Speaker 1: On scoring leaves Australia. This is the Wider Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panety Show. Coming up tonight. Do the Liberals need to be a broad church or should they embrace the culture wars. Adam Crichton will be here to cover the day's top headlines, including the dangers of premature celebration. We've got footage of the Teals in Goldstein celebrating heart before reality set in. I'll speak to Rachel Wong about the behavior of some AEC staff threatening to call the police on a candidate talking about her late term abortion policy. The wonderful Matilga Sagon has the latest from the US and the equally eloquent Ralph Sholhammer. We'll explain a new threat to democracy in Germany with efforts to ban the right wing AfD Party and lefties losing it. Shows democrats love illegal immigrants so much that they an't care if they are murdered by one.
Speaker 3: If I get murdered by an undocumented immigrant, please tell my children I did not care that they were undocumented.
Speaker 2: But first, the seat of Goldstein in Victoria has been returned to the Liberals after Zoe Daniel claimed it for the Tills in the twenty twenty two election, with Tim Wilson becoming the first MP to reclaim a Till seat. Now, Zoey Daniel is being widely mocked online for indulging in premature celebrations on the weekend, claiming a seat that was no longer.
Speaker 4: Hers right.
Speaker 2: Being Goldstein.
Speaker 1: Hope Winds.
Speaker 5: The Liberal Party threw everything out us guys, and we are standing here to celebrate it.
Speaker 2: Naane response to her loss, though Daniel remains stoic, some might say, remains in denial, writing on Instagram that while the media has called the result in Goldstein, I will wait for further counting out of respect for my scrutinyars and the democratic process. Joining me now for more on this is senior fellow and chief Economists at the IPA, Adam crist And Adam. If she wasn't such a uniquely terrible MP, and she's my local MP, I may have a little sympathy here, but you never go the early crow amateur mistake now.
Speaker 6: Book, I think the mockery was very justified. It's so embarrassing. I mean, on a human level, I do feel sorry for her a little bit but it shocks me that amongst all those supporters and staff, all the political stuff, someone didn't say, hang on, a second's kind of close, and there's a lot of prepole of voting still to be counted. The same with Kuong, same thing they celebrated as well, and you know, Ryan may lose that seat too. But I think the broader point here is why do we still.
Speaker 4: Not know who's won on a Wednesday night.
Speaker 6: Surely the AEC can hire a funeral people to count these votes.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know this isn't India.
Speaker 6: You know these aren't tens or hundreds or millions of votes. They should be counted in India have actually count them very well. Yeah, so I kind of don't understand while we're waiting so long, because this changes the whole political narrative. Of course, if we had have known on Saturday night or even Sunday that these two seats were close to these two till seats, I think it would have changed the narrative for the Liberal Party, which of course is a very bad narrative.
Speaker 4: They've been flow.
Speaker 2: But if we have a landslide regardless, but perhaps a just a slightly less.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I just said that we should no sooner and surely it wouldn't cost the AEC too much.
Speaker 4: More More, I think.
Speaker 2: You've got to take into account mail in ballots, and if they're waiting for Australia Post to deliver mail that was perhaps posted Friday, then I think that one can understand that the number of people who are voting early these days, it's all is, it's a lot. It used to be something that you would just do if for some real reason you couldn't vote on Saturday. But that brings me to an important point being told that members of the Jewish community, particularly the more devout members who observe Sabbath, they don't vote on Saturday. They do tend to be overrepresented in the mailing votes early votes, and perhaps this is part of the reason why we are seeing this swing that got Tim Wilson over the line and may still get merely a Hamer over the line in q On.
Speaker 4: There's also preferences too.
Speaker 6: I think the big point for this election is that preferences really matter now more than ever.
Speaker 4: I mean, of course it was a huge win.
Speaker 6: For Labor, but actually their primary vote was lower than what Julia Gillard got in twenty ten when she just scraped in. So I'm just talking about first preference votes. So it's all about preferences. Now, preferences really matter. I think going forward, people need to understand that what they do on their head a vote card really matters.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Now to the so called more it libs or the bedwetters as they're also known, well, they've lost their collective minds about the so called Trump factor. In the election, news dot com dot aus reporting that in the final days of the election, Peter Dutton's inner circle was blaming Donald Trump for the coalition's looming collapse. A senior Liberal MP told the site, Honestly, easily, the single biggest factor is Trump, Adam, that sounds like a rather convenient excuse. It's almost like labor blaming Russia for high energy costs. Locally, Peter Dutton lost because he was weak, had weak policies. No one could remember the policies, no one really understood what they were had they differentiated from labor. He was about as Trumpian as Adam Batt.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Look, I have to completely agree with you there.
Speaker 6: I think Trump was a factor in the election, and it certainly hurt the coalition factor.
Speaker 4: Robert Media yeah, yes, he.
Speaker 6: Has certainly been factor with the media. You know, Trump is not popular here. We can have to recognize that, and that's due to the media, I would say, but it certainly doesn't explain the scale of this loss, which is absolutely historic. And I think it's largely down to the leadership. The leader, Peter Duttan, as much as I like him personally, was just not an appealing character for a large sway of Australian society and I think that was hard. It was just to change. And then the policies, as you say, were also terrible. I mean, for me, the two that really stuck out was trying to fix a permanent cost of living crisis with two temporary policies.
Speaker 4: The fuel excise cut only last twelve months.
Speaker 6: After twelve months goes back up again, and the twelve hundred dollars cash rebate.
Speaker 4: That just felt like a handout, which it.
Speaker 2: Was, which it was. As a Senator alex Antiks Thatt on Outsiders on Sunday, some of the policies look like mobile phone contracts where you get something for twelve months and then it's taken away. I mean, really, that's not how you fix the country. You mentioned that Donald Trump is not popular in this country and the media is to blame. We're are going to get to the infighting within the Libs and the leadership battle, but first I just want to play this utterly unhinged, ill informed rant on Trump in the Australian media. This is an example of what people on FM radio are hearing. This is just so asinine. This is Gold FM heard on multiple markets including Sydney and Melbourne.
Speaker 7: Do I read something yesterday that said, that's a thing that said Trump officially has entered the psychotic emperor phase. He's not coming back the Pope image?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 7: That was the line? He's crossed it and he's just kept walking. He's not trolling anymore. This is clinical delusion. The tariffs on movies, reopening Alcatraz, so these aren't policies.
Speaker 4: This is a man.
Speaker 2: Wants to reopen Alcatraz as a federal prison.
Speaker 4: Right Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: So and he said they say here, look, this is what the same thing went on to say. Margat is clapping along like it's a church revival. No one is driving the bus anymore.
Speaker 2: Jonesy and Amanda sounds like radio for people with room temperature IQ. The pope, which is what's center over the edge. It was a joke. I mean they seriously think Noald Trump wants to be the next pope. I mean I think it sounds like that's what they believe. But what's your reaction? Because it's not isolated. You do hear commentary on US politics in this country that is so comically ill informed that you dismiss it. But then people who aren't that much into politics hear that and believe it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, I think the Australian liberal media here or left wing media here, they read the US leftic media and then they filter it once again with the left wing slants, and by the time it gets to Australians it's just completely unhinged.
Speaker 4: And I think this is a classic example of that.
Speaker 6: It's just regurgitating the standard bland slogans and sound.
Speaker 2: We'll even get on as ABC that is so undt that the ladies of the view would make maybe born Also.
Speaker 6: It's just ridiculous because if these people deeply care about Christianity, I mean, they're just making up the fact that they feel offended from the pope em engine.
Speaker 2: I don't think like listening to that, she seemed to think it was some sort of a line that was cross and it wasn't actually offensive because it was a bad joke that I think she seems to think he wants to be No.
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 6: Look, Trump's the first president where we've had it really so and he's decided to use it in an amusing way. It never used to exist, but it's a new thing, and he's obviously a funny It's funny.
Speaker 4: I mean I find it funny.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't it's funny?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's hard not to find it funny. I think, clearly not trying to be pope. No.
Speaker 2: And if you want to find things to be genuinely aghast about, I'm sure you can find them if it'd be bothered reading for five minutes, but picking things like that. And then they had the most absurd discussion about this new tariff on films that are made outside of the US, again not realizing that every argument that we're making is precisely the reason why he's introducing this tariff, because it's an America first policy. It's not supposed to help Australia, it's not supposed to help Canada. It's supposed to help American filmmaking. Let's get back to the wets in the Liberal Party pushing for a more moderate leadership ticket, which would include Susan Lay as leader and Ted O'Brien as shadow treasurer. Adam there are accusations flying all over the place about who is white, anting who, and there are certainly fingers being pointed at Susan Lay. She's been accused of consistently undermining the leader and the party.
Speaker 6: Well look, I don't know the internals of the Liberal Party, of the factions and all that sort of squabbling, but the accusation that it was a far right.
Speaker 4: Campaign is kind of absurd. I don't see how they could they could possibly become more moderate. I mean, if you just look at the fiscal outlooks.
Speaker 6: I mean, the coalition released their own fiscal outlook just a few days before the election, and it was exactly the same, if not worse than Labors in terms of debt and deficit.
Speaker 4: So you know, it was basically a labor like campaign, you know.
Speaker 6: So the argument that, oh, gosh, they were too far right is just complete nonsense. I think, you know, if they lost, because you know, I mean, if you want to say it was the policy platform that lost in the election. It was because they were too much like labor, not the other way around. So I think that's a lesson that has to be learned.
Speaker 2: This is the lesson that is never learned though, whenever the Liberals do go moderate and they become labor light there less and they lose invariably when they do that, the lesson is, oh, we need to go more left. We were too scary and right wing and too wrapped up in the culture wars. And we've seen that in Victoria, we've seen it in WA and I do fear it's going to happen federally because they always listen to the worst advice imaginable.
Speaker 6: But I mean, obviously, whoever becomes leader, I mean it's basically who wants to lose the next election kind of thing.
Speaker 4: It's a hospital class, isn't it.
Speaker 8: Really.
Speaker 4: It's so I do sympathize with.
Speaker 6: You know, some of the rumors are that certain people aren't going to run, and that's probably why.
Speaker 2: But it's going to be a long and hard rebuild. So you do need to make this next decision right. You can't just write off the next couple of years. You need to start the work now, and that's where they faulted. And that's what we've been saying on this program all year. They just haven't done the work to be ready for this election. Before you go, there's already power plays happening within the newly re elected Labor government. The powerful environmental wing of the party is pushing the Prime Minister to adopt eight seventy plus percent emission reduction target by twenty thirty five, and they also want to pass the so called Nature Positive laws within a year. Adam, this would be disastrous for the nation on so many different fronts. The Nature Positive proposal just in itself would frustrate just a add every major development, from mining projects to large scale building developments, hospitals, newer states, everything.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, we really have to hope that sensible voices in the Labor Party prevail on these issues. It's certainly a much expanded party room. I don't know whether the new Labor MPs are more kind of centrist or left. I'm still I'm still yet to read analysis on that. Hopefully more centrists and they want to keep their seats the next election, and so that actually could be a.
Speaker 4: Moderator force on the Labor Party.
Speaker 6: All of these new MPs there will be in seats that could change back next time. They won't want to do anything too extreme. I think that's a good thing, but.
Speaker 2: That sounds like wish for thinking.
Speaker 4: Well, but just ontin thermissions.
Speaker 6: Very briefly, look, I mean if they legislate seventy it's not going to happen anyway.
Speaker 4: The forty three is not going to happen. They've actually only already will.
Speaker 2: Back up the country trying to get there. That's the fear. Of course, it's not going to happen. But how much that's true.
Speaker 4: They will do it a lot as a long the way that is.
Speaker 2: True, Adam christ And thanks for your time. Thanks Joining me now is Women's Forum Australian CEO Rachel Wong. Rachel, let's start reports that Labor and the Greens in New South Wales are rushing through legislation introduced by Greens MLC doctor Amanda Cone to expand access to abortion in New South Wales. A rally protesting the move was held earlier this evening. What do you make of this bill and the push to get it through the New South Wales Parliament within the next week or so. Why is there such a need for this urgency.
Speaker 10: There is no genuine need or level of urgency whatsoever. This is not a necessary.
Speaker 1: Piece of legislation. Quite the opposite. We already have abortion for.
Speaker 10: Any stage, for any reason in New South Wales, and I'm quite frankly, really confused as to why the New South Wales Labor government finds it necessary to align with the Greens and support the Greens on such a radical piece of legislation.
Speaker 2: Well, what will be the changes if this goes through? If their abortion is already available at every stage of pregnancy and readily available, what is this legislation going to do?
Speaker 10: So, the big thing that this bill will do is make doctors and hospitals who are opposed to abortion for medical, ethical or religious reasons, it will force them to violate their conscience and be involved in ensuring abortion in New South Wales, ensuring access to abortion, and so that aspect of the bill has been talked about quite a lot. The free of conscience issue, which is a big one because obviously freedom is a very different right for Australians and we shouldn't be forced to do things that we believer are morally or ethically wrong. Another aspect of the bill that hasn't been talked about quite so much is the way that it will put women at grave risk. So at the moment in New South Wales, medical abortions can be performed, but they need to be performed by a doctor. This bill will expand the legislation to allow nurses and midwives and other unnamed health practitioners to perform medical abortions. And the idea that Colin has is that this will allow women in regional and rural areas to have better access. But the reality is these women that Colin wants to help are the women who are going to be most at risk from this legislation, because these are the women who have less access to medical support and help if they have adverse complications following a medical abortion. And as we saw come out of the US last week, the biggest study of medical abortion to date has shown that women more than one in ten women experience adverse reactions, serious adverse events, including life threatening events, following medical abortion, and this just has not been something that's communicated to women the way it should be in terms of the rest involved, and expanding abortion in this way is extremely dangerous and responsible.
Speaker 2: Now Rachel. Worrying vision has emerged of Australian Electoral Commission officials instructing Family First candidate Ray Ramsey to stop promoting her anti late term abortion policy out of Victorian polling booth. They say that they had complaints that had three complaints. So one of the video shows, let's have a look at a couple of these interactions.
Speaker 9: You have had a number of complaints that you have been using disruptive rhetoric. Talking about killing babies was the one that came to me. I am just here to ask you to tone it down. If you do not and we continue to see received complaints, we're going to have you again. You've had at least three complaints.
Speaker 1: Did I talk about late JOm abortion, ma'am.
Speaker 9: I am not here to get into politics. I am just here to give you a warning.
Speaker 4: I'm not a candidate. I'm allowed to shame of policies.
Speaker 9: If we continue to get complaints, I will have to take further.
Speaker 1: Actually, that's all I'm saying to me. We will have to call the police.
Speaker 9: You're going to call the police on me if it's continuous keep.
Speaker 8: Mentioning my late chamb abortion polishish.
Speaker 1: If you can disrupt voters.
Speaker 4: Do you understand I understand what you're shamed, but I don't think you have that power.
Speaker 6: I definitely do just that point before now if I can please.
Speaker 1: Ask, can I shay that?
Speaker 5: What can I say our publishing else, every every other of you.
Speaker 2: I'm not allowed to mention abortion.
Speaker 11: Just for now.
Speaker 5: I've had some complaints and I just want to run it up the team.
Speaker 2: Okay, you wouldn't I thank you, Rachel. That's one of her policies. Is she not allowed to talk about it because two or three people have complained? Can I go and complain that I don't want Green's candidates talking to people because they're global warming scare mongering is upsetting the children a bit. It seems absurd that a candidate can be silenced in that.
Speaker 10: Way, Absolutely insane, reta and honestly quite terrifying for Australia. And as you point out, there is one hundred percent a double standard here. This is literally one of the bodies that has been tasked as safeguarding our democracy and to see them shutting down a candidate's freedom of speech during the federal election, I think is just absolutely atrocious and of course Australians are free to oppose her views and they're free not to vote for her, and they could have done that or not done that, as the case may be inside the polling booth. But you know, latein abortion, this is not a fringish. We had bombshow revelations coming out of South Australia last year in Queensland as well about how babies are being left to die after Latin abortions, to the degree that there was a bill put forward in South Australia which only lost by one vote, to protect babies born after twenty eight weeks. And there've been horrific stories by midwives who have you had to see babies being left to die after these abortions, and so this is this is a genuine, you know, policy that has obviously put forward in good faith to deal with a genuine issue that we're having in our society. And you know, it's just it's not acceptable for these Electoral Commission staffers to have shut this woman down. I think there needs to be an investigation and into this kind of thing happening during especially during elections, and you know, look that's saladsing clearly something that is reflective of a broader issue. In our culture and our institutions when it comes to censorship.
Speaker 2: And just before you go, Rachel, I want to play you this footage of Till mp ZO Daniel or former til MPZO and Daniel. You can add her to the long list of supposed women rights campaigners who can't tell you what a woman is.
Speaker 4: I think I've done a lot of stuff for women.
Speaker 12: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 5: And general equality was one of my central issues at the last campaign.
Speaker 4: What is a woman?
Speaker 13: Though?
Speaker 14: Can you define it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think anyway done it.
Speaker 2: They continue to treat it like it's a gotcha question. Rachel Wong, thank you so much for your time tonight. Thanks Mia still to come left he is losing it. Plus a bombshell story revealing how the FBI books it's investigation of the congressional baseball shooting downplaying the gunman's anti Trump motives. Batti Junga sa Gone joins me. Next, you're watching the Reader Panny Show and it's time for lefties are losing it and it's time to checking again on the Lunatic Asylum masquerading as a news network known as MSNBC, And let's listen to this hot take from Joe Scarborough.
Speaker 15: AOC may be more progressive than a lot of people. I also understand that she's one of the most articulate, exciting people in the democratic fields. He goes out with Bernie and yeah, she just draws so many People's very good, very effective in hearings.
Speaker 16: They need somebody young like AOC. And again it's not about ideology, you know.
Speaker 12: They she can carry the message forward for a Democratic party.
Speaker 16: That really needs to reach out the younger Americans.
Speaker 2: Yes, let's have a look at just how articulate and impressive IOC is prepared to be dazzled by her red genius even as a waitress. If any of you.
Speaker 8: All else have gotten gone like completely mad, like like whatever you know and like or whatever, like just like it's like like it's like this like like like what people are starting to see, at least in the occupation of Palestine.
Speaker 10: You use the term the occupation of Palestine.
Speaker 2: What did you mean by that?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: I think what I meant is like the settlements that are increasing in some of these areas, in places where or Palestinians are experiencing difficulty and access to their housing and homes.
Speaker 6: Do you think you can expand on that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I think i'd also just I am not the expert gio politics on this issue, you.
Speaker 2: Know, Oh dear, that's AOC over the years. She really is the future. Please make her the leader because I think she'll make Krmala look like a visionary. Now, Joe Scarborough has form for saying spectacular stupid things. It's a requirement of all the MSNBC anchors to say silly things or just lie to their audience. Remember when he said this not long before Joe Biden was forced to announce the end of his re election campaign.
Speaker 16: I've said it for years now.
Speaker 15: He's cogent, but I undersold him when I said he was cogent. He's far beyond cogent. In fact, I think he's better than he's ever been intellectually analytically, because he's been around.
Speaker 4: For fifty years.
Speaker 15: Start your tape right now, because I'm about to tell you the truth and FU if you can't handle the truth. This version of Biden intellectually analytically is the best Biden ever, not a close second.
Speaker 4: And I've known him for years.
Speaker 15: The Brazinskis have known him for fifty years. If it weren't the truth, I wouldn't say.
Speaker 2: It best, Biden. Evan f you if you can't handle the truth, dear, dear, Now, Joe Scarbrough was telling the dem witted MSNBC audience long after that that Kamala had it in the bag. She was going to beat Trump.
Speaker 16: When you start seeing numbers, real numbers, like what's going on in Georgia, suddenly you feel like telling Democrats that are bitching and moaning about what the Harris campaign's doing.
Speaker 12: Hey, calm down, you know what. Victory is in sight in less than three weeks. If you go out, work hard, and do your job.
Speaker 15: The opponent is imploding and Harris is doing better than ever.
Speaker 2: Victory is in sight. Sadly it wasn't. It was a landslide loss that was in sight. But you know what, we never got any apologies for those truths. But we did get an apology in recent days from MSNBC after they aired this bit of fake news.
Speaker 11: What do you make of that that he's just been a little less visible than I think a lot of people Trump observers expected he would be.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well, reportedly has been visible at nightclubs far more than he has been on the seventh floor of the Hoover Building.
Speaker 2: Oh really, it wasn't long before we got this correction.
Speaker 11: Circle back to a segment from Friday Show. Frankfort Gluesy was on that morning during this hour discussing the work of administration officials.
Speaker 1: At the end of that.
Speaker 11: Segment, for Glucy said the FBI director Cash Pttel has reportedly been more visible at nightclubs than at his office at FBI headquarters. This was a misstatement. We have not verified that claim.
Speaker 2: And here is another MSNBC favorite, this time appearing on another platform. This is Ellie miss stew And this lefty losing it loves illegal immigration so much he doesn't even care if an illegal immigrant kills him. He wants you to know that.
Speaker 3: Why do I care what their status was when they committed the crime, if you can prove they committed a crime. I say in the book, if I get shot, if I get murdered by an undocumented immigrant, please tell my children I did not care that they were undocumented.
Speaker 2: Right now, to New York Attorney General Letitia James, who was elected on a platform of getting Donald Trump, and he was facing serious investigations over alleged mortgage fraud. Well, she's on the war path.
Speaker 14: You want me to sit in my seat and stand idly by and allow this craziness to happen. You could come after me if you want, But you elected me to stand up.
Speaker 2: You elected me to.
Speaker 7: Use the law.
Speaker 2: You elected me to go to court.
Speaker 17: You elected me.
Speaker 14: To continue to challenge this administration. You elected me to stand up for the least of God's children. You elected me to continue fighting on Wow.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is journalist and author Batia Ungasagan Battia Letitia James. She's facing a serious investigation, but she's at the moment leading a coalition of twenty states ensuing the Trump administration over its cuts to the Department of Health and Human Services.
Speaker 17: It's so amazing how the defenders of democrat see you know, trademark, you know, are always out here accusing Trump of not believing in you know, the three branches of government and not believing in our democracy, when it is they who believe that the executive should effectively have zero power. I mean, what law has he broken by suggesting that he wants to limit the staff of the federal government. The whole thing is ridiculous, and it just shows once again how the Democrats have no platform. They have no agenda. It is all just performance art, and in let Teacha James's case, she's obviously trying to distract from the fact that she got caught out doing the exact crimes that she pretended Donald Trump was doing when she went after him. He was not actually committing any crimes. But she has been accused very credibly of mortgage fraud, as you say, and so you know, performance art distraction. This is the name of the game when it comes to the Democrats today. That's really all they have at this point.
Speaker 2: The law fed that we're using it before the election campaign, and since the landslide victory, it seems to be all they have is just trying to obstruct Trump through the courts, going to the most activist judges they can find to try to frustrate the agenda. Is it working though, Is it causing this chaos that is frustrating the Trump administration?
Speaker 17: I don't think it's working at all, Rita. And the reason I say that is because most of their efforts with the law have been around the issue of immigration. That's the one area where Donald Trump's numbers are still very, very good. The American people are with him on immigration. He is winning on that issue, despite the fact that the Democrats have gone overboard trying to protect all of these gang bangers that Trump is so eager to get out of the country.
Speaker 2: This is a bombshell story. Let's look at the New York Post report on this. The FBI botched its investigation of the twenty seventeen congressional baseball shooting, downplaying the government's anti GOP the anti Republican motives. Despite having handwritten evidence, they wrongly claimed that it was a suicide by copp attack. This is the findings of a report by the House Judiciary Committee, the Intelligence Committee, and Intelligence Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigation. They come through around three three thousand case file documents on this attack that wounded six people, including the current House Majority Leader Steve Scalese, who was very lucky to survive that shooting. Let's hear from him.
Speaker 18: They ultimately let us know what their conclusion was, and that's when they said it was class his suicide by cop And I'll tell you I was offended. I think all of us there were highly offended that that was the conclusion that the FBI in twenty seventeen came to because it wasn't what happened on the baseball field. He went there with the intention of killing all of us on the baseball field, and he had a list in his pocket of other Republicans he wanted to kill. It was very politically motivated and it was clear they suppressed a lot of facts and what the FBI report that cash Ptel's FBI came out with today shows they suppressed factual evidence to reach a different conclusion.
Speaker 2: Patilla, this is just a shocking, shocking example of why the FBI needs reform, why has become so mistrusted by huge segments of the community. This man went there to kill Republicans.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know, it's so funny because there there's this canard in the United States that's promulgated by the left that political violence is something that happens on the right. And the reason that they are able to get away with this lie is because it is the right that is heavily armed in America. But the vast majority of the political violence in this country comes from the political left, the vast majority, and this is a perfect example of that. To where the FBI itself was engaged in this alleged cover up of left wing anti conservative political violence because it doesn't fit the narrative that they have been pushing to smear Republicans and smear Conservatives as being violent when these are people who own a lot of guns and never ever use them in a political manner.
Speaker 2: Well, the examples of left wing violence in America just in recent years are enormous. We saw those BLM riots that destroyed neighborhood cities, around two billion dollars worth of damage, around twenty people killed, dozens more seriously injured. We have they heard had any condemnation of that, and yet the Democrats went on about the January sixth riots for five years. It's all we've been hearing about since it occurred. The Antifa riots. Right now, we're seeing Tesla dealerships and individuals who are in Tesla's having their property vandalize. The examples of us not to mention the campus protests, and let's talk about the campus protests, because there's been some consequences to that. Columbia University is going to have to cut around one hundred and eighty staff members because the Trump administration has announced it's canceling four hundred million dollars in federal funding. The Columbia University announced these cuts overnight. The Ivy League school was targeted for these cuts because of its failure to protect Jewish students from anti Semitic harassment. I'm having a trouble feeling sorry for Columbia here.
Speaker 17: Yeah, that's absolutely right. The things that the Trump administration is asking from these universities are things that they already owe their students in exchange for federal funding. We have civil rights laws that they are expected to follow, which they really failed to do in the case of Jewish students. I'm not one who felt that Jewish students were actually unsafe. I don't like that language. I think it diminishes the power that we have in our community. I don't think they were physically unsafe. But what they worried or was they were discriminated against buy administration that treats all of its students one way and its Jewish students another way, and it expected them to just eat the harassment that they were facing. And that is discriminatory. And as a result, the Trump administration is withdrawn it's funding. It's such an amazing moment. I mean, you know, as a Jewish American to see the President standing up from my rights. It's a really, really wonderful thing that's happening. Unfortunately, many many Jews in America are on the left and are Democrats, about two thirds to three quarters of the community, and so they don't really recognize what a gift this is. That does not diminish the fact that the Trump administration is standing up for our community in a very unique and unprecedented way, and I am very grateful for it.
Speaker 2: Well, the Trump administration has stood up for the Jewish community in America in an unprecedented way, but also for the State of Israel that the support has given Israel during the first Trump administration and continues to get. And yet, as you mentioned there but here, the majority of Jewish Americans vote left, and they still did even after all the violence we saw on campuses or the left wing violence. The fact that Kamala Harris did not pick the best VP candidate, Shapiro because his Jewish you served in the IDEF, and she thought that was going to cause us some problems, despite the fact it was the governor of Pennsylvania, crucial swing state. I could go on, what is it going to take for the Jewish community to break that you'd call it a toxic relationship with the Democrats. The Democrats have got deep seated anti Semitic issues within the party.
Speaker 17: So I'm so glad you asked me that because I'm currently writing my third book on this exact topic, why Jews are Democrats and why the Left is turning on the Jews. The reason that Jewish Americans are overwhelmingly Democrat is the same reason any group in America is overwhelmingly Democrat, which is they A lot of American Jews have a college degree. So about thirty percent of Americans have a college degree. Sixty percent of American Jews have a college degree. So what you would expect from that college being the number one predictor for Democrat politics would be that the community would be twice as likely to vote for the Democrats. And that's exactly the numbers you see. However, this is all changing because my community, the Orthodox community, is a lot less beholden to the woke ideology in the universities. The ultra Orthodox community doesn't go to college at all and is much more likely to be conservative. Of course, we have conservative social values, and so you know, in thirty years and forty years, most American Jews will be Republicans just because the Orthodox have so many more children, and a lot of the non Orthodox marry out and their children are not Jewish at all. So the community is really rapidly changing.
Speaker 2: Right now, Let's get back to that law fare we were speaking about and attempts to obstruct the Trump Administration's policies. That Trump administration has had some good news this week with a Supreme Court yesterday siding with the with Trump in lifting a lower court order this is going to that was pausing the transgender military ban from taking effect. This means Trump's orders will proceed. Tell me about this decision and why this policy was introduced in the first place.
Speaker 17: This is one of those issues where the administration just has the support of eighty percent of Americans. I think there is a feeling that transgender individuals are on a lot of medications. There is the question of gender dysphoria, which is a mental illness, and many trans people that is how they describe what it means to be transgender. And these are just things that you don't necessarily want to have to be thinking about in a military context of heightened security, intense emotions, intense physicality. Men, I think very much are are trained to be protectors. If they're in a situation, a combat situation and their fellow soldier is a woman or looks like a woman and could be mistaken for a woman, you know, this is authorny situation. And I think right now the military is sort of re orienting itself under the guidance of Trump and Pete hegseth to be more traditional in its values and its approach and its esthetic and in terms of recruitment, giving men a feeling of pride and being protectors and being part of the military. So I think that the Trump administration politically is on very solid ground. This is not like saying you can't be gay in the military. It's very different because it's a very There's this feeling among the Democrats the left they think of LGBT as one thing, but normal people, like regular middle class, working class people, they really don't see it that way. They see gay as, you know, being totally consistent with all their other conservative values. They know gay people, they go to church with gay people, and they see trands in a very different light, especially when it comes to things like transgender people in women's sports or in women's bathrooms or talking to their children or in the military.
Speaker 2: There is and there is a separation happening within that community. Some would like it to be a more profound separation, but certainly there are plenty of people who are the LGBs end of the spectrum who have no time for the rest of the letters and their activism. Buttel Gasagon, thank you so much for your time tonight. Thank you, Rita god Brush still to come. A threat to democracy in Germany amid efforts to ban the right wing AfD party. Ralph Solhammer has the details welcome back. Now we hear about threats to democracy, Well, here is a real example the growing efforts in Germany to ban the AfD party. The Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution, a German intelligence agency, has released a statement saying that following an investigation, they now classify the AfD as a confirmed right wing extremist endeavor and a racist and anti Muslim organization. The Germans by agency claims central to our assessment is the ethnically and ancestrally defined concept of the people that shapes the AfD, which devalues entire segments of the population in Germany. And via relates their human dignity. It aims to exclude certain population groups from equal participation in society, subject them to unconstitutional discrimination, and thus assign them a legally devalued status. Joining me now is lecturer, commentator, podcaster, the head of the Center of History at the Matthias Corvinus College in Budapest, Ralph Scholhammer, Ralph. That sounds like a very politically charged description. They're not something you would expect from an intelligence agency. What is your response to those claims from the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution.
Speaker 1: What I think the most remarking remarkable thing is that all of this is based on a one thousand page report that they refuse to publish. So you have this odd situation. Imagine yourself being a member of the AfD or the head of the AfD, and somebody comes to you and says, we now have the legal rights to spy on you, to cut funding to why atape your communications? And you say, but based on which grounds? And then they say, unfortunately, we cannot tell you because that is not for public knowledge. It's a very odd that would say, an almost studinesque approach, and it shows you as We have discussed in your show many times that very often those who constantly talk about threats to democracy are themselves the greatest threat to democracy. It's a very serious case of projection.
Speaker 13: I would say, oh, absolutely, what are the grounds they've given, What explanations are there for keeping this eleven hundred page intelligence report secret.
Speaker 2: Surely the public is entitled to know why they've come up with this assessment that the AfD is an extremist organization.
Speaker 1: Well, the problem is that in order to band the AfD, which is where they want to go, you would have to prove that the AfD in fact wants to overthrow the democratic system in Germany. Unfortunately for them and fortunately for the supports of the AfD, there is no indication that these are the plans of the AfD, like there are no statements, there is nothing in the party plan. You can say they are far right, extreme right, ultra megamaga rite, whatever the term is. But all of this is permitted under the constitution. The problem would only be if they would say, we want to change the democratic system in Germany and create the dictatorship, but in a re erect a fascist state, whatever it is. But they don't so what they come up with is, and you already alluded to this in your introduction, is that they define Germany or being German as an ethnic concept. Well, that's not entirely new, and you see this all around the world. But the argument of the AfD has been that being German, just like being Australian, is more than having a German or Australian or Austrian or you name it, passport right. They believe that loyalty, commitment, cultural integration is a long term process. You might disagree with this approach. You might agree with this approach, but it's definitely not illegal, and it's definitely not the constitutional. And the other thing is which I find quite odd given the events, and we also have discussed in a show in the past what happened in Germany over the last couple of years, of what happened in Europe over the last couple of years. To be critical of mass migration from Muslim countries, that's a majority opinion, and I think there are very good grounds to be critical of it, because the social cohesion trust in society, the burden on the social systems, on schools, on educational systems due to that kind of migration has been enormous and this is what the AfD is against. Again, you can share the view, you can disagree with the view, but all of it is within the constitutional bounce.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I mean, this is the top issue in Europe, arguably, the mass migration that's changed the face of so many places across the continent. And if the people can't have a say on whether they support this mass migration, whether they want to see more of it, then really, what is the point of the democratic process right now? What is the day's support in Germany? They certainly did well at the recent elections. Are they amongst the most popular parties?
Speaker 1: Well, according to the most recent tolls we have, they are the most popular party. I mean they currently come in the polls at around twenty six twenty seven percent, about three percentage points ahead of the Conservative Party. Maybe we have time to talk a little bit about Freedich metsis the future chancellor's massive disaster yesterday in German Parliament where he could not secure a majority to become chancellor in the first round of voting, something that has never happened in the history of Germany since nineteen forty five. And what we can see here and that's a trend, and not just in Germany. We see it in France, we saw it in Romania, we see it in the UK. We saw it with Donald Trump before his election November of twenty twenty four. There is an attempt to weaponize the legal system, the judicial system, anything at the disposal of the status coaldes to prevent alternatives to come to power by legal means. And this is a real problem because my big issues always want, which is that if you prevent people to vote in alternatives. It's kind of funny that the German name is the alternative and for Germany, but it doesn't matter if it's Trump, Lupen Faraj, you name it, because at some point people say, if the system does not allow me to affect change within the system, then we need a new system. So again, as I said before, those who pretend to protect democracy have become its biggest threats because people are increasingly frustrated and there is nothing more dangerous to democracy than if a growing number of people feels that the vote makes no difference. And this is the direction which we're going.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned some examples there, from North America to Romania, France and Germany, what is next for Germany? What is their government going to look like? And what are the chances that the most popular party is going to be labeled an extremist organization. I guess next step is that may be excluded from the democratic process. They may not be allowed to run in elections, and we've seen candidates be excluded in countries like Romania.
Speaker 1: Well. Lenin once said that if the Germans want to storm a train station, the first buy a ticket. And what he wants to say about what he meant by this is that the Germans are not pre sae revolutionary people, right, and this has been a strength of them. They are usually they play by the rules, but if they get angry and if they explode, as we know historical clear right, it can get very very nasty. And we sometimes underestimate how quickly societies can be pushed to the brink. I'm sure that maybe some of your viewers and listeners are familiar with David Beatts is a British strategist at King's College, and he makes this claim that many European societies are probably much closer to the brink of civil undrest and civil war than we realize. And I think this is true. For now. People are still holding back because a crucial number still believe that their votes does in fact make a difference, that the democratic process is in fact working. But Germany is a great example. If you try to outlaw the most popular party, you're basically disenfranchising almost one third of the people or one third of the voters that cannot just blow over. There's this odd idea within the traditional parties in Germany. They sincerely believe that, they say this in interviews, that if we band the AfD, all those voters are just come back to us. But they left you because they no longer trust you for good reasons, like mister Mertz, if you make promises, did you forget twenty minutes after the last polling station has closed? But people will not just come back to you. First, they will retreat from the political process. Then they will get angry, and if they don't have an alternative the voting booth, they will try to, let's say, voice their dissatisfaction in other ways. And yes, of course this could get violent at some point.
Speaker 2: Ralph Schulhammer, appreciate your insights, Thanks so much for your time tonight. That's it from May app next is news, not a see you at eleven tomorrow night.