Speaker 1: It is Show and Tell Tom Dirty Everyone, it is Monty and Man.
Speaker 2: You just had abound seven different genres.
Speaker 1: And I you know what I sten getting it did start of country, and I have been getting into country lately. You know what I always listened to when I'm when I'm just around the house, come and pull me up A double shout of whiskey, everybody at the barg and tipsy. Do you know that one? Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I also love I Forgetty's name, Luke someone's version of you Get Affairs.
Speaker 2: I hate that so much, Okay, because that song's perfect. He ruined it, No, he didn't.
Speaker 1: You've got to just surrender. The first time I heard it, I didn't like it, and then I loved it. I love Chris Stapleton as well. Like I'm getting right into country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you start listening to that blonde one that was on American Idol that like sang it Trump's inauguration.
Speaker 1: Or whatever, carry Underwood. No, I haven't listened to her. But I also loved the chicks formerly known as Dixie Chicks. They're not the Dixie Chicks anymore. No, it's a racist connotation. I don't know. The history of it, I think so. Yeah, so they had to drop it to the k.
Speaker 2: Patsy Kline is one of my favorites, and she is country. What does she sing? She like died in a plane crash in the fifties, Yeah, but like crazy sweet dreams like you will know.
Speaker 1: This one sweet dreams made?
Speaker 2: No, that's the Earth mix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well what's the other one that? I just can't believe how long we've been doing this podcast for and never ever can I get you to sing you just won't dream no, no.
Speaker 2: No it.
Speaker 1: You know what Arlo has been listening to a lot. Arlo gets one song and he plays it on repeat, like I don't know how he can listen to the same song for so long. But he's in the shower and last night I walked in there. He had his eyes closed, singing, just like literally feeling the music. And this was the song never even heard of, mister tewerphone Man, A new addition, mister telephone Man, new addition.
Speaker 2: They were like an eighties nineties band.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how we found it. You know what it is? It's YouTube. They find so much on YouTube. He must have heard that song then looked it up and just in the shower closing us mister denellphone man, I was like, whoa.
Speaker 2: It's so interesting we're talking about this. I saw a thing come up on my Instagram. I think it was last night. They were talking about how your brain is wired to predict things. And one of the things with music is when you listen to music, a song that's familiar and you know, like it might be a song that's got to build up that he knows, like your favorite gives you tingles or whatever, your brain gets the satisfaction from it, not when it's in that bit in the lead where you know it's coming. That's where all your dopamine starts dropping, because it can predict that.
Speaker 1: It's like in a rom com, it's the anticipation of the couple getting together and then getting to get Yeah, there is nice, but it's the anticipation it is.
Speaker 2: It's like when there's chemistry with people or whatever. The oh God, to use the word heat sounds wanky, but the heat is in the space between them totally. You know, yeah, yeah, that's hot.
Speaker 1: That is hot. Changing the subject, Justin Bieber has found Instagram stories like he's going hammering like he was silent on the Gram and now it's like bang bang bang bang bang bang bang, just Instagram stories of random shit that makes no sense. Isn't funny. I'm just like, this guy is the new Britney. We are watching this kid to me still unravel in front of our eyes.
Speaker 2: I would say that maybe with all the shit going on with whatever, that fucking idiot's name puff Daddy whatever would have brought up a lot of stuff.
Speaker 1: For everyone's saying that. Yeah, And last.
Speaker 2: Week we had talked about I Rack and Michelle Obama and like, hey, you go through ups and downs in relationships or whatever. His wife, I look at her and I'm like, it feels like she's his caretaker.
Speaker 1: Well there's a documentary of them, and she is his caretaker. He's got a lot of health issues and she literally is his carera Like when you watch it, it's quite sad because they're both so young, and it's like, oh, you're like a partnership, but yeah, you are his care like give him his tablets, make sure he gets to his appointments, or you know, does he goes in this chamber thing sits there while he goes in that. I'm like, it's so young. To be someone's camera.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, I think she probably went into it knowing it. Maybe he's had mental health struggles for a long time now fair enough, he was.
Speaker 1: So young, and then they keep showing it because of this diddy stuff. They keep showing the clips of all how women were so inappropriate to him while that he was or guys too while he was getting interviewed, being like you so god, just like clamping his cheek, you know, pinching his cheek. And then there's that time Jenny McCarthy on stage when he was probably even eighteen, went to kiss him and it's like, oh my god, we just it's amazing in hindsight when you are like, oh my god, that's so inappropriate. I always think about that now, like what are we going to look back on and go can you believe that was allowed?
Speaker 2: Or yeah we did that or we let that happen or I know there was a documentary I think it was with you know Silverchair, Yes, and Daniel John's was talking about how he was when they started. I think they were thirteen something from Newcastle. Yeah, but it was like the mums of the girls that love Silverchair were like pursuing him grown adult women pursuing thirteen, fourteen, fifteen year old boys, and there's some level of I think, you know, like in the old days it used to be pursuing young women was fine, like when you look at Frank Sinatra and all those guys, and then it became oh, no, that's wrong. But there's a level of it not feeling as bad because it's a guy. Yeah, but of course it is.
Speaker 1: I know, I just feel nervous and just Britney just the other day, she was just doing some ramble in a voice and I'm like this, so it is. I feel like we shouldn't be watching it. No, I know, you kind of watch with one eye because you're just like, oh my god, this is we're just watching really unhealthy people unravel and unravel and unravel.
Speaker 2: There was a video I saw of Britney Speeds the other day. I don't follow her, but it came up in my feed, and you know, like the algorithm doesn't lie. I obviously watched videos of her before. She's doing these dances to the camera, but as she's doing them, she's pulling down.
Speaker 1: I keep getting nervous. We're going to see the slit at the top.
Speaker 2: Of the split, like there's clearly no pubes there. She's going that low.
Speaker 1: But I'm like, she was the one who introduced remember the really low jeans that was so low, and Bettina Leano did them, and then Sube did them, and the other day Pip Edwards put them on, and I'm like, she's like bringing back the skinny jeans and barely like I just think she has the best style, Pip Edwoods And I was like, oh, please don't, Pip, because everyone's going to follow you. We can't do this, the skinny low just above the publind jeans.
Speaker 2: I don't even think the young generation want those jeans. I don't think anybody would. Don't think anyone skinny.
Speaker 1: Okay, no low low, it's happening now the girls, the young girls are wearing it. My friends have got a fifteen year old and I didn't know where to look. Her jeans were so low. So that's when I'm so grateful I don't have a girl, because I would be like, you can't do you know what I mean, as is somebody who doesn't have a girl, I'd be like, we are not wearing them out of the house, but you can't like this.
Speaker 2: You know it's on funny you say that because I do have a daughter, and I just bought all this stuff from there's some brain called white Fox. I think it's like a you.
Speaker 1: Know, I know white Fox. I love. I've got one of my comfiest jumpers is white Fox. I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I've got a heap of stuff. But there were like, you know, three or four pairs of little bike shorts, and a couple of the pairs have you know where they're like gathered around.
Speaker 1: Them, yes, to emphasize the bum bum.
Speaker 2: And she's got a gorgeous ass. She's young and whatever. And the other day she said to me, oh can I like she went for a walk with her brother, and I felt that is so cute.
Speaker 1: Did they just go for a walk and a talk they wanted to go to the shop?
Speaker 2: Oh okay. So and I've always said, if you're going to go together, yeah, because I wouldn't want either of them just going on their own. It's only like, you know, ten minute walk or whatever. But like there's a main road and I know I've walked to that main road as an old nobody and had you know, people say stuff, just stupid people who see it in the window say something and I'm like, I think you should change your pants and she's like, well why, And it's so hard because I'm trying to catch myself from I want to protect her. Yes, if people are yelling shit out, I know she'll be weird about it, as she should. But I also think, well, you know, I don't want to be someone who controls what she wears and stuff.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, because it's hard. It's when we go hold on. It's not on the women. They can dress how they want. It's to teach the men to go, well, you can't objectify them and sexualize them for what they're wearing. But then we tell the girls don't wear that like you just because it's not happening. Because it's not happening, they will always do it. And when it comes to assault and stuff, I don't think it's about what they're wearing. It's about opportunity, right, Like it doesn't matter what the person looks like, or it's just the thought of a car full of young guys driving past and beeping and yelling something out And I'm like, oh, but that's my kid. I know you just want to protect her. I think I've probably told this a million times, but I'll tell it again about the time a car full of guys drove past me at a nightclub.
Speaker 2: No is this what to do with McDonald's. Oh no, no, no, no, okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm standing out the front of this nightclub. It was for those Melbourne people called Silvers. Was in Turo.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. I went there several times. Did you This was very like I feel like there's a lot of marios, was it.
Speaker 1: No, I thought of it as like celebrities. Nah, that's where, and so we would stand in the long house line. Anyway, we came out. I didn't like it there that much.
Speaker 2: I was more of a twisted girl.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was standing out the front on the side of the road with three other friends waiting for a taxi, and a drove past full of boys yelling out. And then one of them piffed one of the cups from McDonald's full of coke and it smashed me right in the forehead. I got covering in Coca cola and it's cut the top of my head. It cut it cut across my forehead. Oh my god. And it was we It was so embarrassing, but we just pissed our pants, like we couldn't stop laughing. And I was like, fuck, that was an epic shot on their behalf. Like think of a driving car and they just piff it and it lands on a girl's head. I was like mortified, but also slightly impressed.
Speaker 2: I got an egg thrown at me once and it cracked on my leg. I was walking with my mum and some dickheads threw an egg out and it hit me on the leg and I was like so angry. Well that would hurt too, But you know what this is, This is a disgusting thing to admit after what I've just said. If I got a wolf whistle now, as long as I don't feel endangered or anything, you know, give i'd be like. So.
Speaker 1: I used to jog back in the day and I used to occasionally from behind get a wolf whistle, and I always used to think, when they see my face, they're gonna wish. I would love a wolf whistle. Now I would love it. There's no way we're getting wolf whistled now, now, no way.
Speaker 2: Look, maybe with sunglasses on.
Speaker 1: I don't think the problem. I think they're probably the best feature. Now.
Speaker 2: So, speaking of driving boligans, a couple of weeks ago, I saw ABC Breakfast. The hosts Bob Murphy, who's an ex Bulldogs player, and I think her name is Charnelle. Anyway, they were doing like a vox pop on the streets of Melbourne.
Speaker 1: On a side note, ABC News, So you just have the news on like that like old school in the morning.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I just follow them on Instagram. AB Yeah, they do the breakfast Yeah. Yeah. And they were talking about no, I don't have them.
Speaker 1: I I was going to say, that's so retro.
Speaker 2: No, it's actually been very good for my mental health because when we were writing for Show and Tell, there was a stage there where you remember I was doing the news in the mornings.
Speaker 1: Yes, mate, that's so to press me up, yeah, send me up for a shit day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They were interviewing Melbournians about if we were to change the slogan on the number plate, which for Victoria is the Garden State. Ah yeah right, Oh, actually no, I think it was the Garden State when we were kids.
Speaker 1: What is it now?
Speaker 2: I think? Is it the place to be?
Speaker 1: I don't I've changed it to I don't know. This is so wrong.
Speaker 2: I didn't do my research on this. I think it is, and I think Steve it was. When Steve Brax was in it was changed.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I love Steve Brason so much. He was talk about being a cougar. He was so much younger than me and I used to see him run all the time and I used to just be like older than you. No, I am way older than him. What are you talking about? No Steve, No, not Steve his son. No, No, sorry, not Steve the son Nick Nick bras Nick, Oh my god, so hot. Hey do you want me to tell you what the slogans are for each state? Yeah, okay. Queensland is Sunshine State.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Essay is the festival state because they do the what's the essay festival thing? I don't know what it is, but it's shade, that's it. Yes, Tasmania is Explore the Possibilities. And Victoria is the education state. Doesn't have to be away. No, well it says.
Speaker 2: That, no, not on the Is that on the number plates?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: The current slogan on Victorian number plates is VIC stay Alert, stay Alive. That's a bit fucking grim.
Speaker 1: Jesus, No, are you sure? I don't. No, there's a C on different.
Speaker 2: Ways before stay Alert, stay Alive. Victorian number plates featured slogans like Victoria the place to Be, Victoria on the Move, Victoria the Garden State. In twenty fifteen, the slogan was changed to Victoria the Education State. The education how boring, Oh my god? And is it the education state?
Speaker 1: Oh well we've got there's museums and stuff there. But I would imagine that was what enticed you if your overseas moving to Australia. That's an education state. That sounds good to me.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, they were they were going around and asking people. They had three suggestions and people were voting on the suggestions. Right, So there were Victoria better than Sydney, the pothole state, oh god, and the best one was might rain later. Oh that's great, which was great, right, And I thought, oh they're really good. Then I thought, oh, what other ones could there be?
Speaker 1: With the better than Sydney. Melbourne has a thing with Sydney, but Sydney, being superior, does not have a thing with Melbourne. No, not, I would much prefer to live in Melbourne than Sydney. I've done both. But to showcase beauty, Oh Sydney is she's stunning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was some suggestions in the comments. Someone wrote, which is fair enough. Victoria the coffee state. Oh great for coffee, Victoria for our coffee. And also someone had Victoria pack a jumper. Yes, totally but so true. I just had a few to add. Victoria the roadwork state.
Speaker 1: Oh makee Queenslands like that too. I think every state is there is a freeway that links us to Queensland. And I swear to god, I've been here four years and they're still working on it.
Speaker 2: You know, I only found out a couple of years ago that Sydney Road so Sydney Road, I think Coburg Brunswick in Melbourne. Yeah, yeah, Sydney Road takes you to Sydney. I didn't know about. Yeah, it becomes the whatever freeway, but you keep coming on Sydney Road and it opens up to Sydney. It takes you to Sydney anyway. So Victoria, there's been an incident on the Monash Freeway. Stand okay, Victoria, home of the Montague Street bridge. Side note, you know, like trucks and stuff are always hitting the Montague Street Bridge.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I know the Montague Street Yes.
Speaker 2: You do, Yes, you do. It's in South Melbourne, especially working in radio. Of course you would have heard it. It's always it's one of these places. It's look at overpass or whatever. It's all the Montague Street bridge. It's in like South Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's near the market.
Speaker 2: And it's lower than what everyone thinks. So there's always trucks or whatever. And it's always so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Oh so embarrassing getting the top of your band taken off.
Speaker 2: My husband did it?
Speaker 1: Shut up?
Speaker 2: How many times we bag people? You've lived here your whole life? How do you not know? He called me. He's like my fucking hat the Montacue Street. I want a divorce.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would too, because as soon as you go under your hear that and you would know, isn't it?
Speaker 2: But anyway, I think I've got what it should be. Okay, we pitch it. Yeah, Victoria the grouse state? What because grouse is a Victorian word, is it?
Speaker 1: I think it's a male word. I don't know not anyone else in the world that says grouse anymore.
Speaker 2: I grew up with everyone everyone said grouse or says grouse anymore. But if I said to you, oh my god, that's grouse, you'd know what I meant. I know someone who Sydney. Yes, but you don't remember that from childhood the word grouse.
Speaker 1: No, we didn't really say. I think it's a your area thing. It is so it is so you that word grouse. Like if somebody was to say su up mal in one word, I'd say grouse because you are a grouse. But that you use that word all the time. So I occasionally use it and I get picked up every time. People would be like, grouse. Haven't heard that in a while.
Speaker 2: Let us know, did you use the word.
Speaker 1: There's no one put it out there. There is no one still using the word grouse. I think even it was not a cool word.
Speaker 2: Well I'm going I'm gonna put it up as a pole.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get out of here. Thank you so much for listening. Please get in touch with the show and te podcast. The best place to get us on Instagram. If you want to grab a Patreon chip, go to patreon dot com. Forward slash shonte online anyway for now,