Speaker 1: Welcome to the Code NRL Show for another week with me as always, Michael Carrianas and Brent Reid. Guys, welcome. You know what, actually, before we get into today's show, how big has this been? The launch of the Code Sports very special project. It's called Sacked NRL. Now, this is going to be a series of podcasts and it has already launched with Marty to Boo and there'll be some of the biggest names in the game involved with this. Get the likes of breath and that's the Mitch Pierce, Maddy Elliott on his on his Maddie Elliott had some funny stories about it when he was moved on.
Speaker 2: Someone got the perfect shot of it.
Speaker 1: I didn't even think that's someone to take a fat off Todd Carney, James Graham, shand or Earl. And it's about those twists and turns in those individuals' careers, on those life changing moments. And I reckon already what you've seen from Marty to Powell is insights that we haven't heard before. Marty's a power.
Speaker 2: It was pretty amazing. Marty obviously spoke about his time with the Broncos. Now that ended. How we like the Instagram post it was critical of Michael mcgare. I liked it, not knowing what it was. You didn't watch the video. I didn't watch it.
Speaker 3: And I just said made I'm really sorry for what I've created and remorse for everything that has happened because of this. Most to the point where I was going to cry. I stood up, looked him in the eye, put up my hand and nothing.
Speaker 2: It was very good, Marty, very good media performer.
Speaker 1: When and when you say it was very good. It's been the most watched, most clicked story on the Code Sports website by a country mile.
Speaker 2: It's a sign of what's to come to this week.
Speaker 1: It's huge. Sacked I reckon it actually, to be honest, I think the numbers of what it's doing is already. I reckon it will go down as in top top five biggest stories.
Speaker 2: Of the year. I was just a bit playing it, Tyson.
Speaker 1: I'm not giving you actually, I'm actually going CARDI to power. But this is the level of insight you're going to get. Sacked down. RL streaming now exclusively on scope for Code Sports subscribers at code sports dot com dot I use code sports dot com dot I. You there's more to come there. Let's rip into the show, fellas. It's been a funny week. There's been little bits of news around.
Speaker 2: It's been swiped by the Swans.
Speaker 1: I've got to say that it's been swampwamped by the Swans. Yeah, what do you think about the crisis management of the Swans?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: No, seriously, I'm you know what, Dave?
Speaker 2: When you when the start, I was thinking maybe we should dig into the Swans.
Speaker 1: Well, it's not so much. I just think about League show, but I wonder about r L clubs are watching the way the Swan's handled the crisis this week. And what I mean by that is, I reckon. I'm going to give I'm going to give the Swans a wrap on this front. They held a press conference yesterday that was Wednesday. This was a Sunday story that broke. They put the chairman and see up for a wide ranging press conference. Every question answered. So therefore, we've seen ERLD clubs in the past. They hang on to these things for so.
Speaker 2: Long, Dave, I reckon in the world clubs, as Mick drops his phone, I think ner old clubs are sitting back going thank god, it's not us. I don't think they're even looking at the Swans of how they've handled the situation.
Speaker 1: I think there's I.
Speaker 2: Think they're going I disagree. Thank god it's not.
Speaker 1: Rugby later Now I get that, of course, that.
Speaker 2: There's season's gone, they've stood down those they're gone, done dusted. The other thing too big to yawning is a big Swans fan.
Speaker 4: The other thing this is like obviously a serious matter. I'd heard of one of those players.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not discussing the individuals. I'm discussing what NRL clubs learned from the other one. It was interesting, sting was that throughout this entire week none of the players or coaching staff have been wearing Swan's apparel, no sponsorships, no logos. All In effectively, they're Low's gear.
Speaker 2: Which is probably a smart idea because sponsors don't want to be dragged into this stuff. Yeah, it's hard to avoid, right because they're wearing.
Speaker 1: I think clubs follow suit on.
Speaker 2: That smart Well, hopefully we don't have to deal with the Dave. Hopefully our games mature enough and advanced enough we don't have this stuff happening. Yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 1: Actually Touchwood, well we did have Toby Rudolph Mooning Mooning.
Speaker 2: Well, that's true, but that's that's a trivial. That's the scheme of things.
Speaker 1: That's that's a two hundred and twenty fine.
Speaker 2: I think that's neither here nor there right in the scheme of things.
Speaker 1: But hopefully you got at least for your dog, Mick. You're a dog lover.
Speaker 2: His dog is vicious too. You muzzle it, don't take it out. Yeah, it's about this Gray, It's about yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a great yeah, yeah, Collige. You had a greathound, whitehound.
Speaker 2: On a border Collie. They're not normally vicious topics reactive? Is it is that maybe because you've drawed talk.
Speaker 4: You've been over, he hasn't eaten you.
Speaker 2: He's got angry though. Anyway, where should we go with this date?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you where we're going to go. We're going to go down to the Nation's capital on Friday night. Because there's so many layers to this Raiders Broncos game. Firstly, the Great Josh Papa. It is the farewell game for Papa. Michael Carrianas has committed to one of the well He's written only about four features in his entire journalism career, and the fourth ones come through Papa. It's I cannot wait to read this piece.
Speaker 4: It is it is hard. As soon as I get over.
Speaker 1: He's not a feature. Papa's written this one for him. It was a great chat and I mean it by the quote.
Speaker 4: It was amazing, amazing, and you know, like it will sit there and dissects so many elements of his career, and you know, it's a good story about the stuff that you leave out that you can't even get to, right, amazing story.
Speaker 1: Like tell us the Tim tams story.
Speaker 4: Tim TAM's stories all time, right. So he they were playing at Brookie. He and Anthony Milford, his former teammates, sneak off as they see these these the doctor. The doctor had a packet of Tim Tamp's. So before the game, these blokes are stuff in their faces with Tim TAM's right, Ricky sees them, right, doesn't say anything. They're down by forty points at halftime.
Speaker 1: Ock, what do you think.
Speaker 4: Ricky said to him at half time? All right? And I can't repeat it on here because there's a few expletives. Pappa was dropped the next week.
Speaker 2: Didn't survive.
Speaker 4: He was out the door. That was his last year there. But there's all these sorts of stories drop. Ricky Stewart speaks to Ricky Stewart about him as well. It was one of the most candid. It was awesome chart, Like an amazing chart. He's had a and he's owned up to his mistakes, and he's made a few of them, no doubt, we speak about a couple of them. So yeah, it's a really good chart. So I see that online.
Speaker 2: Sports sports can lad of this game. This is the last time there's two sides met in the nation's capital. We all remember what happened. It was a disaster for camera basically cost them. I think a Grand final that game would if they win that game. I think they're playing the Grand Final right And obviously Rich Walsh went wild that day got the Broncos over the line. I'm sure do you reckon. They've discussed it all, you know, Ricky be.
Speaker 1: I will, I will promise you this. That result, there are members of the Ricky of the Ricky Steward of the Raiders that will never ever, ever, for the rest of their lives get over that result. And it rocks them to the core. And I've gotten no doubt in some way, some element it's it's played a role in this season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they just couldn't get over it.
Speaker 1: Devastation really and I mean that they're just gusted by it was.
Speaker 2: Such a missed opportunity. Dave.
Speaker 4: That's there was so many twist happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so many twists and turns. The no try remember the Jed Stewart, Yeah, that decision that it went the ball went forward, they scored to try, the entire crowd of celebrating they're going through to the next week referee.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But to talk about it or to think this is even close to retribution, like not even close, Like.
Speaker 2: It's just you can for it that way.
Speaker 4: That annoys me when people sit there and go, do you think that whatever happened?
Speaker 2: Having the guardment for me saying the only, the only, But do you think it's not you don't think it's been thought about it all this week?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, maybe the players back of their minds.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 4: It's irrelevant.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: The raid Ricky and the race.
Speaker 4: What I'm talking about when put fifty on them, put one hundred on them, it will not matter because it doesn't I'm close to what happened last year.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of.
Speaker 4: Nothing, zero satisfaction. Brisbane won the comp last year.
Speaker 2: Remember hello Ron Coast fan, Please, I'm just saying you can never turn from what happened last year. But there's a little bit of satisfaction.
Speaker 1: Nothing.
Speaker 4: They could win by one hundred, right.
Speaker 2: I just said they win by one hundred. That wouldn't give them a little sense of satisfaction to make me a last year for what happened last year, not to make up last year for what happened last year. You're in an Entreas movie. You didn't sleep.
Speaker 4: The only way that even like you can, the only way you can get revenge back, right, which it doesn't really happen, right if you play, if you beat a side in a Grand final or corresponding game that you lost to, but they still won that game, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I think it matters to them. I would imagine it matters to them this week.
Speaker 4: That what happened last year.
Speaker 2: Yes, please Das. Basically he's basically remember twenty three why he knows.
Speaker 4: Why, and me just worry about your sharks, don't know about the rest.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, David. I think there's a little bit well I think it adds a little bit of extra, just a little to mention one percent, mate, whatever it is, one percent, two percent.
Speaker 1: Point point for telling you, I'm telling you that club whatever have been, they were shattered. I know I'm not devastating in any of them. When you're hurt by someone, you want to inflict pain.
Speaker 2: And I get that because right now I'm reporting ways I can inflict.
Speaker 4: But they could win by one hundred and it doesn't repair what happened last.
Speaker 2: Repair a me that's always saund doesn't even know what was saying.
Speaker 4: If a little broken heart and it's one hundred percent broken, it's still going to be one hundred percent breaken on Saturday morning when they wake.
Speaker 2: But there's still a little bit of satisfaction from sticking to to them.
Speaker 1: I think you're relevant, Yeah, I reckon they wish Reyese Walsh.
Speaker 2: Was playing interesting, Corey Hawes was back. Yeah, No, you don't think that's interesting.
Speaker 4: It's a little bit interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's per interesting.
Speaker 2: It's all I'm going to give you a percentage of it's a little bit interesting.
Speaker 1: Do you think he was going for the years?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I thought he'd come back. I thought he'd come back for this game because it's Papa's last game and obviously teammate has been a long time I thought he would play in this game. Yes, but it's still interesting, very interesting, even if it's only one percent more interesting than your last point.
Speaker 1: What if it does get ugly for the Broncos, can you get in the ugly like didn't last?
Speaker 4: It could get ugly.
Speaker 2: They're dragons are't going to win three, two or three more games. Let's I know you guys, your dragons lick spittles and you probably imagine they will, but they're not going to two or three more.
Speaker 4: Games will come last?
Speaker 2: Okay, so revelation there. They're in dire straits now what I mean? What are they won one of their last thirteen.
Speaker 1: One game since April.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's pretty bad. Now, it's pretty dire, I think. Okay, it'll get it'll get one percent worse. If they lose by fifty, then it gets worse.
Speaker 1: What happens then, well.
Speaker 2: They're not going to sat the coach. He's going to finish the season, right of course, when do you get what do you do? Apart from that, Harvey Squad's injured. You can't really bring any player where he dropped. Tommy Duffy could probably bring him back. It's like a lamb to the slaughter. But what else do you do? You just got to get They just need to get through that. I've said this, get through the end of the season, the end of the season, sort out whatever your problem was.
Speaker 1: Do you think they'll do.
Speaker 2: I think they'll try and fix the problems. They don't.
Speaker 1: You don't think they'll announce an extension.
Speaker 4: No way it would be.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine a.
Speaker 1: Being so publicly outspoken.
Speaker 2: About Has anyone actually been quoted on.
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I think Carl was. I think Carl spoke around it, but I don't think he actually said we are extending. Michael, I can't remember dead match.
Speaker 4: You just can't.
Speaker 1: How can you not in this environment? No, you said you said it about six weeks ago.
Speaker 2: They could They could off tip the Broncos. I always do, but they could lose both. They could lose by forty down there you went to the first game.
Speaker 1: This is what this is why you're running last inn it?
Speaker 4: This is what did you win the comp last year?
Speaker 2: No, there came top three or something. But the Broncos had a good year this year had a bad year and run last every week.
Speaker 4: Mate.
Speaker 2: You've got to be loyal, mate, some loyal you guys have got that loyalty.
Speaker 1: Who you're dipping in this game? Camera camera for me, broncast. This is a huge game. Unfortunately Latrell Mitchell has failed in his attempt to get there. Fellows to get there back back next week.
Speaker 4: You're confident, very confident off the bench.
Speaker 2: I don't know that. I don't know probably, but they'll be back next week, the big man.
Speaker 1: That's yeah. So no Latrell against the Warriors at a course stadium.
Speaker 4: In this match you had some yews around the Warriors.
Speaker 1: I did too. Yeah, that's right. Yeah, this is significant, right. So the Warriors have re signed Andrew Webster their head coach through until twenty thirty two.
Speaker 4: Guys, a good coach.
Speaker 1: The deal makes him the longest serving Warriors coach in their history if he gets there, which we anticipate he will. And secondly now the longest contracted coach in the NRL. That was previously Benji and Cameron Serraaldo. But really I thought it does come as a surprise. He's not off contract until the end of twenty eight. It's an extension through till thirty two. But the Warriors they're just they just do things based on stability. Yep. And this gives the club one direction. Every junior in the club knows exactly who the head coach is. Webster can make key recruitment decisions with Andrew McFadden the head of recruitment. Classy moved by the Warriors.
Speaker 4: Great coin. Unlike the situation around Benji earlier, the back end of last year is the fact that you know, if Andrew Webster had hit the open market, or even if he's not on the market, clubs would have been circling him. Yeah right, And you know the twenty eight there's a new probably a New Zealand side in twenty nine, so that puts to bed any chance, even though that would have been a small chance, but any chance that they make a play whoever that new side is, make a play for Andrew Webster. Great core, great coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I get a bit frustrated with this suggestion that giving a coach a long term deal gives a club stability. Yeah it doesn't. It gives a club stability as winning, right, That's what Andrew webs has done really well. He wins. So okay, they're giving you twenty thirty two. But the only way sees it out if he keeps winning, right.
Speaker 1: But what about the point around the fact that he was they're safeguarding themselves from a play from the Eels the West Tiger.
Speaker 4: That's the point, that's my point, right Potentially, that's part of it is the fact that if he was on, even if he's not on the open market, like, he'd be one of the coaches that would be in demand. So that's what it is. You own about stability. I know what you're saying in that instance, but this is different. This is this is not.
Speaker 2: Around the hands off the thing, man.
Speaker 4: It is it is you know, they've shown faith and gone, well, he's not going anywhere. And all these long term contracts, all that matters is the power clause exactly right, if it's six months, twelve months and two years, three years, or he paid him full right like otherwise you can have a contract for ten years with a six month power cause it's irrelevant how long the length of the deal is. So that's and there'd be a safeguard mechanism in there for sure for the Warriors because it's such a long term deal. But I think it's good business because he's a coach that will be in demand.
Speaker 2: And they're not going to look I mean, I said that right about stability. The only thing that produces stability is winning. He's going to keep winning because he's a very good coach and they're a juggernaut over such a juggernaut over there. The Warrior is going to be a force forget about for the next four years, for the next ten years, for the next twenty years because they've just got things right. Cameron George has got things right over there. Andrew Webbs has got things right over there. There are a model that other clubs need to replicate. We've seen there's somebody clubs in this game who are battling at the moment. You know, the Warriors model is perfect. He's a great coach. They're killing it. They could win a comp this year and I never thought. I didn't think that before the season started.
Speaker 1: For everything we're saying about the Wars Bunnies, fans want to want them beat the Bunnies. They want to beat this.
Speaker 2: I give him a hope.
Speaker 1: I actually think this is well with no So Luke Hanson the young half in the New South Wales Cup and comes into the side.
Speaker 2: Who signed.
Speaker 4: To a peaky back, a fullback. You sit there now you look at their halves choices. Obviously Tomorrow gone, Tanner Boy gone, Look Metcalf gone. Chance would have been probably in the half. So they're up to their fifth choice.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Cody Walker's in did something on Cody Walker earlier this week, Dave and I reckon Cody deserves a bit of a rap. We were quite critical of him five six weeks ago when the last out of Jack Cogar got suspended for a week. He's this one was poor. Everyone was quite critical of Cody the ways we bounced back from that. His past five games, I think he's had eight trice is. You know, he's playing out of his skin. He's got them back in finals contention. You know, they basically almost booked a finals birth. Now, a lot of that's on the back of Cody. So think I reckon Cody deserves a bit of a rap.
Speaker 4: Courdy and Matt Dufty, Yeah, the combination with the footy and their ability at the moment to shift and play with speed and Cody's you know, Cody is still such an elusive threat with the boar and Matt Dufty is Matt Dufty is Like I watched a lot of Matt Dufty as a kid coming up through the through the grays, like so I coached and he was the year not didn't coaching. I stopped talking. He was in the year above, like I was at Kingsgrave Hills at Panzas year above. So I watched a lot of him, and he was this standout talent, this great kid. They came through and he just never did the tough stuff, even at that age, right, he just was so great with the footy And what are you laughing at?
Speaker 2: So you say you coached, you coached the year below him, or you played the year blowing I coached.
Speaker 4: I didn't play against him much younger than me. Yeah, but watching him through the grades and even when he came into first grade, he had these flashy bits abrilliance, but if an error went against him, he'd never seen him for the rest of the game.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: But now is his decision making is elite. But his toughness, which was not there right is there now He's Cody Ramsey is the best story of this year in terms of comebacks, clearly Matt Dufty's second.
Speaker 2: Did you have a coach against him, Matt Dufty.
Speaker 1: No, boys, I want to tell you why I was intrigued.
Speaker 2: What the tip shee would have said?
Speaker 4: Tip sheet was just the run at him because you couldn't you just yeah, defensively he played five day or full back.
Speaker 1: We just spoke with Andrew Webster. He'll be genuine Dallium Coach of the Year contender. I want to tell you why Wayne Bennett is a sleeper for Dallim Coach of the Year because he's asleep.
Speaker 4: He sleeps in meetings, Oh he does. He doesn't sleep in video sessions.
Speaker 1: You cover yourself, mate, go easy.
Speaker 4: What about Gus? Your hate on Gus?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 4: Let's get there soon.
Speaker 1: Boys, Wayne Bannet's a sleeper for the Dallim Coach of the Year. I'll tell you why.
Speaker 4: Tell me.
Speaker 1: They suffered a tremendous tragedy in the early preseason of November last year with young Johannes Slogan taking his life. That impacted the dressing room immensely and still is. We have the gro situation absolutely devastating. How does a coach combat that? How do a team of players combat that? They've been able to do it? You've touched on Cody Walker. He's not getting any younger yet. Here he is playing the best footy at the right time of the season. I'll tell you this. They've had seven different spine combinations throughout the entire season. Seven. So we talk about what the Warriors are going through with the changes. The Bunnies have been scratching around trying to find their best spine all year and that is hard to do and still be in finals contention. They've done it on top of key injury of course, to the big gun Latrell Mitchell. And here they are points well made, Dave. Here they are in finals.
Speaker 2: So here's your coach of the year.
Speaker 1: He's the sleeper.
Speaker 2: What about Trent Robinson.
Speaker 4: That's like, let's let's rewind a little bit. Good points, Dave.
Speaker 1: You are going to come with me or not? On Wayne, Has any coach.
Speaker 2: He's done a great job?
Speaker 1: Hasn't. But I'm talking about great job. But they're huge hurdles to just I.
Speaker 2: Agree with you. Addressing the Hannah slogan one, Dave, we spoke to some of the players at South about that late last year. Some of those bookes Joe Gray for example, like they were thick as thieves, Willam LeBlanc. So you're right about how that impacted the group, right.
Speaker 1: Diagnosis huge huge, It didn't impact sounds did impact the.
Speaker 2: Entire a lot of try. You make a lot of good points.
Speaker 1: We always talk about fullbacks and you guys have just wrapped the hell out of Matt Darty. The guys come from the UK Super League and replaced I would say their most influential attacking player last season, Joe Gray, and sure enough they've done it and here they are seeing the seventh with a genuine chance to beat the Warriors.
Speaker 2: The Queens end coach as well.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Wayne, I wouldn't be surprised if he's got the daim Coach of the Year.
Speaker 2: I go back to my point, he might not be there.
Speaker 1: He might up with my dressing. His behalf might all accepted on behind.
Speaker 2: Coming back to my point, you mentioned Andrew Webster, you mentioned Wayne, Justin Holbrook. Justin Holbrook? Are you Brush and Robbie? They could win the minor Premiership.
Speaker 1: I come back to rosters for dallim coach of the Year.
Speaker 4: I'm with Dave, are you really my Wholebrook? I've got Holbrook ahead of Trent Robinson. I like the Wayne point. I do like the Wayne point.
Speaker 1: There are unbelievable hurdles South Warriors. Who are you tipping Boys Warriors? But Bunnies by a point? Super tight fellas. The last game on Saturday night is the Red v versus the Bulldogs the Dragons Doggies. I think this will be tight given the way s George La were coming together when it matter, when it matters. At the back end of this season, No Guffo gone for the rest of the season. Now he's undergone knee season ending knee surgery. Does that impact Guffo next year?
Speaker 4: No, not at this stage.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: Obviously there's been some minuendo about Clink Cotherston and he's he's from you future season guilty and but yeah, he's intimated to the club that he wants to play on If the surgery is success, he'll be there to start pre season training.
Speaker 1: Daniel Atkinson's full back year.
Speaker 2: He was good last week, really good.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Is he free to go? He's free to go? Right or not?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't think so. Okay, Well, like I don't think he's been informed you can go now?
Speaker 4: No, of course not. No, No, he hasn't been and I think he does want to go, he hasn't been he hasn't been given permission.
Speaker 1: But the interesting interesting.
Speaker 4: To get around the dragons as well is that you know there is something uncertainty around Luke Metcalf given his lack of durability.
Speaker 1: What what we.
Speaker 4: Just did his hammy again.
Speaker 1: Where's the uncertainty coming from? Which is obvious his physic physical prowess.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's by Atkinson's good depth.
Speaker 4: That's what good insurance. Now, if you had any thoughts of moving Kyle Daniel like you got to be Yeah, you have to because of you know, the fact that Luke has struggled to he hasn't played fifty first grade games yet, right, Like, it's a concern and it's that were terrible scenes and it's obviously sad and things like that. But you've got to be silly business. You've got to be silly not to go. Well, there are some concerns, right, And I'm not knocking to sign in at all.
Speaker 1: Have you spoken to anyone at Saints about you? No, that's your point of view.
Speaker 4: What's but it's it's what there's no opinion. You guys don't think it's obvious that there's concerns around his ability to play a full season. Yeah, of course, Okay, like it's a revelation.
Speaker 1: I'm just trying to understand your point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'll tell you what I'm doing. I'm not letting him ever goal kick ever again ever. Not even look at goal kicking, right, not even contemplate, no reps because they've got drink water when the goalkick, you say, don't even look at it. Look at don't even look at it because you know when Chanelle's taking the kigs.
Speaker 2: He's got stuck around Price back in the day with me.
Speaker 4: Who's with me on that?
Speaker 1: Will come with you on that?
Speaker 4: That's good shout because you know you can't put him in cotton. Will you need like you know, even around moving positions. It's irrelevant r because it still needs to run. It's just those reps that you do at training and all the hours just wipe it out.
Speaker 2: What about the mod their upper against I think the greatest indictment of the Bulldogs is some people consider this game and even money better. I mean they should the Dogs, based on the start out, the expectation right around the two footy clubs should win this in the canter Really.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say you can't win on games on expectation.
Speaker 2: What's that on the expectation around the footage side of the start?
Speaker 1: I think what you're trying to say the roster mate the roster, well, I don't think the Preston, Crichton, Burton yep, Coraz Galvin yep. In the front, in the pack, Lea Thompson yep. There you go, that's your expectation.
Speaker 2: They should win the cannon. But there we've spoken about this team's roster and the way they've got things wrong, completely out of whack, and that gives the Dragons a hope.
Speaker 4: I reckon don't give the Dragons.
Speaker 1: I think can of course, but beknoa two weeks ago. Yeah, they're finding different ways to win.
Speaker 4: They are. They are, They're going good, They're going good.
Speaker 2: Dogs are finding good ways to lose.
Speaker 1: Yes, they are. And I'll tell you one thing I mentioned the Raiders earlier about the devastation of the Broncos lost in last year's finals. I'm telling you the way the Dogs dived nose dived after leading, Correct me if I'm wrong. I think it was fourteen four or fourteen eight against the Roosters two weeks ago and lost that game. It ripped out their soul.
Speaker 4: Las Vegas Revenge game two, it ripped out their soul. They were divenge for Vegas.
Speaker 2: They should have won that and you saw the route.
Speaker 1: Out last week, devoid of energy because they watched their top eight claims fall away in twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: You know what, We're talking about the Broncos having a huge off season, right, and they do have one. The Dog's got a huge off season as well, for different reasons, right. I think they're obviously this season hasn't mean it's devastating as Brisbane, yeah, but it's been an enormous leadown.
Speaker 4: You just want to start the preseason or get to Christmas and go, well, this is our one six seven.
Speaker 1: Nine and this is the way we're trucking.
Speaker 4: We're going to stay potentially stay with it for the season bar an injury. Right.
Speaker 2: But I don't think the problem is I don't think they've got a one six seven line you can confidently predict before the This will.
Speaker 4: Not saying that for.
Speaker 1: Now Dogs dogs for me, Dogs guys. I'm a little bit surprised Trent Robinson didn't rest a couple here against the West Tigers opportunity a premierhire. They they play the Dolphins next week. Premiership Did you say the minor premierships on the line.
Speaker 4: Well, they want to win.
Speaker 1: They've proven they can win without Todayskka. Yeah, Sammy Walker, you could play Hugo Savalla in the hearts.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I still want to win, make sure they win. They could run out third stringers and win.
Speaker 1: Dave Radia, you're worried about the Tigers in this game.
Speaker 2: Of course. Yeah, the way they're going and the way the Roosts are going, definitely worried about Definitely.
Speaker 1: Do he's gone for the rest of the season. Guys undergone shoulder surgery.
Speaker 4: Two weeks too late, two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Why the time that was Jock Madden and Jerome Lewie in the halves now, yep. I think it's a shame that they haven't been able to relegate. Loui Giovanni. You can't play against the Roosters.
Speaker 4: Now, you can say on the back of do well, yeah, but you're gonna play them this week against the Roosters the next two weeks. I could not even contemplate playing that kid against the You just couldn't.
Speaker 2: Ben I don't think Benji did contemplate.
Speaker 4: It's the right call. Even thinking it is the right call. They play the Cowboys away next week, so that's probably not in my till time to give young time. And then they played Pedroth. Wow, I wouldn't be let him play. Imagine the scar in for the poor kid.
Speaker 1: Tiger is going to be in a worse state next year or better state next year.
Speaker 2: I think that'll be better. I think they'll get some bodies back by pissed Paul Taylor may take Caulo comes in.
Speaker 4: What's going to take it? What's it going to take for you to jump off the bus?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Someone's got to give him some love. There's no love for the Tigers.
Speaker 1: Give him someone's could I wrapped them the like? Listen one, listen, five of them?
Speaker 2: Listen. Can ask you this, yes, do you think there'll be any worse with Jerome lew leaving at the end of the year.
Speaker 4: I don't think they'll be better.
Speaker 1: I don't think they'll be better. But I understand what you're saying, because do you think you'll be better?
Speaker 2: Saying I'm saying Jerome's not playing great? No, But do you think they'll be better with Kye pissed Paul, back with Taylor May, back with Charine Bull of fit because it's clearly not do we fit with Jake All playing James Brawley there and then and then why would I not think.
Speaker 1: They could be? What happens? Because then the finals, because it's twenty seven round season. Like I keep reminding you, is did what happens if one of those four?
Speaker 4: I think dragons be tigers. Dragons will finish headed tigers next year the ladder.
Speaker 1: You're with me, you know what's really interrupted. I'm saying you're rattling off these names, but you're saying that they'll never get injured next year.
Speaker 2: Maybe sometimes it goes in cycles. They get a bad year with injuries this year, maybe next year they have a good year.
Speaker 4: They have had a bad injury run to keep to keep players, no doubt, But it's still their lack of effort and their lack of desire, the lack of energy, which has been a concern. But it's not just now. It's in the past two months.
Speaker 2: It's all gone pear shaped micks and they need again a bit like the Broncos and some of these other teams. They just need an off season, work it out, get it get these new bodies in, get blokes fit again.
Speaker 4: They just need to keep rins and repeat and get some point.
Speaker 2: The cycle has got to win Mick something at some.
Speaker 4: Point and then you'll be vindicated.
Speaker 1: You've got to earn love. You got to earn love. I haven't earned it.
Speaker 2: Okay, bikes seem to love on the dragons. They're above them on the ladders. That love come from the dragons.
Speaker 4: Deserved dragons deserved to be lovey. Yeah, this has been a disgraceful season from the dragons.
Speaker 2: Were giving them loads of love.
Speaker 4: The better places than the Tigers next year.
Speaker 2: Yes, well we've had a wager on that.
Speaker 4: You disagree, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Really though, who are you tipping in this game? Ready?
Speaker 4: Off, roosters, what's the margin? What's the margin?
Speaker 1: Roosters?
Speaker 2: What margin would you give? Thirty thirty twenty five, twenty twenty DC late field goal?
Speaker 1: It's that time a week, but yes, message of the week. Time those soft calls, the dodgy reviews, the by rounds, nobody wanted. You know, we're asking you to call it out.
Speaker 2: Dave, I got called.
Speaker 1: I've got to go to coach sports dot com dom Yeah, coachboards dot com, toda you and just vent just vent at us.
Speaker 2: I put a shout out in social media, got a lot of responses.
Speaker 1: You took over?
Speaker 2: Yeah, can I throw this from now? A lot of rude ones to disrupt the rule? Who came up with it? The six man bench? This is some blood sky? How do we? How do we get rid of both? Disrupted rule? The six men bench? Not happy blood sky.
Speaker 4: Disruptors just the punish of a rule. I agree, quite obvious for the players not making a player for the ball penalty like it's not that hard but one hand, two hand, Gibb, I don't really know just if you're not playing for the ball. And then six man bench, I don't know that's going anywhere.
Speaker 2: What about this one? Okay? Vers is from D. The constant criticism Madge by you in the media, Oh by you, but apparently me and the media to target an attack, Well.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, no, D, it's not a target.
Speaker 2: It's based on results. One of thirteen. Lare staying the road at home? D chill out?
Speaker 1: Didn't we weren't criticizing Madge last year match first coach to win cus.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's another one from ah ah a Handbone seventy three. I'm going to clean it up because the language is a bit colorful, bit fruity. Yeah. Ready, what the hell are Paramatta doing in the recruiting space?
Speaker 1: A good question.
Speaker 2: We recruit no one and play overs for mediocre? What's the plan? I'm going to bridge it because there's a bit more.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Jaden a good player.
Speaker 2: What's going on there?
Speaker 1: They need they need to sort out what they're doing in the in the forward pack. They got outside back problems, and I haven't seen any glimmer of hope that anything's going to change.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you one more. This is some wes ogie. Hey, Brent Reid, just got a question for you here, mate, Why are you such a winker?
Speaker 1: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: It's a fair question.
Speaker 4: Polarize people a little bit. You are a good fellow, though I think I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Great debate that can we say?
Speaker 2: It's a little bit harsh, jem. I can read some more abusive ones. If you're like, okay, one more.
Speaker 1: It's good to see you've gone to the gutter of social media and this is.
Speaker 2: Some beach road. Beach road f off you maggot, I'm not sure. That's oh cool.
Speaker 1: This is the platform for the fans to vent event.
Speaker 2: You thanks for your contribution. That's great.
Speaker 1: That's enough.
Speaker 2: You don't want anymore. I'll give you the other one without this one. Okay, this is from Anastasios Zeno five. I call bs that you are a sports journalist. That's clever. That's very clever, Very good. Keep them coming, maybe not as many abusive ones.
Speaker 1: Cod sports dot com dot a. You go and leave your message for readie telling anything you want