Speaker 1: Hi, It's Kristin from The Australian. I wanted to let you know about a new investigative podcast series produced by some of our colleagues. It's called Dear Rochelle and it's available now. Here's the trailer.
Speaker 2: I'm dopings through. I've seen this fire on the right hand thought grabbed me to torch and all of a sudden, I got this flash of gold in the face and I've gone back and there was a Bengal on a head.
Speaker 3: Bird body was found on a lonely South Coast road. The twenty three year old disappeared from a pub in Bargo.
Speaker 2: The callous way that she was dubbed here and just discarded like a piec of rubbish and set on fire.
Speaker 4: A young woman in a prime of alive. Her name was Rochelle Chance, and her killer has eluded police for more than two decades.
Speaker 1: My big sister was vivacious.
Speaker 4: She was everything to me growing up. She was attractive, friendly, funny, but loved cars.
Speaker 1: One of the members of Rocky Team. She really cared about the people around her. We just all got ripped off and and her especially.
Speaker 4: This case should never have been left to run cold. It has been twenty three years.
Speaker 1: It's time for the truth to come out.
Speaker 3: Join some of Australia's sharpest criminal minds in this live investigation.
Speaker 2: I think the person who killed her would be worried about this podcast. I'm absolutely sure that we've interviewed the crow us in that brief.
Speaker 1: Have we got a serial kill on the hand.
Speaker 2: When you're dealing with sex offenders, it takes years of experience to realize how clever they are.
Speaker 4: What would it mean to find justice everything? I'd just love to see person off the streets.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt about it. I read suspect.
Speaker 1: Rochelle was killed by someone she knew.
Speaker 4: She was very trusting and I think she'd trust to the wrong person. People say to me, oh, you know you're going to be a suspect, and they're like, oh, you're the ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Like, I'll help, They'll think about it.
Speaker 2: What sorry?
Speaker 4: People too afraid to speak out for decades of breaking their silence for Chelle, he doesn't scare me at all anymore.
Speaker 1: What you're doing is potentially very valuable to the public, but potentially.
Speaker 3: Very harmful to a dangerous person. I'm afraid you fit the profile.
Speaker 4: He's in and around everything like he's just there. My heart was racing, it was confronting.
Speaker 1: I will never have peace until my sister's murderer is found. My worst fear is that person who Hil Rochelle has killed again.
Speaker 2: This is solvable. If Fender responsible for this crime, it's still alive. He's the devil.
Speaker 3: Dealershell a groundbreaking podcast series exclusively from true crime Australia, hosted by me Ashley Hanson, available now.
Speaker 4: Visit Dealershell dot com dot au for more. That's d E A R R A c h E w l E dot com dot a U. You can run away, but you can't hide