Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gaddiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any first nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group TRAT.
Speaker 1: If it's of your favorite group Trat, let's keep it going mat. If it's trending, going viral, or has your gropped, we're talking about it showing.
Speaker 2: Up on this episode. The vibes are not as high as they are in this here. We want to preface this by saying this is a pretty heavy episode. We do talk about a lot of debt in this episode. There's some topics that are a bit morbid and you know, conspiracy theories, and we get a bit deep.
Speaker 1: So this is your little trigger warning.
Speaker 2: Is your little trigger warning, your little content warning if you.
Speaker 1: Don't like talking about death, which I do, just giving you a heads up.
Speaker 2: Just giving your heads up. There is some fun talk at the start as well. So I've been on a new personal hygiene journey that I take you through. And Brittany's really sick of people saying a particular thing on the internet. But I think she's just overreacting.
Speaker 1: I am not.
Speaker 2: You can all be the judge of that. But strap in for this episode and another reminder that this one's a little bit more full on and a little bit less fun than usual. So deal me in, don't let's go.
Speaker 1: I saw a video map that I thought I got to share with you first thing this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Before, and I've I'm not actually gonna share the video because I didn't say it, but I remember what she said. Okay, and no shame for this creator. I've seen people say this a million times. It was like a vlog or whatever on TikTok, and she started the vlog by saying, I just got home from Jim.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like no d Jim.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And I've noticed that some people say this, I just got home from Jim. Now I'm making breakfast.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It was the start of a vlog, and it just triggered me because I hate when people say that. But then it got me thinking because I would say I just got home from the gym, right, okay, But then I started thinking, why do people say I just got home from Jim, I just got done at gym. I've never even heard anyone say really, I have people say it, And then it got me thinking, like why would they say that. Well, you would just say I just got home from Aldi, I just got home from see. But then it's different, I just got home from the bank. You would never say I just got home from bank, but you would say I just got home from Aldi. I just got home from the shops. You would never say I just got home from shops. So why do people say I just got home from Jim.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't like it stumped me already.
Speaker 1: So people genuinely say I just got home from Jim. But then you would say I just got home from Aldi. You don't say I just got home from the Aldi.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe maybe I would say I just got home from going to Aldi, though, is what I would say.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it's because Jim isn't abrid name, which is why I think you need to say the gym.
Speaker 2: I feel like you just need to calm down.
Speaker 1: But you could say I just got home from anytime fitness. You could say that because it's a name. But I think the fact that it pisces me off is that it's Jim. It's not Aldi, it's not Planet Fitness, it's I just got home from gym. You need to say the gym.
Speaker 2: Is Who's gym exactly.
Speaker 1: So this is just my call out to any of you gym goers out there that say I just got done with Jim or I just got home from Jim. You're saying it fucking wrong.
Speaker 2: And there's two people who don't go to the gym. Yeah, you know, who are we to judge?
Speaker 1: We are the people to judge.
Speaker 2: You know what's wild is lately I have been considering joining a gym just because I'm like, just something different. I'm getting a bit over the walking. It's cold now, it's winter. I've only really walked during warmer months and I love walking. Im.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I keep.
Speaker 2: Thy go for it. You've got I joined.
Speaker 1: Remember I joined like a month or two ago, and then I went for a couple of weeks and then I fell off and now I need to go back. And now I'm in that phase where it's like too hard to get back into it. But I better because like I'm paying for it. But remember I was only going just for pilates like reformer. But I don't think I'll ever be like a gym normal gym person, like going gym and drifting weights.
Speaker 2: You're not going to go gym.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going gym the.
Speaker 2: Way it used to be, like my be all and end all, like my life would revolve around the gym. I think that's what makes me hesitant, And I don't want to be like that again, be like that again. And I'm like, the thing about the gym is, I'm like, I don't wait, did you say the gym or is it just jim the gym? Did I say the gym?
Speaker 1: Yes, you said it the correct way.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: If any of you, by the way, any of you out there say I just went got home from gym, please dm us somewhere and tell us why you say it. Don't tell us why you say it that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You were really reading into that a lot, aren't you.
Speaker 1: It's so wrong.
Speaker 2: You're off your rock.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just like, I don't know whether it be worth it for me because I don't really what am I doing lifting weights? Boring? I don't really want.
Speaker 1: To I've said it before, I wish I could be that person. Yes, I see the girl he's like building their booties and fucking lifting the legs with the weights on their ankles. Like I wish that could be me. That's never gonna be me because I'm not fucking interested in that, Yeah, but like I wish I was, Like I wish that was a genuine interest of mine. Like I like when you see like a girl and she's like got really toned calves and you can tell that she like puts effort into like building those muscles, Like I wish I could be me, but can't because I'm not interested in that, but I wish I was.
Speaker 2: I just love as well how there are people who just use the gym, and then there's people who like use the gym, And like I remember, like for me, I would I think I had one shower at the gym in my entire life, Like I was, like, I can't shower at a gym. I'm not doing the whole change room and the locker room. And then they've got gyms with like the hair dryers and everything like that, and people would you do the entire routine at the gym? I could never do that. I was that person who was like, I can't stand there and use the hair drum. I'm going home and having a shower and then like working that into my routine.
Speaker 1: So there's this one. I don't know the name of it. Maybe we can look it up. But in Brisbane there's this new world class gym. Have you seen it? No, it's like ridiculously expensive, like it may as well be. Yeah, this is it, Okay, Total Fusion Platinum, Brisbane's new eighty million dollar wellness place. It's got fucking trees in the middle of it. Like if you scroll up, there's a photo there. Look at those trees in the middle of the gym, and it's like got bryo machine, led machine, ice fucking machine. It's like a fancy hotel. I feel like if that was in Nui, which it never would be because look at it, I'd fucking go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. True. Well, when I first moved to Sydney, I was like, I'm gonna change my life, and you know, I signed up to Virgin Active and.
Speaker 1: That's pretty nice too. Are we able to look up the price of a membership for this place as well?
Speaker 2: Like Total Fusion, I did Virgin Active and I lasted maybe ten weeks and then canceled because I was like, why am I paying so much money? It was so so much money to I have looked at a couple gyms though, but a lot of them don't want to put their membership prices online. They want you in the door on the phone, because if they all put their memberships online, everyone to just go to the cheapest one.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, true, there's a reddit thread here for the Total Fusion gym because maybe they don't have their prices listed fifty to seven dollars a fortnite, forty to seventy dollars a week, and put seventy four dollars a fortnight that I feel like that's I thought it was more from what I saw. Maybe they're the cheapest ones, but it's like hundreds of dollars a week for this.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, Like for some people, that could be a tax rite off, right, if you're a personal trainer and you go to that gym, like you could claim that on tax. So maybe it's a business expense to have the expensive one. I don't know. If you really take your health that seriously, you know, it would be really beneficial. I guess I feel like.
Speaker 1: I'd want to go to this total fusion gym just to say that I fucking go there.
Speaker 2: It does look nice.
Speaker 1: Oh it looks like it's a five star hotel.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I did Virgin Active because I thought, oh, you know, because they had like the swimming pool, the sauna, they had all the things. They had a rock climbing wall, and I was like, oh, I can't wait to use all that. What do you think I did? I was paying seventy five dollars a week or whatever it was to walk on the treadmill.
Speaker 1: That would be me.
Speaker 2: I just didn't really use it to its full advantage. So then I canceled. And I always I've had to cancel a few gyms in my life and they don't want you to leave, do they. It's like there's no because when the one that I was on the Central Coast, and then when I moved to Sydney, I had to cancel and they were like they were like trying to say, oh, don't you reckon. You could just still come up, and I'm going I'm not driving an hour and a half on the freeway to come walk on a treadmill, darling, Like please just cancel my membership and let's get on with it.
Speaker 1: It's saying here that the gym, well, the membership cost is little higher than your typical gym, starting at fifty five dollars a week. I feel like that's a normal price for a gym.
Speaker 2: Really, fifty five dollars a week. Yeah, oh my gosh. They must have gone up because on the Coast I was paying six to ninety five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is ones like that, but I feel like for what that is, like there's a fucking snow room that you can go into.
Speaker 2: I think I paid eleven ninety five at Planet Fitness, and I loved it at the time because you could. Included in your membership was obviously the gym, but then there were no classes from memory, there were originally, but then they changed the structure to be more American and there were no classes, but they had like hydro massages and massage chairs and free fake tanning included, and I got a fake tan twice. That's the only time I've ever faked tanned was twice there and all of that included. I think that's still included in the membership. It might be more expensive these days, but yeah, I do a bit.
Speaker 1: Of girl math though, so I like, I don't believe that that place is fifty five dollars. Any of you that are in Brisbane, can you give us the tea please? Is it really fifty five dollars? Because I swear it was a lot more at Total Fusion Gym. But I do a bit of girl math, so I just say if it is fifty five dollars a week, which is a lot, but if you go five times, it's ten dollars every time you go, and I feel that's not so bad. But when it is when gyms are ten bucks a week, then obviously, yeah, fifty five is a lot more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I need to know they've got on offer.
Speaker 1: Total Fusion someone do There's no pricing on their website. That's fucking shady, isn't it?
Speaker 2: You know what? Speaking of like working out and whatnot. I a couple months ago. This is a random tangent, but I made the switch to natural geodorant. Do you have natural geodont or what do you air? No?
Speaker 1: But I've wanted to try it, but I haven't taken that plunge because all I hear is that it makes you fucking reak.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is what is the most surprising thing about the whole thing. I have not experienced any of that.
Speaker 1: Do you want to do a shout out to the brand that you're using.
Speaker 2: So the first brand that I used was I think called Sultan's Stone, and I only started using it because I got it in a goodie bag after an event. And then I also had a couple of weeks preparing for my live shows and thought, well, now is the perfect time to kind of do this transition because I was like, I feel like I've been using spray deodorant with aluminium in it for years and years in my whole life, so I was like, it might be a detox process. So I was really scared about how stinky the process would be. A week in, I was like, oh, this is like amazing, there's been no detox process, but maybe I need to wait like three four weeks for it to really kick in. It's now been a couple of months. I haven't experienced that at all.
Speaker 1: What one are you using in now?
Speaker 2: So now I'm using Wild.
Speaker 1: Okay. I wanted to try it because yeah, I'm too scared, but I want to because I keep seeing videos pop up on TikTok about how bad deodorant actually is for us. And I've been using the same deodorant my whole life, and I swear by my one that I use is the Dove Original, like you know, the white with the blue roll on, Like that's just my go to. I do I have to roll on?
Speaker 2: Does roll on have like aluminium in it? Because that's sure that I wanted to like get out of it.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: I saw a TikTok the other day of a natural path in a shopping like aisle going through what one's bad and what ones are good, and they held up like the double one.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh shit, that's me. Well, I will say it definitely doesn't last as long, so I do find I need to reapply, Okay, Like with the spray ones, I could go all day without reapplying deodorant and I wouldn't smell, whereas now it's like five six hours and I'm like it's a bit pongy. I could go I could do a.
Speaker 1: How fucking weird is it that our armpits smell? Like? What the fuck?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Like behind my knees don't smell? Is it because our arms are shut and it's down all day like it's just con.
Speaker 2: But I I think the other thing as well is I have noticed that I don't smell if I don't wear a deodorant and I'm not going out and not wearing deodorant. But I mean like if I wake up and I just spend the day at home and I'm doing things around the house, I haven't put deodoran on, but I don't smell.
Speaker 1: Could it be our deodorants that are making a smell.
Speaker 2: I've got no idea, But all I wanted to say with this, The reason I brought this up is because I've switched to natural deodorant and the process actually was not stinky. There was no detox process, there was no there was literally nothing to worry about. And sometimes I only wear the deodorant and no perfume or fragrance, cologne, whatever, and people compliment like the way that I smell, and.
Speaker 1: You're like, it's my arm pi literally, So it's really changed my life, and everyone get out there and try it. I'm gonna try it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm happy with the natural deodorance. That's my that's mine. It's not a royal flush, but it's my favorite thing of the week or the last couple of months that I've done for myself. I switched to natural deodorance, so highly recommend.
Speaker 1: Kicking things off with our royal flush. Matt and I have got why royal flush, which literally has just landed in our DM.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 1: So a couple of episodes ago, my royal flush of the week was Basic Income walk who I still don't know his name? Dan? Okay, Dan, love you those of you if you don't listen closely enough. My royal flush was this guy named Dan who is on TikTok and Instagram and he's walking from the southernmost point of Australia up to the top and it's taking him six months. Anyway, here's my royal flush. And then on his walk, he we thought he fell off a cliff, but he actually just got stuck and then had to get rescued. Anyway, why are you laughing, Matt?
Speaker 2: We thought he fell off Why you just casually said that.
Speaker 1: Anyway, he's fine and he's continuing his walk and he's actually in Sydney. Now by the time this is out, he's probably even further than Sydney. He might be in NEWI who knows well he has sent us a video. Why do you have no reaction to that?
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I'm trying to look for my royal flush of the week.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's play the video.
Speaker 4: Gooday Britain, Matt, how are we doing? Staniel from basically Income Walk And I just want to say thanks for the high phrase and for the concern. It was great to hear the live reaction to the national incident. I also wanted to give a good shout out to Tiff and Kim for sending me that Cliff. I honestly listened to it like fifteen times, and I wish I was exaggerating, but anyway, I just want to let you know I'm okay.
Speaker 2: So the back on my feet, I got my gear back together.
Speaker 4: Thanks some donations from some really generous followers, and I'll definitely be sticking to the bath from now on.
Speaker 1: Oh well, insat the audio so it sounds a bit better because this iPhone is on its fucking last legs. What the hell? Like, I can't even hear that. Well, that is my absolute royal flush of the week. The fact that he said he listened to the part of our podcast like fifteen times and our live reaction to the news.
Speaker 2: That is so fun. I love that.
Speaker 1: I literally was watching his videos last night. He's like back to posting as usual. So slagh Dan and thank you to Tiff and Kim. I think he said who actually sent him our podcast?
Speaker 2: Obsessed with that? Oh that's fun. Yeah, I love that. I wonder if he wears natural deodorant. Anyway, I have one of those Reddit things as my royal flush. Oh yeah of the week, you know how I said. I saw it on TikTok. Like people post the reddit thread and then some of the responses. I did a similar royal flush like this, you know, a few months ago, and I've got one that's really juicy and I thought we could talk about. So the reddit thread was what's your secret that could literally ruin your life if it came out? And then there's all screenshots from people's responses. Some of the responses are, ah, what, like I'll start with a funny one. I don't know how this secret would ruin your life, but anyway, I once took a shit in the bathtub and then realizing what a horrible mistake i'd made, I flung poo into a random hole in the wall. What my parents renovated and patched up the hole. So now there is a fifteen year old turd in between the bathroom and kitchen wall of my childhood home.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't ruin his life if it.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't ruin his life. But that's probably a funny one. This one is Everyone thinks I have a good job and roommates, but I've been homeless and a sex worker for over a year. That wouldn't ruin your life, would it? I don't know claim that. Yeah, you know, this one's creepy. I once helped out my female friend's family by taking care of their cat for a week, and every day for that week, I would go over there and snoop around their house. I found my friend's diary and proceeded to read the entire thing, and I use this information to get her to like me, and she is currently my wife.
Speaker 1: No, that would ruin his life if that came out. That's like life ruining what the reading?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I cannot imagine.
Speaker 1: If you just happen to stumble across someone's journal or diary by accident, you're fucking shunning that thing as soon as you read that first sentence and you realize what it is. Yeah, like, respectfully, you're not reading someone's fucking diary.
Speaker 2: That is wild. But this one is probably my favorite, and the one, well not my favorite, but the one that got me the most because I was like, wow, this actually is crazy because obviously there are many missing people in the world. People are missing all the time, and there are lots of people where like their cases have never been solved. And I know of this guy that was from the similar area to me, and his story has always fascinated me because he just disappeared literally without a trace, and there is no evidence and no one knows anything, and he's still missing to this day and has been missing for years. And no one knows where this guy is. And because he's like around my age and we had mutual friends and stuff like that, Like the story has always been it's in the back of my mind. I think about it all the time, like where is this guy? And this is a confession that someone wrote on the Reddit thread. It says, I cut off all contact with everyone that I know and moved to Kenya. I now have a fake name and a fake background and have made it a pear to my family that I died on a boat trip in the Pacific. I am technically dead in the United States. That blew my mind. I was like, imagine, how like so.
Speaker 1: Obviously, like if you really wanted to, you could just disappear off the face of the earth if you're moving to another country. But like, for example, if I wanted to do that, Let's say, like i just had enough of this life and everyone in it, I'm going to go move overseas and have a new identity. How do you get to the other country without using your passport?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I that's what I have questions for about this.
Speaker 1: Like, clearly, you can just move to any country that you want. I guess you could, like you could fly to a country and yeah, that would be on your records with your passport. But then if you just country hopped through countries that are like near each other without having to then fly again, like you could quite literally disappear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know how. See, I've never actually done that. I've never gone from country to country landlocked.
Speaker 1: Even then, do you have to still show your passport borders and stuff? That's like key, So they must be going somewhere getting a fake fucking passport and everything, like going to that.
Speaker 2: Length or going in illegally. Yeah, just walking through.
Speaker 1: That's dedication to fucking ditch and everyone in your life.
Speaker 2: But the first thing that came because one of the first things that one of my friends said when that boy went missing, my friend was like, but some people just do that. Some people just get up and uproot their whole life and start fresh somewhere else. And I couldn't fathom that, Like I was like, I just that's.
Speaker 1: Wild to think that you can do that, Like, if you genuinely wanted to, and you knew how to plan, you could just do that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could. I think I'd have to tell everyone first, and you're like, sorry, I'm actually going and I'm actually going to change everything about myself, so love you all. We'll have a going away party and then I'll disappear and you'll never hear from me again.
Speaker 5: You could do that if you wanted to, which is wild day, But it's just it's just makes me so sad that that person has a family who thinks that they are dead from a boating accident or whatever he said or they said.
Speaker 2: Blows my mind me too. So although maybe not my favorite thing on the internet this week, It's definitely the thing that captivated me the most, so it still warrants being my royal flush.
Speaker 1: Here's a question for you, Matt. Would you ever get frozen frozen frozen coke?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So would you when you die, ever get your body body body body frozen in a chamber because maybe science could bring you back later on down the track.
Speaker 2: I think that that's not how it works. I think if you dared and you get frozen, you wouldn't get frozen.
Speaker 1: Maybe we need to look more into this because I saw this video on TikTok and the first Australian has been frozen.
Speaker 2: Yes you sent this to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think they had to. I don't think they're getting frozen to death.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are. Are they to watch the full video? They said the whole They explained the whole process.
Speaker 1: Oh, I maybe missed that bit. I thought they like just died and they're freezing their body in hopes that they can be brought back one day.
Speaker 2: No, they were.
Speaker 1: They chose to be frozen to death.
Speaker 2: Yes, in the name of science, they've chosen to be frozen to death. Right, And they had a goodbye to all their friends and family, because obviously the whole thing is.
Speaker 1: Do you have to be like terminally ill to do this?
Speaker 2: It's voluntary. I looked into it because this sort of stuff blows my mind. Yeah. Right, So if you haven't heard, as brit said, the first Australian has been frozen in the hopes that they will be able in the future to be resurrected by science and live, you know, a couple hundred years in the future, right.
Speaker 1: That would be wild. Can you imagine if like science, I'm surprised, you know what, I'm going to go out and say, I'm surprised this hasn't already happened, and that it's like a full fucking thing with how far technology is going. Like I know Elon Musk is really hated, so I just have to do that little disclaimer. But did you see that chip thing that he's created that he you put it inside a human and they're trying to do it so that people who have their limbs are no longer in use can become usable again. And a guy got the chip put into him and he's paralyzed, but he can use his mind now and move a cursor on a screen using his mind because of Elon Musk's chip, and there's a full video look it up. And he's sitting there and there's like a computer screen in front of him, and the mouse is moving across and clicking on stuff, and he's going, I'm literally controlling this with my mind.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So I think, like I believe in this fucking frozen to death shit to be brought back later. And how wild would that be to come back in like two hundred years, How different the world would be? Right, and you're still stuck in twenty twenty four, right, I see.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could get frozen, because I think that would be the worst part about it, is just missing two hundred years and then stumbling into a reality that you are not in any way, because imagine two hundred years ago. Oh to now imagine someone from Britain in two hundred years ago, let's say, getting unfrozen today, you would lose your fucking mind.
Speaker 1: I reckon. They'd almost have to fully set these people up for success in the future. And maybe they are unfrozen into maybe they've got like suburbs or cities or states or whatever where you get reborn back into kind of thing and then you're slowly introduced to the world because it'll be such a shock to fast forward two hundred years. But like with how crazy and wild science is and technology and AI and all this shit, like I'm surprised. I will not be surprised if this becomes a full on thing, And I'll be surprised maybe not in our lifetime, but in the future. If they can figure out a way to make humans live fucking forever. Yeah, like by turning us into fucking robots or AI or whatever it is, I will not be surprised because technology is whe would.
Speaker 2: You opt in for that living forever? I wouldn't. I want to sounds I could terminate at any time and so I've had enough, see you later.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's the tricky thing, because like you would want to say yes to living forever, because no one really wants their life to end, but it's like a guarantee for all of us. But when you actually think about it, can you imagine living forever? Like it would never fucking end, Like you are going about your day to day forever anyone, so.
Speaker 2: To just keep getting older and older Because I think if they could slow down the aging.
Speaker 1: What if you could stay this age forever.
Speaker 2: See, I'm already geriatric though in some parts of my body. Like, look at all the issues I've already had this year, and.
Speaker 1: I've if they could make it a superhuman and like you never got disease. But then even then, like wouldn't you get over it, especially if you're just still living the day to day and like working living is That's the.
Speaker 2: Thing I think with inflation, imagine in two hundred years how much everything's going to cost you.
Speaker 1: Actually, you get fucking over it, even though like it fucking is so shit that we all die. I know I'm going down this hole. It makes fucking sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Sure, like life is short and way too short for some, but like, could we really live forever?
Speaker 2: I guess I've never really thought about that.
Speaker 1: I think about this shit all the time. It is what keeps me up at night.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See I try not to think about death. I really that whatever way I die is not painful, you know.
Speaker 1: And I see this really gets me going, Matt because I will be laying in bed with a Jay and I look at him and look at me, and like, one day we are definitely going to be dead one day. I'm either gonna have to go to his funeral or he's gonna have to go to mine. And that is a guarantee for all of us.
Speaker 2: Unless you die together, that would be the.
Speaker 1: Best, you know what I mean though, Like it's a guarantee. And this is why I just have this mentality of do whatever the fuck you want in life, and like, who gives a fuck? Because today is it. We're all definitely going to die one day.
Speaker 2: Wow, someone's seen dancing queen.
Speaker 1: We literally are, though, And that's like a guarantee. Doesn't matter who you are. Death doesn't fucking discriminate. Yeah, you're definitely going to die, and that's fucked.
Speaker 2: So would you would you freeze yourself to death to hopefully come back later, because I'm assuming then when they resurrect you, you won't be living for very long.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It fucking depends. Yeah, if you don't know the outcome, it's not a guarantee, you know. Like I feel like, when I die, I definitely want to donate all my organs, like because why do I need them? But then if you're doing this frozen thing, you're not donating your organs but you could be saving someone else's life by donating your organs, which you definitely don't need once you're dead.
Speaker 2: But also, if they're freezing the organs, could the organs be used at a later date too, even if they can't be brought back. I'll give you the details from that video that you sent me, So basically, this is how it works if you're curious scrollers. So, the bodies are put into cooling chambers at minus one hundred and ninety degrees celsius, and those cooling chambers are actually full of liquid nitrogen, and so they also the death is a four day process, so you are they're out of it. They get you know, they go to sleep, but the death actually takes place. It takes four days for the body to actually die.
Speaker 1: A movie in the future is going to come out about this shit and how wrong it all went.
Speaker 2: Right. Yeah, So, then after they've been cooled to minus one hundred and ninety degrees, which I'm assuming is frozen, but I don't know. But it's nitrogen, so maybe nitrogen doesn't freeze. I don't know how that works. But anyway, the body is then transported into a vacuum sealed cryostat and then it Oh sorry, I said four days. It actually takes six days to freeze them completely and the death process to happen. So the reason they think this is possible is because they've done it with frogs and fish, that frogs and fish have been frozen and unfrozen and fully come back to life.
Speaker 1: How are we anything like fish?
Speaker 2: Though? Well, I don't know. I mean we all have things that are similar similar. I mean, frogs and humans are probably really close in some aspects, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Have you heard that thing by the way, that it's like you're either a frog or a rat?
Speaker 2: Yes? I reckon, what are you?
Speaker 1: I think I'm a rat?
Speaker 2: Really? Am I giving rat? I think I.
Speaker 1: Feel like you could be either. I think you might be more rat, but I could see maybe frog Ellie.
Speaker 2: Is giving frog?
Speaker 1: Yeah you're frog.
Speaker 2: You're giving frog? Ellie? I reckon, you're Can you lean to the side so I can take a good look at your face, please, Brittany, No, like lean to the side away from the microphone.
Speaker 1: Rat for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is giving ratt too, And I don't think it's like one's worse than the other.
Speaker 1: I think it's no, they're equal and if anything.
Speaker 2: Just glanced over it you maybe you are rat.
Speaker 1: Any of you. I don't know what we're talking about. By the way, humans either look like a rog or a frat.
Speaker 2: No right, a roger, a frat or a frat. That's the best thing you've ever said.
Speaker 1: Fucking hell, I'm done. Put me in the fucking frozen crime.
Speaker 2: So anyway back to this, scientists say it's never going to be possible. Like the scientists who are actually there today being scientists right now in Australia are like, this is the dumbest thing ever and it will not work ever in our not in our lifetime, not in any lifetime. They believe that it will never work. So they think it's silly. But these these people who are freezing, these people, they think it's going to work. Fifty Australians have signed up to take part in this process. They're obviously only frozen one so far. It was a success. Apparently. I don't know how they measure that success, but that's how it worked. Fifty Australians have signed up to do it. It also costs one hundred and fifty thousand dollars to actually do the process, So you've got to be like, hello, I'd like to risk coming back to life later I know I might die. Also, here's one hundred and fifty grand to do this process.
Speaker 1: Look, I want to say I want to get behind it, because I'm all for that, like technology and AI and robots and all this shit. But I don't think I'm going to spend one hundred and fifty grand to do that, especially because Jesus, especially because that's the way that you're ending your life kind of thing. Like it's it'd be different maybe if you die of old age or whatever then they freeze you, because then you wouldn't know. But like, going through this whole thing sounds traumatic.
Speaker 2: I feel like if I'm ninety five and I die from old age and then some motherfucker brings me back five years later and unfreezes me and goes, well, welcome back, I'd go kill me again. Love, I've had an up, Like I'm like at the point where I'm like, this is what I mean, Like I wish you could like tap out painlessly, you know. I feel like once you get to a certain age, you just kind of like a it sounds you're just waiting to die. Really, you get to the pell point where you know your body might be so frail and you can't really like you can't even go to the shops without maybe being in pain.
Speaker 1: You can't go to the toilet, you can't shower. It's sad.
Speaker 2: You just get to that point, Like I'd love to be like, all right, I think this is the it for me. I'm no longer able to travel, I'm no longer able to do anything, blah blah blah. I'd like to just press the button.
Speaker 1: Well, that's like in South Australia, is it the assisted youth in Asia became legal?
Speaker 2: I think I think South Wales we may have passed it as well. I know Alex Greenwich was trying to get that passed and I'm pretty sure we did. See.
Speaker 1: I'm all for that because I always think, oh.
Speaker 2: There you go. Voluntary assisted dying is legal in all Australian states, which is googled.
Speaker 1: It is available in limited circumstances to people who meet the eligibility criteria discussed. Yeah, I'm all for that, Like, especially if you are at that stage in life where you are just essentially like waiting around to die, like as sad and grim as that is we're talking about some rim things on this.
Speaker 2: I know it's this episode's heavy, maybe we need a trigger warning at the start. But what I will say about this is you have to have, as it says, there's an eligibility criteria. You can't just walk in and be like, pleas let it happen, Like you need to already have a terminal illness or Yeah.
Speaker 1: But like when our pets get so ill, or like when they like break bones and they can't be repaired or whatever, like the first thing the vets do is go, well, we're unfortunately going to have to put this pet down. But the fact that we're only just getting onto it for humans now, I feel like it's a little bit delayed.
Speaker 2: What you're like.
Speaker 1: I mean, like it's so cruel that like if you are fortunate enough that you get to a really old age where you are going to die simply from just old age or whatever, that you can't have to live through that for so long. Like, even though you obviously never want your loved ones to die, is it really that great to live through like fifteen years of them essentially just disintegrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think like with my granddad, my granddad got to a point as well, because he had battled cancer for so many years that he ended up just being like, can we stop trying to fix this, Like, let's just let nature take its course, because I'm a bit over the whole process.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm like, you know, I've always wondered as well. Like, just so, people are in their nineties or whatever and they are like that where it's kind of taking over. Do you think that they feel like they have lived long enough?
Speaker 2: I guess it depends on the person, And I guess it depends on their circumstances, because remember, like them, what was drilled into their head growing up was like to live life to the fullest, you need to have a good job. Yeah, Whereas like we're like, no, we want to travel, we want to do everything.
Speaker 1: We want to go everywhere, So maybe we will feel more fulfilled.
Speaker 2: Well, I think we'll feel less fulfilled because we won't be able.
Speaker 1: To do all the puse because of inflation.
Speaker 2: We won't be able to travel everywhereveryone too, because things are too expensive. We won't be able to get the dream job or have the dream salary or anything like that.
Speaker 1: So the dreams were much smaller bout, so they made maybe feel more Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting, what a random, heavy topic to talk about. Did you know, by the way, that we learned, thanks to our producer Elie, that frozen the Disney film Because obviously Walt Disney was frozen in the hopes to be resurrected in the future. I'm pretty sure he died first though, didn't he Like he died and then they froze him, right, So that was a little bit different to this process we're talking about that's happened in Australia. But anyway, the movie Frozen that we all know and love, apparently that was meant to have a different name. And then they realized that if they named the movie Frozen, that when people Google searched Walt Disney Frozen, the movie would come up, and not the fact that he has had himself is frozen. He's frozen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what the hell?
Speaker 2: And that's the thing, Like everyone would google Walt Disney Frozen and like his frozen body body would be the search results. But now if you type in Walt Disney Frozen and it's.
Speaker 1: The movie, let it go. Let it go.
Speaker 2: We've just done a little Google BBC. Click that first link for me, please, because it says it's an urban myth. But I thought it was real, but it says it. Could there be any truth to it? I guess we don't. Maybe we don't know. Oh, I'm looking now, it's meant to be. It's like a conspiracy theory. I didn't even know this, and you know I love my conspiracy theories. I heard once that he was meant to be frozen underneath the ground at Disneyland. It says, well, Walt Disney was a strange man who was definitely interested in the future and potentially preoccupied with his own demise. There is no clear evidence to back up the claim that he is frozen and buried in any kind of undisclosed location, the most popular rumor being under Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. Wow, I didn't know that. I thought it was underneath his statue in the main strip. But there you go. Fair enough, Okay. I've like spent my life believing that this was real, and now it says. Walt Disney died on December fifteen, nineteen sixty six, of complications related to the surgery he had undergone for lung cancer, and then the funeral was only attended by family. It was very small and private. Disney stated while alive that he specifically avoided going to funerals whenever he could help it, and he didn't want a funeral of his own. That was his wish. Apparently, two biographies that were written about Walt Disney cited Disney's interest in cryogenics, but have since been widely discredited for this. Okay, so this must be fake. This whole time, I've been sitting here thinking Walt Disney is frozen under Disneyland.
Speaker 1: And conspiracy and it's actually a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: Okay. Interesting. Well, it's disappointing because, like before this Australian guy, I thought Walt Disney was maybe one of the only people in the world to have done this, and evidently I'm wrong. Check your facts.
Speaker 1: Why is it so freezing in here all of a.
Speaker 2: Sudden, Well, because we're talking about being frozen.
Speaker 1: Is anybody else surprise, bitch, surprise?
Speaker 2: Bring in the cryo machines?
Speaker 1: Is anything else cold in here all of a sudden?
Speaker 2: No, you're just getting haunted by Walt Disney's frozen ghost.
Speaker 1: Probably this is a grim episode of High Scrollers. It's not even October we can't say it's like a halloween, spooky Halloween.
Speaker 2: In June.
Speaker 1: I saw another TikTok the other day. I'll actually play it out loud for you. I do have it saved in my favorites. I didn't mean to say that, then, I.
Speaker 2: Hate that, you know how you you hate people saying just got back from gym. Yeah, I hate when people say you.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean to say that. Then it just came use or use people. Okay, listen to this.
Speaker 3: If your alarm clock didn't go off tomorrow morning, would you sleep past your alarm clock?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: And if the answer is yes, which for many people it will be, then you're not getting enough sleep. No other species as well, by the way, artificially terminates their sleep, but we humans will do it. We will wrench ourselves.
Speaker 2: Out of sleep.
Speaker 3: Truly, if you would sleep past that alarm time, then you're not done with sleep. Your body isn't done with sleep.
Speaker 1: Well, I saw that and I had to favorite it, and I had to mention on here, like whether that's facts or not, who knows, because it's a random person on a podcast. But I thought it was interesting to know. Well, obviously we are the only species that artificially terminates our sleep, Like, think of all animals and everything in the world. They just naturally have a sleep cycle. And apparently they just sleep whenever they want, Yeah, and then they wake up when they've had enough, whereas we humans, like if we're not waking up or sleeping, sleeping further, it's because apparently we.
Speaker 2: Need it, right, I've got what something for you? Yeah, even though technically the species probably don't artificially and they're sleep. There are alarm clocks in the wild, like roosters rooster for the farm animals. M So that's it an alarm.
Speaker 1: But how's the rooster waken up? This is like the chicken or the egg? What came first? How's the rooster waken up? What's his alarm?
Speaker 2: Well, the roosters just live in his life, and I don't think we should judge him, but I think he's an alarm for the shape and the cows.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I think he is. But it does make sense.
Speaker 2: But then they can just sleep whenever, can't they.
Speaker 1: I've still yeah, but I've still got my theory. I know we've spoken about sleep and alarms before. On did we speak about alarms? And everything waken up that first time. Yeah, so I don't want to go down that track again. The other thing that comes to mind with that as well is like I think as humans, we can definitely oversleep, Like just say, we don't set an alarm and you just keep sleeping and you wake up a bit and then you sleep more. Like I think we can very easily oversleep. But I honestly think our body does tell us when we've had enough sleep because of those times that you wake up before that alarm, like we mentioned before, like this morning, I didn't have my alarm set until seven, but at six o'clock boom, my eyes opened and I thought, that's enough sleep for men. That's your body telling you. In those times when you wake up a little bit earlier, I can that's your body saying that's enough. But then we choose to go back to sleep, you know. So I don't know what to think of this guy's video.
Speaker 2: I wish I could just never set an alarm. See I'm thinking though. See his question was if I didn't set an alarm this morning, would I would I sleep longer than it or whatever how you put it. So last night, when I was going to bed, This is so weird that you've brought this up, because last night, when I was going to bed, I obviously knew we had to film this podcast today, record this podcast today. When I went to sleep last night, I went, I could just not put an alarm on. I reckon i'd wake up. And then I went, well, I better put the alarm on, and luckily it did wake me up. But I was like, surely my body knows on a Monday, I.
Speaker 1: Think it is like all about routine. Obviously, your routine's a bit more out of whack because you don't have like a consistent go to sleep part of me and wake up time. Whereas I used to be that way too when I didn't work full time, because I couldn't ever fall asleep at the same time every night. But now because I do have a routine and I know all of our staff start at eight o'clock every morning, like my body now wakes up when I never used to be able to do that when I was not in that routine. Like I think our bodies genuinely learn a routine. Yeah, now I can't fucking sleep in on the weekend. It's like boom, I'll wake again.
Speaker 2: Oh really, see. I slept in on the weekend and it was amazing. I slept till ten.
Speaker 1: I would love to every Friday night. I'm like time past and.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is amazing. I haven't done this in years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I wish I could do that every Friday night, Like I'm got to sleep in tomorrow. Aj nut boom you reckon. Yeah, like you're in a routine.
Speaker 2: Why don't you gonna get some sleeping pills or something.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like I get enough sleep, Like if I'm going to bed at eleven, you complain about no sleepings because I just want to be one time.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you know, well, I'll give you some of my one of my sleeping pills.
Speaker 1: But then I think I would feel worse. This is my whole thing, because I'd be oversleep.
Speaker 2: To be fair, they make me feel absolutely ridiculous, Like if I take one, I've got to I've got it. As soon as I wake up, I've got to sit up. Then I stumble to the shower and have a real cold shower.
Speaker 1: I had those melf melotonin.
Speaker 2: This is a real ship. I'll give you the ones that bring it at the brink of death, right, I pop two of them. It says, no more than one, I pop two. I'm floating on fucking mars. It is beautiful, not encouraging anyone to take sleeping people like shit. But the next day, you know, in the entertainment industry, as someone who with a DJ, a drag queen, a comedian, all the rest of it, sometimes you gotta run on sleeping pills and red Bull. And that's that was well cried for me. You got to do that. You gotta do what you got to do. So there you go. I highly recommend, but I'm not a doctor, so make your own decisions.
Speaker 1: Well that is another episode done and dusted, and a grim one at that. I feel a bit who after that.
Speaker 2: Friends, if you want something fun, we'll talk about fun stuff in close friends. Yeah. Sorry, everyone's sorry, but you know what. You know what to do. Subscribe notifications we upload every Tuesday, Friday, all the rest of it. Share it with a friend, tell them.
Speaker 1: How how grem we are.
Speaker 2: So I just listened to the worst podcast. You should definitely have a listened to it.
Speaker 1: It's all about death and critical thinking. We're making people think about their lives and hopefully you will get out there and fucking make today awesome. That's the whole point.
Speaker 2: We always say we're not trying to change the world with this podcast, but maybe today's episode we are. Yeah. I love when you get deep and critical. It's really weird to see you do that, but it's good.
Speaker 1: It's a shit I talk about all the time, not on social media, but like to a Jay, the poor thing.
Speaker 2: You're a little conspiracy theorist in your own and you haven't really let us into that world. One day I'll extract it out of you, all right, can't wait. Museums are fake anyway, Love ya, see you when I see ya. Also, I'm doing another self promo. Sorry for the shows, because my comedy shows are coming around the country in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Okay, get your ticket.
Speaker 2: And we sold out Brisbane, so we sold out two shows in Brisbane, put on another show. We sold out Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne. We put on another show in every city going when you go to perse Yeah, there's still tickets for this Friday in Sydney if you're listening to this when this goes live, so get your tickets, come and see Dancing Queen. I'm also not going to Newcastle or Willongong the central coast, so you'll have to come down to trip I did. People. Honestly, it's like get a grip. It's at seven pm. You'll behind before ten. Let's sort it out people. Anyway, shows are selling out around the country, so come along. What did you ask?
Speaker 1: By the way, when you go to Perth, I really want to go to Perth again.
Speaker 2: Well, come to Perth and we'll check out some fate locations.
Speaker 1: How long are you going to be in Perth those I'm.
Speaker 2: Only staying for one extra day. So I'm staying a few extra days around some cities around the country. About Perth Perth, I'm only staying till the day afternoon. How many nights so I think I fly in on the Friday.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not long enough.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry. I fly in on the Saturday, do a show to two shows Saturday night, doing a double header, which.
Speaker 1: Is crazy, and then you go home Monday each other and.
Speaker 2: Then I go home Monday because I want to go see some Perth things because last time I went to Perth, we didn't. I was on a big national tour with like your ten Emojo and your Nash Grea and all the big Tyler pleas and whatnot.
Speaker 1: That's still not long enough. I'm not fucking coming if I'm only going for two nights, all right, Well, some of.
Speaker 2: Us are busy, so you've got to do what you've got to do anyway, Buy a ticket to my show. Do you want to give anyone a fake discount?
Speaker 1: Nah, I'm gonna save it for another episode.
Speaker 2: Too many people use the last one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they said to be broke.
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough.
Speaker 2: You don't get in one this week anyway, dull, I better let you go. There's a rog on a frat waiting for me outside