Speaker 1: Hi, everyone, it's Show and Tell time. It's Mail, your friend. It's Monty, your best friend.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're the best friend and I'm just a friend.
Speaker 1: Heye, you're the friend. You're the one that we're like, should we invite mail?
Speaker 2: That's so mean and you're so far from that person. I know you're my top choice.
Speaker 1: It is Mela Monte. Thank you for listening into our podcast. We love that you are listening to us. Tickles us Pink. We're reading your comments the other day on Apple Podcasts the other day.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: They made me just feel so unbelievably good. It was just so beautiful. So thank you for taking the time to go on there, because it really helps us. If you rate our podcast or write a comment, it pushes us up in the you know, feed whatever, so more people find us.
Speaker 3: But you had a four.
Speaker 1: Point nine as our out of five as our rating, and I was like, why four point nine? All these comments are so great, And then I scrolled down and there was one woman who just who had written just.
Speaker 3: Know, and I loved it so much.
Speaker 1: Marrietta Marrietta, Molly Marietta. It's so funny because podcasts you can choose, do you know what I mean, it's not the radio where you turn it on and you get what you get and you don't get upset. It's like you actively press play on this and listen, and did you listen to the whole thing and then decide just no, I know.
Speaker 2: And this is so childish, but I just made up a whole backstory about her, like, oh, yeah, she's a she's a fine Christian woman with Christian values, with herny little secret. Publicly she has to say she doesn't agree. Yes, our podcast, but.
Speaker 3: Warning, yeah we do. We make it morning. Hey, so last week you hang on oh your fact?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So we have to start every pod with the fact now and have been getting feedback that you love the fact in fact, So there you go.
Speaker 2: Do you know what the most common birthday in this country is Christmas Day? No, that's the least Okay, well actually not technically, So the most common is September seventeenth. Why lots of Septembers. Septembers are like the top ten or something. Why, yeah, I know? Is it? You know why? I think it's around New Year's sort of time that you would be getting pregnant.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it totally would.
Speaker 1: That's one hundred percent what it would be drunk periods almost yes, so good.
Speaker 2: Yes, But the least common, this is based on Alepia. Least common is feb twenty nine. Then in a regular year it's December twenty fifth.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, go well, I'll never forget the most popular one September seventeen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll never forget that.
Speaker 3: It's useless now, of course I will.
Speaker 1: Terrible day anyway, it's there's been a lot of new, like, you know, stuff in the news about Obama and Michelle and are they breaking up?
Speaker 3: Are they heading for divorce?
Speaker 1: And I can't help it sometimes sniff out when there is smoke, there's fire, you know what I mean, Like it's random just to choose those two out of everyone to go h these two are on the rocks. But Michelle has spoken out and she has really openly talked about a relationship, and so was he, and he has said I was shit for a long time there. I mean, being the president of the USA plus being a dad because his kids were so young, would be fucking hard, like dumb.
Speaker 2: I think I read somewhere that she had said for the whole eight years or whatever, because he did two terms. Yes, they didn't talk. She said, So.
Speaker 1: They've been together thirty years. For ten years of their relationship, she quote couldn't stand him. Isn't that amazing to not stand someone for ten years? Like I get going, I don't feel in love. I go in and out of love. But to not stand them and to stick by their side, I guess also she because he was in office. She's like, well, we can't break up during this, so I've got to stick it out. But she said I'd prefer to have twenty great years out of the thirty and just cop the ten bat.
Speaker 2: My thought is that that is love because like they hung in there. I'm not saying be miserable for ten years. I don't think that's right. And I doubt she was really miserable for ten years or.
Speaker 1: She was parenting. She said she couldn't stand him. Like that's a hectic thing to say publicly. So they clearly were hanging on by a thread. They had young kids, he was president, so she was just like, oh, this is my life.
Speaker 3: I'm going to suck it up.
Speaker 1: Then obviously stay together, and they have, you know, come back together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And of course, like when I say this, I don't mean people who are in abusive relationships or if there is legitimately no love there anymore. But I think the thing with long term relationships is being able to see we can get through this fucked up patch. Yeah, the love, Like when you were saying going in and out of love, I don't think you go in and out of love. I think you always love them, but you're not in the feeling. And there are times where you almost are like just the sight of.
Speaker 1: You, oh with someone all the time, like even you just need your own space, and you're like there's always people in the house, Like it's almost not normal how we live in a house and there's always people around. You don't have any of your own time, Like it wouldn't have been like that back in the oldie days, you know what I mean. People would have gone off and hunted by themselves for weeks at a time. So it just feels like and we our brains haven't evolved since then at all, So it's like we're sucking up this way of living. But it doesn't really work for everyone. But I also I read that what keeps a relationship together is when you and the words were when you fall in and out of love at different times. It's when you both are like out of love at the same time is when you can get in real problems and that's when the relationships usually end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree with that. I just think I think the unrealistic thing is people thinking it's going to be good all the time, because it's not totally like if people. And maybe that's the thing with her that people say they're on the rocks sortever, is because she's been so honest about it. Yeah, And I wonder how he feels about that. He's also admitted it too, so I don't know. They must have said, well, let's just be honest about it. I think it's really helpful for people though, because you look at other people's relationships and you're like, oh my god, they're having so much more sex than us, they are so much happier than us, there's so much more connected. God, we have no idea what goes on behind closed doors.
Speaker 3: And do you know what the thing is?
Speaker 2: Like, everyone's relationship, I'm sure has an element of it that everyone's envious of. Whether it's a good sex life or maybe great conversation that you have or whatever. There's always something that people will look at. No one's seeing the inner workings of a.
Speaker 1: Relationship because they can be used terribly unsexy the day to day running relationship.
Speaker 2: God, I know. And I read this really great quote that it's good to finish this off. It was so nice. It was like, here's the least romantic thing you'll read all day and the deepest truth I know about love. Pick a partner who can sit in a hospital room with you. Oh yeah, And I thought that's very Oh my god, that gives.
Speaker 3: Me full goosebumps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because that's what it is.
Speaker 1: I think, like, and you have proven that because your husband went through cancer. Can you fucking believe he went through can so? Do you sometimes go oh my god, yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Yep. But it's funny. It's you know, we talk well. I've said before how I'm not like a strong I'm not a strong person, Like I crumble at small things. I overanalyze things. But it is funny that when you're thrown into those moments, how you just sort of I don't know, like maybe it is when they say certain people are shit with every day things, but they're good in a crisis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were phenomenal because I was nervous because I was like, fuck, yeah, you were incredible, Like a whole other strength came out of you, and you just dealt with it. You just fucking dealt with it. You didn't wallow. You're like, this is what we're dealing with, and we're just doing it. We didn't stop podcasting, you didn't stop working, You kept everything running. You made sure the kids were okay, and you went to his appointments with him like full on phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Thanks for saying that. That's nice.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel sad, Oh doesn't Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, because I don't often think about it, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was hell. There was a time they were like, fuck, what's going on here? Like that's terrifying. Yeah. Anyway, moving on to sexy things from husband's cancer. The other day, I was on Instagram and Doci to me is the coolest chick of all time.
Speaker 3: She's on the anxiety.
Speaker 2: Did you know she insisted before that song?
Speaker 3: I no, no, of course not.
Speaker 1: I actually saw her at the MTV I think it was the MTV Music Awards. They had all new artists performing and it was phenomenal. They went from like each new artist and she was one of them, and she just smashed it, and I was like, oh, she's clearly the hottest new thing. I'm never in the car, so I never hear I know nothing the same, nothing that's going on, like no new music. My kids will talk to me about stuff and I have to constantly go, I don't know who you're talking about. I just don't know anything. Anyway, she put this on her socials and I was like, good on you, because you are the hottest th at the moment. Everyone wants to be you. The guys would want to bone you.
Speaker 3: But this is what she said.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna fight.
Speaker 4: I'm a grown woman. I've gone through a lot in this country. I'm going to fight. I am a human, fucking girl. I'm not a machine. I'm gassy. I'm gonna fight, and it is what it is.
Speaker 1: So she goes on for a bit, but I'm just like, you have made yourself very vulnerable in that short amount of time, because thinking people fighting is crook, yet everyone does it.
Speaker 3: But she's just like a fight, I'm gassy. I'm like, you're a bloody legend.
Speaker 2: I know. And it also sort of goes without saying, of course you are or you're but I think I've said this. I've probably said this numerous times, but sometimes if I feel intimidated, I think of that person wiping their arts.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, a good idea.
Speaker 2: Everybody's shits and has to wipe their arms.
Speaker 3: Are yes, it doesn't matter who you are. It's so true.
Speaker 1: And they do fart and they do things like that. It brings you onto a level playing field when you're like, you're just human. You're so spot on. I need to think of that more often. Yeah, people wiping their ass.
Speaker 2: You think it's a good one because we are just we are just human. And you know, sometimes you see someone do something and you think I could do that, or I could probably do that better or whatever, and I think, how did they get that? And it's like, well, probably because they have the confidence. It's the confidence that's everything. You don't just completely bullshit your way through anything and get anywhere.
Speaker 1: God, So it's like eighty percent confidence and hard work and twenty percent talent with most things. You know, it's just like pushing and pushing and pushing till you get it.
Speaker 3: That's what I did.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm not saying this for you to go no, you're very talented, but in terms of the people that I was working with unbelievably naturally talented, very funny. I was never quite that, Like I used to have to work double time to their time to get where I was.
Speaker 1: It's true, and I'm totally okay with that. I'm not a comedian, but I can be funny. But you know, working with comedians that are naturally funny, like just seeing how their brains work, it works differently.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not trying to pump you up in saying this, but what I would say that you have is, you know, you were just talking about what's her name, do Chi, do Chie, dough Chi. You were just talking about Dochi being vulnerable, right, That's something that you have always been able to, Like you've been able to be vulnerable publicly, which gives people comfort, which is that relatability. A lot of those other people that you worked with were amazing at their job, but maybe they didn't bring you know, like we all bring elements of something. What you brought is that vulnerability. And also you are quick when you're when you're on your home on you know.
Speaker 3: Hey, I've tried hold on. Sorry, I've just got to plug.
Speaker 2: In my not your fucking organizational skill shit.
Speaker 3: Speaking of like quick quick.
Speaker 1: I've tried Arlo's rittle and today my middle child's writtle, and so I do have eighty h year but I've had no luck trying medications like I've tried. I feel like I've tried everything under the sun, but I haven't tried his writtle and long acting. I tried the short acting the other day. I was so anxious, I felt so sick. But then I talked to my parching. He said, it can be the long acting and short acting can do you know, can treat you differently. I don't feel a huge amount. I do feel racy, and I did feel nauseous. So I'm just like, I don't know if it's done anything. I think I have to give it about a week to try and then see, give.
Speaker 2: It a go, make sure the head's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just it doesn't so nervous that it's going to give me a migraine. It hasn't done that.
Speaker 3: Which is good.
Speaker 1: But I did go to pilate this morning and I had to take it really easy. I had to take deep breast because it made me feel really nauseous. Did it make you feel nauseous at the start?
Speaker 2: No, And I didn't feel racy at all either. Ye see, that's I feel the opposite. I feel like more focused. The problem is that the focus can be directed in the wrong thing, so I can get caught up in doing something that I shouldn't do. I should be, you know, like you should be setting up your podcast little workstation, but I'm blending my shadow like it's you know, you've got to be.
Speaker 1: You've got to keep on track of what you're doing. Anyway, I'm going to keep testing it because I am at the point where I'm like, my mind is racing so quickly, and my psyche was like, if you find the right medication, it definitely does help that. So I'm like, Okay, I'm going to get back on board doing it. But I just it's so hard with ADHD medication because everyone is so different and you just have to trial and error it.
Speaker 2: I know another person I know that has it trilled all the different types of stimulant medication and it just never worked for them. And they also said they felt like they weren't themselves, like they felt like there because this person was sort of quite funny and quick and sharp and whatever, and they were like, I feel like it took that away from me. So everyone's everyone's brain is a bit different.
Speaker 1: I reckon, I'm one of those people that just doesn't work for and I just have to suck it up. Anyway, Easter time what a horseshit kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Easter Well, yeah, like if if you're not religious, I'm clearly not. My daughter doesn't eat chocolate. She doesn't like it.
Speaker 3: It just shook that. That is that's what she's like.
Speaker 2: She made a decision when she was about four that she didn't like chocolate, and that is it. She won't even sniff it now. It's anyway, that's a whole of the story. But my son loves chocolate. Mark went to the shops the other day and he came back and he bought, you know, some blocks of chocolate, and then he brought home a brought home a bag of caramelo little Easter eggs. Because then my fa to you how much that Oh my god, I was going to say that they were like ten dollars. Yes, don't ever buy those again. I said to Luca, I'll buy you ten blocks of chocolate if you want. I'm not fucking buying Easter eggs.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's something about the cocoa. There's something happening in the.
Speaker 3: World with cocoa. Chocolate is through the roof.
Speaker 1: I bought Odie goes to like a family daycare, and I have to bribe him to get in there, so I always have to go and buy treats over the road at the green grosser that we've got here. A small bag of just your normal cabris was twelve dollars and I was when I pay for it, I'm like, is that right? She's like yes, and I'm like, God, I'm gonna have to go and spend all like I need to with Odi being four do Easter the Easter egg hunt, but I also can't have it in the house until the night before Easter, and normally they're all sold out, but we will rip through them.
Speaker 3: I bought a little bag.
Speaker 1: Of crunchy ones, tiny and they were seven dollars and I ate them all in one sitting too. Of course, of course, there's something so enjoyable though about ripping the foil off an Easter egg. I love the little hollow ones. Just the sensory of it all is just beautiful to me. I love a process.
Speaker 3: It's a process yes.
Speaker 2: Hey, did you know my daughter sent me a mean thing the other day? You know, kinder surprise eggs?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Did you know? You know how there's the you know, the yellow thing on the inside that's got the tween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you know that it's meant to.
Speaker 2: Be the yolk? Oh?
Speaker 3: My god, no, neither did. I never ever thought of it. How funny is that? That is so funny? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you like a cream egg?
Speaker 3: I fucking hate a cream egg? So does Mark. I fucking love a cream egg.
Speaker 1: Don't get caught with their go on your face, don't don't yet.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. Remember that ad and they had the desks, the old school desks that they would lift up and eat them yuck.
Speaker 1: My sister loved them, and I just find them so disgusting.
Speaker 3: They're so sweet that it's like it has to eat them alone. Now they're like it.
Speaker 2: They're one of those they're one of those sexual things to eat from them. Hey, we're speaking of things. We eat it easter time. What are your thoughts on hot cross buns? Oh?
Speaker 1: I want to shove them in every orifice. I love them so much. I love them.
Speaker 2: Is there a particular because you know there's not just the standard hot Cross bun anymore. It's like a million different flavors.
Speaker 1: It's got to be standard. I don't want your apple and cinnamon. Shove that up your ass. Don't even give me your chop chips, the plain one with the sultanas and you put them so they cook and then you put a bucket load of butter on them, and I just love it so much. And then sometimes I'm putting a taler on it as well. Oh okay, it's one of my all time favorite things, same as because it's on par with fruitcake, and I love fruitcake.
Speaker 2: Fruitcake. You know what fruitcake is to me. Fruitcake is the Chanel number five of the food world. Chanell number five is the fucking foulest smelling person. It smells like old lady.
Speaker 3: I mean fruitcake's very old lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That you get a good fruitcake without the glazed cherries in it. I don't want your glaze cherries, but god so d ahshous I never get it because I'd eat the whole thing in one hit as well.
Speaker 2: Well. Every year there's this thing about, oh, they're coming out earlier and earlier, so like you know they're saying by Boxing day they're on the shelves, and then they get taken off the shelves us after Easter. Should they be a year round thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, why don't you just find a common ground and maybe have just the regular ones? Yes, maybe the chop chip. They're the only ones that I eat. But let's say chop chip and regular. Yeah, and don't call them how cross, just call them buns. Just pat the cross off the top, no cross, and then in the lead up to Easter the cross comes back on and you get all the variations. You're fucking briosh whatever.
Speaker 1: Yep, I wholeheartedly agree yet because I do love one, But also there is something that feels odd about buying them outside of Easter, And when I do see them so far away from Easter, I'm like, fuck, are you serious?
Speaker 3: I'm always a bit outraged by it.
Speaker 1: It's the same when they put like you know, the Santa kin to surprise bunnies. They always get them out in about September, and I'm like, no, it stresses me out.
Speaker 3: I'm not ready for this.
Speaker 1: But I absolutely agree with you because they're very delish, very decadent.
Speaker 2: And also probably something bit sacrileg just about taking the cross off.
Speaker 3: Get rid of that cross Jesus that.
Speaker 2: But I get what you're saying too, because it is the that's what makes them special because they are like limited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like if we had them all year round, there wouldn't be the novelty to them. And I'm sure there probably is buns like that that you can get. Probably, yeah, But anyway, Hey, how's Katie Perry?
Speaker 2: Fuck?
Speaker 1: I O, God, don't go to aggressive, because you often go aggressive on someone and then you're I'm going to calp that out.
Speaker 2: I have so many thoughts about this because statements like I'm gonna put the ass back in astronaut fuck. Part of me is like, Okay, she's having a bit of fun with her, Let her have fun. The other part of me is like, grow the fuck up. There are people who have studied their whole lives to be whatever you have to be to become an astronaut, physicist, whatever it is, and they're sending Katy Perry up there, but she would probably be paying about a million dollars to do it. I still think she shouldn't. I still don't think that's right. It's like the Grand Prix, and they give out all the tickets to people who don't give a fuck about the Grand Prix, and then people who do can't get tickets. I find that.
Speaker 1: Annoying, random analogy.
Speaker 2: I just food, do you know why? Because my husband and my daughter go to the Grand Prix, right, and we pay ridiculous amounts for them to both get seats. But I'm like, I see all these celebrities who don't give a shit about the Grand Prix doing that.
Speaker 3: Doing a celebrity race.
Speaker 1: Sam did one of those ones, because Sam he did Andy's producer and Andy didn't go, so he's like, can I producer go? So Sam, No, No, he didn't do a celebrity race. But you know how they the day before they give people runs around the rat of the track, and so Sam did it. Said it was like phenomenal.
Speaker 2: His car crashed to Yeah, it's terrifying.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I would never do it and the g forces on, like my body would snap, Oh bad, it would they would pick literally pick me out of the car in two pieces.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I went in one of those cars. Yeah, but I hear what you men.
Speaker 1: I think. I just feel like sometimes celebrities need to know when their time is done and just go I'm going to close the door out, just enjoy my family and be done with that. Take on different projects. But her last album bombed so badly. She worked with that producer that abused kesher, so that's also why she ended up getting semi canceled. But I've interviewed her and it was one of the worst interviews like I've ever done. She was just so arrogant, didn't play along, was so late, and I was like, yuck. You know, when they just become really entitled, just in a of course, their world's changed because they've just got yes people around them constantly.
Speaker 3: But I'm just like, yuck, just be a little.
Speaker 1: Bit kind and nice and giving.
Speaker 2: Know. The Ikey bit is, I don't think like she shouldn't have to give up her career. She wants to get making music, keep making it. The Ikey bit is, you're seeing a woman who is I'm assuming she's in her forties now, right, Yeah. Yeah, it's the desperation of trying to keep up with the young ones and be relevant in that way in the way that she like everyone can dress however they want, but there's an element of desperation there, like, can you not just be yourself? Your life has changed in different ways, keep making your music, but evolve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to our age group, so wear what tracky pants and it doesn't mean it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Mean to put on a cardigan. It just there's something about wanting to like changing, to keep trying to be like the young hot ones and wearing shorts that show off all your ass and stuff. I'm like, people should be as I'm saying this, I'm thinking that's judgmental, don't say that. It's just like you've got the talent to have succeeded at the beginning. You can you don't have to get stuck in there. You don't have to get stuck in that trying to keep up with the young ones. Yeah, it just becomes a bit embarrassing, That's what I think. I'm like, Oh, just just stop now, Like that's enough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, you're right. Evolve, just like we have.
Speaker 2: Evolved into miseries, get evolved into bitching, hot cross fun, hating moles.
Speaker 1: All right, everyone, thank you so much. Happy Easter, or if you listen to this after Easter, I hope you had a cracking one and we will chat to you very soon, so bright for now, love you,