Speaker 1: Apogee Production. Welcome to the She Rises Podcast. I'm Ashy and I'm Tiana. This podcast is about female empowerment.
Speaker 2: And encouraging you to be your biggest, boldest, and most authentic version of yourself.
Speaker 1: We help you shed the shame, grow to new level. We're gonna laugh and cry and talk about the topics everyone else is too afraid to talk about.
Speaker 2: Get ready for your next level of self Welcome back to another episode of She Rises.
Speaker 1: Today we are talking about our growth journey. We are obviously big growth seekers. We're always loving to learn and to expand ourselves and to understand ourselves on a deeper level. Ourselves are meaning me and you and the people around us. So I'm going to talk about what we've done over the last couple of years. Well, for me, it's been the last fifteen years. You how long have you been doing self development? About five years? Yeah, let's start from the very beginning. What moment will you like I need to change my life. I'm going to start working on myself. I've had many moments of thinking about it. So the first one would have been around the sex tape. So when I first found that out, I remember thinking to myself like I really need to do something, like if I don't take care of myself in this time, I'm going to allow this to spy crush me. Yeah, you know, And I just I don't think I'll be able to come back from it if I'm not willing to look at this and work through it and have support around me. And I didn't know what I needed to do. I didn't know who I needed to lean on. But I just remember thinking, like, Tiana, if you don't do this for yourself, like your life is going to look very differently, and it's not going to go to plan in the way that you.
Speaker 2: Wanted it to. Even at that time, at nineteen, I had big goals, big aspirations for myself, and I just remember thinking, if you don't work on this, like it will break you.
Speaker 1: So what did you What was the first step you talk with a book a psychologist? Was it get a coach? Was it read a book?
Speaker 2: I actually read The Power of Now Oh wow, that was my first book, and it was the first it was my first personal development book. I've been reading books since I was like fifteen, loved them, and yeah, it was just something that kind of allowed me to really get clear on how to focus on my awareness. So instead of just living an existing day to day, I started to reflect and started to pay attention to my awareness and paid attention to myself and my thoughts and you know, being really present instead of just existing in everyday life.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: And that was really pivotal for me because I was quite young at the time, but I remember thinking, oh, shit.
Speaker 1: Like this is something that's cool.
Speaker 2: And then it wasn't until a couple of years later, I think two years later, where I was going through a really really intense party phase and I just was ruining my life. I was partying all weekend and then coming down on a Sunday and I was heartbroken from like how my partner had released the sex tape and I just was trying to drown it out. And I just remember making decisions where I hurt people that I love. I was just a menace and I just decided one day I was like, Tiana, enough enough, Yeah you've got to do this. And then I got on a discovery call with a life coach and it changed my life.
Speaker 1: Oh that's awesome. Stayed with her for like four years, babe, Yeah, so good. That first one's so impactful. Isn't it. That's awesome? Howbout you? When was your first one? I think the first person I went to my girlfriend Jess her mum. She's a spiritual healer. She's a holistic counselor. She's a reiki healer, a meditation teacher, and her sessions like three hours long, so you wow, feeling very tired. Three hours, but you talk about things you meditate. I just remember crying lots, releasing lots. She'd ask lots of questions and I just got a lot out of her. And from then I booked and paid for so many of my friends, my family. I sent my mom, I've sent Stee's mom, I've sent all of my friends when they felt stuck or lost or going through something big in their life. And everyone has loved her and got something out of her. So I saw her for quite a long time. She's also a public speaker teacher. Yeah, she did toast Masters for ages. Oh wow. Yeah, so she taught me about a few things about public speaking. So she was really pivot. And then I remember just when Steve told me that he had put me for a Tony Robins course. I was so close minded. I thought anyone that did that work, was just like in a cult and nothing's wrong with me, Like as if doing mindset work's going to change my life. I was such a victim to thinking these the cars have been dealt, Yeah, nothing can change it. I can't go and do some work and it changes my situation. I'm just unlucky, you know. And I had that attitude and I walked into the first one. It was a seven day course, so really sign us up for a big one, and I remember just thinking, what the fuck am I doing here? I was so closed minded. My attitude and energy would have been so not nice to be around, poor Steve. And then within the first day I was like dancing, like, well, this is so good. And from that course I felt I got addicted to self growth. I got addicted to learning. I got addicted to understanding myself better. I got addicted to wanting to just improve myself, understand myself on a deeper level so that I could be more proud of who I was and how I was showing up. And it's never really stopped since there. I did all of the courses. I did the Platinum membership, which is where you sign up for a year and it's a group of people. It's really expensive and you travel around the world with him. So there was Canada, Whistler, Fiji, Hawaii, and India and obviously Australia Circle, and each destination had a different meeting behind it, a purpose like Fiji was health, Hawaii's relationship, India was gratitude meditation. Yeah. It was really really cool and we went with a group of people that were all in the same wavelength. But upon reflection, I definitely was still immature and don't think I absorbed it as well as what I would have now, but had amazing memories and definitely learned a lot. And then from there I went on to working with a relationship coach with Steve called Brian Reeves. We did that together, Yeah, and he was incredible. He was so gooey with him for like three years. Wow, nothing was quote unquote wrong. We just had maintenance calls and it's cool. We'll just always be growing and learning about each other and having that middle person to help us see things from a different which was really cool.
Speaker 2: The maintenance thing is so underrated, isn't it. Not going when you have a problem, but consistently growing and what's so pretty cool?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's always like checking in. Then I worked with a lady called Katie Ford. She was Katie Dean. She worked for me actually as a pet for seven years and the Ashbinds Bick Anybody Challenge. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He remained friends and she was just always there for me when she was going down or struggling with anything. She was just a really good friend. And then she became a life coach. When she left the Challenges, I bought a pack from her and I still have a couple that I can work with her. It's just the ultimate pick me up. Yeah. If I'm not feeling confident or something, or I'm not sure how to word something, or I'm doubting something, she just picks me right back up, reminds me who I am, what I'm capable of, gives me that confidence booth, reminds me of my self worth, similar work to what you do maybe, And I just always feel so empowered getting off the call with her and Taylor Cecil. He's probably been the one that's had the most impact on my life and I still work with him today. But I worked with him intensely three times a week for I think nearly three years. Wow, three times a week. Yes, it was very expensive, but I actually went to him because I had a bad back. Yeah, Like I literally could not bend over time my shoelaces. It got so bad. Oh wow, I was in chronic pain all the time. So I went to him for that and did intense rehab on my back. But he also believed that a lot of emotions are stored, like in your back and your hips and everything, so he does a physical emotion on the mental. It's all intertwined. It's all interconnected. So every session was a bit physical, but then we talk about things and then we'd do breath work and it just everything. He's also a qualified ostia as well. Yep, so he's incredible and I still work with him now. Even the other day, I did a tennis lesson and I got really tight in my upper back, and the whole session was releasing my upper back, and then there was drills that were based around tennis. So the movements I was doing that was like this body twist to help me hit better. And then he was just throwing the ball to me and watching how I landed and giving me tips on how to land and how to use my care more. Wow, it was really cool. It really he works with a lot of athletes that are specific in their sport. Yeah, it's like the one stop shop coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I was thinking, where there's a lot of hats like has different he's not tortalities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when we ask what he does exactly what he's qualified, and I'm like everything everything. I go to him for everything, literally whatever you're going through, even like parenting stuff, relationship stuff, health stuff, body stuff, mindset work, anything, He's it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I really put him on a pedestal every time you have a session with him, Like, oh my god, yes, so we did this and really put him on a pedestal.
Speaker 1: Is one of the most incredible humans I've ever met, ever worked with, and his wisdom, his energy. So yeah, he's been really pivotal in my life. I've also done some work with Megsie, only a couple of sessions. Obviously, it's very handy having friends as life coaches. I've got you Megsi and Levi and Taylor. But I did two sessions with Megsie on in a child healings and they were so powerful and it's the first time I felt like I really actually connected with my little girl I'd heard about that work and I do it before, but never quite could connect with it. And if you understand it really and the first time she did it with me, I was just bawling my eyes. You just feel so safe with her.
Speaker 2: She has a very grounding energy, doesn't She really does.
Speaker 1: And I've done a session of ayahuasca, which is pretty cool. Yeah, play a based medicine, which I know is a bit controversial, but I'm ready to do another one and was going to come along for the next one.
Speaker 2: You know, it'd be so cool. I'd love to hear you talk about your first experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was wild doing an episode on that. Yeah, I think I have a long time ago. Guys, you're a refresh and we'll do an episode when we do one together. But it was really really wild and helped me see things I hadn't seen before. It's so hard to explain in a whole new world, really, and just so much comes up. You can go and have a really beautiful time, or you'd have a really traumatic time, but it's good to go on with an intention of what you'd like to connect with. You're struggling with something, or you're wanting to heal, whether it's sexual or trauma, or your relationship with your parents, or a traumatic event in your life, or your feelings stuck or loss. Like going with an intention and that will they say that mother Aya will connect with you and help you with that thing. So I kind of didn't really go on with a strong intention, but had a lot come up around just my work and whether I was happy, and things with my stepdads, things with my kids. And it's really cool. So that's been my journey of self discovery and self development. And obviously there's lots of podcast books, YouTube master classes, all the day horses. Yeah, like it did call to me conscious. There's been lots of little things in between, but they're like the big, the big, big things. Yeah, that's beautiful. She's a growth seeker. I am a growth seeker. And tell me about your journeys.
Speaker 2: I mentioned before that I've been doing this like five years. But then I was thinking as you were talking, I was like, oh my god, that doesn't seem right, Like the timeline on that doesn't seem right. And I remember actually after first initially reading the Power of Now, I worked with a healer. So this would have been when I was eighteen, so give it like nine years or something.
Speaker 1: Energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was like an energy healer, cross, psychic cross, I don't know. It was the first one that I had experienced breath work. She made me breathe to the beat of drums. Oh cool, and I just bawled my eyes out after. So I did a lot of talk therapy with her. She was quite spiritual though. I remember doing a couple of sessions with her and kind of dabbling my toe in it and that sort of thing. And then when I first really got serious about it, I worked with this one life coach and it was when I really was just not in a good place in my life. I was like, if I continue to go down this route, I'm going to fuck up my life, Like I'm going to lose everyone I love, because I'd already had evidence of pushing people away that I had loved so deeply, and so I just was like, Okay, let's do something about this. Let's you know, take control. And yeah, I worked with this woman who was initially a life coach when I worked with her, turned business coach.
Speaker 1: So worked with.
Speaker 2: Her for a year straight. That first year was so pivotal changed my life, like completely turned my life around in the best way. And then after that I had bit of a break. I worked with a guy named Rick Williams.
Speaker 1: He's really really good.
Speaker 2: He's a men's purpose coach actually, and I remember reaching out to him and asking him, like do you take on women? It was just his energy is so safe, so beautiful, so grounded, and he was like the first depiction of like a healthy masculine for me at that age, you know, So I just really really valued that anyway, So I worked with him for six months. That was a lot of in a child healing, revisiting old wounds, going back to the you know, honestly, I think I cried every single session off for six months, Like it was intense, but it was exactly what I needed. And it was through that experience I started to really find my voice again and like heal my wounds around not speaking up and people pleasing and all that sort of stuff. So that helped me I kind of discover my fire a little bit. I did a lot of business personal development as well, So I've been in what I called like masterminds. Yeah, like spending in time in masterminds for business as well as personal development for like three months at a time. I did like two or three of those. I did something called Uruka Healing as well. It's like a certification for life coaching and basically it's like a huge course.
Speaker 1: That you go through. So I did that.
Speaker 2: That was really cool. And then I had a huge friendship breakdown like a couple of years ago and worked with a trauma coach. So she's a life coach, trauma coach, and a business coach, so she's trauma informed. She was epic to work with. Her name is Taylor, and she really helped me for like a whole year. We did like a Yeah, we just did like a whole like intensive working together and her helping me work through just a lot of pain and a lot of grief and that sort of thing. Flora Sivos, I think that's how you say name.
Speaker 1: I really like me. She's a manifestation coach.
Speaker 2: Love her stuff for self concept, self image, like really getting out of your victim mentality. Really appreciate her work for that. And then yeah, books, master classes, courses like us come invested so much in like courses and things like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's kind of jour. I just remember one of the coach that I've worked with. I didn't mention Brad Fennel, he's in the Gold Crossing. Yeah, that's right. People that have never done any work with life coaches, like who would you recommend? And it's honestly different for different reasons. Yeah, like if it's self worth and confidence you and in a child healing, if it's confidence boost it's like Katie relationships. Definitely Brad Taylor if you've got body pain as well, like physical pain as well, And depends if you wanted to work with someone face to face or online as well. But different coaches offer different things. Even Levi, he's a trauma coach and I would recommend going to him for trauma. Like everyone's just so different and it can sometimes be like dating. You've got to find someone that you really connect with and feel safe with. That's why discovery calls are really cool. Get a vibe and see if you connect with that person. All important, but start somewhere. Having a life coach will change your life. Oh, game changer. Honestly.
Speaker 2: I've also done Tony Robin seminars actually and Pole, I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 1: Unleash the Power, Unleash the one, Yeah, the intro one. It kind of gives you a bit of insight into all the courses.
Speaker 2: It's a three day one and you walk on their call at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: That was really cool. It is cool. And then let's talk about like why we do this work, because some people have the mindset that if you go to a counselor if you go to a life coach, or you do this work, that's something's wrong when you're broken. It's such a closed minded way to think of things. Yeah, I just think we grow and change so much, and there's always something new to learn, even if it's just you love what you're doing, but there's a new perspective on something. With food and diet too, It's like what I knew when I was eighteen compared to what I know now. How my body operated and what it needed back then compared to how it needs now is totally different, so different what you need in the different seasons of your life, You're going to have to expand your knowledge. Yeah, when you become a parent, you have to learn how to become a parent, how to just how to take care of your body again out to learn how to support your nervous system even more, you have to learn how to now your partner's always been your number one, now you've got kids look after, how to still make your relationship work. Yeah, there is always something to learn about every aspect of your life. And if you think otherwise, you're kidding yourself.
Speaker 2: That's such a good point, right, because it's like every season of your life is different. So what maybe once worked for you won't work in this new season because you've got a baby in the mix now, or because you just got married and you just moved in with your partner, or you've got a new job that requires you to have it for thirty hours of you at work and you're now no longer having that at home. So you have to be able to adjust and pivot and be adaptable in everyday life. And I think being able to grow and like constantly be willing to learn will make sure that you actually succeed in every area that you have to adapt.
Speaker 1: And just because there's one way to do something doesn't mean there is in another three. So if you've already done something one way and it works for you, great, But imagine someone suggested something too that's ten times more effective yea, or works way faster, or feels even better for you. I just look at growth as being really open minded. It's not one way or the highway, it's not fit into one box. There's so many cool ways to do and I just think when you live so openly, it's really cool to just always be expanding that knowledge in your tool belt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's so important. I think as well, when you experience growth yourself, you realize how good you feel on the other side of it, and you're like, you feel you've accomplished something, you feel proud of yourself, You've overcome serious hardship and challenge, So on the other side of it, you're like, oh my god, of course I want to experience that again. So you're willing to go through the challenge and the discomfort of change so that you can go, holy shit, I want to get to the other side and feel so proud of myself. And I think even for me, like that's a huge reason why I like to grow and why I forever will be choosing to grow even if it's so uncomfortable, because I want to push my limits of what I'm capable of doing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, how do you know what you're capable of if you're not pushing those limits. You never know you'll stay stagnant, you'll go dead inside. Yeah, oh thanks, No.
Speaker 2: I would rather be a growth seekert.
Speaker 1: And you know why as well.
Speaker 2: I think it's important to me because I've also had moments in my life where i haven't been committed to growth and the discomfort of staying stuck is so much heavy than the discomfortable growing.
Speaker 1: Isn't it. It's so heavy? I agree, Yeah, I really agree. I literally feel dead and cybhen I'm not growing. You feel like I'm not making any progress? Feel dull?
Speaker 2: Yeah, stagnance like stale energy.
Speaker 1: It's exciting to hear of new ways to do things. We interviewed Lewis, which you guys would have heard by now. If you haven't listened to the episode, go back and listen to it.
Speaker 2: As an epic human.
Speaker 1: He was saying he likes to put two new tools in his toolbox each year, so two new ways to help himself. Yeah, whether it's breath work or what else? Did he say?
Speaker 2: He's using different modalities and mentalities, Yeah, different healing modalities. As a coach. He doesn't just do them on his clients. He goes through the processes getting that therapy done himself, and then he will implement it to his clients, but two every single year, so he's always growing.
Speaker 1: We were talking about how it's such a good amount because it's enough time to learn about it, integrate at practice it, yes, and then he can teach it and then teach it. Whereas if you try and overwhelm yourself with doing too much in one short amount of time, it can feel a bit overwhelming. Oh it's not for me. Yeah, give yourself that time and space to let it land.
Speaker 2: And this is a beautiful example of just because you've read it in a book doesn't mean that you've integrated it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: You can read all the mother ef and book literally, but it doesn't mean jack Okay.
Speaker 1: It means actually nothing.
Speaker 2: And I'm speaking to like sixteen year old Tiana who used to read and think that she was implementing and she wasn't.
Speaker 1: Like so different?
Speaker 2: Is its so different? Because knowledge is not power applied. Knowledge is power, right, So it's just something to note when you are consuming so much information but you're not actually applying what you're learning because it who go different things.
Speaker 1: I think we can all take a look in the mirror and there's definitely things I'm like, I know that, but I'm choosing that to do it. Yeah, like daily meditation practices. I fucking know the benefits. I know how good it is for me. I know it does the brain. I know it does my nervous system and my fully integrated and meditation note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I would say the sleep on you are, sleep on, I would say, not daytime, but sleep time you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sleep when I do, but day to day I would love to incorporate it more so there's one thing at an example, you know, but yeah, yeah, you could read all the books, but if you're not actually practicing it, what's it lean? Yeah, sitting up in your brain doing what living rent free? So you know, it's even.
Speaker 2: You know, I find that with the Joe Dispenser information, right because I listen to his stuff all the time. When I'm like building Lego and I've got three hours, or if I sit down and I'm doing a Lego session, I'll listen to his podcast and I'll consume it. But then do I practice it consistently every day? Well know, because I fall unconscious, which is exactly what he teaches is if you're not consistently doing it every day. You aren't going to implement that habit and create a new neural pathway in your brain.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly what he teaches.
Speaker 2: And I fucking know that, but I fail do it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, Oh, the one off chance where I get to listen to Lego, then I'll implement it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it just doesn't work like that. It's just so important, isn't it. So we just wanted to share our journeys to inspire you. If you've been feeling like you need some extra supporter, you want to grow and expand you're not even sure how or where, book in with someone, Yeah, and download the podcast and read the books and ask for help expand yourself because you can never ever stop learning.
Speaker 2: Never let yourself use an excuse of oh I can't afford it or it's out of reach for me, because there are always different levels of learning for different stages of your life. If right now, like financially it doesn't feel viable for you to book in with somebody, read the book of the podcast, yes you know, or do like the ninety dollars masterclass. But then if you are in a position where you can financially afford it, reach out to a coach, go do an intensive for three months, six months, or however long and really dive deep. But just know that wherever you're at is perfect, and you can start wherever you are.
Speaker 1: Definitely, I love that you brought up the pricing too, because whatever you'd like to learn on you could literally time into YouTube and there is thousands, yeah, tens one thousands of videos of coaches even teaching all of that. Yeah, so many coaches that you love give out so much free content all the time, and obviously one on one is so much more potent. You can really personalize it and tail it to your situations, your struggle, your wounds, your triggers. Yeah, there's so much to learn online. If Steve wants to understand something more in debt, like you bet your heels for the next four weeks watching every single year GBO he can find on it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've had women who have come to me and message me and been like, I know, I've never worked with you before, I've never spoken to you before, but your free content has changed my life.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But it's like it just depends on whether you're going to be seeing that content as valuable or if you're like Oh, it's just another piece of information online. You know, if you treat the things that you're learning through books, through courses, through free content as if you just paid ten thousand dollars for it.
Speaker 1: So true.
Speaker 2: Trust me, you will implement it, love it.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us, guys. We'll see the next one. Bye bye.