Speaker 1: Apote Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Chills, the podcast where we tell you a story that's hard to believe, unless, of course, it happened to you. Let me introduce you to Rachel. She's like you and probably like me. She's a bit of a skeptic, but she has been surrounded for most of the life by people who do believe absolutely.
Speaker 3: I think the way that I've always taken this on is that as a family, we've sort of grown up with it. We've grown up around that sort of there's something more. Mum is very much into it. She's very intuitive. My youngest brother he is super intuitive as well, And I think that's where it's left me sort of in the middle.
Speaker 1: They always call me the fence sitter.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you're not WU right. I wouldn't call you wu No, I'd call you know, interested.
Speaker 1: In question marks? Yeah, question mark. Yeah, that's a good way, yeah, yeah, nar.
Speaker 2: Rachel used to be a long haul flight attendant. She was in the mid twenties and life was pretty good. She lived in the UAE and was flying all over the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mid twenties and flying all over the world for a living right, glamorous job, and where I was living. You were put into certain accommodation, so you were given units in buildings where you could live, and that that was just a part of the package.
Speaker 2: So you weren't based in Australia, you were based.
Speaker 1: I was in Apple Dubbe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so really interesting single girl living in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: To be honest, when I first remember first the very first morning, that call to prayer that came and it's sort of crawled across the air and you have your window open, and you think, oh my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, what have I done?
Speaker 3: And it is the most it's so powerful, and you think, oh my gosh, have I made the right decision. I'm in the middle I'm in the Middle East, I'm a female, I'm all alone. And the apartment that I had been given, you're usually housed with someone. But my particular person that I was housed with locked her door in her room and then just moved upstairs with her boyfriend because obviously it was not allowed. So I therefore had our apartment all to myself. But I had no idea what was past that door, never had seen in her room. And I mean, this is like two and a half three years worth of.
Speaker 1: Living by myself.
Speaker 3: But this particular building when we got given our locations and you'd gone through flight school seven weeks and this it was a big thing. I didn't understand it because I was only fresh. They were given and they sat us down, and this is where you're going to be living. And I was given this building that everyone went, Oh, my god, you're so lucky. It's called the Golden Tower. The Golden Tower, right in the middle of the city. It was the best place to be. I even could see the water from our like we were a couple of streets back from the water.
Speaker 1: It's luxury.
Speaker 3: And then the first day after we'd done our seven weeks in temporary accommodation for flight school and we'd passed, and then you graduate and then you get your flying wings, but you also get your own apartment. I get to my apartment, I can see this Golden Tower and underneath the first three levels of the Golden Tower is a hospital.
Speaker 1: A hospital, a hospital. I know, I was like Handy gossick.
Speaker 3: But then this is where the question marks pop up. This is where those moments with the likes of my mum and my brother and growing up around it goes oh, oh.
Speaker 2: This is just a normal general hospital. It's not like a psychiatric hospital or anything like that. It's a general hospital in the middle of Abadabbi.
Speaker 1: Let's fast forward.
Speaker 3: It would have been close to when I was sort of been there a year and a half, right, so I've seen some things. I'd experienced some things like what being out the front of the hospital. Okay, I'd experienced and seen suicide. I had experienced people literally getting thrown out of the car out in the front of the hospital and the car driving off. And we had security guards on every building that we had as flight attendance and flight crew because I don't know what actually security, so technically I had because of the way that we were situated. We had security on ground floor as you enter, because you had to sign in and sign out to get into your own building. And then because of the situation where I was living, I had my own security guard on level four practically at the front, twenty four hours a day, so that no one came through the hospital into the building. It was weird when I think about it, it's weird. This one night, in particular, I had been flying around the world.
Speaker 1: I had come back.
Speaker 3: I had on my particular you had to have a certain amount of hours between flights. Because I'd been away for nine days, I had to be on ground for two. I had not had any alcohol.
Speaker 1: I knew what was ahead of me.
Speaker 3: I had a big roster, and everything was well and good, but this one particular and I sort of landed about the eleven o'clock mark, and I thought, all right that, yeah, I'm a bit sleepy, might go to bed.
Speaker 1: Then I go to bed.
Speaker 3: Everything was fine again, not under the influence of any alcohol, nothing like that. And I wake.
Speaker 1: To this.
Speaker 3: Person and I'm talking straight over the top of me. Have you ever had that sensation over your whole body where you're completely and utterly paralyzed, you cannot move head to toe. I'm awake and I'm going I need to get out of this bed. Two people in my room, one man, one woman, and traditional clothing wise, but he's in the corner and saying, yes, do it. And I've got the lady in the head jab straight over the top of me with hands firmly placed around my neck and full pressure. Jaye, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: I was paralyzed.
Speaker 3: I couldn't move, I couldn't I couldn't get anything out. I could hardly breathe and I could. I was going, what is that? Like this cannot be and I'm thinking, is this real?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 3: And I'm having this moment where I'm flicking, but i could see two figures in my room and I'm looking up and I still no word of a lie. Could not move and the pressure around my collar bones and that I just had to It was almost like you had to lay there. You had to try and breathe at the same time think no word of a lie.
Speaker 1: I couldn't. And it was like, all of a sudden, I.
Speaker 3: Had Mum in the back of my mind, in the back of my head saying tell them to leave, because she was you know, as a kid, she used to tell us that you have to ask them to leave three times or.
Speaker 1: Something like this.
Speaker 3: In it it's at this stage I'm going And so it just all started to dissipate. And then as you're doing this over and over of like just leave. This is not for you. This is just like just trying to do anything you can. I just literally could got this big gasp of air and then.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden it was.
Speaker 3: No word of a lie, had like full pressure marks around my collar bones.
Speaker 1: I had no one in my room. Like by the time I could.
Speaker 3: Move, I had full like I was, I was sweating. I got out of the bed. I flew out of the bed. I ran through the house like the apartment, looking to see.
Speaker 1: If nothing doors locked. Everything's locked.
Speaker 3: Even that bloody bedroom that I'd never seen in for two years was locked.
Speaker 1: No one was there and no word of a lie.
Speaker 3: I got up, made the whole My whole back was drenched with sweat up. I could barely catch my breath, like I'd run a marathon. I had like these pressure heavy round my collar blones like you name it I had. It was like I'd gone on the biggest and then it was just it like go.
Speaker 2: There's nothing more scary than feeling trapped and not being able to move. It's even scarier when the thing that's not letting you move you can't actually see. All you can feel is pressure. There is nothing in front of you apart from the two figures just saw before. So I guess if that happened to me, my first instinct would be to get the hell out of there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, stay, I rang, mum going, and obviously the time difference, She's going, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: Slow down? Stop.
Speaker 3: I didn't obviously sleep for the rest of that night. By the time the next day, I had another whole day and then I was flying that night, so it was I sort of felt like it was okay, I wasn't going to have to sleep again again in this apartment until you know, it's sort of worn off. But then she also had told me to go and get a black particular crystal you put underneath your mattress, underneath your bed, and that would be the protection barrier between whatever obviously is leaving the planet. What they were saying, because I spoke to a few people obviously, and they were saying that obviously from being the first floor above a hospital, when a spirit leaves their body, they have this.
Speaker 1: Moment where they sort of like passing.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether they want to pass through or they don't want to pass through, and not all of them passed through willingly or happy, and obviously I had got two of them.
Speaker 2: And then one night, right, do you know if on that night that you were in your room and there was a man and a woman in traditional garb that were in your room holding you down, the woman holding you down, do you know if two people that night in the hospital died.
Speaker 3: I never went I never went down to actually like explore that, and I never heard. I never invest to get to see who had passed that night. But I can tell you from this one hundred percent, two people left that night, and they came through my bedroom.
Speaker 2: If you got a story that can give us the chills, dms at the Chills pod on Instagram or TikTok, or you can email us at the Chills at podshape dot com. That's the Chills at podshape dot com. See you next time.