Speaker 1: We must try Melvin's Best.
Speaker 2: Potato edition, guys, Melbourne's Best.
Speaker 3: It's something we like to do every now and then on this show. Last time, the great debate was over Melbourne's best scrolls, and we all agreed that the winner was Lamaro.
Speaker 2: No No, no.
Speaker 4: Heart Bakes anyway, none of us. We all agreed to disagree on that.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's all pretty good.
Speaker 3: Today might be a different story. I remember last week in the news the biggest manufacturer of potato cakes here in Melbourne went belly up.
Speaker 5: Just a very sad day for Melbournian's.
Speaker 3: Really, we asked, where in Melbourne do you get the best potato cakes? We are about to find out. We have three of the best options ready to face off, and.
Speaker 2: We have three of the best judges.
Speaker 5: Yeah we do. Now here's the thing.
Speaker 4: When we did the debate over what the best scrolls were, we were all representing a brand because we all felt quite fierce about it.
Speaker 5: So even if yours was.
Speaker 4: Better than mine, I was never going to vote for yours because that's how I play.
Speaker 2: Which you admitted privately.
Speaker 5: No different. See two of these I never did.
Speaker 6: Two of these.
Speaker 3: I've tried in the wild I've tried Hunky Dory Hunky Dory South Melbourne. They're putting up their potato cake. And I've tried the spread Eagle Hotel in Richmond, right who do a in house homemade potato And then we have a wild card.
Speaker 4: We do the chicken salad shopping Gladstone Park. Now, we had a woman on whose boyfriend worked there and she was being an ambassador for the brand.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love the deal they come with though, if you're listening right now, eighty cents each or five or four bucks, because they say it's not about the size of the potato cake, it's what you do with them.
Speaker 2: What a time to be alive. You can get five potato cakes four.
Speaker 4: Does that mean they are each seventy five cents discount per potato cake if you buy them in a pack.
Speaker 3: Those little mini Dutch pancakes, they could be the size of that.
Speaker 4: We don't know yet, all right, No, So I like the ones at the storehouse so relatable, and they can serve them a caviar on top. They have not offered theirs in for breakfast taste.
Speaker 6: We don't have the caviar topped.
Speaker 1: Staff representing each Potatoka here and they are flying their.
Speaker 4: Chicken shop a chicken salad shown Glenson Park, have their own secret housemade chicken salt.
Speaker 5: Now I am a big fan of the Hunky Dory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: So they're also coming in and they're they're helping out the good Friday appeal as well.
Speaker 5: So they're good people.
Speaker 6: All right, bring in the potato cakes, let's go.
Speaker 5: All right, Eagle's been around for one hundred and fifty years.
Speaker 2: So stufre also anxious talking you guys.
Speaker 5: They're all sitting very separate. You're gonna fight out they're all come from.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, first up or do we just know?
Speaker 4: We don't know?
Speaker 5: No, it's blind.
Speaker 4: All eating the same one and then scoring. It's a blind taste test. Okay, so number one go to Aroma about it now, don't tell us.
Speaker 5: Till the end. It's got little herbs on it.
Speaker 6: And this is a home. This is an in house job.
Speaker 5: Oh god, that'slious.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely that's pretty good.
Speaker 6: It's got a twenty eight years of radio and this is what it comes down.
Speaker 5: It's got it's quite thick.
Speaker 6: Mm hm, you know what.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's so. It's got a fluffy interior as well.
Speaker 6: That'd be amazing when you hung up with a millionaire.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm giving up. Oh no, I'm not giving scores. I'm just going to remember that's thick, fluffy and delicious.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with the interior of it. Next, how soft is that?
Speaker 6: Next time?
Speaker 5: It is fluffy?
Speaker 2: Did you score me, clip?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 4: It's fluffy and delicious, but it adds some herbs, all right?
Speaker 3: Next one up, I would say, this looks a little bit more regulation manufactured, regular and size.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Now they're salting them themselves because the first one had thick, like rock salt.
Speaker 5: This is more fine salt.
Speaker 6: I would say, not as not as greasy this.
Speaker 5: One, yeah, definitely nice.
Speaker 6: Great here a little bit more manufactured, still into it?
Speaker 5: Oh oh god, oh my god. Salty.
Speaker 4: I'm just confirming. Then News put their own salt on these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we need to know because if no, no, our team have Okay, we've we've sold.
Speaker 5: That's quite good that one.
Speaker 6: Sorry, that's part still what do you think? Clip?
Speaker 5: Very salty?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Last, but not least, we are trying to find Melbourne's best potato cake. Oh yeah, see, I would say again, this one looks a little manufactured like it's it's.
Speaker 5: Not hand cart.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh oh that one's that's a good crunch you got on that.
Speaker 6: There's a different taste of this one.
Speaker 2: It's really salty as well.
Speaker 4: This is more chicken salty. Okay, I'm just saying between Look, I.
Speaker 3: Have a clear winner in my mind. Yeah, he's a clear winner in my mind.
Speaker 5: I think you're going to say number one. I don't know. It's between one and three for me.
Speaker 6: I'm voting the first one.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going okay, how do we do this picture?
Speaker 2: Wash it? Wash it down with a coffee.
Speaker 4: I need I need to superford it.
Speaker 6: Okay, we're on the little Gut for Melbourne's best potato cake.
Speaker 2: I really enjoyed number two.
Speaker 5: Oh that was my third favorite to their own.
Speaker 6: One vote one potato cake.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna have one more nibble of it.
Speaker 5: I don't know, yeah, I need another nibble.
Speaker 3: Yes, listening to the crunch, can I suggest not doing something? Don't look at the grease that has residue on the paper with the.
Speaker 6: Potatoic I haven't put them.
Speaker 5: I've got mine on plates because I'm not an animal.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm ready to go.
Speaker 5: No, we're all saying it at the same time.
Speaker 4: Our favorite is number one, two or three, but we're doing it three two, one three our favorite.
Speaker 6: Of one two, so go three to one, and then we say the number.
Speaker 5: One, two or three.
Speaker 6: Okay, I just can we we got blinds.
Speaker 2: I don't want these staff members looking at It's fine.
Speaker 6: It's fine. Three two, one, three one.
Speaker 5: One was a bit too greasy for me. One the pub, isn't it it is? I knew number is number three.
Speaker 3: That the chicken chop, the Spread Eagle Hotels in Richmond.
Speaker 6: No, the Spread Eagle Hotel in Richmond is taken out.
Speaker 5: I need a hone of number two in their own.
Speaker 3: Melbourne's best potato cake in our mind.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're all on the podium.
Speaker 4: Which is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they're all excellent.
Speaker 6: As they did.
Speaker 3: You know at my school for the sports carnival, everyone gets a participate.
Speaker 5: This would be a pub one.
Speaker 2: Can we just quickly just hear from the Spread Eagle.
Speaker 6: I know that he didn't want.
Speaker 4: To talk, even though you've just won the best potato cake in Melbourne, as voted by the three biggest food critics in the country.
Speaker 5: Shaking their heads.
Speaker 2: Well, I just really enjoyed the interior of that one. It was very fluffy and.
Speaker 6: It's very Chada Blaze. Yeah, they handcuffed, made in house.
Speaker 4: Even even the guy from the Spread Eagle doesn't.
Speaker 6: How do you know that you don't want to know? Apparently people.
Speaker 4: Apparently maybe too much potato, Sorry, too much potato potato cake?
Speaker 1: Can I tell you? The best deal of the day is Glad Gloods and Hanky Dorynkey Dory. Some fantastic work, Laurence Fish, Lawrence favorite.
Speaker 5: I got to get back into the Glodston Park. You can sellt.
Speaker 3: Melbourn's best potato cake. It is gone to Spread Eagle Hotel in Richmond. They've been for one hundred and fifty years. They've had time to get it right. Let's be honest.
Speaker 6: It's Melbourne's best wake up Feeling.
Speaker 4: Good of them on the socials. Yeah, I