Speaker 1: Every day Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the podcast, kids, And I'm going to ask you this question.
Speaker 3: Have you ever had a shitty birthday?
Speaker 2: Like how we like, like real shitty, like the ultimate shitty birthday?
Speaker 3: Because this woman couldn't have had a worse one.
Speaker 1: Let's talk poor timing, Yes.
Speaker 2: Let's talk at shall we We have some weird conversations in our meetings, And yesterday we were having a chat. I was telling you guys about a story I heard about someone's grandpa who died at the wedding reception at Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Oval ruined that shocking timing, terrible.
Speaker 2: Timing, and because producer Zoe is producing Zoe, she has to one up me all the time.
Speaker 1: She has come here. She's like, well, well ten people died.
Speaker 3: She has come home.
Speaker 2: And has gone bang with a story that he is so outrageous it needs to be told on the radio.
Speaker 3: Let's just hope none of your family members are listening.
Speaker 4: So I've got permission from Bendy my mom. She said, it's all good, but she's keeping my grandma busy for.
Speaker 1: This because your grandma does listen.
Speaker 4: To My grandma does listen to the show.
Speaker 3: Tune out.
Speaker 4: So yeah, six years ago on my grandma's birthday. My grandpa died mid lunch. Wow on her birthday?
Speaker 1: What did he have for lunchrooms?
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, they're taking to the spiciest Mexican restaurant made.
Speaker 4: It was very It wasn't funny at the time, but now it is because it didn't end there.
Speaker 3: We were mid lunch.
Speaker 1: He came back. Okay, back zombie store.
Speaker 3: I'm glad this is funny to you guys.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, Margie, proceed. We have some respect to Andrew.
Speaker 3: We were mid lunch, him be and your for a while.
Speaker 4: So he was upstairs and my grandma on her birthday, goes, I'll fix him a plate, takes it upstairs, comes back down and goes, he's gone. He's not with us, and we all kind of.
Speaker 1: Went, oh, that is terrible timing.
Speaker 4: It was on our actual birthday as well. It got a whole lot worse though, because we had to, you know, do all the formalities. So birthday got put on hold for a set. We had to call the funeral home. They got there and went, oh, you've got stairs, and we're like, yeah, yeah, he's upstairs. He's not down here, he's upstairs, and they went, oh, it doesn't cover our whole work. Heal safety. We can't carry him down. So mum carried her dad downstairs. Her dead father downstairs. It's very not funny, but funny. So she had to carry him downstairs. We sent him off. We all like finally sit down, and so the rest of the family came over to kind of say goodbye, and then we cut cake and saying, have your birthday.
Speaker 6: Birthday, Amen, birthday once you'll never forget. Oh my goodness, that is unbelievable, A bit outrageous, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Let's talk thirteen twenty four ten. Unfortunate timing doesn't have to be death.
Speaker 3: It can be anything.
Speaker 5: Maybe it tween you know, unfortunate events collide. For example, I mean, I just wanted to come into this world nice and safe. But if my little baby boy Sonny came in on grand final.
Speaker 1: Day about this time, buddy, come on, Sonny, read the room. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Going would win by four points and you decide to.
Speaker 5: Ball it all and a right right, Let's go to Jesse. Jesse, good morning to you, good morning. Take us through your particular situation.
Speaker 7: So my nana is the funeral I arrived about ten minutes after the viewing had started. Yeah, and my mom and Auntie had been in already and noticed that it was not my nana in the coffin. It was some other lady. So the funeral home told my mum and my auntie that the funeral had to go on because everyone was there. So we were made to sit through a funeral with some other lady's body in the coffin.
Speaker 1: So was it was it an open cask funeral?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 7: Yeah, as soon as my mom and Auntie realized it was not my nana, they closed the viewing and no one.
Speaker 5: Was allowed in Jesse before we go on permission to have a bit of a giggle at the.
Speaker 7: Time, Well, my nana was a bit of a jokes about it, but at this time it was a bit traumatic.
Speaker 1: What about the what about the funeral part? Now I got to push her. Now, who was who was the lady?
Speaker 7: There's a lady from South Australia who had no family here in the country. Ah, so she was she was just going to have like a little memorial thing at the funeral home.
Speaker 1: What that's gone.
Speaker 3: It's a bit of a wind Jesse for her, isn't it?
Speaker 2: I mean, if you were going to have no one at your funeral and then suddenly you had fifty people, even though they thought you were someone else.
Speaker 3: It's a small victory, and death isn't.
Speaker 5: It a small as a wind? So so then so then did they get the right body? I just don't know how to word.
Speaker 3: What do you mean? Did they get the right body? Did you have another one?
Speaker 1: Where was Nan?
Speaker 7: We don't really know. They cremated Nana's body before we could actually do a viewing.
Speaker 2: Her. Why goodness, wow, I mean, please don't say the name of this funeral home.
Speaker 3: No, and if I die, please don't send me there. You guys out? Did you one more question? Jesse? Sorry, it is so fascinating. Did you tell the other people who'd come to say goodbye to you or Nana that it wasn't Nana?
Speaker 7: Not at the time. They found out after we made a story on the current affair. Oh wow, we were told to keep it all quiet by at the funeral hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet, yeah, I mean it's not the best advertisement for all them minute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, come say goodbye to someone else's down. Oh my, oh, Jesse, that's outrageous.
Speaker 1: Thank you for sharing this. Story. This is incredible.
Speaker 2: If you've been waiting to skip the school holiday crowns for your next trip, now.
Speaker 5: Is your chance you take a sneaky weekend with what if dot com?
Speaker 3: Just imagine all those empty beaches.
Speaker 1: For coordination and more on the what if happen?
Speaker 3: What if it's ouzzy for travels? What the Fork? A little survey alert here? Goodness me.
Speaker 2: So basically this segment is the small things in life that you can't get your head around and you look at it, like, for example, when you can't find a fork and you work place kitchen and you go, what the fork?
Speaker 3: Why is that happening?
Speaker 5: It's the thing all across offices, particularly in this country, forks just going missing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so we just thought we'd expanded out all the little things that you simply do not understand.
Speaker 3: And I don't understand this. There is a new survey that's come out and.
Speaker 2: Shockingly, in the UK, more than one point five million people admitted to washing their bath towels once a.
Speaker 1: Year, once a year, once.
Speaker 2: A year your bath tower with all your bodily functions and fluids on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I want to jump on board with this. Unfortunately, if I was in the UK. I think I'm one of those statistics.
Speaker 3: Oh year, really yeah, because I have.
Speaker 1: A shower every morning here at Nover.
Speaker 3: Oh this is disgusting actually, yeah.
Speaker 5: And so we started jan nine and I changed the tower for the first time the other day.
Speaker 3: You didn't, that's what do we mean? What?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Quick matter ten months or nine months?
Speaker 2: And not only that, we figured out there's another bloken engineering who uses that shower and where you figure that.
Speaker 3: You guys have been cheering that time.
Speaker 1: We do because we shower together.
Speaker 5: We don't really, but the tower was actually talking to me the other days, like it's time for you to have a bit of a wash yourself, like up.
Speaker 3: On its hind leaks.
Speaker 1: It was chatting to your genuine piece of cardboard.
Speaker 2: My goodness, they say experts say that you should wash after three to five uses on high temperature sixty degrees to ensure you kill any gems. And just to who's got the time, just to inform you about what you've probably contracted. It's bacteria like Staphylococcus urius that can lead to skin infections and is.
Speaker 1: It really itchy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and fungy like candida yeast can cause issues like athletes foot.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't have athletes.
Speaker 3: Full well not yet.
Speaker 5: Well I've got a fresh towel, though it's just changed a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Oh yuck. And it just made us think about other stuff, like how often would you, say, for example, washing bed sheets.
Speaker 5: You're car bed sheets, obviously fresh bread bed sheets last night, thank you very much. But if when I was in my single days, oh god, you're an absolutely horrendous stuff, I would wonder how how often they get changed?
Speaker 1: Because who's got the time? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: But how No, if you had to put a figure on it.
Speaker 5: How often, Yeah, that'd be once or twice a year, agone. But I would have a shower before I went to bed. So I feel like just to paint a picture here, I'm in a room full of lovely ladies, and I feel like that was the wrong answer, given the absolutely shocked and disgusted looks I'm getting right now.
Speaker 3: That is gross. What about your pajamas? Let's talk about your pajamas.
Speaker 1: Pajamas? Who wears pajamas these days?
Speaker 3: You know everyone?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What about that frank green bottle? It's in front of us. You gotta wash that out don't do the whole Oh it's water, It's okay.
Speaker 2: No, I mine's starting to taste a little bit funky, like a little bit tinny and jews and was to write to tell me that they can go a little bit moldy the frank green.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, so I don't hate it.
Speaker 3: Probably I don't really wash it at it all?
Speaker 1: Really, so you are an absolute monster yourself. Oh my gosh, oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten, let's do this the washing addition.
Speaker 1: You can take it too, father, What do you mean, newsreader? Abby?
Speaker 5: You can overwash, can't you?
Speaker 3: You to a filth?
Speaker 8: And I don't think I want to work here anymore. So I used to dance with a woman. Oh she'll remain nameless, but she had five children, and we're all sitting around having a champagne one night after dance rehearsals, and she let us know that she washes her towels every single day. What every single day she puts those bad boys through the washing machines.
Speaker 3: And she's not five kids, five kids? That's she just a permanent washer? Is that all she does all day? Every day?
Speaker 8: I would assume so, because how do you have time to do anything else?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? And what was your response to that?
Speaker 8: I just, literally, as I do, lost my marbles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what'd you say to her? I can't repeat it?
Speaker 1: On Anne?
Speaker 3: Did you accuse her of single handedly draining the Murray? I did?
Speaker 8: Actually, yeah, I said, you're the reason that the Murray river's low, because around that time it was it got really low. But now we've had flood since and we're fine.
Speaker 5: So did the washing machine luck out when I went to that particular house, Like I'm going to my forever home and.
Speaker 8: Now I'll tell this story quickly because my sister will kill me. But my oldest sister, I remember when she was living at home, she I don't think, changed her sheets for I don't know how long, and they started ripping down the bottom of the sheets.
Speaker 3: And now I'm crusty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my mother was not a happy woman. It was disgusting. God, people are feral.
Speaker 5: What the fork the washing habits edition? It was a call give us an example. Thirteen twenty four ten. Some real dirty cats out there, and guess what I'm king of them?
Speaker 3: We got a beach house action two hundred dollars beach house worth entertain the kids.
Speaker 2: This school holidays produce and you're going to throw your husband under the bus.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: When we first started dating, thankfully, his sister in law, who I actually already knew, came up to me and said, look, I'm just letting you know. I don't know the last time his sheets were washed, so I made sure I wash them before you came. And also, he's like, you hazy, not a fan of pajamas, but I feel like, if you're not wearing pajamas, you need to make sure those sheets are washed. Even more, Yes, if you're because all your bits are all over the sheet.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you, we work with you.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure bits aren't leaking.
Speaker 5: I promise we're at this text as well from John and Seat and he said, I have a shower in the morning, but not at night.
Speaker 1: Is that bad? Does that count?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You need to have it. You need to have a shower before you get into your sheets, all right? Cursed if your thoughts on this.
Speaker 9: I got into serious trouble with my partner because I put a handtowel in with the socks and jocks.
Speaker 1: God forbid.
Speaker 9: I don't know what he thought was going to happen to said handtowel, but anyway, I got I got blasted.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well lead the goodness.
Speaker 3: You can put a hand down in with your normal.
Speaker 5: Washing handtail's likely to survive in amongst the socks and jocks. I just gang up on.
Speaker 6: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: I'm chocking everything in together, from tea towels to your normal towels, to your socks to.
Speaker 3: Your underwear towels go in their own wash. No they don't. Yes, no they don't.
Speaker 1: They don't.
Speaker 3: Again with the opinions from you, when you.
Speaker 1: Does all your washing, had a lot to say.
Speaker 3: Kelly, your thoughts, you're washing thoughts.
Speaker 10: I hate it when you go to the laundry mat and they're washing their dogs.
Speaker 2: No, this is why I avoid the laundromat at all times. We had our washing machine Kelly broke down for about a month before they actually eventually came out and repaired it, and I had to go to the laundrom out. I was like, you're literally putting all your underwear in with some other randoms washing Because I don't care what you do.
Speaker 3: That drum cannot be clean.
Speaker 10: Can That's exactly right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you go, thanks for washing washing new jokes with some someone's dog coach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they shouldn't make sure that. Let's wrap it up with Abby. Good morning, Abby, good morning for us.
Speaker 10: So I do the washing every weekend at our house, but my partner's works jumper things to always only be in there once a week.
Speaker 3: Oh no, and he's wearing it every day.
Speaker 10: Yeah, wedding and being grossed like it's hot, and he'll still wear it.
Speaker 5: It's purely it's purely a smell thing though, Abby, I can tell you I represent the male species and I've got a couple of hoodies that's exactly the same. Unless it's visibly stained or there's some kind of smell coming from it, we're just going to keep on wearing it.
Speaker 10: Well, it's the worst jumper, of course, it's stayed, you know. And apparently him.
Speaker 3: Then what does he do, Abby, what does he do?
Speaker 10: He's just like at the end of the week, he'll put it in the wash pile. But it basically walks.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: But what does he do for work?
Speaker 2: Is what of it?
Speaker 10: Oh he's a truck driver and farmer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a farmer. A lot going on. Hot of stands on that jump, Oh.
Speaker 3: My goodness, that jump.
Speaker 1: It's only yeah, have.
Speaker 5: You we got to turn ad Old beach House. About you, here for you if you'd like it.
Speaker 10: Oh, excellent, thank you.
Speaker 5: Your very work on the beach house. Perfect destination for a fun field day out. It's more fun at their house, the beach house. It's okay.
Speaker 1: We can all be dirty together.
Speaker 3: We are what have we got?
Speaker 2: Three working days and two weekend days left until the children go back to school.
Speaker 3: Hallelujah, thank God.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if any other parents feel this way, but we in the audio household.
Speaker 3: Are counting down. Yeah, it's been a long couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Crawl. Yeah, it's an absolute crawl.
Speaker 5: That guy who's just at the edge of the marathon, he's literally crawling because the legs an't working.
Speaker 1: You've got this, you can do it.
Speaker 3: That's me as a parent right now. Just wobbly legs, you know.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And so yesterday we picked up Harper, who is the four year old, picked her up from childcare so she does half days. So we pick her up at one o'clock and I'm presented with a green pluster scene frog that she'd made, and she was so proud of it.
Speaker 1: Have a listen, gift from the heavens.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful, cold, is it okay, I love it. You're so clever, ye.
Speaker 1: Some question marks. I'm just how beautiful it was to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Well, and to be honest with you, I've just called it a frog and I realized it was a koala.
Speaker 1: Ah, there you are.
Speaker 2: That's how well I'm going at the moment. It was though it was green, not a lot of green green.
Speaker 3: A lot of green tree.
Speaker 2: Frogs had little gurgly eyes that she'd stuck on. Anyway, Susan at the child care said to me, Oh, she had such a good time making that. So we're driving home and I'm thinking, God, how am I going to keep this kid entertained all afternoon? So she's presented me with the green koala and do you know what I did? Though she had so much fun making it, she can make it again.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I squashed the koar you scrunched up in her face.
Speaker 2: One of those parents a little plasters and koala and satura at the kitchen tables.
Speaker 3: It do it all again, darling aramatic? Go on?
Speaker 5: Then yeah, wow, okay man has a single tear ran down her sweet little cheek.
Speaker 3: I mean is that?
Speaker 2: I mean that's at that smacks of desperation. I understand that, but we're all feeling a bit that way, aren't we.
Speaker 5: Well, there is, They're just so kids are so unbelievably crazy energetic that it's not like, let's just exercise for half an hour and have a bit of a spell. If it was up to my son and particularly my daughter, they gave for ten hours straight to reckon.
Speaker 2: And so what have you been doing with Henry that you've been doing all week and you're probably going to have to do again?
Speaker 5: Genuine rotation between going bowling and going to the aquatic center?
Speaker 1: I don't know my name. With the quartic Center, it's really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how do you find the aquatic Center?
Speaker 5: It's an interesting place, isn't it. Yep, everyone's very confident. I think Quatic Center.
Speaker 3: Do you like jumping in the water?
Speaker 1: I don't like. I'm a cat.
Speaker 5: I'm a genuine cat. I don't like touching water, and I like being in the water. It's a heat of pool, particular in the junior section, and even I get too cold real quick.
Speaker 3: Unless the paul is thirty eight degrees, I'm not going in it. Yeah, I'm like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think this one's about thirty six, so for us're not tropical enough.
Speaker 3: It's really not thirteen twenty four ten?
Speaker 2: Are you a parent? Are you crawling to the finish line? And if you've got any ideas whatsoever about how to keep our children entertained for the last couple of days of the school holidays, please let us know, because I'm I'm at the squashing plus the scene frog's face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, specifically, do you have a hack that doesn't involve an iPad?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: You imagine you know how they do the average screen time? Imagine the average screen time for our kids at the moment. Yeah, like, oh, your child was on the iPad.
Speaker 3: For twenty seven hours today.
Speaker 1: Watching Blippy for twenty hours straight.
Speaker 3: No, and I'm like, there's only twenty four hours in a day. How did that happen?
Speaker 5: Gosh, is an extra iPad time shouldn't be humanly possible?
Speaker 3: Tanika, good morning, than good morning? How are you? Yeah, we're so good? Thank you? How are you holding up?
Speaker 10: Not too bad? I work at an ash And something that keeps the kids entertained for hours is something called harmer beads.
Speaker 3: What a harmer bee? They make like.
Speaker 10: Little stencils out of them, and then you just iron them and they just keep making these stencils.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay them from a craft shop, just from a craft shop, Yeah right, okay, anything.
Speaker 10: Else that's about it unless they go outside.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the thing that I mean, ideally you just sort of shift them outside for ages.
Speaker 1: But they get the sniff of that tablet.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh boy, the lorws strung, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Pools real, their pool is very very well.
Speaker 3: He's where you're waking up to Adelaide?
Speaker 5: What's the news sneezies just condensed beautifully, Joe's because you just fear that when you wake up, first thing, you get the information overload.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I get overwhelmed by the shift volume of stuff on my phone now because there's so many different channels.
Speaker 3: Isn't there the Internet? Instagram?
Speaker 1: Internet on your phone?
Speaker 5: Who goods you go within ure phone three?
Speaker 2: It's a sum flip phone.
Speaker 5: Oh good on you pushing against what everyone else is doing?
Speaker 3: Okay, Abby, what's happening in the news?
Speaker 8: Good morning. So basically, if you're heading up South Road, there's still gonna be some road closures around. You know where the Bunnings is on South Road down Edwardstown. Yeah, so it was a massive factory fire last night. It's impacted three businesses, which is obviously really sad five cause investigators are heading back out there this morning to determine what caused it. But dunn Allan Road is closed, so if you're around the area, just be careful of extra traffic.
Speaker 2: That's a shame because South Road normally runs quite smoothly.
Speaker 3: That's a joke, Abby.
Speaker 8: It's one of our best roads, isn't it.
Speaker 3: So that's the first one for me.
Speaker 8: Second one, we've heard a beer keg, but what about a milk keg?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 8: So the Fluorio Milk Company are trying to get everyone to reduce our cub and footprint. They want to reduce single use plastics and today they're unveiling a milk keg, which is a first for South Australia. So they're gonna have milkkegs and surprise, surprise, everything old is new again. So they're bringing back the glass glass bottles. Sure if you had some sort.
Speaker 3: Of brain faced some hell I did, I've.
Speaker 8: But yeah, So they're unveiling that today at the Central Market, so that'll be fun.
Speaker 2: So the milkkeg is that the markets is that right, So West is keg that you speak of, so.
Speaker 8: People will actually be able to buy it and use it. So they're hoping to reduce. So each year I think they're hoping to reduce like seven thousand bottles of household or person or something. Yeah, they're hoping to reduce seven thousand single use plastics each year.
Speaker 3: That's so good. So yeah, I would employ everyone.
Speaker 2: Like every time I go to the supermarket my milk, I ignore the big four supermarket chain milks because they pay the fun is two cents and try and go to Florio milk or also Sata.
Speaker 3: Is the other one here in South Australia. Just go local. So we go Florio milk and it's the best milk.
Speaker 8: Like having a coffee at home is just like having one in a cafe.
Speaker 3: Beautiful milk, very nice work.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to go to a keg party and you find out it's.
Speaker 3: Milk strawberry please.
Speaker 2: A newly married Port Lincoln couple have described the terrifying moments they rushed to rescue were drowning French tourists while on their honeymoon in Indonesia.
Speaker 3: So they're in Bali.
Speaker 2: Lombok Island and everyone's like going, this guy's missing, this guy's missing, And so she turned to her husband and said, you've got to do something. So he's grabbed a kayak, grabbed a paddle, grab some life jackets, gone out and he said he got hit by wave. But as he was getting hit, he heard the man screaming like terrifying SCRAMs. So he's pulled him out of the water and saved his life. Well done, it's amazing good work. That reminded me of I don't want to pay myself as a hero. But when I was on holidays in Thailand, were sitting around by the pool in the resort and I saw this little boy. I was like, oh, don't jump in. He was too little to be able to swim. Don't jump in, don't jump in. And it goes in the deep end and he went straight to the bottom and I'm looking around for his parents nowhere to be seen, and so I just run in and pulled him from the bottom.
Speaker 3: And that could have ended so bad, but they were so casual about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, I presented this half drowned child and they're like, oh, I thank you.
Speaker 3: That from Denmark or somewhere just clearly.
Speaker 1: And he's just like subtly saying that you're a bit of a hero.
Speaker 2: Why did you have to do that saying that.
Speaker 1: I'm just you're saying that, not me. But if I'm a hero and the words you want to use, then I guess we are.
Speaker 3: We're going to have beef todays, just.
Speaker 1: Casually going along it.
Speaker 5: And all of a sudden, I flipped that little red floaty thing they have watch.
Speaker 2: And the.
Speaker 3: Rescue Journey edition the themes. I'm going.
Speaker 1: Remember how they watched Sago.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Ushie, anyway, let's hear about you being a hero.
Speaker 5: Then I've got nothing wrong say except the fact that it's let's round out of the trade to walk and just quickly as what was put out, Lad's trade its future.
Speaker 1: First round picked a Frio for two second round.
Speaker 5: Selections of the powers, trying to build a bit of a war chest to get guys like a Sava Radigalaiir, Jordan Sweat and Brandon Zerk. That chat first and foremost it is get a Sava over.
Speaker 1: The line, the big fella. And also if you're looking.
Speaker 5: At the news as well, and this is devastating for us straight to our heart, that affair boys Fantasia ends up at the Giants.
Speaker 1: It's done a medical Okay, what.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: He's our little he's our ru.
Speaker 1: If we can do it by a correspondence, who's going to.
Speaker 3: Bring you, guys lasagna and coffee mornings?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I mean I never got one?
Speaker 2: No, no, wow, geez god, he used to bring pastries and all sorts of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lovely, beautiful little man. And we love our artsyl and will be really very sad to lose him if he does, in fact go to the Giant.
Speaker 5: Well hopefully who knows what's going to happens along trade period, but watch this space could end up being a giant.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow. Is it kind of at odds with his statue, isn't it because he's on the.
Speaker 5: Giant Heart though, Giant. That's our post snooze at news. Thank you very much, happy from the news room. We're going to jump into six fifteen venue machine very very soon. Chock a Block feels some outstanding price.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying I'm a hero, but if I hadn't been there at the time, oh my god, seriously, there are so many things we adore about you, but one of the things that I love the most is the fact that you find the quirkiest stories and you bring them to the table.
Speaker 3: Well done. Give yourself a little round of applause with that sound.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys, appreciate that. Oh like that too, thanks you.
Speaker 2: Can you remember that story that you told us a little while ago about a man who's twenty thousand dollars to buy a dog suit to dress up as a dog because he just wanted to be like a little rover.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was a dog inside, specifically a collie.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then that led to a discussion about which animal we would all collectively like to dress.
Speaker 3: Up as for a day, and this is how it rolled out.
Speaker 4: I'm going in a practical direction, okay, octopus, Yes, so I can maximize my grocery shopping efficiency.
Speaker 3: Eight ms octopus and ur four octopus.
Speaker 1: There's an ink clean up and our four.
Speaker 2: I'm going to dress up as a dolphin and I'm going to peruse the really, I'm going to peruse the really crowded surf beaches and just have a ball popping up in the waves next to the surfers, like going boo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be good, wouldn't you'd get certainly get a laugh on us.
Speaker 2: So there's Jody masquerading as a dolphin who's masquerading as a shark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you going.
Speaker 5: All of a suddenang shark gets confused and takes out Jodie and.
Speaker 1: Then we've got to go to Jooney's little little.
Speaker 3: Dog and everyone's very upset.
Speaker 1: There's a follow up with this dog man.
Speaker 3: What's happened?
Speaker 5: Twenty thousand dollars he spent on this, so this was obviously the honeymoon period when he was going through all this, and the next step was to go out.
Speaker 1: There and try and meet other dogs.
Speaker 5: Right, it's been reported that he's been going to dog parks and would you believe it's so shocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dogs don't want a bar of him.
Speaker 3: That makes me sad.
Speaker 5: So he's getting absolutely ignored by the other dogs. Which can you imagine if there was a dog dressed up as a human, just how much straightaway you'd know that it's a fraud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, very true, like something out of a horror movie.
Speaker 2: Because I remember when you first did the story he was he was going out and sniffing other dogs.
Speaker 3: It's like going up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he's the he's the sniffer. He's looking for a sniffy Yeah right, card.
Speaker 1: Fine, Okay.
Speaker 2: You know when you take your dog for a walk, you run into another person with a dog, and you've got no control over it because these dogs want to sniff each other. So then but then you're left awkwardly standing there with a stranger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you start sniffing the stranger.
Speaker 6: Too, So you left.
Speaker 2: Standing there like doing this small talk thing what your dogs are sniffing each other's.
Speaker 3: But it's really weird.
Speaker 1: It absolutely sucks. I know how. I can see how this plays out, though. You just got to be careful what you wish for.
Speaker 5: All of a sudden, this dog man's like, oh, I'm just looking for a mate, some sort of dog that's going to love me for who I am.
Speaker 1: And that is a fake dog, and he's going to end up finding his match.
Speaker 5: He's going to be this giant pit bull by the name of Sasha who's going to take a liking to him. He's either that or he's going to run into the current affair. Bloke remembering back of the day, Oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be a dog anymore.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me that you built a time machine.
Speaker 5: It's hazy on this dazy, weird, wacky and way out there Wednesday, that's what today is.
Speaker 1: Time for a trip down to bend Y Lane. Eleventh of October.
Speaker 5: Let's go back to nineteen seventy two, an incredibly special day on the calendar. Ozzie Michael Gallan, who was thirty three at the time, made sixty three bananas in ten minutes, achieved a place in the Guinness Book of World Records. Yeah, and then he started singing Gwen Stefani Holliback Girl.
Speaker 1: And there's a particular moment right at the start.
Speaker 5: We know exactly what's going on this yeah, and that little bit there this my Yes, it was bananas for days and days and days.
Speaker 3: I see what I see what you've done there.
Speaker 5: And nineteen seventy five, Bill Clinton, who was twenty nine, married Hillary Rodham twenty seven, And I assume they just had an absolutely straightforward, non turbulent relationship and it was just they just sailed off into something.
Speaker 3: She kind of became the poster child for sticking with you, man, didn't she really?
Speaker 1: Hilary through thick and thin? Oh boy, threw some fixed uff. Yeah, Hillary nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 5: It was Saturday Night Live, a sketch comedy and variety show debuted on American television. What a cracking show. It is really good since then, though, I mean we've we're learning some stuff. Maybe potentially got Jim Cunt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a few roomors going around abou Jimmy room.
Speaker 1: You just don't always believe rooms. But they're pretty consistent. But still great show, great show.
Speaker 5: And I feel like some of those shows is where guys like Will Ferrell et cetera really really broke through and we're like, that.
Speaker 1: Guy's funny putting on every single movie place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they did, and Hollywood did. Headline for you. Woman sues Disney over water slide wedgie. Classic big story of this one.
Speaker 2: A couple of sewing walk Disney Parks and resorts after one of them sustained an injurious wedgie to call word that is injurious injurious so sustained.
Speaker 1: Injury basically by age.
Speaker 2: Yeah. At Typhoon Lagoon water Park, Emma McGinnis got hurt while riding the wait for it, Humonger Cowerbunga water.
Speaker 1: Jump on.
Speaker 3: As you yelling Cowerbuger she rode the slide where guests speed two hundred and fourteen feet downhill. It's quite a lot of.
Speaker 2: This is According to court documents, the impact of the slide and her impact into the standing water at the bottom of the slide caused miss McGinnis clothing to be painfully forced between her legs.
Speaker 3: Guess what happened next?
Speaker 2: She was taken by ambulance to hospital and later transported to another hospital for the repair of her gynological injuries.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Give us? Also, according to the complaint, riders are told to cross their legs at the ankles at the top of the slide, though they are not told why, maintaining that Disney.
Speaker 3: World was negligent.
Speaker 1: Oh so they knew what was going on?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're told, don't you when you get at the top, like, cross your legs and cross your arms across your chest?
Speaker 3: Aren't you to protect all those said bits?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Does sound like she was on the verge of a genuine atomic wedging?
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: From the Simpsons, this is just next level. Do you know what atomic widgy is?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: An atomic weggie is a slang for forcibly yanking the waistbin if someone's underwear up to their shoulder blades and ideally keyword ideally over their head. This stands and contracts contrasts with a regular wedgie, where the underwear is only yanked a few inches above the recipient's wasteline.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, and atomic sounds horrendous, God doesn't it, doesn't it. You couldn't even get your knickers above your head while you were wearing them if you tried, could you?
Speaker 1: Probably not?
Speaker 3: Have you ever had a wedgy that's caused you internal injury?
Speaker 1: Not this week, but I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: No, Oh my gosh, theme park injuries. I remember nearly drowning at witt and Wild when I was about fourteen.
Speaker 3: So if you go into the deep end, which is quite deep by the way, I've still got PTSD from this. I was trying to get out the side, like pull myself up over the leach out the side, and if you've ever been in a wave pool, one of those big wave pools.
Speaker 2: Goes up, so you're up and then it goes down and you sort of plummet towards So I remember, as a teenager desperately trying to get out the side and I had to be helped out by the lifeguard and did the old hand signal.
Speaker 1: What was your mum and the lifeguard having a coffee together?
Speaker 3: I don't know where Colin was clearly not watching her child. Yeah, ever had a theme park injury there apps.
Speaker 8: So for those who've been to Balley into water Bomb Park, there's an interesting slide there that basically you stand up in your you know, millions of meters above the slide and they go through tree to one same thing. Your hands are across your chest and your legs across and there's this massive drop and you come down. Now, let me tell you, I was wearing full normal bathers. They were in places they shouldn't have been by the time I got to the end, because all the water washes up and you sort of and then you get to the end and there's all you know, there's people everywhere, so you sort of having to try and pick it out and get yourself sorted before you stand up and get out the way of the next person.
Speaker 3: So what you're saying is you did atomic wedging yourself, especially I did.
Speaker 8: They ended up over my head. I mean some people have done that and lost their bathers altogether. So luckily that wasn't me, but yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: Now we know the terminology, Just pitch your abby with it ATOM
Speaker 2: For you.