Speaker 1: Welcome to the Lake Debate.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Not So Late Debate. I'm Liz Storer and I'm so glad you've joined us this evening. And on my left and right you will see mister Joe Hildebrand Gabriella.
Speaker 1: Power joining us this evening.
Speaker 2: Coming up tonight, we've got a cracker show. Our Sky News favorite Nationals MP Keith Pitt is bidding farewell to Parliament. Very sorry to see him go. He's one of the good ones. Labour's new anti New Clear ad takes hysterics to an all new high, claiming that nuclear power will cause cancer, strokes and heart attacks.
Speaker 1: This is not a joke. You've got to stick around for this.
Speaker 2: It'll be gracing your own screens. Shortly, an Environment Minister Tanya Plivsk under fire for claiming that Late hasn't approved any new coal mines. All that coming up, but first today, the Victorian Liberal Party met in Parliament to decide whether Moira Deeming's membership should be reinstated. You would be very familiar with the story of Moira Deeming. She was attending a rally in March of last year called Let Women Speak. It was all to do with women's rights. The rally was gate crash by a pile of nut job neo Nazis and weirdly, literally without any foundation. The leader of the Victorian Liberals, John Persudo, decided to penalize her by kicking her out of the party, claiming that she had something to do with these neo Nazis, that in fact, she had Neo Nazi sympathies. As you will recall, also, just a week ago, Moira won her case against John Pursuto, with a judge ruling that there was absolutely no foundation to these nonsense claims that she had anything to do with the neo Nazis who had gate crashed a rally she was attending.
Speaker 1: And yet, would you believe it, the vote.
Speaker 2: In the Victorian Liberal Party room to restore her membership this morning did.
Speaker 1: Not get up.
Speaker 2: The vote was tied fourteen fourteen, and John Pursuto, talk about a man who can't simply say sorry when he's so comprehensibly been proven wrong.
Speaker 1: He used his casting vote to.
Speaker 2: Make it fifteen fourteen, therefore meaning Moiradeeming's membership will not be restored to the Liberal Party. The Parliamentary Liberal Party, Gabby I cannot believe this move.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he even.
Speaker 2: Got fourteen votes deciding No, you've just been told by a judge you don't have a leg to stand on John Persudo's costs. He's got to give More Redeeming, not only three hundred thousand dollars, but he's got to couple her legal fees. We're being told this bill could in total come to about two million dollars.
Speaker 3: We're going to come up with that.
Speaker 4: But no, he's a dead man walking, and I'll be so pleased to see him go. The way he's treated More Redeeming has just been appalling. This is all John Pursudo's falt. He started this entire sarga. He kicked her out of the party, he lost in the court case that was handed down last week.
Speaker 3: He refused to apologize.
Speaker 4: He's had every opportunity to make up for his mistakes, to embrace her, to let her back in. And this is clearly dispersonal. This is about his egos, about his pride. He doesn't want to keep someone like more Redeeming at her back in the party where she has just been. She has shown true leadership every step of the way throughout the last year, year and a half, however long this has been dragging on for you know, as I said that, the way she's been treated has just been appalling, and she's shown to be such a strong leader. But you know what John Pseudo is doing, it's just tearing the Liberal party apart, which is not a good thing for the Liberals when you've got a federal election coming up just around the corner.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's disgraceful.
Speaker 2: And this will definitely play into that, Joe, because victorians are watching this play out. If this is this is a man who just should eat humble pie.
Speaker 1: And yet I was astounded to find.
Speaker 2: Out he's got that much support in the party room. How many more people? What do they genuinely believe that she does have neo Nazi sympathies?
Speaker 1: Why else would you say no, even.
Speaker 2: Now we are standing by that she shouldn't be allowed back in, even that we know the premise on which she was kicked out is entirely false.
Speaker 5: Well, it's politics, so the facts have absolutely nothing to do with it. It is all about positioning. It is all about Perseudo's judgment. And again, every single step of the way, he was given two choices and you know two roads, one paved with gold with a beautiful rainbow at the end of it, and another one through a dark and spooky forest. And every single time he chose Plan B, he gets it wrong, and got it wrong every single time. He didn't need to even if he wanted to express his admonition or whatever of more redeeming. He could have made it known that he'd said that, you know that he didn't share her views, or distanced himself from or distance the actual party from her position, but let it come into the front. He could have done that. The thing is that in Victoria, obviously it is much more is much more of a left wing state. John Pursudo is from the moderate left faction of the Liberal Party. More redeeming is from another. The moderates have the numbers in the Victorian Liberal Party room. And so again he could have easily taken a far less severe action than actually kicking her out of the party. He overreacted. He seemed to react emotionally. I don't know if you thought he was getting all these trans votes off the Labor Party that would otherwise have gone.
Speaker 1: To Indeed, what does he think he's getting out of it?
Speaker 5: It's very difficult to say. I think I think it was just terrified of the Liberal Party being seen in the era of Dan Andrews, of the Liberal Party being seen as you know, reactionary or I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, seen now.
Speaker 5: And then then he goes to so then then more Deminic takes legal action against him. So then he then he basically defames her and says things that are not not able to be verified and not true. And of course again so he's he's sloppy with what he says. His testimony to the trial was criticized by the drug judge. But he's actually offered a chance to get out of the court case that is facing him. I think she offered to settle for something like eighty thousand bucks or ninety thousand bucks, I forget what it was. He knocks that back. He then goes to trial, goes to the court, goes to the case Losers is up it for three hundred thousand plus all the legal costs, God knows what they are. And then again still doesn't get it. And so we still still won't say sorry, still want to know you could have said, right, okay, well that's it. The law has made it clear. The just is, may I respect the justice system more as welcome back to the party. He doesn't do that. Instead, he goes around and saying, oh, no, this isn't going to affect me because I'm a fighter. I'm a fighter, which reminds me of Margaret Thatcher's great quote, which is, if you.
Speaker 1: Have to go around say their names in the same if.
Speaker 5: You have to go around that is, you have to go around telling people how strong you are, you're not very sure correct. In other words, if you have to tell people you're a fighter, you don't tell people you're a fighter exactly. You just fight and you decam. So he's stuffed up there and then right up until this vote, right, so it's fourteen all. Now, this is actually not this is actually a massive blow to his leadership because his majority in the party room is supposed to be a hell of a lot more than fourteen, and so this means that whole bunch of his supporters are turning away from him and going towards Maredeeming. Of course, by now is just a trojan horse for anyone but Persudo for screwing the leader. He's then got the fourteens vote, tied his one chance to save his leadership is to use his casting vote for a magnanimous gesture to say yes on my own volition, with my own vote, my own personal vote. I'm going to welcome Maradeeming back in the Liberal Party, and this will create peace in our time and we can now unite and focus on the one threat that should matter to us all. And what does he do? He votes against it? What does he think he is going on? Fifteen fourteen? He thinks that's going to be the end of the matter, votes against it, even when clearly all the momentum is on her side. You know, he shuts the tiny little shutters to the tsunami that's coming towards him and thinks, I'll just go back and watch it, Telly.
Speaker 3: Now that's that.
Speaker 5: And so again, every single step of the way, he has made the absolute wrong decision, not based on any facts, not even based on any morality, but based on his own best interests. So his judgment is so poor he is actually killing himself, killing his own leadership, as in the part of his stubborn.
Speaker 2: Would want such a man who has displayed such director to be premiere of Victoria.
Speaker 1: Goodness me, if there was any hope it.
Speaker 2: Is gone, but rumor has it both the left and the right of the Labor Party and Victoria are working on a new leadership team.
Speaker 1: Strength to their arm. Did I say liberal, you.
Speaker 3: Said Labor Party and the Labor Party.
Speaker 5: I'm also working on a new leadership team.
Speaker 3: But yes, they.
Speaker 2: Areship team in Victoria. Let's be honest, easy mistake to make staying in Victoria.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: A kindergarten has sent an email to parents saying we're not having Mother's Day and Father's Day anymore and a bid to be more inclusive. We're just going to have one day and call it Family Day, because you know it's really inclusive when you're excluding ninety seven percent of the population. The email read, Thus, next year, we'll be holding Family Day to honor all caregivers, all significant figures in your children's lives. Children will be encouraged to express gratitude and recognize those who play a supportive role in their lives. We won't be holding titled celebrations like Mother's Day or Father's Day, but we will have a fabulous family Day celebration. I am so sick of this scaddy, the erasure of mothers, fathers, anything gender specific. We saw this in the bill that Parliament recently passed regarding anyone under sixteen can't access social media.
Speaker 1: Not one mention of parents in that entire bill.
Speaker 2: We also know alban ezy ones universal daycare, give us your kids and get back to work asap, ladies. I really don't like what this government is doing. And the early childhood Management Services in Victoria is.
Speaker 1: Partly funded by the government. No surprises there.
Speaker 2: In terms of this erasure across the board of mothers and fathers.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense as well.
Speaker 4: So what the rest of Australia, the rest of the world get to celebrate Mother's Day, Father's Day except these kindergartens the then allowed to use the words mothers and fathers. It's actually disrespectful, you know, being a mother, being a father. Be probably one of them yet to become a mother, but it would be one of the most It's the most important job really in the world.
Speaker 3: People. I have so much pride to raise children.
Speaker 4: To have that taken away from you no longer allowed to be even not allowed to mention the words mothers and fathers.
Speaker 3: What's next? They even going to get rid of Family Day.
Speaker 4: It just seems like it's this slippery slope, and of course it's coming from Melbourne. I feel like nearly every one of these stories are we debate these issues.
Speaker 5: It's cultural Marxism, the home of cultural markets.
Speaker 1: It absolutely is.
Speaker 5: But it's crazy. I mean to be honest, I think the Mother's Day and Father's Day are a bit of a wank. And you know, it's just an excuse to do something.
Speaker 2: Now, you'll change your minds when your kids rolled, you can afford your presence.
Speaker 1: My dad loves.
Speaker 5: There, you go. It's just a waiting day. But again, just the idea that someone would see this as something that needs to be done just strikes me as someone who just does not have enough real problems, Like the idea, how can I make the world a better place? I know I'll get rid of Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Deliberately enforcing ideology on three and.
Speaker 1: Four year olds.
Speaker 5: It is so ridiculous. And so there's there's now going to be instead of Mother's Day and Father's Day, there's going to be two family days. So hey, kids, it's family Day the first and then.
Speaker 2: They're just handing the one, just having the ones, so they're harving the celebration.
Speaker 5: And then so everyone else. So the kids are going to go to their thing. It's going to be Mother's Day everywhere else but at the at Thedergartens, but at Eltham North, at s Heana Preschool, everyone's just going to go. It's just nothing and what the kids want to get your family.
Speaker 2: What's also what's really galling is that over half of the kindergartens that fall into the ECMS have already implemented this. So this email by Saint Helen's has brought it to everyone's attention Saint Helen.
Speaker 1: Or I should say, has brought it to everyone's attention.
Speaker 2: But ecms have come out and said, oh no, over over fifty percent of our kindergartens, our preschools have done this already.
Speaker 1: That's even worse. What do you mean that this.
Speaker 2: Is just something that you've rolled out whole sale on little minds. Absolutely no talk about it to the parent, who I'm sure hated. In fact, there have been plenty taken into their socials to say, how dare you raise us? I am my child's mother, I am my child's father. Who the heck do you think you are taking our day off us?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Also the grandmothers and the grandfathers that want to get around this as well.
Speaker 3: What they're not allowed to be part of it?
Speaker 5: Well, interestingly, Saint Helena's, if I'm not mistaken, Saint Helena was the mother of Constantine the Great, the first Christian Roman emperor, so she was.
Speaker 1: Very much f Elena would be robbing.
Speaker 5: She is the one who went to Jerusalem and mapped out the Via dollar Rosa. I think this is which is meant to be the path that Jesus took with the cross, which actually has no bearing on any historical evidence whatsoever. It wasn't actually the right path, but she just sort of walked around and said, oh, that looks nice.
Speaker 3: I don't bet it went there.
Speaker 5: And she's incredibly important to the Catholic Church as a mother, but she doesn't get any Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: It is just absolutely appalling.
Speaker 2: This is where we are now in the name of inclusivity. No mother's, no father's, the end of story, according to the ECMS in Victoria, disgusting. But to the United States now, where we told you last night about this ginormous omnibus bill, the Dems are trying to get through the House. It's just a month to the day now before the Trump administration takes over in the White House and they're very nervous. So they put together this fifteen hundred page omnibus bill which had everything in it from funding for twelve biolabs, refunding of the government's censor censorship agency, the GEC.
Speaker 1: It stops the.
Speaker 2: Trump's doj from investigating Congress. It gave the representatives a forty percent pay rise, and I'm just getting started.
Speaker 1: This thing was huge, but it was going to go through.
Speaker 2: Until Elon mask tweeted on X his Scott Jennings telling us about what ensued after Elon Musk hit send.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's very influential. I actually talked to a member of Congress today about this whole situation, and he said that when Musk sent out his tweet, the first tweet about this whole deal, like.
Speaker 1: He's never seen so much pork in his license.
Speaker 7: Instantly, instantly, the phone started ringing in the congressional office and people from the district started calling. And so that's real power that, you know, the power to communicate and then have it instantly translate into in that case, grassroots action. So you can see why members of Congress are you know, running around freaking out a little bit about about what's happening.
Speaker 2: Elon mask has two hundred and seven million followers on x so plenty of Americans were alerted to what the Democrats were up to with this gigantic nonsense bill.
Speaker 1: So this meant that it fell.
Speaker 2: Over All the MPs were hearing from people saying, if you pass this, we will get rid of you. So the Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, got busy very quickly. He's a Trumper. He was also working with JD Vance, now Vice President elect.
Speaker 1: And check out this picture that.
Speaker 2: Elon Namusk posted illustrating the size of the original bill and what they had managed to do to.
Speaker 1: It within a matter of.
Speaker 2: Hours, that how much they had reduced it by and yet did that pass. No, there were thirty eight Republicans that turned on their own party. All the Gems opposed it save for two, but that was predictable.
Speaker 1: Here's JD.
Speaker 2: Vance talking to the press just minutes after the new and improved bill also failed.
Speaker 8: The Democrats just voted to shut down the government even though we had a clean cr because they didn't want to give the president negotiating leverage during his first term or during the first year of his new term and number two, because they would rather shut down the government and fight for global censorship. They've asked for a shutdown, and I think that's exactly what they're doing.
Speaker 2: They've managed to even turn this down, even though it was largely all the things that they had wanted to implement in the past. They simply did this to spite the Republicans. And now they are absolutely losing it, saying we are justified in doing this.
Speaker 1: Read on a bill.
Speaker 9: They signed it, and you know what, they got scared because President Musk told them, rather than Musk said, don't do it. Don't do it, shut the government down. Imagine what does he know?
Speaker 1: He knows a heck of a lot, lady.
Speaker 2: And now all the Americans that you were trying to pull this bill on know as well. But when I say they're losing it, I mean they are really losing it.
Speaker 6: Everybody agreed, and then it was blown up by Elon Musk, who apparently has become the fourth branch of government. And that's just an intolerable way of proceeding under representative democracy.
Speaker 1: And the hysterics continue.
Speaker 10: The Musk Johnson proposal is not serious, it's laughable, extreme maga. Republicans are driving us to a government the shutdown.
Speaker 2: Now, it may be disappointing that the bill didn't get up, Gabby, but one thing I noted about this new and improved bill, While it was massively reduced in terms of spending, it was essentially exactly the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm a little bit confused on that. Oh.
Speaker 4: I think they're all upset that they didn't get their pay rise, I should say, because that was one of the things that got cut out. But isn't it amazing just to see fifteen hundred pages just get reduced to just over one hundred and all the things that they got that they got rid of, Kamala's electric bus program, those twelve bio labs that you mentioned yesterday, the pay rises, and now they're having a hissy fit. And I love how they are hysterical about Elon Musk. They're so threatened by him because what is the smartest guy possibly in the world, and because.
Speaker 2: They alerted people to what they were trying to do.
Speaker 4: Incredible politicians are getting caught in the acts right now because Elon Musk is just shining a spotlight onto what they were actually doing. And it was amazing to see how quickly this all played out from him posting that on X and how quickly people were picking up the phone and calling their representatives, and now this is what's playing out. But you know, of course the Democrats had to reject it, so they're essentially just voting against disaster relief aid for farmers, and you know, because they didn't have the pay rise in there, and they're mad and they wanted someone to blame, and so instead of blaming themselves, it's what Elon Musk's fault.
Speaker 2: At least this way, Joe, it's the Dems that have shut down the government, not the Republican.
Speaker 5: So I remember the good old days, but it was the Dems who were trying to keep the government open and the Republicans trying to shut it down.
Speaker 1: Forty eight hours ago.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Barack Oba was president.
Speaker 1: God love it then as well.
Speaker 5: But the amazing thing is it's interesting that people are saying, well, once Elon Musk tweeted, oh well, there was just nothing we could do then, as though the matter was then completely out of their hands. They're all in favor of this bill. And I was about to die on a ditch for it, and stand on a hill with my American flag fluttering in the breeze. But then we started getting phone calls, and so we had to just abandon it completely. It's like, if there was actually any merit in it, those phone calls as annoying as they may have been, and the emails as annoying as they may have been, and there are deliberate campaigns too, just bombard MP's officers with emails and to basically just for the people. No, that's right, that's fine, and they can be annoying. But the idea that you then that suddenly that thing that you were all in favor of is now suddenly a terrible thing that you don't support anymore. Where's that written down? If the bill was any good in the first place, then then people said, oh no, that's not true. No it's actually fine, you know rites, Oh no, there's no way that's in there. And the way you go, it's the faith that clearly this was such a turgid piece of the proverbial that as soon as the slightest sort of amount of light was shown on it, it just it was literally just a giant, gleaming turd that no one was able to defend and people just literally ran away from it within minutes.
Speaker 2: And it's very really exposed them because, as you said, Gabby, everyone knows the bits that were taken out, So now you know that is what you were really supporting.
Speaker 4: They're upset that Americans now know the truth of what was actually involved in what's actually involved in that spending bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed, but you can't beat the view for hysterics here they are talking about the fact.
Speaker 11: That they believe that Musk and JD Vance are getting together planning to bump Trump off and this is just the beginning of their plans.
Speaker 1: To take over. I think Eli must believes he is president. I do. I've called him vice president. I called him president because I don't know what JD is doing.
Speaker 11: I hardly I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't remember last time we even talked about JD.
Speaker 2: Great, he's planning the presidency when he's going to get rid of Trump.
Speaker 1: So you think it's Musk, It must Advance possible.
Speaker 9: Hey, you know stair away from the stairways, we put.
Speaker 1: The laying out to tripping wall down a stairs. Watch out.
Speaker 2: Now we've got Musk derangement syndrome. But last gone goes to the Babylon b the satirical newspaper in the US.
Speaker 1: He's taken a big.
Speaker 2: Stab at the Dems, who are all upset over mass tweeting. Dems explain they don't want billionaires controlling our media unless.
Speaker 12: It's Bezos, Zuckerberg, Gates, Bloomberg, Buffett or Soros, because of course all those guys are raging lefties staying in the States.
Speaker 1: Now it's been revealed by some of.
Speaker 2: The biggest Biden administration insiders.
Speaker 1: We're talking about his aids, his donors.
Speaker 2: They've spilled the tee to the Wall Street Journal saying that in fact Biden's lack of mental acuity. They've been covering it up since day one. Now, this was something that was blown wide open by James O'Keefe, who you remember. He is quite famous for these undercover videos where they get someone of significance who usually thinks that they're on a romantic date and plug them for info.
Speaker 1: Here is Henry.
Speaker 2: Appel, a National Security Council advisor inside the White House, spilling the tea regarding Biden's very lacking mental acuity throughout his tenure as president to what he thought was a hot date.
Speaker 8: Well, here's sueing.
Speaker 13: Joe.
Speaker 14: Biden is like, she's like really like progressed. I can't believe it wasn't a bigger scandal player.
Speaker 1: He went tells story.
Speaker 2: He went on to tell stories of him himself, noticing Biden's obvious decline throughout.
Speaker 1: The years he's been president.
Speaker 14: My boss was on an international show with him, like you're up or something. The phone ring in office, and I was like, welvi, President Henry.
Speaker 15: He was like, he's like he's safe there.
Speaker 14: He's like, oh, traveling with you.
Speaker 7: He's on the same crypt you are.
Speaker 1: And this was clearly an ongoing problem.
Speaker 14: How weeks ago, I was like the last on an office call from my boss yet, and so I picked the phone and save this president Like Henry on phone, he's up to the day, but I try to again him.
Speaker 7: I was in line for you.
Speaker 14: He like asked us a question and I was like, I don't know, Like, let me get free. I sent you did that's enough.
Speaker 3: Police secret service detail.
Speaker 14: I'll like, like ten seconds later again it's Henry.
Speaker 2: The same, offers Wall Street Journal that, in fact, as early as spring twenty twenty one, they were already readjusting his schedule very regularly to account for his quote good days and bad days end quote Gabby. It doesn't come as a surprise to anyone who was paying any attention over the last few years that this was always the case.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, and it's one of the biggest political scandals that you've got the president of the United States that hasn't been mentally well for three years and there's just been this protection racket around him, and the media has been a big protection racket. They've been complicted in it, apart from outlets like Sky News that have been calling it out. So you've been watching us, you would have seen the line in real time, which has been quite scary. But some of the details, look, it's not fresh news. A hey, he's got cognitive decline, but some of the details in this is absolutely insane. That they do have to accommodate for his good days his bad days. Some days you'd have to finish at four pm. He just gets too tired. Well we've seen that recently when he's fallen asleep on the world stage. But he's just taken part in an interview where he's asked about his presidency, and in true Joe Biden's style, he says he has no regrets.
Speaker 7: Any other regrets that you have anything you wish you would have done differently, Well.
Speaker 6: I guess if I thought a lot about it is something I've done specifically, but not generically.
Speaker 4: But we have been watching this in real time for years, and it has been so embarrassing. Kamala Harris has been complicit in this. I'd like to know who else was around Joe Biden and why they were essentially lying to the American people this whole time. Joe Biden, what have you been doing this entire time? Lying to the people?
Speaker 3: But this is back Joe Biden in twenty twenty. Take a look.
Speaker 14: We alle these shoots to be self evident.
Speaker 3: Oh many women creative by go you know the you know the thing, you know the thing. Here he is in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: If it holds near and dear to you that you.
Speaker 7: Like to be able to.
Speaker 4: Anyway, and here he is in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 16: Erica is a nation that can be defined in a single word.
Speaker 5: I was gonn put him.
Speaker 4: The evidence has been there from the start. It's been so embarrassing for America. Who on earth was supporting him right up until June?
Speaker 5: You know, well, That's the thing. I can I can actually believe it or not understand how you would need to get Biden as a candidate, because you've stuffed up your entire preselection process and you have you've just got these crazy AOC green New Deal types on the left who are unelectable, and then you've got the old sort of dinosaur establishment and you haven't got anyone in the middle. So they've stuck with Joe Biden as the candidate because he's the only one that can beat Trump. Then it's day one in the White House and you realize, holy crap, this guy really does have dementia. What do we do? I can actually understand thinking, all right, great, we're just going to have to manage this. What is absolutely unforgivable is that he was allowed to run again, that he was allowed to say that he was going to go for the presidency again. Immediately say absolutely no way. That is the absolutely unforgivable thing that Democrat strategists or strategist is just far too strong a word for whoever's in charge there did and again it's just so unforgivable. And as the and the fact that they stuffed it up so much lived in denial thought they could fake it, pull the ball over the American people's eyes. Then they're stuck with Karmela who is the only candidate, probably as bad as Joe Biden, and so they just dealt themselves. I mean, how you deal yourself out of government. You've got everything, You've got all the cards in your hands, aces, aces, aces.
Speaker 1: Fail out in every front, and you manage to.
Speaker 5: Just throw it all away. It is disgraceful. And anyone who knows or cares anything about politics should just be running this mob out of.
Speaker 1: Town, throw it all the way.
Speaker 2: While spending one point five billion dollars trying to win. The woman, of course, was Kamala Harris, and apparently we haven't seen the last of her. It sounds like a threat, but that's what the Dems are telling us. Try this on for size if you needed further proof that politics is not a meritocracy. She's set to receive a whopping twenty million dollars for a tell all book. They want to know what are the skeletons in the White House, in the Biden White House. Give us all the juice, lady, she's the insider, she would know get this. According to a Kamala insider. Virtually the moment Kamala lost to Trump, the office began pouring in from the publishing world for her to to do the definitive book on what really went on between Joe and Kamala, what went right and what went wrong inside.
Speaker 5: The Oval Office Wall right chapter would pretty.
Speaker 2: Sure and all the ups and downs of her campaign. They are throwing around advanced numbers in the twenty million range, maybe more.
Speaker 1: With other publishing rights.
Speaker 2: Other insiders from publishing houses are saying.
Speaker 1: Look, it might even be more than that. There could be a movie deal. There could be a.
Speaker 2: Netflix deal, like the Obamas signed magazines.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a lot of money in this for Herbert Gabby.
Speaker 2: She's going to have to hire a ghostwriter because if that woman talks rights like.
Speaker 1: She talks, it would just be uster gimberish.
Speaker 3: The whole book will be I grew up a middle class kid. Yeah, that will be it.
Speaker 4: No, she's got a lot of explaining to do. So she goes ahead and gets this book deal, and then we get a book from her.
Speaker 3: I'll absolutely read it, and I'd like to.
Speaker 4: Know a little bit more what she couldn't explain throughout the election campaign. What would she do on her first day in the job. She couldn't answer that one, apart from some opportunity economy whatever that was supposed to mean. But there are a few questions that have gone unanswered. Why did she lie about Joe Biden's cognitive decline? What did she actually see? She's obviously never going to answer any of this. No, Why did she choose Tim Waltz to be her running role, the guy that's known for putting tampons in men's bathrooms? Why did she choose him? Did she regret that? Did she regret not going on Joe Rogan? Does she regret spending one point five billion dollars and losing a lot of questions? How awkward is it between her and Joe Biden? Now it's quite clear that Joe Biden absolutely hates.
Speaker 2: That would all make a great book, Which is how you know none of that would be in the book, Joe.
Speaker 5: No, this is this is how I can almost I can almost tell you in advance. It will be that Joe Biden was completely and utterly incapacitated, and I was the one who was secretly running things and doing all the good things. It was his hero it's his fault for doing all the bad things. Then she will blame him for hanging around too long and not giving her enough time to establish herself with the American people. And that's why she lost the election, not just because she's a nauseating fool. And and she will not be able to explain how if she actually had to face a primary, she was going to win that primary, given that the previous primary she faced against Joe Biden, she did not pick up a single vote. That will be conveniently glossed over. I was the one who actually did all the all the good stuff, and Joe Biden robbed me of my chance to become president because he refused to let go being.
Speaker 3: The borders are. She's got to take ownership.
Speaker 5: For that way, He'll say, there was nothing I could do. Joe Biden threw me in, knowing that I had to take all the bad publicity for it, and it was all his fault. But good stuff that you like, whatever that is, I did that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, what does anyone try to be great at whatever they're doing?
Speaker 1: Twenty million dollars.
Speaker 2: For a book deal from a woman who would fail finger plainting, who indeed failed to flip a single county.
Speaker 1: She's the first presidential candidate to do that since nineteen thirty two. And if you're wondering, Trump flipped fifty four. Back home.
Speaker 2: Now to Sydney, where, my goodness, are we going to get our New Year's Eve fireworks? This is a massive, multimillion dollar event that hundreds of thousands of people attend each year.
Speaker 1: But guess what. Guess who's ruining it for us? You guessed it the fireworks.
Speaker 2: And safety concerns over ongoing rail industrial action.
Speaker 1: Thanks for nothing, Unions.
Speaker 2: Here's Police Commissioner Karen Webb today explaining, Look, if these guys don't budge, I've got no choice but to advise the government to cancel.
Speaker 15: I haven't ruled out that I will recommend to government that we cancel the fireworks. Each year, we police us Eve on the basis that two hundred and fifty thousand people can come into the city and then safely leave the city. Leaving the city is based on access to transport, including trains, and if trains aren't available and people can't leave the city, I have very large concerns of the risk that will create to the public.
Speaker 2: Firm but fair Joe can you all make Mens save our fireworks?
Speaker 5: He's certainly doing his darndas and I dare say the Police Commissioner would have been speaking at the behest of the government just to communicate to the union how seriously, how serious they're action is. So what has happened? Mens took the union to court to try to get an injunction to stop them taking strike action. The court found against the government and for the unit said no, you can go on strike and that's the letter of the law. And the union then appeared to kind of try to away after the backlash became apparent that they were going to rule I mean short of ruining Christmas, sort of canceling Christmas the New Year's e fireworks. I mean, this is something that has shown all around the world. Hundreds of thousands of Sydney Siders love it. Millions of people watch it right across the carp Now, I conn of that's right. And these guys, the RTPO seems to be going out of its way to make it. And again I like the RTBU, it's great unit, but they're making themselves the most hated people in Australia by this and the Karen Webb, the police Commissioner has now clearly sought right. You want to play hardball, I'll play hardball. You do this and we will cancel New Year's Eve and it will be on you. It will be your fault. And she's right because the vast majority of alcohol fueled acts of violence that hurt people, kill people, have people end up in hospital. They occur at taxi ranks, they occur at transport hubs, they occur at kebab shops when people are struggling to get home, when they're waiting, when they're frustrated, when they're bought. So you put two hundred and fifty thousand people in the city no trains, no way to get home, or not enough. That is an absolute cocktail for an a bomb.
Speaker 3: We've got to go to a break.
Speaker 2: But when we come back, Labour's hysterical new ad warning that nuclear power causes cancer, heart attacks in strokes, well we all know Labor is running scared from nuclear power because they know it bests their plans for their green dream ten to one. They've put up cartoons of three eyed fish and kept us laughing for quite a while.
Speaker 1: But this latest.
Speaker 2: Initiative takes the cake ladies and gentlemen, nuclear power causes strokes, heart attacks and cancer.
Speaker 1: Would't you believe it is their new ad?
Speaker 17: There are definite increases in cancer, strokes and heart attacks with nuclear power. Renewable energy, we have much safer alternatives, and for a health perspective, nuclear makes no sense. There are significantly increased rates of cancer, heart attacks, and strokes amongst the workforce in the nuclear industries.
Speaker 2: Well, Gabby, I'm sure people in France are really concerned to hear about this, given they get seventy percent of their electricity from nuclear power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's probably news to them, isn't it. Noah, they must be riddle.
Speaker 1: With health, these diseases. They had no idea.
Speaker 4: But this woman, doctor Margaret Beavis I think it is, is a former Green's candidate. She's been an anti nuclear activist for some time, labor rolling this scare campaign out just you know, in the months.
Speaker 3: Before we get this federal election. It's so irresponsible.
Speaker 4: Other doctors have come out today saying how irresponsible this is, encountering many of her arguments there and then Olbos had to defend questions today about what does this mean for workers working on orchids.
Speaker 5: This is such an incredibly stupid own goal when the Prime Minister needs absolutely everything to be going right for him to be able to win the election in just a few months time for alp Head offers, which is dominated by the left, and that tells you all you need to know to run out this sort of absolute Horseshit is the stupidest thing you could possibly get. It's almost an act of sabotage. I think they're probably too stupid to realize that the chances it is so stupid that the momentum is or at least was with Labor on this issue. Peter Dutton's costings were being absolutely rubbished by experts. There was no detail on the impact it would have on power bills, which a lot of people said would actually probably go up even higher than they already are. They were on you know, whatever the rights or wrongs of any of that. You know, they were having a field day with this. Chris Bowen is running rings around Peter Dutton and now they have completely utterly switched it round to the point where when Bowen and Anthony Albaneese even asked about this video, which is authorized by the Labor Party National secretary, they won't even back its contents, They came back its contents, they say, oh, well, you know it's part of the debate. As part of the debate. Politicians aren't there to promote debate. Politicians are there to take a position and prosecute that position, and they've been doing it pretty well over the last week or so and now this is just completely lined up, completely undermined it. It is the most undergraduate, idiotic thing. And again, did you think maybe that when you're saying people who work with nuclear are going to get cancer and strokes and die, that you're talking about Australian service men and women who are going to be working on the nuclear powered submarines that the Australian government under Anthey Albanezi has signed up to buy as part of the Orcus arrangement. You have just to defense personnel that you're risking their lives.
Speaker 1: You are fools.
Speaker 2: Can't say it any better than that here from a hearty panel. Moving on to Environment Minister Tanya Pliposex.
Speaker 1: She's also not.
Speaker 2: Doing Albanzy government any favors. She tweeted today how proud she was that her government had not signed on to any new call FID power plans.
Speaker 1: Here's the offending tweets. First, Firstly, she writes, these guys.
Speaker 2: Approved eight new coal mines and were laughing about climate change. Secondly, she writes, let's fast forward ten years in twenty twenty four, labor has approved zero new coal mines. What a difference a decade makes. And then, of course she was absolutely savaged in the comments because the very day that she thought it was a good idea to toot her own horn about this was the very day she extended the life of four coal fired power plan.
Speaker 4: Look, this goes back to what we were saying earlier in the program with the spending bill in the US, the power of X. She thinks it's a great idea to post something on X on Twitter, and she gets community noted quite quickly. There's now correction saying, no, she actually extended these cold fire Yeah, she's extending projects. So she didn't want to tweet out what she was doing this afternoon, did she? Whatever day it was, she didn't want to tweet out, you know, I'm actually extending.
Speaker 3: The life of these plants.
Speaker 4: She's trying to spin this message, she's trying to win over votes, and it's.
Speaker 3: Coming across a very hypocritical.
Speaker 5: It's great that Tanya Plise is approving minds instead of blocking them, right, that was fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, out of necessity, will be in the dark if she doesn't. But seriously, if these politicians were just a little bit transparent otherwise known as honesty, then maybe you would win back some public trust. But every time you get caught out trying to pull the wall over people's eyes, you get caught out, either by the media or just average Joe blogs who knows what you're up to and takes to your own social media pages to savage you, and rightly so.
Speaker 4: And they can't get away with it in twenty twenty four. And that's the lesson they're they're learning the hard way. They think they can spin a message now quite quickly, people will catch on and fact check you in real time.
Speaker 14: I know.
Speaker 5: There is this thing called the Internet which makes it quite hard to pretend that you're doing completely opposite things to two completely different audiences. It does tend to sort of catch up with you. Also, I've heard.
Speaker 2: It used to be so much easier for you, and now it just doesn't work anymore. A single tweet from Elon Musk and your massive omnibus bill is gone. Similar is happening here in Australia.
Speaker 1: I like it staying here in Australia.
Speaker 2: National's MP Keith Pitt, who you will be very familiar with as he has graced our screens for many years. He's one of the good ones in Federal Parliament. He's bidding farewell to parliament. Here he is saying goodbye.
Speaker 16: Political parties that have no purpose will they rapidly disappear. And it's tough being a member of the Nationals for regional seat or are always the minority numbers in a coalition of the Liberal Party always have significant more numbers than the Thats And that's why you've got to have bold policies. You've got to take bold positions and you have to fight for what matters.
Speaker 2: Of course, he didn't bow out without savaging David Little Proud for supporting the government's net zero plans. So he's not hung up his hat and walked away with the.
Speaker 1: Announcement that he's leaving.
Speaker 2: I have no doubt he'll be pulling punches till his last day and office.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In interesting to hear is pretty critical of David Little Proud and then in his statements saying that political parties without purpose will soon disappear.
Speaker 3: So you could be right there.
Speaker 4: But it's back with net zero and the nuclear debate as well, you know, with the problem I should say with this the scare campaign that we saw from labor just tying that in all together is that they want net zero, but they don't want to implement net zero technology. So you've got anyway people like keep Keith Pitt speaking out against net zero and making this his big statement today.
Speaker 1: He's going to be such a loss for common sense. I really like a solid voice for a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it is very difficult. Again, I think it tells you everything you need to know about the climate debate that where you have people like the nets, it's almost you know, NAT's labor that basically have the seats that are most affected by the transition. And so you know, the big regional areas that have the coal mines are often that seats or the town centers that rely on coal mines and coal miners and workers are often held by labor. And again these are the guys who pay the price for the aspirations of you know, the inner city greenies who think it would be all green all the time, won't have anything in their backyard. So that is the benchmark. I suppose Keith Pitt is the benchmark for Okay, how do you actually sell this to this man? How do you tell this man who represents people who could lose their jobs, how do you make it worthwhile to them? And that is the that is the path of government needs to take one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: We've got to go to a break now.
Speaker 2: But when we come back, check out the Christmas display in Abu Dhabi Airport. It puts every single Australian airport to shame. So that time of the year where we're all told you can't say Merry Christmas, you might offend minorities. Well, check out this video that was loaded up duex by fellow Sky host Rita Panahee pointing out the fact that there they are in a Muslim country in Abu Derby, full on celebrating Christmas in their airport. More Christmas spirit than you'll find it any Australian airport.
Speaker 4: Even the music they're playing in the background and everyone's getting around it.
Speaker 3: People are gathering around the christy and sad for.
Speaker 4: Us that you have to go to Abu Dhabi Airport to get a bit of Christmas atmosphere.
Speaker 3: You're not going to find that. And what is it, Derevin Council that was?
Speaker 5: I know as an Irish Catholic, I also find Merry Christmas offensive. We say happy Christmas because merry Christmas just means you got drunk.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, speaking of not offending anyone by saying Merry Christmas, here's a comedian made of mind who's figured out.
Speaker 1: How to pull that off.
Speaker 5: Hate to offend people.
Speaker 13: So this whole last holiday season, I didn't let out one Merry Christmas, that's true. Instead I said, mede the birth of the one and only true God, Jesus Christ, the still a blessing of grace and peace upon your household, to the belittlements of every other false religion, lest you be gay.
Speaker 3: That's what I say, quality, brilliant, and that.
Speaker 2: Is exactly what I'm thinking when I say merried Christmas.
Speaker 1: We've got to go now.
Speaker 2: These two will be back next week, but from me, a very merry and holy Christmas to you and yours. Coming up next the Royal Report, Caroline Dear Russa