Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm.
Speaker 2: All right hey, and this is high Scroll Liss, the podcast version of your favorite.
Speaker 1: Group chat if it's trending, going viral or has your gripped and we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: Coming up on this episode, we are talking about the middle seat dilemma, which is the best seat to sit on in the plane. I'm going to tell you one of my experiences that I've had recently. A bit of a hero actually.
Speaker 1: Plus I have a new hyperfixation. As always, there's something that I'm obsessed with and I can't get it.
Speaker 2: Brittany not having something that she wants is absolutely so scary, so look out because she always gets what she wants and she can't get what she wants this week. So things are on the.
Speaker 1: Rocks and we give you six life lessons that are actually pretty life changing. Not gonna lie, yeah, for.
Speaker 2: Sure, six things that we have realized around our thirties that we wish we used sooner. And maybe you'll know some of these things. Maybe you won't, but stick around because we'll tell you all about them. Deal me into Oh, let's go.
Speaker 1: You want me to like good morning, I drive to change it.
Speaker 2: Do whatever you want. It's your podcast. Good day, Matta?
Speaker 1: What else do you want me to say?
Speaker 2: You know, no matter what you say, I think I'm gonna have a problem with it.
Speaker 1: I will for now on. You can stay Hi.
Speaker 2: No, that's fine. Well hi everyone, I was I'm quite traumatized today. I'm feeling a little off if I'm honest.
Speaker 1: Why what's happened?
Speaker 2: Yesterday? I did something really really brave, and I know that everyone's gonna be really proud of me when I tell you what I've done. I'm a bit of a hero, actually a bit of a hero in this situation. But it's crazy. I I don't know how to put this into words, but yesterday was a really big day for me and I I sat in the middle seat on a plane. Oh wow, I mean wow.
Speaker 1: Took one for the team. Yeah you fucking flew that plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first time in my life.
Speaker 1: I want to have you Have you never not been in the middle seat?
Speaker 2: I mean, here we go when we started this podcast. First of all, I've cut a carrot for the first time. Remember, And now here we are, I'm flying middle seat.
Speaker 1: I feel like I've gotten stuck in the middle seat in the times where you forgot to like check in online and pick the seats and you get given the random one and you're in the fucking middle.
Speaker 2: Well, I was actually on the aisle seat and I changed to the middle seat. Why because I'm a hero. I'm a hero and I came to save the day to someone. Yeah, So what happened was I got on the plane. There's this lady in the middle seat. She said, oh, you're here on the window. I said, no, I'm on the aisle. Then this man gets on the plane. He's in the window, so we're both sitting there. So we get up. So I get out of my aisle seat to let him into the window. And then this lady in the middle was really struggling to get out of her seat, and I was like, do you want some help her? She's like, I'm right, I'm all good. She's trying to get up. She did take quite a while to get up, God lover, and I was kind of like, come on, love, we don't have all day. The whole plane's waiting to board the plane, like, let's go. And then as she got up, the man got in very quickly, and then she went to go back in, and then she turned to me and she goes, do you want to just sit in the middle because it might be easier because I've got like leg problems and I can't move around very easily. And without even thinking, I went, yeah, of course, no worries. Yeah, I sat down in the middle seat. She sat down next to me, and then I went, what the fuck have I done?
Speaker 1: Middle seats on planes should be fucking illegal. Unless you are in a group where you know people are in the side, then you can lean on them. But otherwise, if it's just stranger sit next to another, middle seats should be illegal for sure.
Speaker 2: And so I've sat down, and the first thing I thought was, oh my god, I've just given up my ale seat, which I don't really actually Okay, so I do love an aisle seat, but I've learned to love an ale seat. So just side note here, when all my flights are booked, when my flights are booked. Sometimes they're booked through like an agency, and so they just like select they I think they must have that my preference is an aisle seat, or they think that I want an aisle seat because it helps me get off the plane clicker to be where I need to be. But I actually enjoy a window and I'm one of those people who are wait to the plane is completely.
Speaker 1: Window girly too. Yeah, And it makes me think, you know how sometimes when they board a plane, like a domestic one, they're like, first, we're boarding like the back of the plane, like fifteen to thirty or whatever. They board first, and then they do the front. I wonder if any airline has ever trialed like everyone on a window seat boards first and then middle and then aisle And what if they've ever tried that? Yeah, because the fuckery of like, you know, the window person getting on last, and then everyone needing to stand up and move out.
Speaker 2: But my thing is, if you are in an aisle seat, why are you boarding so quickly because you're just stuffing everyone up, Like just wait till the end, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I always wait to the end. I never stand in the line and wait but the only time it really fucks you around is if you've got a mini suitcase and you get on there finally and there's no where to put your bag. Then you have to put it at the end, yes, and then you're just fucked.
Speaker 2: Yes. Yeah. So basically I learned to love the aisle seat though during my time, because you can actually cross your legs and stick your legs out in that. You gotta be conscious of when the trolley comes and if anyone's walking up and down the aisle. But like you've got that extra leg room to the side, which I quite like. I'll sit with me leg over me. Nay, you know, I read my book love it on the window seat. It's also good because you have like a little bit more space you can kind of lean up against the window, so that's good in itself as well. But I do not see any benefits of sitting in a middle seat. So when I sat down, Mark would ever pick that. When I sat down, I went, I've just made the biggest mistake of my life. Long was the fly No an hour and nine minutes.
Speaker 1: But even still that's insufferable.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, but let me tell you, I actually really enjoyed myself in the middle seat.
Speaker 1: Why I thought it was fabulous.
Speaker 2: I actually felt like I had plenty of room. I felt like it was like fine, Like I mean, I cannot imagine doing it for like fourteen hours to LA or something, but like, you know, the for the hour and hour and a half flight or however long I was there for, totally manageable, like totally fine.
Speaker 1: And I think the person in the middle seat should be entitled to both arm rests.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that's where I have the issue.
Speaker 1: Because the outer people get the outer one. Because you're in the middle, you should get both.
Speaker 2: Yes, The problem is both my passengers next to me did not let me have the arm rest.
Speaker 1: No, that's wrong. I would have been elbowing them out of the way.
Speaker 2: You reckon.
Speaker 1: I would have said, I'm in the middle, I get the middle person gets both okay, and the outer people get their out of one and the extra room the person in the middle. The thing is, I can't stand in the middle because I feel like I can't look anywhere. So I don't know if you experienced this matter, but I feel like the only direction you can look in is straight, because if you look out the window, it looks like you're looking at the person and they keep like looking at you over their shoulder. Are you looking at me? It's like no, I'm looking past you and out the window. And you can't look into the aisle because then you're just gonna be looking at someone on the other side. Do you have no choice but to look straight ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can't stand in middle seat.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's anyone out there in the world that likes sitting in the middle.
Speaker 2: Well, remember, not long ago, Virgin did that middle seat lottery and if you picked the middle seat on purpose, you actually went into like win a bunch of prizes or something. But I am actually so frustrated at how busy planes are at the moment, because remember you'd catch a flight and you'd be like yes, no and sit next to me. Wow. Well not these days. Every flight I went on for like the tour, for example, every single flight, they were making an announcement at the start of the flights. This is a full flight. You need to put your bags under the seats in front of you to allow more room in the uh in the bins for suitcases. So all personal atoms and small bags go under the seat in front of you, blah blah blah, Like every single flight I took was so full, and there's just no chance of being like, oh there's no one sitting next to me, I get a whole road to myself. Nah, there's none of that anymore.
Speaker 1: So, but all in all, you some Why the fuck did you enjoy the middle seat?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I just felt like I did, Like I just went. It's not that I enjoyed it, but I was just like, I think I could do this. I think I would do this more often.
Speaker 1: Would you do it again?
Speaker 2: So they brought back the middle seat lottery. I would absolutely do that.
Speaker 1: I love when you get on a domestic flight. I mean it probably doesn't happen as much from Sydney, but from Newcastle, it's pretty common that we just get the planes that have two and two oh yeah, and that's always like perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: All the planes are even so small. Sometimes it's two and one yeah, the tiny little quantoslink plane things. And I love that feels like business class if you just sit byself.
Speaker 2: Did you know when I was in South Africa, the planes in South Africa so not the one that I flew in and out on, but the planes that I took around the country. The rule in South Africa is you can't listen to headphones, so you know, when we take off in Australia and your laptop has to be stowed, but you can use your laptop up in the air. Same with headphones. You can't be wearing earbuds or headphones or anything. I guess because in case there's an emergency, you need to be able to hear what's going on.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised that we can just put our headphones in and not listen to the safety demonstration and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure, I mean not me. I'm always looking her dead in the eye, going I'm on your side, Dayli.
Speaker 1: And I know exactly I'm giving you my full attention.
Speaker 2: My full attention. All right, I've heard this, I could recite it off by heart, but I'm still going to look where that light and whistle on the life jacket. Is Time for our Royal Flush of the week, the best thing we've seen on the internet this week. Although sometimes like to break the rules and just talk about whatever we want because this is our podcast, not yours. Brittany, what have you got for me this week?
Speaker 1: Well, my Royal flush is something I've seen on my TikTok It's my whole four you page at the moment, and I want one, but they're sold out. So have you ever heard of Sunny Angels?
Speaker 2: Never?
Speaker 1: They're these little figurines and I've just googled it to actually get it correct. So this is a line of cherub figurines. It's kind of getting like tiny cabbage patch doll.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Created by Japanese toy manufacturer Toru Sooya. I'm gonna be saying that wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Who is the CEO of the Japanese company Dreams? Anyway, These there's these things called Sunny Angels. They're like a tiny little cherub doll. They're about as big as like smaller than my hand, and you buy them and you open them up and it's a mystery what one you're gonna get?
Speaker 2: Okay, love this.
Speaker 1: They're there's little cherub things and there's like apple or like whatever. They come out with a different themes. They're just these little baby dolls and they're a different theme and it's a surprise every time you get one, and people collect them and it's like this whole fun thing, like people unbox them on TikTok and whatever and reveal what sunny Angel they got. Well, I've seen Sunny Angels for ages. We'll pull up a photo so that you can see them, Matt.
Speaker 2: I've seen before. They look like a little snuggle pot and cuddle pie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Sunny Angels very cute. But Sunny Angels has just collabed with case Defy, which is the iPhone case brand, and you can buy the phone cases and they're all different themes. But they also did mystery boxes so you could put in what phone you have and then you get sent a box. And I've been seeing all the influencers in americap do their unboxing, so I think they got like a cool PR box, but they essentially got these PR boxes. You open it up, it has an image on the front of like all the potential ones that you can get, and then you lift it to reveal your phone case, and then it comes the little sunny Angel that clips next to your camera and it hangs over so that when you're looking at your phone, the little Sunny Angel is like looking at you. And I've just been addicted to watching those videos of people unboxing and seeing what because it's like a farmer's market theme or something like they get an egg plant or a carrot or strawberry or tomato. So you get this cool phone case and the little sunny angel that clips onto it. And I went straight on the Case to Fire website. But all you can do is buy the cases like not the thing with a little cherub, and I'm fucking bummed. And if you want to get something to just binge, watch, go and look up the Sunny Angel's Case to Fire unboxing's on TikTok because it's like so exciting to see what someone's gonna get and they're like they hope that they get one, they get something else. Anyway, It's just one of those gimmicky little fucking things that I really want but I can't get.
Speaker 2: It's the most random royal flush yet.
Speaker 1: Well it's just that if you go and watch, like Brettmann Rock did one, like m Bretman, Breatman, Bretman, Brettman Rock, Bretman Rock, there was a gun boxing there like all the American influencers have done one, and I wanted to get one but I couldn't.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's work on that. Can you message Case to Fire please and get.
Speaker 1: Them to Sonny Angels.
Speaker 2: Please we'll unboxing on our high scrollers tick.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you're not following, go and follow us on high scrollers TikTok. Please, yes scrollers.
Speaker 1: It's your Royal Flush, Matt.
Speaker 2: My Royal Flush is a show I've been watching. Bit a downtime, bit of downtime. You know, we're taking August easy, as you know. And basically I've been watching this new show on Netflix, which if you follow me on Instagram, you've seen me talking about this already, and it's called Good Girls. And I think I'm finally ready to give it some credit because I have been watching it for a while now and I'm getting towards the end, and I'm not quiet at the end yet, but I think I'm confident in saying that, like it's a good recommendation. Although some people have told me that they just stopped. I'm almost at the end of season four and apparently there's no more after that, and they've asked the show and I don't know if it ends on a cleft hanger or not, but that's not good. So but anyway, the point is I actually saw it on TikTok because you know, how people just upload full TV shows to TikTok. Yes, So I saw that this video of them like robbing this grocery store on TikTok, and I was like, what is this show? And everyone in the comments were saying good girls, And so I decided to watch the first few episodes, and it had me hooked like straight away. It's just like, is this.
Speaker 1: The one with the three like mums and that really hot guy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, And so they basically if you haven't seen this show, like without spoiling anything, it's like three mums. They need a bit of money, so they plan to rob one of the mum's workplaces, which is a grocery store, and then everything goes wrong and they realize that the money that they've stolen is actually part of a money laundering service for like this big drug lord mafia sort of thing, and then they have to start working for him to pay him back the money and blah blah blah, and then they just get like deeper and deeper into this web of crime.
Speaker 1: But it's so funny, and yeah, it's like this serious shit, but then it's like a funny show at.
Speaker 2: The same time, and it's just like it's also what's good as well. It's like pretty much everyone in the show is someone I've never seen before on television. So it's like I'm introduced to this whole new bunch of people and actors and actresses that I guess I haven't seen in other things because like I mean, obviously that's the way the world works. But like I find it really hard sometimes, like especially Rebel Wilson is a good one. Like Rebel Wilson no matter what she plays, will always be fat Amy for me, or even like that girl from the Wedge from way back when. So it's like, I don't know if that's just my brain, but I struggle.
Speaker 1: To can recognize the short lady that's in it. Out of the three friends, you know, short, that was the only one that I knew. I swear she's been in other big things.
Speaker 2: Go google girl and we'll see look at the cast of Good Girls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the her May Whitman. Okay, she's been in other things. The Duff, she was up the Duff designated ugly fat Friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean what you call me, I mean she's not made a big enough impression. I'm seeing some big names. They're like weeds and stuff, big mouth and I.
Speaker 1: Mean I think I remember her from Duff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't know. Obviously didn't make a big enough impression on me to remember that CSI Perks had been a wallflower. Yeah nah, noil interests. But basically I like that they were all people I hadn't really seen anywhere else before. So anyway, it's a really easy watch. It's just fun. It's funny, but it's also gives me a bit of It keeps me on the edge of my seat, but it's a bit of tension there, a bit of like what's gonna happen. I do get a little bit like sometimes I need to look away because I think there's gonna be a jump scare, but there isn't. There never is. It's like that you always think there's gonna be a jump scare and then it's just like a rat running across the floor or something. But there's a lot of that. But it's just really fun and obviously like there's detectives who are trying to figure out who's money laundering and so there's like different storylines happening. Anyway, I just love Oh you know what, though, like I will say, it's not the best thing in the world. Like it's a real flash. It's my real flush because it's I haven't been doing much and it's really been my main focus recently as I'm trying to rest and recover. But like, yeah, I think it's not the best thing in the world. It's not gonna be for everyone, So I can't guarantee that this will be the best thing you've ever.
Speaker 1: Watched, but I'm recommending people would like it.
Speaker 2: Give it a go. Just give it a go. It did get very slow in season three as well. Season three.
Speaker 1: I gave up like into season two or towards season three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, season three, I think it lost me a little bit, but then it pulled me back in by the end of the season. And now they're adding in people in season four who I have seen before, like that girl from nine No Once not known on one Brooklyn ninety nine. Is that the show? Yeah, yeah, the weird girl. She's in it, and she's weird in that as well. I think she again, she just plays the weird girl in everything. I don't know what her name is, but anyway, that's my morel flash of the week. Let's move on. Well, I feel like twenty twenty four is the year of realizing things. I don't know about anyone else, but I just feel like this year we're just realizing things and doing things. And I did see a Reddit thread the other day, you know, you love your Reddit, Brittany, And I don't know. I'm trying to get into it, but we'll get there soon. Basically, it was this thread that was like, oh, what's one thing you wish you knew earlier in life and how would it have improved your life? And I was thinking, like, because I'm turning thirty year as we all, and I won't shut up about it, but like, I feel like this year, for some reason, what's that what's that saying where it's like your frontal lobe is coming through developing, Like I feel like that's just continuously happening this year, and I'm just it is so a year of realizing things, realizing things about myself, my family, my friends, about life in general. And this year I've been realizing a lot of things. So I thought today we could share with our audience, because you are so much older and wiser than me, you could share maybe some some life lessons that you've learned that maybe if you you wish you knew this sooner. You know what I mean. Okay, so you take two seconds to write down three things.
Speaker 1: So I write down three things that I wish i'd learned sooner in life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got my three things.
Speaker 1: Okay, he read. Do you think of three things, I'll write it down.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be back momentarily. Do do do do.
Speaker 1: Damn dem All right, I've got my three things, but mine, like dumb Matt.
Speaker 2: The good Minor dumb as well. Okay, we don't need to be inspirational over here on high scrollers. We're not trying to change the world. Like, give me your first one and I'll judge it.
Speaker 1: Okay. I actually genuinely only learned this last night of the night before on TV. I don't remember what show I was watching. Maybe I was watching Selling the OC. Did you know that horse power you know when they refer to things as like horsepower, like the motor size and whatever, you know that's actually calculated off the power of real horses. How because back in the day horses carried cars and that they figured out horse power. So now it's called certain horsepower motor that's quite literally based on how many horses. The calculat how funny.
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't know a sense. So if a car has what eighty horse power, it's.
Speaker 1: Like the power of eighty.
Speaker 2: Horses, it is, I think you're lying. Can we go google girl, please? It's real, like brumbies or what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Horse Power it's a common unit of power at the rate at which work is done. In the British Imperial system. One horsepower equals thirty three thousand foot pounds of work per minute. That is a power necessary to lift to total mass. Like, it's a real thing. It's a fucking calculation here. I was thinking they just go, eh, forty horse power motor like just some saying, but it's actually about horses.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, So one imperial horse power lifts five hundred and fifty pounds, which is about two hundred and fifty killers by one foot or about thirty centimeters in one second.
Speaker 1: For fucking like. I get that they've done it because horses used to power everything back in the day, but get rid of that now.
Speaker 2: But also, who in their brain had enough? I mean, look at this. P equals w under t fd under t over t one eighty lbf times two point four times two pie times twelve foot over one minute? Like, who's doing the math here? Maths is made up? I'm convinced, like maths is not real. Yeah, maths is what people have made up to make dumb people feel dumber by just putting like words and symbols and you can't like, sorry, pie, Well who came up with pie? Where'd that come from? You just decided three point six nine, two seven whatever? The number? Fucking with you, Matt and putting over and under and I mean times and divide they make sense. Minus that all makes sense. But like two x over three.
Speaker 1: The power of four to the power of square.
Speaker 2: Root get fucked anyway.
Speaker 1: So that's my first fact.
Speaker 2: And I that's a good one.
Speaker 1: A girl said it on Selling the OC in an episode I watched like two nights ago.
Speaker 2: Well, I love that you did well on that one. Thanks. Okay, do you want to know my first one? My first thing that I learned that I wish I knew earlier in life? Mortadella is literally just devon.
Speaker 1: Is that the thin stuff that's got little white dots on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Like so you know, like I see these girls on TikTok shout out Adele Marie for starters because she was making these oh my god, the scene the sandwiches with the fresh Baker's Delight bread roll, she'd put more Todella on it. And I looked at this Mortadella stuff and I went, oh my god, and she's gone sign the Mortardella. Oh my god, yum, yum, yum. Can't wait. And I was like, I'm running to the shops to get this more to Deella. I got home, I smelled it. I went, it smells like Devon. I put it on the sandwich. I've taken a bite. I've gone that is literally Devon.
Speaker 1: You've made a Devon sandwich.
Speaker 2: Devon sandwich.
Speaker 1: Just shows you the power of branding because Mortdella it sounds seazy. It's fucking shaved Devon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which, like I think Oridge, Like the actual Mortardella has like a little bit. It can come with olives in it as well, and there's like some differences. But like the Mortadella that I literally just got from Coal's, I opened it and went, looks like Devin, smells like Devon. Put it in my mouth, went tastes like Devon.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I'm gonna say it, I fucking love Devon.
Speaker 2: I love de row with petch up yep, tomato sauce a little bit.
Speaker 1: I would genuinely smash a sandwich butter, tomato sauce Devon.
Speaker 2: But by the way, Devon's not called Devon everywhere in Australia.
Speaker 1: What's it called?
Speaker 2: I think some people call it fritz as well? What fritz? And that? You know how we call it cabanossi In Melbourne? I said, should we generally to chuck heutery board get a bit of cabanossi on it? They go, what the fuck's a cabanossi? I said, sorry, They go, you mean a cabana. A cabara.
Speaker 1: Habana is the thing in my fucking backyard.
Speaker 2: Yes, by the pool, a cabana. You're joking.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the same way they call it. What do they call rock melon? Cantalopes?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, cantalope, not cantalope king.
Speaker 1: I love Devon, I love I love cabanossi. I love any process meat meat.
Speaker 2: Too, me too. Presudo baby, I mean, let's talk about prescudo because I could do that for a while.
Speaker 1: Processed meat or is that just like a real piece of meat slice?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, yeah, oh sorry, I just am talking about like meat, sliced meat in general. I love any meat, but I don't love a salami if it's too spicy.
Speaker 1: Too rough for me, like when you rip it, it can be a bit.
Speaker 2: Like it's not a pleasant user experience.
Speaker 1: Where it's prescudo is nice, it's soft. Yes, I feel like a cheese play.
Speaker 2: I love a chicken loaf. Sorry, what's that? Chicken loaf is like devon, but chicken I've never tried, you've never had.
Speaker 1: You get like, oh, I just spat everywhere.
Speaker 2: That's all right?
Speaker 1: Is it when you just buy like a packet of chicken and it's like the round slices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that, but the one from the deli is better because it's actually a loaf of chicken and they actually slice it.
Speaker 1: How much of it? I want to know how much of it is chicken?
Speaker 2: Don't care. I don't care because wow, is it delicious? Chicken life. Get it up your ham love ham ah.
Speaker 1: What did all the girlies eat before barrata? You know how barata is a thing now, Like you go out and you get the barada and you get the meat plate and you get the bread and that's like a thing. Like everyone's obsessed with barrata. Barata's being around for our whole lives, but we've only just discovered it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: What did the girlies go out to eat before Barata was a thing?
Speaker 2: Bread? Well, because Barada is like your entree sort of thing that you get for the.
Speaker 1: Table, you Recommendvere was going out for garlic bread before?
Speaker 2: Was it panarachs getting the garlic bread as a starter When you'd go to Lone Star? What would you get at Lone Star or Hog's Breadth? You get garlic bread, garlic bread?
Speaker 1: It was always so Barata is a new garlic bread.
Speaker 2: I just love every time I go with my Yes, Barada's the new garlic bread. I just love when you got to dinner with your family and it's like, how many garl breads? We'll get eight garlic bread and then there's just so much garlic bread on the table.
Speaker 1: See, but I think it's Barada. Now give me eight Baradas in this economy, Yeah, they are expensive and what an easy sell for restaurants. Yeah, they're buying that shit in a tub and plopping it on the plate, drizzle some honey over it, and give you a thin bread with and I'm I'm buying it. Yeah, they've reeled me in.
Speaker 2: But we should start doing what those people do when they take their own avocados to the cafes. We should start taking our own barrata to restaurants and say we'll just have the flatbread please, and then pull out of the handbag a barrata drizzle it in a bit of oil.
Speaker 1: How have we discovered barata? It has been around for our whole lifetime. But why is it now that it's like the thing to get in restaurants.
Speaker 2: I think it's because of Toddies, if I'm honest. Yeah, I think Totty's really changed the game with that. Thank you, Mary Vale, because we weren't doing it before then. I think that's the first place that I yeahound out about barrata.
Speaker 1: Right now, I've got it in Newcastle. Nice going out and getting three baradas probably fucking twenty bucks each or more.
Speaker 2: Some of them are like twenty eight dollars. It's ridiculous. Okay, so there we go. That was a long tangent there, But Mortadella is just devon. Third No, sorry, second, we need your second life lesson please. What's something you've recently learned.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is another one that I honestly learned. I swear last night on TikTok. You know, on a golf course.
Speaker 2: I saw this too. This will be good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on a golf course, they move the holes. Yes, yes, they Like I've never played a game of golf in my life. AJ has played quite a few. He's not bad at golf. They move the fucking hole. So they fill the current hole and move it to a different spot every now and then to like change up the fucking game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So then when people go, oh, they made it really hard today, like this person was saying in the TikTok, Yeah, it's like your partner goes to golf and oh, I made it really hard today, It's like, what do you mean they made it hard? You go to play golf there? Every single time they move the fucking hole and dig a new one. Yeah, every time.
Speaker 2: Basically, I know, I was. I mean, I knew that they did that, but I also so didn't know that they did that for that purpose. So I have seen videos of them changing the golf course holes before and knew that they did that, but I thought they might have just moved it over like a meter or two just to replenish the grass and like it was more of a preservation thing, not to.
Speaker 1: Change the game.
Speaker 2: Change the game and just go now we're going to fuck them up with this one and put the whole ride over there where they can't see it. I love that. I think that's so camp. That's camp, all right. My second one for you dry cleaning. I only just found out not long ago. Dry cleaning is not actually cleaning your clothes in a dry way. Explain this what when I heard dry cleaners, I thought they were just kind of like putting it in a.
Speaker 1: Dry aren't theyre cleaning it dry?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: No, they don't put in a washing machine. I don't think.
Speaker 2: No, they don't put it in a washing machine, but they still put wet products through it.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, do they like steam it in this?
Speaker 2: No, dry cleaning is still like like do you still get like wet, like it still gets fully submerged in wet product? But do they put it in washing machine water? And it's no, it's not getting tumbled around in a washing machine.
Speaker 1: I thought they just hung it up, and it was like.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought. I thought they just like you just you know, you used to see the dry cleaners, and they had the big tracks that the posad all the clothes just went on a little roller coaster ride through like a steam room and had a bit of a sauna and came out fully refreshed. And that was like dry cleaning, Like you've cleaned it, but we've cleaned it dry, like we've not used any water or any No, because I used to get my camillas dry cleaned and I was like, yeah, yeah, they're just getting steamed and whatnot.
Speaker 1: No, they wet it.
Speaker 2: They put it in Go Google girl, so I can get the correct terminology here of how dry cleaning actually works for you all. So, dry cleaning uses a waterless cleaning process to remove and debris from clothing. So it's a large machine that cleans clothing using a solvent. The solvent is then extracted from the clothes and they are air dried and.
Speaker 1: Pressed so it doesn't get wet.
Speaker 2: Okay, the term dry cleaning is a little misleading in that it actually isn't dry. Instead, it means that instead of using soap and water, dry cleaning employees chemical solvents that remove dirt and grease and eliminate stains. So one of the earliest solvents used was kerosene.
Speaker 1: Wait, when I was a kid and I had nits, Yeah, my mum.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me, she put kerosene on you.
Speaker 1: She when we would get knits, we had a big laundry sink, like those stainless steel laundry sinks. She would tip our head over and then pour kerosene over her head.
Speaker 2: Just raw, babe, What is going on there?
Speaker 1: Kid? You know what? I could I can feel it running down and try not to get it in my eyes.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I mean we just went to the chemist and got one of the nime.
Speaker 1: We got kerosene tip on our hand.
Speaker 2: My god, maybe that's.
Speaker 1: Why my hair's so thin and fucking oily.
Speaker 2: You know what? You know what? It would not surprise me, baby, my hair thin, annoying because alarming, and what a fucking fire has it? Gras dry? Cleaning isn't ry. That's my second one. What's your third one?
Speaker 1: My third one is? And look I just say that, look, look, look, look. I don't know if this applies to all zips zippers, but apparently, apparently, apparently, apparently apparently apparently all zips have locks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know this, I knew this. My mum taught me this when I was very young.
Speaker 1: So when you pull up your zip just so you've got it on your fly, this has thrown me back to the genus from our was that for our first episode that we spoke about genus?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you pull up.
Speaker 1: Your zip right and then you flatten the zip so it's flat down, and then you try and pull it down, it's locked. When you flatten that zip lip bit, it's literally locked. You have to then lift it up like facing forwards and to push it down. So all of our zips have locks.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How iconic is that?
Speaker 1: I know? I didn't fucking know that, and.
Speaker 2: My mum told me that when I was younger.
Speaker 1: But can there be some zips out there that are like shit and they need to look probably? Probably speaking of Matt. When you travel and this is a really random question, but when you travel overseas, do you put a lock on your suitcase?
Speaker 2: Well, my suitcases have a lock embedded in.
Speaker 1: It because the thing I've always wondered, I've always just traveled with my suitcase like anyone can open it at any time, Like I've never been safe and got like a lock for it. Really, Yeah, watch, I think is how most people do it. But the thing is, even if you've got a lock on it, someone could just get a pen and stab the zip and rip it open that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, surely. So I feel like, although I've got a Victor Knock suitcase, so like that's not happening. Oh yeah, my my suitcase is heavy duty security.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, I think I need to get one of those because I'm out here fucking raw dogging traveling.
Speaker 2: Well, they gifted it to me years and years ago, and then this year it's lost a wheel. It's got a ten year like warranty, or maybe maybe it's a five year warranty. But anyway, I got it ten years ago and now was when I first started. Usually one of the first things to get gifted to.
Speaker 1: What's a brand Victor Knox.
Speaker 2: Never heard of it, like they do the Swiss army knives and stuff like that, And like, anyway, this suitcase is the best suitcase I've ever used. If you are looking for a good suitcase, I spell it V. I see it's it's spelt like Victory Knox, but I think it's pronounced Victor Knox.
Speaker 1: Victory Knox. Oh yeah, I recognize it's like the red emblem.
Speaker 2: Yes, and so they sent it to me. And then now one of the wheels has gone missing, and like it's been absolutely trashed over the years and years, I've taken it everywhere with me for the last ten years. It's finally had its day and I went to buy a new one first day.
Speaker 1: One hundred jealous, That's what I said. I'm just on the fucking website now. The first one on their travel gear page is one thousand and one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went, all right, I'll stick to July because I can't can't.
Speaker 1: Be even July. Suitcases are expensive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I will say if you were as someone who was traveling a lot and really wanted a high quality suitcase, Victor Knox, Oh my god, the best thing I've ever used in my life anyway.
Speaker 1: What was zips?
Speaker 2: So that's your third? So I've got one last one for you, something more of a personal one. Something that I like discovered myself, which I thought was quite fun and quite nice, was that meal prep can be literally anything you want. What do you mean so like meal prep? So I'm just not someone who like meal preps and cooks food in advance. I was just like cooking all the time, because in my mind, if you're going to meal prep, it has to be playing chicken and broccoli. Like it's triggering from like my days of you know, doing meal prep properly and doing all those crazy diets. Like in my mind, if I was to meal prep something, it would have to have like it would have to be healthy, Whereas I'm like, you can meal prep pizza.
Speaker 1: You can meal prep with zagannya.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sure, I were doing that. You can meal prep hot dogs, why not? You could meal prep burritos, and like, like you can. What I'm saying is you can meal prep shit that doesn't have any nutritional value. And it's taken me thirty years to realize that. I realized it about six months ago when I actually meal prepped. All I actually meal prepped that at that time was like the mix stuff for like tacos and burritos and things like that. And so I did that, and I was like, oh my god, now I get to have tacos all fucking week. How good is that? Like I'm someone who would just make the taco mince and just use up the whole thing that night. And even I Remember I used to message my friends and be like, we're having tacos tonight, and I would know I'd have too much food leftover. Son't buy my friends to have taco Tuesday or something. Whereas now I'm like, no, this stuffed a lot of you. I am having meal prepping the just the meat portion with the veggies in it, with the taco seasoning, and then I'm having tacos for lunch, and I'm having a burrito for dinner, and then tomorrow I'm gonna have enchaladas, and then the next day I might just have a burrito bowl. Do you know the wrap?
Speaker 1: I know a guy who refuses to eat any sort of leftover, like they throw out any leftovers, like refuses to put in the fridge, or like wouldn't freeze it and get it back out and like reheat it.
Speaker 2: That's kind of crazy, but also very me like because sometimes I will admit I do the meal prep and then it's seven days later I go, oh, fuck, I better throw that chicken out.
Speaker 1: So the freezer, though it's fine, I.
Speaker 2: Don't love the freezer aspect though. I more of a put it in the fridge and use it over the next three to four days freezing. It bit much for me because also then I forget about it in the freezer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forget about it too, see, but I don't. I grew up eating things down the freezer. Like our bread was in the freezer.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Yeah, I hate that.
Speaker 1: So we would pull out the bread and you'd rip off the piece and then it'd snap in half, so then you have to get the next one, then put in the toaster and then you got toast. Yeah, like that's how we grew up. Our bread was in the freezer. Was never on the fucking bench.
Speaker 2: Nah, I hate that. We rarely did. But I'm loving I'm doing the I'm doing dinnerly at the moment, so that's going well because I've got the one. I have one for dinner and then the next day I'll have the second serving for lunch because it comes with two servings. Yeah, and Sky is a vegetarian, and I went so bab, I'm getting all the meats and all the everything. So I love on that at the moment. But yeah, meal prep can be anything you want. Don't forget that. I don't forget you don't have to meal prep healthy things. If I want a meal because even things like you see the on social media, the like breakfast cheesecake with the wheat picks and the yogurt on top, like, you know, again a little bit healthy for me to be doing overnight, the overnight oats and things that, like I don't want to meal prep healthy stuff, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So what you're saying is you've discovered that you can bulk cook things. Yeah, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: So you don't have.
Speaker 1: To cook one serving is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: You can cook a pasta and then have that pasta for like as long as you Yeah, I'm so sorry, but this is like, this is something I didn't process beforehand. As I said, I think it's triggering from like having those days of meal prepping, going and km out, getting the little tubs, coming home, cooking, boiling all the vegetables, and then you know, serving it all up for the week. I'm just seeing to myself, why was it a meal prepping like pizza, good stuff, pizzas, hot dogs. I could meal prep burgers, but the buns might go a bit soggy. But you know, I mean just anything.
Speaker 1: Discovered cooking in bulk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically, basically I've got my own Costco kitchen. How I love it and I'm loving it anyway, there's our there's six life lessons.
Speaker 1: For you, Yeah, really important ones at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, things we've just discovered. And I don't know if we'll change your life, but we're not here to do that. Find another podcast that will, bitch anyway, Thanks for joining us, scrollers, Thanks for being here. Can you please say you're Lyne?
Speaker 1: Another episode done dusted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we'll see you next week. Don't forget rate us five stars all the rest of it anyway, Dahla, better let you go. I gotta go be a hero and sit in the meal in the meal anyway, Dayla, better let you go. Got to go be a hero and sit in the middle siege. I still say it weird again that one more time? Anyway, I better let you go. I've got to go anyway anyway, Dahla, better let you go. I've got to go be a hero and sit in the middle seed.
Speaker 1: Can we leave all the Yes, you can't leave it here.
Speaker 2: Car you can't.
Speaker 1: It's just fading out the music.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'd better let you go. I'm sick of you.