Speaker 1: We got get morning every day every la adelaides. Sometimes theft can be funny only sometimes. Bloke by the name of Adam Spencer. This was reported by the BBC. He's forty years old. He was arrested by officers in Nottingham Share Shire. Sure, yeah, you've had some England experience, is it shy? I've lived there, Nottingham Share, Nottingham Share on Tuesday. He was charged with two counts of burglary and three counts of theft. Police said Spencer committed series of theft across May and April, starting on the eleventh of April at Tesco, then hitting an Asta on seventeenth of April. During one of these thefts, he took seventeen tubes of pringles, and during questioning told police once you pop, you can't stop. That's what it's all about, yes, Adam, because you can only imagine that at that stage the place will like clever, Adam, Yeah, clever, Off you go.
Speaker 2: It's so keep going. I don't disagree with him. Pringles of very difficult to just have one or two.
Speaker 1: It feels like that could be a genuine excuse as to why you would steal springles because you're right, I can get through seventeen to twenty tubes, no problems at all. Tubes. Tubes, tubes too. They're quite skinny now yeah, yeah, they've decreased a little bit so you can fit more. En I assume.
Speaker 3: What about the ones on the plane, the little baby springles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're no good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're dangerous to you once the kids have attacked them. It's like the crumbs left at the bottom for mum. That is no good.
Speaker 1: They're also about seven bucks of pop. Yeah, they're playing. They're ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would like to rob a Nike store. And then as I'm getting arrested and the place like why why why did you get in this path? And I said, and I just look at him in the face and go, just do it, plice, go go and.
Speaker 2: Get into I wonder if there's ever been any bank robberies through the history of the time where you've got the getaway car driver sitting there waiting for the robber to come out, and the robber comes out and just yells out.
Speaker 6: Stop the card.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. Do we get that on Bodycare?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: That's how about this for a headline? South Korean millennials are using pet rocks to combat loneliness and burn out. It's both funny and sad all at the same TIMEGIC South Korea's unique trend involves buying rocks online and treating them like pets, dressing them up, painting faces on them, and giving them names and beds.
Speaker 3: Why are they little for all? Why are they so lonely in South Korea?
Speaker 1: That's a good question. This transfergs during the COVID nineteen pandemic as a coping mechanism for loneliness, stress, and burnout. Some companies in South Korea are now sell these pet rocks price between five and eleven dollars, with some selling hundreds per month. You've just got to beat those youngster blues, don't you.
Speaker 3: It can be very lonely growing.
Speaker 1: Up, it can be. I was born on a farm. Yeah, born Raisland farm. I went to there was sixteen kids. I was the only one of my years. Had some lonely dimes, sure, but I never wear down that level. I never had pet pet rats.
Speaker 2: You would have, I was going to say, you would have found solace in the animals around you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sheep, cattle, had horses as well. But I genuinely a couple of pet rats as well, did you. I still think about the rats occasionally. It brings me to you though, because back in the Nine Day nineties, just one of these specific in tazzy in a bygone era, Yes, be the lonely lonely well.
Speaker 3: I used to collect Oh no, here we.
Speaker 1: Go, just just a warning. Joe's about to say something about rageous. Just got to make you shake your head and put your head into your hands.
Speaker 3: I used to collect erases.
Speaker 1: Collect what erases? Like rubbers? Oh what does that even mean?
Speaker 2: I was a small child, but I used Some people collected barbies or ca whig?
Speaker 6: Was I collected a racist?
Speaker 1: Where'd you get them from? When people donate them to you? Would you find them in?
Speaker 3: Being the news agents?
Speaker 2: And I remember once I stole one because it's pretty so lonely another one from my collection?
Speaker 3: Coolleen about it, which she made me take it back.
Speaker 1: You know I've said it before, I'll say it again. Hashtag tazzy things.
Speaker 6: Now, that's a job.
Speaker 1: That was a joke. That's a joke, job, a terrible job. Monday Joe's we said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry? And you know who's great in this space?
Speaker 2: He?
Speaker 1: Is there anyone better? Randall Paulus to use the abbey.
Speaker 6: Thank you, good morning.
Speaker 2: So on the on the blue scale this morning, Where does your jokes? No, mine's quite PG actually yeah, all right, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: Well mine's a little bit blue. Okay, do you want to kick things off? It's a really sort of interesting direction. Okay, okay, let's go. Why couldn't the lizard get a girlfriend? I couldn't lose because he had reptile dysfunction. It happens, though, it happens to the best of you.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, question for you, what's the difference between a piano account of tuna and a tube of glue?
Speaker 3: Um? You know you can tune a piano, but you can't piano a tuna.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, why didn't you ask to where.
Speaker 3: The glue comes in?
Speaker 1: Where's the glue coming?
Speaker 2: People get stuck on that.
Speaker 1: It's a double mate different lay.
Speaker 6: But also you did stop like you could have continued.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, that's not how jokes work. When we were quiet. We were quiet, so you could have then said the next bit. Didn't either one of you didn't it occur to you to say, hey, what about the glue?
Speaker 1: All right, get your thinking, get your thinking it's nice.
Speaker 6: Ready.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: A guy goes to an ice cream van and says large cone please, in quite a croaky voice. The vendor says raspberry syrup. Yes, please, replies the bloke with the same painful sounding voice. Crushed nuts, says the vendor. No, says the bloke, pointing to his throat laryngitis.
Speaker 6: That was very PG.
Speaker 1: That was very PG. Nice, Well deliver it. That's good, thoughts Jo.
Speaker 2: No, I just I'm stuck in the crush nuts bit, just digesting that.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, do you know what? We'll speak about it in this song? Let's talk in a monologue?
Speaker 2: Can we?
Speaker 1: This is a strange new space for me. Would you believe it? And it turns out not everyone has an internal monologue and you Studies revealed that those who do not have one may struggle to perform certain memory tests and you studies reveal that those who do not have one may perform you certain I already said that, but I've already it. See what I'm talking about here? This is crazy. So in this study published in the Journal of Psychological Science, great journal, by the way, really good journal.
Speaker 3: Half all the journals that I read, shelf half.
Speaker 1: Of the participants had very little in a voice, while the other half had a very strong inner speech. There was a small percentage that didn't have one at all. Joe's I think on one of those people, where do you sit? I don't think I have an internal monologue? Right, so explain to me quite quickly. And what even isn't in a monologue?
Speaker 2: So it's basically, if you have a thought in your head, can you hear it?
Speaker 1: No? I can't hear anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's going on? All right?
Speaker 1: Is that bad?
Speaker 2: So there's no in a voice in your head saying hey, Andrew, don't run that red light.
Speaker 3: There's no audible voice.
Speaker 1: You know exactly what's going on in my head. This you've got two options. In fact, you've probably got three options. Of course, you've got the little monkey playing symbols. There is.
Speaker 3: Do you have a name?
Speaker 1: He shall remain nameless, because how could you put a name on such a thing of beauty?
Speaker 3: Anonymous?
Speaker 1: There's a little bit of a theme song when I'm walking around, and then sometimes it to combine beautifully, and that's I think that's mine too, A monolold two yes, And I think that's the extent of my internal monolog and that's it, And is is that normal?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: What's going on in your head?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a woman, so at any given time there are I reckon approximately fifteen thousand, eight hundred and seventy six thoughts going on at the same time.
Speaker 1: All sort of clashing over the top of each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They range from what are the kids doing? What are we having for dinner? What am I saying on the radio? What's happening in Channel ten? Should I be in the news? Am I on the news?
Speaker 1: That sort of vibe, you know, Okay, what about you news reader? Have you you just over analyzing everything? And what's your internal monolold saying right.
Speaker 2: Here, Hers, I know hers, I hate everyone and everything.
Speaker 3: That's it, full stop.
Speaker 2: No. On the other side of that, it's oh they don't like me. Oh they just looked at me. Oh they think I'm ugly. Oh they think I'm this. It's constantly constantly going, I need to do this. When I finish where I'm going to do this. Oh I need to do that. Hastangan tories tank waking up this morning.
Speaker 1: He's getting old and you hearing that back in your voice because your voice, you're hearing that.
Speaker 3: Back constantly what's wrong with me? Can you just do the simple thing again?
Speaker 1: It's peaceful.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be out of my head, you know, at.
Speaker 1: Least jump into my brain and let's go for a nice let's move right, shall we.
Speaker 3: It's good because it would be relaxing.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't it. No deep thoughts here.
Speaker 3: I never thought I would say this, Abs. I really want to.
Speaker 2: Be a man.
Speaker 6: I know, I know.
Speaker 2: We'll leave you at this ready, R Let's talk about your muffin, Abby, excuse.
Speaker 6: Me very very much?
Speaker 3: What about this story?
Speaker 2: During the week, it was reported a young man was taken by surprise when he discovered he had been charged a one dollar standard heating fee for the seven dollar muffin he had ordered to have with a coffee at a Melbourne cafe.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, very Melbourne, isn't it.
Speaker 2: He took to Facebook and he said they just added to the bill without telling you, adding he would have had the muffin cold if he had known he was going to.
Speaker 3: Be charged for its warming.
Speaker 2: Hey, onduce, that was already seven dollars. Yes, that's just an expensive muffet to be like a steak muffin. They're like the ones at Woolworth they're like this white chocolate and raspberry and they come in a four pack and they're really expensive, so only eat and when mum busn't.
Speaker 3: But they're so much. Oh my god, oh my god.
Speaker 2: You're a woman in your mid thirties who has to wait for your mum to buy the expensive.
Speaker 6: Reference because they're so expensive.
Speaker 2: But anyway, yeah, outrageous little fees that they just add in every now and then. So we were in Melbourne actually and we went to a restaurant and they didn't have table service. It was just a QR code, which you know how I feel about justice, you love because you are, And there was a surcharge of two dollars for using the QR coach. Most of them do that, what Yeah, most of them have like a service fee on there, which I don't understand because you're not getting getting.
Speaker 6: A human over to serve you. No, they're getting it through the kitchen.
Speaker 2: The kitchen's doing it and it's coming straight out, so they're cutting out a person. Not just that I'm doing the ordering myself. It's why am I paying a two dollar search charge?
Speaker 1: On thirteen twenty fourteen. These little ripoffs that are slowly ruining your life. Yeah, it's their little paper cuts, aren't they? Slowly but surely the little paper cuts. I still wonder if there's places out there where you buy a pie and they try and charge you extra for sauce.
Speaker 6: That is so UnAustralian.
Speaker 1: That should be stock standard. And here's the other thing. Breakfast extras, Yes, okay, shouldn't be shouldn't be more than about four bucks. This is so if it's an extra bacon, I understand four bucks, avocado smashed avocado four bucks, but everything else, no way more than four dollars.
Speaker 3: Well, I still think four dollars for extra avocado.
Speaker 2: Du Yeah, yeah, because the whole avocado in like the markets is what a dollar each?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what about.
Speaker 3: Don't start on ship at avocado?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what absolute little terrorists they are? What about halloomi?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How much would that be?
Speaker 2: Oh? Halluomy's good cheese, good cheese, and it is in the supermarkets like six or seven bucksky, so hallomi, Yeah you can have.
Speaker 1: It okay for four bucks yep. But things like tomato beans one hash bran should be like two dollars fifty or three dollars.
Speaker 3: Yes, even less than that. I reckon a dollar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four to ten gives us a call this morning. Those sneaky little hidden costs that are getting you. I think that they shouldn't charge extra for different milk.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: So I get lactose free. Usually I'm not lactose intolerant. I'm just a blanker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what about your milk?
Speaker 2: But it does it makes you feel better. It just makes me let my tummy feel better. And so it goes from Then you go and get a medium coffee and say it's six dollars or six fifty, and all of a sudden you're paying seven dollars from eating coffee because it's fifty cents extra for the milk. So I'm about to be introduced to this world because I think my daughter is is Celiac for you, no more gluten?
Speaker 3: So do they charge you extra for gluten free?
Speaker 6: Yes, gluten free is even though it's a medical condition. Yeah, it's extra.
Speaker 2: And if you go to the shops like gluten free bread, it's smaller and it's more expensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything gluten free is usually more expensive. But in saying that, hell, food aisle. Great, some great things down there. I love that aisle. By the end of this I'll be giving that child to another loving family.
Speaker 1: Seven dollars for a muffin in Melbourne, extra one dollar to heat it up, eight bucks in total. That is an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 2: Outrageous, isn't it? So we're taking your calls thirteen twenty four ten. Those little hidden extra charges and costs, what are they?
Speaker 3: Let's go to Julie for morning Julie, Hi, Jody, Hi, what happened?
Speaker 7: They seemed to be a theme here with hot drinks. But oh it to Adelaide Oval recently to see the Crows game, and I went to a little coffee card at halftime to get my coffee and a hot chocolate. And when I want to pay, I thought that seems a lot, because I like my coffee extra hot, so I'd asked for extra hot. And I said to the guy, Oh, that seems like I'm not sure he've charged me correctly. And he said, I know, we charged an extra dollar for extra hot.
Speaker 1: That's not a thing.
Speaker 7: No, I am not kidding.
Speaker 1: Outrageous, So then how did you go? Then?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Did you was there? Two and fourth from that? Did you guys settle on something or did you just pay it and leave?
Speaker 7: Well he kind of had already wrung it up on the I have my card, you know, hanging over it, ready to go. I thought, what do I do?
Speaker 2: So I say that, Yeah, you sound like a people pleaser like me, jorly, I'll just pay it, just not to make a fo Yeah, I know what do you do?
Speaker 7: But I have to I have to agree with Abby the war wors mphons are with But there's six dollars for four muffins asby, like, come.
Speaker 2: On, come on, more expensive than that, way more expensive than that stores for four muffins.
Speaker 6: Yeah, these ones are like fifteen bucks or something.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Well, how would you know your parents pay?
Speaker 2: How do you know your mummy still takes you to woolwork to buy your grocery?
Speaker 1: Oh, let's got a c biggest rip off, Karen. What do you got o get easy?
Speaker 4: I get up at five am and head off to work, and anytime I stop into a server, I've been charged up to fifty.
Speaker 5: Cents for sauce.
Speaker 1: With my sausage roll. In the morning, I get out of here not.
Speaker 7: A miss, and not just one particular So it could be any given servo right and up to fifty cents.
Speaker 1: It is absolutely ridiculous, absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to sound like your mother here, but are you actually having a sausage roll for breakfast.
Speaker 3: On the way to work? Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: How you get the day started? There we go. It's a lot of good points at Karan ras.
Speaker 2: Wash that down with a fifteen dollar muffin from all worse than away?
Speaker 3: You go, you're on, let's go to Jackie. What's the subtle little charge.
Speaker 7: Of going out for lunch or dinner on a Sunday and you get the twenty percent charge?
Speaker 1: Twenty percent is a lot.
Speaker 7: Of the course of the time bill Sunday day.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, awesome, spam take that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think the argument is, though, is that don't they have to pay like double time on a Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, they've got to pay wages.
Speaker 1: Which I understand, but Sunday versus a public holiday, when it's a public holiday surcharge, I can absolutely understand it. The other thing as well is that sometimes you're in there, you've had a meal or whatever, and then you don't understand that there's a twenty percent surcharge until you go to pay towards the end, and that can really sting your pocket.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sure can, especially for someone like you who can be a little bit tidy.
Speaker 1: Excuse me very much.
Speaker 3: It's got to g O delicious. Hello good, No, we're good. Hell get slugged for g O.
Speaker 1: Oh. You know when you've sat down, you've had a nice meal, but you've over ordered, and then you asked for a takeaway container and that gets slipped on the bill. Dollar two dollars. Does that happen, Joe? I've never really noticed that, because, yeah, I definitely want to take stuff home if there's spare food there, there's at It's.
Speaker 4: Not definitely, not all the time, but sometimes it's just like, oh wow, okay, thank you, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Refer to my previous point about you being a bit tidy.
Speaker 1: Okay, we had.
Speaker 6: A team lunch yesterday and Hazy just ate off everyone else's.
Speaker 1: That is not true.
Speaker 3: Actually did.
Speaker 2: And then this morning I had a toasted sandwich and you went, can I have a bar to that? And I said, yes, absolutely here how huh oh.
Speaker 1: God, this is just I'm not sure gaslighting is, but maybe I said to you you said you on to one and I said, look, if you can't finish it, I tried to gaslight you and say I'll do you a favor and finish.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, but having said that, you never share your food with me.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about relationships for justin one moment. Can we have you ever looked at that old couple that are walking down the street and they're holding hands and they've been together for sixty years and you go, how'd you guys do it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And cheese. They've both got some stories to tell.
Speaker 2: Yes, So a couple's therapist has noticed seven signs of couples who made it. So these are the qualities that got people to the other side of the marriage battleground, if you will. So there's seven things here, and as I say them, I want you to mentally tick them off and see if that's what you're doing in your marriage. To Kara and play along at home, please have a think about, oh, okay, do we do that or do we not do that? And and for the purposes of this exercise, I've brought in producer Zoe who's only in her twenties, but it's just been through a relationship breakup. So here's a few hints and tips for you to get.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate.
Speaker 1: It to be here.
Speaker 3: You soon tell me if it's too so, well, we're here.
Speaker 2: The first one that the therapist noticed about these couples is that they were friends and they genuinely enjoyed each other's.
Speaker 1: That's the most important.
Speaker 2: And they genuinely enjoyed each other's company, and they were excited to come home and hear about each other's day.
Speaker 3: So that's the first one that I had that So, okay, we'll see where I lack.
Speaker 2: They had difficult conversations or you had a difficult conversation.
Speaker 3: It was like this is done.
Speaker 2: No, So they didn't cope by avoiding or denying that anything was wrong.
Speaker 3: So they hit things head on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's hard, and that's really hard for your stock stand a bloke to wipen up and talk about what's exactly on your feelings and you know you're at the jumpman and say, that's me to an absolute tea. My wife will say as well, she said the other day, she'd be like, I'll speak to you week after week, is what's going on? What's going nothing? Nothing? Nothing, And then one night maybe after a beer and a half, I'll be like, hey, I'm ready to talk for an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where did they come from? And she's like, I want to watch the Housewives Atlanta?
Speaker 1: I just want to watch the football.
Speaker 3: This is a good one. They take the mickey out of each other, so you make light of each other's quirks.
Speaker 2: So you might get annoyed by them sometimes, and let's be honest, when you first start out in a relationship, everything they do is cute.
Speaker 3: But after six seven years it's like.
Speaker 2: That is so annoying, but you can still take the PI double five out of it, which is important as well. They let each other be themselves, so they didn't want to change the other person. That's really important.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, absolutely, because if you go into a relationship, and this is from a guy who's searching an expert in relationship, don't you just if you have a relationship thinking that there's an ideal person that your partner could be, and you think that you could mentually change them over time, you probably won't. Yeah, you probably won't be able to change.
Speaker 2: And you fell in love with that person because of who they are, right, So I don't know why you would ever going with the intention of changing someone.
Speaker 1: Don't change us because we are who we are, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: He once a horse, always a horse. The next one is they fight, so you get frustrated sometimes, but you learn how to navigate that frustration by actually getting into it.
Speaker 3: But navigating conflict well just through our.
Speaker 1: Painting a picture here. This is not a visual MENI. But Jodey goes you know, they learn to get into it. And you did that little thing you do with your fish like someone, So what are you talking?
Speaker 2: That's the best way to resolve a conflict of anyway.
Speaker 1: To a formal ice hockey player as well, the amount of times are Jo's and Greg gott you have had an issue and it ends up with Jody with her shirt over her back ice hockey style. It drops the mittens into it.
Speaker 6: There we go.
Speaker 2: They have boundaries with families, so you don't venture the family or the kids about how mum and dad annoy each other. That's a big one too, and they do what's best for their partnership and the relationship. And the last one is they've been through dark times. This one almost makes me cry it because it's those people that have been at the crossroads, and you've even had second thoughts and you've thought, do I want to continue in this, but you've.
Speaker 3: Decided, yes, I choose to stay. I choose to be with you. And that they say the experts builds trust.
Speaker 2: So if you've been to war with someone and you got through that war and you say I still want to fight alongside.
Speaker 3: You, then there you go.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's really nice. It's quite it's quite profound. You know, my wife and Kara and I have right now as well, and it was her idea because the most testing time I think possibly in a relationship. What I found is when you've got kids and you're trying to work out what sort of parents you are, and I know that my wife is an excellent parent, so I'm sort of trying to get tips on how to do it from her as well at the same time, but you get sort of angry, and you get sort of snarky, and sometimes you take out your aggression on each other. But it's clearly it's a kids, that's honest. So now we've got this, it's almost like a safe word, which is trenches. Really we're in the trenches. This is when you're in the trenches, so I just no, and then straight away so I need a safe word from cars, She says, just trenches. I go, yes, all right, I am taking out on you and vice versa.
Speaker 3: No one saw that coming from you. No one saw all was going on.
Speaker 1: He's crying, leaky ego, let's go on.
Speaker 2: God that.
Speaker 1: This emotion? How Good's pretty.
Speaker 2: Parents of children who have been bullied on social media will be punching the air at the news that Peter Malinowskis wants to ban children under fourteen from all of the platforms. So we're talking Facebook, TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, Instagram and x So it would be Australia first legislation that will be proposed by mister Malinowskis, and if it goes through, that will go through by the twenty twenty sixth election.
Speaker 1: I have to disagree rather with a move like this.
Speaker 5: There's been much examination and consequential evidence to suggest that addictive algorithms are being used to draw young people in in a way that they're developing minds are just not capable to be able to deal with, and that in term causes them great vulnerability to mental health issues.
Speaker 2: My god, social media is dangerous, and I don't think think this is the first generation that we will see the full impact of social media down the track on our mental health. Now, it is no coincidence that the rise in mental health problems coincides with the introduction of all of these platforms. What annoys me no end about these people that make an absolute fortune from these social media platforms is that there is zero regulation. Anyone can jump on the Internet and say anything about anyone else without there being any hint of defamation. And I just don't understand how they can get away with it, can you?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: It is mind boggling. So, I mean, the easy thing to say in situation like this, particularly in this hate that comes through, is just ignore it and things like that. But that's so much easy said than done. And the first time, the first time you actually see some hateful comments come towards you. And I used to write our show, as you know, with cane corns who turn it into a i'd say, a positive situation. He do mean tweets and all these types of things, but he had to learn how to handle it. And the first time some comments came towards me, it's like genuinely it's hard to process. Yeah, and eventually you do get used to it, but that's coming from someone who's in their mid thirties. We're processing that which is still trying to develop your own sort of brain everything that comes with it, and then you're dealing with hateful comments. It's disgusting.
Speaker 2: We're human beings and we're conditioned to be want to be liked and want to be loved, so it goes against everything that we're wired to do. But also, I'm trying to teach my girls to be kind people. And it's not just the other kids that are nasty, it's when they jump on social media and they see other adults being horrible to each other.
Speaker 3: I mean, what sort of standard are we setting.
Speaker 2: When we've got keyboard warriors just deliberately going online to troll other people like it's not a nice space, and unless it gets cleaned up.
Speaker 3: I don't want kids under fourteen on there.
Speaker 2: I don't want their young, developing, sensitive brains to be explode exposed to the hate from other kids and or.
Speaker 1: Adults, particularly mid teens. That is such of unrelage for self development. Confidence issues can start at any age, but particularly there where you're genuinely trying to find yourself work yourself out, and you're dealing with external pressure like that is just it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: And that's not even that hasn't even touched on the predators online who are praying on young girls and young boys and pretending to be someone else. We need to clean all this stuff up before we even think about letting children get on the internet.
Speaker 1: It's got full votes here. I think there's anyone here in this room that doesn't agree with what Peter mallenows because is trying to put in thirteen and twenty four ten do you think a social media band will work? And also have you already implemented something like this at your house? What's your social media policy? It do an't?
Speaker 2: I'm super keen to know because I had my eleven year old begging me for Snapchat on the weekend and I was like, absolutely not, just like why not all the other kids have got it? Like I am doing this for your own good and I am trying to protect you from social media and one day you will thank me, yes, just not tomorrow, no, the next day, but one day you'll thank me.
Speaker 1: It's just another hurdle, I think for a lot of parents tackling social media at an early age. Your social media policy, give us a call. Thirteen twenty four to ten. Peter Malanowskis has implemented something which I think so many parents will very much connect with it.
Speaker 3: Well, he hasn't just yet, but he's trying to.
Speaker 2: It would be an Australian first legislation proposed by Mali saying that social media platforms will require users to be at least thirteen to start an account.
Speaker 3: Such a good thing.
Speaker 2: I think the longer you can hold off your kids being exposed to social media, the better off will all be.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a broader The broader one is just tablets in general, screen time, even YouTube and things like that where there's genuine interaction. I mean, the good old days. Joe's social media didn't sort of come into my life until around the age of sort of twenty three twenty four. Even then, I mean we're to sort of get around the Facebook.
Speaker 2: I mean, all I did is a child, was just etch things on the side of a cave, not on it. I know, I felt like getting first before you did any hashtag tas.
Speaker 1: He thing just sort of grunt, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I was the last generation of not having social media at home, like going like going home, and you know, if.
Speaker 6: You were bullied at school, it was just school.
Speaker 2: And then you went home and you could cut Like there wasn't it didn't extend on to social media.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even on mesa and things like that, there wasn't much because you would only connect with the people that you would want to connect with, so there wasn't any bullying or anything like that. It was generally quite a really low in terms of just how fancy it was, but it's quite whole.
Speaker 3: She blows my mind.
Speaker 2: It absolutely blows my mind that people can be aholes on the internet and your photo is there, and your place of work is there, and they're quite often pictures of people with their family on there. Well, a lot of people are content with being mean, a lot a lot of people are getting themselves in trouble because people see their workplace, they ring the workplace and say, hey, this is what this person's been saying and it's crossing over into their everyday life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen a lot of that happen.
Speaker 1: M mean, that stupid.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Seriously, let's go to Megan, because we're asking the questions morning once to the social media.
Speaker 3: Media policy with your kids? What do you do with your Megan?
Speaker 4: So we've got no social media policy as well. She's got her stone for the first time, which I was even here to give it to her as well, but all her friends had it. So we've agreed to a phone. But there's no Snapchat, there's no Instagram, there's no Facebook and all of those platforms us you know the agreement, and you know, we said to her that she gets caught with it, then she loses her phone. She'll just have the phone for going to the shop when you know she wants to go to a shop on her own and to have a look at something and I'll be able to contact her. We're trying to encourage an incentive of no social media until she's seventeen. Okay, with the incentive of car, but we go hard to the car. Howbout we go hard in the car. You stay social media and you a greet and no social media into you're seventeen, we'll go hard to the Car's good, but yeah, it's really it's really hard when all of the friends have it. But the key thing for me was speaking to a family friend that's a police officer, and they said that hackers these days, I've actually gotten really really clever with bypassing all the security settings off there. Even if you have locations they's turned off. A really good hacker can actually bypass those security settings and pinpoint where your child is right down to the street name, horror number, everything. Yes, and you know that. That was my argument to my daughter of you know, you can turn those things off, but if a hiker really wants to find you, they can, and you know that's just not cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Megan, Well done, Thank you. Let's go to Angelove. Your thoughts on social media with your kids.
Speaker 8: Good morning, guys. Yeah, I like you, guys in full agreement to this. I think it should be a fan for the whole of schooling until the kids graduate. Our agreement is that the kids can't have any social media platforms until they finish school. They need to concentrate on schooling. My husband and I are police officers and we've come face to face with the tragedy that social media has on families. It's ripped them apart. We are very honest with our children. We do not hide this issue. And when my kids are how they tackle, you know, the pressures from school. Web said to them, tell them it's not your parents staying though, you're staying no. You have the power to say, I don't want to be on social media. I want my safe based at home. I don't want it. And so far, so good. Their friends haven't pressured them, bullied them. If they want to get in contact, they call like the old days or a text, and it's so far it's working really well.
Speaker 3: What's good?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, we're rounded kids with no mental health issues and it seems to be working for us, and I think it can work for everyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: The one that always gets me in that space when you talk about police officers is the Carlie Ryan one And there's plenty of good resources on the Kylie Ryan Carli Ryan Foundation website where it can help you get your kids off social media. And if that is not a tale of warning, then I don't know what is.
Speaker 1: Jond's what I've noticed through parenthood and watching what my lovely wife Kara does and how she brings up the kids, is your parenting from the female perspective can be very, very taxing. And I'm just going to say mentally, but oh my gosh physically as well, in particular breastfeeding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like if you've got a parasite living inside you and then it comes outside your body and it attaches itself to you for another six months.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, isn't it a beautiful isn't it a joy's and breastfreading and beautiful thing?
Speaker 1: What about this little exchange from a couple based in New York, Surprise, surprise. A husband has texted his wife that he wants to end their marriage because of an outrageous reason. In an exchanging message, he accuses her of incest over a disrespectful act shortly after she had given birth. The disrespectful act is breastfeeding their son. He said, you know how I feel about it. The couple whose name is April and Jonathan on Twitter. He explained, you've been breastfeeding. You know how I effing feel about this. April was taken back and asked when her husband is coming to get her. He then responds, I don't know if I am the new mum then offered, if you don't like seeing it, maybe I could just do it in a different room. He said, you go behind my back and do something I've stressed about not doing It's a proven scientific fact that breast milk is no better than modern formula, and I'll never be able to look at you the same way again. I think you're a bad wife. I think you don't respect me. I think you took a joy away from me. I think a lot of things. I enjoy your boobs. Now they've been another man's mouth. I no longer enjoy your boobs.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Do you know what my response to that would be. I don't want your mouth on my boobs anymore. You're disgusting. You're a vaulting human being, and you're also a bit screwed up in.
Speaker 1: The head one hundred percent. Imagine being jealous and fighting effectively with a few day old babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean over what is the most natural act in the world.
Speaker 3: What a painut.
Speaker 2: I've had some weird stuff in my time in radio, but that is up there in the top three.
Speaker 1: That's got to be. That's got to be. I was going to say one in a million, that's got to be almost one in a billion. Things like that. Surely what I'm all on. I don't want to go too far aggressively. The other way. But you know, I see hear it, and quite seriously, I used to hear stories about how women would say that if they saw a man being a father, just how much would turn them on, Like, quite seriously, I understand that now from a different perspective. Yeah, when I watch my wife do what she does with the kids and even things like breastfeeding, all these things which he's so unbelievably good at, she's got the patience of someone who's get tested to their core. I I'm extremely turned on, like seriously watching her be a mother, and because she's so good at it. Yeah, I tell you what makes my ovaries pop.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's so that's so very sweet inappropriate.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, if you were to sit here and say watching her breastfeed turns you on, I'd say that would be a little bit strang.
Speaker 3: But no, I get what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You just it makes you love her more and mild the aroused because she's such a good mother.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think that's beautiful.