Speaker 1: We got getting the way morning every day.
Speaker 2: Adelaides, let's go to Brazil. Ah, yes, very good, so warm there too, beautiful.
Speaker 3: That's gonna say. It's all right.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm not really sure. But everything's so cheap, Yes it is.
Speaker 4: So this story got splid across our desk. It's pretty wild. A woman was in the equivalent of an uber. She has done something pretty shocking to avoid paying what's.
Speaker 3: Equivalent to two dollars forty five for.
Speaker 2: The fair one pound forty the fair was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so she's seen hurling herself out of the uber.
Speaker 3: In this footage, she throws the door.
Speaker 4: Open and she does kind of flack a sort of an army roll across the pavement and runs away.
Speaker 2: You can see to describe the vision, she would have lost a lot of skin. Oh yeah, so she didn't gracefully. It wasn't like a road run scene where she justed up a feet and sort of went along with it. She hit the turf in a bit of a slide and then all of a sudden you looking going, oh my gosh, that would have been Astralia, our thought skincraft sort of territory.
Speaker 3: Well, she was wearing a t shirt, so very strange.
Speaker 4: So apparently the uber driver said that they were going to get the police involved because she said, no, I don't have any cash, I can't pay. And as soon as she mentioned that the police were going to be involved, that's when she just threw herself out onto the pavement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get ready for this. Maybe we'll do this just afterada o'clock thirteen and twenty four to ten. The great lengths that you've gone to get yourself out of something, it could be anything. Maybe it's because you didn't want to pay for something as well, a lot of tired asses. I'll put my hand up for that as well. Yeah, some of the things that we've done at supermarkets and such, and also with taxis, I don't know if this is normal. Maybe I still do it. Maybe it's just because I never actually go out, but I live in Croydon, so from the city it's around about a twenty five dollar fare. The amount of times that I've walked from the city to home to avoid paying a twenty five dollars fare via taxi is really disturbing. Each and every time I explain that to my wife, she shakes her head calls me a tight ass. And says it's okay, it's okay, we can spare you twenty five dollars. But it's the principal. Yeah, it's the principal In the moment.
Speaker 3: I think I walked eight k's ones.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, see that's the thing. And you'd say to yourself, it's good for me. I'm burning off some galleries. But it's not safe drunkenly walking.
Speaker 5: Checked out Missus Adelaide's favorite way to awaken hazy night.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe a little bit of a tight ass like this Brazilian who jumped out of a moving car an uber fair to what was two dollars forty five Australians, Yeah, oh my very goodness. And result was this poor young lady very much scun herself. So it was probably worth a lot more than two dollars forty five in terms of medical bills. Thirteen and twenty four ten. What have you done to get yourself out of something? Tana from Ronella?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Good morning, Hazy, good morning mo. How are we they well?
Speaker 2: Tana? What's going on? Take us through? Your husband? Is he a bit of a tight ars? At doors?
Speaker 6: Susy very much?
Speaker 4: Is so?
Speaker 6: If we were in a small country town and we were two streets away. He had a few drinks. I'd already gone home. I was sleeping in bed, and he was like, no, I won't catch a cab. It's two streets five bucks. Save the money, and he thought, you know what, I'm confident I can cut through this baseball field and the paddock and just get home. So he climbed the ten foot cent and then he fell off the ten foot cent and boxed his chin, split it open. He was like, I'm a little bit tired now. He had himself a little bit of a nut and eventually walked home. We couldn't stop the bleeding, and I had to drive him to the hospital.
Speaker 7: He's like, no, no, no, I'll be fine.
Speaker 6: Fine ditches and a very good sleep at the hospital. Later he was feeling a little bit embarrassed, and I was like, hey, why didn't you just why didn't you just get a cab? Uber doesn't exist in this way, And he's just like, you know what, for the five bucks, I thought I'd saved myself the hats and I was like, well, look at what you did to us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was the place, heart was in the right place. I'm guessing you spent much more than five dollars at the hospital.
Speaker 6: Absolutely the overnight day, the stitches. You had to get it, like he needed the anesthetic, and oh man, it was just not a fun time. I couldn't. Oh very stressful at the time, and I couldn't stop the bleeding. It was my good TEA towel was used to like stop the bleeding, and I was trying to hold it and drive it at the same sign because he was still a little bit, a little bit drunk from the eventual event.
Speaker 2: Yes see that is perfect Thurday and twenty four ten. What have you done to get yourself out of something? It could be a man thing as well. Look, I feel like we're tight, but we're tight for the right reasons. Our hearts are in the right place. Thurday, twenty four ten, What have you done to get yourself out of something? Let's go to my heart's Good morning.
Speaker 6: Mel Hi, how are you?
Speaker 2: You came? Well? Take us through. What'd your brother do?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: My brother got asked out by a girl and didn't have the heart to tell her that he was an interest did so instead he told her that he was grounded.
Speaker 2: He was twenty at the comment that have been the biggest red flag from her of all time. Who gets grounded when they're twenty Yeah, she worked at the.
Speaker 1: Local supermarket, so it was about two months that mum had to keep the lieup saying he's still grounded. I won't let him out of the house. So, yeah, the poor girl, but he didn't have the heart to tell her.
Speaker 2: Start to wonder if he's locked in the basement or something therese from Ross Trevor, good.
Speaker 8: Morning, good morning, how are you good?
Speaker 2: Thanks? Take us through what happened when you were pregnant.
Speaker 8: So basically, my family were adamant that they wanted me to have a baby shower, and I cringe at those sorts of things, so I really didn't want to have one. Thirty six weeks pregnant. On the day of my baby shower, my daughter was born.
Speaker 2: Oh excellence, thank you goodness. See, you'd be very very happy that she's come nice and early. Good excuse.
Speaker 8: I think that sums up her personality from.
Speaker 3: Them on.
Speaker 2: That perfect third twenty fourteen, Please keep the calls coming. What have you done to get out of something? Some Disney on as tickets up for grabs. We've got we've got to get to Nicky next, we'll put it to you like this. What sort of sickness have you risked to get yourself out of something? Nicky's got a story for it. Let's go to Clarence Gardens. Good morning to you, Emma, Good morning. Take us through what'd you do? Gym membership? Yeah?
Speaker 7: So, back when I was a teenager and a little bit immature, I went with a friend and went through a sales pitch at a gym and accidentally signed up. I wasn't really in a steady job because I was at school, so I missed a few payments, and then when I got a letter in the mail saying I was defaulting, my mum cracked it and I had to write a letter to say that I was moving into state so that I couldn't fulfill the membership and I couldn't attend anymore.
Speaker 2: That's good, smile. So what so mum helped you pen this letter?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, she helped. And then she also lent me eighty bucks to you know, square up the bill, and then we sort of got out of.
Speaker 9: The rest of the year, which was good.
Speaker 2: That's perfect. Why can we not take ownership of these situations like it's just got to be something else instead of just being straight and coming through with it. Looking forward to this Nikki from Burton, what did you do to get out of a work event?
Speaker 9: So we had a huge work event that we were all kind of winging about that we didn't want to do. And someone had rocked up to works leading up to this event coughing and splattering and I just said, can you help me out? I need you to kiss me and lo and behold.
Speaker 7: I came down crooked for the event.
Speaker 9: My boss was not happy I got out of it.
Speaker 2: So how sick were you? And was it worth it? Because if you're trying to get yourself out of like a one night event, but then you sick for like a week, you probably question whether it's worth it.
Speaker 9: It was a bit of a I mean it was prior to COVID, so yeah, it was a bit of a few days that was a bit shonky, but it was totally worth it because this event was massive. But it was just like, nah, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: Where did you kiss them, Nikki?
Speaker 9: On the mouth?
Speaker 3: For like, wait, like at work or.
Speaker 10: Like you after work?
Speaker 2: Definitely on the mouth too. Definitely on the mouth. It wasn't a forehead kiss. I'm guessing Nicky. Congratulations you've won some Disney and Ice tickets. Yeah, this is the VIP as well. They're all yours, so good stuff. Congratulations and stop kissing people on the mouth to get out of things. I need to know, I need to know.
Speaker 5: I need to know.
Speaker 6: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what News today knows. What you need to.
Speaker 4: Know, what you need to know With Jody and as tragic scenes yesterday in the city a person started off the form from a building onto the pavement.
Speaker 2: This was outside t k W Barn restaurant, So this was sort of Sunday afternoon. Issue just started to hit the headlines the news services around six thirty that night. Hayden Nelson is the Sunrise correspondent is from seven years Adelaide as well. Hayden, good morning to you mates. First of all, can we get straight into a tell us what are the police said?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's so far the investigation is still in this really early stages. So police were here at you'd know the two kW Roots top bar on King Williams Street, really popular bar obviously were that incredible view of Adelaide over They were dusting to fingerprints here taking photos for evidence last night, well into the night last night. At this stage, we don't know whether this person or this man has plunged from the bar itself. We do know this building on the corner here of King William and North Terrace has a few tenants in it. But we do know that police really swarmed here about five o'clock yesterday when this body was found on the pavement here, and no doubt really distressing scenes for witnesses. You know, this is always a busy strip here. You know, there were fans making their way from Adelaide over to their cars from the four d's game last night, so to see a body on the pavement obviously very shocking, very distressing. But police had to bring in some sheets to shield it off to be able to collect their evidence so people couldn't see inside. But certainly at this stage they haven't been able to give us any insight as to what has caused this man to plunge from this building fatally and tragically. But they do know that this investigation easy in the early stages and they were here really well into last night, collecking all the evidence they could.
Speaker 2: Hayden, appreciate your time this morning, mates and of course all the latest on Sunrise and seven News, Adelaide's Afternoon Thanks Azy. Potentially kids, I'm seeing that on the way home from football. That's not jeez, you'd hope that hasn't really happened. But like I just said, the time and was there in terms of the football finishing and people going home. So yeah, that's not a good way to finish the Sunday. How about this? A man in the UK is already become paralyzed after sitting on the toilet for thirty minutes whilst using his phone. Everyone does this, by the way, I believe that everyone does this. Sometimes I do it for forty to forty five minutes. Prolonged sitting in a flexed lumbar position can reduce a spinal cord perfusion and compress critical nerves. In this case, the extended duration likely triggered spiral. I think it's eschemia or acute nerve compression, potentially leading to corder aquina syndrome. Not sure if that's a correct pronunciation, just set it with confidence. So this incident highlights the physiological risks of modern habits. Extended toilet use with poor posture can compair nerve function and blood flow. Limiting screen time on the toilets will protect your spine and neurological health, is what they're recommending. I'm not even kidding. Sometimes forty forty five minutes for me, really, because you just go down a worm holeful where it is. Sometimes you're working, sometimes you're just scrolling.
Speaker 3: Is this because you have kids?
Speaker 2: I think there's a bit of those. I'll put it out there, ladies and gentlemen. Is it worth coming paralyzed to get away from your kids for forty five minutes? This job, job, job, That is a good job. Monday morning joke off, No, Jody ODDI. So we've gone straight to the most top part of the top shelf, and that is Tom Wren.
Speaker 5: Get ready, they're hazy, good to be here. Yes, this I love this segment. Yeah, it's my favorite.
Speaker 2: It's your absolute favorite, and it has been for years now.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: All Right, three jokes? Who would like to go first? Produced?
Speaker 9: Molly?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 3: Okay? I got a footy joke?
Speaker 2: Yes, this is your sweet spot, by the way.
Speaker 3: I know, I love it. Okay.
Speaker 4: What's the difference between a firefighter and the West Coast Eagles?
Speaker 3: A firefighter can actually climb the ladder, aren't.
Speaker 2: Climbing any times? So I like that. That is good? Que really should we built up to your ones? Next? Oh you got okay? Yeah? Ready, and you could probably you could probably relate to me in this subject. I reckon sure joke, yeah my wife that and also the so my wife took off her brih whilst we were having a bit of an argument. It turns out it was a booby trap. Don't look me like that, you're a kid. Joke.
Speaker 5: That's a beauty so me next, Yes, please save the best for last year. Okay, So did you hear about the actor who fell through the floorboards? He was just going through a stage. It was as bad as anticipator, absolutely horrific. I'll just let myself out. I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know now.
Speaker 7: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 6: I need to know what to news today, to know this is what you need to know.
Speaker 2: What you need to know with Jody and as produced to male before we talk about the India crash and the soul survive and his story which is just ridiculous. Two kW there was a man who plunged his death yesterday. So this started doing the news rounds around about six ort of six thirty, so like a really really unfortunate, sad situation. Still no one percent in terms of the reasoning, but what we do know is that it happened around about the time that the football was finishing, so straight away it's right and the most prominent part of the city took ow. You just hope that there weren't children to see the incident unfold or even aftermath, because authority has got to as quick as they could. But still, yeah, we're not used to situations like this, and adelaide.
Speaker 4: Apparently there's already flowers at the site this morning.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it's just so sad.
Speaker 2: So sad India crash and one soul survivor. This is just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: How did he pull it off?
Speaker 2: Well, he has revealed how he pulled it off, So there was what over hundreds of people who unfortunately went down. He took us through the situation to get himself out. What is it?
Speaker 4: So? He said, I managed to unbuckle myself, use my leg to push through the opening and crawled out because he was seated right by the exit, which is great. He said, I don't know how I survived. I saw people dying in front of my eyes, the air hostesses and two people I saw right near me.
Speaker 3: I managed to walk out of the rubble.
Speaker 2: It feels like a movie. Yeah, one hundred percent feels like a movie. And Olbosh Josh was saying before, it's one of those things where he'll think about it for the rest of his life. His brother was next to him, so his brother was in eleven beat So then who booked the tickets? Do you know those questions you'll always ask yourself, like who booked the tickets? Who decided that he would get the window seat?
Speaker 4: But you never stick to what your book either. I'm with us, I'm always sitting on the window, doesn't matter if I'm.
Speaker 3: A or B or whatever it is. So yeah, I mean, the survivor's guilt would just eat away.
Speaker 2: And I wonder, like I imagine if his brother had said, no, you take the window seat, you can have it this time. Ah's all those sorts of questions unbelievable, hopefully. I mean, that was what the biggest playing tragedy.
Speaker 3: Ever, two hundred and forty two people lost their lives.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he lives to tell the tale. And it's an unbelievable type. This study has been done in regards to gen Z and some of the results have come out of this study a quite concerning when it comes to being an adult. It says that gen zetas are not prepared to take on adulting life. And I kind of get it. You're in this bracket, Producer Molly right on the edge eighteen to thirty. Yes, is gen Z. Despite gen Z staying at home longer than their predecessors, they feel like they're unprepared to manage household chores. Here's some stats for you. Seventy two percent of gen z Is feel burdened by adult responsibilities. At thirty percent have never moted a lawn.
Speaker 3: I've never done that. You've never mode a lawn now, I've never had lawn to mo.
Speaker 2: Well, it is a luxury, actually, but also the joy of freshly cut grass and finishing the lawn beautiful and then chuck a whippy snipper on the end. Ah, that is satisfaction. You guys are missing out. Twenty six percent have never paid all their own household bills.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good in that space.
Speaker 2: We have to do it to survive, don't you.
Speaker 3: But I remember the first time doing it, thinking how do I do it? I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I've done it for a long time. Is be still a thing? Accord to the study, have never prepared a full meal for weeks. Fifty one percent skip meals multiple times per week.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's a lot of people, not just the younger people. Thirty eight percent rely on takeaway just to get by. Thirty nine percent take their clothes to their parents to be washed. So that's an interesting one because if my parents were here, they're in New South bar was one hundred percent. I think I'd still live with my parents.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: As I approached the age of forty, you still do that, don't you.
Speaker 3: I do it a lot.
Speaker 4: There's just some things I don't understand how to wash certain fabrics. And my mum every time I take it there, she just does it perfectly, and she's too nice.
Speaker 3: She lives around the corner.
Speaker 2: But you do get the whole. Don't mix your reds in with your whites and things like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I get that. It's more dresses they just shrink or like certain things.
Speaker 3: It's a nightmare, but she'll take it.
Speaker 2: I completely understand that as well. Seventy percent of the study regret not learning more before moving out of home. Well, sometimes it feels like it's one of those situations where you just got to jump in the deep end and see what happens. Yeah, definitely, if you produce them more, you're probably going to shrink some clothes and turn those whites pink.
Speaker 3: How do you help