Speaker 1: Live on Sky News Australia.
Speaker 2: This is to Nika Degeorgio, Hello and welcome to the show coming up tonight. The political elites and left wing media don't want you to have a debate on migration. Wait till you hear the attacks on Liberal MP Andrew Hasty. Plus what a strange country we live in when even the Sex Discrimination Commissioner doesn't seem to understand the basic biology of the sexes. And less than forty eight hours after albow selfie with Donald Trump, the US President hits our pharmaceutical industry with a one hundred percent tariff. But first tonight, I fear we will never be able to have an adult conversation about migration in this country. The political elites and the left wing media don't want you to have this conversation. It does not fit with the left's narrative, no matter the costs to everyday Ozzie's and of course when you do raise it, you're tarnished as some sort of right wing nut job. Now, I was astonished at the sheer hypocrisy by tel Allegra Spende yesterday. She is the member for one of the most affluent electorates in this country. Wentworth in Sydney's Eastern suburbs, which has avoided the.
Speaker 3: Pressure of mass migration.
Speaker 2: Yet she claims, quote, the debate around immigration is being abused and weaponized. Australian citizens have always decided our immigration policy and for many years all sides of politics agreed on a non discriminatory policy shaped by our national interests rather than prejudice. Well, this is an absolute load of nonsense because nobody, nobody ever voted.
Speaker 3: For a big Australia. Yet here we are living in a big Australia.
Speaker 2: Multiculturalism and mass migration have in fact act being thrust upon us by both sides of politics, with no room for debate about the sort of country we want to become. The Till then went on to claim that disturbing echoes of the racist division of the past have crept into the political mainstream and there it is the r word racism. And this is exactly why the left don't want you to have this debate.
Speaker 3: They don't care about.
Speaker 2: Your concerns about mass migration in Australia. They care more about the people we are bringing in on a daily basis.
Speaker 3: The biggest threat.
Speaker 2: To this country is the elites and powerful voices who want to downplay our values and way of life under the guise of healthy and sustainable multiculturalism. In fact, politicians across the divide have quite literally killed off the Great Australian dream through reckless policies like immigration and net zero, while retreating from debate out of fear of being tortured with the R word. So thank goodness for Liberal MP Andrew Hasty. In a social media post this week called the Real Reason you can't afford the Home, He said, quote, we are starting to feel like strangers in our own home. Labor talk about a housing supply crisis, but this is a housing demand crisis driven by unsustainable immigration.
Speaker 3: It's that simple. Yet a legraspender.
Speaker 2: Demonized him, likening him to a British white supremacist in of.
Speaker 4: Powell, who was a white supremacist in Britain in his famous Rivers of Blood speech, used the expression you know, we're starting to you know, where that people were made strangers in their own country. And this language from Andrew Hasty certainly reflects, either intentionally or unintentionally, some of the language of that very famous speech.
Speaker 2: Now, these are not far right views, nor are they extreme views.
Speaker 3: In fact, the same expression was.
Speaker 2: Used recently by UK Prime Minister Kirstamer, one of the wokest, most left wing politicians of our time.
Speaker 1: Now in a diverse nation like ours, and I celebrate that these rules become even more important. Without them, we risk becoming an island of strangers, not a nation that walks forward together.
Speaker 2: The reality is Andrew Hasty is not wrong, and good on him for having the courage and conviction to say it like it is.
Speaker 3: Allegra loves migration because it doesn't apply to her.
Speaker 2: According to the twenty twenty one census, of the one hundred and forty six thousand residents in the electorate of Wentworth, almost fifty eight percent of the electorate was born in Australia, followed by England on seven point three percent and South Africa at three point nine percent. Hardly an example of diversity when you compare it to say Blaxland in the southwest of Sydney. Of the more than one hundred and eighty eight thousand residents there, forty three percent are born in Australia, eight percent in Vietnam, six point six percent in China and six percent in Lebanon, While Blaxland has the.
Speaker 3: Biggest Arabic speaking.
Speaker 2: Community in Australia, so the Champagne teal in Wentworth has a clear majority of Australian born citizens, therefore lacking in the need for infrastructure and housing to keep up with the demand of mass migration. I mean, how would Allegra feel about migrants being parachuted into the million dollar homes and high rise towers in her electric Perhaps Oh, wait, poor migrants can't afford it, and gee, the West could surely do with some reprieve. Almost three out of four people in Western Sydney want less migration to help free up more housing. Now we know more than one point one million migrants have come into this country since Labour was elected. In fact, March this year saw massive immigration numbers. Net overseas migration was one hundred and ten thousand, well above recent averages. And the issues that Andrew Hasty is talking about are everyday issues, worrying everyday people, especially in the middle of a cost of living crisis. It's not racist to have a conversation about mass migration when our housing and infrastructure is under pressure. It's not racist to have the conversation when every day Aussies are locked out of the housing market. It's not racist to have the conversation when the face of Australia has changed and our social cohesion is buckling.
Speaker 3: And look, the Public Broadcaster was just as bad.
Speaker 2: Their headlined today Andrew Hasty taunted overclaim that higher immigration is making Australians strangers.
Speaker 3: In our own home.
Speaker 2: Over at The Guardian, they went with future Liberal leader or party disruptor Andrew Hasty and the rise of the Maga right, claiming that the wamp offers a divisive brand of politics.
Speaker 3: This is nothing more than a political attack on.
Speaker 2: Andrew Hasty, and all because he dared to challenge the left's narrative. The Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke professed modern Australia must be strange to a Liberal party that stubbornly refuses to enter the twenty first century, or what exactly does the twenty first century look like for labor Because the current twenty first century Australia is anti Israel protests week in week out, flags of terror groups being waved in the streets, synagogues fire bombed and the Aussie flag set alight and the one time Australia fights back at the recent marches for Australia.
Speaker 3: Every day Aussie is a labeled racist.
Speaker 2: Perhaps if they'd rocked up to the march with a portrait of the Ayatola of Iran and enchanted death to the IDF, perhaps the Left would have had a more favorable and understanding position. But look alegra Spender can of course wipe her hands of the cultural tension that sometimes comes from mass migration because.
Speaker 3: It does not directly apply to her electorate.
Speaker 2: Andrew Hasty went on to say the Liberal Party will be in exile for a long time until we act in the interests of Australian people. That means getting immigration to a sustainable level. If we don't act, we can expect anger and frustration.
Speaker 3: We might even die as a political movement. So be it.
Speaker 2: What is the point of politics if you're not willing to fight for something? And this should be a vote winner for the Liberals. A resolved poll last week showed support for Pauline Hansen's One Nation has surged to a record high of twelve percent, particularly off the back of migration issues. The longer the Liberal Party equivocates on this, they risk ending up like the Conservative.
Speaker 3: Party in the UK.
Speaker 2: All but dead in the water and being toppled by Nigel Faraja's reform. Migration is a vote driving issue. Our values and way of life are worth protecting, and the sooner the elites and left wing media wake up to this the better. Now this week, the Prime Minister rewarded hermus and at the same time betrayed our values on the world stage when he went to the United Nations and recognized a Palestinian state. Johnny Mean out for more on this is the Shadow Attorney General, Julian Lisa, Julian, good.
Speaker 3: To catch up with you.
Speaker 2: We haven't yet spoken to you this week since this all unfolded in New York.
Speaker 3: So when I start.
Speaker 2: By asking you, how would you describe what the Prime Minister went and did on the world stage.
Speaker 5: I think this was an example Deniker of our shambalic foreign policy on display. You know, we have abandoned our venues and abandoned our friends by this decision. We're abandoning the only Western liberal democracy in the Middle East, the state of Israel. In doing this, we're abandoning our foreign policy traditions, which is that we don't recognize states until they're actually come into existence. We're abandoning a friend ally and security partner by at the very moment where the Hamas terrorist organization is still holding nearly fifty hostages to ransom in Gaza, while it is still controlling large parts of Gaza, that Hamas is being rewarded by the grant of statehood to the Palestinians. By what mister Albanezi has done, we've made it very clear that when we come to government, we will reverse this decision. And the reason that we'll reverse this decision is that you need to have if you're going to have a two state solution, and I support a two state solution. The recognition point comes at the end. It comes at a period after the hostages have been returned, after Hamas plays no further part in Gaza, after the Palestinian actors recognize Israel's fundamental right to exist, and after those important final status issues like borders in Jerusalem have been worked out. You don't do this now. All mister Albanezi was doing was getting pats on the back from other hard left leaders around the world. You know, the Labour Party used to talk about an independent foreign policy for Australia, but we're really having our foreign policy dictated to here by the left wing British government, the French, the Canadians, and by Labor party conferences that for fifty years have been having resolutions on this issue. Each year more and more anti Israel. So this is a sad time and it's a missed opportunity. You have to remember, Denika, Australia was attacked by the Iranian regime in at least two terrorist attacks that occurred on our shore. Why wasn't the Prime Minister at the United Nations proposing resolutions condemning the people of the Iranian regime. Why wasn't he there seeking support of like minded countries to bring the Iranian regime to justice for its sponsorship of terrorism abroad, its attacks on our country, and its human rights abuses at home. That's what an Australian Prime Minister should be doing at the United Nations at this time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I just think this wasn't just a betrayal again of Jewish Australians, but also a betrayal of all of our values.
Speaker 3: To go and do this on the world stage is quite frankly embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about this story exclusively revealed by my colleague Chris Kenny Last night, dozens of refugees from Gaza touchdown in Australia a week ago and were personally met by Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke at the airport Julian.
Speaker 3: This is astonishing. The Minister's had some sort of a private meet and greet with these people. Where is the transparency?
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's a good question, Denik. I think the Minister's got some serious questions to answer here. Why is he rolling out the red carpet to this particular group of people. Why is he failed to be transparent about it? And there's no publicity about this from him and no explanation from him as to why he's done this. And when you look at the government's shambolic record in relation to people coming out of the Gaza war zone or remember they first created a class of tourist visa for them to bring them from the Gaza war zone. There were real questions about the adequacy of the checks that were being made. Then they tried to create a special humanitarian class of visa for them. Apparently the minister was personally interviewing applicants. The whole handling of this seems to be not really about Australia's interest but about mister Burke's domestic political interests. And I think the government needs to come clean about what's really happening with the refugees that are being brought from the terrorist controlled Garza war zone.
Speaker 3: No, look, I completely agree. I mean why sweep it under the rug.
Speaker 2: You know there was no formal announcement, so that to me sends off alarm bells. We also know that Anthony Arberesi has bid for a seat on the UN Security Council, which will require him to commit hundreds of millions of dollars in new aid to Africa.
Speaker 3: Julian Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: Has very publicly questioned the role of this body. He quite frankly hates it. Should we be backing it in for a seat at the table?
Speaker 5: Well, the coalitions offered its support for it, and I think people should remember last time we were on the Security Council, it was something that Kevin Rudd had put forward, but we were in office at the time it actually took place, and we did things like put forward resolutions lead the world in relation to the condemnation of human rights abuses in North Korea and the downing by Russia. Of the Malaysian Airlines flight over Ukraine which so many Australians were murdered. So it can be a body where it is very important for Australia to have a voice at and we've been on the body from time to time. But we shouldn't be sacrificing our foreign policy traditions, or our values or our friends in order to get there.
Speaker 3: No, Look, I think you're absolutely right. I've got to ask you.
Speaker 2: Is Andrew Hasty a threat to the Liberal leadership of Susan Lee.
Speaker 5: Andrew Hasty is a fundamentally important part of our team, somebody who makes a wonderful contribution as the Shadow Home Affairs Minister, and he's somebody that I believe will continue to make a very important contribution to the team. Susan Lee is our leader. We all support the leader in the work that she is doing at this time.
Speaker 6: I we've in.
Speaker 5: Her own words, got smashed at the last couple of elections and we're in a period now where we're reflecting on where to go. We're looking at the policies that we took to the last election and we're going through a process now with debating about you know, where we should go in terms of policies for the future. As we've said many times, our values haven't changed, but our policies need to. And so this is just the process that we're going through at this time.
Speaker 2: Are you bothered by Andrew Hasty being very public on issues like migration and net zero?
Speaker 5: Look, I think this is a period of time where you want to have debates in political parties with different people having a range of different views, and we've set up processes to say those matters and those policies will be well and truly settled before the next election.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we look forward to it. Julian, Lisa, good to catch up with you. Thanks so much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: While we live in a very strange country where the sex Discrimination Commissioner seems to not understand the very basic biology of the sexes and A Cody does not stand up for women. In fact, she does not even know what a woman is. Now this week she spoke at the National Press Club, taking to the stage wearing a badge with her.
Speaker 3: Pronouns on it. She her and in.
Speaker 2: Case you're interested, so already as you can see there, it's all going very swimmingly.
Speaker 3: Now. She was asked about sex based rights.
Speaker 2: For women, and her answer was just as confusing as the assertion that men can be women.
Speaker 7: The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, so seed or is absolutely it's the Women's Convention, but in understanding as we have developed. It was signed back in nineteen seventy year nine, I believe, since it's been in force in Australia, it has also been interpreted by the committee that looks at the meaning and the understanding of each of the articles of the Convention. So that includes and its specifically said, it includes cultural, rationally marginalized women, It includes lesbians, It includes First Nations women, women with disability and trans women. So it absolutely includes all women, because that is who women are.
Speaker 6: We're not one version of women.
Speaker 2: Well where to even begin? We are not all one version of women. I mean, how many versions of women? Does she think that there is? Sex is immutable? There are two sexes, male and female. And look, that does not make me some sort of incredible genius saying that it is basic biology and basic fact. Trans women are not women, they are biological men. Fancy the sex discrimination can be not even knowing the very definition, and it's not the first time she's had some sort of fantasy about what a woman is. In the case of Giggle versus Tickle, where biological man Roxane Tickle argued he had injured feelings after being booted out of a female only app by founder Sal Grover, Council for the Commissioner Celia Winnett argued that the word woman in the Sex Discrimination Act included trans women. Now, being an activist for the trans community while being the Sex Discrimination Commissioner, while failing to promote a biological definition of sex based rights, makes you a total failure at your job and a Cody, in my view, is not up to the job if she cannot fulfill her very function of protecting women. Joining me now is Giggle founder Sal Grover so good to catch up with you. How many different versions of women are there? I mean the Sex Discrimination Commissioner named several.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, can I just say like brilliant, intrue like with you one she listed women and men. I mean, you can add anything in front of women as an adjective. We're still all just women. The moment you add trans in front of the word woman, you are talking about men. This is the problem with gender ideology is that they think that you know, we that we will picture a woman if they just say the word woman. And in some cases that's happened that they're right about that. So that's where they push it so hard. And that's why us on the other side pushed so hard that they're just men, like you, men can't be women. It's just as simple as that, like you, just as you said in your introduction, like they're just men. And so to sit there and compare First Nations women to men, it's actually incredibly insulting, Like does she actually realize what she's saying there?
Speaker 2: I just don't even think she does, and explain the background to us because she was asked at National Press Club about the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women.
Speaker 3: What does it say and how.
Speaker 2: Does it actually relate to the issues at hand here when it comes to protecting women's spaces and rights.
Speaker 6: So the woman who asked her the question, Migihour, asked her a brilliant question, and it was basically about anacoding not meeting with women's interest groups that do advocate for single sex spaces and how this fits in with her obligations to seed Or. So the background on this it's complicated and simple at the same time. Basically, Australia has a Sex Discrimination Act because we became a signatory to Seedor, which is the Convention of the Elimination Discrimination against Women. It's a UN convention. It was created in nineteen seventy nine, We signed it in nineteen eighty three, put it in like enacted it in our law in nineteen eighty four. Now, in nineteen eighty four, there was nothing about men being women. They never thought to mention it because of course they didn't. Who would. Cut to twenty thirteen when Julia Gillard's did amendments to put gender identity into the Act. Now in those amendments they never mentioned trans women. Once again, they're not mentioned. It's just gender identity is mentioned. Then cut to more recent times when Anna Cody has intervened ingogo Vy Tickle on the side of Tickle saying that men who claim for women are women, they should have access to women only spaces, and she's relying on Seedor for this. The problem is SIDOR is a UN convention. It has one hundred and eighty nine signatories. For any changes to it, all one hundred and eighty nine signatories have to agree it has never happened. Men are not considered women under SEED or it is an utter lie to say that they are. There is one tiny sentence in one accompanying document that says and other status, and they are relying on that other status to be trans women slash men who claim to be women. If seed or intended men to be who claimed for women to be considered women in international law, they would have said it. They've had every opportunity to. They never once have. So at best, she is misleading the Parliament, the courts and the media on this specific issue. She's relying on Seedort. She is wrong about it. I'm also relying on seedort and part of my case because it hasn't happened where we are in breach of seedawt in Australian law, if we are including men as women. And as you said, she's not fit to be the Sex Discrimination Commission. It's why I think she should resign, not just because she doesn't know what sex is, because she is misleading three different institutions on what the convention that her actualies on says.
Speaker 2: Look I think it's just extraordinary as well that the Sex Discrimination Commissioner doesn't know what the sexes are.
Speaker 3: But it's just a.
Speaker 2: Basic function really of the job. It's astounding. Now, look, I've got to ask you this because it's been revealed seven hundred and sixty six people in New South Wales have changed their sex on their birth certificate without gender affirmation surgery.
Speaker 3: This is of course under self by d laws.
Speaker 2: Since July one, sal of those four hundred and ninety six men have changed their sex to female.
Speaker 3: Because the problem is it's that easy.
Speaker 2: But the point of this is that all of these men can now enter female only spaces.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's a few things here. So first of all, Sitzan's Doe an absolutely amazing job in getting this information and so all credit to her for doing it. Second of all, so it is quite humorous aside from everything else, it's quite humorous that when these people go and change their birth certificate, the data on who does it is based on their biological sex. So it just goes to show there's absolutely no escaping biological sex. Then yes, to answer your question, yes, all of these men, So five hundred men in New South Wales can now access female in this spaceis to be honest, all of any man can because they can just claim it. The Sex Discrimination Commission, in my case, argue it didn't matter whether you have a certificate, whether you don't, nothing matters. They can just go in. It's just the claim that matters. But if they've actually legally changed it, they can do whatever they want. They have the upper hand. We have absolutely no right to say no to them as women if these men are in our spaces, and the only reason they would do it is to go into women's spaces. Because you don't need to change your birth certificate as a man, to wear a dress, to call yourself a woman, to wear makeup, to do anything you think a woman does. You can do all of that. We actually do live in a pretty liberal, free society where if that's what your expression is, have fun do it. But to go into a female only space, you're going to need the law. And so that's why they've done it, and that's why it's sinister and we're fighting back.
Speaker 2: I just think it's extraordinary we're here and this day and age, but yeah, we are, Sour Grover. Good to catch up with you, with you as always. Thank you so much for joining me on the show this evening for coming up after the break. Andrew Hasty pause cold water on speculation he's got his eyes.
Speaker 3: On Susan Lee's job. All that and more with my panel next welcome back.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is my panel in New South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahalik and former New South Wales Police Minister David elliott Ty.
Speaker 3: Do you both happy Friday? Let's speak in now.
Speaker 2: We're going to start with the Shadow Home Affairs Minister Andrew Hasty.
Speaker 3: He's been this week.
Speaker 2: Pouring cold water on any rumor that he's looking to take the top job from Susan Lee.
Speaker 5: Have a listen, look, I support Susan. Anyone who's speculating otherwise is being mischievous.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know about that. I mean, David, I spoke about this in my editorial tonight. He's full on, front and center about migration. He's been talking about net zero. The Liberals haven't put forward any policy ideas, but what do you think is at the right time?
Speaker 8: Listen, I mean, I'll put one in for the for the army mafia.
Speaker 3: This guy's an.
Speaker 8: Army officer and decorated. He's a man of his word. He is not campaigning or agitating to be the leader. However, if it's if it's if it's called upon him to take a leadership role, he will be the first one to step up. And there's a difference. I know in politics, everybody thinks that you're out to night your leader. He wouldn't be. But there is no doubt in my mind that he's making sure that people know that he's got the credentials to be the leader. I think that I think there is a growing number of people in conservative politics that want him there. He certainly captures a demographic that we've lost and he could certainly bring them back. But having said all of that, I mean, we all want Susan to succeed and you know, and I think I don't think it's a it's a bad thing for him to be out there saying this is what I believe. I'm in the Liberal Party, So in the tradition of the broad Church, people might come back to the party as a result of him being there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he's certainly, like I've heard talk back lines on two GB light up this week. Every time he speaks. The people out there are going he is great. What we need to get him in. But what do you think, Tanya, would it be appropriate right now or as David said, gives Susan le a go.
Speaker 9: I think they've given Susan a go and it hasn't worked. I don't think think the Liberal Party can afford to keep losing in the primaries as they are with Susan. There is a big shift happening in the Liberal Party and the problem they have is their voters are just leaving them. They're going to one nation, which is a huge problem. It's a huge problem for the Liberal Party when they're losing and bleeding to the right, and it has a ripple effect. It's affecting him at the state level, at local government level, and you only have to, as you say, quite rightly, listen to two GB go out there and listen to the punters. People are crying out for a new leader.
Speaker 3: In the Liberal Party.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry. Susan reminds me of the Jody MacKaye moment that the Labor Party had in New South Wales, Okay, and it was a big mistake for the Labor Party that it wasn't the right choice that actually went backwards when they had Jadie Mackay, and it's the same here with Susan lay. It is not the answer. They're just going to have to bite the bullet and negotiate an exit path for her. Now that may not be now, that may not be at the end of the year, but it's going to have to be in the next six months because they can't continue to lose ground as they have to the right. It is a huge problem. You've got tradees walking away from the Liberal Party, You've got men walking away, women have already left, and yell people down to eighteen percent votes for anyone under thirty. It's the Liver Party is a bad situation. And the question the Liver Party has to ask is can they continue to keep the status quo?
Speaker 3: Well they can't. Well, yeah they can't.
Speaker 2: But I don't know if it's the right time really for Andrew Hasty to put his hand up just well, I mean, was it the right.
Speaker 3: Time for Jamble? It's what about John Howard. He did it a couple of times.
Speaker 9: He took the reins and actually lost to Bob Hawky might recall then came back. I mean Tony Abbott had to take it a couple of times. Before he became Prime minister. That's what happens if you're a leader and you've got it in you and you can cut through, which I think Andrew Hasty can cut through to Look, I haven't come throughhaps I wouldn't want to stop him.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, look watch this space. I think he would make a terrific leader. And I really appli caught him, as I said earlier on the show, for having a stance to come out and be bold and be courageous on issues that people seem to be too scared to have a debate about light migration.
Speaker 3: But look, let's go to the US.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump has slugged our two billion dollar pharmaceutical sector with a one hundred percent tariff. That means any sort of our product sold in America from October one will have to cop the tax. David, you know he was out there having a selfie this week Albo with Donald Trump didn't quite work. Snub twice on the world stage. Apparently they've got a meeting next month. What have we got to offer America?
Speaker 8: Do you think we have failed our relationship with the United States? And this is this is proof. I mean, there is no way that George w Bush and John Howard would have seen this sort of decline in the relationship. And when you think about the tradition of one hundred and twenty five years on hundred and fifty years of engagement between Washington and Australia, it's very very sad. I think that, you know, Kevin Rudd has failed us as an ambassador. The commentary that was made, and this is a very good lesson for young politicians. Be careful who's asked you kick on the way up, because there'll be the one you kiss on the way down. And what happened with with with Kevin Rudd and with Anthony Abernezi, the stuff they said about Donald Trump when he was down is now resonating around the echoing around the walls of the Oval Office, and they're giggling at us. They are giggling at us. So if I was the Prime Minister, I'd be going to a conservative. I'd be saying, listen, can you go to Washington? Can you take over our relationship? Mea Kolpa. We were disrespectful to the Republican Party and now we've realized because this is going to cost lots of jobs in Australia, going to cost labour jobs.
Speaker 3: Yes it is.
Speaker 8: This is going to cost working man's, working working class jobs, and it is exactly the opposite that what I would have thought that a traditional labor government would have done, particularly Post Off with them.
Speaker 2: Well, they've trashed the relationship. Kevin Rudd does remain the elephant in the room. They're not going to put the pharmaceutical benefit scheme up as any sort of bargaining chip.
Speaker 3: We're not going to left our defense spending, so we're just going to keep getting slugged with tariffs.
Speaker 9: Well, and it doesn't seem to concern alban Esi in the slightest. She seems to be pretty relaxed about it.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be up.
Speaker 9: To industries like the Australian pharmaceutical industry now to really actually start putting the boot back into albow, because it's all these industries that are copying these tariffs that actually have to ask the question, is alban Easy actually looking out for the interests of Australian industries. Kevin Rudd?
Speaker 3: Is he the right.
Speaker 9: Ambassad Of course he isn't. This is a by the way, this has been brewing for about six seven months. We know the pharmaceutical tariff has been on the table for at least since March in an issue, and two billion dollars is no small amount that we make from exporting ninety percent, I think, to the American market. So these companies are going to have to probably manufacture some of their product in the US to keep this sort of product being sold in America. They're not going to let go of that, let goal of the industries that they have they're the export market. But David's right, it'll cost jobs in Australia because people lose their job here as a manufacturing goes.
Speaker 3: To the US, which is the saddest part out of all of this. Now, look, bware home owners.
Speaker 2: More than thirty experts and economists have agreed that the RBA will be holding the cash rate at three point six percent. This comes after inflation, of course, jumped in September from two point eight to three percent. Look, you know, not great news if you're a mortgage holder.
Speaker 3: But I just think it's it's.
Speaker 2: A broader issue, David, that we are still in the middle of a cost of living crisis under this government.
Speaker 8: We certainly are, But the problem for the government is that anybody out of the age of fifty remembers Paul keating sixteen percent interest rates. So there's a lot of pain to come if they don't get this right. And ironically, the inflation figures this week were driven by the cost of renewable energy. But I was told that we were going to get separately try to hang on, So I don't know how that happens. And I mean, it breaks my heart to think that there are Sydney working families that can't afford their mortgage. It really does. It goes against the grain of anybody needed to come from a Western Sydney working class family. We just we lived for the day we made the last mortgage payment. It's just not going to happen. And I don't blame the government necessarily. I do blame to a lesser extent. You know, the wages hikes that the Union's forced upon the Labor Party when they in return for them backing them into government.
Speaker 3: I do not agree to them.
Speaker 8: That's exactly right. I know, I know, but they agreed to them with one hand behind their back. So I mean, I think it's also indicative of the attitude that the Labor Party has about microeconomic reforms, just not exist.
Speaker 3: Well, I feel like they've cured off the great Australian dream.
Speaker 2: Of course, everything that they can't get their housing policy in order, immigration net zero has been a disaster.
Speaker 3: And now we're left of this situation and they're.
Speaker 9: Big spending in a seventy five billion announced for the renewable industry. And of course the RBA is watching this, watching this carefully. Jim Chalmers today has essentially put himself on the back that look, inflation is not as bad.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean putting himself on the back.
Speaker 9: It's extraordinary that he can't read the room. Because the RBA is airing on a side of caution because they are concerned that unemployments on the rise in Australia, they are concerned that energy prices continue to go through the roof, and they are concerned that the government continues to spend in a way that it's not.
Speaker 3: Controlling any any leavers in the.
Speaker 9: Economy at all right now, so I think the RBA has no option but to hold, and they will hold. All the economists agree that there's nowhere else for them to go. But the question has to be what's what's Jim Chalmers doing? What's alb and easy doing to support a potential interest rate cut down, the bound great.
Speaker 2: And government spending is at the worst level since World War Two, so it's just an absolute disaster. We've going to leave it there. David Elliott, Tania Mahale, good to see you both. Thank you so much for joining me on the show. As always, coming up after the break, the UK's Big Brother Plan forcing every adult to get a digital ID card, and our winners and losers of the week, including Sarah Hanson Young's tirade against Donald Trump. Manhunt for Desi Freeman after two Victorian police officers were gunned down is still going a month on. It's one of Australia's largest ever police operations, but despite this, authorities have still not managed to locate the armed fifty six year old after thirty.
Speaker 3: One days in the rural town of Poor Punker.
Speaker 2: Searches and patrols have become the norm as police desperately look for clues. For more on this, I'm now joined by doctor Xanthe Mallett, criminologist at the Central Queensland University, Zanthy Good to.
Speaker 3: Catch up again.
Speaker 2: How surprised are you that this manhunt is still ongoing after a month is this rare good evening.
Speaker 10: Well, I had to expected them to find him early. But we have to remember here the terrain is very difficult. It's very bushy, very dense, and Desi Freeman knew it very well, so he was always at an advantage against those looking for him. It was going to make the aerial searches particularly difficult, for example, because it is so dense. So a month is a long time. But certainly the police will not be giving up. They will keep going until they find him.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about that, because they were early on in the piece there was a theory that Desi Freeman had perhaps escaped to a bunker, concealed himself in caves, mine shafts or huts on Mount Buffalo.
Speaker 3: How likely are these theories?
Speaker 10: Well, that's certainly still possible because he was a prepper, remember as well as a sovereign sitizen, which means he prepared for the worst case scenarios. So it may well be that he had places that he knew that he could hide with cachets of potentially weapons, food, water, etc. And he may be able to stay there for a protracted period. So that is still certainly something they will be looking at.
Speaker 2: As you mentioned earlier, I mean he prepared, but he was also known to spend weeks on end in the bush. But even then, at some point, XANTHI, he'd run out of supplies.
Speaker 3: He would need help, right, yeah.
Speaker 6: I would think so.
Speaker 10: I can't think of any instances where somebody who's been on the run for such a long time and hasn't reached out to anybody. So at some point, I imagine if he is still alive, he will have to contact somebody for assistance. But he may be well prepared to last a few weeks, but I think after that things are going to start getting difficult for him.
Speaker 3: And give it, it's gone on for so long. What would be the police tactic now? Well, they're going to keep looking.
Speaker 10: You know, the lost two of their own. A third officer was seriously injured, so they may scale back the operation at some point because of resourcing issues, for example, but they're not going.
Speaker 6: To stop looking for him.
Speaker 10: But the problem they have is he could be hunkered down, somebody could be harboring him, or he could actually be deceased.
Speaker 6: If he's deceased, he's going to be even more.
Speaker 10: Difficult find because there won't be any sightings of him, but they will keep the small contingent on this going forward because they will keep looking for this man.
Speaker 3: And how hard must this be for police?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, two of their own word gone down and now they have to search for this man.
Speaker 3: It must be incredibly difficult.
Speaker 10: Yeah, absolutely, but that's why they're absolutely so committed to catching him. They know that he is allegedly dangerous, he potentially has weapons because they were not at the scene, so you know, they have to keep looking because if he is still in this community, he could still be a danger to that community and other officers. Sovereign citizens hate the police. We know that, so this will be a particularly difficult search. It's a dangerous search, but they are absolutely committed to finding Desi Freeman.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Look, it's been interesting to see it all unfold. Xanthiy Mallett. We've got to leave it there.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your time as always, Thank you so much for joining me on the show. Well, Anthony Arbaneazi as touchdown in the UK and is meeting with Prime Minister Kiir Starmer. Joining me now is News Corp Europe correspondent and Sky News contributor Sophie Ellsworth.
Speaker 3: Sophie, thank you for joining me.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I want to say Kira and Albow, they'll be in good company with one another, both lefties, both you know, this week living out their fantasies and recognizing a Palestinian state.
Speaker 3: But what can we expect from this visit.
Speaker 11: It's great to be with you, Janeka. Look, Prime Minister Anthony Alberanezi arrived here in central London last night Thursday night local time. It's now Friday morning here and he has a series of meetings scheduled for today. He's also attending a Global Action summit with some of the world leaders, including the Canadian Prime Minister Mark Karney. So there's a series of meetings on the agenda, including meeting with Sakia Starmer and also Conservative leader Kemmy Badenoch. So he's got a busy day ahead here, Janeka, in his first day of the three days that he is here in the UK.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you think that ORCUS will be on the agenda, Sophie, I mean we know that it's being reviewed currently by the us KAS. Starmer has always been very vocal in his support of this agreement. Will that be a topic of conversation?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, Jeneka you would expect that would be high on the agenda. Look, both of these prime ministers are politically aligned. They share common views, common values, and they're really at odds with prime with President Donald Trump as we know, and issues such as recognizing Palestinian statehood. So it would be interesting to see what comes of today. But these are important meetings, particularly with Orcus expected to be high on the agenda.
Speaker 3: Now, look, I've got to ask you about this story.
Speaker 2: I was shocked to read that big brother Keir Starmer is watching quite literally every adult in Britain will require a digital ID under plans to tackle illegal immigration. You know, Sophie, I'm not sure how this does tackle illegal immigration. Donald Trump managed to do it without a digital ID. But what's been the reaction over there?
Speaker 3: Wells very divided.
Speaker 11: Danika, the Prime Minister Secure Starmer is expected to announce this digital ID brit card.
Speaker 6: It's called that Will.
Speaker 11: The plan is to roll it out by the end of the decade, before the next election. There has been concerns that this is big Brother watching a UK residence, but they're saying that to have this card, it will collate everything into one basically identity card and make it easier for people who are looking for jobs. They can show this as an ID card and also when they're signing up to services. But there has been a mixed reaction and how will it stop illegal migration? Sekre Starma is talking today about how Labor has failed on tackling migration. So he's really changing the tone here because he knows that this is one of the biggest issues that Reform UK are having severe cut through in the British public. With the fact that the illegal migration issue must be tackled.
Speaker 2: Well, we're almost out of time, but I want to ask you about that because good news for Nigel Faraj and a new poll.
Speaker 3: Have a look at this from sky.
Speaker 12: UK in put to Reform UK on course to be the next government in nongel Fich of course to be the next prime minister. This is what the House of Commons would look like and the party with the most seats Nigel for Raw farrages Reform up to three hundred eleven seats, Sas up three hundred and six incredible result for them, one hundred and forty four seats for Kiir Starmer's Labor Party. That would mean them losing two thirds of their seats.
Speaker 2: Three hundred and eleven. That's extraordinary, Sophie.
Speaker 11: It is Denika. Now they've only got four MPs. In the House of Commons, there's six hundred and fifty seats, so they've got an awfully long way to go. But this is what is causing a labor and the Conservatives a lot of headaches because Reform is having to cut through with their tackling of migration and there's tough stance on this. So this is why Sekeir Starmer is coming out and making announcements in relation to migration, probably more than the otherwise would, because he knows that the British public are very concerned about this and all the polling is pointing to Reform as the ones that the British public are happiest with and that they want in office. But we are four years out from the next general election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: People do want change and clearly reformers providing it.
Speaker 3: Sophiel's work. Good to see, thanks so much for joining me.
Speaker 2: Well, it is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers. And helping me to do that this week is former Liberal senator Holly Hughes. Holly, thank you so much for joining me. Now let's start with your winner. You've got South Australian Premier Peter Malanowskis, who had this to say about eco activists this week.
Speaker 13: Have a listen the eco purists that fill Instagram with screeds demanding an end to gas production, they should be careful what they wish for and for the rest of us. Are we going to let energy policy in our country be determined by the socials, well by the science. If there's gas out there, this is the time to get it out of the ground.
Speaker 3: And Holly, that's come from a labor premier.
Speaker 14: I know, I know a little bit controversial for a liberal to pick a labor state premier, but his eco purist speech was just fantastic.
Speaker 6: His support for the Narrabaye.
Speaker 14: Project, which I was trying to work it out. I think I moved to Mare about sixteen years ago and that was when they were starting to talk about that project and it's still not up and going. So this has been insane the roadblocks that were put in its way. But to see this premiere come out support Santos obviously from South Australia, but a new South Wales gas project was fantastic. But as you know, I was there all this week at Sky with the Lake debate and really sort of putting him over the top for me was We also did a story on these technical colleges that he is bringing back into force in South Australia, which is just fantastic for our youth. They're learning skills, it's a whole different approach to senior school education and really sort of boosting that pipeline. So I got to say, I think Maley had the week of them all.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, And you know what, good on him for actually just speaking out and speaking his mind and technically going against the other labor premiers across the country.
Speaker 3: So I think that's great.
Speaker 2: Now I had to give my winner this week to Greta Thunberg's flotilla.
Speaker 3: It's been an absolute shocker.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd think she's had many wins this week, I think, because well, firstly, the flotilla's boats were attacked by drones and communications jamming while sailing south of Greece. Activists reported that Abba music began playing through the radios at full blast.
Speaker 3: Apparently, Holly, it was lay all your Love on me for hours. I love that. Now, how could you complain? Well, why would you complain? I agree? And never party? I mean, I agree, I.
Speaker 2: Mean Greta dancing well God, but look now one of its activists has publicly come out as queer. He's accused his opponents of exploiting his sexuality. It's led to one of the coordinators resigning because in Gaza's same sex activity is criminalized. It's been an absolute shambles, Holly. But you know what, Congratulations Greta. You're my winner of the week because everything is just going swimmingly for you.
Speaker 6: So couldn't happen to a nicer person?
Speaker 3: Exactly? Absolutely? I agree.
Speaker 2: Now your loser this week is all Australians after Albo's woeful and pathetic selfie that he took over in New York.
Speaker 14: Well, I think Albini's trip, this, Alberdezi's trip this week has really just shown all Australians are losing out when it comes to our international relations. Not only was that selfie with Trump just bizarre, the fact that we saw that glorious coverage of French President Emmanuel mccran just getting on his mobile and calling up Trump going hey mate, I'm stuck because of your motigate. But then Albin Easi's speech to the UN could be sold to Spotify as a sleep aid.
Speaker 6: I mean, it was just absolutely appalling.
Speaker 14: I mean, at least most of the world's representatives had the good grace not to show up for it. But you know, when you've got the president of the largest Muslim nation in the world, Indonesia, standing with Israel, just know how wrong Alban Eazy is in his plea really for domestic politics around this recognition of Palestine.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: And the selfie was just cringe in itself, the big smiles.
Speaker 3: Please, Honestly, it was so fake.
Speaker 2: It was like I have to get this photo to prove to Australia that I mates with Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: That's what it was screaming. Now.
Speaker 2: My loser of the week was Sarah Hanson Young for her response to Donald Trump's UN speech.
Speaker 3: Have a listen, You've got.
Speaker 15: The president of the United States who gave an hour long rant at the UN unhinged. It's clear that under Trump, the United States has absolutely gone that shit crazy.
Speaker 2: Oh gee, Holly, talk about dramatic please, So can.
Speaker 14: I just tell you every now and then on your reflection I think of the bullet that I dodged not sitting on those opposition benches still, but when I was in the Senate, I would.
Speaker 6: I did shifts as.
Speaker 14: The acting Deputy President, which meant I sat in the President's share, and every now and then I would have to sit there during one of Senator Hanson Young's fifteen minute contributions in the chamber. I also had the pleasure of Marine Feruki and many others of which.
Speaker 3: You can make God poor, you absolutely painful.
Speaker 14: So I can't say that I miss hearing those tones and the rubbish that comes out of any of those Green senator's mouths. And of course she has been the Queen of Sunce in the past.
Speaker 2: We've got to go, We've got to go. But you look, you're absolutely spot on. I think your dodged a bullet in that sense. I totally agree. Holy Hughes, thank you so much for joining me. Good to see you have a great weekend. Thank you for your company.
Speaker 3: I'll be back at seven pm on Sunday for denekro and James. Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Caroline Marcus is up next, filling in for Steve Price.