Speaker 1: Apod Shape Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mom?
Speaker 1: Podcast?
Speaker 3: I did your trick where you say, put their lunch bags, you know, like the proper like lunch bags. Put them in the dishwasher like you said to do, like just put a load on and all the rest.
Speaker 4: Now they came out alright.
Speaker 1: I put them in the washing machine.
Speaker 4: Oh I think you told me, dishwasher. That's hats fuck well Sam, dish washer. It came up still good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, lunch doesn't take.
Speaker 3: The mold out of them, though, the mold spots, like the tiny little when I'm saying mold, I don't send my kids with mold inside. But it was just like the fabric on the outside of a lunch bag. It had tiny little spots on it, and I was hoping that that maybe it would have come out in the washing machine.
Speaker 4: But do you know what I did? Threw it out, so bad of me, and then I got them one for a Christmas present.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do that.
Speaker 2: Christmas is so bloody expensive, and then there's still stuff you need to but I put it underwear, nickers and socks, and they're stocking every.
Speaker 4: Year every year.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's a present that's like almost generations like handed down. You just knew that you didn't have to buy if you were running short on undies towards the back end of the year, you knew you didn't have to buy any because Mum would have always bought it. Like, no matter what age.
Speaker 4: One still does it. It's random.
Speaker 3: She brought me two pairs of undies and put them in my I was like, why did you buy me undies? Because we just It's always something that you need.
Speaker 2: But it's also something that you don't buy for yourself. I remember reading something recently and it said, don't worry about that cute little outfit for your kid.
Speaker 1: You need a new bra.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 3: I've got a friend she was saying that her husband has worn these pair of undies for twelve years.
Speaker 4: They've lasted twelve years. Comfortable, that's what he calls them. Comfy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's like this on joke because they're like they've got holes in them onsides, like wear his hips up.
Speaker 4: We still won't give them up to twelve years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing has held You might as well just wear nothing because nothing's being held together.
Speaker 1: Want a return on your investment, though, twelve twelve years.
Speaker 4: Twelve years. I'm all for paying more at the start.
Speaker 3: If you are going to get more of aware out of them, not just knickers, but like anything. But twelve years out of one pery drugs, that's a solid effort.
Speaker 2: I've got some pretty horrible underwear now I think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's comfortable.
Speaker 5: How old are they where I am aut am?
Speaker 2: I bad mum for not having any sympathy. As we know, it took me about two years to convince my girls to actually try and get a job, and now they both have part time jobs smackers. Ye Holly, I'm finding really builds it up before she has a shift, she gets anxious, she gets worried about it. I said to her on a couple of occasions, if you don't like it there and you don't want to do that job, you need to find another job first. When you get offered that role, you can then quit this one. Yeah, you don't just quit after a few months. I had to do the whole chat about how it looks on your CV if you've gone to do a job and then three weeks later you've left, and all the rest of it, and the fact that it's so much easier to get a job when you're in a job. I've had all those conversations. I think what it turned out to be was that she didn't really want any job. So that's her, and Amelia just gets on with it and goes.
Speaker 3: Can we just talk about like the part that comes with that, Katie is for someone that has sat and watched your girls grow. It's so funny to hear you say that, because in my hair.
Speaker 1: It'd be the other way.
Speaker 4: I had the roles reversed, right.
Speaker 3: I had meals being a little bit more reserved, probably not loving it, don't want to really go, I don't want to get dirty.
Speaker 4: Kind of vibe. Holly would never have picked it, I know.
Speaker 1: Do you know what's so interesting?
Speaker 2: Because I was exactly the same, and you would think that by looking at the differences in them, that is what you would assume. When they were in prep in primary school, they were in class together, and I remember they said, grade one, do you want to split them up? And that was important to me because they're identical twins, so no one really knew which one they were, and they kind of didn't have their own identity, and I thought they'd be able to have their own friends. You know, they'd be able to see what individually they're good at and all the rest of it.
Speaker 1: And so I agree, and I was exactly the same. I was like, Amelia is going to really struggle.
Speaker 2: Colly's teacher said she walked in that day and she just clung onto the bookcase and wouldn't move. She was so overwhelmed by the fact that her sister wasn't there. It was so interesting to me because she doesn't come across as that person. She comes across as the more confident one.
Speaker 3: When they're together and you put the two of them together and they're dynamic, I would say that Hollywood come across as being more dominant one. She was the one that was happy to be the jokest, like step up and like really when they're together in that dynamic, So to even like think which is good, just means she's growing and finding herself and doing all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they've come home from work one day, They've both had a shift, and they said to me, oh my god, mom, that was so stressful. It was so stressful.
Speaker 1: I was like, what job were you on? Fries?
Speaker 2: Oh it's stressful, really, Yeah, because everybody wants fries. Every customer that comes in they want fries, so you have to keep up with the orders.
Speaker 1: Jay has looked at me and gone.
Speaker 2: So you take the frozen fries out of the freezer, You put them in the fryer, you press the button for it to start. It finishes after thirty seconds or whatever it is, and then you hand them to them in a cup. This is gonna be the least stressful thing that you do. This is the least stressful job you will ever have.
Speaker 1: They argue with me, Rach, I've got no idea.
Speaker 2: I was like, mate, I did chips on quiz night at the local pub Juesday night. I know what it's like to make fries for everyone, and you go home and you stink and you have to wash your hair because it smells like fried oil.
Speaker 4: But I was like this, you got no idea. I've got no idea. I was like, mate, I've never had anything stressful in your life.
Speaker 2: I have done so many jobs like that part time job.
Speaker 3: I just love that you're still explaining yourself about having no idea, Like, why do they think at that point You've got no idea?
Speaker 4: You've done nothing stressful.
Speaker 3: You only raised two identical twins till at the age of sixteen.
Speaker 4: So far and you got no idea.
Speaker 2: I've got no idea. It just blows my mind. And they're so sure of themselves. You've got no idea. No, you wouldn't have done this. I'm like, mate, you do three hour shifts, Wait until you do eight hours.
Speaker 4: Wait until you do eight hours.
Speaker 3: Were they both on fries at the same time, so don't even get me started.
Speaker 2: When they're on bev cell. That's next level stress apparently, And they will not hear me say this is the least stressful thing you're ever gonna do.
Speaker 3: I am not taking away because I understand that at their age and their brain capacity, this is huge for them.
Speaker 4: But gosh, it's just wonderful.
Speaker 2: I find it very amusing when they look at what shifts they've got for the next week and they go, oh my god, it's like three and a half hours that one. It seems so long.
Speaker 1: I'm like, does it?
Speaker 3: I imagine that three and a half hours if you left the money in your account long enough to be able to spend it over three and a half hours.
Speaker 4: Like, there's both sides of it. For me, I was so work.
Speaker 3: And money driven at their age, I was like, yeah, no, I gotta work because I love the money part of it, Like I loved that reward part, Like I always understood the reward part, but the stress lever I never really I don't know. I don't remember being super stressed at their age.
Speaker 2: I did say to them, I was like, really, if you look at the black and white of it, you're telling me that three hours making hot chips is stressful.
Speaker 4: I think resilience building.
Speaker 3: Go and take them on an excursion or a camp or like climbing the mountain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they need the second job. Yeah, it should have been.
Speaker 2: Am I a bad mum for not telling them about life? I worked in a supermarket on the checkout and did eight hour shifts?
Speaker 4: Yeah I did. I think probably, I don't want to say it. It might be illegal, but it's like I did twelve hour days.
Speaker 3: We did seven to seven on a Sunday because like Sundays were extra I would work seven am until seven pm at the cheesecake shop, solid because I was like, oh that's cash money for me. Yeah, but that was like the longest twelve hours of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so boring, so boring, stressful.
Speaker 3: Cutting up cheesecakes, taking Pablo over out of the Ovenlike.
Speaker 2: One day you will wish you were doing a three hour shift on fries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, fries. Do you know the most stressful part of that for me? If I was on fries would be not to have one.
Speaker 4: That would be stressful. I'd be making there. I'd like, well for me, right, stress on not eating? That would be me.
Speaker 3: But if you had to do a three hour shift at mc donald's, what area would you be in?
Speaker 1: I'd want to make the burgers. Oh, no, drive three, drive through?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think I'd want to be in front counter because that would then include cleaning the toilets. And everybody knows that McDonald's toilets when like your kids are busting and they're like about to.
Speaker 4: Like shit their pants or something.
Speaker 3: Your lives are like McDonald's pull in quick and they destroy the toilet.
Speaker 1: Do you know what that job is called Keo's Coast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Keio's Coast.
Speaker 2: They make it stressful, So good.
Speaker 4: Not doing that role.
Speaker 3: Oh, make burger's out the back face absolutely