Speaker 1: Apogee Production. Welcome to the She Rises Podcast. I'm Ashley and I'm Tiana.
Speaker 2: This podcast is about female empowerment and encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 1: We help you shed the shame, grow to a new level. We're gonna laugh, cry, and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 2: Get ready for your next level of self.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, Welcome back to She Rises. Today. We're talking about being sober. It's a little bit of a controversial topic and I'm sure we may ruffle a few feathers, but come in with an open mind. Hear our perspective and our reasoning why. And we're not coming on here to say never drink alcohol again. We are surrounded by people that love to have a drink, some more than others. Most of my friends love to have a drink though or have previous in the past, and there's no judgment on that. There's just reasons why we don't value it and why it hasn't served us and why we are now fully sober. I actually had a sip of a cocktail last night. It was disgusting, did you It was purely out of a reaction because Sarah was like, oh my god, it's so funny when actually like drinks our cogs. My face is just like, it's easy for me not to drink, so I don't even like the taste of it. It was some like cherry one ooh it.
Speaker 2: Was so bad.
Speaker 1: But otherwise, yeah, we don't drink. So it's an interesting conversation. But before we get into it. Share of the Week, t want me to go first and see you go first. Okay, this is something Steve sent me on Facebook. You saw a post. I can't quote who wrote it, but it was so cool I'm gonna read it out. You're holding a cup of coffee when someone comes along and bumps into you or shakes your arm, making you spill your coffee everywhere. Why did you smell the coffee? Well, because someone bummed into me. Wrong answer. You spilled the coffee because there was coffee in your cup. Had there be tea in your cup, you would have spilled tea. Whatever is inside the cup is what will spill out. Therefore, when life comes along and shakes you, which it will happen, whatever is inside you will come out. It's easy to fake it until you get rattled, So we have to ask ourselves what's in my cup when life gets tough? What spills over? Is it joy, gratitude, peace and humility? Or is it anger, bitterness, victim mentality and quitting tendencies? Life provides the cup, You choose how you feel it. So today, let's work towards filling our cups with gratitude, forgiveness, joy, words of affirmation, resilience, positivity and kindness, gentleness and love for ourselves and others. Isn't that so true when you get rattled, it comes out. Yeah, it's so true of seeing that in ourselves and so many other people. I just love that. When you said that to me, I was like, wow, I think I read it to you on the way to the gym.
Speaker 2: I beautiful analogy is it gives you like a visual description of what it's like to like to really understand like taking responsibility in a way like it's not because of other people. It's like you are responsible for how you're responding to life almost.
Speaker 1: And even when you get rattled, like you want your cup to spill out with compassion and love for yourself and what you're going through or for others and what they're going through, Like you don't want to be angry, you don't want to be reseentful, you don't want to be getting revenge, and like spitting venom out. You think it's gonna make you feel better, but it won't. It's not how I want to show up. It's really cool.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's yours?
Speaker 2: My share of the week. It's a product is a little bit more random, but I'm gonna butcher the name of X. I always do. But it's this really hydrating, thick moisturizing cream that's from like Flatneries or something. It's like a health food store. I've been using it recently, like day and night, and I kid you not, Like my skin has been so like hydrated and plump and like just been so nice that I haven't even really been wearing makeup through the day, but like a tiny bit of a scar on and maybe a little bit of lipliner and I'm good to go. And normally, like I love makeup, Like I love doing my makeup. I find it's so fun and like such a creative outlet for me. So I'm like I love to do it, but I don't feel like I need to. I think it's Fordella Widella Food for Skin or something food for skin. Yeah, yeah, I always butcher it. But yeah, it's that it's a really really good product and like so like well priced as well. I'm just like I need like twenty of them in my coverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it comes in a dark green and a light green. So the dark green is a really thick one and then a light green is like more than every day one. But the thick one I like to use at nighttime. I can't use it thick one in the morning it's too much because I wear foundation. I feel like it makes my skin more shiny. Yeah, but at nighttime it's like a full mask almost, like it's so thick and beautiful and it's all clean, natural ingredients. Yea.
Speaker 2: I just love it because I get really dry skin, so like someone gets dry skin, I'm like when I have that, I'm like, it absorbs in my skin really well. So all my drug Alley's out here, you'll love it.
Speaker 1: Yes, And it is really cheap. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it was like thirteen Oh I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's around that.
Speaker 2: It's around that like thirteen or fifteen dollars or something. For like a tube like this.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Yeah, so cool. Yeah, all right, let's get into it. Let's do it. We're both sober queens.
Speaker 2: We are, and I'm like talking like one hundred percent sober. Not I drink on a weekend or I drink on a birthday or a special occasion, like a one of a kind of galeah.
Speaker 1: And I think, apart from my one sip last night just for the lolls, I could not tell you the last time I had a drink, probably before Tala, I think, And the last time I was drunk, I would think I was around maybe twenty six or maybe ten years ago. Yeah, long time ago. Yeah, So tell me about your story with alcohol. I know you went through a little party stage where Tatiana was a bit wild. Did you love it? Did you have a good time? And then what made you stop?
Speaker 2: I did love it. I always found it so fun. I felt like when I would drink, it was like a different version of me got to be expressed. And this is why I talk about not suppressing parts of yourself the whole other conversation, but a different part of me like came out. It was like a care free version of Tiana Tiana who didn't care about what other people thought. Someone who just was free.
Speaker 1: In a critic gets silenced through alcohol more substances.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and through that party phase, it was also like a I care about what other people thought. And also I was trying to suppress a few things, like if you had guys have listened to the other podcast episode about my sex tape, Like I was suppressing a lot of things and feelings and emotions from that phase that, you know, alcohol became like a clutch for me where I was like, oh, but then I didn't care about what people thought even more of me, and I could do whatever I wanted and I could be free and you know, but it.
Speaker 1: Got to do a good feeling in the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was like, oh, it was like unleashed, like this just carefree version of myself. You just didn't give a shit, you know. But then it became like unhealthy and I remember just like pushing myself to the limit, you know, partying every weekend and like dabbling in you know, party drugs and you know, drinking all the time, and just wasn't like a healthy version of myself or someone that I was proud of, even I just wouldn't make the best decisions, and I wake up and I feel shameful about it the next day, or you know, just judge myself for it and be like this isn't the person you say that you want to be, you know, but we're doing that, so it's like what are we doing here kind of thing. And I remember even like accidentally, like putting myself in hospital. I accidentally overdid it one night and I dabbled in a few different party drugs and stuff like that. And after a weekend, I realized that I couldn't move my neck. And I couldn't move my neck for like five days. So I laid in bed, told my work that I was sick. I was still working in construction at the time, so I was working for my dad and I was sick, couldn't get out of bed, couldn't move, couldn't sleep, and I cried all night. I went to the doctors on the Friday, and I called my mom and I was like, Mom, like, this is what's happening, bulled my eyes out. She's like, what the fuck? Tiana like you're okay. Anyway, went to the hospital and they told me that my neck was like temporarily paralyzed because whatever I had taken or mixed or whatever, just like silly drugs, did something to like my spine. Whoa yeah, and so I had to get like this needle that was like this long in my spine and anyway, they ended up giving me fluids and stuff, and I was like thankfully, like fine, but it was like up cool that moment. I was just like, You're never doing this again, ever again. And I stopped drinking after that.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's so cool, Like what a pivotal moment. It's universe.
Speaker 2: I scared the daylight out of me, Babe. I was terrified because, yeah, I was like something bad could really happen. And I don't know what's in these things that I'm taking and having fun on and also using in a not very productive way, like I'm using to escape my life, you know, to escape myself things that I don't want to feel anymore. And I was just like, you're not this version of yourself, Like this is not who you are, so let's do something about it. And I made a promise to myself and I never looked back. Wow, literally stopped from that, but like obviously I still drank on birthdays and occasions and things like that, but never to the point where I would get drunk again. Yeah, big difference, big difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's how we're not on here, Like saying never drinking. I've got friends that have very healthy relationships with alcohol, but there's sometimes when people go so but there's normally like a big pivotal moment or or something that just makes them go at yeah, it's not safe, it's not good, it doesn't serve me. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's definitely part of the reason why I stopped. But then also as I grew, I realized, oh, wow, like I can make so much more progress when I'm not drinking every weekend. You know, my fitness goals, my life goals, my business goals, Like I'm on track and I'm not undoing all the work I'm doing on the weekday over two days of the weekend and then having to start fresh on Monday, like having undone all the work that I just did and achieved. And I was like, wow, I can actually make progress with this. And then I started to become really proud of myself and I was like it's cool. It kind of became like this little thing where I was like yeah, I don't drink, and I was like, and I drink, Like it just became fun for me. It was like a game with myself being like, you don't have to do this anymore, Like you can learn to have fun without alcohol.
Speaker 1: It's cool.
Speaker 2: And it was such a cool transition. It was hard, but it was cool.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah, mine was more different, Like I think mine's more childhood trom growing up was I felt like my parents and just everyone around me drank a lot, even going into my teen years. Like I remember at school, he's even like just my friends just partying so hard and me just seeing how they were acting and the things that they did and then regretted and hated themselves for. Like I remember one night I went to bed, it didn't go out partying at schoolies, and I woke up to one of my girlfriends you pulled over my bedside table at a hotel, pulled a pants and it just started like wing in the drawer and my brain new phone was on the floor charging. Oh no, I'd like worked so hard to save up for because back then it wasn't on a plan or anything, and she ruined my phone. I was just so upset and just so many situations that they got into. And I had moments where I got really drunk as a teenager, but like it was just an awful experience. It was never a time where I was like, wow, that was so much fun, and it was like, what the fuck happened last night? And I was so sick the next day, like I cannot handle my alcohol. I will get so hung over the next day. And there was just never anything good that came from. And then when I met Steve, we partied a little bit together and we went to festivals and our whole crew was like, you know, we went through our party phase and it was just it was a lot of fun and I really tried to fit in and do the things, but it just never felt right. And then yeah, as I got older, I just stopped really drinking. And I definitely doubled in party drugs too when I was younger, and that wasn't for very long. That never felt really good for me. I think I just did it to fit in and try it, and like, yeah, I had some fun times, but it never felt good for me, and it made me so riddled with anxiety. Like if I had a big night I went to a festival like the whole next week, I was just riddled with anxiety. My skin would break out. I would just feel so dysregulated and just awful. See as I got older, I kind of just like slowed right down. And then it was like I would have wanted a birthday just to fit in. I felt like, Oh, maybe it'd be nice this time, Maybe I'll enjoy the flavor I found Amorto stole. It's probably the only drinker would have. I do like the taste of that, but it's so sweet. Yeah, And then I suppose I just watched my Beautiful girl from Makes You go on a journey of giving up alcohol, and it was really cool to go through that with her and share my perspectives. And I think at the end of the day it was like deciding to not drink was quite an easy decision because it's like, what do I value in my life? I value health, always value being healthy. Alcohod doesn't fit that. I value connection. Being drunk is not true connection. It's like, Ooh, you think you're connected, but it's not with yourself and with other people. I value glowing skin. My skin would always break out if I had alcohol to get like two or three raging big pimples. It's aw four. I value my energy, I value my sleep, and I value a really regulated nervous system. I value my career and being able to show up for women and when I'm drinking and partying, like, I can't do any of that. So why would I let that one thing that I don't value negatively impact everything I do value. It's an easy answer. Yeah, So, yeah, it's been really cool. And yeah, I can't remember the last time I had a proper drink. And Steve has given up alcohol, which is really cool, just in like the last year. And yeah, it's been really awesome. Megs, he doesn't drink anymore. A lot of people around me are really stopping drinking. I think a lot of people have a story that they have to drink to have fun, or have to drink to connect, but you actually don't. When you're around your people and people that you truly connect with, you have just as much fun.
Speaker 2: It's so much.
Speaker 1: I went to Tasha's wedding last year. I was a person that was on the dance for like the most and Steve was sitting back because you're like, it's wild. People would think you were the drunkest person he are because you were the craziest when doing like the Nutbush and all the dancers, and I'm just like whoa like, don't care what anyone thinks. I'm the life of the party and I haven't had one sip of alcohol. Yeah, and that's so cool. Yeah, I am that vibration and energy naturally, I need something to like give me that.
Speaker 2: You know, isn't that so beautiful when you can lean on that seeing yourself like, because it is so I feel like a lot of people have that story that you need alcohol to have fun or maybe even need alcohol to take the edge off, yes, of that anxiety.
Speaker 1: Give liquid courage, yeah, liquid courage you.
Speaker 2: Know, or like they're just to make you feel a little bit more comfortable in that environment. Yes, but it's like you do overcome that when you are even to get clear on what it is that you value and asking yourself like does this actually align with what I do want for myself and who I believe that I am such a huge conversation to have because you know, there has.
Speaker 1: Been moments where I felt pressure. I'm not sure if you have to where you're in environments where everyone's like have it drink will. But for me, the easy way out of it was I would just get like a soda would and put line and it. So they've got my drink and I think it's vodcast. It's the easiest thing out anybody needs to do with shots. Throw it over my shoulder.
Speaker 2: Stop.
Speaker 1: I did, because if they're all shotting their bag, they're not looking at you. So I'd literally throw the liquid over my shoulder and they think about a shot. Smart and the pressure's all gone. But now it's not even hiding it. It's like I don't drink. Yeah, And if they are like, I'm like, I don't drink. Like, why is alcohol the one drug we pressure people to have and sal right and put people down if they don't have it? That is wild to me. It's still a substance. It's still a type of a drug. Why is that thing? It's just so normalized, and especially in the Australian culture. Yeah, I think it's really hard for men. They really connect through drinking. It's so common to like get together and have beers or whatever. I feel like it's a lot harder for men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the soda water and I used to do that too, Yeah, but it was more so when I was on my going sober journey. But I still wanted to interact with the fun yes, because I still wanted to still be out and still be.
Speaker 1: So experience of having a drink is nice, still.
Speaker 2: Do those things, but I wasn't yet ready to be faced with the pushback of oh, why aren't you drinking? Yes, why aren't you doing it with us? And the peer pressure of like, just do it. You're gonna end up knowing it anyway, you're gonna be fine, Like you'll be drinking in an hour anyway, And I was like, oh, maybe in an hour, I might have a drink. So I up until the point where I felt so strong in that boundary where I was like no, I'm good, there's no one who can influence me in this decision. Then I was like, yep, nope, now I'm not drinking. Yeah, And you know it's funny. Like one of my girlfriends, Darcy love her, and we were having a conversation and we had like a dinner, and she was like, oh, like, are you like not having a drink because she likes to have a drink every now and again, And I was like, oh no, no, no, like I'm not gonna have a drink. She's like, oh, I won't have one with you. I don't want to influence you. And I was thinking, I literally said to her, baby, you couldn't even influence me if you tried, you know, because you do, so you do get to such a point within yourself that you're like, my value of who I want to be and what I choose to myself is more important than just having a one off drink for what reason?
Speaker 1: What reason?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And coming from somebody who had a serious party phase, like that's a huge thing, you know, to be able to see the contrast of like, you know, that lifestyle in comparison to the lifestyle that I have now and valuing and loving wholeheartedly my lifestyle now so much more that I don't even think about having a drink. Like you've asked me this before, where you've been like would you have a drink if we did a girl's trip and we went to Bali or whatever?
Speaker 1: And I was like, you know, probably not, yeah, And there wasn't from a place of trying to pressure, it was just curiosity of like, oh, I wonder on holidays do you have a drink? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like what would your perspective be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, different different environment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was curiosity And I loved that because I was like, oh, you know what, like it probably wouldn't mean yeah, I just don't feel pulled to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, same, so cool. I love it so a little while ago, I was really taken back, but like in such awe of you for this, because I would have been scared to be this bold as you saying to me like, I won't date someone if they drink alcohol because you were recently single. I was like, what kind of man would you go for?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: And I think I said to you, what are you going to do if they are a drinker? And you're like, oh, I don't know. I don't date people that drink. And I was like, what do you mean? So if he takes all the boxes but he enjoys the drink, you won't date him? And you're like, no, because it's not what I want. And just how like confident you were on that. I was like wow, And I think it was a bit triggering for me because that's what I would really want. And I'm so glad Steve didn't drink anymore because any arguments we have had over the years has probably been around alcohol, and because of my childhood trauma and everything, it just never bit in with our relationship and it's been so beautiful. He's not drinking now, so I think I was like, WHOA, that's cool that you get to decide that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so how did you.
Speaker 1: Come to that decision? And have you met an amazing guy and he drinks and you're like.
Speaker 2: See, yeah, yeah, it's interesting. So because of my past relationship with alcohol, I know what it's like when you're on it. I know what your thoughts are, like, I know where your head's at. I understand what it feels like to be in that like murky energy of drinking alcohol you don't think clearly. I know what it feels like to be in that position. So when I meet somebody now that is in a position where they're still doing those things, it allows me to see where they're at mentally, and it's not judgment or anything like that. For me, I need my partner to be somebody who can influence me and in a really positive way and help me get closer to the person I want to be, not further away. And so the way that I kind of interpret that in my head is like, Okay, somebody who would be drinking, going out all the time, enjoying, like really loves looking forward to those things. In my head, I feel like I'm going backwards. I feel like that's taking me closer to eighteen year old Tiana who love to drink, as opposed to you know, future thirty year old Tiana, who wants to create amazing things for her life, you know. And so for me it feels a little bit like an ick, you know where it's like. And again, no judgment on anybody who chooses to drink, but for me, specifically with an intimate partner, I just want that man to be so straight and has self control and is disciplined and isn't influenced or tempted by those things. And for me, that's a fucking man.
Speaker 1: And shares the same value of health, which our cult doesn't really fit in.
Speaker 2: My life value of health. I want them to value their health, like I talk to you about this all the time, you know, And so I just would love to have somebody who has the same values of me and to not bring things into my life to influence me in a negative way. I'm very protective of my space and my environment, and I'm just really mindful of those things. So cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome. And you get to decide what you do and don't want also.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, permission to just be like, that's a non negotial. For example, I'm seeing somebody. We had a conversation the other day randomly about I don't even know how he got onto the topic of cigarettes, and I was like, that's a non negotibal for me straight too, and he was just like, oh wow, really, like because he didn't know, we hadn't had this conversation, not that he smokes or anything. Yeah, but he's had like a party past as well, so he also understands.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was like, oh wow really And I was like absolutely, yeah, non negotiable for me, done full stop, Like there's no conversation about it. I get to want those things, you know. It's a standard I hold for myself, and I very much often hold the people in my life to the same standard that I for myself.
Speaker 1: We both went to an event recently and was like, what do you do it? I think he asked us on a Friday. You were like, what are you doing tonight? It's like nothing? You like you want to come to this you restaurant opening restaurant. I was like, restaurant, Yes, it's scene on the highway. It's like, oh one of it's like Asian cuisine, and I was like, yes, hungry, Like, let's do it. We invited Meg and then we walked up the stairs and I can hear music palmping, and I was like, oh, walk up there and it's just like a full blown bar party scene. Every man and his dog was there. It was dressed to impress, and nothing wrong with that, but it's just like we thought we're gonna have a nice, quite sit down and yeah, why the new menu, And like I think we felt so not out of place, but we didn't even hear you.
Speaker 2: We felt out of place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I was like, I actually can't fucking hear you, so don't bother talking to me each other literally and then like color people come up and said hello, but I was like, I can't hear you. So we're calling up all these different restaurants set where we can get in. Everywhere's booked own. I'm like I'm hungry, ah, But it was just interesting to be put back in that environment of party and drinking and like socializing and small chit chat, and I was like, oh, I knew I didn't like this, but I really don't like this.
Speaker 2: I think it was a good piece of evidence for us to kind of back into that environment, to just see how we feel in that space. I did really feel out of place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and also.
Speaker 2: Because we went into it with the expectation that it's going to be a restaurant, you know, and I think probably if we had known that it was a bar, we probably wouldn't have gone the bar opening. We were like sardines in there, like everyone was like so there were glasses being broken accidentally.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was a mess.
Speaker 2: Like you know, it was a really beautiful place, but it's just different. It's to be in that environment.
Speaker 1: And I love getting dressed off and getting ready to do makeup and taking photos and like going places, but just not the party vibe.
Speaker 2: What was Stephanie thinking when we first went into the bar. I don't know if Stephanie was there, No, was Tatiana there? What should mean a bit judging a little bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Stephanie was because I just said that, so I must have been doing the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I was a little bit like I'm above this stuff.
Speaker 1: You are in a different vibration to them. You are on a different level to people that are drinking. Yeah, and that's the hobby. Like it's different.
Speaker 2: And not that I thought I was better than anyone any means, but more so like I'm above this behavior. I don't resonate here.
Speaker 1: Anything conscious when you're drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, like I don't resonate here anymore. Not to say that people can't go and have fun. Everyone does it in their own way. But for me, what I used to do to who I am now very young.
Speaker 1: Well, like you said, it kind of takes you back to eighteen year old Tiana, and you're twenty six year old Tiana, who's like galling different things now. So it does feel like you're above and past that stage of life. I can't think of a specific judgment, but I'm sure it. Stephanie had moments of just like it. I didn't like being in that environment, yeah, and I remember not wanting to pressure you girls to leave, but I was also just like, it's not for me. One thing I am open to, which we briefly spoke about in the last podcast, is mushrooms, though, which I know you've done plenty of times and had such beautiful experiences and learnings and downloads and done heaps of shadow work. I'm so excited to experience that. But it comes from a different intention. Like when we do mushrooms, it's like we want to get to the deepest, darkest wounds. I want to find out why I'm doing XYZ and like how to move through this guilt and shame and like bring it all up because the mushrooms take away the ego, takeaway the inner critic. I'm so excited to experience that serience that in Ayahuascar, which once again it's like it's a different intention. Yeah, there's such a different energy in feeling behind plant based medicines compared to party drugs, now cold intentions everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, even you're doing Ayahuascar, Like that's such a holistic journey. Everybody healing different perspective. But you go into the intention to clear out whatever it is it's blocking you, Yeah, or understand yourself, to.
Speaker 1: Understand yourself deeper.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that's a through trauma release. Same thing with like mushrooms. That's the previous experiences I've had has been how can I connect with myself in ways I don't yet know how what can I release, what can I heal through? How can I create deeper connection with the people that I love and create like an even deeper space of safety and certainty and connection without any ego.
Speaker 1: That excites me. Yeah, it still scares me though, because I don't like being out of control. It's a big reason why I don't drink as well, because I don't like to not being con of what I'm saying and how I'm reacting and what I'm doing. Like that feels icky for me. So I'm scared of it. But I think because it's me and you and we've planned out where it's going to be and how it's going to be, I feel so safe. And I did ih ooscar with Steve, so I just felt so safe with he might just feel safe with anything.
Speaker 2: So fine. Yeah, it's like it doesn't feel at least in my personal experience, it doesn't feel like you're out of control. It just feels like you have this heightened sense of awareness and you can see everything from like a higher perspective. So and when you are sharing things, and like say, if we sit down and we ask each other questions, when you are answering those questions, it's like your shield for self protection just goes away. You just like blurt out all this stuff, but just you just don't care because you're not scared of judgment and you're not terrified or fearful of saying what feels true for you. You're just like, this is my truth. And then you're like, holy fuck, did I just say that? But then it's like I know these people have got me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so safe.
Speaker 2: We're so fine, like wait to get it. Yeah, so fun, Yeah, so fun.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us, guys. I hope you enjoyed our perspective on alcohol and yeah, I suppose a good opportunity for you to kind of do an audit on your life and reflect on what you value and doesn't fit in with that yeah and maybe it doesn't. Yeah, And how to change your mind and do things differently.
Speaker 2: Yeah what you just said as well. I remember thinking to myself and just changing completely one day and leaving everything that I used to do behind. It was like, from this day forward, I choose to be this version of myself. And I just want to remind you, like, you don't owe it to anybody to stay the exact same version of yourself that you used to be. Like, give yourself permission to completely uproot your life if that's what you choose and that's what you want and you're terrified of doing that, give yourself permission that it's actually okay.
Speaker 1: Yes, And you know, along the way, I feel like when you change and evolve, you may lose some friends because maybe they're still wanting to party. You don't align anymore and you don't have the common ground and you're doing different activities on the weekend. Like that might happen, and that transition could be really hard, but you will also attract and bring in new people. Yeah, that be going to meet you where you're at right now, and you've got the common ground of like values that you share and different experiences you want to have together. So it can be scary and daunting, which is really really valid. But also just be really open and excited for what's to come and pose to come in your life that commute you there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hold out for those people as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just be there.
Speaker 2: Be mindful of the part of you that wants to go back into old environments as well to be like, oh but I feel safe, say I feel lonely and I won't to go back there, or maybe I'm scared of if it's not going to come for me. I promise you it will come, and in the meantime come to our own person events. Yes, like yeah, you will get all the connection and meet the same like minded people that are on the same journey as you. Have the same mindset, values and everything that you are about. I promise you if you get yourself in those rooms.
Speaker 1: We'll show you a good time without alcohol. Yeah. Yeah, you'll see Ashley and and Stephanie and who all of the vibe for the party. Yeah, we love it. Oh, thanks joining us, guys, and we'll see you in the next episode. Bye mm hmm.