Speaker 1: Quick get in the morning every day, Adelaides. Look at you choosing this podcast. You've made the right decision. To you that much.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've made some prittish city decisions over the day, but now here you are and you've made a correct one.
Speaker 1: This is a really cleansing moment for you. Probably not so much if you made outrageous bets via the super Bowl. The market for Taylor Swift related bets that you can make is simply outrageous.
Speaker 2: Oh and as you're saying this, I'm watching on YouTube a couple of hippopotamus choosing between the two teams Kansas City and San Francisco hippopotamus.
Speaker 1: As I tell you, hippos always know, is there always.
Speaker 3: Is there a market on that?
Speaker 1: Yes, there is a market. You can bet which hippopotamus likes Taylor Swift more, can you? Yes? Two super Bowl is on today between the Kansas City Chiefs and San fran forty nine. Is I don't know, am I misreading this, Joe, But I just get a feeling it's probably more so going to be about someone else. Do you reckon Tatler Swift's going to play a solid part in this.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know the logistics, like can she get to Japan, go to the super Bowl in Vegas, and then get to Melbourne in time for her first concert which is this week?
Speaker 1: So I don't know she can do it all, and maybe she can have it all.
Speaker 2: I hope she's all right back in economy, though she might get a bit jet lag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her private jet will take care of her quite nice. So you would think, what about as well? The betting market that comes with the super Bowl as it is is just completely crazy. But now that this phenomenon and that is Travis Kelsey and Taylor Swift is in the mix, it's just a whole new world. Yes, some of the things that you can bet on for this super Bowl and I don't bet at all, so I don't really get it. Yeah, but the ridiculous things that you have the option of putting your money on are quite mind blowing. For example, will Travis Kelsey proposed to Taylor Swift, Yes, seven dollars, No, a dollar ten? Travis key Elsey's MVP speech if he wins the Super Bowl MVP, will he thank Taylor Swift first in his speech? That's paying fifteen dollars? You feel like that's not a very good bet.
Speaker 3: What are the chances of him winning the MVP?
Speaker 1: He'd be up there obviously the quarterbacks. We read hot favorites, and then it probably goes some wide receivers in the tight ends.
Speaker 3: But blah blah blah on board.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I didn't know what I'm talking about. I'm genuinely making all this up as well. Travis Kelce anytime score and shake it off to be said by the commentators during the game to seventy five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ain't winning much money for that.
Speaker 1: They're definitely practicing some of those calls right now. Yeah, Travis Kelsey. Catchers are like, oh, it's a cruel summer if you're in a different and they're like, ah, it doesn't even make sense. Get their reference in a number of times. Taylor Swift shown during Super Bowl in the game over seven and a half times a dollar fifty seven under two twenty five. Yeah, that's a safe.
Speaker 3: Bet, you'd think, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Over seven and a half times, And I don't know what the half comes into it, what that actually means. First person shown next to Taylor Swift after the Super Bowl kickoff is your options.
Speaker 3: Brittany Mahomes Yeah, that's the other wag, isn't it yep?
Speaker 1: Partner of course with Pat Mahomes dollar forty two, Dona Kelsey assuming he's the mum dollar fifty seven. Blake Lively, Oh, two dollars sixty two because they're tight, real tight. Yeah right, Jason Kelsey, brother of three dollars seventy five Krly Kelsey, which is Jason's wife, six dollars. There you go. Where's your money gun?
Speaker 3: Oh, firmly in my pocket, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: And guess what I like as well? I guess what's paying a dollar row two Jody ODDI and I suppose majority of the rest of Australians at key critical moments of the game going wait, wait, what's going on? What does that mean? What's going on here?
Speaker 3: Well, I won't say in person. I'll call you.
Speaker 1: That's fine, And do you know what, I'll be one hundred percent honest with you. I don't really know either. I'll just go goat Cheeves, Go Jeeves.
Speaker 2: He is where you're waking up to Adelaide today your posts, Well, this is where we deliver the top three news stories of The Daylight's go to abbey in the news room first and foremost abs what's going on?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 4: So we had b Link one eighty two in town over the weekend.
Speaker 3: This was so exciting.
Speaker 4: My newsfeed was just going off of all the people that were heading there last night. So who had rise against the machine? And also sorry, rise against yes.
Speaker 1: Machine?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, rise against So we had Blink one eighty two. Travis Barker was seen at Starsy and Co. Having a nice vegan mill there before the show, so that was cool.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, where's Starsy and Co? I have no idea, didn't check that far.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure either.
Speaker 4: East Suburbs, no Western all right? Anyway, anyway, Banfield Street there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he was spotted there.
Speaker 4: So we had thousands headlong and head to the Adelaide Entertainment Center. I a friend there, Sam, and she was rocking her little heart out last night. Sent me a few voice notes. Couldn't use a few of them because there are a few swear words in there. But she had a lot of fun by the sounds of it.
Speaker 2: I wish I'd have known it was on earlier, could have arranged for us to go. We could have gone together as a team. I could have rocked out next time.
Speaker 1: I mean, what was twenty thirteen last time they were he.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It's been more than a decade since the to it.
Speaker 2: So so lock in twenty thirty four. We're going to blink one O two awesome.
Speaker 1: Twenty thirty five, actually eleven years in between drinks. Great, guys, Great, they'll be old and gray. Still rocking out though. All right, Jodes, I tell us exactly what's happening at the ice arena, because boy, oh boy, Susy, it's seen better dates.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: So this is how it all unfolded. There was a women's game on Saturday night. Obviously, a few of the players complained of feeling unwell after the game, and so the team manager was like, right, let's just take you to hospital.
Speaker 3: We'll get you checked out. While they were there, the team manager also felt ill.
Speaker 2: So thirty eight people in all have been spread across the RAH and also the Mount Barker Hospital. They've all been pretty much discharged since then. Carbon monoxide poisonings. Now they're blaming the zamboni, which is the machine that they used to clean the ice.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was the zamboni.
Speaker 2: I think the problem was much more serious from that than that, and it might have come from upstairs.
Speaker 1: Oh upstairs, the big fella upstairs, big fella upstairs.
Speaker 3: Either way, that place.
Speaker 2: If that's not the full stop on the ice arena, then I don't know what is What next?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, what next?
Speaker 1: They go? Here go guys, Sorry, just to bury the hatchet. We've made you some food bang food poison.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just like the whole thing is just ludicrous.
Speaker 2: And they've been asking the Statement government for a new stadium forever. Anyway, we'll talk about this a little bit later in the show. But I swear to god, every time I used to go and watch my husband play ice hockey, there you drive into the car park underneath, and I would just think, this thing's going to collapse any second, Like have you ever been into that car?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, Oh my god. So anyway, we just need to scrap it and start again. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, well watch this space and like you said, we'll talk about it a little bit later on, because it's an iconic part of Adelaide.
Speaker 3: It really is. It really is.
Speaker 2: They used to have, you know, the ski slope and like it used to be a really big part of a lot of people's childhood. But it's not a functioning building anymore.
Speaker 1: Well more on this to CONTs. Just to wrap it up. Of course, it is a super Bowl fifty eight. I said Super Bowl fifty eight because they always put the actual Roman numerals on. You can't work out what's going on.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, did you learn Roman numerals at primary school?
Speaker 3: High school?
Speaker 1: Eleven?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 1: Cricket, that's it. It's the xnent one so X is obviously ten and I knew as well? Is it ten? What's what's five? Is it v V? Yeah? V? I knew that and eight as well as in first eight yes, three weeks. Yeah, yeah, well choose you're smart. Oh my gosh. Anyway, let's just move on from that. San Francisco v. Kansas City. What about this? So I reckon they're going to break the all time viewership record in America. It was set back in twenty fifteen Pats v. Sattle one hundred and fourteen point eight million. They're definitely going to break that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: With Taylor swift Mania gripping the Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl, Yeah, absolutely, it's going to be huge today.
Speaker 2: What time is the actual game on just so I know, so I can tune in for the halftime games.
Speaker 1: That's about ten, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Australian time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so the halftime will probably be about midday round about.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The long it goes for a long time. He just quickly as well. Westerndies the Australia Last Night Australia one. Glenn Maxwell's unbelievable big shot out to the best looking bloken cricket and that's Spencer Johnson two for thirty nine. As you return to the Australian lineup.
Speaker 3: Did you interview Spencer Johnson on Friday?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is this close to run on my fingers. Well, the camera's about rolling.
Speaker 3: About crack it takes you afterwards. Spencer Johnson's hair is on poison.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't think it's ever been. I don't think he even does anything. It just does its own thing and what it does is perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is like the flow is incredible. Did you okay, all right, let's drill down here. Did you actually mention his.
Speaker 3: Hair to him?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, no you didn't. You kept it professional.
Speaker 1: I kept a professional of course.
Speaker 3: Did you ask him for a few hair tips?
Speaker 1: Because you would have looked at mine. I mean like, sorry, mate, it's past.
Speaker 3: That ship is sales.
Speaker 1: We can't say that disgusting wispy mop of yours.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not disgusting anyway. But it's no Spencer Johnson.
Speaker 1: There's certainly no Spencer Johnson mop. That's for sure enough, my disgusting hair. Hey, how much do you scroll your phone? And is it an issue?
Speaker 2: Will quite a bit like do you know how it pops up on your screen? You've had this many scrolling hours a week and you go, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's alarming, isn't it. I've set that to Instagram to tell me after I've been on for at least an hour a day. Yeah right, I tell you what. Most days it pops up in the am.
Speaker 3: And yet you never no, it's not a worker. You're a horrible, dirty, purvy lourker.
Speaker 1: I look at everyone's stories, but I'll never post one for me.
Speaker 3: Oh, your gross little internet fiend.
Speaker 1: How very exposed I am. You might like to live in this little place in France with a population of fewer than two thousand people. A small French village, Saint Port, south of Paris, has voted on a groundbreaking decision so last week and Joe's the Residence improved a measure that's going to restrict smartphone use in public spaces. The initiative, spearheaded by Mayor Vincenti, aims at a curb excessive screen time and promote a more meaningful human interactions, meaning if you get done aimlessly scrolling your phone, you could genuinely get in trouble with the law.
Speaker 3: Great, I love this.
Speaker 1: Oh you're all for this.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. There are two places that people shouldn't scroll.
Speaker 2: One is it an airport, Oh my god, everyone's busy, We're trying to get places and people just wander through aimlessly scrolling on their fights.
Speaker 1: Move They're probably looking at their flight details.
Speaker 2: No, they're not look up on the board. If you're doing that, they're just scrolling the Internet.
Speaker 1: They're probably getting the latest on Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey. What's going on there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then the other one is in the middle of the street.
Speaker 2: I swear to god, I picked my kid up from dance on Melbourne Street the other day and there's this woman who's just like, wasn't he walking hazy? Just stopped in the middle of the footpath. There's hundreds of parents collecting their kids just stood there.
Speaker 1: That's annoying. Yeah, she's like, what's going on with Taylor Swift?
Speaker 3: And she didn't move, So I just pushed her into the gutter.
Speaker 1: He did. Yeah, you go the other way. It's super aggressive the other way. But what about it to look at it from a different direction? Looking at your phone sometimes, and for me a lot of time, saves a lot of social awkwardness. Yeah, right, Like, particularly if you're a crowded cafe and maybe you know someone in the corner. Yes, and to pretend you're quite busy on your phone.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the opposite to this is I'm scared that less phone time would create more opportunity to go face to face with strangers. And we don't know how to interact with strangers anymore. So I don't want to be looking at a stranger and in return I get a what the fuck are you looking?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Is that what we want in this small, little French village? Less screen time? More of this? Did you want? You're doing fines? Please? Now that's a job. That was a joke. That's a job, job, a terrible job. It's a redemption to it. Yeah, because the feedback from last week was raw, honest, brutal and really confronting.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: I mean the common thing wasd be better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, better.
Speaker 3: So I've poked the bear.
Speaker 2: With me because now I'm just going to go to one hundred and it's still a really dirty one.
Speaker 1: And the news read Abby, who was just the absolute virtue, So in this space is going to accept not feedback like that. So I cried.
Speaker 4: I cried all last week. I got home and just bulled my eyes out.
Speaker 1: And that was before the joke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and my parents sat me down and said, Abby, for God's sake, to be better.
Speaker 3: People of Adelaide have spoken, Yeah we need you, Yeah, we need you in this space weeks.
Speaker 1: Alright, alright, ladies, it's on asks to be better this time around. Do you want me to kick things off?
Speaker 6: You go on?
Speaker 1: Then here we go, Here we go. Hey, what did the elephant say to the naked man?
Speaker 3: What did he say?
Speaker 1: It's cute? But can it pick up peanuts? I have no idea what it means. I have no idea what that joke?
Speaker 3: It's oh, I'm next, that's all right, Okay.
Speaker 4: A mom and her son were sitting in the living room and the son says to the mum, Hey, mum, I know like I'm a boy, but did you want a girl or a boy? And she replies, honey, I just wanted a backgrub.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 1: Who else has been in that space? Put your hand up? My hands not up? The only mom with the kids? Four time?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay you ready?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: So hazy and abby. Three women are sitting on a park bench. So a man in a trench coat comes up and he flushes them.
Speaker 3: Can you believe that?
Speaker 1: That's crazy? Crazy?
Speaker 2: The first woman had a stroke, killed over, the second woman had a stroke, and the third woman couldn't quite.
Speaker 1: Reach you understand, So what's happening here? What do you made? This stroke? Is this particular type of stroke?
Speaker 3: Contagious's body goes back?
Speaker 1: You've won this week?
Speaker 3: That was a good one.
Speaker 2: I've been cooped up all morning in the house. I just needed to get that out.
Speaker 1: And apparently that's an original you wrote that.
Speaker 3: Just seeing shots of Travis Kelsey arriving at the super Bowl. It's an interesting kit that he's wearing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: He really goes for it, doesn't he? Well spark this sort of Michael Jackson esque.
Speaker 2: Jacket you know more than me, But all the all the players in the States who are superstars really get into like dressing up to arrive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not just the NFL players as well, the NBA players think Russell Westbrook and some of those guys are really west Mount rageous kids. Kyle Kuzmi, if you know what I'm talking about. Yeah, thirty twenty four to ten. What did you get into because of your partner? How many people do you think are watching the NFL today purely because their partners into Tyler Swift?
Speaker 2: And you wonder how much Taitu was into the NFL before she started dating one of the players.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, you'd love to just sit her down and just test her knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely, it happens though, like I can't say I had a vested interest in ice hockey before I met my.
Speaker 1: Own Sorry, I don't believe you. Are you telling me that you didn't have a passion for Australian ice hockey before you met your husband?
Speaker 3: Isn't that strange?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 2: But here we are, and now I'll find myself sitting down watching the NHL even when my husband's not home.
Speaker 1: It's funny because thanks to my wife, car I very much got into ice. And when I say ice, of course, I mean frozen water. Their family business, of course was Adelaide ice, now Arctic ice.
Speaker 3: You're looking around the room, and everyone was horrified.
Speaker 1: I can't lie and that that was a family business. So for a few summers as well, I would help out and I would deliver ice in some of the vans.
Speaker 3: And there you go, didn't you crash a vent?
Speaker 1: I did crash a van on the first day. First day, good stuff. The other thing that I got into because of my partner car was little dogs. So I was born and raised on the farm where it was purely either border collie or kelpies. Yes, and I had this sort of I don't know. I'd always look at little white fluffy dogs and be like, do you know what they're not for me? Little white fluffy ones.
Speaker 2: I have to say that I don't know a lot of men that are into little fluffy dogs that yup a lot.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: And also in your case with Indiana, she used to pee everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was a world champion of wing untiles.
Speaker 3: But well, to be fair, she was in continent.
Speaker 1: She was at the end she had a bit of a back issue. But I have never loved an animal more. She was a Maltese pool. Unfortunately she passed away not too long ago. She was fifteen, so she had a very very good innings. But because of that, I've never loved an animal. And now when I see a little white, fluffy thing, I we the first to jump on all fours and give you a nice, big pat.
Speaker 2: There are rumors that you were spotted a lot walking around the streets of West Croydon with your.
Speaker 3: Little absolutely and extremely proud of it because you're a man's man and I don't know if that's a man's man dog, but yet there you were. That's wrong, toddling along having to stop every eight steps.
Speaker 1: Indiana, could we an absolute enthusiast now for small white dogs.
Speaker 2: Let's do this this morning, thirteen twenty fourteen. What did you get into because of your partner? What did you have absolutely no interest in before and now you are obsessed?
Speaker 1: So can we just confirm something you are interested in Australian ice hockey now or you're still not.
Speaker 2: That's much the Australian scene since he retired, however, and now we have no ice arena to speak of, really, because that's been a disaster.
Speaker 3: On the weekend. However, I still like the NHL, like the big stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Stew. What'd you get into because your partner?
Speaker 5: Well, hey you guys, how are you? I am an avid American sports fan and I follow all teams from Philadelphia religiously, not because of my current partner, but because of my ex wife, who I'm now divorced from that I couldn't divorce myself from the team.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Strong connection.
Speaker 3: We're talking the Flyers in the ice hockey But what are we talking?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Flyers probably first, seventy six's and Phillies equal second third if you like. And the Eagles first, who who had a great season until they dipped off about two thirds of the way through.
Speaker 1: Yes, right on.
Speaker 3: You're on sen with Hazy and Kane this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hang on, hang on second, and just on that, Joe, is this my old mates to from.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is Legend, your buddy Alegend.
Speaker 1: He feels like a bit of an alfare chap. But congratulations, But you got married last week and I saw it on Instagram.
Speaker 5: I did. Yes, thank you very much to KP who I know you love dearly. She is a Yeah, she is just the most awesome person in the world, and I'm very, very, very lucky to be married to her. And I'm listening to this station now because of my my daughter. I very much lost the battle for the for the dial in the Morning, Huge Taylor, Swift, Dan, and we've been trying religiously to win tickets, so those and everything else that I have in my extremity's crossed so that we've got any chance of getting those tickets.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I wanted you.
Speaker 2: I know you.
Speaker 1: I know you well enough to know that you're a slaveh for fresheats and throwbacks.
Speaker 2: Judge, I thought you were going to say I listened to No Over Now because I love Hazy so much that I followed him across from Sin.
Speaker 3: But that's not the case apparently.
Speaker 5: Well listen, if there's a this is a win of losing the dial, it's hearing the dulcet tones of and in the morning on your vision.
Speaker 1: Thank you to You're beautiful man. Give my best to your lovely wife. Kpe.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, what a reunion that was.
Speaker 1: Is that nice? It's all about.
Speaker 3: Vanessa. Hey, Vanessa, what did you take an interest in because of your partner?
Speaker 6: Good Morning Team?
Speaker 3: How are you great?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: So there's a few things, but my number one on the list would be fishing. Look fishing, I always looked at it. What a boring thing? Yeah, like I just think it's such a waste of time. Yeah, and I used to get mad at like just it was just something that you think. You're at me, like you're on a boat, say hours doing nothing fish. Yeah, and now look at me on the weekends. I'm eating too on the boat for twelve hours past the day with heat stroke. I like love it, absolutely love it with our partner for four years. But that's probably my tolp of top on the list for sure.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: What do you go fishing for? What are you looking at? What are you looking for?
Speaker 6: In terms of anything? Well, we went over to Stansbury on the weekend and we caught whiting. We've caught a couple of schoolies. Yeah, just anything, really squid as well. We we were unlucky over the weekend, but just anything. It's good to be out on the boat and just be.
Speaker 1: On the water. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Vanessa so done, just going to be converted.
Speaker 3: Vanessa bates her own hawk. I can't do that. Yuck.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I just can't seem as I've getting into fish.
Speaker 3: That's really corl, Alsa, what'd you get into because of your partner?
Speaker 1: How are you going home and away? Of course you dude, I mean you're only human, right, right?
Speaker 3: So you're assuming your husband is it was in the home and.
Speaker 4: Away or.
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: And he always had to be home by seven?
Speaker 1: Home and away? Wow? Was he back by seven? That's amazing? So favorite character is there from Home and Away? Honestly? I like Cash Cash?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, reason, Yeah, he's pretty cute. Is Cash the one in the middle of a love triangle at the moment? Or have I got him confused with someone else?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, he's not with Eden right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry, Alsa, But all you think about his breaks, it still breaks for me. No, Braks left the bay a long time ago.
Speaker 6: I did.
Speaker 1: There's always sport back in the bay, all right, bloodstain. I've got that tattooed firmly across my shoulders.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Melissa, Well thanks to all the callers this morning. They are most definitely in the running for that three hundred and fifty dollars blue Lagoon.
Speaker 3: Float and spar A voucher. And I know you're leaning towards you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you are enough of that.
Speaker 3: We're going back in time on this Daisy.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, sensual, wholesome, sexy Monday.
Speaker 3: Welcome Monday, Sexy Monday.
Speaker 1: We always sing that Fin Saints. Yeah, oh Jos love that. Let's take a little trip show. We let's go back to twenty twelve. On this day, that is the twelfth of February, Goatier or gotcha or Gary made the number one spot on the UK charts with somebody that I used to know featuring Kimbra. What an absolute huge song that walk.
Speaker 3: Can you remember the film Plit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Remember the painting in the background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's our very own Emma Hack right here from Adelaide Artists.
Speaker 1: Really she did that. Well that's a fun fact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she body paints too.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, how do you know that you?
Speaker 2: Oh gosh, I've been body painted by Emma?
Speaker 1: Really? Sure have? Okay, that's sort of half blue design thing that was going on with Kimber.
Speaker 2: And go to he No, I lost a bet and I had to be body painted in the Port Adelaide Football Club.
Speaker 3: Jersey did you true story?
Speaker 1: How did that go down?
Speaker 3: Pretty good? But felt nice?
Speaker 1: This turns to a game in full body pa just waiting for some of the notice what to go on?
Speaker 3: I just went up to Zach butter as I said, you won't be required.
Speaker 1: Twenty six am Marvels superhero film Deadpool starring Ryan Reynolds is released. What a gift from the heavens that man is?
Speaker 3: I love Ryan?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Anyway, I got places to be beast effects and oh bad guys to kill. Twenty twenty three Round I performs halftime at super Bowl in her first live performance in six years. And didn't she cop it online?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: For goodness sake, the woman got up fair pregnant.
Speaker 2: She should have been home dipping French fries into her ice cream and eating gurkins after that and relaxing. Instead, she's dominating on the world stage and all the keyboard worriers and and then shut up.
Speaker 1: All I got from that is shout out to those who dip their fries to their ice cream. Sickos. Number one song on Feb twelve, two thousand and three, I'm with You by Avril Levigne. I'm not sure if she was still with the Chad Maybe not, but still.
Speaker 2: You've got some strong feelings on Averil, and let's reserve them for.
Speaker 3: Affair, shall we?
Speaker 1: I like beds around your feet? Still, can we speak about the struggling ice arena sun in all sorts it is?
Speaker 2: I mean, you talk about the heat. Something that is not hot at the moment is the ice arena. Goodness, I don't even know where to start with this building, for goodness sake, So if you're not across it.
Speaker 3: This is what happening.
Speaker 2: Happened on the weekend that a women's ice hockey match between the Adelaide Right Rush and Melbourne Ice.
Speaker 1: Who won.
Speaker 3: We did the Adelaide Rush.
Speaker 1: I say, we great.
Speaker 2: However, what happened after the game is some of the players complained of feeling ill, and so the team trainer said, I will take you to hospital and get you checked out.
Speaker 3: And then while they were there, the team trainer felt ill.
Speaker 2: So they started running all these tests and went carbon monoxide poisoning from somewhere within the ice arena. Now they're blaming the zamboni, which is the that's like that little vehicle that smooths out the ice.
Speaker 1: It's always the Zamboni's faults.
Speaker 2: However, my understanding of the situation is it's something a bit more than that. So the zamboni isn't powerful enough. The canisters in there aren't powerful enough to poison forty two people.
Speaker 1: Right, So do you know what else it could be to speculate.
Speaker 3: Something within Yes, obviously something within the building.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So it's a dire situation for the ice Arena and you just wonder can it come back from this because it shut its door was not so long ago because of financial issues. And my whole thing with the ice Arena is the ice sports community in this state has been begging and pleading for a new facility for the better part of a decade, like we.
Speaker 3: Need to build, and what has to happen now?
Speaker 2: Forty two people have been poisoned in that building, Like, for goodness sake, when when do we finally go, Okay, let's bulldoze this thing and start fifty.
Speaker 3: Bulldo this thing and start again. Everyone's okay.
Speaker 2: Everyone has been discharged from hospital, so on that front, there's no long term effects.
Speaker 3: But what now for the ice Arena? And it's a shame because like all the kids that play ice.
Speaker 2: Sports, everyone who loves going there on the weekend and taking their kids for a little skate around the ice, Like what's going to become of the situation if we don't build a new facility.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, it's in prime real start as well. It was really unbelievable spot, and.
Speaker 3: I was saying to you as well a little earlier this morning.
Speaker 2: I've watched a lot of games there because my husband played and played ice hockey there, and I would drive into that car park and think, this bloody building is about to collapse on my head. It's just it's not safe, it's not fit for purpose, and we need.
Speaker 3: A new one.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you just wonder if you've just got to let it go and bite the bullet. Yes, I liken it to my hair, and I mean trying to push through this whole long hair thing at what stage much like the ice arena? Am I just going to get the clippers.
Speaker 3: Out and then people can ski off your forehead.
Speaker 1: Finally,