Speaker 1: Live on Sky News.
Speaker 2: This is Sharry Good Evening again. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: I'm Danikiti, Giorgio filling in this week for Sharry Markson Coming up on the show tonight, The Prime Minister's word salads as he acts as an apologist for China on the world stage. Now wonder the US wants to clarify our alliance. Shadow Minister for Defense Industry just at Nampajim for Price will join us. The secret's out Treasury documents accidentally leaked in an embarrassing bungle, but Jim Chalmers says he's pretty relaxed about it. Pauline Hansen will have her say. Liberal Party, conservatives and moderates warring over pre selection. Will this party ever unify and rebuild? Ray Hadley to come on that and a cascade of failings. It's been one year since the attempted assassination on.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump's life.
Speaker 3: Will unpack a new report into the Secret Services stuff up. But first tonight, what is the purpose of Anthony alban on the world stage.
Speaker 2: It's seriously difficult.
Speaker 3: To understand what he stands for, who he represents, and where his allegiances lie. Have a look at this for example, he's in China and is standing in front of three flags, the Australian flag, the Aboriginal flag and the Torres Strait Island of flag. What a bizarre image that is, the leader of the country goes to another country and stands in front of three flags. I mean, why not just one our flag the Australian flag. Who does he stand for? Well, it certainly doesn't seem like it's Australia. In fact, Anthony Albernizi has started acting as an apologist for China, darting around any and all topics that involve Australia's greatest strategic threat through word salads and unclear positions. I mean, he may as well be Kamala Harris. Now tomorrow the Prime Minister will meet with President Shijing Ping and Premier Lee in Beijing. Of course, there are no meetings scheduled with the US president, but this will be his fourth with China. Perhaps this is why the PMS seem to have nothing to say about anything today except for some of his favorite tried and tested topics China, climate change, steel and iron ore.
Speaker 4: We know that Steele is the backbone of the modern economy, but we also know that we need to decarbonize these processes if we are going to successfully deal with the challenge of climate change, but also the opportunity that it represents.
Speaker 3: But God forbid, don't ask him anything about Beijing's human rights and security records.
Speaker 4: We disagree where we must and we put forward our position clearly. Where we have disagreements, we do that in a way that is consistent with the appropriate way to engage internationally.
Speaker 1: So we do that.
Speaker 4: Clearly, unequivocally, each and every time. And this is a relationship though that's very important for Australia.
Speaker 3: Well, the ALP talking points were not quite committed to memory yet for that word salat now while our PM is in China, the ADF for watching for Chinese spy ships as Australia hosts its largest military exercise, Talisman Saber.
Speaker 2: But don't ask him about that one either.
Speaker 4: That would be nothing unusual that has happened in the past. And I'll continue to assert Australia's national interest as I do.
Speaker 3: Yess what could possibly be unusual about Beijing collecting intelligence?
Speaker 2: It's all very above board, all very normal. Nothing to see here.
Speaker 3: I mean, China has been conducting training runs for invading Taiwan, and it's sending spy ships here off our coast to gather as much information about the strengths, weaknesses, and vulnerabilities in our military systems and those of the United States. But no, that's not unusual, just like it wasn't unusual apparently when Beijing conducted live fire drills off our coast.
Speaker 5: Is it's time to take us down to against China publicly against about their actions.
Speaker 4: Well, it's important as well, and Defense have confirmed that China did comply with the international law, and that's important to not suggest that that wasn't the case. Well, this is activity that has occurred in m waters consistent with international law. The notification has occurred. It was a Vergin pilot that alerted Australia about the Chinese Li Fi exercise, rather than Defense. The Australian Defense were certainly.
Speaker 1: Aware.
Speaker 3: I mean, the CCP could literally be on our land, invading us, and the Prime Minister would release a statement saying there is just nothing unusual about it.
Speaker 2: Then asked about whether he.
Speaker 3: Would raise the issue of the Port of Darwin with President she.
Speaker 4: I will be if it's raised. Our positions very clear and I'm sure that the presidents are very clear and is knowledgeable of that.
Speaker 3: Well, is it still Labour's intention to return it to Australian hands from a Chinese company.
Speaker 2: I mean, he can't even bring himself to say it.
Speaker 3: He will only raise it if it's raised by Communist master Shijing Ping. And while we are at it best not to raise the issue of the United States either, because the Prime Minister doesn't have a position on that either.
Speaker 6: Does it frustrate you that while you're here we're getting stories leaked out of the Pentagon.
Speaker 4: Which I'm very focused on my purpose of being here.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the Pentagon Chief Elbridge Colby is demanding Australia pre commit US supplied submarines to a potential American war with China. He's also asking whether Australia would help the US to defend Taiwan in the event of any conflict with China. America is looking for a return on investment, but Albo is focused on one thing.
Speaker 4: Are we any closer to locking in a time with President Trump for a meeting? I'm focused here in China. I've been to China twice. Tony Abbott visited Beijing before he visited Washington. After his election, as did Malcolm Fraser, as did Kevin Rudd. So I think there just needs to be a little bit of perspective here as much as you know, I understand the fascination which is there.
Speaker 3: Well, look, I'm glad he brought up those former prime ministers. Tony Abbott met then President Barack Obama in the White House, Kevin Rudd met Barack Obama in the Oval Office, and Malcolm Fraser met President Jimmy Carter at the White House. All have done what Anthony Albanezi has not. Even King Charles has managed to score a meeting with Donald Trump when the President visits Britain in September. And there really is no point asking the Prime Minister anything because he doesn't have a.
Speaker 2: Position, or he just simply doesn't know.
Speaker 3: He's focused on China while the relationship with our number one.
Speaker 2: Ally is crumbling.
Speaker 3: But have a lesson at the shift in Ton when the Prime Minister is asked about the war in Ukraine.
Speaker 4: We have a strong position on support for Ukraine and against the illegal and immoral invasion by Russia. That's an example of where conflict leads to economic costs, not just humanitarian costs. The biggest cost, of course and concern there is the devastation that has been caused for innocent Ukrainian civilians.
Speaker 3: Well, good to know the Prime Minister found a strong position on something today. He is more than willing to support a democratic country like Ukraine when it's attacked by communist Russia, but doesn't have a position when it comes to democratic countries at stake communist China, including our own. So g wouldn't it be great if the Prime Minister took on his own advice.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, Poplar relations are so.
Speaker 3: Important exactly, and that is the most sense he's made all day, person to person relations. Now, it's important moments like these on the world stage that make all break leaders. The Prime Minister is so weak on so many topics he just can't answer or he is just too scared to and he hesitates on anything that has not been prescripted in advance by labor. This is a leader of our country refusing to exert any authority on Communist China while alienating our number one ally. Instead, he opts to be a spectator on the world stage. Now, if Albaneze was playing in the A League, he would have been subbed out to the reserves a long time ago, or subbed out altogether.
Speaker 2: He's a weak player who doesn't know where his allegiances lie.
Speaker 3: Ask again, what is the purpose of Anthony Alberinizi on the world stage. Joining us now is Lisa Goddard from a Dony Media and Sky News contributor Joe Hilda brand Hi. Hello, good, good to have you both. Got nice to see you both. Now, look, I want to start off with the Prime Minister today, Lisa, as I've just outlined there in your view, did the Prime Minister have anything to say about anything today?
Speaker 7: No, I think you summed it up very nicely there, Danika. Look, he basically stood there. He must have known you have to anticipate the types of questions that you're going to get, and he just simply was not prepared for them. He's over there thinking he's on some spooking tour to promote tourism and to talk about and the mineral's coming out of this country. But he's not actually prepared to answer the tough questions. And the journalists really need to start putting the pressure on him and asking them the really hard questions and watch him squirm even more, because that's the only way we're going to get this Prime Minister to actually stand up and start giving us some serious responses about what is it in talking to China about in relation to tariffs? When's he going to give us some answers around Trump. We're just not getting anything from Melbourne easy at all.
Speaker 2: No, I conplately agree, Mum, Well you know, Joe.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, as I mentioned, he was asked about the Port of Darwin and that is a big one heah, particularly from Chinese ownership.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister brushed.
Speaker 3: Aside criticisms as well as an influential Chinese bloggers warning that any sale of the port would lead to serious repercussions from China.
Speaker 2: Have listened to what he said about that.
Speaker 4: If it's raised, our positions very clear, and I'm sure that the president's very clear and is knowledgeable of that. I'll have a discussion with the President. I'll treat him with the respect that I would any leader of another country.
Speaker 3: It's not about being disrespectful. This is what I don't think that the Prime Minister understands Joe. But the point is he's saying, well, if President she brings it up, then if he raises it. Why is he so scared to raise these issues himself?
Speaker 6: Because it's something that we can just do and if China has a problem with it, then they would raise it with us, and so that is the right thing to do. You don't go you're not going to australis. He's not going to walk up to China in China in Beijing and have our Prime Minister to say to their president, who is a thousand times more powerful, haha, we're going to take your port off you. We're going to take your point like that's not how the plomacy works Australia. And he's not going to beat his chest about doing it while he's over there. Because we want to get things out of China. We want them to deliver stuff to us, like for example, their tourists.
Speaker 2: Should demand respect from China as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, but we can do it, like again, we will. We will take ownership of the port of Darwin and if China has a problem with it, then it would be up to them to raise it would be up to President Jijingping to raise it with the PM when he speaks to it. There is absolutely no need for or benefit to us doing something antagonistic to the president when we are trying to extract money out of him, frankly in the form of Chinese tourists who have dropped off.
Speaker 3: That is onwer the question though, about why the Prime Minister is so scared on the world stage when it comes to China. He's scared, he's worried about upsetting China. I mean, there's so many military near misses with China here on home ground. We've got Chinese life fire drawers off the coast earlier this year.
Speaker 6: But the question is do you want do you want do you want you know, abloviated words, or do you want results? I mean, the truth is Albaneze can jump up and down about these various things in public. That's not going to make the Chinese less likely to do and they don't care. No, people will be saying things and have said things, but they will be doing it through the appropriate back channels. They will be doing it behind closed doors, because of course, when you do, you know, if you try to humiliate China, they're very very sensitive, despite how big and strong and scary they are, and they're very very sensitive and they do things like the retaliatory measures that this influencer this blogger is talking about, and so you want to avoid that. You don't want to court it. But that doesn't mean that doesn't mean rolling over to them. It just means not being a blowhard.
Speaker 2: He doesn't mean rolling at least I think you want to jump in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well half back to when the Orchest decision was made and how annoyed the French Prome Minister was French President was in relation to not being kept in the loops. So surely you want to set this up, Joe, when you've got an audience there with Gjuping, Surely you do want to set it up and start warming the Australian electorate up for what's likely to happen, and also Giguping as well. You need to discuss that. Then, if they're so serious about finally getting this port out of Chinese hands, that have to be discussing it with him, and they have to been prepared for what's going to happen. We saw, you know, when we dared to ask questions about COVID, what happened to Australia. You take a port off there when they've got another what eighty five years left on this lease it's not going to be good for Australia.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 6: But they know that that is going to happen.
Speaker 2: It's not like that.
Speaker 6: It's not like that's a secret. The whole thing with the Orchest discussions is it was secret until suddenly it came ninn and again, yes, Emmanuel Macron jumped up and down and bleated about it and winged about it, and it did not make one lick of difference because it had already been done. And it's the same with the Port of Dama. The Chinese know our plans for the Port of Dara because it was made public during the election campaign. And indeed they'd probably know anyway because they're crawling all over us with their intelligence machines.
Speaker 3: So they are crawling all over us, I think, right, crawling all over everything.
Speaker 2: At the moment.
Speaker 6: Are you focused on outcomes or are you focused on.
Speaker 2: I think it goes to more than that.
Speaker 3: I think we need to be tougher on China from the very beginning, because at the same time we are alienating the United States. But I look forward to seeing what comes out of that meeting tomorrow, of course, with the Chinese President and the Chinese.
Speaker 2: Premius so let's see.
Speaker 3: But let's move on to a very chilling story out of Victoria, where an anonymous cell has threatened workers.
Speaker 2: At a machining manufacturer.
Speaker 3: A few weeks after, three cars were set a light and anti Semitic messages were grafeeded outside the officers. Now, before we show you this clip, a warning that some viewers may find it disturbing, have a.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 8: Death to Israel, death to Australia, death to America. From the River to the Sea. Palestine will be free, always was, always will be original land.
Speaker 2: Lisa, this is a real troubling escalation.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not just disturbing. It's distressing that so many adjectives you could use to describe what's there. But I think this all harks back to we have not been strong to hit back against any Semitism, and so now this is the point we've come to. You've got a company that has more than eighty full time staff according to its website, who must all be living in absolute fear and terror tonight, and not just the employees but their extended family as well. If you've got this video out there saying we will feed this to our underground network, we know your addresses. Each of those people are potential victims of a terror attack. And not only that, you've now got the universities, you should be looking very closely at themselves. They all put up with the encampments. They didn't fight back hard when it came to controlling the anti semitism on site for campuses, and now potentially are we going to see those universities now targeted with.
Speaker 2: This as well. No, I completely agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think it's just another example of how anti Semitism has been allowed to become the norm in this country, and then that is the real problem. Now, look, the anti seven Semitism Envoy Gillian Siegel is being harassed by the media after her husband donated money to Advance Australia, which The Canberra Times describes as far right.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure I describe that terrorist exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what's so far right about it.
Speaker 3: But look, Gillian Siegel has denied being involved in the donation, and look, I mean she's saying no one would tolerate her accept my husband dictating my politics, and I certainly won't dictate his. I have had no involvement in his donations, nor will I I mean Joe was if she isn't capable of acting independently of her husband.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is a sad example of what often happens for people on the extreme left of whom that masked terrorist I say that advisedly is one hundred percent one And again I would just on that note, this is a blowhard. This is a guy who is a person who is trying to sound really really tough. And the fact that they have to say so many times you know.
Speaker 1: This is you know, you're afraid? Are you afraid?
Speaker 6: This is not a joke, you know how serious it is. And then they're just like reciting Twitter hashtags like always was, always will be, and they've got the little Aboriginal and torres straight under flowers, Like what sort of a message do they think they're sending associating indigenous people, First Nations people with absolute f wits like that, what a knob end? Anyway, But on the Gillian Segle staff, again, what's what's your point?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 6: Who cares what a husband did or didn't do if you've got a problem with her, for example, her anti Semitism report, which I thought was pretty sensible, although you know there are arguments over how much curtailing free speech will actually solve the problem. But whatever, you know, if you like attack the substance, like actually have the argument with the facts instead of just saying, oh, we're not going to listen to you because your husband donated to a group we don't agree with.
Speaker 2: I agree. Actually who cares? Who cares?
Speaker 6: And also what feminist solidarity to say that? You know, a woman has beholden to whatever her husband thinks her that she must.
Speaker 3: Be so offensive on a number of levels. But in the end, she is was appointed to do one job. She was appointed to investigate anti septism in this country. It's got nothing to do what her husband does. It's just another.
Speaker 2: Absolute beat up. It's ridiculous. Now, look, it's been twelve months.
Speaker 3: Would you believe since Donald Trump survived an assassination attempt in the lead up to the US election. Remember this if you want to really see something that said, take a look at what happened.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 3: The President marked the moment while attending the FIFA Club World Cup Club Final in New Jersey yesterday afternoon. And he's also told reporters today that God was protecting him.
Speaker 8: God who was protecting me?
Speaker 1: Maybe because God wanted to see our count think it better or do really well make America great again.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of a dangerous profession, big president. But I really don't like to think about it too much. Yeah, I've got to say, Lisa, I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 3: You know, twelve months ago he survives an assassination attempt. Twelve months later he's on stage, he's all excited at that the faith of World Cup in New Jersey just too completely contrasting images.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Here we go, We've got up on the screen. Now, how things can change so quickly. But you know, Lisa, really, when you think about it, I feel like it was that moment that really changed the trajectory for Donald Trump and helped get him over the line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it absolutely was.
Speaker 7: And look, you know, it's marvelous to think that twelve months ago you had the failed assassination attempt and then today there he is center stage and there was no way that were keeping him out of being front and centered there. It was quite quite comical to watch them try to move Trump to the back of that pack. There was no way he was not going to be in the limelight. And it's in a very strong message to say, I'm here and trial you like, but I'm not going anywhere. So it was quite a good one to watch.
Speaker 3: I completely agree almost our time, Joe, but your your reflections.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll decide to that. Someone actually shot at Donald Trump and he still managed to stay standing while in any fee for soccer match, players just dive even when there's no gun at all, So he did.
Speaker 1: Well what a contrast, Well.
Speaker 2: What happens?
Speaker 3: I guess survived, you know, it was something like that, but no good on him. It was good to see, just very contrasting images. Lisa God Joe hilde Brad.
Speaker 2: Good to have you both on. Thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 3: Well joining me now is One Nation Leader, Senator Pauline Hanson, Senator, thank you very much for joining me on the show. I want to start with the Prime Minister's visit to China. There's obviously plenty of issues to be raising here while he's over there, Taiwan escalating military strength and the Indo.
Speaker 2: Pacific trade disputes the port of Darwin.
Speaker 3: But so far the Prime Minister's gone for tourism, sport and decarbonizing steel. Today, you know, I've got to say, Senator, listening to the Prime minister's press conferences, he didn't seem to have a position on anything.
Speaker 2: One word salad after the other.
Speaker 3: It was only really comfortable talking about steel and iron or what does it say about this Prime Minister.
Speaker 9: I think it's a junker trip.
Speaker 10: And I'd like to know if all the CEOs are paying for their own way over there, in their own accommodation, or is still on the taxpayer, you know, to see twiggy forest over there and pushing this green you know, green steel.
Speaker 9: And all the rest of it. We can't produce it.
Speaker 10: They've shut down a lot of the companies here, the hydrogen here, So it's just ridiculous to be pushing this.
Speaker 9: What's China going to do about it?
Speaker 10: China is the biggest minist in the world over thirty percent of carbon emissions, and he's pushing this to do green hydrogen or make green steel. It cost you more in electricity and our electricity prices. Know every household out there knows that their electricity price has gone up where they said they'd save two hundred and seventy five dollars a year, or if the electricity bills going back four years ago but now they're paying one thousand dollars more now than what they were, So it's all ridiculous.
Speaker 9: It's all pie and the sky stuff. He talks about tourism as well.
Speaker 10: You know, for these people to come out to Australia, you know, I just think that it's been a waste of time. And he goes there for six days, yet he can't make the trip. Well, he went to the USA, which he says, but he was on the West coast and he didn't get to to see Donald Trump, who is an ally, and we're in the Auchest agreement with them, and yet he's there twing to the you know, Shingping.
Speaker 9: I just don't get it.
Speaker 10: He's not a leader of this nation. And talk about the Darwin Port Janika, the Darwin port Land Bridge Group that owned the Darwin Port. Right, that is a private company. It is a billionaire that's bought it. Yi Chang, he owns it now.
Speaker 9: He's a billionaire.
Speaker 10: Yi Chang has close ties to the Chinese Communist Party. Why is Albanezy then wanting to speak to the Jinping about the Chinese port when it's a privately owned company. Why isn't he talking to Ye Chang about it. So why is he to go to the president over this? So you got to ask those questions as well.
Speaker 9: The support should never have been sold in the first place.
Speaker 10: And if they'd got their act together, and it was about one hundred and thirty million dollars, the port was in disrepair. No one in Australia and the government at the time wouldn't line them the money to repair the port. So they went in and on the world market and allowed the Chinese to buy it. It should have been stopped by the Foreign Investment Review Board right from the very beginning. Poor governance in this country. That's why we're in the hell of a mess that we are. And we've got the most poor governance that we have under Alban EASi. And he talks about national security, you know, he hasn't given a defining, you know, to the Americans. Will he support Australia and the Americans if war breaks out with China and Taiwan, with China taking over Taiwan, what are we going to do about the subs?
Speaker 9: Will the Americans give us the subs now? Because our Prime minister.
Speaker 10: Won't give you defining you know where he stands with this and I think that the Americans have a right to know, and.
Speaker 2: You know, I think you raise a good point to meet. You're right, this is a junket.
Speaker 3: This is he's gone over there to China on nothing more than a junker.
Speaker 2: And just to expand on what you said there.
Speaker 3: He was asked today if there's been any progress on a meeting with Donald Trump, and he said his focus is on China. He was asked about the Pentagon's request for a position on Taiwan. He said, his focus is on China. We've got Chinese spy ships circling again because of Talisman Saber. The Prime Minister today said, well, there's nothing unusual about it. So Senator, you've got to wonder what the US must be thinking right now.
Speaker 9: Exactly right. He's an absolute joke.
Speaker 10: Our national security is in one hell of a state at the moment because I don't trust the Prime Minister that we have he's where he is leading us, and I think we as a nation and myself as a member of Parliament elected by the people, have a right to know what he's thoughts are, where we are headed with this, and I'd like to see the OP possision step up and say ask more questions with regard to this.
Speaker 9: We have a right to know.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we have a right tonight, I think you're absolutely spot on.
Speaker 2: I want to move on now.
Speaker 3: To a leaked Treasury report which is revealed that Labor was advised to hike taxes and slash spending in order to balance the country's books after this year's election, though Jim Chalmers didn't seem to mind.
Speaker 6: And what's happened here is a Treasury official has sent those documents in error.
Speaker 2: That sort of thing happens from time to time.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty relaxed about it, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you know whether the Treasurer is relaxed about it or not. That the PM certainly shouldn't be, given he's on the record boasting about how meaningful his promises on tax policy are.
Speaker 4: I believe that when you go to an election and you make commitments, you should stick to my word if my.
Speaker 3: Bond, Senator, So the Treasurer is relaxed, Albow's word is his bond?
Speaker 2: Can they would be trusted on taxes? No?
Speaker 9: And I've said that all along.
Speaker 10: The only way to run a country is based on prosperity and productivity. Now both those are on the decline. The other way is through taxes. Now they're indicated that with super innovation, tax on unrealized gains, and what's going to happen there is it's hidden within the legislation that the Treasurer will have the right to increase or change it at his whim whenever it suits him. That is very concerning the strange people. I believe that taxes will go up, they'll get the support.
Speaker 9: Of the Grands.
Speaker 10: Greens really want to hit people in this country because they say, oh, because you've got the money, you're rich, you should be paying. Yet we allow people to sit on a welfare system in this country for more than five, ten, fifteen, twenty years, thirty years, and we don't question about their contributing to this country, but we just keep paying them welfare and expect those who got out there, got themselves a job, got themselves a decent job, and have to pay the taxes, excessive taxes to support these people who want to sit on.
Speaker 9: Their backside and do nothing in this country. I've had a gupful of it. I'm sick and tired of it.
Speaker 10: I don't mind helping those who want the help, but people who think it's their right, god given right to sit around and get welfare assistance, ran assistance, health assistance, everything and not made work after.
Speaker 9: Twenty or thirty years on it. I have a real problem with that.
Speaker 10: So Charmers has to put on that Act Daneka because it's our blase of also what these things happen.
Speaker 9: But it is the truth has been let out. They've pushed this one point.
Speaker 10: Two million homes. It's unrealized. It's never going to happen. They went into the elect election they knew it. Economists and myself and others than for Parliament have told them that their spending was out of control. It was their homes would never be built. But they took the lie to their strand people and that's what they won this election.
Speaker 9: And on people have a right.
Speaker 10: They are deceitful, they're liars. They won the selection through lies and a seat, and I believe that they should be actually questioned over the whole lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And even the master Builders has been having warning for so long that they just don't wonder. They don't have that demand power to get to this record number of homes that Labour wants to build.
Speaker 2: We don't have the utensils right now. So it's been a joke from the beginning before I let you go.
Speaker 3: National MP Barnaby Joyce has vowed to introduce a private member's bill in an attempt to end Labour's net zero policies.
Speaker 2: Here he was on Deneka and James last night. Have a listen.
Speaker 6: I've been fighting for this for so long, but I think it's got to a point we've actually got to say, okay, let's see where we vote.
Speaker 2: Or more to the point, if.
Speaker 1: You don't even want to vote, if you don't even have you're so courageous about about the climate, but you won't even have the debate in the partmouth. I believe they won't even have the debate in the partment.
Speaker 2: Well, Senator, I say, good on him.
Speaker 10: What do you think, Yeah, so do I good on him because that's been my policy right from day one.
Speaker 9: Get rid of it, get out of the Paris agreement. So good on Barnaby.
Speaker 10: You know what, I doubt whether you'll get it second at a tour and if he does, I'll probably be throwing out of the party.
Speaker 9: You know what, Barnaby, come over.
Speaker 10: To my party because we need people like you with backbone to stand up and fight these issues you won't get from you from your so called colleagues because they haven't got the backbone to actually stand up to strain people in the way. This country is going down the bloody drain. So you know, no problems. And I hope if one Nation was there on the Lower House, we'd be standing beside him affording him.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go. The office stands.
Speaker 3: If Barnaby Joyce is watching tonight, the office stands to head over to one Nation. I guess now that he's no longer the bench, you never know what might happen. So to Pauline Hanson, always nice to chat with you. Thank you very much for your time on the show this evening.
Speaker 2: Really appreciate it. We'll stay with us. Coming up after the break, just into Nampa Jim.
Speaker 3: For Prices fired up because the Prime Minister has his head in the sand on defense. She's got lots to say on orcast defense spending and Elbow's appalling Taiwan response.
Speaker 2: That's coming up later.
Speaker 3: But next Radio Legend Ray Hadlee will join me live. Welcome back to the program, and joining me now is Radio Legend Ray Hadley. Ray Good to see you. Thank you very much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 1: Well the Negro. It's wonderful to be here. I'm surrounded by intelligent, outstanding young women. Oh, thank you, fantastic, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I so appreciate that coming from you. That's very kind. But we've got a lot to talk about, don't we. Where do we begin?
Speaker 3: We've got to start with Anthony Alberze's visit to China.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know it's at an awkward time when.
Speaker 3: The US wants clarity over our position when it comes to Taiwan. But you've got the Prime Minister over there brimming with glee ray, you know, trying to figure out how to make still better for the environment.
Speaker 2: That's the priority.
Speaker 1: Well, I think at best, the Prime Minister is a Labor Party hack who's been promoted beyond the station in life. And you see that when he goes on the world stage. You can get away with it here, how fellow well met. But when he's got to make a decision on whether he's going to offend our biggest trading partner or offend our most close ally, he can't make up his mind and indecision in this type of area is it just paralyzes us. We want a leader, we want someone, you know, and then mixed messages. He's got ministers saying, oh, well will decide who we declare war on. Well, if Taiwan falls and the Americans go after them, the China is well, I know what side we have to be on. It's fairly simple. And he won't enunciate that. He sort of ducks and weaves and it's just not a statesman he is, you know. And the worst part is the Niko. We got him for six more years because the other mob, what are we two months on for the election? All they want to do is talk about themselves, gender quators, Julian Lisa wants to talk about Oh, let's do how they do it in the United States of America to choose candidates. I mean, get back to work. There's that many things you can tear the government a part about. But while ever you're looking at yourselves, the public just stand there mystified. Then you get lapped back in May, we're up the July. How about some policies. How about attacking Cassano Berbowen about his power policies? How about really ripping and tearing about what's happening in China at the moment, and all we get from the Liberal Party, not the National Party, the Liberal Party is oh, what can we do better? How can we be more popular? I mean, get your sleeves rolled up and do something. Stop looking about yourselves and talking about yourselves.
Speaker 2: Well, actually I wanted.
Speaker 3: To ask you about that, because you know, the Liberals are floating this idea of a US style primaries. You know, and the problem with this is you've got it means till voters green voters can all decide who should be up for pre selection.
Speaker 2: It's just bizarre. But I want to show you this.
Speaker 3: Julia Lisa wrote an opinion piece in the Ods today. He said the Liberal Party is but must be seen to be a party open to our community, where people with.
Speaker 2: Talent have a clear, fair pathway to step forward.
Speaker 3: That's why since the mid two thousands I've advocated for the need to trial US style primaries. Well, ray, how is this going to have help the average person out there who can't pay their bills?
Speaker 1: Look to apps look like he's an intelligent black I think, Jullian Lisa. But he must have got concust or something when he decided this a number of years ago, and keep pushing it. So, Julian, you're going to ask the Teals and the Greens to gather and decide who would be the best candidate to represent the Liberal Party at the next federal election, you must be stark, raving, mad mate. I mean, look, it's not perfect the way they do it at the moment. It's in fact laughable in some you know, particularly here in New South Wales where we reside. But to think that you're going to hust people from the Labor Party, from the Greens and from the Teals to actually cast a vote on they'll run dead, They'll pick the worst candidate.
Speaker 2: Well that's a problem.
Speaker 1: Although to be fair, they couldn't do any worse job than the Liberal Party's done themselves in picking the worst candidate.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but it's a nonsense. I mean, for goodness sake, Julian, stop talking about this nonsense and get back the policies, ol mate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I completely agree with you.
Speaker 3: And the more that they just talk about themselves, the more you've got Anthony albineasy on the world stage being allowed to be a lunatic on the world stage, or a lunatic on other issues because.
Speaker 2: There's nobody there attacking him. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, every day they talk about themselves extends his primeariership by another day. I mean, get with it, get with it and stop talking about yourselves and stop coming up with crazy ideas. I mean, rollles, leaves up and do it the work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I completely agree.
Speaker 3: Now, Look, I want to talk to you about the situation in Victoria where there's a dreadful chant this death to the idea of It's like it's been important ray into Australia since Glastonbury. We've had protesters over the weekend in Melbourne. They were chanting it at a rally and so swatstickers and Nazi symbols on display.
Speaker 2: Ray.
Speaker 3: You remember last week the premier over there just Cincarell and she announced an anti hate task Force. That was how she was going to deal with all the issues. He wondered with this constitute hate under the anti hate task Force.
Speaker 1: Well, it's work, well, hasn't it. The first week of the anti hate task Force. Look, I mentioned Ashari a couple of weeks ago, and with all due respect to many of the people protesting, in fact, all the people protesting, they've never heard of a thing called crystal mark. That's when the Nazis in the nineteen thirties went about destroying Jewish businesses and basically wanting to exterminate the Jewish people, as they later did during the war. So we've got our own form of crystal mark happening, you know in Melbourne and sometimes in Sydney as well. But Melbourne seems to be captain, catch and sole selector of anti Semitism at the moment. And it's this is where leaderships required. This is what the Liberal Party could talk about over and over and over again and do it sincerely. Because the government, both the federal government the labor government in Victoria, I mean, it's in their DNA to support the Palestinians, and you know the Palestinians in some respects duties of support, but they keep forgetting and Penny Wong in particular, Gaza has a terrorist organization as the executive government HAMS, that's who runs the place ha Mas And so why wouldn't people react in this particular way because they're allowed to do it. And we've had a bit of handwringing from October seven coming up for two years from the labor government, the federal labor government. I'm sure the liberal labor governments are saying the labor government in Victoria's the same, but not much has done about it, and these people are allowed to get away with it. I mean, the equivalent to the public Order rights squad in Victoria should be rounding these people up, and if they have to get a little bit physical, they've got to get a bit physical, because we can't have this no.
Speaker 3: And the other thing is is but we're on my how time just before we let you go, Let's not forget that the Prime Minister's got all these recommendations sitting on his desk right now from the anti Semitism Envoy, which he appointed to put an investor to make an investigation into anti Semitism. Well, those recommendations rage are sitting there.
Speaker 1: She's done an outstanding job, an outstanding job, and I'm going to say much of it is just what you'd call pure common sense. And like you say, he's having his fourth meeting with the Chinese leader, hasn't cracked it for a chat with the Trumpster quite yet, and is doing and frying about whether he'll support China or the United States of America. If they go to battle Labor Taiwan. It's a mess, a real mess. But he's allowed to get away with it because, as you pointed out, Deniga, there's no one in opposition shouting from the rooftops. Wake up to yourself. They're too worried about themselves.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and that's exactly the problem. Ray Hadley, really nice to chat with you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, appreciated it. Well.
Speaker 3: Coming up with Orcas still up in the air and defense spending still trailing, how much failure can the labor government manage when it comes to defending this country. Shadow Minister for Defense Industry Nampajim for Price will join me live from Alice Springs right after this break.
Speaker 2: You won't want to miss it. Welcome back. Well.
Speaker 3: As a Prime Minister gallivants around China talking tourism, decarbonizing steel and sport. Trouble is brewing in the United States, with Anthony Aberesi still failing to get any assurances on the orcast steel, and of course reports last week that the Pentagon is considering making Australia pay more for submarines under the agreement. Joining me now is Shadow Minister for Defense Industry, Senator Jacinta Nampajim for Price Senator, really good.
Speaker 2: To catch up with you. Thank you for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 3: Aside from the fact the Prime Minister can't even get a meeting with the US President, how concerned should we be that Anthony Aberenesi has failed to get any assurances on Orcas.
Speaker 2: Oh look, thanks for having me, Denika.
Speaker 11: It is deeply concerning the fact that the Prime Minister has failed to speak to the President of the US Donald Trump. He's now been in the office for two hundred and fifty one days and yet the Prime Minister manages to catch up with of course ggping on.
Speaker 2: A regular basis.
Speaker 11: You know, the August Deal was something that we put in place and was paramount, you know, to our circumstances geopolitically, and it is deeply concerning that our Prime Minister has not been able to get assurances for the August Deal going ahead. What is concerning is the fact that this Prime Minister, as Alexander rightly points it out, seems to be retreating as opposed to ensuring that our relationships well, our relationship with our closest ally the US continues to be strong given the circumstances that we're faced with, which you know, we haven't been in such a position since World War Two. And you know, the Prime Minister really needs to tell the Australian people what is it he is doing. Is he does he have the interests of our nation at the forefront of the decisions that he's currently making.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a good question, and you know it's clear that his failure to get a handle on this relationship is proving costly. Labor as we know, refuse the White House's request to lift defense spending as virtually all NATO member states have. Senator, This is despite plenty of strategic and foreign affairs experts consistently warning of the potential consequences of not doing so.
Speaker 2: What could this mean for Australia. Yeah, look, I mean.
Speaker 11: Put aside the fact that you know, what I keep wondering is this Prime minister why you know, he's trying to show himself as some kind of player on the world stage that it can stand up to the likes of someone like Donald Trump.
Speaker 2: But put aside Donald try for a minute.
Speaker 11: As you've said, allies are also lifting their own GDP spend on their defense and at the same time our Prime Minister is refusing to go beyond two point four percent. The only world leader that has sought has expressed that we shouldn't be lifting our defense spend. Of course again is ggping. Again another great concern, because we know that when it comes to defense we are underfunded when it comes to things like our northern basis, our drone technology, our ship sustainment, and also in terms of our recruitment. I mean we are below in terms of our recruitment in the thousands.
Speaker 2: And the fact that our Prime Minister.
Speaker 11: Won't even listen to our own Australian experts when it comes to the need to lift the spend to at least three percent in terms of GDP toward our defense. That is again one more grave concern.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister is failing.
Speaker 11: Australia in terms of our defense at such a critical time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and there's that.
Speaker 3: But also I want to ask you about a recent report from the Australian National Audit Office which found significant deficiencies in the maintenance of two landing helicopter dock vessels, and also that Defense Minister Richard Marles hadn't properly been brief for two and a half years about their readiness for deployment. Firstly, Senator, how is it that the minister in charge knows nothing? And secondly, if we can't maintain our existing equipment, how can we seriously be prepared for war?
Speaker 2: That's exactly right.
Speaker 11: I mean, you know, we have seen the China's aggression toward us in recent times and what we keep hearing from the Prime Minister and from the Minister of Defense is rehetoric around what is actually occurring. I mean, the Defense Minister had not had any briefing from the department, from the Department of Defense for two and a half years with regard to this latest report, when he should be receiving reports on a regular basis, as regularly as six months. Every six months. This government is utterly asleep at the wheel and is playing with the lives of Australians while they are asleep at the wheel. This is absolutely not good enough for our country, for our defense. And you know what, Dnaka, I mean, we really need to get back into I've been champing at the bit to get back into Parliament so that we can put this Prime Minister and his ministers and his defense minister on notice and start pushing the hard questions on them why they are not doing the right thing by our country in terms of our in terms of our defense, particularly at this very critical time in global history.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, well, you won't have to wait too long. Next week couldn't come soon enough. We're almost out of time, Senator, But just really quickly on Taiwan, was the US right to ask what we would do if China goes to war?
Speaker 11: Look, I think the ambiguity around that is that the US obviously hasn't stated to us what they would do under those circumstances, So without knowing where they would sit in terms of, you know, speaking about what is I think it's right to sort of wait until they can provide a sort of a scenario or an understanding of where they might sit before we decide to take that approach.
Speaker 2: It's a bit of give and take. But as you can see, under these.
Speaker 11: Circumstances, with a way in which our prime minister is behaving, it's no wonder that the US are concerned about where our prime minister might sit with any of all of this.
Speaker 3: No, I absolutely agree, and I wonder they're asking questions about our allegiances. Senator just sint Napa, jimber Price, It's been really good to see you.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much for joining me on the show this evening. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Coming up after the break, a bombshell report identifies the failings that led to last year's attempt on President Donald Trump's life.
Speaker 2: A cascade of Secret Service failings, how appalling.
Speaker 3: Skynyer's contributor, Kosher Garter, will join me live after the break.
Speaker 2: Welcome back. Well.
Speaker 3: On the twelfth month anniversary of the attempted assassination of Donald Trump, a congressional inquiry into the incident has found inexcusable failures in the Secret Services operations and response, calling for more serious discipline reaction. Let's bring in Skyny's contributor, Kosher Garden our kosher welcome look.
Speaker 2: Firstly, this report.
Speaker 3: Has found a multiple failures, a litany of failures. We knew at the time, of course, about the DEI in the Secret Service. We've all seen the footage of the slow response. What do you take mostly from this report?
Speaker 5: Yes, I think DEI was something that bubbled up to the surface right away after that that remains, but there are lots of tactical errors as well that came out from it, such as the Trump team had requested more resources because there was an elevated threat at that time against his life and they had good intel on that, and those threats were denied. Then Director Cheetle Kim Cheadle actually lied under oath and deny that and then later reversed it and resigned infamously. There were other issues such as how did the shooter get access to the rooftop tactically? Like why was that a line of sight to the president on stage not addressed properly? How was he able to gain access to the premises with a gun and a rifle in his hand as he did and twenty seven minutes before he entered Apparently this report says he had been sighted and somebody had raised that, but that communication just broke down and nothing was done about it. He was an apprehended in any such way, so on and so forth. And then the biggest thing I think that's making a lot of people angry right now is nobody has been held accountable. Not a single person has been fired. Supposedly, there are six people who've been disciplined and were benched for a couple of months.
Speaker 2: Without pay.
Speaker 5: But that feels grossly inadequate for this event that could have taken out President Trump and changed the arch of history.
Speaker 2: Absolutely you spot on. Now.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump is confirmed he'll get to the UK after an invitation from King Charles, who'll be there for three days in September in what will be the US president's second state visit Ja Kosher. You know, King Charles manages to get a meeting with Donald Trump, get our Prime minister can't. He's still flying around everywhere else except for Washington.
Speaker 5: You know, one wonders is it because he can't or because he doesn't want it, and he's decided to just resign himself to being reactive rather than proactive as it relates to dealing with Trump and getting favorable terms on tariffs and everything else.
Speaker 9: Who knows.
Speaker 5: Nobody does state visits the way the monarchy and the British royal family do, so I think he's playing in fairness. He's playing from a totally different plane, and Trump certainly loves that he did it. Of course with the late Queen Elizabeth the ICID. He understands the significance of these meetings in terms of iconography and photography for the history books and all the rest of it. So I think he is very pleased with that and looking forward to that, whereas for our Prime Minister, I think it sort of feels like junior varsity and not really playing at the big boys table.
Speaker 2: No, I completely agree.
Speaker 3: Just finally, the President Trump still can't get away from backlash over his administration's handling of the Epstein files.
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 5: This story is not going away as much as he would like it to. And it's really not because of the case itself or Epstein himself and his various proclivities, but it's because of what it represents, which is transparency and justice. And this is something that Trump ran on. People are fed up with the lack of transparency in government institutions in general. This case really is a microcosm of that. There's so many unanswered questions. The way it was rolled out and the way ag Pambondi handled it was totally botched, and people are not going to I think, stop beating the drum until there's something better than let's sweep this under the rugs. Nothing to see here because his beast, in particular, it's not flying with them.
Speaker 2: No in between, you know, Pam Bondi, the Department of Justice.
Speaker 3: One saying one thing, one saying another thing. Yeah, it's not going away, that's for sure. Kosher Garda, good to see you. Thank you so much for joining me on the show this evening. Thank you for your company. I'll be back again tomorrow night. Now it's time for James Morrow hosting Paul Murray in the man Cave.