Speaker 1: It's outside.
Speaker 2: Good morning, and welcome to Outsiders the show that is to net zero madness and woke identity politics on steroids, what the Coalition was not to net zero madness and work identity politics on steroids, and what the bird life of Couyong is to doctor Monique Ryan.
Speaker 3: Just very briefly, if we can just ask how you are We've.
Speaker 4: Got I don't know was that bird?
Speaker 5: I hope that wasn't a bird. I don't think it was a bird. But it didn't get Did it get you?
Speaker 2: It did? Well?
Speaker 5: Something will say.
Speaker 4: Coming out of the throat.
Speaker 6: Oh, maybe it was simply a matter of the local cooko bars having better taste in music than Monique's loyal songbirds.
Speaker 7: Meanwhile, here's how one clever young man took on Green's leader, Adam Band.
Speaker 8: I'm Zach and this is Adam Isoe Happy dadday, Zoey.
Speaker 6: Let's say together, I've demonized the Jewish community for my own political gain. And that is a quick word of advice for the for the Liberal Party. He's going to mix them up with the Libor Party.
Speaker 9: If you want to change the world, you have to have the courage to be an outsider. In other words, you have to take certain risks and do things a little bit differently. Otherwise, if that weren't the case, everybody would be successful. It helps when you know that borders are not racist, speech is not violence, America is good, Terrorists are bad, men can never become women, police are not criminals, and criminals are not victims.
Speaker 2: It's so easy when you know what you stand for. Now let's grab the latterst outsiders, News, Anything Happening, Reader and chains and the.
Speaker 6: Paddington.
Speaker 5: You know what I hate to say.
Speaker 6: I told you so, We told you so. But this is what we've been talking about on this.
Speaker 1: Prot nine months, for.
Speaker 6: Nine months, particularly though this year twenty twenty five we were just remarked week in week out about how the coalition had stored none of that voice momentum had carried through. That's lost their way. And once that election was called, I was expecting just a barrage of activity and policy and differentiation from labor. We never got it on key issues, energy policy, population policy, all the race craziness that was inflicted on this country and continues to be inflicted despite the people having their say eighteen months ago. And if you stand for nothing, this is what happens. Conservatives only win from a position of strength and clear policy differentiation. We didn't have it. They refuse to walk away from that zero. They refused to say we're going to slash immigration after we've had record numbers come through. We are in a cost of living crisis, we've had our living standards plummet. And a government has won in a landslide, exactly.
Speaker 2: And if you've just tuned in or you only watch outside ers, quite sensibly, yes, yes, the Labour Party has been returned in a landslide, apparently, and congratulations to Anthony Alberanezi for running that campaign. Peter Dutton has lost his own seat and obviously the Liberals have lost the election badly. Here's just before we go to more commentary. Here's Albanesi winning his moment of his winning speech.
Speaker 10: My fellow Australians, serving as your Prime Minister is the greatest honor of my life. And it is with a deep sense of humility and a profound sense of responsibility that the first thing that I do tonight is to say thank you to the people of Australia for the chance to continue to serve the best nation on earth.
Speaker 2: That was Alban, Anthony Alban Prime Minister for the next three years, and he's thinking much longer than that. And here's Peter Dutton, you know, acknowledging he was beaten.
Speaker 11: We've been defined by our opponents in this election, which is not the true story of who we are. But we'll rebuild from here. We'll do because we know our values, we know our beliefs, and we will always stick to them. I want to say thank you to the Australian people for the faith they've placed in me and thank them for the great honor of having been the Member for Dixon and the leader of Opposition.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, thank you, goodbye. Peter Dutton.
Speaker 7: Well, James, what did you think of that? I mean, look that Peter Dutton speech there. He did give a very gracious defeat speech, concession speech. However, that was once again an example of something that we saw through this entire campaign, and that is if you're explaining your losing. And Peter Dutton ran and we were very critical of him on this show for weeks and weeks and months and months and months about this campaign that he ran that was simultaneously o fish and flat footed and unable to respond to all of the lies that labor let lie after lie after lie after lie, you know, from the six hundred billion dollars to the take away your medicare to everything else in between. No way to respond to that. And yet despite being completely offish and flat footed in campaign mode when they were talking about themselves, they also managed to do Olympic level backflips at every stage of the campaign. And I'm talking about they started out with the backflip on the work from home policy, which was an ill advised thing to throw out there without having done any sort of thought about it too. You know, even seventy two hours before the polls opened up on election day, Peter Dutt was out there saying, oh, you know, look, may I've talked about changing the school curriculum, which it totally woke. But no, no, no, we have no changes plan to the school curriculum. This was an exact example of what happens when a party, and we have spoken about this for years. The problem with the Liberal Party has of losing its way and it has become this is what happens when you try to be all things to all people. You forget your core constituency, You forget get your core values. They've forgotten their values. They need to go back and they deserve time in the wilderness. They need to go back. Read their Robert Menzie speeches, go back, figure out who they are that they're for aspiracial Australia, because what's coming down the Piking Road and read it, Anthony ALBINIZI is now in a position to change permanently or for a long time, the political settlement in this country, meaning that everybody becomes dependent on the government in one way or another. Once that gets set in concrete, it is very hard to undo. Until we hit a crisis.
Speaker 6: We are going to get the Victoriification of Australia. They're going to say what's happened in Victoria nationally and the Coalition bears a great deal of the blame because, as James just explained, they have tried to be all things to all people that haven't been principled in actually providing the Australian people with a choice at a clear choice. And this is what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: It really is.
Speaker 6: Bewildering the strategy that they employed. I struggle to understand. I think maybe they thought we need to appeal to those inner city electorates to try to win back those till seats, and in their efforts to do that, they not only lost their principles, but also lost sight of what is going to be their new base, which isn't those affluent inner city seats. That's never going to be the liberal base going forward. This is a thing that's bigger than Australia. This is a trend of phenomenon that is evident in the UK. It's evident in the US. The more affluent are leaning increasingly left and the working class, middle class, aspirational classes are leaning right.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 6: You either embrace that and utilize it, or you fight against it, which the coalition in Australia should to be doing and to their detriment, as we've just seen. I mean, what did they give the electorate, What reason do they give the electra to throw out a first term government?
Speaker 7: Well, look, I mean, you know, we will talk about the various aspirants to lead this shell of a coalition here that we have, but I really do think that one of the moments when I think I knew that this whole thing was over for them was you know, eight ten, twelve weeks ago, and right here an hour before we went to air Angus Taylor came on too Andrew Clenell's program and said, oh, well, you know medicare is they've just offered eight point five billion dollars labor for Medicare, so we'll just match that and go up to nine. And that's when and that was when, you know, the spendathon was on. That's when they just decided they weren't going to do anything about fiscal discipline. And the insane thing about this is we're in a moment here when you've got all these crisises of you know, the economy, inflation, deficit defense, and yet they were not able to successfully differentiate themselves. And you know, you have to give people a difference, and you have to let people know that you believe in what you believe. All the back flips did was make the coalition, made the Liberals in particular look really shifty because it made it say, oh, well, you don't like these policies, We've got others. And it also made them look and this strategy what they do the big after action review on this. They need to have a huge look at this policy of we are going to hold back all our policies till the very end, and we're not going to tell you what they are. Again, it makes you look shifty. And remember what happened with defense. Now defense, you know we have had Chinese vessels circumnavigating the country doing live fire exercises. Defense is something that Peter Dutton should have had a huge advantage of on And what did they do. They held the defense policy back to Anzac Day week, the week before the election. And you know what what happened, Well, other events conspired to knock it off the front page. Pope Francis died and nobody talked about it and there was no advantage for the coalition to that.
Speaker 2: And then we had we had the massive blackouts in Spain, Portugal, in France and net zero as a disaster. I'll just pick up there. I knew James the moment. So a year ago I was saying that Dutton would win in a landslide and he should have done and he could have done. And the reality is all you had to do was take that sixty one percent of the Australian population who voted no to the Voice, just nurture them, look after them and carry them through to the election. By tackling all those cultural war issues, whether it's transgenderism, whether it's climate, whether it's immigration, those issues were all there to be had there. Let's not forget sixty five percent of Australia did not vote for the Albanese government. Our preferential system works the way it works, and that's what we're stuck with. But that majority was still there, That conservative traditional values of Australia majority is still there, is still sitting there waiting to be picked up. And the reality is the people of Australia, the conservative you know, sixty percent of Australia should be so angry with the cold issue, so angry with Peter Dutton, so angry with those backroom boff in the sitting round, with their focus groups and their pie charts and their their whiteboards. They have completely betrayed us. You've completely betrayed us a year ago. You had this election in the bag. From that point on, and we have been saying it week in, week out on this show. We have advised you, We've given you advice. Our advice has been correct all along. We could spot it where you were going wrong. We advised you, and so did many other people. But you chose not to listen. You thought you knew better, and you've lost, and you've been defeated soundly. Now, James just mentioned the moment he knew that it was all over. The moment I knew it was all over was when Peter Dutton, in the greatest act of betrayal of this country that I've seen since Turnbull and Morrison, refused to pull out of Paris. When Donald Trump was elected. Donald Trump was elected. From that moment, America, the greatest economic powerhouse in the world, had said no to net zero. It was behove and beholden to Australia to say we have got to pull back from this net zero because we're traying the working people of this country. That was the moment you lost it deservedly in my opinion, Rita Well, I think.
Speaker 6: You're right therein that they deserve to lose. If they won, it would have been a little bit of a travesty. They would have won because they because of their opposition, not because of the policies that were taking to the electorate, and for the principal stand that were taking.
Speaker 5: Energy was enormous.
Speaker 6: Energy is where that can differentiate so clearly, and it touches everything. When you've got a cost of living crisis, energy is an enormous part of that. When you've got an inflation problem, energy is enormous part of that. So it affects every household, every business, the manufacturing sector, jobs. And you could have taken this, made it a referendum about labor. Is about green energy emission cuts, Where about cheap, reliable energy, Where about the cheapest form of energy that you can get? And that is it. Yeah, they had the nuclear policy that were too scared to talk about it, and that didn't kick into the twenty third. People want to know what's going to happen in a month's time, not in the twenty thirties, So that is a huge failing. It was a huge opportunity. Population was another one. Again, something everybody cares about. Impacts so many areas of life, whether you're talking about housing crisis, waiting, lists of hospitals, traffic issues, cultural issues, all of this. You could have again said, labor have brought in record numbers in the last few years, We're going to slash immigration fifty percent, maybe eighty percent, have a clear policy and say until we get the housing crisis sorted, We're not going to be bringing in a.
Speaker 7: Single person James, and stop letting groups like Universities Australia and the property developers lobbes define what our population should be. The Overton window, that's the term that we use in politics to describe, you know, the areas where it's allowed to be talked about, what we're allowed to talk about. That has shifted so far. On immigration, now you have most people in most poles saying they want less or substantially less immigration. Huge door for the colst to walk through. They kind of stuck their foot through for a bit, but then they again the great problem with everything. But there's the problem you read and wrote. You know, there's a more fundamental thing than this. You know, we could talk about all the different policies that they didn't you know, land or come together with. You know, they just simply didn't do the homework on all of these policies. They did not do the work. And I was speaking to liberal insiders weeks and months ago who said, we're really in a lot of trouble because we didn't do the work. They didn't do the stuff to prepare themselves for the onslaught of labor lies that came through with every single policy, they had no way to counter it. They were so flat footed. Every time, you know, six hundred billion dollars, they just laughed and kept lying. This is a time when you're going up against a guy who has promised to reduce your powerbills by two hundreds twenty five dollars, they've gone up by twelve hundred. How do you not win against that? It is an act of stupendous political incompetence.
Speaker 6: And not doing the work, I think is at the heart of this, because you can't just in the last four weeks, even the last couple of months, come up with these policy positions that you haven't done the work on. And they've spent a lot of time today and last night throwing muther Donald Trump. But you know what Trump did. He worked those policies for four years. So he took the American electorate from being majority opposed to mass deportations deporting every illegal immigrant to now where it is a wildly popular policy, not just deporting every criminal, but every illegal immigrant to the country. That didn't happen overnight. That happened because the particularly Donald Trump put the work in for years prosecuting that case, saying why this is a good policy, And we saw the Liberals finally do that with the Voice. It took them ten months to come your position with the Voice. They didn't have ten months to mess around this time around with the election, and maybe that was three.
Speaker 2: Years to do that.
Speaker 6: There's another point with the Voice, we saw them go against the media y political class and then but this time they were listening to them.
Speaker 5: And my great fury is.
Speaker 6: All the wrong lessons out of this loss. Instead of actually saying we need to stand for something, we need to be strong, we need to be actually a proper center right alternative, they're going to veer out further left.
Speaker 7: All the pot and that leads to me.
Speaker 2: I'll be talking about it later, but I have to ask the question. I'll be asking it at ten o'clock. Is the Liberal Party fit for purpose? Is the broad Church fit for purpose? I'll tell you about that at ten o'clock. But let's reata's write James that all the wrong lessons are already being taken out of this you know, all that stuff, And the reality is they did not fight to tear down this government, this labor government has reached to it saying it is absolutely atrocious. They're going to be taxing our unrealized super games. Now we're going to have more of this renewables madness. This country is going to go down the gurglar economically with Jimbo's ridiculous thing. And all those people in Australia who have been let down by this Liberal Party so badly let down. The Nationals, by the way, all held their seats, so there's a lesson there, but so badly let down because they the politicians all keep their seats and.
Speaker 1: They all get their.
Speaker 2: Salaries forever and all of that stuff. But there are hard working people in Australia that you, the Liberal Party, have really really badly let down. I'm now questioning whether you fit the purpose.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, and it's funny that you say that, because I've actually written in Today's Sunday telegraphing in the Sunday News Corps tabloids that the Liberal Party is in a real existential crisis. This is an existential crisis for the Liberal Party. They do not know what they stand for, they do not know who they represent, and they need to work that out. But really, you said something before, and I just wanted to pick up on this and you talked about the media, and this was another part of this here the liberals, Peter Dutton particularly seemed terrified of the media, absolutely terrified. And this is something that goes way way back to before when he was a minister in coalition governments. You know, Peter Dutton spent the last three years mostly doing softball interviews. He mostly did things like Ray Hadley on two GB where he's going to get a good run and instead of doing things he was inviting here. But you know, this is there's thing. So you know, and you talked about Trump before, well, you know, one thing I was thinking about before was how like somebody like jd Vance, the Vice president, loves to go out and love to go out during the campaign and do all of those really hard ball interviews and really mix it up, mix it up with you know, oppositional journalists hone their arguments. He honed arguments. Your arguments get better when you argue them. This guy, the whole coalition, they seemed scared of their policies, and people saise that they said this got this sort of central that they thought, you know, the colder felt like, oh, if we tell you what our apologies are. You know, we're going to get beat up by the media and we don't know how to counter of that, so we're just not going to tell you anything and we're not going to give you anything. It was inauthentic. It was frankly pathetic.
Speaker 2: And also let me just point out to that sickening moment where they turned on just Enter Price and let's talk about who the leadership contenders are for the Liberal Party. But to turn on just Enter Price at the moment she said let's make let's make Australia great again.
Speaker 1: She had to retract that.
Speaker 2: It is disgusting, it was embarrassing. She looked like, well, just the fear in the eyes as she was saying those words.
Speaker 1: You see the fear in the eyes.
Speaker 2: As you were saying of Dutton and the rest of them around. Oh my goodness, we're going to be associated with total Trump. Yeah, the most successful politician in the world. Why didn't you want to be associated with him?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 13: I can't.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, because Labor old you and you fell into the trap, walked straight into it, because Labor and the ABC played you like a fiddle. Now let's talk about Rita who you know, James is right, the Liberal Party, if it's to survive, needs a strong conservative leader. They will take the wrong lesson out of this and I'll go, oh, well, let's put someone who's more like ALBINIZI, let's go more to the left, and you're finished, by the way if you do that. But Rita, who do you reckons? Who have they got?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: I was told it was a three way race, but this morning apparently it's now become a four way race. Angus Taylor is amongst the front runners. I would suggest that his performance throughout the election campaign should disqualify him from being a front runner.
Speaker 5: But here we.
Speaker 6: Are incredibly Susan lay his names being thrown around and if you want to completely decimate and destroy whatever's left of the party, please go ahead and do that, because that will be fantastic. Andrew Hasty, I think is in my mind the clear option. Yes is from wa which is not easy if you want him to be prime minister. But he is young, he is principled, he is a strong advocate for his positions. He's not scared to push ahead with a policy agenda that may be unpopular with the media, but he's popular with.
Speaker 5: The Australian people.
Speaker 6: He's precisely what you need, and he's got some natural gifts like charisma that you can't teach, so why not utilize that. But James is another name that's been thrown about.
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, so Dan Tiam's name, you know, the immigration shadow front bencher, His name is also being tossed around. Now I'm glad you mentioned Andrew Hasty because Hasty again is emblematic of everything that went wrong with this campaign. Ed Hasty should have been one of the great assets of this campaign, along with plenty of other people, both inside the formal party room and outside. They nobled all sorts of great advocates. They nobled Andrew Hasty. Justiner Price was not allowed out. Barnaby Joyce, who's very popular in the regions, was basically, you know, kept locked in his electorate in northern New South Wales. People like Warren Mundane weren't used to all of these things. But you know, just to this whole thing, who's going to be the next leader, Well, my mail is that the knives are absolutely out for Angus Taylor everywhere. So you know, they blame him for just the failed economic policies that went up to the can we even call them policies. I mean, seriously, these guys, these guys let and let's just stop all this for a second. The coalition, the Liberals let Labor move to the right of them on tax cuts, and they said we will vote against a tax cut. What sort of insanity is that?
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 7: And then you had Peter Dutton talking about a tax cut being a cost to the budget, which is like, no, the point is we need to shrink government and it's overweening role in our lives. But let's get back to this leadership thing here. Andrew Hasty would be great. I think that you know, people say, oh, well, we haven't had a party leader since Kim Beasley from Labor, you know, and he was from w A. I think in this say, I think in this era it's a little easier to be opposition leader from WA so I think that's less of a thing. But you know, they again, they didn't let him out because oh no, he's a Special Forces veteran who has views about women in combat that aren't completely in accordance. That's the Keels might say about this certainty, So all we have to like keep him shut up. This guy is one of your best assets. He is a veteran, he is an actual veteran. He's the absolute model for what you want with this sort of thing. And you know he was basically kept out there in Wa where they didn't do well anyway, So it's it's just ridiculous. The thing is Susan Lay. The danger the Liberals are in right now is that they will go with Susan Lay, and they will go with the moderate choice, and they will make the mistake of saying we need to keep being more and more modern. The danger is they're going to take all the wrong lessons and say, rather than we should have stood up for conservative policies that go give people a difference. And you know, there was an awful lot of pro test vote out there for Pauline Hanson and One Nation because people said I cannot give the Libs my one, I'll give them my two. And that happened all over the country, so that there was Susan I think, and it will be the where they wind up in this sort of moderate policy death spiral, and then things will have to get really really bad in the country before think.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you one thing.
Speaker 5: If you select Susan Lay, get ready to be.
Speaker 6: Zach Kirk Cup or whatever that.
Speaker 14: Is.
Speaker 6: Yes, let's make him a verb, because he absolutely destroyed the Liberal brand in wa for consecutive elections. I mean the effect was in play even at the last election there. You want to select someone who would be comfortable being in the tills to lead the center right alternative, you're kidding yourself, you know what exactly? You're going to fracture votes so badly to the right that the one we passed, Well.
Speaker 2: They're going to fracture the Liberal Party. And that's what I'll be talking about later. But let me just say, the stars in the Liberal Party are mainly in the Senate. So you've got just sent a Nampa jimp for Price, an obvious star. Obviously, she sits with the Nats. You've got Matt Canavan and Nats. With the Nats, you've got Alexandtik, You've got James Patterson.
Speaker 1: So you've got some real talent in the Senate.
Speaker 2: Those who are putting their hand up for the leadership, Yes, Andrew Hasty, absolutely, Angus, we shall see. But it's not so much about the person, although they are critical. It's about whether the party is prepared to adopt a conservative rather than as Rita and James were saying, this be all things to all people, and try and be a teal here and try and be a whatever. You either have convictions or you don't. And if you don't have convictions, you're going to keep losing against you know, a party, the Labor Party, which is single minded, disciplined. They're driven entirely by ideology. That ideology nearly all of it completely bonkers, but anyway it glues them together.
Speaker 7: So we're in for a very bad three years.
Speaker 1: I've got to say, I'm I want a.
Speaker 6: Bit of praise for the election result and for the Prime Minister.
Speaker 5: It could have been far worse, yes.
Speaker 6: And we've said it on this program throughout this year when the numbers turned. The worst thing that could have happened yesterday was for Labor to win in a minority position and have to form a coalition with the Greeds and having the Greens have the balance of power. That would have been disastrous. So Labor to win in their own right is far preferable to that alternative. And I've got to say, last time, the first time he won, the Prime Minister began his speech by announcing a referendum the voice referendum this time around, at least during his speech, it was a far more uniting speech. It was far more about in Australia together.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you obviously didn't get to the end because you went on got a shot quite rightly. But once he hit the end, he was in his stride. We'd had Penny Wong gloating and Penny Wong is going to reintroduce the voice. That's going to happen, and Albow knew it and he needed to send that signal out.
Speaker 1: So we got to the end of the speech and we got.
Speaker 2: The whole Indigenous this blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: It's going to be on steroids.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get the truth to the Tragy macarate, call it what you will. It's coming at us like a freight train.
Speaker 7: The one other thing too, though, I mean need a speech may have been gracious, but also you know, to the point to agree that it was uniting people. You know, there is an underlying philosophy here, and it is a philosophy of dependence. It is a philosophy of dependency on the government. All of those dice words about no one left behind. What that means is everybody just sit back, and the big Daddy state will keep running up the debt and paying for you at every single step of your life. And all the things that we make Workspa, well, we'll just cover that bill too. Obviously, this is unsustainable. I just want to make one more point though about, you know, the existential crisis that the Liberal Party is in, because we're gonna hear also a lot about in the coming days and weeks. We're gonna hear, oh, it was a Trump effect, and there's gonna be this great deal of cope coming from people in the Liberal Party saying, oh, well, if it wasn't for this being Donald Trump, we would have done find no nonsense to red terrible campaign with no policies. And they're gonna say, and there's a great data point here. There were local elections in Great Britain just the other day reformed the Farage movement absolutely romped it in the Tories, which were where the Liberals are now they are nowhere. Everybody is bleeding all from them because hey, they stand for nothing. I'm sorry, Liberals, the Tori's fate will be yours if you do not remember who you are and what you stand for.
Speaker 2: Absolutely and on that point James. The two leaders Qualiev and Dotton, conservative leaders who distance themselves from Trump lost. The one leader, the Conservative leader Reform Nigel Farage, not only embraced the Trump agenda, but his good mates himself with Donald Trump, romped it in and smashed the weak Conservative Party.
Speaker 1: As well as labor.
Speaker 2: So there you go. There's your lesson, folks. Put that in your cup of tea and think about that. We're going to take a short break when we come back. What's more happening here on Outsiders and Tech.
Speaker 6: You're watching Outsiders with your hosts Rowan Dean, James Morrow, and I'mrita Panahey and soon will be joined by one of the coalition's few remaining leaders, Senator Alex antiqu about last night's a landslide loss to the Abenze government, a government that has overseen a dramatic fall in living standards. Yes, the Albanesi government that has plunged the nation into record debt, worsening the housing crisis by bringing in record numbers of immigrants. The government that presided over sharp increase in the cost of living pressures at per capita recession and a decline in living standard That is the worst in anywhere in the developed world, worse than anywhere in the developed world, and they won, and won easily. It's the same government that tried to force a reluctant population to accept its toxic culture wars with the radical Indigenous Voice to Parliament proposal, a proposal that was ultimately rejected by the Australian people just eighteen months ago, and by far bigger margin than what we saw last night. But the Opposition seemed to learn none of the lessons of that victory, and one fears they will learn none of the lessons of this loss. And already the usual suspects the ABC Guardian, Sydney Morning Herald and the rest of the leftist media. The hate Conservatives are using this loss to lecture the right about what it must do to win. They argue that the coalition talking about the unpopularity of Welcome to Country and acknowledgment of country in the past week was a big reason why they lost. Seriously, they argue that Donald Trump is a big reason why they lost. As if we're at Canada and being threatened with being reduced to the fifty first state. The left want the Libs to never talk about issues like the Voice Treaty and the racial division of Welcome to Country ceremonies, because that's where the Coalition is actually on solid ground. This week we again found out why more than sixty percent of Australians voted knowing the Voice referendum, with a number of online polls showing the overwhelming majority of Australians never want to hear a welcome to country again. Eighty three percent said they don't want to hear them at work meetings, sporting events or ANZAC Day. But last night on the ABC and elsewhere, the discussion was used as an example of why the Coalition lost. In Beggars belief, It's reminiscent of the leftist media and the idiot Quizler in the Liberals, pushing the notion that the Victorian Liberals lost elections because they were tough on crime, not that you were weak and unprincipled on everything else. For the Coalition not to back tax cuts for Australian workers is unthinkable, no matter how meager the tax cut. A Liberal party should never be against workers keeping more of their own money, money they earned. Rather than seize upon the momentum of the Voice referendum, the coalition became weak and insipid. Conservatives never win by being Labor light. They only win when they fight from a position of strength and clearly differentiate themselves from the left. We saw that during the Voice referendum, and on the Voice didn't Penny Wong let the cat out of the bag. This week seems like Labor is committed to resurrecting the Indigenous Voice to Parliament. Though Penny Wong did try to backtrack, she knows how unpopular it is. Her statement is there for everyone to see. The big worry is that this time around they will bypass the Australian people and the democratic process and implement a legislated Voice along with all the other recommendations in the Illary statement. And as we've been saying over and over again each and every week in twenty twenty five on this program, the Coalition has failed to properly articulate the dangers posed by a second term Albanese government. They have failed to differentiate themselves from Labor on key policy areas from energy to population to critical cultural issues like the racial politics of the left. And that has seen Peter Dutton, who helped deliver a landslide Voice victory just eighteen months ago lose his own seat to this candidate. W Yes, Yeah, you don't win by being weak a mere imitation of labor. We already have labor Conservatives don't win by trying to appease their opponents or listening to the advice of quizzlings and those who want to see them fail.
Speaker 2: Absolutely correct, Reata, you're saying more about the liberal obvious.
Speaker 6: But frankly, can we call this whole program? We told you so exactly the great theories and our sort last night on the ABC elsewhere, But it's going to get turbocharged this week.
Speaker 5: You're going to be hearing nothing but this.
Speaker 6: The lessons that they will learn will be entirely wrong. Exactly the same thing happened to Victoria. It's like the rest of the country is trailing what's happened politically in Victoria, where we have a weak liberal party that doesn't hold the government to account, doesn't really stand for anything, tries to be labor like, keeps losing, and the lessons it takes out of that is.
Speaker 1: We should.
Speaker 5: Let's a choice.
Speaker 6: Let's be more like, let's keep doing the things that make us lose. What's the imitation what's the definition.
Speaker 7: Of Yeah, yeah, yeah, but I mean I think also, you know, again this comes back. I'm going to keep talking about this here. You know, these are structural issues that you've got within the Liberal Party. Like if you look at how Labor ran their campaign, you got to give them real credit. They ran a super tight, super disciplined campaign. And Anthony Alberinezi, for all of his many faults and his ideological madness, you know, he has been a sharp elbowed hard man of the back room politics for decades, so he knows exactly how that works. He knows how to keep factions under control, you know. And in the Labor Party, they have defined factional systems. In the Liberal Party, of course, it's all these sort of you know, shadowy kind of groups that are always sort of fighting one another. You know, it was only John Howard who really managed to bring these different groups under a big tent with his departure from the political scene. Of course, all of that has spun back out again, and it's been going on really for twenty years. And Rowan, I'm just going to say, just just let me continue, just just for a moment here until if they do not bring that under control. You will have situations where and you had this starting really at the two thousand and seven election when I saw it from the inside, you know, the situation where Liberals would prefer to fight one another than to actually win elections. Well, and this is what happens in Victoria. This is what happened I think in two thousand and seven when John Howard and the coalition left, and I think you know, this beset them throughout their time in government and has beset them throughout the time outside of government. You have people who would rather take down a leader so that they could, you know, fight over the spoils of defeat, rather than actually going together as a united team. It's a structural problem with how the liberals organize themselves. It has always been a problem that they've had and it needs to be fixed.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it also goes to all of that is correct, but the leader of the conservative or liberal or coalition, whatever you want to call it, the leader must know what they stand for and have core conservative values, which is what John Howard. You knew what he was going to say beforehand, you knew where he stood on all these issues.
Speaker 1: You knew when he.
Speaker 2: Came out and made a point about morality or whatever it was. It was from solid conservative convictions. We had that with Tony Abbott Turnbull and co ripped that away. I thought we had that with Peter Dutton. I thought we did, and we did on his stance on Israel, and we did on his stance on the voice.
Speaker 1: But what really shocked me.
Speaker 2: I couldn't believe it was the u turns during the campaign, as James were saying, for example, when we had all that silly booing at the ANZAC thing, Yes, disrespectful and all the rest, of course it was. But Peter Dutton's instinctive thing was to say, you know, oh no, no, the welcome to country is a key part of our ANZAC ceremony.
Speaker 13: No it's not.
Speaker 1: And then twenty four.
Speaker 2: Hours later, when the polls were showing that everybody wants to get rid of this thing, oh no, no, no, no, we're going to make sure that there isn't a welcome to country and you can't.
Speaker 1: You've got to be consistent and have core values.
Speaker 2: And sorry that it appeared Peter Dutton was either didn't have those core values or was prepared to just suppress them for the sake of the idiots. In the back room with their focus groups and their whiteboards.
Speaker 6: Just what I said in reality check. I watched the ABC last night, so you didn't have to took one for the time. Well done, claud It's please and I can if I had a drink every time they mentioned the Welcome to Country discussion in the last week, I'd be too drunk to be here today. Because they were obsessed with it. It was mentioned incessantly. It's being used as a reason why the Liberals lost ad This is how insane she is. And the problem is, I think there will be people within the Liberal Party who, despite the polls, despite the voice resolve, despite everything they should know, will go Yeah, maybe us talking about Welcome to Country is not being a good idea during Anzac Day, Maybe that's what made us instead of actually looking at the real reasons they lost. And we've discussed them at nauseum there and I think so much is now going to rest on who they select.
Speaker 15: Me.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to get from a friend saying make just center price there. However you do it get her to be the leader. I know, we know all that, and she's in the other party, but anyway, that's the public mood. Now here's just Center on the ABC WI Trea watched last night again they're attacking her on this Trump mythood trump oo teds.
Speaker 16: Have a look, Peter Dutton tonight has lost his seat with your embrace of Donald Trump make Australia great again? Are you part of the reason for that loss?
Speaker 14: Oh that's a it's a big call, don't you think. I mean, you sling enough mud in an election, it sticks. And we did see a prime minister who absolutely misled the Australian people all the way through and was rarely called out for his conduct. And I think that's absolutely deceitful.
Speaker 16: Let's just talk about this. Let's just talk about this seriously. At a time when Donald Trump was sending shop around seriously you well, it's not a smear campaign.
Speaker 2: I just won't.
Speaker 16: I want you to address it seriously, just Center, at the time that Donald Trump was sending shock waves around the world disturbing, so disturbing.
Speaker 14: You don't think if you don't think that I'm if you don't think that I'm addressing this seriously, I am addressing this deadly seriously, in that if you sling enough mud, it will stick and absolutely labor certainly the media are slung enough mud in terms of this particular issue.
Speaker 2: That's the future of the conservative movement in this country if you're smart enough, James.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, and is too is It's going to be an awful lot of conservatives this morning who are going to be looking at the coalition and feeling like they're politically homeless because they basically exiled people like just Enter Price, who are strong, brilliant, intelligent, articulate communicators of these values, policies and ideas and said, no.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to take.
Speaker 7: Like unlike Peter Dutton, who would you know, who avoided things like the press club, which is a hostile room but where you need to go and you need to do things like this. But you know, one of the other things that struck me I watched Sky last night because I didn't have the stomach for the ABC reader. You have a strong constitution, but also I also also I wanted just actually to get you know, like the truth and not all this sort of the lefty spin. But you know, it was really quite remarkable seeing uh Labor called out on their lies and the lies that they ran through the entire campaign. And I just want to play a little bit of an exchange that our own Peter Kredline had with Burry White, who was a real sort of attack dog of this campaign. Have a look at this and then let's have a chat about it.
Speaker 4: Some of the bluest and bluest areas the most difficult for the Liberal Party now, so I would be careful.
Speaker 2: We'll just say that about well.
Speaker 1: Been allowed to happen. Obviously they're all women.
Speaker 4: Well, because when you've got a bit more money in your pocket, you maybe not focused on things like cost of living. You've got an ability to look at other issues. And if the election, if the elections about cost of living, you tell me how you guys keep losing poor old seats where people are struggling.
Speaker 17: I think they're really interesting things.
Speaker 4: Why are you going to be eat?
Speaker 17: Whether the strategy is Peter Dutton pursued, and I know you encouraged him to pursue Peter of ditching the teal seats for the outer suburbs, whether it pays.
Speaker 4: Off, I've never ever, very I've never advocated ditching the teal seat. You've certainly I'm always advocated, coming from a poor, backward part of regional Victoria, that those places cannot should not be forgotten by the Liberal Party.
Speaker 17: The strategy, the strategy will be.
Speaker 4: Your mouth is writing checks, your brain can't cash.
Speaker 7: O mouth is writing checks, your brain can cash. I mean, it was a brilliant line from Peter. But also it was really I think interesting having Burry Watt there on the desk because he literally would laugh in the face of when he was accused of lying and being part of a labor campaign that just lied, lied, lied, liud line all the way down, and it really showed I think the nature of labor. They're completely shameless, they're completely brazen, and you know, they don't care how much they lie because for them they understand power and I think they understand power in a way that the right doesn't.
Speaker 1: Let's have a look as well.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Reech.
Speaker 2: Let's also see Pauline Hanson tackling Murray what last night as well?
Speaker 17: What do you think explains that changing position from the coalition that they moved from the John Howard position of putting you guys last to all of a sudden putting in number two.
Speaker 18: Because Murray right from the beginning, John have when we one eleven seats of nineteen ninety eight in both you and the Coalition John Howard at that time, and you were determined to actually get rid of one Nation.
Speaker 6: That's why you have preferenced us last.
Speaker 18: Your stance about where Racist Party is a load of rubbish.
Speaker 16: You know that.
Speaker 18: You know we are a contemning factor of you winning seats in the Parliament. So you keep this fast going. When you look at the Greens what they stand for, but you preference them again above one Nation, well you know, Murray.
Speaker 5: You can lie straight in there.
Speaker 18: And the whole fact is you keep saying one nation because I work with Coalition. I don't agree with everything that they say and they don't agree with everything that I say either.
Speaker 2: You are not.
Speaker 5: True to your word.
Speaker 18: You it's a political game to you, it's not to me. I have no time for you or the Labor Party.
Speaker 11: You're all talk, you.
Speaker 2: Know, right, fantastic James, You're right. Look, I'm glad Murray what came on sky it was great, But he did you know, symbolize if you like that there was a was a clear arrogance.
Speaker 1: Stephen Conroy was warning about that.
Speaker 7: You know is to know and it's support for the right and support for the liberals. To know what they're up against.
Speaker 6: But also they have to know that the media isn't going to do the work that they should. Sare the media in this country lean heavily left. We saw that throughout the election campaign where they would be posing hostile questions to Dutton and Albo was their best mate. But can I just say one, that's what you've got to do the work.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they're going to take a short break now back in atic Hello, you're watching Outsiders with Rita Panahee, James Morrow and myself Rowan Dean.
Speaker 1: And so the blame game begins.
Speaker 2: Predictably, there is a veritable rogues gallery of those who will be scapegoated for the coalitions lamentable and entirely unnecessary disastrous loss.
Speaker 1: Heading what will be grow?
Speaker 2: What will grow into a Melbourne's Cup of contenders for the person who lost it for the Libs will of course be Yes, you guessed.
Speaker 1: It, Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Already, this particular horse has been trotting around the field for weeks, with all sorts of punters blaming the US President for all the woes under the sun, but in particular for Peter Dutton's disastrous campaign and loss.
Speaker 1: This despite the fact that Donald Trump barely even knows who Peter Dutton.
Speaker 2: Is, and doesn't have much time for Albo either, as he made clear a week or so ago Astralian Crime telling election this week, that's try they are calling and I will be joking doing him. The argument that Trump is to blame for the Coalition loss.
Speaker 1: Is as fatuous as it is self deluded. The Coalition had a.
Speaker 2: Very clear choice when Trump was elected to fully embrace him or to distance themselves from him. Dutton and his advisors chose the latter, and equivocally and relentlessly they alienated Trump. Rather than saying we are very excited by the election of Donald Trump because although we may disagree on some things, ultimately we share his core values, such as opposition to the woke leftist agenda and a belief in securing cheap and reliable energy in order to combat the cost of living and reinvigorate our industries and jobs, Peter Dutton went the opposite way, proclaiming people have nothing to fear from a Trump presidency, showing the fear in his eyes, implying Trump's election was some kind of calamity or natural disaster and it never got any better. Peter Dutton ranted about the Zelensky meeting and described Elon Musk as evil, an evil genius. Dutton nailed his colors clearly to the anti Trump mast and his ship sank. Had Dutton gone the other way, as I repeatedly urged here on Outsiders and in The Spectator Australia, he would, in my opinion, now be basking in the glow of a remarkable victory, or at least a minority labor government. He would have hopped on a plane to Washington and established a relationship with Trump, which he should have done right from the beginning, and which would have meant he would have been able to say all through the campaign, I know and chat to Donald Trump. I guarantee I will get us a better trade deal than Anthony ALBANIZI, who can't even get a phone call with the US president.
Speaker 1: Never happened.
Speaker 2: Even Ryan Liddell, Bill Shorten's former chief of staff, admitted here on Sky it was ridiculous to blame Trump for the coalition's disastrous campaign. More importantly, the one conservative politician who has stuck like glue to Donald Trump is Nigel Farage.
Speaker 1: And guess what this week he is basking.
Speaker 2: In an extraordinary victory for his Reform Party in the UK an unequivocally conservative and populist party next And it would have been so easy. When Trump pulled out of the Paris Agreement, Peter Dutton should have said.
Speaker 1: The world has changed.
Speaker 2: All the major industrialized nations are no longer committed net zero. It is suicidal, It is folly for us to also be committed to net zero. So a coalition government will withdraw from the Paris Agreement in order to immediately restore cheap and reliable energy to this nation and drive down the cost of living. That message should have then been hammered home every day. This would have forced Chris Bowen to the front of the Labour's election campaign. Albo wisely kept him hidden in the lodge basement, handcuffed to the plumbing pipes for the duration of the campaign. And then when the net zero blackouts hit Europe last week, with even people like Tony Blair saying net zero is a disaster, Peter Dutton would have been able to say, I told you so. My call to pull out of Paris will save Australia from exactly the same fate. The joke about blaming Trump for Dutton's loss is that Dutton lost because he distanced himself from Trump. It showed weakness, it showed timidity, and it played straight into Labour's hands. Had Dutton actually followed the Trump playbook, as I repeatedly urged, attack woke, attack immigration, stop immigration, destroy the Left, he could, and my opinion, would have won. There was no love for labor. People just didn't see in the coalition a party that stands for something or even anything. They didn't see a coalition that was ready to fight for them because they couldn't even fight for themselves. All they saw was equivocation and cowardice. Let me be crystal clear. The decision to distance the Libs, the decision to distance the Libs from Donald Trump, was an unmitigated disaster.
Speaker 1: When Peter Dutton was.
Speaker 2: Trump like, strong, powerful and fighting the woke orthodoxy, he won the unwinnable referendum. When Peter Dutton went anti Trump, didn't attack woke when Labor light, he lost not only the election but also his seat. All the Trump haters can and will try and spin it however they like, but the facts are simple. The anti Trump, small target, pro woke strategy was a disaster. You go woke, you go broke. Let me say this with a minimum of hubris. When Peter Dutton and the Coalition listened to this show and followed every single piece of advice from Rita James and myself on the Voice, they won in a landslide. When Peter Dutton and the Coalition ignored every single piece of advice given to them by Rita James and myself again and again and again over the past nine months about how to win government, they lost in a landslide. You can draw your own conclusions, but there is literally not a single other television show in Australia that can say the same thing, not one. On another note, let me repeat Peter Dutton's greatest legacy is not in fact winning the Voice referendum, magnificent though that was, But rather his greatest legacy was his unequivocal, unwavering and full throated support for Israel after the horrors of October seventh had a nightmare time for Australian Jews. For that, Peter Dutton must be eternally honored and the Liberal Party must retain that unequivocal support no matter what lies ahead. Let me also make this point the Labor Party did not tear down Peter Dutton. The woke leftist bedwetters of the Liberal Party tore down Peter Dutton and destroyed the Liberal Party in the process. The next two horses in our Melbourne's cup field of people to blame will be just Center Price and Andrew Hasty for supposed clangers made during gaffes made during the campaign. Jacent her and this goes back to the Trump nonsense, said we should be making Australia great again. When she did so, the Dutton mobble clearly forced her to back away from those comments, which was simply idiotic. Who doesn't want to make Australia great again?
Speaker 1: And if not, why not?
Speaker 2: Worse, Some in the cam coalition are blaming the decision to appoint you Center to a Doze style position, saying that was a mistake. It was only a mistake because they didn't do anything with it or with her. Jacenter should have been out there every single day of the campaign with a list of the hundreds of ridiculous labor government projects where hundreds of thousands, even millions of taxpayers dollars are being spent and wasted on frivolous indigenous bodies in Canberra, diversity in our inclosure, inclusion woke rubbish bureaucrats, while ordinary Australians can barely eat or feed, or clothe or heat themselves. As for Andrew Hasty's comments dredged up from a decade ago about not allowing women into frontline combat.
Speaker 1: Rather than running like scared rabbits, quick quick.
Speaker 2: Playing hide the Hasty, the Coalition should simply have said Andrew Hasty is a former SAS officer. If anyone wishes to question him on his views, go and spend a few years the hellhole of Afghanistan first, and then give us your opinion, end of discussion. As we're seeing in an article in the Daily Telegraph this week, the bedwetters and the Liberal Party are already trying to scapegoat the so called right wingers, including Hastian Price for gaths.
Speaker 1: Gaths during the election.
Speaker 2: Also running a strong race in the blame game is according to that James Campbell article, Shadow treasurer Angus Taylor. Angus is blamed for not having prepared a proper opposition tax policy. Fair enough, but it is hard to escape the conclusion that those speaking off the record in this article are the bedwetters who are desperate to cling on to power and are therefore scapegoating everybody on the so called so called right of the Liberal Party. There are also all sorts of attempts to blame this or that staffer, or this or that group at HQ, and there is no question that the backroom mob performed abysmally. But the reality is that the rot starts at the top and the blame must rest predominantly, if not.
Speaker 1: Entirely, with the leader, Peter Dutton.
Speaker 2: Peter Dutton was magnificent during the Joys campaign once he was on board with No and Dutton has been superb in his unequivocal support for Israel. As I said, that was the Peter Dutton that could, would and should have won the election in a landslide, single minded, fighting the work madness with conviction and purpose. Instead, what we got was an almost unrecognizable Dutton, timid, scared of his own shadow, scared of anything vaguely Trumpian or right wing, awkward ambivalent, dancing to the focus groups and ultimately dancing to Labour's tune.
Speaker 1: On virtually every single issue.
Speaker 2: Oppositions must oppose, not mimic, not agree, not minimize differences. People are instinctively wary of leaders who look unsure of themselves, and rightly so. Peter Dutton, a conviction politician, would now be headed for the lodge. Peter Dutton chose to abandon those core beliefs and followed the siren call of the polsters and focus groups and bedwetting back room boys. You reap what you sew. By the way, last week I told you about a brilliant line A friend of mine wrote.
Speaker 1: Give Albo the elbow.
Speaker 2: There it is, asked it across a poster on Albow's own seat.
Speaker 1: Clearly hit the nerve.
Speaker 2: Maybe if the Libs had tried a little harder. The great tragedy is now we must suffer three more years under what will undoubtedly be the worst government in Australia's history. There's only one thing worse than a deluded labor government, and that's an arrogant, deluded labor government. But the question now has to be asked, is the modern Liberal party, the so called broad Church, actually fit for purpose. Personally, I'd rather see a national Conservative party combining the nationals one nation the other, Libertarian family Trumpets or whatever they're called. All of those outstand and the outstanding members of the Liberal Party who do wish to make Australia great again. The Bedwetting Liberals have been an unmitigated disaster. They destroyed Tony Abbott, they gave us Malcolm Turnbull, they gave us Scott Morrison, they wasted nine years in government, and then they destroyed Peter Dutton's chants, the hero of the Voice. Let the Bedwethers form their own party, they can even call it the Bedweters. I'll let them, and let's have a proper national Conservative Party, a party prepared to fight climate change, dogma and net zero, fight indigenous separatism and woke identity politics, and stand for traditional Judeo Christian enlightenment, pro Western and pro American values.
Speaker 1: The sooner the better for us all.
Speaker 2: Liberal Senator alexanderk joins us now to analyze the election results.
Speaker 1: Alex you've heard what I have to say.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you think about the loss and our view as outsiders. Viewers will not forgive me if I do not say you should be the next leader of the Liberal Party.
Speaker 1: So there I've said it, and you can do without what you want. But that's what.
Speaker 2: Outsiders unbeariably think you and just center under Matt Canavan and others, other stars, and that the Liberal Party is in a real mess.
Speaker 1: What happened Alex.
Speaker 19: Well, thanks Ryan, It's very nice of you, but my place in the Senate would prevent that, and I'm not sure. I'm not sure my path leads that way, but it's very nice for me to say that. Anyway, look the wrong way to start, I mean, I think probably the first thing to say is that, you know, it's difficult, difficult time for a lot of good people and colleagues, Peter included. Peter's a very good bloke, he really is. And the tragedy of this is that people never, really I don't think, saw the very kind, very quick witted and mischievously humored Peter Dutton out of all of this. I wish that there had been more of that, but I think in politics there is too much spin, too many focus groups, too many attempts to sort of try and turn things into things they're not.
Speaker 13: And he would have been a very good prime minister.
Speaker 19: But unfortunately in this country, conservative politics, the Conservative movement has I think, and I have said it for a very long period of time. Let Australians down by allowing things that are simply and demonstrably not true to be repeated ad nauseum over.
Speaker 13: And over again.
Speaker 19: We're talking about net zero, We're talking about the sorts of things that are going on in our classrooms. We're talking about allowing you know, this this nonsense of the pushback against colonial.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 7: So I just want to hap in here on this here, because you know, a moment ago you said that Peter Dutton is a quick witted individual, and you know and that there's all these sort of labor lives out there. Where was this quick witted individual when we needed him to go out there and push back against every live from nuclear reactors cost six hundred million dollars to they're going to take away your free medicare or all of this sort of stuff. This was the most flat footed campaign by an opposition leader I have seen for ages. He is the first opposition leader since World War Two to suffer upswing against his own party, you know, at the first term election, being out of power. What accounts for the way in which this campaign was conducted and why there was absolutely no pushback against an absolute symphony of lies from the Labor Party. Was it the focus groups. Was it campaign headquarters? Does campaign headquarters have something to do with getting in the way of Peter Dutton running the campaign? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well, James, I was getting to that.
Speaker 19: I must say that the whole argument about what went wrong with a campaign is probably a different stream. My point is just simply that I feel sorry for Peter because I think he's a good bloke. But look, the reality of that is no, I don't think the campaign was of any sort of quality at all. Frankly, I mean I think it simply didn't have policy that resonated. I mean many of the policies were in my mind reminiscent of a mobile phone contract. You know, for the first twelve months you'll get something free.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: There was a whole.
Speaker 19: Host of which I don't mean to be flippant about, but that's just instinctively. I would hear things like we're going to cut fuel excise and I would think great, but why only for twelve months? So I think these are some of the problems. There wasn't the depth of gifts on offer. I mean, in many cases I feel very sorry for some of our excellent candidates, particularly here in South Australia. We've done a power of work trying to get real people back into politics. But unfortunately we sent the troops into battle without ammunition. And so I think that is now one problem. Now to the issue of nuclear in particular, we look, I just can't answer that because we announced what I think was a very good and sensible nuclear policy and then wouldn't talk about it. So I don't know the answer to that. But what I do know is that this rot this will never be explainable simply in.
Speaker 13: The last four weeks.
Speaker 19: What we have to look back is the last twenty years of conservative politics, where we simply have waved and smiled and nodded and pushed things through, and there hasn't been enough pushback.
Speaker 13: I can tell you.
Speaker 19: I'm in there day to day making these points around anyone that will listen, getting called all sorts of names, hard right, far right, whatever. I was the only member of the coalition that crossed the floor to vote against the hate crimes bills. I voted against the social media bills. There are things that are just not being said inside the walls of the Liberal Party and they have to. And look, I think the other thing you need to say is that I think there are people inside the party that didn't want Peter to become the prime minister. I myself was the subject of a story that was backgrounded trying to effectively pick on one word I said back in twenty twenty two, which apparently was anti Semitic, which it was not as far as I was concerned. That was shopped around to multiple journalists, and when I asked the question about where this had come from, I was told, inside your walls. So what's that all about it, why is that happening?
Speaker 7: And who?
Speaker 19: It doesn't damage me? I'm number one on the ticket. I was never going to not get elected, but I suspect it damaged Peter.
Speaker 6: Well, how do you address that, how do you address the bedwords, the quizzlings, the enemy within which seems to be more interested in defeating conservatives within the Liberal Party than actually defeating labor.
Speaker 13: Well, a very good question, and there's a very simple answer. I don't.
Speaker 19: I mean, look, I have a lot of time for some of the personalities inside the minor conservative parties, but I do not believe there is another answer, And we seen it in the United States. The Republican Party is stronger under a stronger conservative leader. And I think the same is true here. People are hardwired to vote red or blue.
Speaker 13: In this country. It's like a game of football.
Speaker 19: There's only red and blue on the team on the field, and everyone else is in the stands shouting. What we have to do is make sure that we make the Liberal Party great again.
Speaker 13: I said it.
Speaker 19: There we go, so we can make Australia great again, by the way, and no one should have any backlash about that. That's a simple statement. Trump himself said it during the American campaign.
Speaker 13: Why are they.
Speaker 19: Getting stuck into this logan who doesn't want to make America great again?
Speaker 13: But onto the issue.
Speaker 19: What needs to happen is doing what we're doing here in South Australia, which is having real people join up at ten day gms, at ten pre selections and make sure that you're getting proper true blue, big earl liberals who are representing your party. That is a long process. It is happening here almost everybody. I would say that we are now pre selecting I would say very true liberals in South Australia, and the machine has changed now. Unfortunately, there was a national swing on and we lost some very good people people liked very quickly. It was a candidate in the very red Scena zaghlodovn Macon and so that is the blueprint forward here.
Speaker 13: It's not running off.
Speaker 2: Just quick question, reform Australia.
Speaker 5: Who's going to reform the party?
Speaker 6: Who's the next leader?
Speaker 13: I just don't know the answer to that.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 19: I think the names that have been thrown around are all probably right, but you know, I just I just don't know.
Speaker 13: I simply don't know.
Speaker 19: I mean, I think, you know, Angus and Andrew are two good names as well, like Dan.
Speaker 13: So you know, I just don't know the answer.
Speaker 2: We'll carry this discussion on later. Thanks Alex Antick, we'll speak to you again. Sin thanks so much for coming here on Outsiders. Now we're going to cross to London where Myra and Central. Nathan has been waking and staying up very late for us. Myron. Always great to see. We do appreciate. Sorry we had a few technical things earlier. Now this is extraordinary. We our conservatives here just lost a thumping election because they were terrified of the words Donald Trump basically and ran in circles around anythink that was vaguely conservative. Nigel Farage has just performed the most stunning results in two by elections and councilor elections where Reform has surged ahead winning extraordinary because it's the first part of the post system, winning one Canada by only six votes out of some twenty thousand.
Speaker 1: Extraordinary stuff. Myron, tell us, how's.
Speaker 2: It feeling like to be in Britain to have a proper Conservative party back again?
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, this is an amazing time because yes they were, these were just local elections, but in reality these elections have ushered in a whole new political landscape that probably only happens once in a century because the first pastor post system, as you mentioned, has been well and truly broken. When Nigel came back on July last year during the general election, he said he would just make a bridge head into Parliament. So the first crack of that first past to post system, which locks in Labor and the Conservatives, was made in July. And then as he progressed and during making arenas, filling up arenas with thousands of people and campaigning across the country. The accusation was Reform is just a protest party. It's something that is celebratory, yes, but full of rasma tas. But nothing really of substance. So the real test came in these local elections where the polling had to translate into actual votes, and that is what has happened, and it's been an absolute blood bath for the opposition parties. Reform got six hundred and seventy on councilors elected, ten local councils come under their control. Plus this by election of parliamentary by election, as you said, one by six votes, which was previously lost by fifteen thousand votes and now.
Speaker 7: Just one by six votes.
Speaker 8: So what this shows is Reform is not a protest party. It's not just something you just cast your vote just to send a message somewhere. It is now locked into local government. So yes, Labor have the national government authority in Parliament, but the local government across England and probably next year in Wales and Scotland will be run by Reform UK. This is shattering the UNI Party, shattering the first past to post system.
Speaker 5: This is astonishing.
Speaker 6: What is the future of the Tory Party. Will they merge into Reform or just become history.
Speaker 8: Well, Nigel Faraj has actually declared the Conservative Party effectively dead because they have been hollowed out in all the shires and all the counties, so they have no real grassroots base. So kenmy Badenoch who's in charge of the Conservative Party, I mean she said she doesn't want to have a packed just yet. It's probably too early to say, but they are on the naughty step. They are groveling because they're paying the price for the Boris wave of immigration where he let in net immigration at over near enough a million people in one year, and so the Conservative Party have lost their constitutional philosophy, Their principles are scattered. They're a divided party and as a result of that that the British electorate have no faith in them whatsoever.
Speaker 2: And Myron just want to ask you about what this means in terms of policies.
Speaker 1: Like net zero, like immigration.
Speaker 2: Nigel Farag has come out and said, as far as he's concerned, and the councilors can start firing their climate and diversity and inclusion people, which is great news. But there are real policies that are in place, tell.
Speaker 1: Us about them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So I think Nigel has taken a bit of inspiration for me, little mask And the first thing is the local government waste that there's going to be a kind of doge movement that's going to happen all across local government. Massive efficiency savings going across because as you've seen in America, it's happening all across governments across the world.
Speaker 13: And so that's the first thing.
Speaker 8: The auditors are going to come in and look at the books and look at the accounts. And as you said, all kind of renewable wind solar farms are going to push back against migrant hotels.
Speaker 2: This is a massive deal.
Speaker 8: Well, illegal migrants are being housed all across the country in hotels and even in private rental accommodation, and so the local councils run by Reform will be pushing back against that. DEI. As you said, also the work from home philosophy, you know, the kind of three day, have a cup of tea, have a cup of cake, have a slice of cake, and then off you go, maybe a couple of hours.
Speaker 20: Here and there.
Speaker 8: That the work from home philosophy is going to be put into the bin as well. So that is the kind of policies that we're going to imprint at local level. Sure they'll be resisted at national level, but that's the tussle labor at the national level reform at the local level. Labor may have the constitutional power, but reform has the power of the people behind them.
Speaker 7: You know. The one thing I'm sort of concerned about with all this myron is that things had to get so bad in Great Britain for reform to start to see these sorts of victories. You've got a number of years left until you've got another general election, so you've got many more years of starmerism. Is the concern that it is only when things and this is where I'm sort of thinking about in an Australian context, only when things hit an absolute crisis point that voters start to say, you know what, we need to accept that the right is the ones to sort this out.
Speaker 20: You're absolutely right.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, it's just the reality of the situation. People don't follow politics as much as perhaps we would like them too, and so as a result, they can't track the kind of policies that are being implemented and the outcomes that are happening on a day to day basis, and so when it is only when things get really, really, really bad that they feel it. When they walk out their door they see their towns and villages of being changed, the cost of living is completely being turned on its head, and their rights and everything else have been stripped away from them. That's when they start to realize how bad things get, and that's when they start to change course. But I always knew it would happen. The Labor government, in my opinion, is a vaccination. It's a vaccination against mass migration, it's a vaccination against net zero, it's a vaccination against identity politics and high tax, highly regulated economy. Sometimes we need to go through these dark times to understand what the right course of action is. And you're absolutely right. It might be happening in Australia, it's certainly happening in the UK. But I would say when the local elections, the British government understand what the brand of reform stands for, they get that it stands below immigration, against net zero, identity politics and so on, and as a result of that, Kirs Darmer is going to have to change course. So by voting reform, he is compelled if the pressure is on that he's going to have to somehow move away from the left and tack to the right somewhat.
Speaker 2: Myron central Nathan always great to get your insights and great to chat to you.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for staying up.
Speaker 2: That's so absolutely brilliant and you're absolutely right. If a political party, particularly the right, stands for something they win. That's Myron central Nathan there in Britain. I hope the lives are listening after the break James's donkey vote, can I tick.
Speaker 7: Hello? You're watching out Siders with your hosts reader vote one, panihy and rowan democracy dean and of course James Mustard on that democracy sausage Pleasemorrow And I got to say that even if you are not thrilled with the results of the election, please be grateful Australians that we still live in a functioning democracy and not some banana republic like Germany, where parties, if they attract too much support for things like I don't know, cutting immigration, become branded far right and put under surveillance by their government. At the same time, though, it is still a bit disappointing here in Australia that our conservatives don't speak with the same clarity as people in the Trump administration, people like Stephen Miller, a senior advisor to the President who is said to be a front runner for the role of National Security Advisor after Mike Waltz was pumpted from the job over that whole little business with the signal chat. I wanted to introduce you to Miller because I think he's important for Australians to see what this guy is all about and how he is absolutely all in on the America first and mass deportations of illegals. Absolutely get a schedule schooling the press on their hypocrisy in covering immigration. There's a lesson here. Have a look at this.
Speaker 20: Most of your papers never cover her story. When it happened to the extent that you covered it at all, it was because President Trump forced you to cover it by highlighting it repeatedly, over and over again. He had to shame you into covering it. And each and every one of you decides over and over again with these mster teen terrorists to the extent that you at the financial means to do so. You all choose to live in condos or homes or houses as far away from these kinds of gang bangers as you possibly can. If I offered any one of you a rent free home with no taxes to pay in any of these gang neighborhoods and I said, your neighbors are mster ting terrorists or Mexican mafia or Sineloa cartel or trained Aragua. I couldn't pay you to live there, But yet you, with your coverage, are trying to force innocent Americans to have these people as their neighbors and that one day their daughter may be abducted from their home and raped and murdered. So you're not going to get an ounce of sympathy from this administration or President Trump for the terrorists who've invaded our homes in our country.
Speaker 7: How good is that guy? And I mean, seriously, can you imagine anyone in Australia speaking to the press gallery like that? But I want to give you more because here he is blowing up a reporter over the issue of whether or not illegal aliens brought in by Joe Biden should be allowed to stay in the country at all.
Speaker 21: Is it the best use of the administration's resources to going after moms of young kids? Basically, do you yourself have an opinion on the subject.
Speaker 13: I'm more interested in yours.
Speaker 21: Well, what percentage of the Let's just pick an even number of say ten million illegal aliens. Let's say that Biden released. I think it's close to the twenty. Let's say he released ten million thegal aliens into the country over the last four years.
Speaker 20: Four percentage do you think we should let's stay here of those ten millions. I'm not trying to do a game show if you think that's the best use of a whole lot of the deeds?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 21: Is it your view that if a Democrat president releases ten to fifteen twenty million legals into the country, they all then should get to stay forever and for all of life.
Speaker 13: Stephen, I don't have a view about what Democratic presidents do.
Speaker 20: I'm asking what the Republican president you know, or how it wants.
Speaker 21: So you don't want to answer the question because you know the answer is obviously.
Speaker 7: I've got even more Steven Miller, A look at this.
Speaker 21: All those individuals, by law, have no right to be here and must be sent home. None of the people that Biden let in have a legitimate asylum claim, have a legitimate claim to relief, have any right or basis to be.
Speaker 1: Inside the United States. And now we see a move by.
Speaker 21: The media just say that some subset of the ten to fifteen twenty million legals that Biden let in who, knowing they're here illegally.
Speaker 1: Choose to stay here, choose to have children.
Speaker 13: So then we should take the view, Oh, you beat.
Speaker 21: The system, you trespass in our country, you failed to leave, you failed to comply with our laws, and now you've had a child, and now what you get amnesty for life? And what we should ask what a laid off worker in Ohio, Io to now pay for welfare for your entire life.
Speaker 7: Stephen Miller is also furious about people like Illinois Governor JB. Pritzker, who, in a fiery speech last week, called for mass uprisings against Republicans. Here's how Miller responded to that little idea.
Speaker 21: Well, what I would say is that his comments in nothing else could they could be construed as inciting violence. So President Trump survived Hue assassination attempts against his life. Of course, there's been many more credible threats against President Trump and his family and associates. We've, of course seen the spate of left wing domestic terrorism all across.
Speaker 1: This country by.
Speaker 21: The destruction of property sits directly adjacent to the to attacks on humans and physical attacks. So there was once you tolerate and once you allow for attacks of property, you're just a step away for people throwing multi cocktails into people's voltop cocos and people's homes.
Speaker 7: Well, he's absolutely right, and that was just an outstanding performance by one of the stars of the Trump administration, who every day goes out and delivers an absolute banging masterclass in dealing with the left wing mainstream media. Now, I reckon he'd be a great national security advisor, but apparently there are rumors in Washington Miller doesn't want to take the job if it means he has to spend less time deporting illegal aliens. My god that anyway, take notes Australian liberals as you lick your wounds, because this is how it's done. And by the way, just one more thing, speaking of the mainstream media, check out what happened when CNN's Van Jones checked in with three black Trump voters to see if they would vote for Trump again. Guess what, I'm not sure he was expecting these answers.
Speaker 6: If you had to do it all over again, would you vote for Donald Trump again or not?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 5: I would now in the future.
Speaker 3: I am not a die hard Democrat or a diehard Republican.
Speaker 13: If there were a Democratic.
Speaker 22: Candidate who was more aligned for me than I would vote demmograntic.
Speaker 1: If you go back in time, would you vote for Donald Trump?
Speaker 13: Yes or no? Yes, I think I might know the answer on the same.
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: If you had to do it all over again, would you vote for Donald Trump?
Speaker 16: Yes or no?
Speaker 13: One thousand percent?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? Yes.
Speaker 7: You see, guys, it's really not hard. You stand for something. You don't have to covery the Trump playbook, but you do have to stand for something, and guess what you win their loyalty and support. Again, it's not that hard, or at least it shouldn't be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm slip James, And look, that's the point Donald Trump is. We've had one hundred days, which has been pretty amazing, and everybody go, oh, we've got a recession coming in all the rest of it. Here's how Donald Trump handled questions about a recession have listened.
Speaker 23: Some people on Wall Street have expressed concerns that the possibility of a recession is increasing, And I want to know what you think about that. Are you comfortable with the country potentially dipping into a recession for a period of time? If you are able to achieve your long term goals.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, you say, some people on Wall Street say, well, I like to tell you something else.
Speaker 7: Some people on Wall Street.
Speaker 9: Say that we're going to have the greatest economy in history.
Speaker 7: Why don't you talk about them? Because some people on Wall Street say this.
Speaker 5: Is That's what I'm getting at. That's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 9: Though there are many people on Wall Street say this is going to be the greatest windfall ever happened.
Speaker 2: And James and Rieder, this is the point that James is making earlier about always stating your positions, stating it's simply believing what you saying and stating it again and again in simple phrases that people can understand, rather than is equivocating. Oh, we're going to kind of do kind of immigration. It's going to be twenty five percent of kind of cut feel over a little bit, and then we wind, and then we wind have a taxed cop but we want to tax I.
Speaker 7: Mean seriously, Well, yeah, I mean, look, there was again we had had the whole question of even where were the policies? And you know, we kept asking, We kept asking on this show, we kept asking in our columns and elsewhere. Where are the policies, Where are the policies? Where are the policies? And you know, they dripped them out one after another and the whole thing was a mess. But you know what I think is also going to happen here is we're going to start to see a lot of recriminations coming out from within the Liberal parties. And I think it's going to start to happen come out in New South Wales particularly, and around the moderates in New South Wales. There are going to be well, you know, sabotage, of sabotaged advis of leaking, of all sorts of things, and it's going to make the Liberals, I think, look really really bad, but hopefully it helps them excit the people in the party who would rather fight one another for the spoils of defeat rather than actually go and win office.
Speaker 2: All the spoils of renewables. That's where I think the secret of this lies.
Speaker 1: But that's just me anyway.
Speaker 6: Well, the fear again is that all the wrong people are going to be exited out of the party. Sorry, all the right people are going to be exited out of the party, and all the people who are behind this Mayhem are going to have even more power because that's happened elsewhere in the country. When these sort of losses are recorded, it's going to be critical. I think the biggest decision is to be who's going to be the leader. I think that is going to be setting the narrative, and if they get that wrong, then everything in the back office is going to follow, I think, and I think that is going to be one where they can't botch it. You botch the election badly, don't botch this. You need to pick the right leader. And I fear that if they look at it as a two step process, you have a leader for those terrible first twelve months and then we'll get a.
Speaker 13: New while.
Speaker 2: Has to espouse the values that they want to take to the election.
Speaker 1: We have to have that. I just want to play you just on Trump.
Speaker 2: I just want to play another clip, because defense should have been a key winner for the coalition on this. They up there spending which was great, and then of course, oh no, there's nothing to do with Donald Trump. But they up there spending as Trump and asked, so why they didn't embrace Trump is madness to me. But anyway, I listened to Donald Trump, or rather Pete Haig said about how recruiting for not only the armed forces, but all those essential services, police, fire and so on have been soaring and since Trump got elected have a little.
Speaker 1: Like so many things.
Speaker 2: President, you inherited a demoralized military that couldn't recruit.
Speaker 13: That was perceived this week.
Speaker 2: After what happened in Afghanistan and elsewhere.
Speaker 7: Because of Joe Biden, and what we've seen since your.
Speaker 11: Election and the inauguration has been nothing short of a recruiting renaissance.
Speaker 20: Decades it has been game since we've seen this kind of recruiting in the.
Speaker 7: Army, the Navy, the Marine Corps, of the Air Force.
Speaker 11: The men and women of America want to join the United States military led by President Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: And the police, by the way, and fire. I always mentioned the.
Speaker 9: Fire, but the police and fire.
Speaker 11: But the police and fire likewise are I mean, they.
Speaker 7: Have waiting lists now and six months ago was a disaster.
Speaker 2: And Australia needs to be strong and part of defense is having people wanting to join your armed forces, people wanting to join your police forces and fiber guys.
Speaker 7: And here we don't even know if young people want to fight for the country if there was a problem.
Speaker 6: But you know, you know, James, because we did some polling on yeah, and sadly the majority don't want to fight.
Speaker 5: And who can blame them?
Speaker 2: And why is that? It's because a left wing culture nonsense has been rammed down their throats and schools about you're all going to die because of climate change, you know, as an evil country, stolen land, let's give it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hateful, hateful.
Speaker 2: Self loathing stuff that has run down the next three years.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I pity the kids in school and yeah, so it's gonna.
Speaker 7: Get with the glimmer of hope in this here is that, you know, as Margaret Thatcher, our great hero of this program, you know who used to play the clips of all the time in the early days of the program. She had a great saying and she said, the facts of life are conservative, right. Yes, Now, the fact that the so called Conservative party screwed up all of its policies around this doesn't change the fact that the fundamentals are there for people. You know, housing, The reason why we talk about a housing crisis all the time is fundamentally because young people want the same thing that everybody always wants, a home and a home is rootiness to a community and all of the things that come with that, family and stability and capital. And the fact that the Liberals managed not to come up with a good housing policy and an incredible immigration policy undercuts that. Likewise with enterprise, you know, on two issues, taxes and the cost of living, particularly taxes our own Pole Newspaul found that voters thought labor had more credible plans to deal with So people actually want lower taxes and people want praises to be lower shop But the problem is that, you know, the conservative solutions who do have the better solutions to these these they allowed themselves to get completely out of.
Speaker 6: Something that's been talked about a lot again by the pundits and you're going to hear it for weeks to come, is that the Liberals need to go left because the demographic changes and the young voters who have so overwhelmingly left now again, look at other countries that are like us for an example. You can win back or you can win left young voters, but you have to give them something to back. You have to actually give them policies that speak to them that aren't necessarily hard left neo Marxist policies. But actually policies that will make their lives better. And we've seen that. Polling in the US is very clear that Trump has great strength with young voters. Yep, and there is no reason why we can't replicate that here. The issues that young voters are viewed to the right in the US are identical here.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 6: If you don't recognize that or don't recognize that opportunity, but you need to do the work. You can't just say a couple of these policy talking points four weeks before election, expect to get back in UNI.
Speaker 7: You got a liver and breathe it.
Speaker 2: And there are several people I've mentioned within the Liberal Party and the National Party who do have those qualities.
Speaker 1: After the break, Canbra Clown Show.
Speaker 2: Roll up, Roll up, ladies and gentlemen, step right this way. Yes, it's the Canberra Clown Show back by popular demand for another sellout three year run with all your favorites. We'll have Penny Wise sorry, Pennywong the Clown returning with her magnificent voice.
Speaker 12: Two points zero. We've got Bobo Bowen backed from his cave in the Nullabore with his magic Blackout starting this summer. And yes, of course Katie the clown will be spending your money like it's going out of fashion, which indeed it soon will be. And of course Jimbo the clown who can conjure up unrealized tax gains on your super out of thin air. Yes, it's the Candra Clown Show back in town under the Burley Griffin Big Top. Meanwhile, here's a few highlights from the traveling troop of circus acts that have been entertaining us for the past few weeks up and down the country. Who can forget such classic moments as this improvised act from a petty bureaucrat who clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the term democracy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have shut them down down.
Speaker 3: I'm just anybody, you know, even letting me speak, You interrupting me whenever I speak.
Speaker 5: I'm asking you.
Speaker 3: I've had a few people who are quite upset. I just speak to my about what you're speaking to them?
Speaker 7: What about speaking about.
Speaker 5: About late term abortions?
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't like that, it's not my It's a horrible thing, though, and that's why I want to stop it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I want to speak to my supervisors because I've had some complaints. Okay, if I were to ask you, if you would like to speak to everybody that your policies, you're more than welcome to. But just that point before now, if I can please ask, can I can I else every other of you?
Speaker 5: I'm not to mention abortion just for now.
Speaker 3: I've had some complaints and I just want to run it up the change.
Speaker 24: Okay, you wouldn't mind.
Speaker 2: Thank you? What an absolute disgrace trying desperately hard to be as equally entertaining was our favorite clown, doctor Monique Ryan, refusing to answer even a simple question.
Speaker 17: Monique as an independent, why should people vote for you when you mostly vote with the Greens?
Speaker 25: Anyways, came to.
Speaker 7: Have a chat.
Speaker 14: Perhaps not right now, really quite there's cars coming through and there's voters here.
Speaker 24: It's not what you're doing is not very.
Speaker 1: Safe, oh Harvey, what you're doing is not very safe.
Speaker 2: But why I have one dope eteal doctor when you're going to have two? This one from Sydney's Northern Beaches. A doctor remember who diagnosed a tragic recent tragic death has been caused.
Speaker 1: By coomer change. You can't make this stuff up here.
Speaker 2: She has been chastised correctly by two GB's ben Fordham for the distress she caused to the family of the young man.
Speaker 15: We're about to be joined by the t LMP Sophie Scomps. I think she should be apologizing to the family of the NRL player Keith Titmus. They are angry that she has wrongly linked his death to climate change.
Speaker 2: It is very unfortunate that you know, I've upset the family. But it's all about even healthy young people.
Speaker 7: Our bodies are not adapted to dealing with umsing.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Not to be outdone in the creepiness stakes was this troop of half wits and freaks who had clearly escaped from some lunatic asylum in the backstreets of Munich circa nineteen thirty nine.
Speaker 13: Christians, And of a whole loss. We can't all of it. What a disgrace.
Speaker 2: And every circus has its bumbling ignoramus clown. Here's a green clown from Melbourne.
Speaker 17: Many of the arguments that I made against Israel can be made about Australia.
Speaker 15: Do you agree?
Speaker 1: Are you on stolen land?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 17: We are on stolenly, undoubtedly?
Speaker 2: And did we colonize?
Speaker 24: We did, undoubtedly.
Speaker 2: I wonder if he'd give his house back for his stolen land. But the standout performance of the past five weeks has to go to her old favorite, The Scariest Clown under the Burly Griffin, Big Top Penny Wise, sorry, Penny Wong the Clown. Here she is doing her favorite slapstick act, spilling the beans.
Speaker 24: Look, I think we'll look back on it in ten years time and it'll be like marriage equality, don't you reckon? Like I was just say marriage equality, which took us such a bloody fight to get that done, and I thought, all this fuss, it'll become something to be like people go, do we have an argument about that? They weren't even like kids today or any even adults today. Really kind of clock that it used to be an issue.
Speaker 1: Oh the arrogance.
Speaker 2: Looks like The Voice Circus will be returning for a second sellout season under Albozo the Clown. Here he is trying to speak Chinese. Too young to vote, but.
Speaker 7: Old enough to school the Prime Minister.
Speaker 10: Nice to make you in Chinese.
Speaker 2: Chinese, but when he actually meets a Chinese woman, he couldn't wait to be rid of her.
Speaker 16: Are you kissing your boss?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yes indeed, the circus is well and truly back in town.
Speaker 1: What would Bob Dylan say? And the only sound that's left.
Speaker 25: After the ambulances go, it's Cindy Ella sweeping upon desoltly shung rule.
Speaker 5: That was the most depressing post music.
Speaker 6: Everyd Okay, can we have some frivolity.
Speaker 1: Hyper balls back?
Speaker 6: Yes, Kamala's back, and we got a word salad this time about elephants.
Speaker 22: In fact, please allow me, friends to digress for a moment. Okay, it's kind of dark in here when I'm asked for show of hands. Who saw that video from a couple of weeks ago, the one of the elephants at the San Diego Zoo during the earthquake.
Speaker 5: Google it if you've not seen it. So that scene has been on my mind.
Speaker 22: Everybody's asking me what you've been thinking about these days?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, what can you say?
Speaker 6: White House Press Secretary Caroline Levata had this to say.
Speaker 2: Thank you everyone.
Speaker 1: Just to add on the Kamala Harris point.
Speaker 5: I think I speak for everyone at the White House.
Speaker 2: We encourage Kamala Harris.
Speaker 5: To continue going out and speaking.
Speaker 6: Do speaking engagements you'll hear from the President at eleven o'clock. Yes, please talk more, because you guess what, She's still the number one candidate and all the polling they do, she's still the one who most Democrat voters will deceive money.
Speaker 7: And you know, the other interesting thing is that when CNN asked this week they said, well, who do you think would be doing a better job as president? More people are saying Donald Trump for doing a better job. Kamal Harrison exactly exactly along the lines of what it was at election nights. So everybody's just locked in, and all the Trump people are completely locked in, no matter the best efforts of the media to try and tear down Oh no, this to that, and then they are're gonna have a recession. It's like, there's this.
Speaker 6: Ridiculous notion of Trump's underwater in the polls. One, those polls have been wrong about him for eight years, as they were just back in November.
Speaker 5: Remember that they were supposed to lose.
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, yeah, give me a break.
Speaker 6: But two, even if you trust those polls, the Democrats are polling way lower.
Speaker 7: Than There was a great moment when Chuck Schumer tried to go on about how horrible Donald Trump was doing in the polls, and a reporter said, wasn't there just a poll this week that said you were like at seventeen percent approval? And Chuck Schuber literally said, well, you know, polls come and go.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the White House, Michelle Obama, apparently it was very tough being Michelle Obama. She had to pay for her own food.
Speaker 6: This is the most miserable woman in America, over privileged, just has everything that you could want. But yet every time you hear respects. She's got her own podcast. Now no one listens to it, but she has her own podcast. She's doing a lot of interviews and every word is just woe is me? How hard is my life?
Speaker 5: It is depressing stuff just to listen to have it?
Speaker 26: Got an example, please, it's expensive to live in the White House. Many people don't know. I mean much is not covered. You're paying for every food, every bit of food that you eat. You're not paying for housing and the staff in it, but everything, even travel if you're not traveling with the president. If your kids are coming on a bright Star which is the first Lady's plane, we had to pay for their travel to be on the plane.
Speaker 6: When I have to pay for the kids to come on my private plane that the taxpayer is paying for.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 5: And then I have to feed them? What next?
Speaker 2: I mean?
Speaker 7: She s sorry, credible, sorry, This is the thing. This just shows how the presidency has become this huge grift because the Obama's net worth I just checked it somewhere around seventy million dollars. So probably all of these people they came into the White House with nothing, nothing. How does that work? This is the thing.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump's the only politician whose net worth has gone backwards.
Speaker 7: There we go.
Speaker 1: That's it for outsiders this week.
Speaker 2: We'll see you all during the week, plus of course world. According to Rowan Dean Friday at seven, then you've got James at eight and Recha at nine. Fridays, A great night, and we'll see you next Sunday. For Outsiders