Speaker 1: We've got get you the morning every day Adelaides.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, welcome to the podcast. Apologies from us from Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 3: We decided to take a holiday and we've headed off to Bakina, farso.
Speaker 1: Absolutely gorgeous part of the world.
Speaker 4: We've gone straight to the capital city as well, oog which I mean, is there enough hours in the day to take in all the sights?
Speaker 5: Probably not?
Speaker 3: Because what I said to you do you want to go on holidays and you're like, let's do it together.
Speaker 4: It was funny that we both we said, let's go to the capital city of a particular country.
Speaker 5: What should we do, but let's do it at the same time.
Speaker 1: It's three two one Ugogo.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: It was just like it was like the universe brought us together and set off.
Speaker 2: You go, so here we are have the best time in Central Africa.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In the meantime, man, just listen to the podcast and have a bit of fun with this particular version of what the Fork, the Supermarket edition.
Speaker 5: A lot of snouting, it's happened at much.
Speaker 3: So much goes on in the supermarket and there's so many little nuances too that you don't think about that they're happening to you every single time.
Speaker 1: Quite let the fork, Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to what the fork.
Speaker 3: This was born out of the fact that there are no forks in any kitchen in any workplace in South Australia ever ever.
Speaker 2: Mainly because Abby from the newsroom has stolen them all.
Speaker 4: Yep, that's a South Australian branch. Yeah, I'm not sure if you ventured into other states, have you?
Speaker 3: Have you?
Speaker 2: Well, I lived in Queensland for four and a half years.
Speaker 6: Do you think they had any forks up there?
Speaker 5: Fork shortage as well?
Speaker 2: AnyWho? This can translate and reach out.
Speaker 3: To all facets of our life where you look at a situation you go, what the fork?
Speaker 2: What is that about? Let's do the supermarket edition.
Speaker 3: Oh I could start on the fact that I saw veggie mite baked beans last night in the supermarket.
Speaker 2: Veggie like baked beans. Yeah, I'm not sure that I like the hamd ones the ham baked beans. They're good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I like that as a flavor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't mind that it's it's a couple of savory items on a formative of a combination. I just get to upset when it's a sweet and saving like, oh, let's have a bit of a duo.
Speaker 5: It's like, no, it's not going to work off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the sweet popcorn. I don't get that. Yeah, popcorns not supposed to be sweet.
Speaker 5: Oh, caramel popcorn is quite delicious.
Speaker 3: Oh is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: Will you do you boot? Yeah? And then caramel and then salts came together and it's like, what's going on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, salt caramel's quite not any who we digress.
Speaker 3: My real beef with the supermarkets is they put in the self serve checkouts to save money. Right on staff, we don't have to pay wages. That's fine, So they're essentially getting customers to do the work by going through a self checkout, so much like my local supermarket.
Speaker 2: Now there's been times where there's been.
Speaker 3: Not one person on a checkout, so you're forced to go through the self checkout, which is fine, don't mind it.
Speaker 2: Liked playing shops as a kid or good.
Speaker 3: However, when the bleeping thing doesn't work and every second item you hear this.
Speaker 2: Unexpected item in bagging.
Speaker 1: Area as frustrating, isn't it?
Speaker 2: But for no apparent reason?
Speaker 3: Also like and then it's got oh please, seek assistance. And then half the time they're just wandering around like we're doing.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: The guys that are working there, because all they hear all day is just constant.
Speaker 1: Bang bang bang, so they're like half dead zombies.
Speaker 5: Like I'm on the edge.
Speaker 1: I'm on the edge, So I don't even bother them.
Speaker 2: What do you mean early in.
Speaker 4: Their transactions, I'll pick up my stuff and go to the next one. What do you mean, I pick up my stuff and then go on to the next.
Speaker 3: Oh, if that assistance needed thing comes up, you can't do that, then you just in bagging area.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, Well I'll take my business elsewhere to the next checkout. Meanwhile, the original one is like wigging out going.
Speaker 5: It's it's almost blowing.
Speaker 3: You've left that mess for someone else to contend with then, so you've essentially like a bomb's gone off and you've gone, well, that's not my problem anymore, and you've gone to the next checkout.
Speaker 4: Move on, You've got to move on with these things.
Speaker 3: Lifewhere onder the next fire starting fires?
Speaker 2: Not even realized his start a fire then, and then just moved on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, classic thirteen twenty four to ten plays Get involved also text below nine one nine thoughts on this what the fork in the supermarket?
Speaker 2: What don't you understand.
Speaker 4: Things that really take you over the edge? What about you and newser You got the examples for us?
Speaker 6: My bugbear is people who pick up meat or anything cold or frozen and they're walking around Obviously they've gone I don't want to get it, or it's too expensive or whatever, and they leave it on a shelf that's not a frozen or.
Speaker 2: A cool shelf.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you've got like meat sitting in where the biscuits are or frozen, a bag of frozen chips, and they don't want anymore, so they chuck it on the shelf with the coke.
Speaker 3: That's is that essentially stealing because you've ruined that article?
Speaker 6: Well, that's my bugbear is that we have so much food wastage, so it'd be a Debbie down over. We have so much food wastage in the world, which causes, like is one of the biggest contributors to emissions. And you know they're not gonna be able to put that food back in the freezer.
Speaker 2: They're going to have to chuck it. What about those poor people?
Speaker 3: Though? That said, I'll just have four hundred grams of turkey, and then it was like twelve dollars and they're like, oh, I got afford.
Speaker 2: That happened to me the other day.
Speaker 6: And I got to the checkout and I was like, I don't need this anymore, so what need to do with it? I gave it to the lady at the checkout and she went and put it back to the deeli.
Speaker 3: But then who's going to go to the deli and go I could have that lady's left over turkey?
Speaker 2: Thanks, well, no one's touched it or used to chuck it back in there.
Speaker 5: Take it to the self served?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Did I.
Speaker 5: Fourteen?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: You big bug bears at a super much?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to Rick High Rick. What the fork?
Speaker 1: I hate it when they put their chocolate on special, but they take the snack off and hide it out the back. Oh yes, what do you mean?
Speaker 5: They take the snack off the snacktop.
Speaker 9: Any chocolate that's a good sella they hide it.
Speaker 1: They don't put it on specially.
Speaker 10: They take the snack and the peppermint and they keep it out of the back.
Speaker 1: To the sales bin.
Speaker 10: Are you one day? What where's the snack?
Speaker 5: Chocolate?
Speaker 10: And she goes through your arts probably sold out already, I said, but I just thought you just put the stickers on.
Speaker 5: What you say to that? She had no answer. Time to go to the front desk.
Speaker 10: Take that up, and you go to the front desk and she's too busy serving someone thirty bags of shopping in.
Speaker 1: The twelve th BA throw a widen section.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And all I could say to you was unexpected item in bagging area.
Speaker 10: And another thing is when you go there check out, you.
Speaker 1: Get your bag, you stand it, you put.
Speaker 9: It down, and says, are you using your own bag.
Speaker 2: So you can pay for it?
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous. It just went through fifteen cents unexpected.
Speaker 2: You're like, I paid the fifteen cents.
Speaker 5: Shut up, Oh my god.
Speaker 10: And then there's too busy running around and the rolling states going.
Speaker 1: Ale boid everyone.
Speaker 9: You're gonna wait half an hour from the come and take the bag off, Rick.
Speaker 1: It feels like you've been building up for this moment I have.
Speaker 10: I think the shopping market should be paying us awake.
Speaker 2: Totally get on the payroll, casual stuff.
Speaker 3: Good on you, Rick. Well he's triggered, Oh boy, okay, Steph, what.
Speaker 2: You got for us? What the fork in the supermarket.
Speaker 9: Oh so my local Coals have just gone and rearranged the whole store. And I've been going there for five years, and I'm like, where the hell is everything?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. That's the thing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: So I go to Coals at welland I know where absolutely everything is in its place. When I go to a different supermarket, yeah, completely lost and being in an idiotic mail that I am. I will refuse to ask people where the things actually are. Yeh, I'll look for an extra twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you, oh god, well we're at at steph.
Speaker 3: Do you know. The other thing is the labels like in the middle of the aisle never really seem to correctly reflect what is exactly in there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, or they don't like have labels for the whole section in the aisle.
Speaker 11: Yes, you're going up and down.
Speaker 9: You're like, where is this?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 3: And don't get me started on where to find the replacement for your soda stream.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: That's like a whole maze in itself, yeah, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Jeez?
Speaker 1: A lot of angry customers out there.
Speaker 3: It is funny though, how you get to know where everything is and then you go to a different supermarket, for example, like this makes no sense to me, and you wander around aimlessly and you nearly start crying.
Speaker 4: And the specific so of trying to look for something like I just need three triple A batteries. Being a bloke, you're looking for the sign, Why doesn't it tell me specifically down this sile where the batteries are.
Speaker 5: Supermarkets like, we like to broaden our horizons just a little bit more than that.
Speaker 4: It's true, if you're heading to the supermarkets today, well, happy shopping.
Speaker 5: You have a really good experience.
Speaker 4: I expect not much gets you angry.
Speaker 5: It's a rarity, but here we are and it's scary.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: So road rage is becoming more and more common, right, and so the Australian Road Safety Foundation is pushing to bring back the thank you wave.
Speaker 1: Yes it's a long time, this is beautiful, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: There because I, as you well know, Andrew Hayes have always said to you there is a special place in hell for those drivers that you let in to the traffic but can't be.
Speaker 2: Bothered to lift their finger and go thanks for that.
Speaker 1: How hard is it?
Speaker 2: How hard is it?
Speaker 5: And what about We've discussed this. There's no in between.
Speaker 4: It's either you wave and you're an absolutely great person, or you don't wave and you're a piece of you know what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And isn't it funny how you can go from nought to one hundred from being a nice person going here you go, slip in front of my car into the traffic.
Speaker 2: Away you go. And then when they don't wave, do I.
Speaker 5: Turn you really?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: And ladies and gentlemen, this lady can turn. Oh boy, as they say, I mean, I'll take it the next step further. If someone lets me and you pull over, what you should do is you pull over, you get out, you shake hands, and you hug and embrace.
Speaker 5: It's a nice big kiss on the forehead.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Have a fantastic day, all the best. Should we spend Christmas together, Let's work it out.
Speaker 3: Should be more of that. But you're a country boy at heart. So you do the old one finger on the steering wheel, don't you?
Speaker 4: Yes, that was And I remember, and I'm not even putting any may on this. I remember as a youngster we must have been driving to Wager soe you drive from it takes about an hour.
Speaker 3: And you're taking the mickey out of me. Bring from camera and Hobart and come on, what's the most famous thing to come out of.
Speaker 5: Wager Wayne Carricter.
Speaker 4: It's not a good claim, is it, Michael Later, Jamie soud you don't even know who that is. And I remember asking mum as a youngster, saying, why are you waving to it? And she just said, I don't know. That's what we do because everyone's friendly. And I remember thinking that even as youngster, AG that's really nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like when you go for a walk with my mum Colleen. She says hello to everyone. She'll go morning to everyone.
Speaker 1: See that is amazing. That is an older generation thing.
Speaker 4: We're very lucky that we get to do interviews with Graham Corns Channel seven. Sometimes we go to his house and he lives in England, elg and we've been at the front and mid question he'll stop.
Speaker 5: Oh how are you get a how are you going?
Speaker 4: And I remember one time we just couldn't get this interview done, Cornsy, do you know everyone?
Speaker 5: I don't know them?
Speaker 2: Oh, you should saying low.
Speaker 5: You're just saying it low.
Speaker 2: But there should be more Graham Corns in the world.
Speaker 5: It'd be nice, it would be really nice.
Speaker 4: So that's the big thing, to bring back the Fingerwase the finger Wave.
Speaker 2: I'm all about it. I'm all about politeness on the road.
Speaker 5: What else would you bring back?
Speaker 3: Because I just I just don't comprehend those people that either A don't let you in or B when you do let them in, they just can't be bothered acknowledging it.
Speaker 5: You're either a hero or you're a zero. Exactly right, you know we're in between.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten. We need to bring back the wave. But what else do you want to bring back?
Speaker 5: I'll start it. Bring back Mafussa December. I'm very disappointed in you. You could have been killed you deliberately. This will beat me. And what's worse, you put Nala d. I get it. It's hard to bring someone back from the dead.
Speaker 2: It is really hard, especially a cartoon lion.
Speaker 1: That's not even real. But just make it happen. How don't ask me?
Speaker 2: Did they do a second one?
Speaker 3: Did they bring them back in the second one?
Speaker 2: Linking too?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, there you go, all right? What should we bring back?
Speaker 4: It's it called thirteen twenty four ten, Jody, you were very much up in a bouts because it's two ways you.
Speaker 5: Can go in terms of your mood and your vibe.
Speaker 4: Well, you wave to Jody and you're her best friend, but you don't wave, and you are an absolute, really really bad enemy.
Speaker 3: I'll call you some words out loud.
Speaker 5: And not nice one.
Speaker 2: Not nice one.
Speaker 5: You think you're capable of such words, but here we are.
Speaker 3: I just got so angry talking about people who don't wave that I threw my pen and I broke it.
Speaker 2: That's how fared up I am.
Speaker 5: There you go, poor pen.
Speaker 3: So apparently the thank you wave is on the decline on our roads, so road rage spiking thank you waves going down.
Speaker 12: It's not good enough.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty clear correlation, though, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: I haven't got your position on this. Are you a waiver?
Speaker 4: I'm a massive waiver, okay, and absolutely like you have to wave out. I'm also if I cut someone off, I'll say sorry. I'll wave and say I'm sorry. If I find myself traveling at fifty k's when it should be doing sixty because.
Speaker 5: I'm just not up to date we've got speed I'm doing, I'll say sorry as well.
Speaker 1: I'll put my hand up and say sorry, yeah, because that's annoying as well.
Speaker 2: That's being accountable for your own behavior.
Speaker 3: If you make a mistake on the roads, there's nothing wrong, there's no shame and sorry sorry, even if the person's beat you. Yeah, just go yep, sorry mate.
Speaker 1: And if it progresses from there, sure get out and do what you have to do.
Speaker 4: You're not encouraging that sort of behavior at all, all right, there's too much of that sort of snowding's going on.
Speaker 1: No, let's Glenneth, lenis good morning going? How are you today?
Speaker 2: Are you a waiver? Glenneth?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 11: Jodie right, everyone should be.
Speaker 12: A waiver spot on.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 13: I don't just make it, Laura.
Speaker 14: If you don't wa get off the road.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right. I don't know how we're going to force you.
Speaker 4: To grant Stevens and say, Paula, how could you possibly force this? But it should be law.
Speaker 3: You will be polite and you'll love it, and if you don't then we will find you.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 4: Another passionate person who really really reacts I think appropriately when they don't get a wave is Lea, good.
Speaker 9: Morning, Lea, good morning.
Speaker 14: How are you guys, how do.
Speaker 1: You handle yourself when someone doesn't wave to you.
Speaker 14: Look, honestly, I will honk them and I will hold that horn until I get away. It just brings out the road race. My Plightner says. It can be a bit aggressive, but I'm a honker if you don't wave, and also like the thank you not you know, if I give you a thank you wave, I want a nod back, not back. Yes, yes, I don't get that nod. I don't give them a honk because they've already let me in. Yeah, if they don't thank you wave me, it's definitely a wholet I love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so appropriate.
Speaker 2: She's got so many rules for herself as well. You will waiver.
Speaker 15: I am a waver.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 15: It was actually quite funny. Literally, you guys are talking about it. Watch An North on about riding. Someone was merging in front of me from crossroads and growing off. I let them in and they gave me the wave, and just because we were talking about it, I'll probably over ectatically waved back to the massive and I was like, I was running there listening to the show.
Speaker 10: So, if you're a drive and I think it's a mass of six white.
Speaker 15: Wagon You're a legend for waving at me.
Speaker 4: See now you're best friends. That's what happened. Connection through the waves.
Speaker 5: Very good stuff.
Speaker 1: Fringing people together, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 4: All right, here's a way for it. Wave back way back there she is produces so a good.
Speaker 1: Morning to you, good morning, take you this morning.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I'm nervous because, like we were just saying, you guys lose your minds in this challenge, and it makes me nervous.
Speaker 5: To come in someone that can't keep their composure.
Speaker 4: Can't you No, you can't, you can, I can you can't.
Speaker 13: Very quickly recap, we're going to give you three and over hits, epic hits that you hear all across and over, but they're done classically ortly. You've got to give me the name and artist. Your name is your buzzer, all right, Hazy, you're playing for Brad today.
Speaker 5: Well done, You've made the right decision. Good morning, great man.
Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: Here is and Anastasia, Well done, good choice, good decision, You've backed the right horse. Yes, I have.
Speaker 1: Approach.
Speaker 12: Let's have song number one? Please?
Speaker 4: Can I just you can't buzz yourself in and then try and work it out.
Speaker 5: That's what I'll say. You need to be strict, so strict with the time.
Speaker 12: You have to follow my rules.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, you don't need to tell you adjudicator how to adjudicate.
Speaker 1: Well that she needs instructions someone I'm already the underdog.
Speaker 2: Down in flames. That is Taylor Swift. Write your name?
Speaker 3: Yeah, why what's.
Speaker 13: Not the right name?
Speaker 2: Why can't you take this?
Speaker 13: Just because I need the name, hazey if you got the song name.
Speaker 5: Forever and we're gonna go down.
Speaker 1: This Tator swift bag space, that's the start.
Speaker 5: We're looking forward.
Speaker 12: Well done, and do you know.
Speaker 1: What it is?
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's a game of patience more than anything, and you've just got to trust your instinct.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: I'm just handing it to him on the planet.
Speaker 4: Exactly what's happening you're handing You're handing it to me on a platform.
Speaker 2: I did. I gave you the artist and practically the song title.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's it? Well, thank you.
Speaker 4: I just try to give the heads up as well. Don't jump in, give the artist and then try and work it out, because if you don't, if you don't get it, you.
Speaker 1: Give me half the hands.
Speaker 2: Don't you let your actually.
Speaker 5: Not do that again?
Speaker 1: I love your tactics. I love your.
Speaker 12: Song too.
Speaker 3: Yes, Jody, Jody Senator, bye Senior. By the girl that I went and saw at the entertainment center, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: It was her?
Speaker 5: And now I have a little free go this.
Speaker 1: I love it's when you call me senor.
Speaker 13: We need artists.
Speaker 1: Name name it is Senorita is it? And it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: She's the main aist, so he doesn't need a features.
Speaker 2: I needed both. Thank you having the newsroom.
Speaker 12: Have you got both.
Speaker 13: Mistakes of it? Because it's One's it? Paisy still and we've only got one song to go.
Speaker 4: It's good I love for the sake of theaters. You're keeping Joy involved appreciated.
Speaker 3: You actually talk less during the songs, like in between? Can you talk less?
Speaker 5: I get spare time to talk because you jump in?
Speaker 8: Okay, alright, song three, let's go, it's definitely hosy.
Speaker 3: I will believe stop it, stop it?
Speaker 2: Okay, Joy?
Speaker 12: Not all right? All right?
Speaker 9: That's it?
Speaker 2: Cheering song name a me and to your loving arms.
Speaker 5: I can't do that. You can't do that.
Speaker 4: You just said Castle on the Hill to by the way, No I didn't you did, Cassle on the hill?
Speaker 1: You just said as well, Hazy if you got an answer, okay. So I'm gonna go and just keep just let me, let me soak up this moment.
Speaker 4: Hey you Brad, you're there?
Speaker 5: Ye Are you ready for this? Sharon thinking out loud.
Speaker 2: Is in a fetal position?
Speaker 1: Oh please, it's done.
Speaker 4: Here you go, Hazy for the wind, one for the good guys.
Speaker 13: One hundred dollars past past about you?
Speaker 7: Okay you?
Speaker 5: Jody is not okay?
Speaker 1: Hey, Anastasia, what did we learn from this?
Speaker 9: Just keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's a lesson at all.
Speaker 2: I'm actually nearly in.
Speaker 5: Friday.
Speaker 1: It's there is Good morning, Ryan Fitzgerald.
Speaker 7: What what a magnificent song to be introduced makes sense? Which I think was your nickname at the Central Districts Footy Crib and so it wasn't amazing.
Speaker 2: Talking to dear Well, I'll tell you what, Fzy.
Speaker 3: That doesn't bode well that little comment for one of Hazy's life goals. I know you must have spoken about it during the week as well. Is the guy that was in the snow and lost his phone and he had his life goals and was to have you know, three on the roster.
Speaker 7: And we spoke to him today him today. His name is Marco. He's from Marrickville. He's sent us the phone and he's jacked like he's actually so he's he's eighty five, he's two kilos off.
Speaker 12: He's want to be eighty.
Speaker 7: Seven kilogram right. Kate Richie asked him and question him about three girls on the roster, and he said, Look, he just said.
Speaker 12: I'm going to be honest with you. I've got a lot of love and I want to want to give that love, and I don't think one girl is enough to give it to.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to ask this question. But he sounded like a right knob with that list.
Speaker 7: Was he Now you know what, Jodi, he was actually a really lovely guy.
Speaker 12: And he and you know what, and.
Speaker 7: He was, you know what, when you think when you transport yourself back to when you were nineteen years Yeah, and he's already got half of the twenty five thousand dollars he wants in his bank account. God, at the age of nineteen, I was working making seats at Mitsubishi.
Speaker 12: There's no one I had no money in the bank at all.
Speaker 2: Well, I bring this up, sorry you guys.
Speaker 4: So I can only imagine that Kate Richie was very very open and very warming with that information about the rotating ross.
Speaker 12: He did feel like he was talking to his mumu.
Speaker 2: FIXI.
Speaker 3: The reason I bring that guy up is because it led us to a conversation about our life goals and can I can I read out Hazy's top three to you?
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: So the first one was to name his son who's coming at the end of this year, and that was either Jason Francis or Horn.
Speaker 1: First name basis.
Speaker 3: The second one was to get drafted as a thirty eight year old rookie into the AFL.
Speaker 12: Is still a chance, Hasey, is still a chance.
Speaker 3: But the third one was to become best friends with FITZI.
Speaker 7: Well, I tell you we have got to the point now in our relationship where there is a handshake and a hug at the start of it.
Speaker 12: I think we're on our way.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 12: It's really busy.
Speaker 4: So just as some as you're comfortable with this fits sometimes my mates. Its first question asked, you're not working over what's Fitzy like? Yeah, And I'll quickly and seamlessly drop in that we might be best matest.
Speaker 7: Fitz, you're a northern, a hazy. That's the tough thing. You're going to have to come down south at some stage. You will need protection. I will get people. I know a few bikies down there that'll look after you right again, but you will if you want to be best mates. You got to hang out down at portlonga beach and a couple of times, and you've got to spend some time with the lads.
Speaker 5: So you mean like a gun or I or something. I was like protection. Yes, isn't this relationship.
Speaker 12: Chomping up your levels?
Speaker 7: If you want to go shopping at Colonnades, you do need a few weapons to take with you.
Speaker 1: Fits your appreciated time. We'll catch up with again next week.
Speaker 12: I love you guys. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Jody, you look fantastic this morning.
Speaker 1: Does this music doing for you?
Speaker 4: Because you're rolled in this morning and you are Helga from Hey Arnold. That's how aggressively pronounced your eyebrows are this morning, and.
Speaker 13: Had I don't know who that is?
Speaker 1: Google Helga from hey Arnold.
Speaker 12: Hey Arnold?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I don't want to know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, While you're doing that, I'll just paint a bit of a picture.
Speaker 4: You're rolled in the spring, You're rolled in this morning thinking no one would notice, and I got to say, I don't make eye contact with you until about two or three minutes in, and then it just hit me.
Speaker 5: You've aggressively had your brows.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So this is how it unfolds each and every time I have my brows done. For the first twenty four hours, actually, I'm going to say for the first forty eight, they're pretty intense, really intense, pretty dark. But the shocking thing about this is I keep going back to this same person and I keep having the same conversation. I've got really fair eyebrows, so please go light brown and only keep the tint on for two minutes max.
Speaker 2: That's all it needs, because if.
Speaker 3: You go five, which you frequently do, lady, then they're going to end up.
Speaker 2: Like this you look like.
Speaker 3: And so then I have to send my husband a text and go, oh, look, my eyebrows are really aggressive again, just not a word to which he's like last night when I walked in the house, he's.
Speaker 2: Like, and then chasing me around with his camera.
Speaker 3: Phone trying to take a photo to send it to the group family chat exactly.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: You can spend thrown of bucks on your hair and we won't notice he gets your brows done like that. I'm telling you this morning as well. I wasn't looking at you for a fair while and then I heard her and I looked at him as your eyebrows screaming at meuse said, whoa, calm down, guys, can we do this beauty disasters No.
Speaker 5: Twenty four to ten and can you be the official ambassador?
Speaker 3: Okay, listen, I thought I gave you permission to be mean about this for about two minutes and now you want to stretch it out. But I think this might be cathartic for me if other people call in and go, oh, you know what, this also happened to me.
Speaker 4: All right, so put it out there and in the meantime, okay calling out, just quickly google Helga from hayarm.
Speaker 5: I don't it's a beautiful picture.
Speaker 3: Also, if you are one of those women who are walking around Adelaide with one of those really pronounced ski jump lips, give the girl please thirteen twenty four to ten, because we're talking to you this.
Speaker 5: Morning yes, beauty disasters, just.
Speaker 2: Ten mili filler in that top lip.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Oh it's Helga and hazy morning morning.
Speaker 1: Just a paint bitch.
Speaker 4: Jody got our brows done yesterday, and gosh, you're aggressive, like really aggressive.
Speaker 5: You're blonde and naturally.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean, I mean the upshot of it all is it makes me look blonder, because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, why can't I don't even know that you have here?
Speaker 4: You might as well have a shaved head, or I can look at your eyebrows because they're screaming.
Speaker 2: You're enjoying this far too.
Speaker 4: Much, absolutely yelling at me. And they're not nice about it either. They're pretty aggressive, being fairly aggressive.
Speaker 2: Think kind of out of Bert and Ernie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's funny you say that? Text are flying through as well? Double nine, my nine, nine my nine and get involved. What does Jodie look like? I don't do that, one, says Carra Delavin's evil twink.
Speaker 3: You're painting a picture like it's a monobrow as well, it's not a monobrow.
Speaker 2: I actually have the mixed.
Speaker 4: Also, who's to say if it's a mono brow or not? Because your lovely husband Greg texta through as well and showed a picture of just alfter you had it done, whereas even more aggressive. And then he said, you look like Fran from Dodgeball. So if you google Fran from Dodgeball.
Speaker 3: Why why are the men in my life bullying me over my eyebrows?
Speaker 5: It's called feedback.
Speaker 2: Twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: If you've got some more feedback about your beauty disasters just to make me feel better, or text line O four double oh nine one nine nine one nine if you have any suggestions as to what I look like.
Speaker 5: It's got a christ if you had a beauty disaster.
Speaker 10: No, it's just exactly the same as journeys. The eyebrows done. You try and plan it so that nothing's happening, no out, no anything. Then the grandson rings says, can I come and sleep over?
Speaker 9: Nana?
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, go pick him up. He's seven. After about ten minutes, when I'm chatting to his mum and all of a sudden he comes over. He says, Nana, why do you have your angry eyebrows? I thought I've done a good job of hiding them with the friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, obviously not.
Speaker 10: And that just summed it up perfectly. And then when I heard you colleagues number aggressive. They really are like angry birds, aren't.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you for making me feel somewhat better this morning.
Speaker 2: Cursed your beauty disasters.
Speaker 11: I thought of a ranger, I could get away with doing a steak tan myself with that cream back in the day, and I put it all over myself and I went so dark brown it was ridiculous. But not only that, I didn't exfoliate fans and missed the memo on that. Yeah, and I had dark brown elbows and dark brown knees, even darker than the rest of me. And I looked like someone had punched me initially in certain places on me, and it was not an attractive look. And I could not get that fake ten off for weeks, not to mention being a ranger. It's not like all of a sudden I could ten, so it was obvious that it was so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got your hot spots on your knees and your elbows, get your pads on, ready to go skating.
Speaker 3: The worst is when your knees and your elbows go that real tender orange.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's when you know, like straight up you're like, this is this is not real.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Steff.
Speaker 2: Hi, guys, Hi, you had a waxing incident.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so I went to get my eyebrows wax and they dropped hot wax over my eyelashes.
Speaker 5: Whoa and what singed them off?
Speaker 9: No? So this was actually on Valentine's Day, you know. So I'm like, final, looks nice. So you go out to dinner, yeah, and they're like, oh, like we'll fix it and like had to like use one hundred and approach remove the wax from my eyelashes. Wow, And yeah, I ended up like having quite a red eye afterwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my goodness.
Speaker 3: This wasn't a beauty sellon in someone's backyard, was it by chance?
Speaker 9: Steph? No, it was like in a shopping center.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also that might have been mistaken.
Speaker 5: Tell me you got it for free at least?
Speaker 9: Yeah. I like told him I wasn't going to pay for it, and I was like no, like I could have ended up with no eyelashes.
Speaker 5: So yeah, completely fair enough.
Speaker 3: I love that Steff's gone in and on it's nice new brows and lost her lashes in the process.
Speaker 5: Cheesez.
Speaker 1: I mean, beauty sometimes can be paid for and can That's quite the journey.
Speaker 3: It hasn't all come naturally to all of us like a dust you and were born with a face like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, these big bushy brown eye but has it quite natural? I have to tend them for five minutes or whatever it is you guys do, well, what have you learned?
Speaker 3: I've learned that it's okay to switch things up and go and try someone help.
Speaker 5: I'll bet you in the next six months health and you get it done.
Speaker 2: Oh it's probably I don't know, once every month and a half.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, I guarantee you next time you come back in here, and you'll be an extended version of red from Angry Birds and gosh, we'll have fun with it.
Speaker 5: A good's feedback. Oh what a.
Speaker 4: Dark day was yesterday for Twitter? I'm dead and buried reformed as X.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the little Birdie's God God, Yeah, a little Pety off, dumb and dumber.
Speaker 1: Little Pety his head fell off. It was pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they like sticky taped it back on.
Speaker 1: Remember we Got No Food.
Speaker 5: One of the great movies.
Speaker 4: I mean, if ever there was a movie that was a theme for this show, probably use dumb and Dumber pull over.
Speaker 2: No, it's a Cardigan, but thanks for noticing.
Speaker 5: Good stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean text three one, I fo double nine, no on nine your favorite dumb and dumber twice fun with that. So now it's X instead of Twitter. I mean I sent an ex out last night to that Willy Rioli. Would you say, just he's had his too much being reduced to one? But it's not quite the same, isn't it. Are you going to X that it's part of the fun. Isn't he going to tweet that.
Speaker 2: It's one of those ones.
Speaker 3: It's like when they changed the name of a stadium, like you know, Amy Stadium was always going to be Amy Stadium. It was never going to be anything else, price Line Stadium. Nah, it's a park, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know Kadinya Park or gm HbA.
Speaker 5: I'll go Cordinya Park.
Speaker 2: Thanks anyway.
Speaker 4: It makes me think, though, when have some of these bosses are really important people, when did they go in a different direction?
Speaker 5: They really should have just stayed.
Speaker 4: In their lane, Like come on, elon, what he did with electric cars and tears and incredible, incredible, it's changing humanity.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then you go or maybe you'll jump into the social media game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stay in your lane, mate, elon, no you roll.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I'll give you my top three examples of people who should have stayed in their lane.
Speaker 5: Please, I go to a sports area first.
Speaker 2: I'm shocking.
Speaker 1: Michael Jordan should have stayed in his lane. No baseball, No, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: It almost tarnishes their legacy a little bit, doesn't it.
Speaker 4: Well, kind of makes you go, well, if he didn't do that, you could always say, I'll bet you he could have played awesome baseball. Yeah, but that the fact that he did it, You're like, no, he couldn't have. I tried, and he wasn't very good at it.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The other one for me as well, of course, is Peter Garrett. You go on from this where he's dancing around like an absolute champion, like a wacky whaling inflatable jew man out in the front of a car dealership to politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stick to the beautiful music. Listen to it. It doesn't work. Didn't work.
Speaker 2: It's a good point that roots and also politics isn't sexy, like what this is like, this is sexy.
Speaker 4: I mean, just do yourself. A favorite Google is right now. You will see the sexiest man on the planet completely bored dancing with so much non rhythm that it's rhythmic. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: I didn't think so.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The top person for me who should have really stayed in their lane was probably Paris Hilton.
Speaker 5: Crazy staying at lane in Paris. I mean, stick to making blue movies.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, how very dim I love this song?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Oh my.
Speaker 4: Gosh, it's hard to know what you're thinking about right now.
Speaker 1: Are you thinking about this song with Paris Hilton?
Speaker 4: Or are you thinking about some of her early work as a movie star of the blue variety?
Speaker 2: And she went on, she did reality TV with who was that girl?
Speaker 5: Kate Richie?
Speaker 4: I wasn't Kate, was Nicole Richie?
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: Little don't do that.
Speaker 5: My mind is so scrammed over the last two.
Speaker 2: Minutes, but I defy you to get that song out of your head.
Speaker 4: Now, Okay, good luck. Let's let's leave you with a little bit more of this. Jos Us men are very special creatures. When Jason horn Francis kicked that first goal of his I jumped up and I looked at the screen and I said, I love you, Jason, I love you.
Speaker 1: Over here, and I was kissing the TV screen work and I was like, what are you doing?
Speaker 5: I was like, shut up, I love Jason.
Speaker 4: Anyway, it coincides with a little study that came out not too long ago, and Francis, yeah, I'm going they linked this all together. But what about this some research at the Dundee Abertay University.
Speaker 5: Of course they do.
Speaker 2: Insational I've always said that about the.
Speaker 5: Dundee Dundee Abbata University.
Speaker 2: Where are they based?
Speaker 4: They call him nicknames, the Crocs, the croc Dundees. They're based overseas. That's as much as we know men, I'm more likely to say I love you first in a relationship. So I just found that men on average general relationship say I love you just over three months, one hundred and eight days.
Speaker 3: Some that surprises me because it would be as a bloke who cannot understand women like you just have no concept.
Speaker 2: But that must be a terrifying thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can profess your love to JHF all day, but when it comes to women like Kara, your wife, tricky.
Speaker 5: Real tricky.
Speaker 4: And I remember as a youngster being out and probably being a little bit of nebrod and being like them.
Speaker 1: Sorry, what was his name? Again, I love you? And then they just run away? Yes, what's going on you?
Speaker 5: I've got so much love to give.
Speaker 4: We've brought in our producers Zoe as well, because Zoe finds itself in a bit of a tricky situation, new relationship with the most gorgeous man.
Speaker 5: Can I say that?
Speaker 3: No, you only say that because he's mildly in love with you as well.
Speaker 5: No, that goes goes both by. His name is Alex. What's this little situation you find yourself in?
Speaker 13: So I'm the anomally to the study.
Speaker 5: There's an exception.
Speaker 13: There's always an outlier. I'm an outlier.
Speaker 2: I'm to be fair. I think Zoe is the exception to most studies.
Speaker 13: I think, Oh, I think that's a confident thank you in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean it depends on the study, but.
Speaker 12: It sure does.
Speaker 13: I find myself in the opposite situation. We haven't said I love you yet?
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, how.
Speaker 2: Long have you been together?
Speaker 4: We met in February, No, mathematician, but that's more than three months.
Speaker 2: That is more than three months. That's six, that's six And have you have you gone down that path with him? Have you told him that you love him.
Speaker 13: No, because I know he won't say it.
Speaker 12: It's like a pride thing now.
Speaker 13: But no, yes, he knows, he knows I do, but I refuse to say it formally until he.
Speaker 5: Says it first.
Speaker 1: Has it been any situations where you feel like you've both got close?
Speaker 12: Yes? For me, don't know for him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah right, has he has?
Speaker 3: Didn't?
Speaker 2: Weren't you saying that he said it, but then he took.
Speaker 1: It back, even of their conversation live on radio.
Speaker 13: Sorry, yeah, yeah, sorry, I forgot about the time that he did say it and then took it back to clarified it was a.
Speaker 1: Mistake and I'll ended here once again. US man a special.
Speaker 2: Purchase anyway, Alex joins us online.
Speaker 1: Three.
Speaker 2: We just can't take the call because you're supposed to.
Speaker 5: No, I dropped out.
Speaker 1: Love you, Alex, Love you, Alex.