Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the podcast, guys. It's our first producer pod.
Speaker 2: Of the year. Strong right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, look, it's also worth worth mentioning that we're a little bit rusty and we might have already started the podcast but I deleted it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We it's a collective. It's a collective effort. Okay, let's steal quick roll call. Jizy, I'm here, Jenny here, Mayby here, Nate here.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, I'm Eron.
Speaker 4: Where are you from?
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 3: I'm from the Drive Show, Ricky, Lee, Tim and Joel. I'm a producer there.
Speaker 2: Why are you here? Yes?
Speaker 1: Question?
Speaker 3: Better question? Better question. I moved to Melbourne, so now you'll be hanging out with you guys. More excited, welcome, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: How fresh to Melbourne are you right now?
Speaker 3: I'm actually from Melbourne, so it's fresh as to babytty pretty fresh. I have been in Sydney for the past five years and then just obviously met you guys and was like, well.
Speaker 2: They have to hang out.
Speaker 1: Well it took you long enough.
Speaker 3: I know it took me a year. I am a huge Jasonauren fan. Actually I do catch up on the podcast.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 2: I do tune in.
Speaker 4: I do listen most actually you do sometimes. Yeah, I get a few emails sometimes.
Speaker 2: Favorite person from the behind the scenes team. Yes, good, great.
Speaker 3: Question, that is a good question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gen Z, I guess you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well we've fun nights together, you know, we have, and we have a few to come. Well gone, we can't talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, it's been pretty busy because obviously we finish up the show The lash Yer that we had, I gather around in Adelaide and we all had a lot of fun. We missed you, Mobi, you couldn't be there because you have to hold the fort back here.
Speaker 2: It's true. We had a lot of fun here.
Speaker 1: We had an awful time and Adelaide truly awful time.
Speaker 2: What was your highlight of Adelaide?
Speaker 1: Yeah, spending three errors in the lunge before a flight on the way back because we just mistimed it. And you know, we talk about that.
Speaker 4: So Nate stayed behind.
Speaker 2: Because stand by my decision.
Speaker 4: By the way, no I know, but I fully called Nate and I was like, where are you because he was supposed to meet us at the airport and he was already on the plane before we even got on.
Speaker 2: He does some broke plan something.
Speaker 5: So basically there was the match was start the Saturday night match was started at eight o'clock. Everyone was going to the airport at six, but the game started. Sorry, game start at seven. Flight left at eight fifty, but I thought I could still get the first half of the game that started at seven ten to then run to the airport, literally run through the airport, and I was first to board the flight, so I timed it perfectly.
Speaker 1: But you also made some of us bring your bags.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Jesse won.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my bag was fully checked in for me, so I just rolled straight through.
Speaker 2: It was perfect.
Speaker 4: It was a good play.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: I think I got to the airport at like six thirty. Jenny, you were there earlier.
Speaker 4: Than I was. Maybe I was not well on Saturday. I met Brody there, who also was asleep.
Speaker 2: But you so you got to the first time all weekend. You got to You.
Speaker 1: Got to the lounge an hour before I did. I was there like maybe an hour and a half before the flight, So I was like, let's say on time, you.
Speaker 2: Were there an era before me.
Speaker 1: But Brody was there in about two hours before you because he just wasn't having a great day. He needed to rest, so he thought that he should go to the airport to wait in the lounge and just you know, pass the time there and.
Speaker 2: The foovergeon might just put him on the early flight booked out. Yeah, the busiest.
Speaker 1: On the busiest weekend ever in Adelaide and let down.
Speaker 4: So yeah, he was in there for about six hours for a forty five minute Yeah, which is quite fun, Jenny said. When he got there, he had pancakes and then he had as to juce sidor and then he had like an the toasty and then he went back for seconds for about every single meal.
Speaker 2: That was there. Probably a couple of pints too. I'm sure. No, he didn't. He didn't stay it off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well I knew that I had to basically stay up until like three am on that Saturday. I'm sorry I didn't stay by the way, Yeah, coming back from coming back from adela and I was djaying on on Saturday night on Chapel Street, So I knew that if I a slept or be like fully sobered up, it wasn't going to do me any good. So just all through the day, All through the day, I was just making sure, I topped up the alcohol just just to keep just to keep it, just to keep me on track.
Speaker 2: And like in the lunge, that's great.
Speaker 1: At the forty that was fine. On the plane just at one, keep me going. And then Nate was also given it the big wood, being like, I'll come to your gig.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is great.
Speaker 1: If we bring people as well, this is going to make it pretty good. Because I didn't know whether or not the gig was going to be good. Like if it had been busy, it would have been fine to keep going until three am. But I got there and it was not busy.
Speaker 5: When I dropped you off, I looked inside the yeah I dropped him off, Well, I had my bag, so I had to go home and dropped him off.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't driving I'd been drinking situation.
Speaker 5: But then I looked in there and I was like, oh, poor Jazz is in for a long nighty hour. But when I did wake up from the flight, when we landed back in Melbourne, I was ready to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was out cold. The second I sat down and waved to you all.
Speaker 4: I was out.
Speaker 2: I did not have an inch of sleep.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to out the venue because it wasn't a great night, but it was on Chapel Street and it's it's a bar, so it's not necessarily a place that you go planning for a massive night. But the front windows of it all like slide back and fully open up the venue. Pretty sick.
Speaker 2: It's a nice venue.
Speaker 1: Were up until three for that. Venues quite wild, yes exactly. I think they're kind of building the night. Therefore, it's not it doesn't have the biggest reputation. It's not super popular for a night oad venue yet, but because all of the windows like slide back and it opens the venue. I was in there DJing and genuinely after the first thirty minutes there was like maybe four or five people having some drinks, but you know, they finished their night, they left and there wasn't anybody in there apart from one person.
Speaker 2: Like one can of a do no no.
Speaker 1: There was me and then there's an old dude who's just like you know, sitting in the corner looking a bit more as we were. But as I was playing and the windows were open, people were walking by on Chapel Street and it was Chapel Street was busy. It was busy, as we got the uber den the world's longest tuber, I forgot, Oh my god, Chapel Street was so busy you had to we had to divert the uber along it because it was so busy. And I was thinking, okay, like it might be it might be pretty good.
Speaker 2: The venue is dead.
Speaker 1: But as people were walking by the venue, you looking in these windows at me djaying to myself, they were looking in and laughing at they.
Speaker 2: Were looking at.
Speaker 1: There's lights and stuff going seeing nobody there, and they were genuinely looking in and laughing at it.
Speaker 2: There's nothing than one person in a big empty room. What is.
Speaker 1: Well, see, when you know there's no one to fill the floor, it doesn't matter what. So, like I'd asked the manager in the venue, like what is the vibe? Because it was my first time playing there and I knew that they're just setting up like a new night. He was like, oh, it's kind of whatever. It's you know, get the people on the dance floor. And I was like, well, you have to get the people in the venue. So when I knew that it was just going to be quiet, I was just playing, you know a bit of disco and stuff at the start, and then I was like, Okay, that's going to play some hip hop because if there is people, you know, walking by the street, and if they're at a loose end, if they hear ice Cube or whatever, they might, they might they might bump in.
Speaker 2: You know, you're not going to get the broad audience, so you're going niche in the hopes that you know you will book someone in.
Speaker 1: You've got an empty dance story. You really just have to entertain yourself. Because I was trying to stay awake myself. I think I did get another two points a thing, but by the by the time I was halfway through my second point.
Speaker 2: You know when you when you're just so full of alcohols, I just need a water. A red bull can't keep a train shot vibrating. Did from from from Adelaide Adventures. Did Clint make it to Ballei because he, for anyone that is not across it, he had a flight booked for six am, six am, six am, leaving after a very large night the night previously, so he would have had to be at the airport what like four He did he make it?
Speaker 3: He made it.
Speaker 2: He was in Bali by the time we all woke up. I think his car was booked to leave the hotel for twenty and we got there, were we all ninety We all left.
Speaker 1: The club at like three point fifty, so he would have just gotten home.
Speaker 2: Did he make it back to the hotel or did you just go all right?
Speaker 4: Yep, got his little luggage and.
Speaker 2: Well satchel straight to the airport. I don't know how you did it. That's that's wild.
Speaker 4: And yeah, we all we all want to brunch, but it was lunch because it was about one pm and clintfully in Bali at a pool and so jeous.
Speaker 1: Looked unreal while we were all trying to come back to life about.
Speaker 2: To go to another football match.
Speaker 1: At mid top fifteen, I think it started eight fifty shout out to me for the night the night?
Speaker 2: Can you shout yourself out? I'm just doing because jets shout to myself.
Speaker 6: That was because empty makes sense. I have made a request to myself to play some happy the shadow to the detail. No, because the night the night of our big night in Adelaide, which was the Friday night we had Obviously we'd been at the footy beforehand, we've been out for a night's lunch. But me and Nate had a good idea that we would go and buy some drinks so that after a night out that if you know, if we didn't want to finish up, that we'd have some alcohol to keep drinking.
Speaker 2: This is one of our greatest ideas. And we left when we were having a couple of pre drinks.
Speaker 4: I like.
Speaker 2: Six, I went to.
Speaker 4: Finally wash my clothes from that weekend.
Speaker 2: When I felt in my pocket it was a room key. I always do that.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to say that real quick.
Speaker 2: Well, I remember you're going back to Adelaide. This is we going to check into.
Speaker 3: Game.
Speaker 1: But we so, Nate and I left the pre drinks at like six, and we were like, we'll go and buy some drinks, bring them back, leave them in one of the rooms so that if we want to continue later on, we'll have some alcohol.
Speaker 2: Smart.
Speaker 1: Great, great decision, And we went to the local coals. We had a little photo shooting on the way because the sun.
Speaker 3: Was setting of the posted to his Instagram story with the rufous to solve the song.
Speaker 1: Probably yeah, probably Yeah, and bought one hundred dollars worth of booze.
Speaker 2: Not one drink was drunk that night.
Speaker 1: I might have dabbled in a couple okay, but then luckily we found we found a buyer for the alcohol. Well, I just thought I was going to have to say goodbye to the cash and say goodbye to the drink because we had to leave the next day. But luckily Mace Dog is from Adelaide. She had people who were like, we'll.
Speaker 2: Take ready to go, We'll take it wow.
Speaker 1: So we got the booze paid for and it went to a worthy home.
Speaker 5: There was another incident across the weekend when because we were all having a drinks, at one point in someone so tell room, my room, this is so good, and so people would just let it like people just keep going down to ground level.
Speaker 2: Let people back up.
Speaker 1: You had a lovely room, though you had you had an entertaining room.
Speaker 2: That key was mine.
Speaker 5: But I was still out one night and about six people were back in my room drinking chiraz, stunting who let them in?
Speaker 6: So I went to my room.
Speaker 4: I had a few people with me and I'm trying to open my door, but it just wasn't working. And I was like, hmmm, because I remember before pre drinks there was two keys on the table and I was like, which one's wine and which one's Nate anyway, so I must have got Nates. So we went to Nate's room. We partied there while he was gone until he got back. And while he was gone we had the little nova banner.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say little, it's pretty big.
Speaker 4: And we set up an over banner in the shower and Nate had no idea until the next morning.
Speaker 1: These are These are the promotional nuners. If you saw any of the photos from the show broadcasting and around there the big toill binners, the red ones that we you know, bring to etso broadcasts like this for some branding.
Speaker 4: And yet.
Speaker 5: Down really annoying to pack down the next morning, you know, really what I wanted to do before checking out.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't trust Ginny with the key to like you had Lauren's keys once and you're stuck into a room at like three in the morning.
Speaker 3: After again, and we were standing in the hallway and I could hear Lauren so confused, like who is in my room?
Speaker 1: I was tiding around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pattern here.
Speaker 4: She gives me a key in case, you know, I want to go home early and have a little sleep.
Speaker 2: Or is a bit too early? The next time.
Speaker 3: But as we were doing that, we were making lots of noise, and then down the hallway a little as something comes out of a room and it's Jason and he's like, oh, you guys still having fun?
Speaker 2: So did it did come in here? We got one of them.
Speaker 4: Mat.
Speaker 1: I'd like to mention as well. I think the funniest part about the Nova branding being set up in Nate's shower is that it was done when you weren't there, Nate, and when you eventually did get back to your room that night, and Jace told us. Jace told us this story the next day at the lunch brunch we're all half dead, and he said that the funniest text exchanged between you two happened. So Nate, whatever time he finished up, got back to his hotel room, and he knew that the that the bags of the banners should have been in his room because they come in a cute little travel case and there in the middle of my hallway, in the middle of your hallway with no banner in it, and they get in in whatever state you're in, you see the travel case and you, for some reason go to check it to make sure the equipment is there and you realize the banner is not there. First thing you do I think to text Jase is text in a blind panic.
Speaker 2: And say because so was me, Clint and Jase. But I didn't know you three had been there.
Speaker 1: So Nate text Jase, going, bro, someone has broken into my room and the weirdest thing ever, they have stolen the Nova banner. But they have left the travel case on. Freaking out what why would they have broken in? Why would they have sold the banner? Why would they have.
Speaker 2: And all the drinks are still in the fridge. Drinks still there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's plenty of other noise, jewelry and cologne that anyone who has broken into a hotel room could have stolen.
Speaker 4: Less than a minute later, it goes into the bathroom and he finds the banner.
Speaker 2: Any message, It's just all got founder WHOA.
Speaker 1: This has just given me the biggest fright because the thing is set up in the show. When Jason was telling the story the next day, I genuinely have not seen him laugh crying into his discussing pizza. It was the funniest thing ever. Good gets great idea to hide then in there.
Speaker 3: Can I just say it's awesome. You guys doing this podcast. On the last day of the break. Before we started, I was like, oh, have you been doing this all day over the break? Oh, well, you know we have done anything.
Speaker 1: No, we haven't done any but Lork it's because usually sometimes sometimes we're all around on the same days for survey break, probably long, but we have been working separate days.
Speaker 2: I was in here yesterday. We've been ships on the night. But also we've been slacked. We could have organized one and come in, but you know, it's naturally fallen before when we've all been like, oh, we're all in, let's do one. This time it got to this point we realized, oh, it didn't just happen this time. Literally, we should have made some dates. So sorry to all the body.
Speaker 1: Listeners, but it's been difficult. We'll do better next. Villin will Welby, here's your break. You're also eaching to get out of here, so extend this, extend this.
Speaker 2: Longer than we have. He's sitting down legs in front of him. I'm the only one. I'm the only one who's been here since you know, the morning to the usual breakfast hours. But no, you're doing normal breakfast hours. Yeah, I've been well. I've been working on the email media and helping them out this week, so work on but also the no the tapping the things because I need to get my car home so that my partner can use it later. You can do and you can say yeah, no, Survey Break has been great. It's been very relaxing for me, to be honest. So was it last week? What's been last week?
Speaker 1: We got a steak night in Oh yes, some of the previous producers back when we worked at the other station, we always used to go for.
Speaker 2: A steak night. I was going to say, I didn't even a creuse.
Speaker 1: We used to get to do it every second week because we all worked on the same show. But then half of the team moved to Nova and started working on Ben Leembel and Late Driving. With the Late Drive time slot, it doesn't allow for steak nights, so we managed to get one in.
Speaker 2: Correct, they've been relegated to Survey breaksteak nights now. It's been very nice. Little mona situation where no, we went to turf Bar in the city.
Speaker 1: We decided to go for a CBD stak night last week because given that.
Speaker 2: It was very very break.
Speaker 1: We're like, oh, we can go for a couple of beers and do something after if we so wish. We did so wish and we played some electronic darts.
Speaker 2: It's true, we went to the electronic darts. I thought we were going to say bingo for a second. We caught them just as Happy Hours finishing up, and so every every there was six five, four six, There was an amount of us.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's not that's the cold, and what's the cold?
Speaker 2: I that's it, I do. And so Happy Hour was six dollars beers and everybody bought a round of not five beers each. Sounds like it should be a vape.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeahs And then like that sounds like a vape.
Speaker 4: I get it.
Speaker 2: Yes, we really stocked up and then we had to finish them before they went cold.
Speaker 1: So we ended up ordering forty five beers we did, or forty five of us.
Speaker 2: We were five sixers each. Actually a question.
Speaker 3: About beer is I am a Melbourne born but I've been in Sydney for the past five years and i am a proud convert to a schooner. Is that becoming bigger here? Schooner sized.
Speaker 2: Convert to you converted from from a.
Speaker 3: Pint to a schooner, because a schooner is the perfect size.
Speaker 2: It depends where you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so in Queensland it goes hot as the smallest as the middle, and then a pint as the big one.
Speaker 2: Is that the same here unless you're an adelaide. Conversially, do you mean they've got imperial pints there? So you want to cook?
Speaker 5: If you want to pint, you're getting a schooner. Yes, if you want a pint pint you got to get an imperial pint.
Speaker 2: I ended up with a couple of schooners. Lads fume. I still drink them.
Speaker 5: But to your question, a scoon is the thing here? Again, they're a thing, but not everywhere does it. And if you order a schooner it's like, who's this guy?
Speaker 3: I'll start I'll start the trend.
Speaker 4: So you gotta.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could try it. You'll probably end up walking to bars and going I'll get a schooner and they'll go, look at you strange? You know, do you want to pint?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What I wanted to address that Moby was that. So we went for a steak night, then went to E Direts and had some beers. I went home after the Moby did not yea so please? And I wonder what and like what happened after the dites?
Speaker 2: So we went to the Hawker Yeah, on student night alcohol. That's a restaurant. I was like, this was Hawthorne Hotel next to Swinburne University on student nights.
Speaker 1: And I was a little bit because that's that's a spot where I don't think it does any more.
Speaker 2: But Scudder has to e jo there a couple of times. You the DJ who was playing it that night, and and I knew a few people there as well, Scudd. It was me, me, Scudder and Jack Lumberjack for those listeners of the party. I went mostly because it's pretty close to where I live, and I was like, yeah, i'll share the uber. Also i'd had a few and yeah, it was it was. It was interesting for me. I heard you last year before you even got there. I didn't okay, I I had to hold up the uber. It was terribly embarrassing. We were sitting waiting. I thought my phone had dropped out of my pocket because I got in the uber and you know how if you got the system, you do the pocket pack. Yeah, and you're like, okay, got my keys, got my phone. All right, I'm good to move to the next area without losing anything. I got on the uber, did the pocket pack, was like, I don't have my phone and I can you please wait here. I went back into the bar, I chicked where we were sitting up. I went back into went back into Ida. Oh no, it's not here. Okay, it's not out there. I went back to there, but it was like, guys, I don't know what to do. I lost my phone. Scudder rang it and it started ringing. It was in the car and falling out of my pocket as I got into it. And I'd wasted about ten minutes looking around the place for it, like an embarrassed and just the guy, the driver looked like he wanted to kill me. I was like, I'm so sorry, man. He was apologized with cash and I was like, journey anywhere. Well, Scudder prompted it. I think he was like. The driver was like nodded, just like that's how you'll apologize to me. I was like, I didn't have any cash either, so just kind of took it on the chin.
Speaker 1: I'll apologized with my words.
Speaker 2: Move the move. The conversation we got to Hawker and I nearly got bounced from the door. What are you doing? It was listen. I didn't do anything terribly embarrassing. I just was in I darts attire.
Speaker 1: Jack Orris gotta show the band series any videos of you playing dirts and you're technique.
Speaker 2: Is that to let you in? You keep your mouth shut, that's private.
Speaker 3: No, it was.
Speaker 2: It was my attire. I was addressed a little bit too casually, and he he saw you're blaming the atire at a unibar. Wasn't what he literally said, Look, mate, you're in lounge. Were aware.
Speaker 4: When we's like maybe.
Speaker 5: Maybe you're in sexy lounge, You're like, you're in lounge with mate.
Speaker 2: I'll let you in this time, but next time, no lounge wear. Four dollar beer. Uh yeah, I know it's like six six dollars like mixes and stuff. So but I stayed for wondering because I felt horribly out of place there and ter lounge was it pretty pumping in there. It was packed and pumping. It was going off and everybody looked like they're underage. Yeah yeah we were, yeah, shout up.
Speaker 1: I saw some I saw some videos of the queue for that same place on Tuesday this week and it's oh, is it still Uni Break? Is that line up holidays?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: Break usually does, but it's longer.
Speaker 1: I want to say, right, well, the queues are like down the street, but like hundreds and you'll d said, but I can't on a Tuesday because we've got the shell the next day.
Speaker 2: I have to roll straight in.
Speaker 1: You've done that a few times, yeah, and then stopped you. It's not good. It's not a good look, especially on a Wednesday. I'll let you do it, thank you, Jenny.
Speaker 2: You'll be there with me. I won't rock up, but you will. Yeah, all right, well I must all right, we almost go happy to revisit my embarrassments, thank you, Jesse, but I must be off.
Speaker 1: Always happy to bring it off, all right, any final words for any one.
Speaker 2: Show's back very soon. Sorry, we haven't done more of these producer parties for this. Break. Will do a better next time. Definitely blaming the Moby Moby as well. I'll blame myself. Well then