Speaker 1: Matt, are you ready for a night of fun?
Speaker 2: I'm always down for fun now now you know that.
Speaker 3: Well, we hear two million listens this year and to celebrate, we're going on tour.
Speaker 2: That we are. So on Thursday the seventh of September, we're going to be in Melbourne, Wednesday.
Speaker 1: The thirteenth of September, we're going to be in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: And Thursday twenty first of September, we're going to be in Sydney.
Speaker 3: We're going to have special guests, prizes and so much fun. So make sure you get your tickets in our show notes.
Speaker 2: Bye see you there.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Where's Your Head At? Hotline, our weekly show where we catch up with each other and connect with you all on our hotline voicemail.
Speaker 2: We want to hear from you, guys, so please send your stories, questions, advice or tea to Where's Your Head at pod at gmail dot com to be featured on one of our episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm Anna and I'm Matt. Let's jump in. I'm back.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the studio. It feels like forever, it doesn't it.
Speaker 3: I know, I feel like I haven't been in here for like six months I'm very well rested, though with a touch.
Speaker 1: Of sickness, but feeling good.
Speaker 2: Why do you feel sick?
Speaker 3: I had the flight home is so long, Like on the way there, I feel like it doesn't like hit you as much because you're like excited about your holiday. And then I got onto the flight on the way home and it was like thirteen hours of like long hours.
Speaker 2: Well that's just one of the legs, thirteen hours.
Speaker 3: Thirteen and then to Athens it's like I think four and a half so it's actually not too bad.
Speaker 1: The second leg is not too bad.
Speaker 2: But anyway home, you're going Athens to Dubai, which is probably.
Speaker 1: Like four and a half hours.
Speaker 2: Oh that's the four and a half hours. Yeah, oh okay, and that's not too bad.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the traveling is what kills it for me, Like the thirteen hours at six foot five in those seats. Yeah yeah, I saw.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. Everyone's like, were you flying business class? I was like, no, absolutely none.
Speaker 2: I'd love to be there.
Speaker 3: I don't know how everyone's affording business class. Like there's so many people on my Instagram are just like living it up in business and like.
Speaker 2: Maybe one day guy on the sauna, and the the other day said, you have to fly business class once in your life, so maybe I do it for your wedding. Maybe I should do it for that would make more sense.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know what, after hearing some of the prices for my wedding, I'm gonna be flying the lowest of lower economy on a boat of getting a boat to coffee. But in all seriousness, the wedding venue.
Speaker 2: Was, yes, tell us about it just so good.
Speaker 3: Like you know when you see photos and videos or something and you're like, can either go one way or the other, Like they could be like making these videos look really good catfished, we could be getting catfished essentially, or they could be like incredible, And it went the total opposite way, Like it was exceeded all about expectations.
Speaker 2: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: The estate was beautiful. The views were to die for. The couple who own the estate were like divine, like literally, me and Michael made instantaneous friends with them.
Speaker 1: They were so lovely.
Speaker 3: They kind of because it's a on the estate where the wedding is, there's nine bedrooms and so they were there for their summer holidays.
Speaker 1: We were there.
Speaker 3: They had invited some people who had got married there in the past back to the estate. They had friends there from New York. It was just like it felt like one big family. It was like a very once in a lifetime.
Speaker 1: Experience, and it was like an experience that I didn't think I was going to have.
Speaker 2: Like, so you hung out with them and there, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So we were doing like we were having tastings for the wedding and meeting vendors, but then in between that we were all like hanging out as a group, which doesn't sound like so much fun, but I think when you click with people, you're like, we want to hang out with them, we want to have fun with them.
Speaker 1: And we did. We had the best time.
Speaker 3: So made some new like you know, friends, which was unexpected to say the least.
Speaker 2: Didn't you say something like when you were having meetings on Zoom about the estate that they felt like they were interviewing you almost Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Reckon, like they kind of interview the people who are going to get married on the estate because they just want to make sure that like, you know, the vibes right, you guys connect and like obviously it's their holiday home, so they don't just want anyone coming like I would feel the same way. So I think we kind of understood that when we met them and yeah, just had an awesome time. Did a makeup trial. The makeup artist was like it was like this. It was so funny because Michael was parking the car when we went into Corfu Town to get my makeup trial.
Speaker 2: How BIG's a town.
Speaker 1: It's pretty big. It's like a full party town. It looks incredible.
Speaker 3: I know that everyone who's going to the wedding was like looking being like, what are we going to be like experiencing when we're there.
Speaker 2: I make sure it as like a like a literally an old Greek town, Like you come in and there's like an old Greek guy with a mule the fresh fruit into the market. I so I picture it. But if it's a full town, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like it's like a full town. It's interesting though.
Speaker 3: So we got off the plane before we had seen the venue, and the airport's very small, and for the first ten minutes of the drive, I started having serious, like panicky feelings like I was like, oh my god, this is very rural, very like minimal. I think I've made a huge mistake. I was having like regrets without seeing it, and then I think fifteen minutes into the journey past the airport, it just all of a sudden started to become picturesque and beautiful, and I was like, maybe I haven't made a mistake, Like maybe this is like going to work out well, and obviously did.
Speaker 2: My family friends a Greek pretty much by uncle an Anti there Greek, and we were going, we were talking about it and I looked on the map. It's actually really big island.
Speaker 1: It's a big island.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize. Yeah, I thought it was just a little one. But it's actually up the left side, isn't it.
Speaker 3: So there's like Italy on the left, then there's the mainland of Greece on the right, and then there's a little island of Corfu.
Speaker 1: So Corfu is very.
Speaker 3: Venetian like Italian. I mean, the main town of Corfu looks like an Italian city, and it does Greek food and Italian food. So it's kind of like you know that ad where they're like, do you want soft shell tacos or hard shell tacos?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Both, And that's kind of how Corfu feels like. It kind of feels like you get a bit of both, which is lovely.
Speaker 2: So the makeup hardist, the makeup hardest.
Speaker 1: I was like, where was I going? I can't remember?
Speaker 2: How did she do your makeup up to your standards?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: Okay, so firstly I was thinking this is just not going to work, like I'm not going to like whoever this makeup artist is?
Speaker 1: You said she? It was actually a heat yep, and there's me.
Speaker 3: So this lady took me to see him, and Michael was like, I need to park the car, blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: So Michael was like, I'll follow you in there. This guy, he's like this six foot six, stunning Greek man, shunning, shunning Greek man. Michael walks in, I see him like double look at this guy, Like, who the fuck is this guy touching my fiance and future wife's face? And Michael goes, you're a good looking guy.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: It was so funny. He's very beautiful.
Speaker 3: And it was funny as well because halfway through the makeup, because he's forty, very good looking forty, and halfway.
Speaker 2: He married or single.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't get that far.
Speaker 2: I should have asked all the questions.
Speaker 1: The way he was working on my face, it was like he was like Picasso.
Speaker 3: He was like touching like the sides of my cheeks so softly and like creating a masterpiece.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and where was I going?
Speaker 2: Did you would you fit with making you feel good? We're getting tingly feelings? No, Michael sitting in the corner like this.
Speaker 1: No, but yeah, no, he was incredible. But halfway through the makeup he goes, you know, when I was in my late twenties, I had long hair. You want me to show you a photo, and.
Speaker 2: Michael like, so you didn't get to see a photo of him.
Speaker 1: No, I did see the fight. It was a bit long for me.
Speaker 2: Oh it was too long for the hair.
Speaker 3: I was telling my girlfriends and like my bridesmaids, which is like, obviously this guy is probably going to do their makeup, if you know, I don't actually know how much this guy costs, so hopefully he's not like a crazy amount of money, because I do have quotes from Melbourne makeup artists who also want to come to Corfu, So I'll just weigh.
Speaker 1: Up the price.
Speaker 2: That's probably the best thing to do figure out.
Speaker 1: But I was telling my girlfriends and they were like, my friends were like, is he single? And I was like, I don't know, like she'd.
Speaker 2: Done some groundwork for your friends.
Speaker 3: I would assume, like maybe he bats for the other team, but who knows. Like I'm not going to make any judgment, but like I'm unsure. Anyway, he was gorgeous. He was very professional, and I loved the makeup, which I was very shocked at.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, the hair trial didn't go so well. Didn't love it. That's okay though, because I mean to get like in an island in the middle of like the ocean, I think it's pretty well to have a makeup artist there, So I was happy with that.
Speaker 2: I was telling you that I know someone's getting married on Hamilton Island and they have to get the people that work on Hamilton Island because they called people from Early Beach and they're absolutely not I'll get blacklisted and kicked out like the industry if I go across and do it. So you're like pigeon hole to who that island gives you.
Speaker 3: See, I hate that I couldn't get married there just for that reason, because I'm very particular.
Speaker 1: On things like like things like makeup and hair.
Speaker 2: Being a videographer and photographers. Really yeah, you can't bring your own.
Speaker 3: Being in the modeling industry for like ten years, I know exactly how I like my hair and makeup done. And you know, there's really in Melbourne. There's probably only three makeup artists that I would go to that I think do my makeup the way I would like it.
Speaker 1: And everyone's different, right, it's like art.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've never really thought about it. When I get my makeup done, Just do what you got to do.
Speaker 1: Make me look gaunt, chisel up my already.
Speaker 2: Make me look like I got off a bender?
Speaker 1: What what is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Without the Tide book.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Corfee was amazing. I can't wait for everyone to be there. It was cool because like we were there and we were with all of these like new friends and making all these memories, and then we kept like pinging ourselves being like our friends and family are going to be here, like this is.
Speaker 1: So friggin cool, Like this is so cool. That's cool, And then the rest of the trip went amazing.
Speaker 2: Did you go out to that cave that you said you were going to go to? Whether you kiss on there and it's internal.
Speaker 3: The cove the cove No, we actually forgot, which was I know, but I think it's something that we can do at the wedding. I mean, be careful he is there because you're now single. How is single life going?
Speaker 2: It's good, thank you. I've been yeah, single for a bit. Now I have, I've taken it up. I'm going to date myself.
Speaker 1: I did see a couple of little videos. Yeah you dating.
Speaker 2: Well, if you go to my TikTok, you see me dating myself. It's actually to take those videos. I was saying, it's a lot harder than it looks because obviously you want someone. I went bowling, and I'm like, I want someone to film me bowling. It's just me taking selfies and like I'm pretty competitive. I'm a good bowler. It's not going to work.
Speaker 1: What do you just like sit it on the chair?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Good, good thing?
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: I was just like, you have no shame. I feel like you would happily pull out the.
Speaker 2: Camera, bring out a trifod.
Speaker 1: Me dating myself with my trypon.
Speaker 2: And have like the clicker that automatically films it for you, set up at the end of the alley. It's giving me the I I can't well, yeah, so I did that, but that was actually pretty fighting because I walked in to the local bowling place, which I used to bowl at literally all the time, and my bowl once a week in a league. And I walked in with my like I have a professional ball, sat there on the thing, I said just one game, went over and started playing, and I saw them looking at me. For surprisingly, there was a lot more people than you thought working on a fucking Friday at eleven am. They're just watching me feel myself from like every angle and do random shit.
Speaker 1: They're probably like this, and that was good.
Speaker 2: And then I yeah, Well, if anyone has any suggestions on where I should take myself on a date or what I should do to get to know myself on this journey, please message us because I'm open to whatever I thought about taking myself to till I'm gonna take myself to dinner.
Speaker 1: Where have you taken yourself?
Speaker 2: Firstly on a walk around the local lake and got a coffee that was really nice. That's good though. You put your headphones in and you just walk and just yeah, that's nice. Bowling, and then I took myself to the movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got some suggestions. Beach day, you can dip your feet in the water with yourself. I get an ice cream with yourself.
Speaker 2: I could do that. Yeah, and go for a walk along the beach by my Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about a Costco date with yourself? I love Costco. You can get a pizza slash by yourself at the end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, groceries Yeah, I could do that. Yeah. Shopping. But isn't it just a Kia? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, you can tell I've been thinking about this by yourself.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, here is a hotel stay by myself?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I like that, just you know, room service by yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mix it up a little bit some by myself in just my room. Watch whatever you want to watch, Watch whatever it is, whatever I want to watch, no matter.
Speaker 1: Who I'm with, surely you would compromise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but as long as it's on my list to watch.
Speaker 1: Have you been watching anything recently on Netflix?
Speaker 3: Because I've been in Australia for only a very short amount of time, but I've already started on the Fury documentary.
Speaker 1: What's it called?
Speaker 2: Isn't it like just Keeping Up with the Furies.
Speaker 1: Or something at Home with the Furies at Home to the Furies at Home with the Furies? Yeah? Really good.
Speaker 2: I hear it.
Speaker 1: Molly May and Tommy are in it a little bit, which I'm kind of like loving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't started it though, I'm watching only shit watching. Oh, it's just background watching.
Speaker 1: It's just like relaxation.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, maybe I might start it. Then. I've been watching Only Murderers in the Building, which is about it's They have a podcast about true crime. Have you seen it? I think I've told you to watch it. Selena Gomez, Oh, I have seen her and smoking at the moment and she's she's all.
Speaker 1: Right, She's always smoky. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But like I've started following her on Instagram.
Speaker 1: A bit of like a celeb crush on her.
Speaker 2: I think. So, I think she's one new crash, really a new celebrity crash.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, we love a bit of Selena.
Speaker 2: Also, you did confirm that it was you who was watching the Kardashians. I listened back to last week, remember, because then I thought it was my ex and I sent you the Prince screen of.
Speaker 3: I knew you were going to say that, but that was because that was because we pre recorded those episodes and we had that conversation first, but it got pushed back in the episode list because we had to pre record because I went away, and then we had a conversation talking about how.
Speaker 2: She was watching and someone was viewing it at the same time, and I was like, well, it is her and then you said no, I'm watching it.
Speaker 1: Then no.
Speaker 3: Then I ended up watching it because you reminded me because you were like, you're watching the Kardashians with subtitles on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were like you were watching the Kardashians with subtitles on. And I was like, no, I promise you.
Speaker 1: I wasn't. I swear on it.
Speaker 3: And that's that was like last week's episode, but that was recorded before the episode because then you had like sparked my memory and I was like, oh, I want to watch.
Speaker 2: The kardast I need to find this thread.
Speaker 3: Look at what we record them obviously because I was away guys, and we had to record everything because I didn't want to be podcasting on holiday. And now I'm revamped and ready to go.
Speaker 1: But speaking of.
Speaker 3: Love Island and Tommy Fury and Molly May, Love Island Games is coming to I guess the UK in place of the Winter Love Island. But you, my friend, got the call up for Love Island Games do you want to talk us through that?
Speaker 2: Yes? I did so. I got approached to go on the new Love Island Games. Cool concept, I mean, like.
Speaker 1: What is the concept?
Speaker 2: Firstly, from what I understand, Survivor meets Love Island, so it's not Yeah, So it's more about the games that we do, which is cool. And it's bringing people from the American, the English and the Australian mostly, Yeah, putting them in a villa. It's yes, replaced. I don't know if it is replacing the Winter One just yet, but I assume that it's going to the way they were talking. It's cool concept, I mean bringing people back. Yeah, I got asked to go on. Obviously, while filming we have our live show tour, so stuff didn't align correctly. But I'm happy to see what happens with it. Well that's what I was thinking as well, though. Who do you get that single these days from Australia? Who's going to Yeah from Love Island Australia. Who is there? Like you got like you know, everyone's taken, Eden, Taylor, Grant, Aaron like everyone you me timing schedules in line up? Who else? Yeah, everyone's taken?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all the best ones are, well, who.
Speaker 2: And who would you get overseats because all the fun people being taken.
Speaker 1: Fuck, I don't even know. We'd have to really think about it, but I mean, I think it's gonna be a fun concept.
Speaker 2: There's people that are whore for a villa though, you would.
Speaker 1: Have a line, so don't throw Shane.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, look on that note, let's jump into our hot line.
Speaker 1: Hello, you've reached Anna and Nut.
Speaker 2: We can't get to the phone right now, but.
Speaker 1: Please leave us a message on our hot line after the beep.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this week's hot line comes in from Emily.
Speaker 4: Here, Matt and Anna. This is Emilia from America. I'm a big fan of the podcast and Love Island. Loved you guys on the show. I am here to tell you, guys about a horrible first date that I went on.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: So, the night started fine. We went to a bar by my house and we were, you know, kind of feeling each other out, like okay, yeah, yeah, I'm digging this. And so we decided to go to another bar. And at this bar there was a DJ. We were dancing, we had our drinks. All of a sudden, we hear this loud noise outside of the bar, and we look and there are two guys getting in a fight outside of the bar, and so we look out the window.
Speaker 1: Everybody's like, oh, fight, fight, fight.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, one of the guys in the fight pulls out a knife and starts stabbing the other guy, stobbing him so bad. There's blood everywhere all over the sidewalk, and me and my date were kind of looking at each other like freaked out. And then all of a sudden, the guy outside dies. So we witnessed a murder on our first date.
Speaker 1: It was horrible.
Speaker 4: It's kind of messed up, but we both were like, let's go somewhere else.
Speaker 1: We didn't end the night there.
Speaker 4: We ended up going to another bar and making out. But the craziest thing is that I never heard from him ever again after that night.
Speaker 1: He completely ghosted me. So do we call that trauma bonding? I don't know what are your thoughts. I'm shocked.
Speaker 2: I mean I was going to say, like, if you witnessed a murder together, I think that.
Speaker 1: Would be a bad omen. I'd be like, I'm gonna have.
Speaker 2: To ghost you after that. Well, I'd say the opposite. I'd be like, well, we're in this together now.
Speaker 1: That would be so trauma bonded, like I'll never let you go. That's really scary.
Speaker 2: I wonder where they want, just out of curiosity, what city that was in To see like a stabbing literally right in front of you at the front of a bar. That's hectic.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised no one like jumped in to stop it, but I mean, I guess I wouldn't want to if someone had a knife.
Speaker 1: It's very scary stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I mean, there's a flight going on to between two random people, I'm not going to jump in and like stop it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but if someone's I mean, I saw something on the today and it was like school kids, Like it was like two young guys and one kid was like beating the absolute shit out of the other one, and the one on the ground was just like not defending himself and he was just absolutely like smashing him in the face with his foot, and no one.
Speaker 1: Was stepping in. And I was like surely.
Speaker 3: Feeling someone on a bus apparently because as they were driving past. But it was just like, I don't know, I feel like if there's no weapons involved, I would definitely try to step in. I've been in the midst of fights before and pushing people apart because they were getting in the middle, hoping and praying that because I'm a woman, they're not gonna hit me, although I have seen someone like a girl get knocked out for stepping in the middle, So it's a dangerous situation.
Speaker 2: I mean at a bar, though, is there security around? Can't they do their job and try and break it up.
Speaker 1: That's just such a full on story.
Speaker 3: Like imagine like going through such like a life altering moment with someone who you've never like you're trying to press almost like you know, first date vibes, like you're a bit nervous. You'd just be like I'd be shell sharked. I think I'd probably ghost too. I'd be like, really, I think I'd be like, this is a bad omen for the relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I said, I'd sort of be like, well, we witnessed a murder together.
Speaker 3: Like I'd be like, let's go home and cuddle and like rock back and forth.
Speaker 2: That's nuts.
Speaker 1: I wonder if they're like witnesses to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do they have to like trials the trial on that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? I did not think it was gonna go that way.
Speaker 2: That's a that's an actual first date. Horror. That's a real like that makes my first my horror dates. Think that like in mild compared to someone getting murdered.
Speaker 1: That's scary. Poor Emily. I mean, it's a bit of a somber ends to the hotline.
Speaker 2: But Matt, well, I hope Emily's okay.
Speaker 1: I hope she's okay.
Speaker 2: She's seeking help if she needs to talk to someone about it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, she got ghosted, But I think it's probably for the best. I don't think. I don't think it was a good omen for the relationship moving forward.
Speaker 3: Guys, as always, make sure you give us a five star review. We also have our live show tour coming up in September.
Speaker 1: Make sure you get tickets.
Speaker 3: They are selling so fast and we have some very exciting guests lined up some amazing prizes to give away, so make sure you get tickets. The link is in our show notes. Okay, Matt, until next
Speaker 2: Time, See hi.