Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country. An elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Sanders.
Speaker 2: And I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite fruit Chat.
Speaker 1: We have been sharing our lives online for over ten years, so who better to catch you up on everything that's going viral?
Speaker 2: Can we talk a lot about ourselves as well?
Speaker 3: Anyway?
Speaker 1: What what know?
Speaker 3: Today's episodes of mess as always one of those.
Speaker 1: Ones where we start on one topic and then it goes being around book. Yeah. We talk a lot about Fortnite, Disney on Ice.
Speaker 2: On drug Disney on Ice on Drugs, Benson Boone, Olivia Rodrigo, Addison Ray, lots of Fortnight Chat today if you love Fortnight's.
Speaker 1: Aeroplane and airport.
Speaker 3: Yeah chats, Yeah, this is I think at the start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we spoke about every plans at the start, didn't we and then we came.
Speaker 1: Back yeah at the end.
Speaker 2: This very full circle episode, this one. So let's not waste any time, do you mean, don't let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Matthew.
Speaker 3: Good morning, darling, how are you going?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 1: How are you going?
Speaker 2: I feeling so good, A such a good mindset, headspace, lifestyle everything. At the moment, I'm just on top of the world because not only like I've got I've now got six weeks off the Ringback Glamor Tour, which is which is fun. I plan to not leave the house at whatsoever, Like I just want to sit on my ass and do nothing. Yeah, but I haven't been home.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It pay so much for the place you live in and you're never bloody home, like I hate it.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to just be home.
Speaker 2: And then in six weeks again the new the second part of the tour will kick off.
Speaker 3: Which tickets on sales, so go and get them.
Speaker 1: How many shows are in the next one thirteen?
Speaker 2: Not as many as the Purse, No, so twenty four done. Yep, we got thirteen to go. We had Central Coast on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, said it was the best shot.
Speaker 3: I wish you went.
Speaker 2: I wish you went because you ended up giving your tickets away to a scroller because you're coming to the Newcastle one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, it was just a message her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hopefully but it was just the craziest.
Speaker 1: And su venue looked like they went on they.
Speaker 2: Went all out the Wang Art House, just like they hung up all these disco balls. They put it on a cocktail special. They had this media wall and red carpet so that everyone could get a photo and.
Speaker 1: Like, did they just want to do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, And the team was so lovely, Like it was also amazing to be in like a proper theater because it's an actual theater. So when I walked in further sound check, like that's usually about an hour and a half of me going right, this is what I want the lights to do. This is what I wanted to sound like. And the team there are obviously a team that work in theaters all the time. So I walked in and they went, well, this is what we've got and did it, and I went that is exactly what I wanted. Like I just had to say one thing like can you just change the lights on one specific part, and like watching the videos back people took and stuff like the ending of when he like brought the song in and the lights in and all the rest of that, Oh my god, I was like, okay, so I know that for the bringback lamatur It's been you know, lots of sports bus and fun, little random venues.
Speaker 3: And that's the point.
Speaker 2: Next time I'm gone theaters only yeahly because I was. It was just a totally different ball game. It was crazy and I just had the time of my life. Like the vibe in the room was electric. I was a bit nervous about the Central Coast show because as I said, I haven't been nervous for any of the shows this too, but Friday for Central Coast, I was like being like hometown friends and family, I know, and I just really wanted to give them, you know, to go back to the Central Coast and be like this is me now, Like yes, we went to high school. There were people I used to work with, like, you know, fifteen plus years ago.
Speaker 3: Maybe teachers in the room. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I know a few teachers coming into the Newcastle one, but I think there was like I was like putting a lot of pressure on myself to give them a good show, and I think I absolutely smashed it.
Speaker 3: The vibe was electric, like it was.
Speaker 2: I don't know whether I'm ever going to have a show as good as that one, but I'll have to go to the Central Coast every bloody time because it was that good. But six weeks off and loving my life and this is our last record before you got a Europe.
Speaker 1: I know, maybe in close friends we should talk all about Europe because you've been, and I know we spoke about it when you had been. But I need your advice because I put on my story on the week and I've been packing because you went for like six weeks.
Speaker 3: Didn't you, Yeah, two months?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How much stuff did you take?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I am an outfit repeater, you know, like I am constantly wearing the set, I have the uniform. So I just went five black tops, five black pants, and washwa wash wash.
Speaker 1: You know, I think I'm going to be the same. Like I've got two suitcases. Yeah, and I'm gone for three weeks.
Speaker 3: Get how much? Like I think we tried to condense it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had one suitcase each, but then a really big the problem was the carry on. Like our carry on was just packed with like all the miscellaneous stuff that you like need to take and you don't use that often, but you probably should have it. And yeah, I think the other thing I did as well was I shopped for outfits for the trip, and I.
Speaker 3: Wish I just wore was like in my closet.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I have a feeling like I'm taking all these nice outfits and I bet you I'm gonna wear a singlet and like a pair of linen pants the whole time.
Speaker 3: I think you will as well.
Speaker 2: Like I think casual chic is the vibe because it's so hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, we should table this.
Speaker 1: For the close friends quick.
Speaker 2: We we'll do a quick wit why not, but bonus we'll do because I'm in such a good mood, we might just give you a bonus episode.
Speaker 3: Why not much?
Speaker 1: YEA about time I got my own, I know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I meant the scrollers like I will give them some extra content.
Speaker 1: You too, outfits. You have my favorite combo on today. Yeah, I saw you posted a video the other day. And because sometimes your color combos, and we'll put it down to you being colorblind sometimes the color combos thereof yeah, and I know, and so I saw a video that you did and you're wearing this color combo. It's chocolate brown Downtown pants. You've got an electric blue Muscle Nation jumper, a white T shirt and blue and brown is really nice together and looks good on yous. Yeah you should wear this.
Speaker 2: I wore it just for you because you commented on that on a sponsored post no less, So thanks to the engagement, I'm back on six weeks off means I'm back on sponsored posts.
Speaker 3: Everyone get on the page and like and comment place.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it even goes with your bracelet and then in your shoes you also have electric blue which ties in nicely with the bracelet and the jump.
Speaker 3: Off I've done. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: I approve of this one. It's not giving swamp.
Speaker 3: I appreciate, appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I thought I would because literally, just because of your comment, I thought, let me pop on the outfit that you were so lovely to give me a combat feel like.
Speaker 3: I never get a compliment from you, so that was nice.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to Disney on ice?
Speaker 3: Yes? Of course?
Speaker 4: Have you?
Speaker 3: Yes? You know advice as an adult and lots of times as a kid.
Speaker 1: See. Doing this podcast with you has made me realize that maybe I didn't have the best childhood.
Speaker 3: But did we know that before?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We did. No holidays, no concerts for Australian idol.
Speaker 3: You know, without food? Was that you get.
Speaker 1: Locked in the room without dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you know, but yeah, without food.
Speaker 1: And also I never went to Disney on Ice, and so Disney on Ice is like it's happening now in Newcastle because it's school holidays. And so like my all my friends on Facebook, like you know how you just have like all your old friends on Facebook. They're all lot kids. So I've been seeing Disney on Ice all over and I low key think I would enjoy it. And then I was at AJ's parents yesterday and they took our niece on the weekend to go and see it. And AJ's mum goes, yeah, here, look at look at all the photos I took, because she took a heap of photos of the show. And I don't know why. You probably won't even plant of that funny, but she I don't know how, but she has taken the worst photos and all the characters look like they've dropped ascids. O can I message him to act?
Speaker 2: I will say when I used to go like to Disney on Ice. Obviously as a kid, I don't really remember, but I remember I went in like maybe twenty thirteen, and then I think I went again in like twenty eighteen and the budget cuts.
Speaker 3: Honey, the budget.
Speaker 2: The ticket prices had doubled and the budget had decreased.
Speaker 1: By expensive.
Speaker 3: It's so expensive.
Speaker 2: But also I remember in twenty thirteen, I was like amazed by the production value of the whole thing.
Speaker 3: They had people flying through.
Speaker 2: The air, they had fireworks, they had everything happened like it was magical.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: It was similar to what we saw in Vegas with that big whale and the gpteam. Yes, like that random show called Awakening or.
Speaker 1: Something like really good by the way, but there was this one like big like robot like massive thing and that fucking like something really arm and I didn't realize, Judge.
Speaker 3: You had to be there, you had to be there. But anyway, but it's like it was, it was magical.
Speaker 2: And anyway, the next time I went, I went, and this is a bit. It felt like I was watching kids perform, you know Christmas when all the parents go don't play together, and then they come back and they we can do a performance else someone else. So I haven't been back since I saw it, and I was like, oh, this isn't as well.
Speaker 1: Let me just and I don't know what Vicky has done to capture these moments books. I'll send it in our scrollers what's app Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Should I send it in the scrollers chat with no content? So anyone in our Scroller's broadcast channel is going to see this. Okay, it might not even be that funny, but it's funny to me. It's funny that I'm putting it in the chat. Okay, here's the first one.
Speaker 3: Okay, waiting, surely not?
Speaker 1: What is there? They look like they're on drug.
Speaker 2: In the scrollers chat to see this, But it's the dinosaur from Toy Story and yeah, he looks cool.
Speaker 3: Give me another one. This is hilarious.
Speaker 1: I'm like a Day's mom on drugs. Which that's the.
Speaker 3: The moose thing from Frozen. Yeah that bad? Yeah, he doesn't look that bad.
Speaker 2: Hilarious photos though, like they're so cropped and zoomed in literally. Okay, give me another one. You'll have to go. By the way, if you're listening to the scrollers group chat on Instagram, you find it on my.
Speaker 1: Did you just say if you're listening to the scrollers group chat.
Speaker 2: If you're listening you like to go to the scholars group chat. Yeah, but that's that's that's a weird costume. I've always thought that costumes weird. I'm like, but these photos are on here, that third one you've sent, all right, any others are already reacting, laughing, and they have no way.
Speaker 1: Couch. He looks cool. He looks like it's three am at King Street Hotel and the lights of the.
Speaker 3: Light turn and he's looking for a root.
Speaker 1: My god, Okay, like, look at this one.
Speaker 3: That is so funny. What's going on here?
Speaker 1: How did she manage to get these photos?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: The zoom in is diabolic? Cool, Like that's I'm just also just thinking of like the scrollers in the chat right now looking at this, going, Oh but Goofy's always a bit cooked, isn't he?
Speaker 3: I do love his diamond he's on his hat though, that's nice.
Speaker 1: And anyway, that's all the photos. Anyway, they're in the scroller's chat if you want to see them. So I just looked at these and I said, how did you manage to capture those photos? It looks like an acid trip?
Speaker 3: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: So I just got to two. I just got a message because I was checking my dms. As we're in the DMS right now, So I was playing Roebox last night and this this girl was following me around the bingo hall. You know how we played the bingo and which, by the way, did you get the message in the discord chat last night?
Speaker 1: Did I didn't see that.
Speaker 3: Oh we messaged and said get on and you weren't there, but I was.
Speaker 1: Going to follow up next game recommendation good.
Speaker 2: Anyway, this girl, Emma was like following me around the bingo hall and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, I bet she's a follower.
Speaker 2: And she's messaged me and said it was casually playing bingo with you all last night.
Speaker 3: And then last yesterday.
Speaker 2: Also, I was playing Fortnite and right at the start of the game, I dropped down and this Sabrina Carpenter killed me and I said, I was playing with Toby and I said to him I want her dad, and he brought me back and I was like, I'm all hunt for that Sabrina Carpenter. Anyway, gets to the final two, it's me and Sabrina Carpenter and I take her down and I win. And so then to celebrate, I danced to Espresso on her dead body and she sends me a message goes, oh my god, you just killed me, And I was like that.
Speaker 1: You're playing with someone that you know when there's.
Speaker 2: Millions of people all the time, all the time, like so often being like you just killed me in.
Speaker 1: Fortnite, but like when you're dropping into a server because like it's up to one hundred people playing, right, Like does it put Aussie's with ossies?
Speaker 2: So it's like Oceana, I happy to say that. Yeah, yeah, so like I wann't first anyone from America.
Speaker 3: They have their own service, gotcha?
Speaker 1: So then okay, so the odds are a little more likely. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been playing a bit of roadblocks, which by the way, I was on Live on the weekend and people were saying, like, accept my friend request.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got a lot too.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's who or if it's a random river.
Speaker 3: You know, someone the ad though they listen to this.
Speaker 1: If you want to add me on there, my user name is Tasty truck Food Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, Hay twenty three, I think, but I haven't accepted anyone.
Speaker 1: I went to add you when you first joined, but I added like alright, hey, but that wasn't you. Oh yeah, you're all right, Hay twenty three yeah, Well, a game that I've been obsessed with, which you would probably hate. It's called like clean Up the Library, Okay, or it could just be called library Cleanup something like that. Basically, like you maybe would like it because it's about books. Yeah, you are in this like really beautiful old library. You can play by yourself or you can play with friends. And when you start, all the books, like thousands of books are all over the floor, like the library's being trashed, and then your job is to clean it up.
Speaker 2: So once again, as we've learned about Brittany in the past, is the games she likes to play after she clocks off work for the day are games where you go to work, yes, and work and clean up other people's messes and fix the library.
Speaker 1: I love working games.
Speaker 3: But simulated by the way, I couldn't get the hang of it. I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: We need to try this clean Up the Library because it's got this like it kind of feels like Hogwarts vibes. Like in the library, it's got beautiful music that plays. It's very relaxing. But Matt, you have to go around and like find all the books in all the different categories, and then you have to take them to specific shelves in their category. So there's like history books over their economy books over there, and so it takes hours and AJ and I did it together.
Speaker 3: You can play in the same.
Speaker 1: Lobby, Yes, you play the same lobby, and then if you go, if you leave and come back, it saves nice and so you can play in a big group and it's just like really satisfying. So if you like a satisfying game that you don't have to really think about, and you like pick up five books at a time, and then the more you feel shelves magic unlocks and like you get little magic spells. It's really fine, lovely. Yes, Harry Potter, books, organization and working well.
Speaker 2: I don't know because you don't like shooting games, but I think I'm about to convince you to play Fortnite.
Speaker 1: Look, I want to be good at it, but I just a practice panic.
Speaker 2: You got to pack, You've got to practice. I can carry for the both of us, but you just got a practice.
Speaker 1: Like I played that one time with you and AJ and I was just screaming.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I think just a bit of practice, but I think there's something that will convince you to get on the game very soon, which, by the way, just say anyone who does play Fortnite, No, this won't make sense to anyone else, but I've got every single Sprite mustard, including the new holofoils, So sorry to be better than you, but like, who needs a Galaxy grim or a zero point Gummy because.
Speaker 3: I've got them anyway.
Speaker 2: I So you know, as we've spoken about before, you can play as different people as y Sabrina Carpenter, Kim Kadashian whatever. They are teasing the new music pass which basically I pay like seventeen bucks a month and I get all of these passes. Yeah, so let's just rewart and sorry before we get into that. Remember how I was like, I would never spend money.
Speaker 3: On a game.
Speaker 2: Remember when I spent all that money on the Kim Kardashian game by accident, Yeah, and I was like, I never I don't understand those people who spend all that money on Candy Crush and all.
Speaker 3: The rest of that.
Speaker 2: Oh, like Fortnite's taking every dollar of mine, Like I sacrifice groceries for Fortnite at this point.
Speaker 1: Do they have on merch.
Speaker 2: Not like you can license? So like Culture Kings recently dropped like Fortnite merch, but it's not Fortnite merch. It's just they've licensed Fortnite to like bring out a Fortnite collection. But it's all just a little tacky, Like it's all really everything, and I think there's like a market that hasn't been tapped into. And I guess obviously there's like IP issues and stuff. But you know, on Etsy you can get like anything like I just want for like the bookshelf just around the house or whatever little Fortnite like, you know, little things that are Fortnite themed or like the little chest that you open and so like.
Speaker 1: With this new Sprite thing that you talk about, the little things you find around, Like why wouldn't Fortnite have their own store and then they sell and all that.
Speaker 2: It's like Minecraft like if you like, you can get anything Minecraft, Like there's so much Minecraft merch everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh, from Target, you can get the bus.
Speaker 3: Show me lego. Is it a Lego or is it Lego adjacent?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, that's.
Speaker 2: So yeah, But I'm not putting Lego fucking busy, do you know. I just want to get the bus and sit it on the shelf. I don't want to imagine.
Speaker 1: Taking that on a on a flight, like.
Speaker 3: Doing leg A fly. You can't think of anything worse than doing Lego wan A fly.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine? Like Titanic and then turbulence come.
Speaker 3: You're building the titan No, imagine you.
Speaker 2: Get halfway through, You're like, oh, this is starting to look good, and they go, all right, meal service.
Speaker 4: I didn't love.
Speaker 2: I guess you know doing Lego would be easier in a business class. Wouldn't you much more space for that sort of stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But I not long ago.
Speaker 2: I'm looked after mine now and we did Lego together, and fuck me dead, that shit is hard. Like I was like, well, I'm colorblind though, So that did at an element of like what the fuck is going on? But like I actually was like something's gone wrong in manufacturing because they gave you this booklet and it's like, open bag one. So I found Bag one and I'd open it, but the things inside bag one didn't match the things in the book. But then I realized that the book is full of twenty Legos that you can make. Oh, and you get like six different bags, but like bag one can apply to like four different designs, so you can make a peacock or an astronaut, or a cat or a dolphin, all with bag one.
Speaker 1: It'd be pretty I don't know, Lego and be that person that comes up with the designs. Yeah, I think I might try Lego Okay, like get into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that'd thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah A J loves it.
Speaker 2: You could make those like I do, like the thought of making the Lego flowers. Yeah, is your mac off? Sorry to anyone who can hear gauge a chomping on McNuggets, which, by the way, ten thirty in the morning just.
Speaker 1: Normalized eating normal foods for breakfast.
Speaker 3: Normalized nuggies in the morning. Please.
Speaker 1: Yeah. By the way, I've got something else to say.
Speaker 3: Hang on, i haven't even got to Fortnite yet, but I'm going to get back to it.
Speaker 1: Go Well, now that we're on the topic of being on planes, Yeah, this is one of those episodes where.
Speaker 3: We're just going to jump all over the st Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this might be this most stupid thing I've ever said, But for my whole life, every time I've flown anywhere, I've basically been under the impression that I eat food that I bought at the airport beforehand. So, like I always got a little convenience store and get like some maltesers, some snakes, you know, bag of chips and water whatever, and then I eat the food that's given to me on the plane. But you can take any food you want on a plane. Yeah, but I've never done that, like I see on TikTok because I'm about to go away. I'm on like I don't know traveling TikTok. And have you seen people that take like those snackle boxes. No, so, like you know how you go to Bunnings and get like a big organick boxes and they put all sorts of like Lolly's chocolate chips in each one. I've never thought to do that, never thought to take my own snacks. And then like another girl I saw who was like really into like fitness and healthy eating and stuff, like she made chicken snits or wraps salads, and like it occurred to me, you can do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like when I had the epiphany of meal prepping.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think I don't know why. Like every time I travel, I take no food from home, Like I just go and spend like fifty dollars in the freakin' expensive airport shop. H huh, and that's it. But like you can take sandwiches if you want.
Speaker 2: See I'm Fat and Frugal. So, which is a great comedy show name write that down place.
Speaker 1: The title of this episode, fat, Fat, and Frugal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, episode title, Fat and Frugal And so I definitely always take my own. I would never buy anything in an airport unless I.
Speaker 1: Was absolutely going to do that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The second of all, I've always got a lunch box on hand, there's snacks in my car, there's I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to do this, you know, I always just go and buy like the ten dollar Maltese's. But I could just go to Cohl's before. Yeah, It's just never occurred to me to take food through the airport.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also saw one girl one time take she really wanted like a noodle soup of some sort. Yeah, so she froze it in because she you couldn't take liquid through it was too much liquid. Oh Yeah, So she froze it and took it through security, and then by the time she got on the light then she was able to get them to heat it up like hot noodles on Like.
Speaker 1: If you take a meal, do you reckon the flight attendance would heat it up for you.
Speaker 2: Surely, But I guess it'd be like, you know, if I was flying Sydney to Singapore. Sure, but like you're going Sydney to Melbourne and you'd like me to heat up Yeah, no meal for you, darling.
Speaker 3: I think what if it's.
Speaker 1: Like a really fragrant meal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's the thing.
Speaker 2: You couldn't play Celli buggers and take anchovies on the flight, could you?
Speaker 1: If you want to take like spaghetti bolonaise meal prepped, you could. It just never occurred to me that I could take my own food on a plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there you go.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to take my own food on the plane.
Speaker 3: Are you? What are you thinking?
Speaker 1: Malteses?
Speaker 3: Fucking hell?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Is it just me? Does anyone else always get like Maltess when you go on a fly.
Speaker 2: That's not your own food that you've bought that it doesn't out?
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, I'll take pink feet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, back to Fortnite, Sorry, but they have it's the game that I've been spending too much money, So I have this monthly pass right because it works out cheaper too. Get all these things right, So one of them is like you get all these passes and ones of music pass and like they've had chapel Rone recently. In the past, I've had Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande. I think Sabrina might have been music past. But at the moment they've got someone I've never heard of, Laofi or something anyway, nil interest. So she is about to expire and they're going to bring in the new musical artist.
Speaker 3: And Madison, well, they've.
Speaker 2: Tea They've done a teaser trailer and Fame is a Gun is the background music.
Speaker 1: And ob it's going to be her so great, we're going to have to I know.
Speaker 2: So people are speculating, there's no confirmation yet.
Speaker 1: How much you can get paid.
Speaker 3: Well, I was kind of thinking about this because.
Speaker 2: Kim Kardashian's thing was like, I mean they made like twenty We've done the maths before, didn't we. They made like twenty million dollars off her in the first few days. I think in the first week it was like one million purchases of her skin, and it was around twenty dollars let's say, just to buy her skin. But obviously, like I bought it in the bundle, which might have been like thirty five dollars and I got a few little extra things, and so like in a week they made like twenty mil off just one thing in the shop, and there are every day there's like fifteen hundred things in the shop that you can buy.
Speaker 1: And then also you have the monthly subscriptions.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, well the monthly subscription gives me v box, which is what I then.
Speaker 1: Let me just google how much Fortnite makes.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's billions. Wow, yeah, it's billions.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what I was gonna say, so Addison Ray might be the musical the new next music past. That's the current theory, and so I think, which is interesting because it's like always pop girlies. I don't know if like the people at four might know that the that Fortnite is like for the girls and the gays, or maybe they're the ones spending money. It's like they proved it with like Kim Kardashian, Like what like straight man is buying Kim Kardashian.
Speaker 1: They probably still do you reckon? Yeah, Fortnite generates an estimated three to six billion in annual revenue. Wow, why didn't we think of that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I get so mad.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: So and I'm contributing to that by the way, Yeah, quite a bit.
Speaker 3: But Addison Ray might be coming a Fortnite, so.
Speaker 1: I need to make Is it free to make an account?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's free to play. It's free to it's free to it's only costs to buy the things in the store.
Speaker 1: I'm going home and making one today.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I use your own tasty truck.
Speaker 2: For yes, and I and I think as well that I think as well. Like the funniest part is you'll start and you'll be like, I'm never spending money on this game and the will okay, so I can.
Speaker 1: I like, do you have to sign up on the PlayStation?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In Australia, there's actually a lawsuit about Fortnite and we don't have it available here. So the Australian government, I believe, no, sorry it was Apple has sued Fortnite in Australia or something to do with Australian government.
Speaker 1: I like, sign up online now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get an Epic Games account.
Speaker 1: Okay through Epic Games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hang on, what's the deal with Fortnite and not being available in Sorry, I'm doing your job for you, Google girl, I was. I think that's my job no, that's all right, redundant, we don't need you anymore.
Speaker 1: By it, you can edit the episodes then, so.
Speaker 3: In the iPhone and iPad, in for iPhones and iPads, what the fuck is going on? My brain's not working anyway.
Speaker 2: There's a legal fight between Epic Games and Apple over app store rules and payment systems. So it was removed from the App Store in twenty twenty because Epic intentionally by past apples in app payment system. So if you have an app on Apple, if you have in game purchases, like you have to pay via Apple and then Apple pays that, Whereas what Epic did was they were like you can buy your v bucks, which is how you buy stuff on Fortnite on like some external thing and then buy it in the app.
Speaker 3: So, I don't know, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to make is my display name my user name because Tasty Truck is available.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'll just try, just do it, Okay, I'm getting a code to my email.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be going home tonight. I'm playing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, I think that's actually it. Let's move on to our Royal Flush. Please be upstanding for the Royal Flush.
Speaker 1: What's your Royal Flash, Matt, do you want to start or do with me too?
Speaker 2: I'll actually start because unfortunately mine also has to do with Fortnite yet again. Okay, but there's an extension to this. So basically, as we've discussed, you can play different people on Fortnite. So someone who just got announced and released not long ago was Olivia Rodrigo. And Neil interested in Olivia Rodrigo as well, and I've never really paid attention to her or enjoyed much of her music, apart from the big big hits that you know, you know what I mean. Well, for this episode, I was like, I'll do a bit of research on her and see what she's done. Like she broke the record for in her debut album, she broke the record for the fastest stream like the biggest streaming day for an album ever at the time.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it might have been beaten by now.
Speaker 1: Songs are quite sad, aren't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't listen to sad music.
Speaker 2: Yeah either, Well this new album you like? Because anyway, the point is she's out as a skin. And I was playing with my friend Ryan, who's like a big Olivia or Arigo fan, and there's this dance that you can do in Fortnite, and it's called Maggots for Brains and it's like the chorus of this song and there's like love Hearts and it's really fun and like the dances really fun. And he was doing that emote and he obviously bought the Olivia Rodrigo skins and everything like that, and I was like, oh, I'm not buying her, got Neil interest in her, like whatever, And then he does the Maggots for Brain's mote and I was like, Oh, that's actually really cute and really fun.
Speaker 1: Can you only do it if you're Olivia Rodrigo?
Speaker 2: No, only if you buy it? Okay, he bought the bundles. It's like Kim Kardashian. Instead of just buying Olivia, he bought like a bundle that comes with the dance and everything. But I can just buy just the dance or just Olivia or.
Speaker 1: Really curious to know like the demographic of people that are playing Fortnite, because the game, like you have said, is very gay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's like everyone like it's everyone from but.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? Like, is it like I'd love to know the demographic breakdown because is it the girl he's in the gays.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a huge audience there of those people. But it's like there are like old people who play, like old people who play. There are young people who play, like ten year old who play. There are like everyone in between, and.
Speaker 1: There's like business honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like so many. Like it's just like one of those things that's like everyone.
Speaker 1: Because it's like a shooting game. And like remember back in the day when like Halo was that that an old game that everyone loved Halo, but that was very like army and like boyish. Yeah, whereas this has that same element of like shooting, but then all the fun girly things, which then makes it cater to a wider audience. Yeah, which is so smart. I thought of this, I know.
Speaker 2: So she comes in as a skin I'm nil interest, and then he does the emote and I'm like, oh, that's really cute. And then so the emote's really fun, and then when he does it, you can join in, so you can emote with each other if they're if they're doing it, so then I was doing it and I was like, oh, I kind of love it, and then he was going on saying, oh, I love Olivia Rodrigo, Like, the new album is just perfect. It's perfection. It's so good, it's so good. And I was like, oh, well, I had a big drive ahead of me. I said, right, I'll give it a guy, I'll listen to the new album and I'll see how it goes.
Speaker 3: Of course I listened, and I was so.
Speaker 2: Obsessed with so much of the new album, which you said you didn't like to listen to sad songs. So this album is fun because the first half of the album is all about her being in love, and then there's a song in the middle called Purple that changes the narrative, and then the second half of the album is all depresso, break up, post post relationship. Right, So it's like tells a story, right, which is nice.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 2: But I listened to it and the thing that I think you'll love about it is it's got a very, in my opinion, a very early two thousands feel to it, ok with but still sounds modern. So it's a bit like what I would liken it too, is a little bit rogue traders in early two thousands, thousand and seventies. But also remember when around that time in two thousands, we would watch like the White Girl movies and there was always like that kind of rock song where they're like doing what you were doing in the fate ad all the genes announcement of like you know, putting your shoes on and Russian to get out the door.
Speaker 3: Like that song. What's it called?
Speaker 2: But I think it's in legally blonde perfect yeah suns, it's Alena after we get back music like that, right, So well, you can listen to Olivia Rodrigo's album because I would liken it too, that sort of music. It's reminds me very much of that, but like obviously still very modern and there were plenty of songs on there, but my favorite one is Maggots for Brains. That's the name of the song. And of course I've bought the emote. I didn't buy the Olivia skin, but I've bought the emote. Now I'm doing it all the time. I absolutely love it, and I've got this new found appreciation for Olivia Rodrigo and if she was to come to Australia, I would absolutely buy tickets and i'd absolutely go and see her because I'm loving all of that and really the only things that I've paid attention to, a like driver's license and good for you. Yeah, and I really know nothing else about her, but I love discovering a new artist. Also side note, just quickly, Benson Boone announced his Australian tour. That's also a bit of a royal flash because I love Benson Boone.
Speaker 1: You said that the other week.
Speaker 2: And he's got nine shows, which I think is a lot. He's got three in Brisbane, three and Sydney, three in Melbourne, all in the arenas, which I think is a lot for Benson Boone.
Speaker 1: I don't know much about Benson Boone.
Speaker 2: Exactly, So nine shows in arenas, the headline Coachella, Yeah he.
Speaker 3: Didn't headline, but he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did have a pretty popular crawd and I loved seeing him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought he was great.
Speaker 1: Was he there when we were there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't remember he was there.
Speaker 2: I loved it, but I wasn't a big, big fan like I just always thought. I've decided Benson Boone is my whole past. If guy was able to allow me to stray from the relationship, then Benson Boone would be my whole past. And I'm hoping I'm on the edge of my seat. I've signed up for all the pretail. I'm very excited for him to come to.
Speaker 3: Australia next year, this year, this year. She's not that far away. It's in November, and I've got.
Speaker 1: Robbie Williams later in the year, so excited for that.
Speaker 2: Well, are you getting VIP mean and Greek from Robbie Williams, because that's what I'm aiming for for Benson Boone.
Speaker 1: Oh you want to meet him?
Speaker 3: Yes? Oh my god, like he's.
Speaker 1: I want to look him up. I want to look at him.
Speaker 3: No, I'll show you a video. Okay, I'll show you a video like a yeah, because look at this. I saw it last night and I went, WHOA.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's your type though. You know that's crazy? Is that not crazy?
Speaker 3: Work?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I honestly think anyone that is in like music, like playing a guitar in a band, it's very attractive.
Speaker 3: Stop look at this.
Speaker 1: What I'm sorry to say.
Speaker 2: We don't need to know that you're over, you're over, you're canceled, because that is wild, Like this is wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's hot.
Speaker 2: And you know what cringe is hot and if you're a loser, you're hot. And we said that on a podcast. We're into losers, we're into cringe. Oh my god, Like I just look at that and I go, how is that real? He does give industry plans.
Speaker 1: He straight yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 3: But allegedly, allegedly allegedly, and you know what, he has every right. I'm giving him permission.
Speaker 2: I'm giving him permission to quebate me because it's working and I want to meet him greatly.
Speaker 3: I want a meet and greet. He's not ugly, that's rude.
Speaker 4: I did say.
Speaker 3: I thought he just.
Speaker 4: A track. What did you say? What did you do?
Speaker 1: What you say?
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly?
Speaker 4: No, I swear I did not.
Speaker 3: Play the track bags. We'm in gasp right now.
Speaker 2: I swear I'm not saying he's ugly. So he's ugly's ugly.
Speaker 1: We can't play it back right now morning, but he can look back.
Speaker 3: I swear I didn't say he edits. The party will cut it.
Speaker 1: Out anything, but you won't be editing this one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well good, we'll get to the bottom of it. I did not say he's ugly.
Speaker 4: I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Imagine imagine if we played back and it like came out of me. I didn't even know. I think, Cary, I'm scared. That is so funny. You literally he's ugly. No, he's not ugly.
Speaker 2: I'm actually freaking out if you because I'm going did he definitely said ugly?
Speaker 3: But what do you said before?
Speaker 1: I don't know because I kind of didn't.
Speaker 3: He didn't.
Speaker 2: I said he quick baits, and then you said working me and Alice said, I says it clearly or something.
Speaker 4: I don't remember. Now it's all male Gin's.
Speaker 1: Maybe he didn't say he's ugly.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to figure out what you said. It's so funny if you said that without even knowing.
Speaker 1: To spiral all day about that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, fingers crossed for me in Great Tickets because I just would love to say hello, Like I just like to be like, hey, yeah, I love him. Anyway, what's your roll flash? Well, I'm sweating talking about yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, so my royal flush. I'm going to keep it on the theme of the fifty thousand topics that we've spoken about in this episode. Today, I saw a TikTok by a girl named Sophia. Oh, she follows me. I'm going to follow her back she is doing a bit of rejection therapy in public, like doing things that are embarrassing, and she did a video boarding a plane saying rejection therapy. I'm going to ask to say hi to the pilot, and she did it. Do you want me to show you the video?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay. I don't know if playing it in here will give anyone any context, but just in case, say hi to a thirty nine.
Speaker 3: Give me one for a second.
Speaker 1: Thank you, because she comes back up.
Speaker 2: I'll let you down.
Speaker 1: Do you think I'll be able to say you're in the pilot? Got there right now?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Ask him for a treating card.
Speaker 1: What's a training card?
Speaker 4: Sounds to go?
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I think she wants to say hi. You know what this is reminded me of the teaktoks where you will pass the business people and they look at you with this. Just put your bag right here. Thank you for tating Sopia Cynthia, Sofia, Sofia. Wow, this is Colia. I just wanted to say high and thank you so much for what you do.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I take a lot of flights and I always appreciate that you guys fly. It was that long as well, especially going on the way. Don't want to read that's cool? Thank you in Connecticut?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so are there four of you?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Oh you take ship care.
Speaker 3: That's so cool. We'll do three hours and to start before.
Speaker 1: I've always been so interested. Do you mind if I take a quick photo?
Speaker 3: Thank you so much?
Speaker 1: Do you want to be in it?
Speaker 3: Do you want me?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Isn't that the coolest?
Speaker 1: So basically, if that audio clip didn't play, because it probably won't provide you enough context. She asked the flight attendant, can I say heard of the pilot? Thinking that she might get rejected, but the flight here goes, yeah, sure, go down there now.
Speaker 2: And how good as well? When the other flight attendant was like, oh, I'll go and get it for you, and he was like, oh no, she wants to say hi. Yeah, but that's like an extra little So she's.
Speaker 1: Flying to America and then the air hostess goes ask ask them for a trading card. So then she gets given and like they she goes into the cockpit and they all like get a video together. There's four of them in there, and they like seem genuinely happy to see her. So then she got these little trading cards and they're just like little collectible cards.
Speaker 3: And it says flight that you're on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says the plane that you're on. And then I saw that it was heartwarming like Fortnite. And then in the comments, a lot of people who are flight attendants and pilots were saying, like, we get so lonely, so we love when people want to say hi to us. But then I wasn't sure if like her doing this because it's gone kind of viral, Like how many views has this video got? One million? I wonder if we're going to see like a rise of like people wanting to say hi to the pilot yeah, and then they're going to get annoyed by it. I just thought that was really cool because it's so true, like you don't see the pilot really ever, and like they're flying the plane for so.
Speaker 3: Long and the only thing you hear from the pilot.
Speaker 4: Is and you go, thanks mate.
Speaker 3: I heard every word.
Speaker 1: Wait. And also, do you want to know something that a friend and I were talking about recently, Being in a plane for a really long period of time is scary in itself, right, Like it is terrifying. But why do we so comfortably put the trust in everyone else on that plane. Like let's say you're going on a fifteen hour flight. We're just trusting that all these random people that are sitting around us are just going to behave and be normal humans for that long. Like someone could just lose their shit, Like someone could just absolutely like murder everyone, and they have like they could just murder everyone. We put so much trust into others that they're just going to sit and be quiet for fifteen hours and not go crazy. That's scary.
Speaker 2: And you're about to do what twenty two hours in a couple of years, from Sydney to Rome.
Speaker 1: In a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've got the news.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, fl Yeah, isn't it twenty four hours? Twenty two hours? Would you go on that flight? I think we already spoke about this, probably get it over with. But would you do it in economy?
Speaker 2: No economy minimum? Yeah, because premium economy is not that bad. Yeah, it's basically business. You just can't lie flat. As I've said before, I love premium economy. Yeah, and you just buy an economy and then you upgrade with your points. This is why you all need to be doing the points down and because you.
Speaker 1: Know, but anyway, that is my Royal flash number one because I love when I see people doing that exposure therapy stuff. Yeah, just putting themselves out there and doing something embarrassing. But that was heartwarming to me seeing them be so happy to see her and say hello.
Speaker 2: But they were all American, and I think that's a big difference because, as we said, when we went to America, remember I was like lost in Madison Square Garden and that person it wasn't their job, but they came over to me and they were like.
Speaker 3: You look lost, do you need help?
Speaker 2: And they helped me for like five minutes and then like you know, it wasn't for a tip or anything like that. But I came home from America. The one thing I noticed that customer service ninety nine percent of the time was like above and beyond, even for people who worked in a role that necessarily didn't get tipped, because you expect them to give good customer service if you're getting tiped. But look at those flight attendants. You're not tipping a flight attendant. But they were so warm and so and even for him to be like, oh, she wants to say hi and correct the other person. For the customer blah blah blahlah blah. I just fell in Australia. If I said, hey, can I see the pilot, they go no, sorry, please take your seat?
Speaker 1: You reckon? Yeah, why don't you try it?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: I will, But do you want to know what's crazy?
Speaker 3: Is I this tour?
Speaker 2: Every single flight I've been on, the flight attendant has known me, which is crazy, every single.
Speaker 1: Every single So then you'll be more likely to even.
Speaker 2: Flew this like random little one because we had the pot or something. I flew out of Newcastle to come back to Newcastle to record the podcast, and I was on the Alliance as someone was called an Alliance flight, so a tiny plane, and even the flight attendant there knew who I wasn't anyway, she has a TikTok and I'm not going to be able to find it for the life of me. But she did a story time of meeting me. Oh no, I will be able to find it because I reposted it because I was like, this makes me look good, and oh yeah, here we go. It's called in flight entertainment. Her name's Erica and she saw me on the flight and her name is the short stuff Flighty. She just look up Erica in Flight Entertainment. Surely it'll come up. I've reposted it as well, so you can look at my repost on TikTok. But she told the story of how she met me and like she was a little weird and I misthought so she asked me if I how to if I wanted a drink and you know, on the trolley, and I said, oh, no, thank you, and then I put my head back down and then she just like stroked my arm and I was like, oh, she mustn't have heard me. So I looked up again and be like, oh, sorry, no, I don't want anything. And then she was like, I love you. So I took my headphones off and had a conversation with her. But then she did a story time of being like, oh my god, I'm like so it was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: But then that's so funny because when ag and I were coming back from Adelaide the other day, I was like, at the front of the plane, you know, there's always like a flight attendant that's working the back and the front, And so we boarded and there was a guy, a flight attendant working down the back, but he must have come up the front like for a second, and then he looked at me and he was like Brittany, and I was like yeah, and he goes, I love you, and then he walked away like very quickly, and then like that was our interaction, Like that was it. And then I got a DM like a few hours later being like that was me on the flight and I'm so embarrassed by what I said. And I'm like, you're so fine.
Speaker 3: So nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like even on one of the flights, someone gave me a little her name was Trinity. Shout out to Trinity if she knows, because she gave me a little if she listened, sorry, because she gave me a little note and that was really lovely. And then another one I don't remember their name, but they brought over a couple of alcoholic beverages. I'm like, I'm going to have to save it for the quick whip.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about drinking on a plane.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, fabulous. Well on that note, should we wrap this up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's another episode done in Dustin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks for listening, scrollers. Don't forget. We've got episodes Tuesdays and Fridays. Plus you can now listen. You can now watch sorry on YouTube, go to the High Scrollers YouTube channel. On Fridays, our Tuesday episodes go live. You can watch the entire episode Onday. No, I think they've pushed it to Fridays just because we're doing so much, because we're so popular and there's so many things to do. Because you also get a bonus YouTube.
Speaker 1: Exclusive on Fridays as well.
Speaker 3: I thought that was on Sundays, but I don't know. No, you get two videos on a.
Speaker 1: Friday, Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: We might have to you know, all that information will be down in the description for you. Okay, yes, don't forget to get your hands on the new fake jeans. When are they launching? They're out now? Yeah, good, And don't forget to get your tickets to bring back Flammator. I'm coming Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Newcastles, sold out, Sari because of me, Bendy got half of the Central Coast, Tamworth, Coffs Harbor Scrollers. This is your last chance to see the show. Please come see because it's only getting better and better and better, and then I'm not leaving the house ever again.
Speaker 3: Anyway, done better.
Speaker 4: Let you go.
Speaker 2: I gotta go look at videos of Benson Boom.
Speaker 3: Well, now what do we do?
Speaker 1: No one's here waited the toilet.
Speaker 2: Sorry to whoever's editing this, Sorry to anyone want to use the toilet after Xander.
Speaker 3: Those nuggets, those chick nuggets.
Speaker 1: Leave that in. Leave that in at the little ending. Don't tell and don't tell. Okay, whoever is editing, please leave that little bit, please leave it in. Okay, Bye scrollers