Speaker 1: Oh, it's lucky dead time. Get your deep and donkeys.
Speaker 2: Remember our a lucky dick idea we just did a couple of episodes ago. Right, you put your hand in and it's a random dick and there's five people. You have to match the dick to the person. Get that off the ground.
Speaker 1: He Hi, everyone, it's Mal and Monty. Welcome to our little bite sized morsel for you today. So I'm going to do today's lucky dip. It's so random and quite grim and.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would love it. But I was on a Reddit thread I don't know what for, and because you've been talking about red and I got on it actually actually looked up celebrity facts we didn't know or celebrit pretty stories no one knows, because I'm like, oh, that would be a good thing to talk about. And so then you get all of the start of all of them. Then you can google them. Yes, right, But this is one because we were talking the other week about seeing a dead body, remember on one of our one of our episodes, and it made me think about that. And then this is about Ashton Kutcher. And you probably remember this story, but I did not remember it at all. Was this the girl about Yes, yeah, yeah, okay, I'll share it, so don't yes, no, okay. So this was so in twenty nineteen, right, Ashton testified as a witness at the trial of a man dubbed the Hollywood Ripper. He was charged with the murder of a young woman and two others. Okay, so Ashton Kutcher said that he arrived at the Hollywood bungalow of fashion designer student Ashley Allern on the twenty second of February back in two thousand and one. So he wasn't with Miller kunis then this.
Speaker 2: Is even Demi or even Demi.
Speaker 1: So he was young, right, and he was speaking to her on the phone and then they'd arrange to have a date that evening. So he was like, great, I'm going to go out with this fashioned girl Allery. Sorry Ashley anyway, but he says when he got there two hours after that phone call that he had with her, he found the lights on and the door locked in her house. He was peering through the window and he saw what he thought was a red wine spill on the carpet. He said, I didn't really think of anything at all. He said that I figured that I'd screwed up. I showed up a bit late and assumed that Ashley had gone out with a friend and that was it. That was the end of that anyway. So this twenty two year old girl was then found dead at her home the next morning by her roommate. She had been stabbed forty times. Fuck. So when Ashton learned what had happened to this girl, he quickly spoke to the police because he was freaking out because he knew his fingerprints would be absolutely everywhere over her door and peering through the windows, yeah, and stuff like that. Anyway, I was like, that is a fascinating story. It reminds me of that Broderick one that you told a while ago as well. Oh the accident, the accident, Yeah, how it was a mother and a daughter or something that he killed, didn't Yeah, it's like, what's his first name is it?
Speaker 2: Matthew, Matthew, Matthew Roderick. Yeah, you know what to find strange about that story other than like the tragedy of it. Yeah, he rocked up for that date. If I went to someone's house for a date and I'm knocking on the door and they're not answering or whatever. I would start peering in through the windows and stuff like I'm knocking knocking. If they're not answering, maybe I'm calling their phone.
Speaker 1: But the lights were on, so if say you hit the windows right next to the front door, I reckon, I'd have a look in there for sure, for sure you'd have a piek. So the red wine stain was like she was already murdered. He was knocking on the door and that was her blood. And then remember the other week you were like, have you never seen a dead body? And it reminded me I have. Oh, So this happened ages ago, and I'm sure I've told this story so many times and it's not graphic or anything. But I was in year seven and I used to walk to school and my best friend at the time, Peter, and I were walking to school and there was a doctor surgery that was on my street. Do you remember this, male? I think vague vaguely, right. So it was raining, so it was eerie, the sky was gray, walking along with our little back packs, chatting, and then we walked past the doctors surgery and there's like a ramp that comes leads it down to the street and just see two feet coming out of the gate, and I was like, oh my god, and I went into full freeze. Luckily, my friend Peter quickly walked around, saw that there's this old man laying there, runs in and gets the people inside. I literally closed my eyes and walked past it and went to school. How old year seven?
Speaker 2: Okay, yung yng.
Speaker 1: But here's the fuck thing about how dumb kids are and just how you just well, maybe just me, but no. The dumb part of this was I remember being scared of the dead body, but it didn't affect me that much. But I totally used it as a thing to get out of class.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I mean that's also smart.
Speaker 1: Okay, isn't it what I just so vividly remember going, oh, we found like this guy this morning and then we think he's dead, and I saw I could go and just hang out. But I remember Peter didn't want to leave or anything. I'm like, we can get out of class.
Speaker 2: Do you know what that story's fascinating at all? I can't get past never heard of Peter before.
Speaker 1: What happened to Petere? Okayter told you about Peter. But the after school I went and checked because I didn't know that the guy was one hundred percent dead at that stage, but he was in fact dead. How's the bad luck of walking out of a doctor surgery? Like if he had have died five minutes earlier or five minutes later, he would have been like he could have been walking into the surgery and died in there, or walking at do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: How bad are and.
Speaker 1: At the front door of the doctor's you die?
Speaker 2: I know, like it's so close but so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I remember knocking and saying, oh, we found that person this morning. Did just wanting to know if he is alive, and she said, no, he's not. I'm sorry, Oh shit. Yeah. And I was in year seven anyway, So Peter was my best friend. She started at its same high school as me and assumed.
Speaker 2: A boy, not p E.
Speaker 1: I t a.
Speaker 2: Oh right, and she was just she was awesome.
Speaker 1: She was my best friend. And she's still with and the guy a guy from primary school when they got together in like year eight and they're still together.
Speaker 2: Now, imagine how much straight away that we did a podcast not long ago we're doing about arguing. Imagine all the fucking arguments you'd bring up being together that long remembering year nine when you're flirting with Sally Cooper.
Speaker 1: Do you still feel like you did with Sally Cooper? Yeah, her and I used to walk to her house after school and she'd walk to my house. I was obsessed with like sleepovers and playdates when I was younger. Yeah, because if I didn't have a sleepover organized every weekend, it was a failed weekend. Oh shit, it was. And my son's like it now, my ten year old, I see it like he has to have a playdate. It's like he's a complete playdate JUNKI And I'm.
Speaker 2: Like that was me. Yeah, because he wants to They want to do stuff all the time. It's fucking annoying. Oh.
Speaker 1: I just remember if someone was an available or like my mum said no sleepovers tonight, I'd just be like what. I could honestly have gone back to back sleepovers for six years. I loved at him that easy. Were you allowed to have sleep rivers?
Speaker 2: I was allowed to have them with certain people that even though it's not a guarantee of anything, but my parents were at least familiar with the parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 2: I couldn't just sleep over it, you know, a friend's house that you know, they had no idea about and you know, history repeats because I'm the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, yeah, I wouldn't let my kids just sleep at anyone's house.
Speaker 2: I didn't know though.
Speaker 1: My boys are not that into them, although Alah has started to ask, and I'm like, no way, that kid's up at five am. I'm like, there's no chance that you were having sleepovers. Like how old? I'm like maybe twelve just yet, any age. I don't want him going because then next day you've got to deal with this shithead kid who's exhausted. I know. Anyway, that was my little That's what I got from Redditt my Ashton Kutcher murder story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's horrible. It's that thought of the you know, like I guess for him too. If it was me, I would be thinking, oh my god, like what if she was still alive and dining now or knocked on the door, like that thought of whoa, what could I have done? Maybe differently or so? I mean, but a red line. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I reckon it could look really similar.
Speaker 2: It could look really similar. I'm just thinking of the volume. She was stabbed forty two times. It would have been forty seven times, forty seven times, it would have been a lot of blood.
Speaker 1: Like make me feel a bit ceasy. Yeah, it's horrible, all right, everyone, Thank you for listening fun one today. Hit us up anytime, Sean tell On lying, if he can give us a rating, share this podcast with your friend, just anything like that that would be fantastic and very helpful to us. We'll touch you soon, Love you,