Speaker 1: Getting morning every day.
Speaker 2: Adelaides, Welcome to the podcast. A quick question for you. Do you have a gym membership? You do good for you? Now do you actually go?
Speaker 1: I think part of it it's all psychological. With buying a gym membership.
Speaker 3: People are like, I'm going to make a change, and once I've brought it, they're like, well, I've done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, along with buying Jim gear. Yeah, I almos going to go out and splurge around the Bucks and all this fancy Nike gear that will get me into gym mode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cute that you think women are wearing Nike. It's more sort of Lorna Jane.
Speaker 1: Territory, you know. No, I thought it was all Brooks, fer.
Speaker 2: All Brooks and Filer Philas still getting around, I think so.
Speaker 3: I think they're hanging in man, that's that right, because I'd on really look at wearing Feeler if I wanted a tennis racket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, if I wanted to look like Mark Fuller Piosas Back in the day, the scud didn't put.
Speaker 1: Filler on the map, didn't good work.
Speaker 2: Scud one point nine billion dollars in wasted money for gym memberships let's talk about that. Let's talk all things gym because Joe's, as we know, you are a genuine gym rat.
Speaker 4: Live.
Speaker 2: Look at Jodie in the gym, just doing my work. A thousand raps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love the gym. However, Australians are spending an eye watering one point nine billion dollars a year on gym memberships they don't even use. So find Her have done this survey and they've come out and said, look, in order to get value out of your gym membership, you actually have to go once.
Speaker 1: A week, yes, minimum, minimum once a week.
Speaker 2: That rules you out producers a week.
Speaker 5: When you said, hey, you coming here for a circondar, I see where this is going.
Speaker 2: So what about painter an even further picture and draw the curtains back behind the scenes and all that sort of stuff. Every time I call Zoe, never answers, never answers, unless when she answers almost instantly, I know she's.
Speaker 1: At the gym, just so she can say, oh, talk about the gym.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no, So she gonna be like she's got an excuse to stop. Only gets to the gym. She'd be like ah, and a couple of times spoken. It's been on the phone for like twenty minutes. You're like, oh, well, you know, I was in the gym, but I might as well go home now.
Speaker 5: I was in the zone and you've got me out now.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The amount of the sheer volume of times that you've said to me brought my gym gear in again today. I'm like, well, what's the point mate, You don't use it. You don't you don't actually physically go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm part of the statistic.
Speaker 5: When you think about it as well, one time a week gets to your value, it does act because my gym is sixteen dollars a week. Sixteen dollars for one workout.
Speaker 2: My goodness. It's not that it's not that expensive. For if you went in and bought one.
Speaker 3: Session, that's what one session would cost sixteen bucks?
Speaker 5: Would it absolutely about twenty twenty five? But to encourage you to get the membership, they make it more.
Speaker 3: I go to the Victor Harbor YMCA every now and then to use their gym on that and that's that's eighteen bucks upon Victor Harbor. I am the youngest person in men by thirty seven years.
Speaker 2: All the weights match up. Are you pushing at twelve and a half in a ten.
Speaker 1: It's actually really really good.
Speaker 7: Shut up.
Speaker 1: I just you don't like to hang out at wife.
Speaker 2: Village. People there as well doing the dancing. Two years when I moved down here, so I was signed up to a fitness company in Sydney, so it was seventy nine ninety five a month, and then when I moved down here, forgot to cancel it for two years. They stung me. And it's on me because I'm such an idiot that I didn't notice it was coming out of my bank account. But yeah, and I called him. I said, what's going on? I said no, no, no, no, no no. I said it was twelve month membership. I said, no, champion. I think they champion too. I said it's a minimum twelve months, so that means you can't cancel in. So the first twelve months you can cancel afterwards, but you've got to cancel otherwise we just keep on taking out. And I said, well, didn't you notice that I haven't logged in for two years? And basically I said, yeah, Well, as I say in the classics, tough titties.
Speaker 3: Dear man, ridiculous, let's get involved here. Thirteen twenty four ten. What have you wasted your money on? And what are you still wasting your money on? Are you one of those people that's got a gym membership? And how long since you've actually been?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I remember when I was nineteen years old. Yeah, I was at the Sheaf Hotel in Sydney and I had fifty dollars in my pocket and I said, you know what, it's time to make some money. And I slotted it into the poker machine you have and it chewed up my money with no reward. I genuinely, as a nineteen year old, you've got no money whatsoever.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I don't remember going home looking in the mirrorm and.
Speaker 5: Like what I'll get that fifty?
Speaker 1: Oh man.
Speaker 3: We used to go to the casino on the Gold Coast, same thing. You'd have like fifty bucks to your name, and you know what, I can double.
Speaker 1: It's just red or black. There's fifty to fifty. I can do this. And when you.
Speaker 3: Lose it, it's like your whole world helps crumbling.
Speaker 1: Down, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Reaching for the heavens.
Speaker 1: Good morning to Reza.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Girl'll tell you today?
Speaker 1: Good what are you wasting your money on?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: I kind of lied to my daughter and told her I was going to the gym every day, and she didn't believe me. So what she did she rang up the gym, pretended to with me and said, I'm sorry, I just can't remember the last time I went. I'm keeping track and it was like one and a half years.
Speaker 2: Where the detective work from your daughter.
Speaker 8: Oh she's a smart girl, got to be a criminologist. So yeah, still, well.
Speaker 2: And what would you do? Would you? Would you come home? You're like, oh, good, session of the gym, come yourself in water.
Speaker 8: I just come home in my gym gear. And so they were automatically assumed I never die. Yeah, I came home, year didn't anything.
Speaker 1: Just omitted the key facts.
Speaker 3: I haven't been to the gym for nearly two years. Good, let's go to rod. Okay, what are you wasting your money on?
Speaker 9: So every time I take Adventure out to go to Bunnings every single weekend, well that's what it seems like, at least twenty bucks down from the sausages. So I complained that it's one two fifty, then three, now three fifty. Yeah, so I'm never going to do it. Yeah, I don't waste millions of dollars lock you guys do at the gym. But I'll tell you what I would waste probably hundreds, if not thousands by the time my life's over.
Speaker 2: Not to mention if the kids were here, I know, the guys cooking the snags and they're like, oh, he comes Rod.
Speaker 1: That's Rod, just so clear. How many are you buying at a time?
Speaker 9: At least three for me?
Speaker 2: You know, that's the thing with it, like one as one, it's what two fifty, which is fine, but no one's ever satisfied after just one.
Speaker 6: Money.
Speaker 9: Not to mention if the kids are with me yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: Mortgage, you know when your past as well, right, you've got to get yourself a little drink as well.
Speaker 1: Exactly, Thanks Rod.
Speaker 3: I just love Rod's like, yeah, what about you idiots wasting money exercising at the gym.
Speaker 2: That's got a good point, very good point. Good morning to you, Kylie.
Speaker 6: Good money.
Speaker 2: It's a gym membership for.
Speaker 6: You, and it's a big way of money. It's been about fifteen months and I haven't been.
Speaker 2: Yet, but do you feel better?
Speaker 6: And the worst thing is it's right next to the door from my work.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so you git your running out of excuses?
Speaker 1: I really am. Oh Carly, goodness made. Do you plan to go anytime soon?
Speaker 6: I'm planning on going in today or tomorrow and canceling my memori.
Speaker 2: There you go. This is almost therapeutic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, good luck Kyl getting out of your contract.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Kylie walks in there and she's like, I'm sorry, it's just like it's.
Speaker 3: Too inconvenient for me to get here. I'm gonna have to cancel talk around.
Speaker 2: Are you sure?
Speaker 3: If you've been waiting to skip the school holiday crowns for your next trip, now is your chance.
Speaker 2: You take a sneaky weekend with what if?
Speaker 1: Just imagine all those empty beaches.
Speaker 3: Full coordation and more on the what if that happens if it's Ozzy for travel.
Speaker 2: From the newsroom is in for all things frog Chat About time is what the people are saying.
Speaker 10: It is about time because I feel that there's a lot to talk about this story. Basically, I sent this through to the group chat yesterday and so we have to discuss this. But there's a story that's come out or a study that's happened, and essentially women frogs or female frogs, I should say, pretend to be dead so that they don't have to deal with male tension for affection.
Speaker 2: Right wait, I told you so, told you we were all connected to the frog.
Speaker 10: Apparently, mating season in the in the frog world is full on.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: The males are like.
Speaker 2: We're talking, well, we're talking mansions back in the day, like Marble, they're heavy on.
Speaker 7: So the men just go The males just go, what do I keep saying? Women and men? Anyway?
Speaker 10: The male frogs just go absolutely mental mental. It's like it's on, let's go, let's move. I've got to be with as many female frogs as possible and like.
Speaker 2: A princess, let's get married kids come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So the females are just like, you know what, stuff this, and so they pretend to be dead so that they don't have to deal with it.
Speaker 7: Now, I'm not saying that I do that, but I do that.
Speaker 10: I actually sent this story to my ex last night, and I said I sent the thing to him, and he goes, yeah, you do like to get creative?
Speaker 2: It's how you feel this night.
Speaker 10: Yeah, roll over and pretend I'm asleep, and bad luck, I get up early, so you're not getting any But how funny is that? You just you just I'm going to pretend to be dead so you stay away from me.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 7: What do you do similar? Joy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I know, I'm very much like, are you kidding me? There are children all through his house? Like that's normally my go to excuse. And I get a whiff that he's getting a whiff.
Speaker 4: Then I.
Speaker 3: Probably invited kid or two. Hey Paeyton, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How about half as? I want to leave my own bed.
Speaker 7: Mum, no, no, no, no, stay with us.
Speaker 3: No mummy wants cuddles from you.
Speaker 2: There's a wedge between us friends. That's crazy. Yeah, yeah, that makes so much sense. I just don't be surprised if you're trying to look for some news updates and you get this. Let's try that.
Speaker 1: Really, it is so time for it.
Speaker 2: Let's go girl, I need chick chat too. Welcome back, ladies, Thank.
Speaker 1: You, got abby from the newsroom.
Speaker 3: We've got producers Zoe and the question I'm going to post to you both this morning, and let's be honest for a different phases in our life. I am a touch older than you both, just to touch and I have four children, and I have one and a half jobs.
Speaker 1: And so that's where I'm at. Zoe.
Speaker 3: You're in your twenty year, just turned twenty five, recently coupled in a new relationship yeap.
Speaker 5: And working here.
Speaker 7: And I'm thirty three and single as a preen girl.
Speaker 1: Oh this is speed dating right now.
Speaker 10: I do have two sausage jogs though, which could be classed as children. I'm a single mother essentially.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and from someone who's such a giant outsider in this, that's why this works for me. I got three very very different life Yes.
Speaker 3: So I want to pose the question to you both this morning. I've have very, very very firm views on it.
Speaker 1: Can women have it all?
Speaker 3: I'll start going absolutely categorically no, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You've got one job, and that's to press the that you No.
Speaker 3: I just think it's the biggest load of bs that we've been sold that we can be boss bitches, as you like to say, Zoe, in the workplace, we can dominate here, we can go as high as we want in our career, and yet also we can have the perfect home life.
Speaker 1: What a load of crap.
Speaker 3: And I, in my experience, have found over the journey. At one point, one of them is going to give, one of them is going to suffer. You cannot dominate at work, and then you cannot dominate at home and live like this parallel universe where everything's perfect.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a fallacy.
Speaker 2: Are you dominating at home and then bringing poor performances.
Speaker 7: Or Battle of the Bangers?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So no from you, Jody, And you're the one with the most life experience.
Speaker 3: Well, I just feel like we were sold this fantasy when we were allowed to go into the workplaces, like women can do what you want, you can be inpendent, you can go to work. However, you're still going to do all the stuff at home, like no one else is going to do that for you. You might have a really you know, committed partner who chips in, but let's be on a statistic shows that women do most of the heavy domestic lifting.
Speaker 1: Still yes, so oh no, actually certainly not in my house.
Speaker 6: He does.
Speaker 5: Greg's wonderful.
Speaker 1: How do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it's a tough one. Like I was saying to you guys before that, growing up, I think particularly my generation, it was very much like, let's go be a boss woman. You want to have the best career and be killing it and everyone wants to envy you and blah blah blah, that's kind of what you're aspiring for. So at twenty five, Yeah, I've got a partner for the first time in a long time, but I haven't even thought about a family. I don't want to have kids because I don't think I can have it all if I have got kids, So I think you can't have it all other unfortunately, but also in this new landscape of whatever the world looks like now, I think having it all has got to be redefined anyway, Like what is having it all?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Is how I think at all?
Speaker 5: Having the perfect job and family and husband and all of it, Or is having it all just killing your career or just having the family side or whatever it is. I don't think it's possible to have both.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that expression, oh you're a superwoman because you can do all.
Speaker 1: That, Yeah, please give it a rest. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know any women who have fully got it together and are fully thriving.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And maybe the problem is that shouldn't be the expectation anyway, exactly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Yeah, I which weirdly I'm going to admit on this topic am kind of an optimist, which I'm not in other parts.
Speaker 7: I know people will be shocked with that.
Speaker 10: I would like to think, yes, you can have it all, but I think there's got to be things in place, like you've got to have a partner who steps up. You've got to have it that they say, you know, raising kids, it takes a village. So I think for me, yes, I would love to still have a career and then you know, down the track, meet someone and have babies and things like that.
Speaker 7: But yeah, it's a catch twenty two.
Speaker 10: I've also recently, instead of being we talk about, you know, i'll be happy when I'll be happy when I speak a lot about being content, So changing that perspective of I'll be happy when I'm in my career, I've got kids, I'm married, whereas being more content maybe is better for us.
Speaker 1: Can I pull you up on something? Though? Of course, who's got a village?
Speaker 7: Well that's it.
Speaker 3: We're all paddling madly underwater, trying to keep our heads up. I don't have time to help my friends out. Yeah, you know, I don't have time to help my neighbor out.
Speaker 1: There is no village.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're all just doing.
Speaker 3: It for ourselves at the moment, and we're all just trying to bloody survive.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were optimistic for the first time in your life, for the very first time.
Speaker 7: The visit I've killed my dream, Jodie.
Speaker 5: That's a good point of.
Speaker 1: Being a village.
Speaker 2: It's hard work.
Speaker 5: Being members of other people's villages is not actually easy. That's also time consuming and hard. But yeah, I think, yeah, that's where the redefinition comes from. Like for me, I will be a village member for most of the people in my life because I probably won't have kids of my own. I can help pick up some of the sack to help other people have it all. But then technically, under the real definition of it, I'm not having it all, you know, So it's got to change. The definition's got to shift.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. You're a wise little chicken, aren't you.
Speaker 3: What I love about you? Very very thoughtful thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 7: Can we have it all?
Speaker 1: If you're a woman who's sitting there going, well, what are they talking about? I've got it all? I'd love to hear that, but I want to hear from you. It needs you could completely and utterly disagree with me Tano if you like.
Speaker 11: No, I'm not going to actually and I am not a spring chicken either, So but I agree with Zoe. I think honestly, how we define what it means to have it all and be successful into all those things needs to be re evaluated and looked at, because sometimes for me, it's just getting out of bed, or it's just getting through the day, or it's just you know, finishing one small, tiny task. And this idea and expectation that women have to give one hundred and fifty percent to everything all the time is completely outrageous, like that is not it is not achievable, But that's the expectation that's been set up for us by dare I say it's the patriarch.
Speaker 4: Let's have put it out there.
Speaker 11: Gender expectations, gender roles, hundreds of years of history have told us that yes, we can have all those things, but it comes at a price. And you know what, like you said, it's the drowning price. And you do you feel like you're on your own, and you know, you look at all the women around you, and they're so strong and they're brave, and they're beautiful and you're like, why can't I do it like them? But you know what they're doing it like you?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, No one really talks about it, do they Tana, By the way.
Speaker 6: They don't.
Speaker 11: And this is such a good chat. Thank you. I'm going to cry and it's on the radio.
Speaker 3: That was so articulate and well spoken and exactly how I feel about the whole situation. So thank you so much for giving us a call, just so you know the patriarchy that's boys that.
Speaker 12: You okay, see what we have to do with.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That's unbelievably well spoken, unbelievable. And she's dead on ye Jade, good morning, good morning. Can we have it all? No? Yeah, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: I think I think social media right, yes, women's lives because it sets this like it betrays this completely false narrative. You see all these women out there who are killing it and so successful and so happy in their relationships. Everything's perfect, and like the other lady just said, like you think, oh, why can't I be like that? But I know nobody's actually like that. It's just when you're comparing ourselves to things that aren't even through and it's not achievable at all. Like I said, I have three kids. I work four days a week, which isn't much. I'm sort of old school though, I'm like, I don't want my partners to have to do lots around the house. He works seven days a week, So then I'm trying to juggle all these things and trying to make all these people happy and making myself extremely frustrated and unhappy in the process. It's just I think we just need to chill.
Speaker 1: Out, Jane.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, and please don't ever say working four days a week with three kids is not much. That's the hell of a lot, and it's a lot on your plate. So you're doing really well. But on that social media front, hazy. I see these women who I know for an actual fact.
Speaker 1: Are miserable, miserable.
Speaker 3: And they're overworked in their stress, and yet I click on their social media and I go, oh my god.
Speaker 5: That's the pressure, isn't it. We're chasing an impossible stort.
Speaker 3: What are you trying to say here that your life is perfection? And you know, yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Chloe, good morning.
Speaker 13: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Can we have it all?
Speaker 13: I think that's going to depend on how selfish you are. If you're very selfish, then yes you can and you just take, take, take, and don't give. But then you come across as a terrible person if you don't give back. So really, it's going to depending how you want to be viewed by people. If you want to be viewed as somebody who is very selfish or somebody that is not. So really it's going to be in the eye perception of other people what you want them to see.
Speaker 5: I think I agree you can have more if you're willing to just take from the world and do what's best solely for you. But like we had this chat on the phone to us and I said, you want to give back. Life's about giving two So well.
Speaker 3: That depends on what you want your legacy to be, right, how do you want to be remembered in some more pressure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you want your footprint to be?
Speaker 3: Do you want to be someone who, okay, killing it at work, allegedly killing it at home, but then people walk out of a room and go, oh, she's not a very nice person.
Speaker 1: Tricky one. He's what you're waking up to, Adelaide, what.
Speaker 2: Information overload? As soon as you're wake up and look at your phone. So much info coming up. She thought, you know, we'd just condense it into three quick little stories.
Speaker 3: What we feel like you need to know exactly, and what you need to know is anything that newsreader Abbey has to say, that's what you need to know.
Speaker 7: A good morning, A quick one for me this morning.
Speaker 10: It's Thursday, so obviously we start thinking about the weekend ahead of us. But we need to vote this weekend because obviously the voice referendum is happening. So just make sure on Saturday that you go to it early or go to a voting center sorry, and put your vote in yes or no. I went and did it yesterday when an early voted didn't have to line up. It was super easy and super quick and it was done and dusted in about five minutes.
Speaker 7: So just remember to do that this weekend.
Speaker 1: Would you vote yes or no?
Speaker 2: Person? What are you voting for? Apparently, so there's people at the front of the voting systems, like aggressive yes people and aggressive people who are bombarding people.
Speaker 10: That has been reported. I didn't have that yesterday. The AEC staff did so well. That was so nice. They were so respectful and there wasn't anyone standing out the front. So I highly you know, if you don't want to have to go and deal with that on Saturday, I highly suggest going straight away today or tomorrow.
Speaker 2: And early yes or no person comes up and go where are you going to vote for?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to vote.
Speaker 10: Maybe I voted for yes onions go on butting sausage, so maybe I voted in the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm sure I was well.
Speaker 3: Very quickly on that I covered a No rally and the Yes campaigners were so beyond aggressive. They were abusive to people walking with the no shirts, and I just would I would implore everyone to be respectful of everyone else's opinion coming into the weekend, because we all have our thoughts, feelings, and emotions around this and they can be really heightened. But also at the core of this is democracy and respect for each other. So just remember that if you're thinking very much so.
Speaker 2: And also yes, the pineapple and pizza, Yes, of course, yes.
Speaker 1: Right, Kayla, it's an eat nannestness.
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, it's getting ridiculous. Zenus, it's seen us, It's seen us. It's seen us.
Speaker 1: Okay, HiT's the court, I said.
Speaker 2: Well, it's seen us.
Speaker 7: It's ceenis good one hazy.
Speaker 3: It's the courts again in her Supreme Court, a battle with cass Olholme. So basically, if you're not across this story, Kayla obviously founded the sweat app, has made an absolute fortune on it. Cass came to work with her from Queensland and then has left the company and has now starting her own app, which Kayla claims is going to lose her a million dollars in revenue, and she's got a noncompete clause in her contract so she's not supposed to launch anything until say February March next year. However she's gone early ahead of summer naturally, which is a smart business move.
Speaker 1: And Carla's gone, oh no, you.
Speaker 2: Didn't, Yeah, because some of the body's made in winter.
Speaker 3: We all know that, correct, so true, So that will play out again in court. They were encouraged to mediate outside of court to save themselves a lot of lawyer's fees, and they were unable to come to an a green what.
Speaker 2: Do they do like a push up competitions?
Speaker 7: How many burpies can you do in a minute? Age ago?
Speaker 3: But it was.
Speaker 2: Us just around this off as well. What I saw The article was via a Reddit music complaining in Sydney and it was a posh pub in the Rocks. Obviously things a little bit expensive there, but posted that a beer, a single beer in a part at the Rocks cost it seventeen dollars eighties. Tool bears are getting really expensive.
Speaker 7: Was it an Imperial pint?
Speaker 10: Because you know how obviously in South Australia were different and now.
Speaker 2: It wasn't an Imperial. It was just a stop saying what we called a pint or a schooner over there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, seventeen doors eighty ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Kidding And I'm not going to say which pub was pub and Nord I went to about a year ago, got two beers on tap. It was a craft beer thirty five bucks and I literally went back and I was like, I don't want to sound like a Titans, but yeah, did I just pay three five bucks two beersah and the girl washuking. Yes, it's a pretty expensive, isn't it. I guess it is for the first time ever. Maybe should warn people before you do that, Yeah, because now my kids skipping.
Speaker 3: Meals you always get caught out abs when they say when you go, oh can I have a savvyon Blanc, and they're like, oh, would you like the house? And the house never sounded gross, or would you like the Shawn Smith? And I love Shaw and Smith, so I get suckeredy in every single time. And then they go, oh, would you like a small or a large poor on that? And You're like, well, I can't do a small one now any more than I can do a house savvy b exactly right, So I have the large ones.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: That'll be twenty two dollars.
Speaker 10: For a class of why this is why I always get the bottle, because it's more economical. Follows me for more cost of living hacks news.
Speaker 2: That is your post snooze news. The six fifteen vending machine.
Speaker 3: Yes, the vending machine. She's sparkling, she's beautiful. She's sitting in the corner of the room right here. It's an actual physical vending machine.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like it's genuine looking at right now. It's a big goal box. Oh she just you. I think I'm happily married. Six fifteen venue machine. Calm down, stop winking at.
Speaker 1: Jesus, lady. Let's go to Tyson from Farred and Park. Good morning, Tyson, Hey, how are you going? Do you know how this works?
Speaker 2: I've heard it a few times in the radio.
Speaker 3: Great, okay, three questions for you, just got to get the third one right and then you have a crack at the vending.
Speaker 2: Machine before we get stuck anything, Tyson, are you single? Bon any chance?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: Actually had a partner and I just had a baby three week congratulations.
Speaker 2: Congratulations mane fantastic?
Speaker 1: Are you and Hazy just sitting there with newborns?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You're gonna have to go to those dad classes? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Oh no, dear mum's groups? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Was there no dad away from them?
Speaker 6: I think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not involved in any dad sort of group, are you, Tyson?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Not at the moment. Do they even exist?
Speaker 1: I don't think that they do have dad's groups.
Speaker 2: Groups everywhere, but no father's groups.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, mother's grips can be really interesting and some of the mums can get super clinging. Anyway, I digress. Six, Let's go Tyson.
Speaker 1: Question one. Who voices this character in the Toy Story film series?
Speaker 2: You are ty You weren't the real buzz like you. You're a You're an accent figure. You are a child play thing.
Speaker 1: Impressive.
Speaker 9: That'll be Tom Hank.
Speaker 2: That would be as Tom Hanks. What is I think that's Tom Hanks going off at Wilson. Oh no, wait, that's castaway.
Speaker 1: Question number two, Tyson, what's it is? The Eiffel Tower in.
Speaker 2: Part?
Speaker 1: Oh, hesitation there, Tyson?
Speaker 2: I thought that someone's worldly.
Speaker 6: I don't have to think.
Speaker 1: About it for a second. Alright, Tyson.
Speaker 3: Question number three, this is for a shot at the vending machine, which comedian did Will Smith slap at the Oscars in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: That would be Chris right, got even good too, and it said something he had our ageus before we stopped you, mar I can't even remember.
Speaker 3: It was get your wife's name out of my mouth something like that. Yeah, yeah, sorry, Tyson, my apologies. And then it turns out, Tyson, that they're not even really married. They've been separated for about seven years. That came out this morning.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go, the more you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so true.
Speaker 2: Keep my fake wife's name.
Speaker 1: All right, Tyson, I need a letter between A and C.
Speaker 2: Please, we'll go be after my partner.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's her name?
Speaker 9: Three?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 1: Lovely and a number between two and six.
Speaker 2: We'll go four four four. This is a cousin of the one to be two.
Speaker 8: Child.
Speaker 1: Remember yeah, second cousin twice.
Speaker 2: Removed, removed. It's a kid down the street that B one and B two. I don't allowed to hang out with B four. All right, sling shop.
Speaker 1: Oh joyson, guess what you've won?
Speaker 9: What about?
Speaker 3: Want a packet of original flavored chips? O? Good on you mate, Thank you so much and all the best with the new baby.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it, jeez, have a great day.
Speaker 2: So there we go. You're avoid the chips.
Speaker 1: I know it's one job well before.
Speaker 2: It's no good before. So what very very nasty stuff. From what we will say is I've just got this feeling Joe's but this chet Fakers song is gonna play really soon. They're having on.
Speaker 1: Sometimes your feeling is gonna be unreliable. Let's go with it this time.
Speaker 2: You can be unreliable, but harvest for a festival about you tickets rather upper grabs. Just keep an ear at That's what I'll say.
Speaker 1: Eight hundred bucks worth, rageous, crazy.
Speaker 2: Battles of men, just keeping the competitive juice is flowing. That's what Battle of the Bangers does.
Speaker 12: Yes, that's what we do.
Speaker 1: So we choose a song each and then.
Speaker 3: You are invited our very dear friends of the show to vote on the Joddy and Hazy Instagram page, and whoever comes out victorious we play their song at eight o'clock tomorrow morning.
Speaker 2: Invited pressure, you know, all those sorts of words, gilted, guilted in eight am tomorrow. It just kickstart your Friday, right, so jokes and just on that as well. I mean, the scores not important, but it is for me because I'm losing. It's eleven to nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at you go, just a tiny little lead, that's fine. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: What you got for us today?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you do the honest thank you because you revealed to us before that what It's an Aussie song. Yeah, and it is Harvest Rock theme, yes, okay.
Speaker 1: One of the artists going to Harvest Rock. Performing at Harvest Rock is.
Speaker 3: Bernard Fanning, previously of the greatest band in the world powder Finger. Yeah, and this is one of their best songs ever.
Speaker 2: That's a bit of a turn. It is definitely a bit of a churn.
Speaker 3: It is a tune, isn't it. And I just googled the meaning of the song and it says. The song suggests that leaving that leaving a lasting impact on the world is a way to transcend the constraints of mortality. It invites listeners to reflect on their own pursuit of leaving a legacy and ask them to question what truly matters in line, Wow, that's heavy.
Speaker 1: I just like the song, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Let's just leave it at It's a catchy tune. You're good with that, Powderfinger, Berni your name. That is a good song.
Speaker 1: It is good.
Speaker 2: I'm channeling all the females out there, and you know what, self included some of the males as well. If you like other humans, and you are attracted to other humans, then you like this bloke.
Speaker 1: Corby?
Speaker 2: What do you mean Matt Corby?
Speaker 1: Okay, here's that guard and quashed the reactions.
Speaker 2: Excuse me at the start? Ready? I mean I need to adjusted.
Speaker 1: I mean, I would argue that that's the best part of the song. It's the opening bit.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good, all right? How da? What about this is Jodi series? Come on, I just think of the goodness sake, grow up? What about you trying to bag Matt Corby?
Speaker 1: Have you seen a photo of in the jokes.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he's cute.
Speaker 3: He's also amazing. He also does the loot pedal. You know that Edgeran famously does one of his songs. He did I saw him lave and the whole song was with the lute pedal, just with his vocals.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 7: It's really good.
Speaker 1: Thanks, am producer.
Speaker 3: Who's wakes. You're throwing your support behind that's fine.
Speaker 2: Because she's a warm blood of female.
Speaker 1: Because he's got nice eyes. So that's why you're voting for Hazy. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there you go. I burned your name by powder Finger versus Matt Corby brother, didn't he burst on send? I know he's on a stray ord with all that, but they just put him on the map.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to say I don't know much of his work, but.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Oh my god, she's doing a reverse triple jay. I don't know who that is.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure you cast.
Speaker 2: Your You tell me you've built a time machine. It's hazy on this daysy Thursday. Start thinking about it, but don't get too far ahead of yourself, but just start thinking about the weekend. I reckon, Yeah, I reckon, I reckon. It's time still two more days for you to inject some knowledge into that beautiful brain of yours and use it at a later and more appropriate date. On this days he twelfth of October. Let's go back to nineteen sixty eight. It's a beautiful, single and sassy. Hugh Jackman was born in Sydney. Today is his fifty fifth birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh, happy birthday, Hugh.
Speaker 3: Unfortunate little divorce getting in the way of celebrations, But.
Speaker 1: Here we are.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he'll find a way to have a good time when you're fifty five and your wolverine doesn't matter, and do whatever you want. Believable stuff. Nineteen ninety two. Josh Hutchison born in Union, Kentucky. Today's he's at thirty first birthday. He plays Peter in the Hunger Games.
Speaker 7: Ah, there you go?
Speaker 2: Yes, any big bad Joshy. Nineteen twenty three, Veggiemite was officially given its name. A competition was held to name the new Australian product. The name was pulled out of a hat by the daughter of the inventor.
Speaker 7: There you go?
Speaker 1: Can I riddle me?
Speaker 3: This? Is there anything more delicious than a hot piece of toast with melted butter?
Speaker 1: And then a layer of veggimite on the top.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, I'll say something somewhat controversial because it's genuine savory versus sweet. Throw some honey on that as well.
Speaker 1: No what, who are you?
Speaker 2: Who are you?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 7: It was a child?
Speaker 2: Everyone? No mind? Sign In October twelve, two thousand and five, don't you buy the pussycat dolls? Let's tell you what Nicole Shursing are back in two thousand and five, was just starting her career, doing some good things.
Speaker 3: No lack of confidence though. Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?
Speaker 2: And all the guys are like, ah, yes, but their internal thoughts.
Speaker 1: Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?