Speaker 1: To comply with Spotify's AI enforcement of copyright law. Parts of this podcast have been modified or removed. For the full experience, please listen live on over one hundred or live stream at nova fm dot com dot a.
Speaker 2: U Jason Lauren on one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning and happy for Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning boys, how are we?
Speaker 3: We are? Good loss fridayday? Did you go home and sleep yesterday? You were tired? Yesterday?
Speaker 4: I was tired. I did. I slept and I did a Infred sauna.
Speaker 3: Good boy, as he's as he was leaving here yesterday, I said go home, go to bed. Do not.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't do it. I've done.
Speaker 2: I was giving you a lecture.
Speaker 3: Mum was Mum was on the wall path yesterday that you need to sleep.
Speaker 2: Look what did you do yesterday? Jason?
Speaker 3: What did I do yesterday? I don't know. I was going to go see the baby because my sister in law has had a baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, do we know what flavor get?
Speaker 3: I didn't get. I didn't get there to get shopping? Instead?
Speaker 4: You know what, shopping to the baby?
Speaker 3: No? Just the Coles.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, no, no, I've just decided. You actually don't care. You don't know you don't care. You don't even know if it's a boy or girl. That means he doesn't care.
Speaker 3: Guys, I found out the flavor of the baby. I don't think you care. It is a boy, it's a well, well, what's its.
Speaker 2: Name, uncle Jason, Jose had gorgeous Jose Hawkins.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, no, it's not fine. God no, god, no, it's not mine. It's my sister in laws. It's not fine.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking them.
Speaker 4: So you were to.
Speaker 2: People said to me the other day when you were talking about the baby that they got very confused. How you were saying it was your your your wife's brother in law had a baby or something.
Speaker 3: No, no, my wife. It's my wife's sister, so it would be my sister in law. Yeah, had the baby. But the baby.
Speaker 2: Boy, baby boy, baby boy's.
Speaker 3: Name, working title is Jose. But I will have a confirmation on that tomorrow.
Speaker 4: When you go and buy a card. In the present.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yes, we're brought in the present.
Speaker 2: What about people who name their babies and then change them like months later.
Speaker 3: You know what I've never gotten into.
Speaker 4: Well you can do it, can't you.
Speaker 3: I've never got we changed Hussand's middle name.
Speaker 4: Hang on, when do you need to fill out the birth certificate six months later? No?
Speaker 3: No, no birth ctificates at the hospital on the day, on the day.
Speaker 4: Oh geez, that's pressure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because because some people.
Speaker 2: Go, I want to get a cabbage patch kid?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, build a bear. You don't walk out of that store and sell filled out about your later.
Speaker 4: Do you need to like, do you need to give them a driver's license's name to say? No, it's just a bit of paper. And so here you go, and you know, it's whatever you like.
Speaker 3: The trippiest thing when you're leaving the matternity ward is they go all right, well, you know, good luck.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: There's nothing to sign nothing, nothing, no signing. It's hard to get out of SeaWorld on the Gold Coast than an attorney would. There's no gift shop or anything. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: How long along? How old was Hudson when you changed his middle name?
Speaker 3: About a year? And how do you change a lot of paperwork? A lot of paperwork? Yeah? And why because we realized it was Hudson James Hawkins and we were like, why did we call him James?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I think we were just we had no idea.
Speaker 4: There's nothing wrong with it, but.
Speaker 3: There was no family lead.
Speaker 2: What did you change it to?
Speaker 3: Well, it changed it to my dad's name, Hudson Paul Hawkins. Yeah, at least I had, like, yeah, you know a lot of paperwork though for a middle name.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so you don't need to do that. When you change your dog's name, he can change it.
Speaker 2: You can't change your dog's name.
Speaker 4: A lot of people change the dog's name.
Speaker 2: Did you change your dog's name?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't. But what I'm saying is if you go and pick up, you know, a rescue dog and it's Panel. But they don't want Pamela. They want to change Pamela to Autry.
Speaker 3: But isn't it confusing? Like I remember after we changed out his middle name, I was screaming his name at the park for weeks and he didn't know if I was talking to him or a different huts.
Speaker 2: And it's really confusing for a dog. Yeah, and a human, I said, a dog more so they don't get it.
Speaker 3: Come here, buddy, come on, all right, let's get into it. We got a fun show coming up for a Thursday today. Everybody a lot of free stuff up for grabs. Including tickets to get you out about these holidays more details.
Speaker 2: Next, I went out for dinner last night with I was supposed to be going with two friends and I hadn't seen them for a while. They're a couple and Clint, you're going to love this. They were like, could we go?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Like got early? They work early mornings too. They're like, we got like four thirty five, and I had things on. I was like, can we make it seven seven thirty? Yeah, And for some reason they just kept saying, oh, what about five or maybe the next day we could do five, And I was like, so weird, and I can't do tomorrow. So I was like, well, no, we don't have to do it. We can just you know, meet for a drink or whatever. And then eventually she goes, no, no, it's fine, let's do seven seven thirty. That's fine, but it'll just be me. So her husband couldn't and I was like, is everything okay? And she said to me, we both can't come because we both can't leave the house at the same time because our dog is now scared of the dark.
Speaker 3: The dog is scared of the dog you're scared of the dark.
Speaker 2: Dog has become scared of the dark, so they they won't go out after dark and leave the dog at home. What if you leave the lights on?
Speaker 4: Guys get a night lot. No, you say what, that's going to ruin their lives.
Speaker 2: It's going to ruin their lives. And like I've had, my little sausage dog got anxious for a while and he barked a lot. No, he was just I think a bit lonely. Remember, I got that thing that stopped him barking and makes high pitch noises. No, I didn't get the shot collar. I never look a shot collar. I'm not I'm not a shot collar.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I bought the dog the thing that when he barks, it plays a really high pitched down that humans can't hear. But he just doesn't really sit out the front and bark anymore. Is that the most ever heard?
Speaker 4: That's strange. That's very very strange. People do some strange things for their pets.
Speaker 3: And their hang on. I was thinking about this right, Well, you're.
Speaker 2: A reptile guy, so you wouldn't get it.
Speaker 4: No, because it, I mean thrives in any condition. Really.
Speaker 3: No, we can't come out in the cold, im sorry, I can't come to dinner in winter, it's hibernating.
Speaker 2: It's got the heat lighter.
Speaker 4: Does it hibernate?
Speaker 3: Mate for six months of the year. It doesn't get out of sleep the liztend we don't touch it for six months and yeah, what a what it's like having a teenage son. It just sits in its little cave and doesn't sleep.
Speaker 2: So you can't get it out and play with it in that time.
Speaker 3: No, at the moments sleep it's hibernating.
Speaker 4: And what does it do? Just sleep? Just sleep? Does eat?
Speaker 3: Best pet ever?
Speaker 4: Eat? It doesn't me.
Speaker 2: How often do you have to feed it when it's.
Speaker 3: You're about to say, walk it like every couple of days check a worming or well it's dead, that's a snake.
Speaker 4: So how do you know when it's not hibernating, Well, that comes out and then it does the thing that Lauren loves.
Speaker 2: It sheds its skin when it pops off that little bit of skin in its ears and it's No, I got right in the algorithm of that incredible.
Speaker 3: You sit there on a Friday night.
Speaker 4: Does it decide when it just it wants to come out? Yeah, it just so.
Speaker 2: I'm ready for my worm.
Speaker 4: When is it about September.
Speaker 2: I think, so does it eat live worms or dead worms?
Speaker 3: Live worms?
Speaker 2: Just because remember I was at my friend's house with the snake and he was cooking dinner for us. All the kids came out and they're like, we've got to feed shoelace the snake. And I was like, what do you feed shoelace? And it was out of the freezer. They pulled like a frozen dead mouse.
Speaker 3: Frost it.
Speaker 2: Put it in boiling water like a tea bag. No, you put in a cup of boiling water like a tea bag with its tail hanging out like you would a tea bag, and dunked it until it defrosted.
Speaker 3: And then and then you dangle it in the cage that the mouse is alive.
Speaker 2: Why don't you ever ripped off?
Speaker 3: Don't judge me. I'm not doing it. I'm not doing a mount. I'm not doing a.
Speaker 4: Mouse because it'sating, it's not eating anything.
Speaker 2: Do you buy worms or do you have to get them out of the garden?
Speaker 3: You just buy them at the pet Sorry when at the petre?
Speaker 6: When?
Speaker 3: When did it go to sleep a couple of months ago?
Speaker 2: Was expected to wake up in a.
Speaker 3: Couple of months. Mate what a life?
Speaker 2: Did you go on holidays and just leave it there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just get the neighbors to run in, Like when it's awake, it'sbating. No, when a time and I need it's a good mate, just leave it. It's good to go.
Speaker 2: I was out for dinner with friends recently. They've got a lizard and the lizard lizard got gout drinking too much. The lizard got out and they had to inject this like gout medication in between its scales.
Speaker 3: Every day people.
Speaker 2: Just want to get out of going for dinner with me. Because she was like, I'm gonna go. I got to go give the lizard it scout.
Speaker 3: That was what I was going to say, Yester, after I hung up on the phone from you, because you told me about this yesterday. I'm like dogs scared of the dark. And I was like, no, they just both don't want to go to dinner and there'd be some battle over there right now, going you go, No, you go. You haven't seen laur for a while. You go for the Ultimate rock paper says is that game?
Speaker 4: Oh? Absolutely? When your pet's got exactly, don't you do anything? Leave it it's quiet. I don't know why I'm so thrown.
Speaker 2: What if there's a power outage and the heat light goes out, that's.
Speaker 3: A problem, that's yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people bury their turtles.
Speaker 3: Turtles when they're dead.
Speaker 4: No, no, no that they bury them. What they bury in the backyard during winter.
Speaker 2: No, they put them in the freezer.
Speaker 3: It's honey.
Speaker 4: No, they actually bury them and see you later. I see you in six months. They shovel the dirt on them.
Speaker 3: I can't confirm.
Speaker 2: I've seen them put them in the freezer before, but I think it's like the freezer can't be on, but it's like a little cave for them.
Speaker 4: People are often known to bury their turtles because in the wild, turtles hibernate by burying themselves, understand during colder months and to cool down during warmer periods. I mean, what about that.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't want to think?
Speaker 3: We just Staycey. We need her. She's doing I think she's been buried. She's just sorry, has she? Yeah? I was watching in appropriate clips.
Speaker 7: She's hibernating in appropriate clips of her.
Speaker 2: What inappropriate clips were you watching?
Speaker 3: The range of Let me finish?
Speaker 4: Listen, he did finish.
Speaker 3: Just before we move on? Can I clean something out? I was saying, we're talking about Rangel Stacey before the break, and I was saying I was watching naughty videos of her online.
Speaker 2: Yeah that that that's inappropriate.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I meant like old, old outtakes of her on Agro's cardon Connection.
Speaker 2: I was going to say she was on Agros, but was she also on Totally Wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was on Totally Wild and she do clips on but.
Speaker 4: She did a crossover y.
Speaker 3: Well she go and she'd go on Agro's cardon Connection like to do wildlife stories. And then I went down a real rabbit hole watching Agro naughty outtakes. So Agros a puppet we all grew up.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Agro was rude.
Speaker 3: He was a little bit. Check out this clip. I found out what's she called.
Speaker 8: Well, he doesn't have a name.
Speaker 3: So it was a troll doll on a pen.
Speaker 9: It's called a good nuttroll.
Speaker 10: Have a look.
Speaker 2: See I was checking around looking she's.
Speaker 11: I reckon my hair, Go, I don't got a fence like my eyes as well, kids.
Speaker 4: Television, Kid's television.
Speaker 2: I had one of those trolls that they would sit on the end of the fences. Yeah, would that have been good news?
Speaker 3: Rogeous Dacy, what about I don't know.
Speaker 4: Bens and burns so heart right now right he's released a new album, right now. What's happened?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What's wrong?
Speaker 3: You're not practicing the flips, are you? No? I thought that this is everywhere.
Speaker 4: I don't get airborne. Absolutely not. I'm very uncoordinated when it comes to.
Speaker 2: The new album though.
Speaker 3: My my kids were doing the Bens and burn flips on the trampoline the other day and I'm like, Dad does not want to in the afternoon at Sandy Hospital. Can we not do this?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, off the couch. Well he does it off everywhere, off the Yeah, it's very fit. One of my mates uploaded a photo this morning in the gym Jim Bros. With Benson Boon. Now he's he's currently somewhere in Europe. I don't know exactly where, but he's on holidays and he was did he did it? What's under the story? So it's going to disappear quickly. The caption says.
Speaker 3: Boon.
Speaker 4: Anyway, he got a follow from Benson Boone. How good is that?
Speaker 3: Your your mates not in the entertainment industry, He's just this is a gym brough over in the UK.
Speaker 4: He's a bit of a fitfluencer, if I can say that, he's got sort of like a hundred down follows.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he who I'm looking him up?
Speaker 4: So he's just done a work out with the Boon.
Speaker 3: Hang On, hang on, workout with the Boon or work out in the same gym.
Speaker 4: I think in the same gym. But they might have, like, because Braden's such a like a fitzpoke kind of guy, they might have traded notes and then got to follow. So my question to you is, who's the most famous person you've got to follow from on Instagram? Lawrence, he's got a couple.
Speaker 3: God only knows, no one.
Speaker 2: The most famous person you've got? What about you, Clint?
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say, who did you meet in the gym?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, not well, who did you meet in the gym?
Speaker 3: I remember the famous Margo Robbie story when she was on her honeymoon with her partner and they were on like this deserted island and they went to the hotel gym and he was wearing extremely short shorts, like his tackle was almost out the side, you're kidding, And she's like, baby, can't wear that to the hotel gym, and he's like, we're on an island, Like, who are we going to run into?
Speaker 4: And who was there?
Speaker 3: They walk into the hotel gym and they're on the treadmill and they look to their right and Oprah Winfrey is there. Oprah was Gail there too, and they wait for it and.
Speaker 2: Then Margaret goes, Gail goes.
Speaker 3: Well, Margo's chatting with Oprah. Meanwhile, her partner's freaking out because he's tackles hanging outside his shoes.
Speaker 4: Well, he went people.
Speaker 3: And then that's when Oprah says, Hey, you've got to meet Michelle and Barack Obama. And they're on the bike in the gym, in the gym, No, Margo's partners little man hanging out the side.
Speaker 4: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: They were short shorts?
Speaker 4: Did they did they all follow each other on the ground.
Speaker 3: I don't think they follow each other on the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jeez, yeah, they would have. They would have given each other a follow back to sure. Do you want to check if Michelle Obama follows Margot Robbie.
Speaker 4: I suppose the Obamas would have security detail as well, wouldn't they were? They on the other tre had mills running in the suits because when Barak used to go for a run because he's a fit man, front and back security.
Speaker 3: I went running with John Howard.
Speaker 4: Did you he's a walker though, yes, well that makes sense. Were you in a tracksuit as well?
Speaker 3: Were you we're waiting to get him outside, not getting I don't know. We're waiting to interview he was running for prime minister and he was in.
Speaker 2: You can't say did he know he was about to be interviewed or did you just turn up?
Speaker 3: We just turned up. We just knew he goes through his morning walk. So we waited outside the hotel and he came out.
Speaker 4: He's a lossy track suit and you sided up next to him.
Speaker 3: We joined the walk.
Speaker 4: Was it in parachute material?
Speaker 3: Yes? We talk the audio back to the radio station to listen to the chat. That's all we could hear. The mics took his pets. Well, good morning everybody, just going twenty two to seven. Big game tonight.
Speaker 4: For the Ruse, well big game for the dogs as well. Yes, Tom Leebertore is celebrating two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 3: Games and it's the one hundredth anniversary of the of the North Melbourne Football Club.
Speaker 2: The Kangaroo Haringers big do Caangars get up Clinty.
Speaker 4: On Probably not, but interestingly Dennis Pagan, former Kangaroos coach, premiership coach, He's going to deliver a bit of a horever. The boys love that bit retro Tonight love interesting to.
Speaker 3: Charlie Common and the boys, Yes, celebrate and then tomorrow night got my pies taken on the blue Bags. However, I'll be watching in the car parked outside school because it's school.
Speaker 4: What's tomorrow night school disco night.
Speaker 3: To enjoy?
Speaker 2: They could put you Dad's in a hall with a big TV.
Speaker 3: Security Lauren, Yes, No, I'll cahol on the school grounds. So I'm going to have to get a minute.
Speaker 2: Key school disco kickoff.
Speaker 3: Just before the first bounce around seven.
Speaker 2: And how long does it go for?
Speaker 4: Like two hours the disco?
Speaker 3: Yeah about so you know the problem. The problem will be the disco wrap up before the end of like probably the third quarter. So that's going to be a mad rush, Like everyone get in the car quick, we're going.
Speaker 2: To get it. But don't you live one minute from the school. Why would you sit in the car park for an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Don't you a couple of minutes, a couple of minutes from the school.
Speaker 2: So to her point, are you going to stay in the car park in the.
Speaker 3: Car, I'll probably get a couple of dads in the car. We'll put the phone up on the dash.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it looks.
Speaker 2: No, you're not doing that. No one's doing that. You live like two minutes from the school. One, don't you just say, hey, dad's come over to my house. We'll watch the footage and then we'll go back and pick up the kids.
Speaker 4: After.
Speaker 3: You're wasting time.
Speaker 2: Community life very difficult for yourself.
Speaker 3: You turn up the car, make interesting choices, it'll feel like you're at the g The atmosphere will be amazing. Remember take it easy on the roads again today with the wet weather. I'll tell you it's a freaking havoc at the airport. Major dramas with anyone airport down Tlemaro Airport.
Speaker 2: And also like terrible timing with school holidays starting and it's always the week like one of the busiest weeks at the airport when the weather issues.
Speaker 3: You know how we are that work experience kid. The start of the he was in from Sydney. He got a flight back that afternoon he was in the air for two hours and they diverted him to Canberra instead of Sydney.
Speaker 4: Like oh no, that's that's wrong. They diverted him back to Melbourne. He came back to Melbourne air, poor kid. Why did he come to us?
Speaker 2: He just didn't even know his name, So Jase caught him three different names yesterday. What was the work experienced kid's name?
Speaker 3: Jared?
Speaker 2: Jared, Jared, you told me it was Chase yesterday.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I can't remember. He was a lovely boy in Melbourne. Where's he now?
Speaker 2: Melbourne, Sydney, Alex camera. He's in canbra stuck in camera. Did all the way from Sydney to do work experience?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, he's a fun because didn't you see his name is Jose.
Speaker 3: When we said Jose his face when we said you should have went into over Sydney, he was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Over in Sydney. Did he actually fly all the way from Sydney to do work experience?
Speaker 3: But to be fair, I think he had a night out on the Sunday night and then he just nursed his hand over.
Speaker 4: And how memorable it was for us? What's his that not one of you remember?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Jack it's a Jay Jeremy, not a Jack Jeremy, j Jack Jeremy, Paul Paul, it's not Paul Jose. That starts with the J, starts with should we know yes, starts with A.
Speaker 4: D Darren, Dennis, Daniel, David, Darryl, Dan, Dylan, DEYLA.
Speaker 2: We miss.
Speaker 4: Thanks Dylan, breakfast lights on for Dylan.
Speaker 2: We love you doing assholes?
Speaker 4: Are we?
Speaker 2: Dylan doesn't know he's still stuck in camera. Don't want a different state?
Speaker 4: Oh you'd know how to stream.
Speaker 2: He'll do work experience we fit in with next time and he'll have way more fun.
Speaker 3: Can we please move on?
Speaker 4: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Should we get Dylan on the line?
Speaker 4: Can we get Dylan on the line? Please?
Speaker 2: I want to know Dylan had a good Dylan.
Speaker 4: To give us an air check? Just not that second?
Speaker 2: How do you get to do work experience with us?
Speaker 12: Like?
Speaker 2: What have you got to do wrong to be shoved on our shop?
Speaker 3: I think it's.
Speaker 2: Did you have to fill out a report card for him? Brodie?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Brody? Did you have to?
Speaker 2: You have to give them a review, don't you? I don't think five stars hit the button hit five dollars a day?
Speaker 3: Radio?
Speaker 2: Is there a radio school. Hey thirty, anyone here go to radio school?
Speaker 3: No, probably should have. Hey thirteen twenty four ten? Where did you go for work experience? Okay? Because I know, well there's some there are some cool ones out.
Speaker 2: There, and what are you doing? Now?
Speaker 4: That's this is better than what we were going to do?
Speaker 2: Yes, way better.
Speaker 3: Do you know where I went?
Speaker 4: Where? Okay? So hang on, let's let's guess this. Let's guess this. So you had probably job at David Giants? Was it in the industry? Jones?
Speaker 3: No, it was actually David Jarones.
Speaker 4: You did, and then you graduated to an employee.
Speaker 3: Well, they thought, look, because they had to teach me how to use the cash register. So they were like, well, now that we're talking about to use the cash registers for a week, we must pay him and give him ships on Saturdays.
Speaker 2: But when you did work experience, do you have to get paid five dollars a day? I think we got fastols a day. Like, what is the point? No, I had to pay you. You were you weren't allowed to work for free? You had to get five dollars a day?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't know that. Where did you do work experience?
Speaker 4: I did it at nine.
Speaker 2: I did. I did it at Channel nine two.
Speaker 4: See where institutionalized.
Speaker 2: And I did it.
Speaker 3: I think it's called.
Speaker 2: I did it in the news room.
Speaker 4: Guy, should we get awkward?
Speaker 2: But you weren't there yet, Clint, let's.
Speaker 4: Get awkward because what do you mean? Our working spirits friend joins us something?
Speaker 3: David, you don't know? What's Dylan?
Speaker 4: Is it Dylan?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: What's your name?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 3: It's Dylan, Dylan?
Speaker 4: Dylan? How that?
Speaker 3: How was the flight back from your time with us?
Speaker 5: It was interesting? Put it that way.
Speaker 11: I was super fly Tuesday nights and we got to.
Speaker 13: Sydney only to turn back to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Okay, how memorable was your time with us?
Speaker 3: Any any feedback?
Speaker 2: What were used to the highlight?
Speaker 3: What we yeah, what was the highlight? And what were you surprised by seeing behind the scenes on the show?
Speaker 5: Good question, A little spot there.
Speaker 12: I got to do a little bit of.
Speaker 5: Everything, I would say, seeing everything.
Speaker 14: Working everything behind the scenes and actually being able to, I guess, physically talk to the listeners and operate the call phone, the phone call system.
Speaker 3: We put him on the phone, Yes, Lauren and Dylan.
Speaker 2: Did you think it was going to be part of the job title when Clint asked you to go and pick up some takeaway for breakfast for him, take it out of the takeaway box and put it on a plate with coke. Did he ask you to feed him as well?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 9: Look I didn't, and had I known that, maybe I would bring in my decision.
Speaker 3: Dylan, who do you think works the hardest?
Speaker 7: But I think works the hardest?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: Probably Dylan.
Speaker 3: Out of you three or out of all the out of us three, out of you three?
Speaker 5: Give everyone to say, Jay.
Speaker 4: We'll leave it there, Dylan him up, see it, Darren, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: Love your hosi. You are welcome.
Speaker 2: Camera's not too cold.
Speaker 3: You are welcome anytime, my friend, Thank you next time. So ya? So yeah he was a nice lad.
Speaker 4: He's a good lad.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so lovely boy.
Speaker 4: What are we asking on thirteen twenty fourteen? Who did we what's your name?
Speaker 3: Thirteen to twenty fourteen?
Speaker 4: We are assholes?
Speaker 3: No, no, we're mucking around. Dylan's great deal.
Speaker 4: We love him.
Speaker 3: He's been with us a couple of times, and he is welcome.
Speaker 4: He was a couple of times. Yes, clan was this a return boy? Oh? No? Before third?
Speaker 3: Listen to you two thirteen twenty and we loved Dylan.
Speaker 2: You know what, Dylan's just a good sport when you could have a bit of fun with him.
Speaker 3: Exactly thirteen twenty four ten, Where did you go on work experience? We're talking work experience this morning? Where did you go for yours question question? Do the kids get paid work experience?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 3: You supposed to?
Speaker 4: No you did? I remember it was seven.
Speaker 2: We got five dollars a day.
Speaker 4: We didn't sound buck fifty a day or something like.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was a Victorian thing because in Queensland and they just you just worked for free.
Speaker 2: No, there was some weird rule that was like you actually can't just get children to work for free. So it's you had to pay at least minimum. And some places got paid. So I remember I did worked at Channel nine, did my U time work experience, and I got five dollars a day. And there were other people that were like, no, I'm your favor I was an hour.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I used to get jealous for the kids, liven like go and work with the cops for a week or have like a cool work experience.
Speaker 4: Usually if you got an inn, yes, so you need an inn. Someone who knows I was cool though I thought that was cool.
Speaker 2: I was like fifteen, and I sat in the newsroom and then that we had Ali Langdon on the other day and I was talking about how I did my work experience in a current affair and I was helping answer with the phone for all the crazy people that wanted to cut down their neighbor's fences and things.
Speaker 3: I just remember something we Clint, thank you.
Speaker 4: Oh you're welcome.
Speaker 3: I may have thrown you in for something.
Speaker 4: They can't come to.
Speaker 3: My nestis who lives in Brisbane. Yes, his mum my sister Letcher like to work experience. Can he come down sit in on the show? And I'm like, is he interested in rating? And she has no really luck sport and I'm like, oh no, I'll.
Speaker 2: Get him with Clint Jones love it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that all?
Speaker 4: Ye? Are you kidding? Choking?
Speaker 3: Come on mate, help a kid out. He just wants to be a little stand away.
Speaker 2: They're a good guy.
Speaker 3: Do you want me to tell the child?
Speaker 4: No? Maybe he should go to the news room in Brisbane? Was he staying at your Brisbane?
Speaker 3: Said you got let's go to Josh Like, Josh, morning, guys, are you going? We're good? Where'd you do work experienced.
Speaker 5: Experience at a place in Epping to sell dirt bikes. Actually cool.
Speaker 3: Did they let you take them for a role?
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 5: No, they didn't. But when I did work there, I actually managed to sell a few because I've always had that natural gift where I could just talk to anyone. Yeah, I was only I think fifteen or sixteen at that time.
Speaker 4: Actually, what are you doing now?
Speaker 2: Fun work experience selling dirt bikes.
Speaker 5: No, it was pretty It is pretty good. I've grown up with them in where I lived in Greenville. When I grew up, we had actually a dirt bike track in my backyard.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what. Whoever it was the sales assistant that was there with you on the day would have been like put my code in for the sale the commission.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, you can't be getting commissioned on work experience. Let's go to mill Park, Julia, Good morning. Where was your work experience?
Speaker 15: Good morning, guys. So I went into the city, one of the aquatic centers, into the city to think I was going to be teaching co teaching swimming lessons, and instead they took me cleaning the showers that when you come out of the pool.
Speaker 3: I mean to be fair, Julie. If I rocked up with my three year old for a swimming lesson, it was a work experienced kid teaching how to swim, I'd be a bit concerned, you know.
Speaker 4: But cleaning the showers is a bit rough. Yeah, oh no.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and swimming pools can be so wet.
Speaker 3: Imagine going back to school. What did you learn how to get rid of tenure?
Speaker 4: Christian? Morning Morning, Christian.
Speaker 11: How are you guys?
Speaker 4: We're good. Where do you do work experience?
Speaker 11: I did work experience when I was fifteen years old with a building company in bot Barancy, and twenty two years later I worked for the same company.
Speaker 3: That's good, So you get in ever left? Did I let your father now gun dream more experience?
Speaker 11: They didn't let me do it much. Actually only took hold a stringline and hit the car most of the time. But it was a good experience.
Speaker 4: He'd be running the company now, Christian.
Speaker 3: Oh, just about good Man, good Man, so, I told ham good.
Speaker 2: So work experience really does work sometimes.
Speaker 3: I told Hamish Lauren, Like, when he goes to work with clink men will probably let him like ask a few of the questions when he's interviewing footy players and stuff.
Speaker 2: Definitely, just get him on the desk.
Speaker 3: Uncle Clean's not going to make you sit in the car. Mate. You'll be in there if they're breaking a story.
Speaker 4: I'll palm him off to TJ, to Tony Jones. He'll teach him a thing.
Speaker 2: Tony would love it. He's so nurturing like that, very patient. He would love it. Oh yeah, loves meeting new people.
Speaker 3: All of a sudden, I'm concerned for my nephew. Thirteen twenty four ten, we are talking work experience. Alla, Nadia, good morning, where'd you do it?
Speaker 10: And a Mark?
Speaker 2: Oh no, yep? Was it your idea?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What do you see? What do you do?
Speaker 13: You know everything? Actually did all the nice things, like I wrote all the contracts and I wrote ends of the phone and arrange the flowers. But I also got to go in the car and pick up the deceased person a few times.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I did you see the bodies I did?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want like my loved one dying and then the white ladies rock up with the gloves and I'm like, who's that, Nadia, she's on work experience. There's poor Nadia, it's not sure. How do I do the stretcher?
Speaker 2: Like, Nadia, do you still work in that industry?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 3: Sounds like no.
Speaker 13: But it was the plan. I had it all worked out with the girlfriend of mine, and we thought she'd be the criminal person, the person who does the checks all the bodies, and then she will turn over my business.
Speaker 4: Time like forensics.
Speaker 3: I thought you mean she'd commit the.
Speaker 2: Crime and starting a business together.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, that's a hectic job for fifteen mate.
Speaker 3: I know two guys that got out of radio and got into funeral director really because they felt like the industry was more secure.
Speaker 4: What the industry's dying that what it is.
Speaker 3: Ours is theirs is a lie. And well, well, good morning everyone has gone thirteen past seven. Crazy news coming out of America.
Speaker 4: America?
Speaker 3: Sure yeah, sure?
Speaker 4: Did he come.
Speaker 3: A split verdict so he still could do jail time? He will, But what about time, sir?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: All the two things that he has been found guilty on have a maximum of ten years each each, but there is no minimum sentence on either of those.
Speaker 3: So it's going to come down to the scene.
Speaker 2: He's already done. About how long has he been in there already?
Speaker 3: Probably eighteen months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but found not guilty of the more serious or most serious charger charges, which is racketeering.
Speaker 3: It was still waiting for the jury to come in on the mushroom case.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're going to be. They're out deliberating for a fourth day. Yeah, we didn't see out on that.
Speaker 3: We did not think it would go on that long.
Speaker 4: Well, no, you.
Speaker 3: Didn't think.
Speaker 2: You predicted Friday, I.
Speaker 4: Said, Thursday afternoon or Friday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're playing on the weekend card. Yeah. Yeah, right. You watch a lot of Judge Duty, don't you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I love But she's very quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is as coming.
Speaker 4: If you're not, if you're not prepared in her courtroom, you're bugger.
Speaker 3: Because it's her courtroom.
Speaker 4: It's yes, the decisions are final. People are real, The cases are cases. Cases are real. Decisions are final.
Speaker 3: Hey, coming up this hour, guys, I need some advice. I am leaving the suburb on the weekend.
Speaker 4: Take on you.
Speaker 2: That's a big mode for you, taking anyone with you, any family members at school holidays, school holidays.
Speaker 3: But I need to know what the etiquette is. We'll get to that after seven point thirty. But coming up next, did.
Speaker 2: You know Robert de Niro has seven children.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a lots of freshies too.
Speaker 2: Yes, well he's eighty one, but his youngest child is two.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to come back and dive into this after Lewis.
Speaker 2: This is a big age gap going on here.
Speaker 3: This is survived. Good Morning, Melbourne. You were on Noumber one hundred. Lewis Capaldi survived nineteen past seven. This is Nomber one hundred. Good morning. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clints here as well.
Speaker 2: Hey, Robert de Niro has been in the news a little bit recently. At the ripe old age of eighty one. He was spotted going to a Wiggles concert. Yes, which some people love it all ages and some people can't stand at all ages. But that is because he has he's eighty one, but he's got a two year old. And we were talking about it the.
Speaker 3: Other day, Plint was just listening to your news earlier about Robert de Niro taking his fee family backstage with the Wiggles. Yeah, how many children.
Speaker 4: Just robbing chug chug a big red car.
Speaker 3: He's going to need a.
Speaker 2: Bigger red car, old are they?
Speaker 3: He's first born Yeah, first child was born in nineteen sixty seven and he's last.
Speaker 4: Born twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a little gap, that's yeah, yea.
Speaker 2: Hang on, no, so what this fifty years difference?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Mate, there is that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Like fifty one years difference. The youngest is two and the oldest.
Speaker 3: I mean you would have thrown out the baby clothes you got to buy bite Like, we're lucky. We managed to use the same PRAM for our eldest as we've used for our youngest.
Speaker 2: It's gone through three No, wait, has it lasted that long?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They're pretty durable though, Yeah, they really. They're very expensive, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We even pushed a friend of ours home in it from the Hampton Balls Club.
Speaker 4: Once, well, like in a trolley, but in the pred Oh that's fine.
Speaker 2: What's the age difference between Hudson, your middle child and Archie?
Speaker 3: So Howie's nine and Archie's three, so six years?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: Does that feel like talking to that brand for six years?
Speaker 3: Well, Felix is eleven, so we've had.
Speaker 2: Yeah then I know, but then you knew you were going to have another one.
Speaker 4: Tony Stanaway had my mum, she had my youngest sister Mikayla when she was forty two, yep, which was I mean, it's sort of not so much these days, but it was back then it was considered, you know, a little bit older and the difference between top and bottom. My brother Ryan is around about eighteen years.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think our families are the same because I've got three older sisters and they're semi close. But the youngest Latica. So I'm forty two, she'd be She's going to kill me if I get this wrong, but I'm pretty sure she's just over fifty. So it's like Dad always said, he goes, he goes. You celebrate one anniversary and I got you.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jason, But how about your older sister, oh, dust Jason was the oldest Michelle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michelle older retirement, it'd be close to sixty. I think.
Speaker 2: So you've got eighteen years as well.
Speaker 3: It's about the same clip eh right.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a big age gap.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Let's talk age gaps this morning. What was what was the age gap between you and your sibling? Because it was funny when I was I remember being like maybe three or four and running into Mom and dad's bed one night because I couldn't sleep and I was laying there and then we got a knock on the door at three o'clock in the morning, and I just think they remember my dad opening the door and a cab driver being there. Does Michelle Hawkins live here? Yep? Or she's passed out and vomit in my car? So she was like a party?
Speaker 4: She was she was living, she was living?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Oh my goodness, there was. And also they would have been old enough to look after you though. That's quite smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were. They do the script?
Speaker 2: Do you ever have to babysit makay.
Speaker 4: All the time?
Speaker 3: All the time you're doing that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's she's living with me. She just can't get.
Speaker 3: Rid of it. Thirty twenty four ten is our number? What's the age gap? I think Robert de Niro is going to be hard to beat. That's just yeah, that's price. I listen to you, and my eldest listens to three A W Thirty twenty four ten is our number? What's the age gap? Good morning, Melbourne, a Liam Payne or Riata or for you here on Nober one hundred, we're doing a thanks to Shelby express, great song.
Speaker 2: Great song. She's in town soon. Actually, she's coming here in November.
Speaker 3: Oh, we love Reader.
Speaker 2: She's performing with Ricky Martin.
Speaker 3: She bangs not reading. No no, no, no no, let me clarify.
Speaker 2: I'm Ricky and I'm banging.
Speaker 3: No no, no no.
Speaker 4: You got yourself into this one. You get yourself out of it.
Speaker 3: Rita doesn't have what Ricky wants. I'm saying, Ricky Martin, she bangs, great song, right, but she might also Who am I to judge? How are you speaking of judging? There is something that we all grew up with that has really rattled the gen z is out there. We're going to get to it after the seventh years. First, we're talking age gaps right before we.
Speaker 2: Get to that. Yeah, because you've got eighteen years between your between you and your oldest sibling. Jace and Clint's family has eighteen years age difference too amongst all the kids. And Robert de Niro has fifty one years age twenty's youngest and his oldest. Yep, age gap is in your fam.
Speaker 4: He took his youngest stuff to see the Wiggles the other day, So that's when a lot of people went years. Second is this your grandchild, dad or your parent. Let's hit the phones. Danniel on thirteen, twenty four to ten, Good morning.
Speaker 16: Good morning.
Speaker 4: What's the gap.
Speaker 16: I've got an older son that's forty and a younger son at sixteenth.
Speaker 4: That's good, that's good.
Speaker 2: What's that twenty four years?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So what he would have mean?
Speaker 16: And then the oldest grandchild, she'll be turning thirteen this year.
Speaker 3: Oh that's close to the youngest.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 2: You know, when you meet people and they're like, this is my nephew and he's older.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, can I can I one more?
Speaker 16: Because when the older ones were sorry, when the older ones were going to school, they used to think that the brother was the father and I wasn't anything. I was just nothing, And I was like, yeah, you could have you could have had them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be like that, yes, seriously, but your dad, right, not my dad's my brother.
Speaker 2: Allo Courtney, let's go to Courtney and good morning.
Speaker 3: Hello, let's a go age gaps.
Speaker 8: Let's let's hear it where I'm thirty and my younger sibling is seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah right, it's pretty good.
Speaker 2: You can be mom twenty three?
Speaker 3: Yeah you could.
Speaker 2: How's the three of us trying to do the math, So.
Speaker 4: Do twenty three a lot of work?
Speaker 13: A year younger than my daughter.
Speaker 9: Sorry, he's a year younger than my daughter.
Speaker 2: Oh that's amazing. That's that's amazing. So her, So your daughter's auntie is younger than her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what inspired the what? What what inspired the Clinton? The late one to come back to it? Yeah? Why did we decide to Oh?
Speaker 2: Oh goodness?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, you've got eleven children, or you've got to eleven siblings.
Speaker 13: Eleven siblings.
Speaker 3: That's that's my Christmas spread out so much? You know, family, what are we putting on this week? A thirtieth or seventh? You know what I mean? You can't be read. You can't just imagine the storage at their place for decorations. Hello, Jasmine hire good we're talking age gaps. What do you got?
Speaker 17: So there's twenty one years between me and my sister, So my only sibling on my dad's side, and I was having my son six months after my sister was born.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, wow, there you go.
Speaker 4: Do they hang out?
Speaker 17: No, they actually don't. I don't see that side anymore.
Speaker 12: There had quite a few age gaps in there, like my cousin, me, my cousin and my auntie were all like three months born apart. And then we have so my auntie has an older niece that's five years older than.
Speaker 2: All of us.
Speaker 3: Ye're right, because like Lauren, remember back in the day, you've been made a diagram. You know, I don't want my friend's hooking up with my brother match if they're hooking up with your uncle because he was the same age younger. Yeah, just.
Speaker 2: But it also could be like your dad's friends looking up with your sister.
Speaker 3: Depending on the age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's it just sounds weird. Yeah, oh that's just hit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your partner that's actually my dad.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: You know what, whatever works for you. Hey, thirteen twenty four to ten is our number. Right, we're going to come back and explain more. But gen z's have come out and they're rattled by landline phones, specifically the attachments. Teacher, you can ease.
Speaker 4: It's easy to see why use the.
Speaker 3: Old school landline phone where it's like that goes around. I'll tell you what didn't you? Would you guys change your presets on your home phone friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, it was sort of like your MySpace top five, Yes, smaller time for whoever your favorite.
Speaker 3: You put that little plastic thing off and change the names. Yep, we're going to come make a chat about it next, but fun little game thirteen twenty four to ten. Give us a call if you have a landline phone, who has a call us on the landline? And then what we're going to do people still using them. And what we'll do is our producers are going to get two people up on mobiles and put them in the mix. And on the other side of this, we need to work out mobile or landline because some of the mobile lines are bloody clear these days.
Speaker 2: Well, surely a landline is clearer.
Speaker 4: Line you would like?
Speaker 2: Officers have to people still work in offices.
Speaker 3: We're in an office.
Speaker 4: I've got a desk phone at channel nine which rings non stop one on there.
Speaker 2: Do you have all of those ones that you twist?
Speaker 3: Anyone I know that would have a landline at home and to be clinched ant, I've got.
Speaker 2: It boxtel box too.
Speaker 4: I know I've got a phone number. I don't know I've got a phone connected to it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to buy your phone for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Third, No, you called this one please?
Speaker 3: Thirty twenty four ten is our number? Ah, the cordless phone. Wasn't that a revelation? Thirty twenty four ten, do you have a landline phone? We're going to play landline or mobile next on Novar. This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jason Lauren coming up this morning at your chance to win five thousand dollars cash?
Speaker 4: Can I interrupt? I am, I've got a word for it.
Speaker 2: I am sounded flamixed, very strangest thing, very nice.
Speaker 3: Okay, Like, look, we all have very different lives, very different. You've got Stockholm syndrome. You're at channel nine.
Speaker 2: A lot, you've got Stockholm syndrome.
Speaker 3: You don't leave your house exactly, and Las you're ut being social. And today Clint's got a day off and I just see him passing in the song. Should we go do something socially together?
Speaker 4: Should we hang out?
Speaker 2: And I said, that's weiring me out? And then what did you suggest?
Speaker 10: Jos go curting to spending something?
Speaker 3: Where do you want to go fishing? Take your fishing? Let's tick off for that? Surely indoor go cutting?
Speaker 4: Is it? I don't even know how Yeah.
Speaker 2: You will find No, it's not fishing weather. I mean I love you to to go go cutting, and I'd love to hear about it tomorrow, but I guarantee you it will not happen. There's one in people think there's one not far from our station in South Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Guys, haven't you seen the Murray car? Go cutting in Melbourne?
Speaker 4: There is more chance of you and I are going for a pedicure and there is go cuttings?
Speaker 3: Should we should we.
Speaker 4: Get a pedicure in South Belle?
Speaker 3: But no judging each other's hooves?
Speaker 2: All right, that's that's funny massage together. That's real romance kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is out number. We're just talking gen zs. There was an article floating around about they are shook by the wall socket of the phones that we grew up using. Yeah, like the big, the big with the They're like, what the hell.
Speaker 2: Is because most new houses don't have them in it?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh mate?
Speaker 2: You know what you build a house now, you wouldn't put that hang on.
Speaker 4: You're talking about that where you've got to put your finger in the in the number and it goes.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no no. The socket where you plug the orange thing into the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, down in the skirting board.
Speaker 3: Usually yes, mate, now it's recording. Nowadays the powerpoints have like USB sockets in them and everything are.
Speaker 4: Yeah I know.
Speaker 2: But even now you're like, oh, there's a PowerPoint with the USB and you're like, oh, it's too old. It needs to be a USB said changed again.
Speaker 3: I know, guys, who's up for a cheeky game of landline or mobile?
Speaker 4: I'm sure that people still have them.
Speaker 3: We have people listening to the show who have landlines at home.
Speaker 4: So if that's the case, they're listening to the wireless in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Don't But don't you get a landline with your.
Speaker 4: What fox tails? Do you actually do? I've got a phone number, Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: I think I've got a phone number two from like my Telstra and the home Internet and my mobile phone, and they automatically gave me a home phone number. But I don't even have a plug.
Speaker 4: Your fax machine in Lauren, remember that noise?
Speaker 3: Imagine oh yeah, I'd pick up the phone just to be like, I get up. Here's the internet. Imagine Clint picking up on a night out and the girl going can I get your number?
Speaker 4: And you're like, yeah, I think I'm a nine four two zero. I do have a business card though. That'd be evenoiles, wouldn't it, Yeah?
Speaker 3: Would Okay, all right, here's the go guys. We're about to listen to the caller's quality. We need to pick mobile or home phone.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to the quality.
Speaker 3: Who's first, taller? Hi, good morning, Paula. How are you today?
Speaker 6: I'm very well?
Speaker 15: How are you?
Speaker 3: That is clear?
Speaker 2: Paula? Can I ask how long have you lived in the home that you live in? Now?
Speaker 9: I'm actually in the office right, This could be.
Speaker 4: You're in hang on, you're at work or you're in the home office.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, I'm at work.
Speaker 9: My husband did not shift last night, so I clear out real early.
Speaker 2: I reckon. You're on a landline.
Speaker 4: Look, it's very What do you do for a job, paul.
Speaker 17: I'm a financial planner?
Speaker 2: Definitely landline finance people.
Speaker 3: Exactly. Okay, we're locking. We're locking in line. Is it a landline?
Speaker 6: It is a landline. But I don't have a radio.
Speaker 3: That's right, It's very clear, isn't it. Let's go to mill Park. Hello Julie, Hello mobile, Julie.
Speaker 2: Julie, how old are you? If you don't mind me asking.
Speaker 3: Listen to the quality. That's that's it. We're locking in mobile.
Speaker 4: You're in the Burnley Tunnel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is it a mobile?
Speaker 18: It's the landline?
Speaker 12: Oh what wow?
Speaker 2: You need to get the tel technicians out there, Julie.
Speaker 4: Do you still have a landline?
Speaker 3: They will be there between the hours of one and nine jewels.
Speaker 18: Well, my daughter who is thirteen, yeah, still doesn't have a mobile phone. Okay, so with when she gets home, she can call me when she gets home, okay, and pretty much still pull me on the landline.
Speaker 2: It's the grandparents that happened to min Nana marg I still call the landline and she chances.
Speaker 3: Do you know what's cool? You know phone phone boots around town. They're free now, totally free, so you don't need to.
Speaker 4: Do the reverse charge thing.
Speaker 3: It's Jase hit one, Mum, it's Jay's hit one. No, no, no, totally free. You can call the mobile from there, is sure ond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think that's I think you call a mobile or a landline.
Speaker 3: The mobile I used it the other day.
Speaker 4: What it used to cost forty cents? You had to put the two twenty sevens? Yes?
Speaker 2: What about what about when your friends mobile phones are all prepaid and someone would prank you, so you call them back and you had to pay.
Speaker 4: Yes, we've skirted over this. What did you use the pay?
Speaker 3: I was out walking with my son Archie, who's three, and he likes to play with the.
Speaker 4: So what you called yourself?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fine. Really tripped him out.
Speaker 2: I always feel like they're they're dirty those Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Don't you worry. I bathed him in hand sanitizing And let's go to Hiatt Angela, good morning.
Speaker 2: Hello, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hi here going Oh listen to that strong, clear voice. Yeah, Angela, what's height light this morning? What was mobile?
Speaker 4: It's mobile? Is it mobile? Angela?
Speaker 3: Mobile?
Speaker 17: And I love it?
Speaker 3: You're a landline?
Speaker 2: So what do you use the landline for?
Speaker 19: To call parents?
Speaker 17: There's only two people that call that landline. It's usually the parents and usually call.
Speaker 4: That the fish and chip shop down the Yes, you're ordering, you know what?
Speaker 3: Angel sounds like someone that would sit there with a mescado and just sit on that landline all afternoon on the phone of debut with the Giant.
Speaker 4: Call you if you.
Speaker 2: If you call the landline at my NaN's house, she always thinks it's a call center or a scammer, and she has just like this. She goes hello every single time, and I'm like, ho, Nan, it's me. She goes off. I thought you might have been a call center. I'm like, good onion, Nan, you would have really scared him off with that voice.
Speaker 4: Good tactic.
Speaker 3: Hello, all right, take one more?
Speaker 4: Okay, Antwinetta. Hello, what a beautiful name.
Speaker 3: Someone with a name like that.
Speaker 4: Whatever, An, we think you're more awesome, So thank you. Hang on, So where are you right now?
Speaker 10: Impesting?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is that home?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: You lived in that house for sixteen years. I'm going to say, someone with Antoinetta, I feel like you would have one of those fluffy protectors. Is over the toilet seat?
Speaker 14: No, no, I'm not that much of a w.
Speaker 3: I am, but I'm not so much of I'm locking in that. That's a lie, are we right?
Speaker 15: Yes, of course.
Speaker 1: Yes, you guys are really good.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You have a nice morning, though, Thank.
Speaker 15: You you too.
Speaker 3: The concrete.
Speaker 2: Just gone, I reckon, she's never renovated. That house has staid exactly the.
Speaker 3: Same, exactly the big lines on the gates. It is just gone five to eight. Well, good morning, Melbourne. Let's do it every day. We give you a chance to win five thousand dollars and today hopefully it is your turn, Sophie.
Speaker 4: Hello, oh the morning, Hello.
Speaker 17: Hello, hello, hello.
Speaker 3: Oh you're a blue bagger. You're taking on my pies tomorrow night. Do you have a chance?
Speaker 15: In hell?
Speaker 14: I hate the pies so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you know what's going to happen. Should they sack the coach?
Speaker 14: So hey, No, it's not the coaches, it's the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, that's.
Speaker 2: Right, thank you, sophe. Hey. So if it says he you work in waste collection for animals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was exactly?
Speaker 2: Does that mean?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 14: I shouldn't have said it like that, I said, the worst part of the job.
Speaker 8: I worked for the council doing like picking up hard rubbish and stuff. But there are a lot of changaroos in the country as you're not right?
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha? Are you allowed to keep like you know if you no, no no no no, like if you know picking up an old couch on curbside collection?
Speaker 4: Can you keep it?
Speaker 8: Actually have three kangaroos in my backyard, so I asked about the couch.
Speaker 3: Okay, play for five k All right, Sophie. Rules are simple. You will hear a question you will hear a three to two one, you have to answer in that time, Okay, all right. I would say today's five thousand dollars question is guessable.
Speaker 2: All right, yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, it's straight away guess for five thousand dollars, you've got to get in before the buzz up.
Speaker 8: Two thousand two.
Speaker 3: No, no, much earlier than that. Nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: I don't what South that way off? Sorry, apartment, they're pretty, they're pretty naughty.
Speaker 3: This watch now, I was the Simpsons. Boy, it wasn't for me.
Speaker 2: I was We're a Simpsons family. But I tried to watch South Park a couple of times and then my parents banned me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my three year old loves it. Hey, it's You're on nineteen pasted eight.
Speaker 4: Kenny County.
Speaker 3: On the other side of this, I would like to pay tribute to some special people in our life. We're going to go there after Miley, guys.
Speaker 4: Its certainly been I think it's safe to say a really heavy couple of news days with what's been an awful scandal engulfing the childcare sector. And look, we want to be very mindful of who might be in the cars, right now, so we're not going to dive into it, but Jace, you had a really good idea, thanks mate, something that I think is really important to do right now. Looks absolutely It's all we were.
Speaker 3: Talking about in our house yesterday. And we actually had someone come over and look after one of the boys yesterday afternoon who we've known for years, Zoe, who's a babysitter of ours and she works as a nanny and stuff, and I could see she was rattled yesterday. And I know her dad, Bernie, who is a swim teacher for young kids, and I know he was rattled, and I just, I just really my heart broke for anyone who works in early childhood education, nanny ing, daycare centers that just love their job, worked their butt off and exactly and very proudly look after our kids, because you know, there was such a dark cloud over the industry yesterday and I just felt for those people who, you know, we spoke to someone yesterday who was in early childhood educator and they were like, oh, you know, I'm feeling pretty down and embarrassed to go to work tonight. It's like, no, you shouldn't. What you do it is a thankless job. You know, you've got such an impact on our kids, and we have been so lucky.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of educators out there really hurting.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and loss. You know, we've we've been so lucky that like we've kept in touch with a lot of you know, kindergarten teachers from our best few boys, Heather and Karen, I just want to do a shout out to them. The kindergarten my youngest goes to. All three boys have gone there, and all three boys have been taught by those too. Later. That's great and it's like seeing an auntie, like they're part of the family. And I just want to say to the people look after our kids. Heather, Karen, Zoe and Aaron. You know, you guys are part of our family. You do a fantastic job, and I love the influence that you guys have on our kids. I really do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been it's been a hideous, hideous week and it's it's there's been a lot of things that have been really tough to talk about, tough to get our heads around. I think we all agree that the system has failed many many people in this circumstance. But like you said, Jason, there are a lot of extraordinary, wonderful kind educators out there who we think we should get around so you know what, and tell them how grateful we are.
Speaker 3: So thanks exactly so this morning, rather than focusing on the dark part of this story, let celebrate those people that have made huge impacts on our kids' lives. Thirteen twenty four ten. Would you like to do a shout out to your kid's childcare teacher? Babysit?
Speaker 4: I mean, as you say, there are so many people in the industry who are hurting right now. Yeah, so let's let's flip the script for a morning and let's say thank you to the important people in the industry who make your children's life everything.
Speaker 3: Okay. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. What's great about them? Give them a shout out? Say thanks. You know, like my guys, my three kids are like mini meats.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The fact that these ladies have to deal with that hats on, you know what. I mean, We love our early educators and we want to say thanks. Thirteen twenty fourteen. If you want to do a little shout out, do you guys remember.
Speaker 4: Your absolutely absolutely My first KINDI teacher was missus picture oh yes, missus picture at apple Tree Hill Preschool in g and Way and Tom Steinfort from the news actually really shared the same kinder teacher.
Speaker 3: So good and bad appen? What was that?
Speaker 2: I went to the rival kinder I think it was in the same suburb as Clint, but I was tally Ho and it was I loved it, and my brother and I went there, and all a lot of our friends that I ended up going to school with went there as well, and they were amazing, amazing young teachers.
Speaker 3: I remember, like, these people have kids in there right like the other day. It was like a Friday, And I left Archie's lunchbox at KINDI and Karen rang and I'm like, I'm already home. She doesn't know why, as I'll wash it up for it. It'll be already when you come here on Monday. And it's like, you know what, you got enough crap going on with your small things. It's the small things, mate. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number if you want to do a shout out. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. After a heavy couple of days harrowing with the tragic news that's come out regarding what's been going on in child care here in Melbourne, which we don't want to get into because we are very conscious of you know, you've got kids in the car. But this morning we just want to shine a light and celebrate those amazing early childcare careers and workers and babysitters and aftercare workers that have made an impact on your or your kid's life. Thirteen twenty four ten to give a shout out, let's go to the phone.
Speaker 2: Who we got was Yes in Footscrade, good morning, good morning team.
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 3: We are great?
Speaker 2: We're great. You'd like to give a shout out to someone special?
Speaker 15: Absolutely so.
Speaker 19: As a two family working units, we have had twelve years of wonderful, nurturing, loving experience at Beautiful brand Bial Children Centering Foot Grade three of our children. We are sort of clocking twelve years of daycare service with all three children, most of which have looked after all three of my children from the baby room and tuddles and cots to the kinder experience where they're learning and thriving. And yeah, we feel really say supported and loved these wonderful cares, of which have come to birthday parties, some of which we've gone to their wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's cool. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they become like family, don't they.
Speaker 16: Absolutely.
Speaker 19: I mean we had our third child during COVID and you know we were having educators checking in, stopping off gom you know, just trying to be supportive, dropping off you know, care packages and so that we've been part of their lives.
Speaker 4: And you sound a bit emotional.
Speaker 19: It's pretty sad, you know what's going on. And we've obviously sheltered our children.
Speaker 4: It's not a.
Speaker 19: Conversation we're having with them, but we know there are lots of great people in this history. It's very undervalued and under.
Speaker 3: Resource, generally underpaid as well paid.
Speaker 19: Yeah, so you know, heads up to everyone in the community and yeah we love our center and a quick one to Jobson's Kinder where our child also goes. But thank you for for you know, having this moment for people to kind of beautiful.
Speaker 3: Hopefully a plug gets your discount on the fourth if you have another one. Yeah, this count thirteen twenty four ten is our number. If you want to give a shout out on the air, just go on twenty five to nine. Walk the moon. Shut up and dad, it's good morning Melbourne. This is no Ober one hundred. Now number is thirteen twenty four ten. I'm loving we're doing this. Over the last couple of days, there's been some harrowing news coming out regarding the child care industry here in Melbourne. We're not diving into that at the moment because we are conscious of kids in the car, but we are celebrating those amazing people who work in that industry who've had such huge impacts on our kids' lives. Amy is in Hampton Park. Who do you want to give a shout out to.
Speaker 9: I want to give a shout out to Learning Letters in Cranberry.
Speaker 17: They're amazing.
Speaker 9: I was just saying to one of the gentlemen. As soon as you walk in the door, they know exactly who you are, so which child. Then they always ask you how you're going, and they really.
Speaker 3: Mean me to welcome you know, that's such a good point. I forget my kid's name. Sometimes they have to remember everyone.
Speaker 9: They know, every parent, every styles. I'm a first home month, so picking days it was hard, but when I went there, i had away it was really hard. And then when you found that environment and everyone's so loving and so welcoming and teachers are amazing.
Speaker 3: There also, like you think about it, like we sit there amy every now and then. I've been known to whinge about how chaotic it is.
Speaker 2: That come out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: No, no, Laura all day every day me or them working.
Speaker 2: Wow, let's go to Alex Anddrew and good morning, there's an educator you'd like to get around this morning.
Speaker 8: Oh this certainly is look gaily from packing them consolidated school before and after school care. It's just the best ever as a single pair. And I was working in operating theater in Melbourne. My kids were right, some great spreads before and after every single day, very long days. And she was like their second mom. They even still refer to her now as their second mom. And they're in year nine and care now.
Speaker 3: I love that after The people that run the aftercare are gyms.
Speaker 4: It's just so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before and after school care kid, I loved it. I loved the educators that looked after us after school.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Bree in Mount Eliza, good morning go. Have you got some special childcare workers in your life that you like to give a shout out to?
Speaker 8: Yes, they do so.
Speaker 14: I have two male educators that work at Guardian Mount Eliza Nathan and Razzie. Razzie is our three year old kindergarten teacher, and Nathan is a wonderful educator.
Speaker 17: They are amazing.
Speaker 16: They always give their children high.
Speaker 14: Fium know that my name.
Speaker 4: They are just a mainly educated Oh they sound so special and special to your family obviously. How much have they done for your kids?
Speaker 14: A lot? So I'm the first time mom and my daughter and I just want this to go there basing you.
Speaker 3: Know what break It would have been a very hard day for them hard. I was going to say it would have been incredibly hard day for them yesterday rocking up at work. But hopefully this morning they can hear this and hold their head up quite high.
Speaker 14: Definitely and all male educated in Australia, you are basic.
Speaker 4: We love your good on you mate so.
Speaker 2: Well said, Yeah, it's it's so. It's so nice to remind our teachers and daycare work is just how much gratitude there is out there for you, because you know, when things like this happen a lot of people feel like it tarnishes a whole industry. And there's so many wonderful, exactly mind generous, beautiful gentle people working in the in the childcare.
Speaker 3: Sector, Samantha and chram Down. Do you want to give a shout out to one this morning?
Speaker 6: Yes, I do, Hope Early Learning Center in carab Down Yep. I also used to work for the company as well. My son has really bad separation anxiety and so been at that center. It's been amazing. They've been so supportive, so nurturing towards him and myself, allowing him to be comfortable.
Speaker 2: Where he is.
Speaker 6: Absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: It's the small things, isn't it. Sam, Like, I know there's been times we've dropped Archie off and you know, you leave and they're crying, and you're going on about your day and you just feel you feel crap, and then all of a sudden you get a phone call from one of them and it's like, Hey, it's Karen here at the KINDI just want to let you know he's in a great mood. He's playing have a great day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And with working in the industry as well, parents love to get phone calls about how their children's days are going, if it's even just for an orientation.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I just yeah.
Speaker 6: I can't thank the girls enough.
Speaker 3: Well done, Sam, Well, I get to share in Sam there's moments with those kids.
Speaker 2: As well, and there's so much pressure put on a lot of like daycare drop offs. It's hard to parents when they drop their children off as well. And these incredible people are also comforting mom and dad as they're dropping their children off and telling them that it's going to be okay. And you wear the weight of that as well. So a huge shout out to all of the teachers, childcare workers, child educators out there. We are thinking of you.
Speaker 3: And the acting they have to pretend every bit of our is incredible and sometimes it's not, you know.
Speaker 4: Miracle workers.
Speaker 3: Hats off to you guys. You should be extremely proud of what you do. And I'll be half of us all.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: We're both kids. God can and hold them for they are coming.
Speaker 1: Only one thing can stop these rabid children from ruining us all.
Speaker 4: It's Jason Lawrence. School holidays saviors.
Speaker 3: All right across Melbourne. Good morning. We are heading into the school holidays, so we are here to save you Melbourne. We know things are costly, so we're off lating tickets to different events every single day. Today's a Goodie family passes to gun By World Lozzi. Remember we took it over at the end of last year. It was incredible. Gum By Our Wildfest is the ultimate school holiday celebration packed with all things wild. You can visit gun By World Theme Park for more info. Now here's the catch today. To score a family pass thirteen twenty four ten, you just have to ask us like you're on a roller coaster, so it needs to be like, hey you, Jasononi Glin, can I have a family bars.
Speaker 2: I want to go to Gumby w.
Speaker 3: That easy. Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number to win your family passes to gun By World. We are your school holiday saviors. You're on the air, which Jason Lauren Clint's here as well. We're doing it. Thanks so mates to shall Ready Express. Still a little cloudy out there.
Speaker 4: It's a fair day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's hard to tell with the tin.
Speaker 4: It is hard to tell with the tint, but it's sort of like it's one of those days that doesn't really.
Speaker 3: Know what it is.
Speaker 4: Yes, could go either work, go either way.
Speaker 3: Still more rain coming down from Sydney.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that cyclone bomb.
Speaker 3: It's anything good come from Sydney in Melbourne. Not really Okay, we're both kids, but can it held them for they're coming.
Speaker 1: Only one thing can stop these rabid children from ruining us all. It's Jason Lawrence school holidays.
Speaker 3: Save ye got some news last night?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, go on? What it's school holidays are going longer? Nom? What your wife is going on a holiday?
Speaker 3: No, we've got family and the kids coming to visit.
Speaker 4: How many more?
Speaker 3: Too more?
Speaker 4: Too more? How are you gonna move them all?
Speaker 3: I don't know, some sort of forklift or.
Speaker 4: I think rabbit is a really strong word. Are your kid's rabbit?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna need more detail.
Speaker 4: Well, in the in the opening there it was we refer to the children as rabbit.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That's a little harsh, isn't it. Aren't they all angels?
Speaker 3: Oh, come on over for an Houriday, come over for an hour? Clint Ay thirteen twenty four to ten. We are trying to help you out Melbourne for school holidays. We know things are expensive. We know it's going to be activity to activity, So we've got family passes to come by a world go by our Wildfest, the ultimate school holiday celebration pack with all things wild. Visit gun By World Theme Park for more. What I love bu bye, Well, they've got the rides, they got the water park in summer, they've got all the animals. It is awesome. And to win a family pass, all you have to do is talk to us like you're on a roller coaster.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when I did the news from the roller?
Speaker 3: Yes, good money. Let's go to Sophie and crambag. Good morning Sophie, Morning Sophie.
Speaker 6: Can I please thicke us to take my Instagram by work?
Speaker 4: I mean it came, it came good.
Speaker 2: Even Sophie was embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wasn't proud.
Speaker 3: Of Hang on, are your work at the moment, Sophie.
Speaker 2: I'm on my way right.
Speaker 3: Oh, if you're alone, put a bit of effort in how.
Speaker 2: Many kids you got a little a little more excitement.
Speaker 4: For how many of you got? How many of you got?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe she's on the teacups, guys, she might be on lazy River.
Speaker 3: We're going to give you two family passes. All right, that is all yours. Let's go to Temple Stow. Hello, Paul, you.
Speaker 4: Got to get that scene to.
Speaker 3: Wow. Family past coming your way, pol Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good on your pool. That's what we want.
Speaker 4: We got some got some kiddies.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 4: Hello, kids. So have we got here.
Speaker 13: Amabella Market?
Speaker 2: We want to go?
Speaker 3: Oh my god done. Family Past coming your way, kids.
Speaker 2: Thank you, they're excited.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a fund welcome fun drive out. Guys. Look up with the rollercoaster. Jenesis on it. Hey, Jennie, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I can't even understand what jenis is asking for.
Speaker 3: You can have it, Jane, Family Past coming your.
Speaker 6: Way, Thank you.
Speaker 4: Come by a world. Yeah, I assume that the water slides are an all around you.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no, I know that that part's parked for summer. But the great thing is is all easy ride section right. And then there's the wildlife.
Speaker 4: Of course, wildlife is awesome.
Speaker 3: I took the kids there. They threw a giant python around my kid's neck. Was great. Oh, we'll supervised.
Speaker 2: Some of the rides were too scary for me, though.
Speaker 4: I went on the all too scary. I went on them all.
Speaker 2: Actually, I've got a video of Jase coming off one and you were you like you're green to me, your face painted as well, but you were not.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: No, here's a.
Speaker 2: Tit shouldn't have had all those hot dogs exactly. Don't go to milkshakes.
Speaker 3: I don't go to the food plays before the roller coaster Life lessons kids.
Speaker 4: So that face paint that you had on was very difficult to get off.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's like Tallman's a scene in the bathroom. Oh god, it was like the jew Lux dog went in there and just and all the painters over the walls. God help the person went into the toilet afterwards. Hey, good luck to the Ruse tonight. It is a big night for that football club.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'd love to see an upset, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: One hundredth birthday, Yeah, I'd like to see the Rus win on their birthday celebration. We love Charlie.
Speaker 4: Big collection of past champions who are gathering to give North Melbourne a bit, including Dennis Pagan is going to be there, Premyship winning coach. The big likes of like Glenn Archer, Brent Boomer Harvey are going to be There's going to be great. I think Kerry is going. Yeah, I believe you'll be there.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, have a great day. They all do. The Lovely Meltrosena is in next. We will see you to wrap up the week for a special Friday show Tomorrow Friday. Bring it on, see that Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Lauren wake up feeling good. Follow them on the socials,