Speaker 1: Apoche production.
Speaker 2: Looks back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mom? Podcast? We're on Instagram too, am I a Bad Mum? We are not yet on TikTok. However, our videos are going mighty well on TikTok.
Speaker 1: Did you Yeah? I was gonna say so, did you end up posting the cat one?
Speaker 3: Because I got a hell of a lot of feedback on our last episode that went up on our video about my dead cat getting dug.
Speaker 2: Up more than once by your dogs.
Speaker 3: By the dogs until the third time started chewing on the towel, which then meant Sam disposed of the body in the bin and there he goes, my little pussy cat. It's fucked up, Katie, but a hell of a lot of feedback.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are lulling at it. Yeah, so that's a positive.
Speaker 2: Chewing on the table for me.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 2: No, I did not put that on TikTok because our last one I put on TikTok, which was the one where we talked about you taking your kids to the Gracie Abrams concept.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and the.
Speaker 2: Twenty year old behind you being very vocal about not wanting kids to be at the concerts and be at the concert. Now, this particular video, rach I said about fifteen thousand views on TikTok. When I say fifteen thousand views on TikTok, I've got like sixty followers. I've got like no followers on TikTok. Yeah, I don't know how the algorithm works, but somehow this video is getting around and the.
Speaker 1: Comments why really interesting? Well, I think it was the anti bullying protection I got.
Speaker 2: I got.
Speaker 1: I got that got me because I don't understand TikTok.
Speaker 3: So when you send me a screenshot of that, I was like, bay, oh my gosh, it gets heated.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I got from TikTok. I'm just having a look at it now, an anti bullying protection for this video.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Some people are like, yeap, I completely get it.
Speaker 3: Other people are like, no, you're privileged parents that think you should get whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Kind is that what it was? Yeah? Like and not.
Speaker 2: On TikTok, A lot of the comments are kids shouldn't go to concerts, they ruin it, blah blah blah. And then they're like arguing with each other.
Speaker 3: Are they literally like kids arguing their point of other kids not being allowed to be there? Like when I say kids, like their demographic is within that twenty to twenty five year old sort of bracket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'd say all of that age group are saying kids shouldn't be at concerts, and then the argument from other people is why shouldn't they yet.
Speaker 1: What's the difference? Go to Katy Perry.
Speaker 3: Go to Katy Perry, like how many people would have had their kids at Katy Perry. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, one of the comments that I made bad. I haven't room back to all of them. Every time I go in there. There's like a whole nother leg You.
Speaker 1: Get any other followers from it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I wrote back to one saying it was Gracie Abrams, it was very PG. It wasn't Snoop Dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably, Yeah, I mean i'd consider Snoop Dog. I mean if they're a fan. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I guess in summary, we are kind of on TikTok, but we are well getting slammed.
Speaker 1: Let it. What was your reply to me?
Speaker 3: I said, oh, I don't know, will I get int the lie by cat ladies? And you said, oh, well, any press is good, any press is good press. Take her down, let her go, let us send her out to the wall.
Speaker 2: Am I about mum for being really tight?
Speaker 3: We had a very quick discussion around this before we start, and your girls are a different age.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, I think everyone should be some form of education towards their kids around not having the availability of funds as they wish at their disposal.
Speaker 2: It's a really hard one I think for everyone weighing up that turn the light off electricitism. Yeah, free kind of thing. Get out the shower, you've been in there so long before paying at that water?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But also going if I'm on my deathbed, am I looking back going I wish she'd have switched the heating off because the electricity bill was expensive?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or am I going let's enjoy life because it's short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: And it's also such a hard one in going teaching kids the value of money and going, oh no, don't get that one. Get that one, it's on special or whatever.
Speaker 3: It might be the only way that they will learn that is with their own money, yeah, because they don't want to spend it.
Speaker 2: No. And one of the and a friend was telling me her and this with her it was a great thing. It was giving her a budget a certain amount of money and going, you're gonna buy your own toilet tries with this, Yeah, you to work out whether you pay extra or that. Yeah, but you've got to then scrimp on that and all that kind of stuff. So yeah, great idea. I still haven't implemented it, but I would like to. But my girls are at the stage where they will get Uber eats if we're not home or there's no food in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's probably food. I know your house, but there's probably food. Yeah, I'm sorry, but.
Speaker 2: I am the queen of making dinner out of nothing, like. I actually really pride myself on that. When they go there's nothing in the house, I'm like, let me have a look, ah, let me find anyway something out of that. But the situation that I find myself in often is Mum, can you give us the money back for that? Because they use their card and then they're down and you've got to pay for their dinner still, And so then I get texts and so this is how the text exchange went today with Holly, and she said, please pay me back for gyg and Uber eats. The other day I go, I just did GYG. I had already done Uber eats you paid back forty one dollars. It was forty two dollars almost like okay, now are we getting rid of? Like yeah, he's gone there, Now do I go there too? Like I'm really on the sync to that level. It was forty one dollars because you had a one dollar refund from Uber eats because your corn chips didn't turn up.
Speaker 1: Forty one dollars. Is this for one person? Or is this like feeding off family that's for two people?
Speaker 3: It's extensive twe I was like, ps, can't you just stick with your two minute noodles?
Speaker 2: Then she says, I need three more dollars because I'm missing it gez.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent taking the piss.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, first of all, I'm at work arguing over a dollar. You don't get that extra dollar you had the no and I'm like, oh Jesus, you're being so tight. Does it really matter? Yes, it does matter because I'm trying to teach her you don't go to woolies and they go your groceries. That's forty two dollars. Please, Oh I've only got forty one. I actually don't know what would happen in that situation. But what should happen is they should go, oh, no, sorry, it's forty two.
Speaker 3: You'll have to put one product back, so it's underneath forty one dollars that you do have. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it sounds petty, but I was like, I'm trying to teach her. Then she's then asking for three dollars for nothing just because she.
Speaker 1: Feels I know. But I was like, what's this three dollars about.
Speaker 2: I've gone from one extreme to the other, Rach, I've gone from arguing about a dollar to going, fuck it, give us three dollars. And I get these messages all the time, and I realized, I'm like, I'm spending all this time and I'm being super tight, being so tight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're not teaching them anything by just giving. No, if you just keep giving and giving and giving, you are not teaching them anything. And I totally respect where you're out of going. I bought them dinner, but like, how many Uber Eats deliveries of food do you have to pay for when they're just opting in not actually finding something in the fridge? Yes, where is this leniency gonna go of going? Look, hey, I don't mind covering dinner. But that does not give you a small gas board on Uber eats for the whole entire day and think I'm going to return your funds.
Speaker 2: No, especially with school holidays coming up.
Speaker 1: I just don't get that. Like I don't get it. I go you're taking the piece.
Speaker 2: So they have to ask permission to Uber eats.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If they don't ask for permission, they pay for it themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the rule.
Speaker 2: The rule now also is rage if you forget your lunchbox in school, because I've paid that food and you've made a lunch box and it's in the fridge if you forget it, or you don't make your lunchbox because you haven't had time or whatever the reason might be. Yeah, you can get food at school, but that's your money too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've paid for the.
Speaker 2: Lunch that was in the fridge that you should have remembered or you should have made. So that definitely happens. I am in a situt situation now where the girls are also doing tafe one day a week, Rach. Honestly, this is another battle, right. They've got a group of friends and literally the highlight of their day is they all chat about where they're going to go for lunch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where are they doing? Tathe are they in this South Bank? So then I g like, there's everything there.
Speaker 2: For a slap up Friday lunch Friday as well.
Speaker 1: Go to the pub, girls, whyted you to grab a bottle of bubbles? Way there? I'll fix it up and I'm not a part of it.
Speaker 2: At work with my lunch box.
Speaker 3: Lap slavings, I can make money to be able to give it to you while you're having a slap happy Friday lunch at Tay.
Speaker 2: I did say at one point I was like, you're gonna have to start taking your own lunch, yes, at some point. But then the other part of me is like, oh, they really love doing that, this little group of friends of where we go for lunch.
Speaker 3: That's totally fine. You can love it with your own money. Yeah, I'm like that with my girls. Now as soon as you walk past the Kingpin place with like that, Okay, come on, mom.
Speaker 1: It's just thirty dollars, just thirty dollars.
Speaker 2: Would you be paying if you had thirty dollars off your own money on you right now?
Speaker 3: With that?
Speaker 2: What you can spend it? One would I say to the girls all the time.
Speaker 3: What just thirty dollars, Like that is a lot of money, and you just think just thirty dollars. Their touch shop now costs nearly twenty bucks every Friday.
Speaker 2: Each Oh, don't even get me started. Don't even get me started down school bus. Don't get me started on school bus. Why so in Brisbane at the moment, yeah, fifty cents public transferort. Yeah so buses and trains, Yeah, fifty cents blows my mind. I don't know how they operate, but so good fifty cents yeah right, yeah. So why is the school bus six dollars each way? I know why?
Speaker 3: Because it gives them the privacy of only being in there with students and no one else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that is disgusting. That is disgusting if you're a bus company.
Speaker 3: Six dollars one way, yes, dollars to school, six dollars back, twelve dollars.
Speaker 1: I heard, like, there's other.
Speaker 3: Schools and they're like, I've got to pay four hundred and fifty dollars for the school bus.
Speaker 1: This term, just one term.
Speaker 3: I was like what I was like, for the amount of money you're paying for fees, those buses should be free.
Speaker 1: They paid for the buses forty five times over.
Speaker 2: That bus should be free yet on the public, but on the fifty cents, you can have fifty cents. Have your fifty cents.
Speaker 1: Here's your fifty cents when you're getting on board.
Speaker 2: Next time they get the school bus, you're going to get them to take fifty cents. Here's your fifty cents.
Speaker 1: Where's the Oh, I'm price matching.
Speaker 3: I am price matching. I'm sorry, that's it. Fifty cents. That's what the other bus takes.
Speaker 2: Don't eve. We started on price matching. I know we like to go off on a tangent on this podcast, but price matching now liquor land, Yeah, I said to them, is this a new thing? Yes, this is new this year we've started price matching. I went amazing, got down a bottle of moere. I was like, how much cheaper can I find this? I've gone online. Rache found it online online price, which I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be in Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, can't be online though, it has to be an in store price.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I did particular the place was fine with it fifty dollars online. I was like, perfect. So the mother he was like, yep, yeah, I can price maatch that. I went, great, I'll get two. I've got two bottles. He then said to old Love behind the counter. Yeah, yeah, she's price matching these. Old Lover's gone, okay, put the two bottles through. She went that sixty five dollars please, I went sure.
Speaker 1: I would have tapped. I would have tapped him. Run.
Speaker 2: I've walked out. I'm like, she's gonna get fired.
Speaker 3: She just can go to be like I'm tapping and running and I can't come back in this little land again.
Speaker 1: Now thirty dollars. That poor girl's got no job. I got two bottles of champagne for sixty one dollars. Like it.
Speaker 3: I would have been back in straight back in the door. You know what, My husband just dropped me a couple of hundred.
Speaker 1: I might take a box.
Speaker 2: How much you got out of the back, I'll take it all? Hello? Can I hire a mute