks on our sovereignty. And all of this is not, to be sure, the fault of labor alone, though the Albanese government has certainly done everything it can to cripple our self reliance by driving up energy costs and regulations and paying to service our sorry and making our service industry with various slush future funds. But both sides of politics have presided over a tremendous decline in Australia's ability to actually make things, and both have yet to come up and come to grips with the fact that not only is the world changing, but that it had to change. Trump or not fault Trump's approach all you like, but on the big question of China, he is fundamentally correct, even The Wall Street Journal, which has been very critical of Trump of late, has said that the approach outlined by the President and particularly his Treasury Secretary Scott Bessett, indicates that he is trying to bring allied trading partners together to force Beijing to mend its ways. Australia, on the other hand, has blithely let itself become increasingly dependent on China, and with the honorable exception of Scott Morrison, our leaders have been unwilling to rock the boat.
Speaker 5: Change and choices are coming.
Speaker 6: Trump is leading the way and it is now up to Albanisi to manage what is happening correctly.
Speaker 1: Great stuff, Thanks James and James. We now have an American pope.
Speaker 6: We do have an American pope. Pope Leo the fourteenth.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, named after Pope Leo the thirteen, who was named after Pope Leo the twelfth.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, But what Pope Leo the thirteenth do well.
Speaker 6: Pobabio the thirteenth was really really interesting here because he was the pope from the late eighteen hundred store i think nineteen oh eighteen seventy eight to nineteen oh three. Lear the thirteenth was a pope who was very much about trying to figure out a way to accommodate and bring the moral voice of the Catholic Church into a world that was rapidly industrializing, and he did that through in cyclicals like erm Novarum. Now Lear the fourteenth is really interesting. There's a lot of people who say, oh, it's just another woke pope in the tradition of Francis. But frankly, I'm not so sure. There's a lot of signs here that this actually could be a turn away from Francis and multi well, you know, Rita, I'll tell you this year. His Latin is impeccable. He is actually a fan of the Latin Mass, with which Francis hated.
Speaker 5: He has spoken about.
Speaker 6: The church's need to help the world come to grips with the new changes that were going through with Ai and everything else. And there was a little detail that on his pectoral cross when he was announced as pope he was wearing a like from a Spanish bishop who in nineteen thirty eight was killed by Spanish Marxists in the Spanish Civil War.
Speaker 5: Now to me, you are.
Speaker 1: He's also a climate change not he's part of the he wants to worship.
Speaker 4: Earth and Mother of Earth, pine about deportation policies.
Speaker 3: I mean, really stick to your knitting.
Speaker 4: So you know what, I'll have a bit more faith when he comes out far more strongly than his predecessor and says something about the persecution of Christians.
Speaker 6: And let me give you something else. So here's another point on that. There was a potential pope in Prolin who was the Secretary of State for the Vatican, who was the guy who inked a truly evil and sinister deal with the Chinese Communist Party. He was knocked out. The male is that those first three black smoke ballots were all about blocking him, and it was a group of American bishops that blocked that guy. So this guy is a hell of a lot sounder than this. But also I think just everybody out there, you know the left right paradigm, that's two hundred year old idea. This is a two thousand year old institution. So you know, the Church is always going to have a different view, probably to us on issues like borders. And that's fine, but the fact is trying to put a pope two.
Speaker 1: All of years.
Speaker 3: But opining about climate.
Speaker 1: Change is about climate change worshiping. There we'll get into this. I'm going to get speaking of climate change.
Speaker 6: I'm doing showby showby we will I'm doing a segue, James, don't interrupt my segment.
Speaker 1: Well, as we go to lefty lunacy and the more vandalizing of paintings, this time a three hundred and seventy year old painting has been destroyed by these eco climate cultures.
Speaker 3: And actually damaged this one.
Speaker 1: Because we've got a bit of a let's have a look. It is.
Speaker 12: Hard to much it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think five years in prison oil not just stop oil paintings.
Speaker 4: It's just it's seriously, we need to see a few of these serving a decent because going to destroy some priceless piece of.
Speaker 3: Art that we just can't allow that to happen.
Speaker 4: They have just got away with this time and time again in different countries. They're go in front of these leftist judges and give them a slap on the wrist. Now it needs to be punished properly. This is a domestic terrorism, is what it is.
Speaker 5: Cultural It's worse than domestic. It's cultural terrorism.
Speaker 6: It's actually it is part of the much greater cultural Marxist.
Speaker 5: Project to undermine all of the foundations.
Speaker 6: Of our civilization, of which, of course these great works of art that they go out and attack regularly is all about. So you know, it has to be seen. It's not just about just stop oil. It's about a greater cultural project.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking about cultural Marxism. A beautiful portrait done by Johannes Leak, the cartoonist on the Australian and their son, of course of Bill Leak. He's done. Bill Leek put many portraits into the Archibalds. Johannas has now done a superb portrait of Alex Rivchin and it's absolutely beautiful and it captures the kind of sorrow that Alex Rivchin has felt over the last eighteen months since October seventh. But the reality, the joke here is that the archieballs did not select this. Instead, let's have a look at a couple of the pieces they did select. Oh, there's one great portrait that was selected. And here's another great portrait that was selected by the Archie boys.
Speaker 3: That's no.
Speaker 1: And here this was accepted by the.
Speaker 3: Archie What I think I scribbled that just in the air Breaker.
Speaker 1: And that was accepted by the Archibalds.
Speaker 5: So there Ian.
Speaker 1: If you go to visit the Archiballs and see those magnificent works of art, what you will not see is Johannes leek superb portrait of a man Alex Ripchen at a very critical point in our history when anti Semitism is right. I've been so disgusting. You can see the the sorrow, the fear, the heartbreak, and Alex is the pathos on Alex. Thank you, James. And now you were a critic, weren't you at one point? There you go and you can see that in that work about That's what portraits are supposed to do. They're supposed to capture a bigger story than just the portrait.
Speaker 3: Why do you think that was a big Let me.
Speaker 1: Get Let's have a guest Leak, son of Bill Leak, and a portrait of the Australia's that was most one of the Australia's most famous Jews. Oh what do you think they were thinking?
Speaker 3: I tell you, I tell you the artists.
Speaker 5: To the style because you know, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Because you can see, you can actually recognize the person you hate.
Speaker 6: To sort of gage with the six you don't want to sell like a philistine, but an awful lot of those paintings that you just showed up there on the thing on the screen, they look like they'd be tacked up with magnets on somebody's fridge, you know. But putting that aside, you know, Bill Leak and your house classically trained artists, and you know this is the other thing too that I think is the objection, you know, the Leak family the subject, but also the classical beauty there. And that is that I think that you know that that is that is our heritage, that is our artistic heritage. And every time we downgrade that, you know, we and we celebrate mediocrity. You know, we are taking away.
Speaker 1: Upont And haven't got another segue for you, James, straight into the art in New Times Square in New York and as well, a similar statue has been put up by different artists in Florence, of all places. So there's the Times tell us about this, Ja, We're going to tell us about Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this statue of a fictionalized character. I think it's around twelve, mildly obese woman.
Speaker 3: It's not a beautiful work.
Speaker 4: Why you would put that up instead of putting up something that is I think any public art needs to be not just thought provoking. It needs to add some esthetic beauty. It needs to make the place better. And I think we've lost sight of that both with the modern architecture, with some of the modern art. We're seeing the sculptures that the element of beauty is almost offensive to them.
Speaker 3: They want to have this, and I think.
Speaker 4: It's it's a six society that does not celebrate Square.
Speaker 6: Tim Square is you know, an absolute sewer. It is just one of the worst places.
Speaker 1: Like back to your Marxist point earlier, James, that both those works of art one smack bang in the middle of where the Renaissance took place in the Piacity signor there in Florence right opposite David As it's it's an everyday woman, a black woman on her phone or whatever. The one in Times Square is should every day black.
Speaker 5: One square, They should have Travis pickleby the story.
Speaker 7: The points here is.
Speaker 1: The nauseating wokeness. Oh, let's you know, it's this whole all portraits and things, which is not true. But this is what the Woks say is of white men, and you know, so let's have a black woman. So this is there. This is the full extent of their creativity rather than a white man. Let's have a black beautiful. Of course, there are stunning black beautiful women that have been in art featured three So it's all it's all Marxism, it's all degrading, you know, as you were saying classical.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't mind if it's if it's a real person, whatever they look like. But you can make a piece of art be beautiful.
Speaker 1: Of course, you can around.
Speaker 4: Regardless of who the subject matter is, and it enhances the environment. People see it, they stop and and it brings something to them. I think we've just lost that, and we see it with modern architecture in particular.
Speaker 1: It's one of my absolutely and it's been lost deliberately. And that's this school of marx We don't make beautiful things. After the break Canbrah Clown Show in a tick roll up, roll up, step right this way. Yes, it's the Canra clown Show, where the traveling Election Show has finally wrapped up, leading laughter and tears the length and breadth of the country. Here's one brave journalist who manage to ask a decent question of Albosa, the ringmaster. At the end of the tour, We're.
Speaker 21: Just frightening the living daylights out of everybody About Peter Dutton. He's matched both most of your health spending commitments, including on medicare. So why do you run around with this gay campaign?
Speaker 1: That was decent journalism, unlike this reprehensible and disgraceful nonsense from the ABC's chief scold Sarah for Ferguson. I told the Coalition they should have got rid of the ABC.
Speaker 22: Let's just talk about this sensibly. Just we saw you wearing a make Australia Great Again hat at a time when Donald Trump poison to the world. We saw you give a speech in which you used a Donald Trump value statement to make Australia gay get great again. So can I come back to the question are you partly responsible? Can I the Liberal Party? Let me come to Peter Dutton's loss of his seat at me.
Speaker 19: Let me come back to the question. That's a whole lot of mudge just slung right.
Speaker 1: There, indeed, and the nonsense didn't get any better on Q and A.
Speaker 16: Donald Trump is toxic in Australian politics and and he should be.
Speaker 1: Yes. That was former Liberal Senator George Brands auditioning for a role as chief clown in the new Big Top. Either that or he wants a job at the ABC. Meanwhile, the Teal Clown suffered a severe bout of premature celebrations this week as they danced away the night enjoying the victory of Teal Zoey Daniels. And here they were still celebrating the next day, but then sadly tears of a clown reality crept in and the next thing you know, it's this bloke has wiped the smile off all their faces because he had in fact one. Yes, welcome back to the Burley Griffin Big Top. Tim Wilson, Liberal Leader, hopeful and former popular Parliamentary song and dance man seeing here embracing his leader, mister Trumbull the clown after together they won the same sex marriage clever sites.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, happy days and memories were all involved. I'm sure, even in all its new and progressive glory, is Parliament really all it's cracked up to be? Not? According to this Greens lady before this interview, Max Chandler Maida yesterday called Parliament a sick place and bloody awful.
Speaker 8: What did you make of those comments from one of your now former colleagues.
Speaker 7: Tom.
Speaker 19: Of course the Parliament can be a bloody awful place.
Speaker 1: But what's it like being in the Greens. Surely it's all progressive, sweetness and light, not according to Marine.
Speaker 3: And in my.
Speaker 21: Thirty years in Australia, I have worked in many organizations before I stepped into politics, and I have experienced racism.
Speaker 3: In each and every single one of them.
Speaker 21: And yes I have experienced racism in the Greens, oh dear.
Speaker 1: Understandably, some of the Greens fans were clearly upset when everybody's scariest Green plan, adam Ant, sorry Adam Bant, I always make that mistake, was turfed from the Burley Griffin big top this week, discarded like the soggy Greens leftover on a lazy Susan at the local Chinese Here is when he thought he was going to win, but then reality and this tragic announcement.
Speaker 17: A short time ago, I called the Labor candidate for Melbourne, Sarah Whiitty, to concede, to congratulate her and to wish her all the best as the next member for Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It appears some of adam Ant's sorry Adam Bant's fans were not impressed. This is someone called Abby Chatfield.
Speaker 6: Something the great people can put me out of power water pathetic campaign.
Speaker 3: But chuck yourself to Abbey Chatfield and this is what you get.
Speaker 5: Lazy okay.
Speaker 1: And here's Abby again, struggling to make sense of it, all.
Speaker 23: The anxiety about Adam Bant losing his seat. I didn't even think it was possible for Adam Band lose his seat. I think it's possible. What I have seen, it's been neck and neck. I don't get how that is.
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 1: Nick in Nick or Nick and Nick? Yes, that would appear to be the end of Adam Ant, sorry Adam Bant, at least for the time being. But what would Adam Bant, sorry Adam Ant have to say? I mean hyperbo hyperpreme exaggeration, hyperbole has pronounced by Julia Gillard. Well, James, you've got a good story for great.
Speaker 6: Story for Bernie Sanders, you know, the great socialist. Well, you know, it's always the thing with these socialists, it's like one rule for them, one rule for everybody else. Apparently he's a big, big, big fan of the private jet and he got called out all this by Brett Bayer on Fox News.
Speaker 24: Have a look at this free Beacon says Bernie Sanders spent two hundred twenty one thousand on private jets fighting the oligarchy, tour paid for by friends of Bernie Sanders. That you've spent millions of dollars in campaign funds on private jet travel over the years. How do you push back on both of those things?
Speaker 25: The last time you saw Donald Trump during the campaign mode at National Airport?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it doesn't.
Speaker 24: But he's also not fighting the oligarchy.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 25: And you run a campaign and you do three or four or five rallies in a week. The only way you can get around to talk to thirty thousand people. Think I'm going to be sitting on a wedding line at United waiting. You know what, thirty thousand people are waiting. That's the only way you can get around. No apologies for that.
Speaker 6: Did you turn around on the line waiting to check in for his flight at United? It's always away with this.
Speaker 3: We're socialists with three homes.
Speaker 4: One mode, you know what he's candidate? What are you talking about? What campaign? And two you're a socialist. Donald Trump is not a socialist. Donald Trump boasts about his wealthare.
Speaker 1: Most people have to work as well and like to get to their.
Speaker 3: Job with those plus exactly.
Speaker 1: Now, Rita, Rita, We were very critical of an ad from done for Jaguar cars last year and oh, looks like we might have been correct.
Speaker 4: Well we were, because they're now bringing out their own sort of version of the cyber truck.
Speaker 3: To was a great cyber truck. And they are going to walk away very quickly from.
Speaker 4: That ridiculous, woke ad which completely had nothing to do with the actual product. It was really such a bizarre concoction of it.
Speaker 1: It was just weird transgender thing with no car, no Jaguars, nothing sexy. And they're getting a new ad agency, as they should. James and I was also intrigued by this one. In Canada.
Speaker 7: Just listen to this.
Speaker 1: So the police was making an announcement about an important police matter.
Speaker 4: And can I just say what this matter is? This is this is why this is so shocking. This was a tragic story. Two young kids missing for a better part of the week. Police were scaling back their search, didn't expect to find them alive, and in the most serious of circumstances, they start a press conference with this.
Speaker 19: Good afternoon.
Speaker 14: I am Corporal Coroly McCown, Provincial Republican from me Officer for the Nova Scotia ur CMP. Thank you all for being here today, Just la capitel, Carle McCann, Jean Diefromacivelecas Melci de vos. First, I acknowledge that we are in Micmagi, the traditional and unseated and satral territory of the Migmah people. I also recognize that African Nova Scotians are a distinct people whose histories, legacies and contributions have enriched that part of mcmagie known as Nova Scotia for over four hundred years.
Speaker 26: What unbelievable any but that's that's what happens when when you just have this as routinely uttered, this incoherent nonsense, whether it's a sporting event, whether it's Anzac day, whether it's a work meeting, whether it's a school assembly.
Speaker 4: Well, don't be surprised if you're hearing at the start of the time while.
Speaker 1: The parents are waiting for the news about the kids, you've got all this nonsense. Welcome to country and there you go as well. That's a Canadian welcome to country. We borrowed the terminology first Nations. We borrowed the whole concept of all this endless the Green irony.
Speaker 6: The Green irony very quickly is that it is based on a very sort of hard right idea of blood and soil nationalism. That's where all of this comes from. It is not left wing. It's actually something that the Nazis drew on too well.
Speaker 1: It's just insanse, this whole welcome to country thing, and it's going to be ramped up under labor. There you go. We'll have lots more to say about that next week, but that's all for this week's show. Make sure during the week you watch reda Panahee every evening at eleven and on Friday. What a night Friday is seven o'clock the world According to Rowan d in eight o'clock the US Report, James nine o'clock read a panne left his leader. That's it, Ross Greenwood, now bye,