Speaker 1: Lord, this is Outsiders.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and welcome to Outsiders, the show that is to woke virt you signally and patronizing identity politics.
Speaker 1: What Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: Is to get into grips with the huge moral, ethical, legal, and scientific challenges of artificial intelligence. I think the first part of this issue that should be articulated is AI is.
Speaker 3: Kind of a fancy thing.
Speaker 1: It's first of all, it's two letters.
Speaker 3: It means the artificial intelligence.
Speaker 4: But ultimately what it is is it's about machine learning, and so the.
Speaker 1: Machine is taught.
Speaker 2: And part of the issue here is what information is going into the machine will then determine.
Speaker 3: And we can predict then if we.
Speaker 2: Think about what machine, what information.
Speaker 1: Is going in, what then will.
Speaker 2: Be produced in terms of decisions and opinions that may be made through that process.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: I think what the most powerful woman in the world meant to say was garbage in, garbage out. And hopefully America will be putting the garbage out on November the fifth later this year. But in the meantime, let's grab the latest Outsiders news.
Speaker 1: Well, Riga and James Peter Dutton played the.
Speaker 2: Card this week that I never thought he would do, which was naming those seven places where the nuclear reactors will be. In my opinion, it was a genius move. It has completely thrown the left, Labor and the Greens and the Teals into a quandary. They have no idea how to argue about this. I am tipping it now. I will say it now. I've been saying it free year. The Coalition will win the forthcoming election. And this was the trump card they played, RITA, do you agree with me?
Speaker 5: It is a big call one term PM with that.
Speaker 2: Don't worry, you'll all be making the call in a few months.
Speaker 1: Time, as you always do. I'm used to it.
Speaker 2: You take your time, by your time, but I'd called it anyway.
Speaker 1: Carry on.
Speaker 5: But it is a bold it's a brave move because it is a much easier politically to oppose a terrible idea like the race based referendum than to advocate for a good idea.
Speaker 3: And this is a very good idea for the country.
Speaker 5: But the rewards are not immediate, so you don't have that immediate gratification that politicians have come to depend upon.
Speaker 3: But it is necessary for this country.
Speaker 5: It's overdue and we're finally giving the Australian people enough respect to make some decisions about energy policy, about their cost of living crisis. This is a proper idea logical debate that needs to be had. When we had the Coalition at the last election embrace net zero thinking this is going to remove climate change from the equation, We're all the same.
Speaker 3: We can argue about other things.
Speaker 5: No, all it did was prevent the Coalition from actually advocating a position that where reliability and cost paramount, not just emissions. But with nuclear you've got zero emissions and reliability.
Speaker 3: Now the question is cost.
Speaker 5: I would argue you look at the experience overseas, you look at the cost of renewables, the new infrastructure you need to support it. So much of the information we are given is biased, It is ideologically driven. You saw that with a CSI or Report James, where there were such massive holes in it, such inconsistencies, such deliberate flaws that I think the Australian people deserve to be given the correct information and have them choose if they say no, we want to continue down the renewables path, we want to keep the nuclear band. It's not for us, fine, but at the moment we haven't given the Australian people that choice.
Speaker 6: Well, firstly, you were the first person to call Trump to win the election, weren't you, So you've.
Speaker 7: Got a good track record roll early.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 6: But Peter Dutton has transformed the election. I mean he's gone from mister no. And that was the big accusation against Dutton, right he just says no to everything to now he's the one with the vision and Anthony Albanzi is the one saying no, and Anthony Alberaneze is saying no to technology, and he's saying no to the cleanest form of energy generation. It was genius by Dutton to release the sites without releasing the costs. Yet for two reasons. Number one, it gets everyone used to the sites first as the first step. And David Little Proud's electric is one that will have a nuclear active. Very smart, I think, because if the leader of the Nationals himself is going to host a reactor, that sort of dissipates the attack that no one wants this. But secondly, when Albanezi accuses him of where's the costing, Dutton simply points back at Labour's energy policy and says, well, where are your renewables costing? You've never provided the full cost of renewables, so Duttony is on a total winner with this point.
Speaker 1: I think the move was genius.
Speaker 2: I think the great thing about naming the seven places, as James says, is they're in electrics where those people will.
Speaker 8: Have their say.
Speaker 2: Already, it would appear from certain opinion polls that the majority of people in those electrics saying, actually, we need the jobs, and yeah, we actually quite like the idea of having energy that doesn't come from windmills and solar panels and rus But more importantly, this scare campaign. I can remember this going back decades and decades, this scare campaign. Oh they're going to put the nuclear reactor in your backyard. This was Labour's one and only trump card in which they could run. They believed they would run to the election terrifying people at nuclear power plants would be in their backyard.
Speaker 1: By naming those seven electrics.
Speaker 2: What has happened is a those seven electrics gone yea, actually we're quite happy with this. But more importantly, every other electric in the country has gone you beauty, Well not my problem with those people were that's great, you beauty, Off we run. This has transformed the election, as Rita says adults are now back in charge of the energy debate in this country and that was what is so crucial.
Speaker 5: Rita, Well, when you say adults, I'm not sure if some of the debate thus far has been very adult because we've seen and I think you're right about spooking labor, because they've gone straight to scare mongering, just the most juvenile antiques, posting pictures of you know, cartoons of qualers with three eyes or fish with three eyes. This really idiotic scare mongering. They're not even trying to be sophisticated about it. It is just so pathetic and it really shows a disdain for the Australian public. But scare mongering also works. We know that if a lot of people who are not politically engaged or not across the issue, they think, oh my god, this is an enormous danger to the country.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a reason why we got stupid.
Speaker 1: People people, and there are stupid people.
Speaker 2: As we saw the voice and as we see repeated the thing say time and time again, you can basically if you present the facts, if you actually have the debate jam where you present the information, now both sides de vent all their facts and all their information. You were pretty much guaranteed that you will get common sense, normally of a conservative variety, coming through to at least a sixty to forty majority. As we saw in the Voice, I predict the same thing will happen here. We easily in this country, I would argue, have a sixty forty majority.
Speaker 1: I saw nuclear.
Speaker 4: I did like you talking about the adults speaking charge because Peter Dutton did make a comment a lot of play about the Prime Minister being a child.
Speaker 9: Let's listen, he's a man with a mind still captured in his university years. He's a child in a man's body, and he should be a prime minister for our country instead.
Speaker 5: I like that a lot alo manchild algo in his behavior of late has been and even when it comes to the Voice, because he thrusts that upon the nation. He was so divisive, so destructive, the nation made it clear we do not want that. And yet he's still entertaining treaty and truth telling. So he doesn't seem to comprehend that when the Australian public give a clear mandate, a clear direction, he's obliged to follow it. And I hope that he learns it, but then you know what, it's not just him.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about some of the liberal staty We.
Speaker 1: Will be a second reader.
Speaker 2: I just want to quickly play James this bit which was Albow last year. Last year actually complaining about people using memes and childish things which Labor are now doing. Have I listened to him a year ago complaining and calling it misinformation.
Speaker 10: Media platforms have a responsibility to make sure that misinformation isn't got out there. I noticed today, for example, on the way up here, they've removed various sites that were up containing fake images of myself superimposed on other people. That's the sort of thing that is going on on social media. Social media has a responsibility to do the right thing here.
Speaker 2: I mean, there you have it all in one package. That's misinformation. In Albow's mocking Albow is misinformation.
Speaker 1: But he, James can go and.
Speaker 2: Mock everybody three eyed fish all a bunch.
Speaker 1: Of lies there are.
Speaker 2: It is unbelievable the extent to which the hypocrisy of Labor is on view in this nuclear debate.
Speaker 6: James Roll, I've got to say earlier mentioned that there are stupid voters, right, they might believe some of the scare campaign. Well, if they're not politically engaged, they're probably watching the Simpsons and they would know automatically that labor have got all these memes from the Simpsons.
Speaker 1: And they produced the Three Eyed Fish.
Speaker 6: So I think even the people not politically engaged will be sharp enough to realize heng on a second, this labor scare campaign, we've.
Speaker 1: Seen this before.
Speaker 7: This is from the Simpsons.
Speaker 6: No one's going to buy. And by the way, Dunton calling Albanezi a man child is an insult both to children and to men.
Speaker 7: So that's a bit fun.
Speaker 2: Now we mentioned stupid people, I think read to this is your cue to jump.
Speaker 1: In with the stupid people within the Liberal Party what they haven't quite got on board.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we talked about Albo not learning from the Voice referendum. It's quite clear that the Victorian Liberal leader John Prescudo Pursuto, the Queensland Liberal leader, is about to become premier.
Speaker 1: But you put fool into Chris fool Ley.
Speaker 5: He seems determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. They are amongst Liberals across the country who have shown zero party discipline, showed zero vision, zero political nous in immediately poo pooing this plan, and if the Australian people vote for it, then the coalition has a mandate. So forget about whatever reservations you might have because you're spineless and you've got no vision and you don't one actually propose anything. You just want to be a shadow of Labor and never ever get elected. I am so thoroughly sick of these state liberal parties who are I think as much to blame for what we are seeing in some of those And you look at Victoria, it has just got record debt, the biggest debt in the country. Just so much pain and misery for Victorians, and the Liberals own a piece of that, a big piece, because they have never been a viable opposition and you've not given those Victorians a choice really when it comes to elections, and this is the state we're in, and they seem determined to follow that.
Speaker 3: We sorted with the Voice.
Speaker 5: They refused to come out and oppose that because they were so scared because all the institutions and all the celebrities and all the quantus and everyone was supporting the Voice, and they didn't want to be on the wrong side of history.
Speaker 3: Well, you were on the wrong side of history.
Speaker 5: Sixty one percent of Australian said no, including a majority in every single state. Only the Act voted yes. And they seem to be just repeating that history. I think with this debate, which is also really consequential for the country, will.
Speaker 2: You expect to get second rates in the labor parties within the states, but second rate liberals? They really do seem to cluster in the state liberal parties. They're so disappointing, as Reata says, they should have learned their lesson from the Voice.
Speaker 1: Chrisafooley, what a fool.
Speaker 2: You are to not getting completely behind Peter Darton. After Peter Dunton is a Queenslander.
Speaker 1: Here he is.
Speaker 2: We've got finally, we've got strong conservative leadership in this country and the liberal parties in the States James go to water.
Speaker 1: What a pathetic bunch.
Speaker 2: Seriously, you know you do not deserve to be in power in those states and you're not well.
Speaker 6: I mean read to mention that the state liberal premiers or opposition leaders had been very careful with the Voice.
Speaker 1: Chris O.
Speaker 7: Fooley endorsed treaty at one point.
Speaker 5: Yppreciate it was their official policy.
Speaker 1: Before they were all in favor of it.
Speaker 6: Tell me the other interesting premier at the moment is Peter melanowskis because as recently as December twenty twenty two he said it was foolhardy to discount nuclear energy. He's gone very quiet in this debate because, of course he's now in a corner because of Elbanez's.
Speaker 1: Ands with someone else read.
Speaker 2: Do you remember Andrew Andrew Charlton who was in the studio last week. I think he wrote a quarterly essay back in a decade ago about how nuclear power that the left must get behind.
Speaker 1: Nuclear powered, this was the way.
Speaker 2: To solve climbate change, get net zero emissions, cheap energy.
Speaker 1: He wrote all this a forty four page essay, and.
Speaker 2: Andrew Child, and he's gone very quiet on nuclear now.
Speaker 1: Ooh, what a bunch of hypocrites.
Speaker 2: And as for the teals, the teals are all out there now going to the alleged responders of this world, the Cape Cheney's going, well, we can't have nuclear, we can't have nuclear. Seriously, we thought you cared about the environment and net zero emissions.
Speaker 1: You absolute hypocrites.
Speaker 2: All you are doing is backing your renewables investors, you're the worst type of crony capitalists. Kick out the teals. I say, turf out a teal, make that your mission for this year on.
Speaker 5: But that is precisely why we are seeing such a meltdown even from segments of the corporate world, because this is an enormous stanger to the renewable subsidy.
Speaker 8: Again, exactly, they.
Speaker 5: Have long suffering taxpayers and consumers have been subsidizing what is the cheapest form of energy, as we're told repeatedly, and if you've got nuclear, the question becomes, sure, you can have a mix of different energy types. But when you've got base load power, when you've got as much power as you need whenever you need it, why do you need renewables. So it actually puts a massive question mark on the cost of renewables, the cost of the infrastructure you need to have to make renewables even part of the grid. And I think that is what's terrifying segments of the corporate world, certainly the tills and others. And we've got to talk about we're a first world country. If we want to maintain our living standards whilst reducing emissions dramatically, then nuclear is the only option because renewables don't give you base load power, which unless we have some new technology that no one's thought of yet, twenty thirty is down the track at the moment.
Speaker 3: This is it, folks.
Speaker 2: So but the point is, James, that nuclear is the most democratic of energies, that is egalitarianism, that is cheap energy for all. Renewables is the plaything of the rich and the wealthy, the Wentworth electras, all those those they can afford to indulge in this fantasy of renewables. But nuclear gives you cheap energy to all.
Speaker 1: As Rita says, baseload. And this is.
Speaker 2: What's terrifying the lights of Twiggy Forest. Malcome turnbooks. They're all rushing out and go oh no, no, no, scare campaign nuclear nuclear Why because they invested wrongly, They got it wrong, and that the.
Speaker 1: Public if they did. Because they're working so far, they've made.
Speaker 2: A lot of money, but in the long run they are going to lose because nuclear is the most democratic and egalitarian of all energy systems.
Speaker 6: Lesreeda said, so many of the opponents of nuclear energy have got vested interests and renewables. Twiggy Forest is a great example, he's warning that we can't go to nuclear because business needs certainty.
Speaker 1: And yet at the.
Speaker 6: Same time we've got business in Victoria saying we don't know if we're going to be able to operate because we've got a looming gas shortage.
Speaker 1: Great points.
Speaker 6: So you know there's there's a compromise everywhere here and a lot of people have got fingers in different pies and.
Speaker 2: Twiggy Forests is running around the world selling green hydrogen which doesn't even exist. Talk about lack of certainty. Oh here's my product. No, it doesn't actually exist, but will you please give me billions of dollars of taxpayers money to go and try and figure out how to make it work. That is what they are doing. Bunch of crooks, bunch of grifters. In my opinion, this is an opinion show. It's down there at the bottom.
Speaker 5: Rita, Well, I wouldn't be calling any of them crooks, not even in your opinion. I know you just been colorful there, Owen, because these are eminent Australians. But at the end of the day, if you want to keep on the lights, I don't know how you can be so dependent on say wind when it only works on average forty percent of the time, whilst nuclear you've got a capacity of over ninety percent. It all just comes back to what is available to us. We are sitting on the world's biggest reserves of uranium. We exported for the benefit of other countries, First world countries from Sweden to South Korea.
Speaker 3: To the US.
Speaker 5: And whilst we're having this juvenile antiques from the labor from ex segments of the corporate world, certainly from the activist class. In America, they've just had a bipartisan bit of legislation that's passed because they want to make it a lot easier to put up nuclear reactors, so they know it is absolutely crucial to their energy mix. And that's Democrats and Republicans on a rare topic.
Speaker 1: I want to play you this clip.
Speaker 2: We're going to save it from where We've got Addie Patterson coming on on the show very shortly. He is a nuclear expert. You do not want to miss that. It's going to be fantastic. One of the clips I wanted to play, but we'll play it now in a second, is from that segment is Chris Bowen telling us that nuclear go and look at America. There's nothing happening there to Rita's point, and yet the Americans are trebling the amounts of nuclear they have. So we have Chris Bowen telling us one thing, complete nonsense, the Americans telling us the complete opfers.
Speaker 1: Have a look and decide for yourself.
Speaker 11: Now, the honorable member asked me what policies are being rejected at home and abroad? And the entry is, of course the most expensive form of energy. And this is a very important point because that is nuclear energy. And we've had a lot of misinformation from vulnerable members opposite the later the national parties.
Speaker 7: Can you decide, look at America.
Speaker 8: Look what's happening in America.
Speaker 11: Who says, well, what's happening in America is the cancelation of a small modulary actor after a seventy percent costplow. That's what's happening in America.
Speaker 12: Even as we deploy more solar and wind and batteries, we're going to need more, not less, nuclear power in the decades to come. By our estimates, to reach our net zero goals by twenty fifty, we need to triple at least our nuclear energy supply.
Speaker 2: Joe Biden's left wing Democrat Energy secretary say you heard it there. Don't believe a word. Labor says they are lying through their teeth. The Coalition will win the next election, and they will win it because of the nuclear energy debate, the most democratic and egalitarian form of energy. Well, dun Dutton and your team joining us now with the latest on the UK election is author on Academic Master You Goodwin, Matthew, You've you've got many.
Speaker 1: Followers there on social media.
Speaker 2: You're a great made of Douglas Murray's and we've been keen to get you on the show here and Douglas said to you, come on, mate, matt get on Outsiders.
Speaker 1: That's the only show in the world worth being on.
Speaker 2: And you agreed with him and here you are, Matt. So it's great to have you on the show. Tell us thanks for having me, our pleasure. Tell us what's happening with Nigel Farage the Surgeon support. Very exciting things happening in Britain as we speak.
Speaker 13: Well, look, the big headline here is Nigel Farage is back in British politics. He's set up a new party, the Reform Party, and he's campaigning hard against mass immigration, against woke ideology and against the political class in Westminster. And to be honest, much like Brexit, he's outflanked everybody again. He's averaging nineteen percent of the national vote this week. We've only got ten days to go until the election. He's almost going to win election to the House of Commons for the first time in his career. And this is really speaking to a bigger point, which is we are witnessing the implosion of the British Conservative Party, a party that doesn't really know what it is anymore, what it believes, where it's going, and it isn't really conservative anymore. So this is what happens when you lose touch with those conservative voters.
Speaker 5: Reta Well, I would argue that the Tories have been treacherous to their voters because they talk conservative whenever it's election time, but then as soon as they're in power, they govern from the left as if they're labor and they're going to pay a very heavy price.
Speaker 3: Indeed, what is your prediction for who will be the opposition?
Speaker 5: Who's going to be because we know lab is going to win, They're going to win in a landslide, but who is going to prevail from the other contenders? And Liberal Democrats were in prime position there for a period.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, look, I think what we've got here is at the beginning of a prolonged civil war between the established British Tory right and a new generation of National Conservatives represented by the likes of Farage, who are really saying, look, we have to completely renew we have to reinvent conservatism, We've got to make it more in touch with the peoples.
Speaker 7: So here's my prediction.
Speaker 13: We're going to have a really big labor majority government, probably the biggest labor majority we've had in this country since nineteen ninety seven, since the time of Tony Blair.
Speaker 7: I think Labor will do very well.
Speaker 13: The Liberal Democrats will do reasonably well. They'll get thirty forty seats. The Scottish Nationalists will do reasonably well. So the liberal left position, if you like, accepting immigration, accepting woke ideology, wanting to get us back into the European Union, They're all going to do very well.
Speaker 1: And then there's this.
Speaker 13: Big battle for the right. And look, as long as Nigel Farage is elected into Parliament, he will be one of the big opposition voices in British politics. He won't have the biggest party by any stretch, but simply through the force of his charisma, simply through the force of his media skills, through the fact that he is supported by millions of people across the country, that oppositional voice will be taken very seriously and it will become stronger reta if another thing happens that I'm predicting, which is that the Conservatives will respond to this election defeat by moving even further to the cultural left. They'll say, look, we need to basically become a labor we need to be a big state, big tax, big immigration party. And of course that will then lead more room for Nigel Farage as we go through this parliament. So look, he's going to be feeling very confident. I'm with him tomorrow in the seat of Clacton in Essex watching his campaign therew I can tell you he feels like he's on top of the world. He feels like he's twenty sixteen all over again. He can't believe how badly the British Tories are losing touch with all those voters that they promised they'd give them lower immigration, they'd give them a self governing, independent nation. They control the borders. They push back against Wok ideology, and Rita is absolutely right. There is a word here and that word is betrayal and many voters feel that very very strongly.
Speaker 7: James Neil Matthew speaking of betrayal.
Speaker 6: One of the problems for the Tories is they've been beset by scandal and now this stays out from an election, they've got another one. The Times have revealed that a number of rishisin ks inn A Sanctum have been caught placing dozens of bets on the timing of the election, including his personal protection officer, another key advisor. This just feeds into the narrative, doesn't it that the Tories have had one rule for the country and.
Speaker 7: A completely different rule for themselves.
Speaker 13: Well, look, this is classic Tory behavior. They're putting themselves in the party ahead of the country, and many voters consens this. But there's also a deeper question here with regard to Rishi Sunac and his administration. Remember, Rishi Sunac has no mandate. Okay, so viewers who are not familiar with British politics might not be aware of this. But he was never elected to become leader of the Conservative Party. He was appointed. Right, So that's a really really important point. And then there's the mission, the vision. What does Rishie Sunac stand for. He came in after Boris Johnson was turfed out. He did have a mandate. By the way, Liz Trust was turfed out, she had a mandate. Rishie Sunac was brought in by the Tory elite class who said we must get the adults back into the room aka technocracy, managerialism, the same old Bland consensus that we've had for years that voters rejected through that Brexit reperendum. And here's my question, what was it all for? What was this for? This project, this installation of Rishi? What is he actually given the country? He's given us the highest tax burden since the nineteen fifties and sixties. We've got the highest rates of legal migration that we've ever had. We've lost control of the borders. Illegal migration is completely out of control. The British Tories have mainstreamed woke ideology. They've got kids be taught that boys can become girls, that girls can become boys. We've got critical race theory in our primary and secondary schools. We're importing a lot of that nonsense from America, Well, what conservatives are supposed to stand up against this stuff? And so every time Rishie Sunac has been in front of voters during this election, the voters have increasingly said, actually, I don't like that guy. That guy's not really for me. I don't know why is this guy even Prime Minister. I don't get it. And let me tell you this one thing briefly that everybody will remember about this election campaign for years, decades to come, and it's this when Rishi Sunac decided to leave the D Day Anniversary early, He went to France for a few hours and then, against the advice of some of his advisors, he left the anniversary early. And that raised a much deeper question in this country, which is does this guy even believe in Britain? Does he really believe in our history, identity, culture and values? And that too has been an enormous open goal for Nigel Faraj, who has understandably kicked a load of footballs into that open goal during the selection campaign.
Speaker 2: But one thing Matt as well that Nigel Farag pointed out was it wasn't just Rishi Sunak last year. Apparently Kiir Starmer had his poppy on during the morning when he was attending various events, and then when he attended an Islamic event that poppy mysteriously disappeared, and Nigel Farrage asked the BBC interviewer whether this was a sign that maybe Kiir Starmer as well had didn't quite know the significance.
Speaker 8: Of D Day.
Speaker 2: Just tell us briefly, Matt so Farage has attack NIT zero, which is fantastic COVID vaccines. He wants to look into that lockdown's mass. He wants to look into that migration is the big thing. He's prepared to tackle trans ideology. These are all the culture war issues that so many politicians on the right have avoided for years and years.
Speaker 1: He is a cultural warrior.
Speaker 2: What do you think will happen between now and the election? Will the Conservatives, idiots like David Cameron who isn't even elected to Parliament and is criticizing Frage, Will they come around and start to see that they need to maybe split the seats somehow with the do some kind of deal or is that not on the table?
Speaker 13: In brief there will be no deal between the Conservatives and Nigel Farage. Why would he make a deal when he thinks, understandably, he can win the whole House and that's what he's thinking. Not necessarily of course, at this election. Remember we're past the post system.
Speaker 7: But here's what.
Speaker 13: Farage is hoping. He wins a handful of seats in ten days time, Maybe he wins five million votes, Maybe he wins one hundred second places. Maybe he is the alternative to Labor across all of those working class districts. Then he comes out of the election he says, right now, I'm going to take over what remains of the Conservative Party, and he invites all of those disillusion Conservatives to join with him to build a new political movement in British politics.
Speaker 7: This is where it's all going. This is going to.
Speaker 13: Be an incredibly bumpy, volatile, chaotic period in British politics, which I hope will get us to a much more representative and successful conservative movement that's more in touch with the people, because what we've got at the moment cannot continue. This is a it is a joke of a Conservative party. That is, it is simply not conservative on any major issue at all. It's completely and consistently give way to liberal progressives on a whole host of issues. And so Farrage stronger than ever.
Speaker 7: That's the conclusion from this selection.
Speaker 2: Fantastic Matt Goodwin. So great to have you on the show. I hope you will join us on that bumpy road ahead many more times because it's great to have your insights and your knowledge there. Thank you for staying up so late to chat to Outsiders and have a great day tomorrow with Nigel Farrage.
Speaker 8: That's Matt Goodwin.
Speaker 1: They're following him on social media. Brilliant insight.
Speaker 2: There after the break Rita's Reality Check and we'll be speaking to former Queensland Premier Campbell Newman about the state of the Queensland Liberals and Chris a FOOLI.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to Outsiders with your host Rowan Biggie Small's Day James to Pat MCCUs and I'm readA Patty from such shows as The Rita Pantes Show and Lets Losing It The Rita Panni Show Monday to Thursdays if He's Losing It Friday and on Fridays, we have fun showcasing various lefty ideologues losing whatever tenuous group they have on reality and talking about losing your group on reality and sanity Earlier today, bartender turned Congresswoman Alexandria or Kazia Cortez and a couple of other far left Democrats held a rally in the Bronx.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Perhaps they were inspired by the huge crowd.
Speaker 5: That Donald Trump got there a couple of weeks ago, but the Democrats rally sadly in what should be Democrat heartland only had a few hundred in attendance, and they were treated.
Speaker 3: To this absolute cringe fest.
Speaker 5: Now just watch this and ask yourself, is AOC okay? She got her hands on whatever cocktail of drugs they give to Biden before any major speech. She doesn't seem okay to man, It only got worse when she spoke. Guys, I don't think ac actually realizes that the Democrats are in power right now, because she wants to win the country back and then she goes full ghetto.
Speaker 3: Then she goes a big country. Watch this private school educated.
Speaker 5: Daughter of an architect patronize the locals.
Speaker 3: I love the hair work. That's excellent.
Speaker 5: She wants to win the country backyard from whom exactly I don't know, legal immigrants, Joe Biden. She does realize the Democrats are in the White House, and she mentioned Gaza there and that was also top of mind for the male AOC Jamal Bowman watched this deranged performance. And remember this man is a congressman, Democrat congressman. And just as AOC mentioned Gaza in that rant, Bowman is also preoccupied with the war between Israel and her mass silent.
Speaker 1: Now he has such silence.
Speaker 3: When you watch those lefties loser, you.
Speaker 5: Can understand how despite the lawfare that Donald Trump has faced, the corruption of the justice system, the thirty four nonsense convictions, not to mention the relentless misrepresentation and misinformation from the overwhelming majority of the media, Trump is still in front and strengthening his position. Indeed, in the latest poll he is winning in every swing state. Every swing state. The latest Emerson College polling would be giving Joe Biden nightmares if he had any idea what day it was. And the polling also shows incredibly that New York is in play. The bluest of blue states could turn red. Surely not, but this is the latest scene a College data that's showing Trump is within striking distance after a surge in support from black and Jewish voters. The last Republican to win New York was the great Ronald Reagan back in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 3: No one's come close since George W. Bush got forty.
Speaker 5: Percent post nine to eleven in the twenty two thousand and four presidential election. But the Trump momentum seems uns stoppable now, and even the most rusted on anti Trumps are acknowledging that the so called hush money case was not legitimate and all he did in the end was boost Trump's popularity, so he.
Speaker 14: Was lagging behind Biden and now he's called quite a bit ahead. That trial was the greatest reason people had to send their checks for five, ten, twenty five whatever dollars to Donald Trump.
Speaker 15: The attorney general's case in New York, frankly should have never been brought. And if his name was not Donald Trump, and if he wasn't running for president, I'm the former agent in New York. I'm telling you that case would have never been rotten. And that's what is offensive to people.
Speaker 5: That was former New York Governor Andrew CuMo, a man who they thought would be a Democrat presidential candidate at one point.
Speaker 3: And is that precisely what we've been telling you here.
Speaker 5: All along the cases against Trump are political prosecutions designed to stop him winning in November. So far the strategy is failing, but as we saw in twenty twenty, the Democrats and their institutional and media allies can always find ways to fortify an election.
Speaker 2: Yes, so much fortifying will be going on between now and November fifth. Interesting the Cuomos, isn't it, Because Chris Cuomo has both come out. It's kind of oh, I got it all wrong on the vaccines and the Andrew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not buying it.
Speaker 5: I think they're just reading the mood. They're reading the room. But there were two of the worst, absolute worst, and when it mattered, they were monsters and cowards.
Speaker 1: But now they were and go exactly.
Speaker 3: Everything we said. We were misled, so it's not our fault.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: Joining us now is former Queensland Premier Campbell Newman Campbell, great to have you on Outsiders again.
Speaker 1: As always, great to have you here.
Speaker 2: You know, I think it's a master stroke what Peter Dutton has done with naming the seven sites, the whole policy on nuclear energy.
Speaker 1: I think the Australians are going to go, Thank goodness.
Speaker 2: Finally the adults are back talking about sensible policies to bring us energy cheaply and affordably and more importantly reliably.
Speaker 1: But button, it's a big button. The Liberal Party at a state level seems to be doing its usual trick.
Speaker 2: You've got Chris Fooley up there in Queensland to back the treaty and voice and now is saying, oh, I'm not sure about you know, I'm not going down the nuclear path. What is going on, Cambell? What's in that beautiful Brisbane water behind you that you're all drinking? That sends these liberals so pathetically left wing every time.
Speaker 16: Well, clearly Christoph Fowley and the political arm of the state l and are completely out of step with firstly Queenslanders, but more worryingly perhaps for them if they care their own party membership. And that's why people are deserting the LNP and joining the Libertarian Party. And I'll declare that up front. I'm a member of the Libertarian Party these days, and in recent weeks I've had meetings with senior office bearers of the LNP who're defecting to us down there on the Gold Coast in Christap Fally's backyard.
Speaker 8: But look the problem with what.
Speaker 16: Chris of Fally has done this week should be separated into two bits, firstly from a public policy point of view and then the political point of view. So on the public policy point of view, he's going to an election saying that he supports the missions targets like the Labor Party, but he's saying and obviously implicitly, he's against the coal fired power stations that we have today. They need to be phased out. So he obviously supports renewables, but he therefore needs to support storage. So where's the storage Because the other thing that's happened is he's said that he's against the very large and franklin I think quite risky Labor Party pumped hydro projects, but he's not offering an alternative. So in summary, Chris O Fooley doesn't have a renewable electricity supply policy. It will provide reliable base slow power for Queenslanders. And then he's repudiated per de Dutton and the FEDS. So here we have an important election after nine years of an appalling Labor government, but the LNP don't actually have an electricity supply policy consistent with going to zero emissions. If you believe that mumbo jumbo. If we then go to the political side of it, Well, first, here it's an active treachery. I mean I've talked to a number of federal LNP politicians in the last few days. They're pulling their hair out, they're pulling our hair out at the lack of courage, they're pulling their hair out of the way that this guy has done this. And look all he had to do, guys, this is what we had to do. All he had to do is say, well, you know, I'm concerned about this. There are issues that haven't been answered. But you know what, if Peter Dutton puts this up at a federal election it gets elected, well, I'll have to support that mandate. Why couldn't the LNP do that? And you know what, that's what the rank and file of the LMP would support. Actually, frankly, it's bigger than that. I think you would find that a convention of the LNP membership there'd be about seventy five percent support for what's doing, if not even stronger.
Speaker 1: And I try to be concerning.
Speaker 16: So it's been an extraordinary week. It's been an extraordinary week. But this guy, as you were pointing out before, Roman. He gets it wrong on so many things. He voted for Treaty, in truth telling, he supported the Voice or wouldn't take a position for a long long time when it was clear exactly where this state would go. He supported omission's targets. Only two weeks ago he stood up before the Labor Party had handed down their state budget and he said.
Speaker 1: I will support it.
Speaker 8: Now what does that mean?
Speaker 16: That means you actually support the funding priorities, but importantly the policy and political priorities of your opponents. And so Scott Prosser, who's often on Sky, has made it very very clear he's completely abrogaded his responsibility to lead an effective opposition in Queensland.
Speaker 5: It's just depressing because the Queensland Labor government is on the nose the elections there for the winning and he probably still is very much in the winning position. And what a missed opportunity to actually stand for something rather than being Labor light.
Speaker 3: What is the problem with this bloke? Is it that he doesn't have convictions or is his ideology to the left.
Speaker 5: So he believes in treaty and truth telling and the Voice, and he believes in phasing out colon, banning nuclear and keeping those bands in place. Where is this judgment coming from.
Speaker 16: Look, I'm not sure, reader, because this guy was a minister in my government. And also, and I've said it before on Sky, just again to reiterate, I supported David Chris of Foley to take the leadership from Frecklington. I thought he would do a good job, and in the last state election campaign I personally made a contribution, a large contribution of cash into his own campaign. So I haven't reached this moment without all these things that he has done. I was a big fan, and now I'm a very disappointed and aggrieved former supporter. So I don't know what he does I believe in, and that's my concern. He can wear a smart suit, he can appear in front of the TV cameras as a former TV journalist as he was up in Townsville, but I really question what he believes. But look, we can't just throw it all on him. There's a party room there. What do they believe in? Because let me try this one on you all. When I was in government, we had David Chris Foley, John Paul Langbrook, Tim Mander. He's no longer in parliament, but he's the president of the ELMP, and it's Lawrence Springboard. There's a whole heap of people who are there who were part of a decision to overturn the Labor Party's a ban on uranium mining in Queensland.
Speaker 1: So ponder that for a second.
Speaker 16: These people were happy to support an overturn of the ban on uranium mining to open up the opportunity to export uranium to the world, to make royalties to fund Queensland's schools and hospitals, roads, et cetera. Police happy to do that. When the Labor Party got in they then of course put the band back in place. What does the LMP support Now, that's what I question? What would these people do? And all the way through the last three to six months, Chris O. Fooley's approach to policy is I'm going to fix that, and I then question I wish the media would do more question because Queenslanders deserved to know. How will you fix hospitals? How will you fix crime in Queensland. It's not good enough to say, look, we've got a plan and we'll do it. That's what Daniel Andrews did a decade ago in Victoria and look how that turned out. You won't solve youth crime with a magic wand and spells and incantations, nor will you fix ambulance ramping that way. But that's what David Christoph fully in the LMP would have us think they're going to do.
Speaker 2: I think Campbell you explained it when you said he was a former TV journalist. I mean, heaven forbid you allow those TV characters anywhere near politics.
Speaker 1: I always say.
Speaker 6: Keep them well away, Campbell, James kat What is quickly a massive native title claim on the Sunshine Coast, parts of Nooser, Bribey Island, Glasshouse Mountains, Mount Coolham, even Great Keppel Island I think is now subject to a claim. People are being assured they've got nothing to worry about. Politicians are celebrating this is a great thing. What would you say to Queensland, Is it true they've got nothing to worry about from these claims?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 16: Channeling the words of Paul Keating about a recession a long time, this is the native title moment that Queensland was going to have and it goes right back to his days and the MARLBO decision. What interstate viewers need to understand, perhaps a lot of Queenslanders don't understand there are vast areas of land in Queensland that are in the crown land and given that their crown land, they have always been vulnerable since Marbo and what flowed from there to native title claims. Now, the sad thing about native title is I don't believe it improves the lot of Abergel and Tarres Strait Island to people. Perhaps it has in the Torres Strait itself, but it's not really about the sort of solutions we need. Be that as it may, it is the law of the land. Now what concerns us, what should concern us all is what it then means for the access rights of everybody else that's not indigenous.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 16: For people to say there's nothing to worry about is bunk on. That's what Keating told us thirty years ago. And it's wrong. I'm in commercial property and I bought with my investors an office building in inner City Perth last year and you know what, there were two native title claims that had been dealt with extinguished in Metro Perth. Now that wasn't meant to happen. So I then turned to issues like Mount Warning, why can't we climb to the top of Mount Warning. I'm glad I did it three or four years ago during COVID. What about access rights on Stradbroke Island which have been certile to people about Morton Island? What about Burham Heads? Are we going to be told you can't go here, you can't fish there, or you've got to pay for a special license administered by say an indigenous group. These are real questions. They are not alarmist. That is what has happened around this country. We can't climb ULARU anymore?
Speaker 8: Can we?
Speaker 17: Then?
Speaker 8: I could go on exactly this is a pick.
Speaker 16: This is a picnic for lawyers as well. My final point the trouble with native title is that then to actually try and propose some sort of development, whether it be a mine or a tourism resort and agricultural venture, you then actually have to sort of sit down. There has to be an indigenous land disagreement in indu are and these things take years to actually negotiate and that stops economic growth.
Speaker 1: Thanks Campbell Newman.
Speaker 2: Always great to chat to you here on Outsiders. That was former premiere of Queensland Campbell Newman. Thanks Matte coming up more in a tick.
Speaker 1: On outsiders.
Speaker 2: Wakademia, the wacky world of academia, doesn't get any crazier or more sinister, in my opinion than University Sydney this week doing some weird deal with the pro Gaza pro Palestinian supporters whereby and there are accusations or allegations that this mob have links or somehow connected with his Teria and Rita.
Speaker 1: What do you make of this?
Speaker 2: They've done a deal to allow them to start telling Sydney UNI how to invest.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're going to get a seat at the working group who's going to determine the university's defense and security investments, which has been a big part of these protests we have seen at universities. And the protesters are overjoyed. They see this as a win, and I think they're right to see it as a win. It's an absolute bit of cowardice from mess This is just giving into terrorism.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 6: It's a message in the face for Jewish students at the University of Sydney and huge cowtailing by Mark Scott because he made an initial offer which the students rejected and so then the university came back with.
Speaker 7: A fresh offer.
Speaker 5: Could have been you're all expelled because you're breaking our rules. You can't have encampments on campus.
Speaker 2: Don't send your kids there and start defunding it the place as a joke. After the break eighty Patterson here, we'll talk more nuclear don't go away back in a tip. Hello, you're watching Outsiders, and thank you so much for watching Outsiders every Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: And thank you.
Speaker 2: Again this week for making us the number one show on Sky News Australia. We certainly do appreciate having you as our viewing audience. Well, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, may I take the opportunity to say that this country must hold a Royal Commission into the abuse of power during COVID. When I say the abuse of power, I mean the abuse of political power and corporate power, and the sinister combination of the two that.
Speaker 1: Forced the lockdown of schools.
Speaker 2: And communities that, in my opinion, served no real purpose and did more harm than good, something I repeatedly said and questioned.
Speaker 1: At the time.
Speaker 2: The abuse of power that saw schools shutting down in various states for disparate lengths of time, thus denying an entire generation of proper fulfilling childhood of learning and companionship, something that we now know to.
Speaker 1: Have been harmful overreach.
Speaker 2: With serious consequences for some, And something I repeatedly said and questioned at the time, The abuse of power that saw people who had, for example, chosen I have emet In as a possible preventative medicine being demonized and mocked for that choice, something I said and questioned at the time, and for my trouble along with Rita was defamed in the Australian Senate. The abusive power that mandated mask wearing, social distancing, and all the other crazy COVID nonsense, much of which has now been shown to have no genuine scientific validity, something I said and questioned at the time, And of course, the most grotesque abusive power this nation has ever seen, the vaccine mandates, which resulted, in my opinion, in a sinister quasi fascist collusion between government and corporate power. What angers me and should anger all Australians, is that, regardless of whether I and others like me were right or wrong on these issues, we were repeatedly silenced, mocked, sneered at, and demonized by those same abusive powers. Debate and dissent two of the key garrantors of our freedoms were denied us, and indeed, alternative opinions, many of which have now been proven to be correct, were disgustingly labeled misinformation and disinformation. The public square of dissenting opinion was deserted.
Speaker 1: We had the vile.
Speaker 2: Scenario of politicians such as Jinda Ardern in New Zealand and authorities here telling us that they.
Speaker 1: Were the sole source of the truth.
Speaker 2: Except, of course, in many instances it now turns out they weren't.
Speaker 1: They got it wrong.
Speaker 2: This week, unreported by the ABC and most of the mainstream left leaning media, Chris Kobak, the Attorney General of the State of Kansas, made this announcement.
Speaker 18: Thank you for being here today. We brought together this press conference to make the following announcement, and that is today Kansas is filing a civil suit against the Pfiser Corporation under the Kansas Consumer Protection Act, seeking enhanced civil monetary penalties, damages, and injunctive relief from misleading and deceptive statements made in marketing its COVID nineteen vaccine.
Speaker 8: That's got to.
Speaker 1: Folks needs to spell out what this actually means.
Speaker 19: Well, the State of Kansas hitting the Big Farmer's Pfizer with a lawsuit claiming the company quote misled the public that it had a safe and effective COVID nineteen vaccine, even though it knew it was connected to serious adverse events I'm quoting there. It hid that information from the public.
Speaker 20: Kansas Attorney General Chris Kobac says that Pfizer violated the state's Consumer Protection Act, and he joins us, now, it's so great to have you on the program to talk about this finally, all these years after there were vaccine mandates, and that was something that this administration really pushed hard for us. For those of us who wanted to come to work and weren't necessarily on board, you had to get a shot or you couldn't make a living.
Speaker 2: Indeed, what the TV hosts there said is absolutely correct. I knew many many people here in Australia who were extremely unhappy about taking the vaccine, but were forced to in order to hang on to their jobs. Many who refused lost their jobs. Many parents gave the vaccine to their offspring, including young women, against their own better judgment and with misgivings.
Speaker 1: Their children, their girls, their.
Speaker 2: Teenage boys, and then to add insult to injury forgive the pun. We now see authorities in America taking legal action against Pfizer for misleading the public about those vaccines.
Speaker 18: In this consumer protection suit against Pfiser is based on the fact that they had information that was contrary to what they were saying publicly. And I could just give you two examples. One is for pregnant women. Weiser stated and advertised that it was that the vaccine was safe for pregnant women, but as early as October of twenty twenty, they had evidence from a study that they did on rats showing real complications for pregnancy. And then in February of twenty twenty one, they had information from four hundred and fifty eight women who took the Pfiser vaccine and the majority of them had complications relating to pregnancy. And then the other one is myocarditis. The CEO of Pfiser publicly stated that there was no link between any myocarditis and the COVID vaccine, when in fact they knew that there was a link.
Speaker 2: So I will not say what I really think about the politicians and the bureaucrats and the businesses and the corporations and the media who demonized people for there as it turns out, perfectly legitimate concerns over so many aspects of the draconian response to COVID, the lockdowns, the masks, the alternative therapies, the school closures, the mandates. I hope they are capable of sleeping at nine eight. What I will say is we need whatever legal avenues against those individuals to be explored in this country too, along with, as I have said, like a broken record, a Royal commission into the abuse of power during COVID. Speaking of debates, in the last few weeks, we've had many great guests here in the studio with us, but two outstanding guests were, of course my old friend from the Spectator, Douglas Murray, who the off see on the Rita Panahi show, and Natasha Houstorf from UK lawyers for Israel, both of whom were in Australia recently. They joined forces this week for an extraordinary event in Canada, a debate held by Monk Debates where the motion was that anti Zionism is in fact anti Semitism, and they were debating Al Jazeera's made the Hassan and the Guardians Gideon Levi spoiler alerts. The two lefties got absolutely smashed. Tasha and Douglas with the ultimate debating weapons of facts, reason, history, and humor is a bit of Natasha.
Speaker 21: This debate is about racism and creating a double standard where you make an exception for the Jews. Now, you don't have to support Zionism, but if you are anti Zionist, if you are against the Jews having a state, you are against the Jews. Maybe Jahan is lying about what Zionism is. We usually hear a series of lies spewed by Antithemi and anti Zionists in an attempt to justify their anti Zionism.
Speaker 1: And these are the modern blood libel.
Speaker 21: They are widely believed, as widely believed as the ancient blood libel the Jews killed Christian children to use their blood for religious ritual, as widely believed and as false.
Speaker 2: Natasha then went on to list the form modern blood libels against the state of Israel. We're left on the pro Palestinian crowd. But I repeat myself, accused Israel of colonialism, ethnic cleansing, apartheid, and genocide. Natasha argued these accusations are themselves anti Semitic, and she turned each of them on its head.
Speaker 21: Israel is the ultimate decolonization success story against all odds. After Arab imperialism, Islamic conquest, and British colonialism, the Jews indigenous to Judaea re established Israel. My family lived under Ottoman and then British colonialism in Jerusalem long before Yasa Arafat, who was born in Cairo, created Palestinian national identity in the sixties. Ethnic cleansing is what happened to eight hundred and fifty thousand Jews expelled from Yemen, Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq, where they'd lived for thousands of years. Ethnic cleansing left Arab con trees Jew free. Meanwhile, two million Arabs live in Israel today. The Bible of Genocide, the reprehensible sneer that maliciously accuses the Jews of perpetrating the very crimes committed against them. October seventh was the latest and long history of genocidal acts by Arabs against Jews in the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Brilliant Natasha Holstorff, and if she was the brilliant warm up back Douglas Murray certainly did not disappoint with his withering decimation of his pro Palestinian opponents.
Speaker 1: Madie and Gideon.
Speaker 22: You started with a peroration about me not mentioning the Palestinian casualties. That's because I started by.
Speaker 8: Mentioning the war.
Speaker 1: And there is no law of war.
Speaker 22: That says you're allowed to start a war and then complain when you lose it.
Speaker 1: He had me at peroration. Only better.
Speaker 22: And if maybe cares about the Palestinian casualtiesus, I'm sure he does. Then tell your bosses in Qatar to tell their friends in Gaza to stop the war and give back the hostages.
Speaker 2: Moral clarity, logic, reason, all sound debating techniques.
Speaker 22: Gibeon says nothing. Israel needs nothing more than criticisms. If Israel doesn't get criticism, wow, he doesn't even read his own country's press.
Speaker 1: Great line.
Speaker 2: Douglas Murray then went on to point out that all those people who so eagerly signal their moral superiority by protesting against the deaths in Gaza, but we're nowhere to be seen for the last decade, when far more innocent people were killed in the many Arab other conflicts within the Middle East, where no Jews are involved. Well, they are anti Semites, pure and simple, holding Jews to a different, completely different standard.
Speaker 22: You know, if you protested not a bit, didn't set up a tent when Basha Alasad was killing six times a number of people in a decade that Israel and all of its enemies have lost in seventy five years of war, you are an anti Semite.
Speaker 1: Douglas Murray then drew an analogy that he made on this show a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I think maybe he was trying it out on Rita James and I to see how it ran. And it's a cracker. Why do all those people who have such a problem with the un manufactured state of Israel have no problem whatsoever with that other un manufactured state of nineteen forty eight Pakistan.
Speaker 22: I reckon that if this debate tonight without Pakistan, Pakistan started a lot of wars, it suffered a lot of wars, it suffered a lot of casualties, caused a lot of casualties. But you know what, if somebody said, I don't I think Pakistan should be abolished.
Speaker 1: They just don't have the right to estate.
Speaker 22: And although they had one set up for them, many decades ago, we should abolish it. I think people would say hmm. And then if the person said, oh, by the way, although I want to abolish that state, I have no problem with the Pakistani people. Please please, of course you would.
Speaker 8: Great stuff.
Speaker 2: Douglas then emphasized how the leaders of Hamas have been explicit, explicit in their determination to annihilate, yes, annihilate as per the Holocaust, the Jewish people. As Douglas said, when Yaa Sinoa says he wants to rip the heart out of the Jews, it isn't just rhetoric. Things then got very heated with his two lefty opponents when Douglas pointed out that the Biden administration has been funding the Array and terrorist regime, even more devastatingly for Maidi, who works for Al Jazeera. Douglas Murray then made the point that made the comments about the Israeli hostages would quote come a lot better if a contributor to Al Jazeera had not been discovered last week holding a hostage in his own home.
Speaker 1: Ouch.
Speaker 2: But as I always say, and as Donald Trump knows, as Nigel Farage knows, the ultimate weapon in any debate against the left is, as always the devastating use of humor.
Speaker 1: You said you went to Garda.
Speaker 8: You went to Gaza.
Speaker 22: When the world's media is not allowed into Gaza, they tell you into Gaza.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, there were nor poats to go into Gaza.
Speaker 22: One is with the idea, for which is what I did and what most Western journalists have done.
Speaker 1: The other is to go in with Hermas. You could probably go in with Hermaz. I can't bingo.
Speaker 2: When Dunks, Natasha Holstorff and Douglas Murray won the debate sixty six to thirty four, you can watch it on Monk Debates to riotous applause.
Speaker 1: Now sixty six to thirty four. That's good and.
Speaker 2: Not dissimilar ratio by which the no case won the Voice debate here in Australia last year sixty one thirty nine. In fact, I have repeatedly argued whether it is the transgender debate, the climate debate, questions about race, questions about mandates, authoritarianism, or the debate about virtually any single so called culture or issue, including nuclear power, Conservative reasoning, rational thought, and sound debate based on information, logic and persuasion will always win by at least a sixty forty margin. All conservatives need to do is debate those propositions. Don't avoid them, don't run away from them. Debate them, sticking to facts, conviction and historical precedents, and.
Speaker 1: You will win. Now you know why the modern left have.
Speaker 2: Abolished all those school debating societies. Well, let's get into the nuclear debate with an absolute leading world expert. He's here in the studio former CEO of Anstowe, dr Ad Patterson.
Speaker 1: Great to have you here. Ad.
Speaker 2: You did a cracker of an interview on the ABC during the week you ran Lucas Heights for a while. You're a world renowned nuclear expert. The ABC it was a fantastic interview because you completely.
Speaker 1: Blew them out of the water. They didn't know where to look or what to do.
Speaker 2: And we're desperate to get you off and it's quite difficult to now find that particular interview on the ABC site.
Speaker 1: What a surprise. Now let's get stuck into it.
Speaker 2: Why should Australia, in your opinion, be a nuclear power.
Speaker 23: I think we can't afford not to be a nuclear power. I think the big challenge we're now facing, which is depressing to me, is that we are in a massive thought bubble about how we can get electrons from solar panels and wind turbines, both of which I worked on in the nineteen nineties and nearly two thousands and came to the conclusion that they would not work. Everybody thinks that solar panels are new. The first solar panel revolution happened twenty years ago and it failed. But my fear for the Sydney Basin is what I call the big hailstorm. What we don't know that is already we're facing solar panel risk. If we get a mega hailstorm across the Sydney Basin, we will lose a power literally a power plant. We used to build big plants out in the bush. Our power plant, now given to us by a EMO is the rooftops of Sydney. When the big hailstorm comes, and a big hailstorm will come in the next twenty years, we will lose five hundred megawatts of power in the Sydney Basin, which is keeping the lights on. And that is a emo's plant, because these hail will smash the panels on our roofs and the lights will go out.
Speaker 8: That's the plant.
Speaker 23: Build bigger solar panels out in the bush where they also have hailstorms. I don't think that any body's done the risk management, or the control or the thought about what this will mean for us. The same for wind turbines. Wind turbines last for about twenty years. The big wind turbines are now seven megawatts. That is a massive machine. In the Sydney Basin. They work thirty seven percent of the time, summarizing two days out of every five. Everybody says to me eighty, but the wind's always blowing somewhere.
Speaker 8: No, it's not.
Speaker 23: It's highly related across Eastern Australia. Now, if somebody said to you, I'm going to give you a car, it's really wonderful, it's completely green, but you can only use it two days out of five, what would you say? Probably not. I'm going to give you a really wonderful solar car, but you know you work in an emergency room at a hospital, or you run the sewage plants, or you have to get to the airport to bring the.
Speaker 8: Aircraft after dark.
Speaker 23: I'm afraid you can't use this car if it's not charged up after dyk. We're building a world where solar panels, wind turbines, which are flaky resources. Germany has already failed and is de industrializing. I think it's possible that BMW will move out of Germany in the next five years because Munich now is a little bubble of failed plans, which is the AEMO plan. My own view is that AEMO should be completely restructured. It should be brought back into the real world, not animal farm, you know, animal farm. Frankly, I think animal farmer is a little bit kind to the AEMO paradigm at the moment. Really, what I'm saying with humor is that I'm deeply worried. I think the Australia that we love is on the edge of a cliff. I think that we have got a thought bubble and an animal farm in Canberra and a EMO, and I think we're in big trouble.
Speaker 5: And we're not looking at the overseas experience. We're not looking at Germany, for example. And we keep hearing this mantra from the renewables, not just the renewable sector, but also most of our politicians that nuclear is the most expensive form of energy, and then we had that CSIRO gen cost report come out saying the same thing. Nuclear is going to be far more expensive than renewables.
Speaker 3: What's your response to that.
Speaker 23: The gen Cost Report looks at one reactor which is being built in Finland. It's a gigawatts scale. That's a thousand megawatts. I'm not proposing that we build and I haven't proposed that we build gigawatt scale reactors in Australia for the last two years, but people are not listening. I think we should be building reactors at the scale of a large wind turbine. There are reactors being built in the world today that are five megaw reactors. I've just told you that a big wind turbine is seven megawatts. Now what are you going to choose? A five megawatt reactor or a seven megawatt wind turbine one that's going to be on all the time, that connect into the grid that you've already got. It's very close to an existing power source. It's got a safety case, which is the container on the pad. You don't need a ten kilometer safety zone. These are already licensed. I mean in Idaho they're building one of these things. Bill Gates is building a molten salt reactor in Yo. These are actual, real projects that are being built now. The great thing about them is that we already have a supply chain in Australia. Because these reactors are smaller than the Opal reactor, which has a twenty megawatt core is we've already approved that in Australia. So I think we've got to move away from the gigawatts and fear and move to the megawatts.
Speaker 2: And you've called the gen cost reported a con gen con call it.
Speaker 8: Gen Con report. It's worse than that.
Speaker 23: It's it's actually a form of fascism. It is put together by an economist with a master's degree and a person who is a proponent of wavepower. It's not the CSIRO report. It's ten spreadsheets which are sold to the Australian public as if it's mandated by somebody who can spell nuclear. It has not a single ounce of ability. I believe that we could have a new report. In fact, I was talking to one of my colleagues that we're going to start at or start up to do this, to take out the gen con narrative and to create reports for a municipality level, for each municipality of what nuclear could do with you for you with these smaller plants that I'm talking about. Some of these plants could literally be in our backyard within five to seven years. That's the build time. It's about the same duration as a wind turbine project, a big wind to burn project takes. We just have to change about the paradigm. We lift the ban, we take the power away from the central government and we give it back to state governments.
Speaker 7: Chams Adie just quickly.
Speaker 6: The UAE, they've got lots of sun as we do, but they've introduced nuclear. What's happened to the price of electricity since they've gone nuclear.
Speaker 23: Well, first of all, it's become much better quality, so you can keep your industry going. And the other great thing about it is that they've really solved the problem of all the the gas and other plants that they were using. Now they built big ones because they had a big problem, but the people in other communities are building small ones. So the UAE actually built big plants. First one seven years, second one five years. It's just wrong to suggest that it takes too long, cost too much. What costs too much is not being strategic. Nuclear is complicated, but hey, we can deal with complexity.
Speaker 8: We're Australia and you.
Speaker 1: Reckon the cost will come down with nuclear energy in this country.
Speaker 23: I am absolutely certain because I'm an expert on the grid, not just nuclear.
Speaker 8: The cost at defence.
Speaker 23: You pay more for the cost of defence of the plant, but the cost in the home goes down to one third. We know this from Finland their big expense of late nuclear plant when they switched it on the price of electricity to finish computer consumers went to thirty percent.
Speaker 2: Fantastic done, brilliant eighty Patterson, Thanks so much for talking to us. Fountain knowledge there on nuclear energy and.
Speaker 1: There's so much more we could talk about there.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for coming on Outsiders today. In a tick, what's more coming up here on Outsiders?
Speaker 6: Welcome back to Outsiders. Well, Australia lost a great man last week.
Speaker 8: Don't worry.
Speaker 6: The Archbishop of Hobart is very much alive. It's just that, at age seventy five, Julian Porteus has now reached the age at which bishops must retire. Who says American politics couldn't learn something from the Catholic Church.
Speaker 7: But I digress.
Speaker 6: With the bishop's retirement, it's worth remembering how he rose to national prominence in the first place. It was during the same sex marriage debate that Julian Portius wrote a booklet entitled Don't Mess with Marriage. It never occurred to him that the Tasmanian Anti discrimination commissioner was about to mess with him. The Catholic bishop was merely doing what Catholic bishops do. He wrote a booklet outlining Catholic doctrine for Catholic parents who were interested in Catholic teaching, and that's when a transgendered activist and federal Green's candidate stepped in. The activists complained to the commission that the booklet Catholic doctrine was insulting.
Speaker 24: The Catholic Church says its booklet is respectful, but it actually causes immeasurable harm to same sex couples and their families, particularly those who are students, parents, or teachers within the Catholic education system. As mayors know from our history what damage prejudice can cause, and now, wisely, we have laws to prevent this harm.
Speaker 7: As well as an apology.
Speaker 6: The activists demanded that Catholic Education implement a and I quote lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersect awareness program for all Catholic staff and students, kind of like how the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras has a Catholic awareness program for We'll hang on.
Speaker 7: No, they don't.
Speaker 24: All I'm asking is the Church turn its rhetoric of respect for all into reality.
Speaker 6: It actually sounded a little bit like asking that the church turn its doctrine into LGBTQ plus rehtoric. In Tasmania, it's illegal to engage in conduct that insults someone on the basis of their sexual orientation if it's reasonable to anticipate that someone might be insulted. In other words, you have to anticipate the feelings of complete strangers before you say anything. And failing to correctly anticipate how your words might make someone who you've never met feel well, that can put you in breach of the law. And this was Bishop Porteus's mistake. He should have anticipated that a transgendered activist might intercept his letter to Catholic parents and be suddenly offended by Catholic teaching that's been well known for two thousand years. Here's Bishop Porteus speaking at the time.
Speaker 25: I appreciate that some may find this teaching difficult to accept. I simply wish to clearly express yes the teaching of the Catholic Church. The Church respects the dignity of every person. It does not condemn people. It does seek to serve people and the society by presenting his understanding of what marriage and family are intended to be. And this is based on what the Sacred Scriptures teach.
Speaker 6: Tasmanian's then anti discrimination commissioner, Robin Banks, great name for a public servant, if ever there was one, concluded that the complaint against Bishop Porteus had merit. Miss Banks attempted what the anti discrimination tribunal called conciliation. Conciliation means the act of stopping someone from being angry. So if Catholic doctrine makes you angry, the Antidiscrimination Commission will facilitate conciliation because the state is now responsible to help you manage your feelings when you hear bits of.
Speaker 8: The Bible that you don't like.
Speaker 6: Many reports at the time said that all the activist wanted was for the Catholic Church to make amendments to its booklet on marriage. Bishop Portius must have felt so stupid. How much time he could have saved, how much trouble he could have saved if only he had allowed activists to edit Catholic doctrine before he preached it, and while he was at it, he could have had activists run their eye over the doctrine of the virgin Birth, the Crucifixion, the Resurrection, and the return of Christ, just to make sure they were all LGBTQ plus compliant. Well, when the Catholic Church refused to change its two thousand year old doctrine on the say so of an activist, and when the activist refused to accept the bishop's statement of regret for causing offense, the Anti discrimination Commissioner decided the matter would go to a tribunal hearing. Well, the activists eventually dropped the complaint and later went on to become the first biological man to be recognized on Tasmania's Honor Roll of Women. Bishop Portius, however, was left with a legal bill totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars and the mental toll of having spent a year agonizing over whether or not he would be criminalized for expressing his andcerely held Christian beliefs to other Christians. The activists could afford to drop the case against Catholic bishop. Because activists don't need a favorable judgment in order to win. They merely need to make an example of one minister and a thousand other ministers across the country not wanting the expense or the stress of being dragged before the courts, or they can be counted on to censor themselves, but not Archbishop Porteus.
Speaker 7: One of his final.
Speaker 6: Acts just last month was to write a letter to the church reaffirming the Christian view on gender, sexuality and the sanctity of life. Well predictably, the letter was immediately condemned by a quality Tasmania President Rowan Richardson, who told the ABC and I quote this letter has a number of misinformation and disinformation and also some homophobic and transphobic beliefs in it. Now that's a very modern way of saying I don't like what the archbishop said. Tasmanian Green's leader Rosalie w also condemned the letter, telling the ABC she would and I quote consider what the next step should be.
Speaker 7: What does she mean by next step? A cup of tea and all lie down.
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 2: Joining us now is former senior advisors to Donald Trump, Christian Whitten. Christian Great to see you again, well, Donald Trump and the debate coming up this week. So what are you expecting from the debate with Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: Will Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: Manage to find his way to the podium, or we'll be wandering around at the wrong podium or looking for the door out the back or whatever.
Speaker 1: What are you expecting, Christian.
Speaker 26: Well, certainly, if the G seven was any indication, he will be wandering off and staring blankly into the distance. But there's a little bit of a problem that's you know, with debates, it's not just performance, it's expectations. You know, I think this is ancient history now, but going back, you know, Dan Quail, the Vice president in nineteen eighty eight, failed bad in his debate. Ninety two comes along, everyone expects him to do poorly. I think he actually beat Al Gore, but because the expectation game everyone, it actually came out as a wash. Today, everyone is expecting Joe Biden to do so poorly based on his recent performances.
Speaker 1: All he has to do.
Speaker 26: Is sort of get through it without a massive embarrassment and just the usual sort of small number of gaffes, sort of like the State.
Speaker 1: Of the Union.
Speaker 26: And people might say he's going to do well The big problem is is that I'm not sure debates have the impact that they used to do, especially when in this case there is no newcomer. We have four years of Biden, can compare that to four years of Trump, and voters can render their judgment based on that.
Speaker 5: Well, the polling is very interesting. Indeed, polling in recent day shows Trump is ahead in every swing state, and there's also been some analysis on the swing states that are the most ethnically diverse are the ones more likely to favor Trump.
Speaker 3: So tell me about that coalition he's.
Speaker 5: Building of Hispanic voters trying to attract black voters. You've always been such a such supporters of the Democrats in recent decades.
Speaker 26: Right, and Trump even giving a visiting Detroit, a majority black city somewhere, a city that's been majority black for about a century, and also doing things like holding rallies in the Bronx. These are non traditional places that Republicans go. In fact, New York City and It's five boroughs very democratic. The Bronx is the most democratic and still drying a big crowd. I would still be pretty surprised if New York City or New York State goes for Trump. But he is making big inroads.
Speaker 1: And if you look at.
Speaker 26: The board, the Democrats have to win almost all of the swing states, including the two heavyweights, which are Michigan and Pennsylvania. If Republicans win either Michigan or Pennsylvan, then the night's over. Donald Trump will be the next president. And if you look Trump, it's close in Michigan and it's close in Pennsylvania. But he's farther ahead in other swing states. Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, which has been trending Democrat in recent elections, is looking good for him. Ohio used to be a swing state.
Speaker 1: It's not anymore.
Speaker 26: Florida used to be a swing state. He's ahead comfortably there. So a lot can happen and a lot can be wrong.
Speaker 1: With poles, polls.
Speaker 26: Tend to become a little less accurate now that we're into summer, after a Memorial Day, which is the traditional start of the summer in America. But things are looking fairly decent right now.
Speaker 6: James Christian talk to us about what the world might look like if Trump is successful. I mean, it's on fire during the Biden administration. But Trump says he'll fix Ukraine, He'll do something different in the Middle East. What will the world look like? Foreign policyise if he gets up.
Speaker 26: Right and he has the benefit of being a challenger where you don't actually have to go into could detail. But the public doesn't expect that. America is a fairly insular country. Foreign policy can get you in trouble as a presidential candidate, but seldom does that.
Speaker 1: Win you votes.
Speaker 26: But having said that again, we have four years of experience with Trump. Trump gave I think, the benefit of the doubt to China. You may recall in his first year in office, he had a summon at mar A Lago. There were four pillars, no one remembers what they are. He gave it a mini trade deal to China. But then China inflicted the coronavirus on the world and has not accounted for that or come clean about its origins. So I think you'd see a second Trump term without as much chaos and without as much groping for what America first policy really means. Robert O'Brien, who was the final national security of the four that Trump had, I would say he was the only good one, wrote something recently in Foreign Affairs and Establishment Magazine here, But saying basically it would be a return to Ronald Reagan's style peace through strength, meaning we don't go abroad looking to do nation building. We're trying to pull back on the counter insurgency operations in Middle Eastern backwaters no one has heard about. And Trump does want to negotiate with Russia, which for some reason is controversial here. But perhaps most significantly in that O'Brien essay that he wrote in Foreign Affairs, is a major shift in attention to the Pacific, to the Endo Pacific, including deploying the entire US Marine Corps there as it was in World War Two, and a big naval focus, less focus on counterinsurgency, and a strategic delinkage with the Chinese economy.
Speaker 2: And I gather Christian that you're being very humble because you did have a role in that article in the Robot O'Brian peace. So and Trump listens to you guys the Middle East, as James was saying, you know, he gave us the abram Accords, et cetera. Is there you know that's a major focus Trump, isn't it If he gets back in.
Speaker 1: I think it would have to be.
Speaker 26: You know, everyone would love to move beyond the Middle East and focus on bigger threats. I think the United States and Australia probably more concerned about China. We'd love to focus attention there, but the Middle East always seems to pop back up. You know, he's going to inherit a very bad situation. Iran is just four years farther down the road. It has a virtual nuclear weapons capability. It has the advanced uranium centrifuges. A uranium bomb is particularly scary because you don't have to master implosion or some of the precision timing and neutron initiation. The bomb we dropped on Hiroshima uranium bomb. We didn't even test it before. We were so certain it would work. The bomb that was tested before was actually a plutonium bomb. So long story short, you have the potential of a nuclear breakout in the Middle East, and will countries like Saudi Arabia take the word of any administration, Republican or Democrat that they are under the US nuclear umbrella. They want nuclear weapons themselves. So you have that situation. You have a situation where Iran is really feeling like it it's pushing on an open door where it can you know, basically terrorize the Red Sea through it's hoothy proxy army. It's at war with Israel, with Hamas and also with Hesblas. So Donald Trump did turn this situation around before again using sort of a military show of force. But he's going to hear a very different situation that's more dangerous and also a fiscal crisis in the United States where we spend seven trillion dollars every year despite the lack of a national emergency, and two trillion of that is borrowed up to about one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Of GDP on debt.
Speaker 26: So I think you'd see a much stronger resolve in the Middle East, but not necessarily a quick switch row.
Speaker 2: Fantastic Christian Witton, thanks for chatting to us here on outside. Is always great to chat to you, because I think a few.
Speaker 1: Months and years aheads coming up clown show in It's.
Speaker 8: Roll Up, Roll Up.
Speaker 1: It's the craziest, wackier show in town. It's the Candra clown Show.
Speaker 2: And this week's lion Tamer Peter Dutton really put the cat among the pigeons inside the Burley Griffin Big Top with his nuclear energy policy.
Speaker 9: What fun We've looked at the International experience. We've looked at why Australians are paying the highest electricity prices in the world. We've looked at the expert advice from the regulator who's now telling us that under labors renewables only policy there is a greater likelihood of blackouts and brownouts. We know that the government has a renewables only policy which is just not fit for purpose. No other country in the world can keep the lights on twenty four to seven with the renewables only policy.
Speaker 2: All perfectly true in all common sense, and the answer is nuclear energy. On top of which, if you happen to believe we need to lower our carb and emissions, well nuclear does that too. Mister Dutton then went on to outline a plan for seven nuclear power plants to provide baseload along with more gas and renewables as part of the mix. Sensible Australians around the nation nodded in agreement and heaved a sigh of relief, even from beyond the grave. Yes, Bob Hawk, as recently as twenty seventeen at the Woodford Festival was busy selling the very same idea, saying quote, the time has come. This is Bob Hawk's words, the time has come when we've got to think big. If we're going to face the big issues of our time, we're going to have to be prepared to think about changes that are quite radical.
Speaker 8: This is Bob Hawk.
Speaker 1: He went on. Nuclear power would be a win.
Speaker 2: For the environment and an essential part of the attacking that must be made on this grievous and dangerous global warming. It would be, said Bob Hawk, a big win for the global environment and a win for Australia. He could not have put it any clearer than that. Were they not such a bunch of clowns, the Albozo troop would have simply agreed with Peter Dutton and legislator to remove the moratorium on nuclear power.
Speaker 1: But where would be the fun in that.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 2: Instead, true to form, the clown show went into top gear, led of course by Albozo.
Speaker 27: Himself, one of your predecording care a much loved figure in your party, and beyond that, the late great Bob Hawk.
Speaker 1: He said in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 27: Nuclear power would be a win for the environment and an essential part of attacking dangerous global warming.
Speaker 1: Why not at least consider it.
Speaker 10: Let's beically here. Bob Hawk can't speak for himself. So I think it's pretty that the coalition attempting to use are quite out of context as well of.
Speaker 1: My dear late friend Bob Hawk. Sorry albozare you not going to get away with that one?
Speaker 2: Mister Hawk can speak for himself, and indeed he did at the Woodford Festival in front of thousands of people.
Speaker 1: That's his legacy.
Speaker 2: Those words were mister Hawk's full and honest and unqualified opinion, and very much not taken out of context, but rather squarely within the context of political debate, delivered at a hippie festival, no less, to an adoring bunch of lefties. The rest of the clown troop then fell all over each other, desperately trying to outdo Albozo in the silliness stakes.
Speaker 1: Have a listen to.
Speaker 2: Defense clown miles struggling to admit that labor is happy to attack the cost of nuclear energy, but hasn't the faintest clue about the cost of.
Speaker 1: Their own renewables. What's the cost of the total renewables roll out?
Speaker 28: Well, what we are, what we're seeing with renewables is and this is the big difference tod ape compared to where we were at a decade or fifteen years ago. Is that the cheapest form of energy in the system is renewable energy. Yeah, but what's the total cost our energy price? Well, the answer to the question around price is that we've seen a dramatic drop in the wholesale energy price as a result of seeing more renewables into the grid.
Speaker 1: And is it over a trillion? Is it over a trillion dollars?
Speaker 28: Well, I mean you can pick out figures over particular.
Speaker 8: Periods of time, but you don't know the total cost.
Speaker 28: Well, what we know is that energy prices, wholesale energy prices are going down.
Speaker 2: Well, what a clown shoh, But what was passed for intelligent debate from labor That is what you get. The rest of the circus opted for silly scare tactics and memes like this one or this silly image plus somewhat dangerously, I would have thought they borrowed the slogan from the voice if you don't know, No, that's a bit risky.
Speaker 1: But then they just got downright silly. Mind you.
Speaker 2: It's a clown show, So I guess they can be forgiven with this snow white and the seven nuclear reacts eye which failed spectacularly in the human Mistakes, and then they became obsessed with creatures with three eyes, like this gag from just into Alan more three eyed creatures.
Speaker 15: Here.
Speaker 2: Even Andrew Lee, supposedly the brainy member of the clown show, he got in on the three eyed act as well. Still, I always say what's good for the goose is good for the gander. So it wasn't long before Alboso himself had gained that all important.
Speaker 1: Third nuclear eye. But the clown show.
Speaker 2: Was really just warming up, and I think it's got a lot long way to go. Here's Albow's latest argument against efficient, reliable, permanent based load power.
Speaker 10: If you go outside hit astray, you can fry an egg on a footpath during the summer. We had the best solar resources in the world.
Speaker 8: That's it. That's it.
Speaker 2: Who needs reliable energy when ozzies can simply duck outside and fry up an egg and breakfast on the pavement? Is this serious? Bring on the next selection? I say it cannot come soon enough. Meanwhile, over in London, Elbows fellow labor clowns were busy performing a circus act all of their very own as they hurtle towards what looks like being the most left wing government in Europe under the woful cure Starmer. Here is the next Prime Minister of Britain chatting to the left wing mayor of London, the equally appalling Saddi Khan. See if you can spot watch really closely, see if you spot whether there's anything any word, I don't know, any conceptual thing perhaps or a phrase that strikes you as missing from this particular insightful exchange.
Speaker 29: One of the things that is coming up over and over again is Islamophobia. And when you can see the stats, you can see the numbers rising, particularly since October the seventh. Although we shouldn't fall into the trap of thinking that before October the seventh this was all heading in the right direction. It's been far too high for far too long. Clearly, we need to just say over and over again, Islamophobia is intolerable. It can never ever be justified, and we have to continue with the zero tolerance approach. And I think there's more we can do in government. The certainly stuff online, which I think needs tackling much more robustly than it is at the moment.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping cares.
Speaker 5: Your experience as a prosecutor means you'll be thinking about the strategy we can use to make sure we say action against those who.
Speaker 7: Break the law.
Speaker 2: Oh great, right, Oh, just to be clear, the next British Prime Minister intends to take strong action, especially but not exclusively, in the light of October seventh, to crack down on is lama phobia rights. Like I said, don't think low labor clown shows are restricted exclusively to these shores. But back to the burning issue of the week. Remember that hilarious old clown, professor Tim Flannery, the genius who came up with lines like this one that still gets a laugh seventeen years on.
Speaker 27: Even the rain at Falls isn't actually going to Fillo dams and our river system.
Speaker 2: Look outside, Tim, Yes, well that's Tim's kind of disappeared now from the circus limelight these days. But fear not, the Climate Council that he is still a member of has no shortage of clowns busily learning their lines about the terror of nuclear power.
Speaker 30: What mister Dutton's asking us to do is just let things burn, let the climate burn. Their so called plan, which is just a scheme, is to let climate pollution bleoarn out of control, driving black summers, driving floods like twenty twenty two, and we can't afford to just let things burn.
Speaker 2: That's Greg Mullins, a real climate kook. Personally, I would have thought that this mob would have welcomed nuclear energy, which after all, has zero emissions.
Speaker 17: But oh no, Hi everyone, Amanda Mackenzie, the CEO of the Climate Council.
Speaker 3: It's been a big day today.
Speaker 17: Peter Dutton announced his nuclear policy and the Climate Council and many others across the community have come out slamming that policy as a disaster. We've caught it radioactive green washing because it's simply a smoke screen for more and more fossil fuels. Their policy is just let it burn. Let the bushfires, the megaphires burn, Let the floods flood, Let the heat become unbearable. Let the climate crisis ruin the future for our kids. And we're not going to stand for it.
Speaker 2: Ah hyperbol burn, baby, burn, burn this burn.
Speaker 1: That's nice to see.
Speaker 2: Everyone at the Climate Council's from the same fiery songs sheet with equal burning passion. On a sadder note, Donald Suttherlan died this week. The here of many great movies, but I particularly love this one, especially dedicated to our friends at the Climate Council from Kelly's Heroes Burning Bridges.
Speaker 7: I've got some important news for you.
Speaker 31: There is a big national security risk to Orcus posed by Labour's offshore wind farm. Here are three things that you need to know. Number One, Australian submarines currently train and operate in the waters that are designated for the wind farm, and from twenty twenty seven they'll be joined by up to three US nuclear submarines which will be operating out of Perth under the Orcus arrangements. Number Two, China produces the vast majority of the world's wind turbines, so that's a good chance quite a few of the wind turbines installed will be from China.
Speaker 2: So Andrew makes the point James and Rita that Chris Bowen hasn't even consulted He's sticking these wind farms and wind turbines out in the very area where the ORCA subs are supposed to be, hasn't consulted the Americans, And that the Chinese will be building those wind farms and they can stick any amount of technology stuff in their James, they can monitor the entire Alcas fleet from their wind farms.
Speaker 1: A brilliant piece there from Andrew Hasty James. What do you make of it?
Speaker 7: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: I thought our problem was that these wind farms would interrupt whale migration patterns. Turns out it's much worse than that. It's our nuclear subs that will be affected. Unbelievable. They've not thought of this, reader.
Speaker 5: I'm just the national security risk with China's input into those structures and their massive structures. So if you wanted to have some sort of surveillance or something there that shouldn't be there, how would we they ever policed that. So it is just giving not just enormous amounts of money to China, but it's also giving them the sort of power that is I think quite dangerous to our national security. Can we see how they count out to China, But they couldn't even use a stronger word than clumsy to condemn what they did.
Speaker 2: It's a vote these clowns out seriously. Leela khaled Is, as recognized, has a history of terrorism, and she has been invited to this country. She's speaking in this country. We spoke, We drew your attention. To this on Outsiders several months ago. She's still coming. They're still promoting her, particularly at a time when we've seen what has happened in the Middle East. Absolutely disgraceful, Rita. I'm also we were talking earlier about University of Sydney. I would say if you if you are funding Sydney University, if you've got Jewish kids going there or any kids there, pull your kids out and defund Sydney University. It is a disgraced what is going on. That's it Broutsiders this week. We'll be back next Sunday. Thank you so much for watching, and we'll see you Sunday morning, nine am.
Speaker 8: Seeya