Speaker 1: Hi guys, Happy Thursday. You're joined it with Sam And I've actually got Blake, our producer.
Speaker 2: On because we're doing a little Q and A today and he's gonna road dog the questions.
Speaker 1: I'm roll dog in the questions.
Speaker 3: And kind of me at the moment, I'm like, wow, here too.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go a little quick fire Q and A with Sam.
Speaker 3: There's some juicy ones. How do we start with this? Let's say go right in. I feel like you spoke about this recently. Yeah, how to deal with people constantly shit talking and negative energy.
Speaker 2: I feel like Melbourne is a very small bubble and there's a lot of shit talking that's happened. And I've heard like my name thrown around in situations and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Mitch, I wasn't even there, so like why are you mentioning my name?
Speaker 2: And there's always drama and I feel like, like, again, Blake and I were just speaking about before that everyone thinks that I'm like sleeping with izzyes ex Bailey, and I'm like what, like where does that come from? Like so many people shit talk me, but no one's ever shit talked to me to my face. And that's something that I can back and everyone it's been really nice to me to my face, So I don't really let it get to me unless it's someone personally that I know is shit talking. I just think you, like you just got to feel bad for them and just go like, honestly, I'm so sorry that you feel like they need to comment hate or shit on me about my life.
Speaker 1: Like, just feel bad for them.
Speaker 2: It's embarrassing, Like if my friend, if I ever caught my friend commenting hate on TikTok, I would be embarrassed to be their friend.
Speaker 3: I always say this, and like I work with people like you yourself, and I always just say, like, who do you know that does this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, I do not want to be associated with you. So I'm so glad that you've commented hate. So I'm going to block you now, Like you don't like my face, so good, I don't want to see your I don't want to see your comment either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one people are quite stressed about. So let's address that. Okay, what made you want to move to the UK temporarily? And are you scared?
Speaker 2: I'm scared. I think it's really hitting me. I've kind of got like two weeks in Melbourne. That I'm like really here for until my new chapter is of my life is kind of just sitting around in front of me.
Speaker 1: I am really scared, Like I'm really really scared.
Speaker 2: But I know that with being scared and putting myself out there and giving myself this challenge, I will really grow as an individual.
Speaker 1: I feel like because.
Speaker 2: Of the job that I'm in, I've had a kind of fast track into being an adult, and I live a very adult life in Melbourne, and I've got to experience a lot more at a young age compared to like other girls my age maybe that I went to school with. And I feel like it's the next challenge for me being in a bigger city, like living it up and meeting new people and putting myself out there in that social aspect and.
Speaker 1: Just giving it a go.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like this is the perfect time I'm single. Nothing's really keeping me back here, so why not? And I think I will always kick myself if I didn't experience that, So like, I just want to remove myself for a little bit and see what it's like to meet new people and go outside my comfort zone by myself individual next one.
Speaker 3: I feel like we spoke about this in our last recording, but there was a TikTok on it, So I want to get your take. What are influencer events like.
Speaker 2: I think it really depends on what your mental headspace is like, Like sometimes they're so so much fun. It really depends on the brand as well. They're nice because I have some girls there that I can lean on, but also it is you have to think about the influencer scene as kind of like high school in a way, like you're having a big classroom slash cohort of girls that aren't all going to get along. They're not all going to be the friends because they're all doing social media. Like everyone has a personality. Everyone has a big personality. That's why we're all in social media. So put a bunch of extroverts in a room, you're going to get drama and you're going to get like people not liking each other. So sometimes if you're like for me right now, influencer events are really really hard because I'm so anxious. When my social anxiety is not as bad, they can be really fun. I like doing events on like a Friday or a Thursday night, just Saturday or something like that because I can drink and stuff during the week.
Speaker 1: Those events I don't really drink, but lunch events.
Speaker 2: Are really nice because you get to sit down and actually catch up with people. Standing events are kind of like, yeah, it's a lot. There are a lot, and you really have to be on the ball and you have to be good.
Speaker 1: At small dog.
Speaker 3: So I feel like you've been like working so hard on this this year, excited for your take care. How do you manage to stay motivated and stick to routines, especially on tough days.
Speaker 2: You can't rely on motivation to get you places in life. Consistency in discipline over motivation. If I solely relied on motivation, I would never go to the gym, But I think it's really good, especially again tying it back to not having a full time nine to five or even girls in like your young like early twenties. It's so easy to sit around and have a lazy morning during the week. But I just don't allow myself to have that up by seven point thirty, Going on a walk, going to the gym, going for a run, like it really starts your day and you're like starting your day with endorphins running through your body. Like that is my consistency and my discipline on that is because knowing that I'm going to have endorphins at the end of it, and I'm doing something for myself and for my health before other people. And if you rely solely on motivation, you're never going to get it done. And I'm a very headstrong person. So if I want something, I'm going to get it. And I want to have a good, consistent, healthy routine, so I get it.
Speaker 3: Love, what do you look for in a man or day? Its purely looks or something else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna sound so official, but looks I won't lie are a very big driving.
Speaker 1: Factor for me.
Speaker 3: It's a starting point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like if I do have to be somewhat attracted to you to then want to pursue something romantically or in any sort of romantic way, I do have to find you attractive, but I think attraction can grow when I find out your personality. I love like an introvert, quaiet guy, someone who isn't like outgoing, but like not arrogant, and you have to be funny. I think the biggest thing is making me feel safe as a girl, and as a young girl, that's what I've really come to cherish and I think men sometimes I'm experiencing recently aren't all that respectful.
Speaker 1: So that's a big thing that I'm looking for in a date.
Speaker 3: Do you see yourself doing anything other than influencing such podcasting in the near future.
Speaker 2: I would love to come out with a brand in like maybe how old am I now? I'm twenty two? In yeah, like the next five years. I would love to have like investment properties as a source of income. And I would love to come out with a brand. That's like my next goal. But I don't want to rush into that and just put my name on something because I'm an influencer. Like no, I want it to actually be something I'm really passionate about. I know what the brand is, but I'm going to leave my secrets.
Speaker 3: Back to dating. How do you go navigating dating in the public eye.
Speaker 2: I don't want to answer this question and sound like super fucking up myself and super obnoxious, because I feel like people can take something and run with it, but I am wary. I think in Melbourne's especially, like as I said before, Melbourne is a small place, and like guys I've been on a date with, they'll be like, oh yeah, like I've seen your TikTok and stuff, and that doesn't bother me. Like, if you're online as a young male, there is a likely chance that you're going to scroll past me on the Internet or in an ad or on something like that, which I don't care about. It's more about what they're saying to their friends. I don't know if I'm being taken seriously or not, which makes me a lot more closed off than I probably realize. And you just have to be protective because you don't understand. Like sometimes me opening I get nervous because me opening up to them on a date for them to get to know me could then be away and a secret that they could go tell their friends and use it as a topic of conversation, which like is hard because you want to be open to someone, but you also need to protect yourself a little bit more than just a person who doesn't have social media. So it probably does make me a little bit more closed off and a bit more reserved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's funny. I've never looked at it in that way, because like, even when you think of your first therapy session with a new therapist, you have to like literally out the road and like tell them your full story And I don't know if I should be doing this, but when I was dating, I would do that on first dates. Yeah, it's like it's naturally how you communicate when you're first getting to know someone. That probably prolongs things for you.
Speaker 2: Well, I kind of end up becoming a little bit of a listener because I'm like, you open up about your family or sometimes like you'll kind of go down the road of like your dating history, and like I was in a very public relationship and he does play athol and he is an athlete.
Speaker 1: Now I don't want my.
Speaker 2: Way of being like, oh, why did your relationship and like a very open casual question, which I completely understand, but people want to know the tea on that. People want to know why we broke up and all the ins and outs of that that like I could go tell him and then he could go hang out with all these girlfriends the next night being like, oh, I know why Sam and Caleb broke up?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? And it's like I don't want that to be spoken about.
Speaker 2: So it's like then you're not open like little things like that, which it's actually not that big of a deal, but I just don't want it to be a topic of conversation in his other parts.
Speaker 3: Of his life totally. But it's definitely a strain if you can't be fully open, can't fully yourself, and you kind of have to be calculated in your mind, especially on first dates. I don't know about you, but I was banging back the wines and leaks a.
Speaker 1: Little bit more.
Speaker 2: But it's like, I also don't think you're always going to do that, but I'm wary that you could, like I'm not. And they're like, oh, well, you should trust them, but I'm like, should I? But I don't know you?
Speaker 3: Okay, So our next one advice for dealing with debilitating anxiety.
Speaker 1: Well, i'd fucking love to know.
Speaker 2: I actually just went on medication because it's so fucked and bad at the moment, like debilitating. I used to go and I was on medication a while ago, and then I was like, it's a band aid approach, and my life circumstances are a little bit different, so I'm trialing it out again. I don't know. My anxiety is very debilitating, but it shows up in different ways. I actually go really quiet and like, I just like have so much anxiety in my head but I'm very good at putting on a front, so I honestly don't know. Like sometimes I literally getting out of bed seems like the hardest task.
Speaker 1: In the world at the moment.
Speaker 2: But like me saying I don't have the answers and everything like that, like I say that in a way that I want you guys to not feel alone when you feel like this. Like my big thing on social media is being real and raw and honest, and I don't have the answers for everything. I'm trying to figure it out. So I do lean on you guys, and I do make videos about my anxiety and now I've recently started talking about my eating and everything like that, because I wanted you guys to feel less alone. So it's okay that you have these feelings, and you will get over that.
Speaker 1: We'll all get over that, we'll all work together. Not all the time.
Speaker 2: You have to have the answers to everything, and that's why I'm trying to be as raw and honest on socials.
Speaker 3: Okay, So our next one. You've spoken a lot about this, and I feel like we have answered that. But you've been asked at a fair few times, how did you find the courage to start posting on social media, any tips of someone wanting to start.
Speaker 2: It's so hard because I feel like sometimes you kind of forget about it.
Speaker 1: I started posting on mine.
Speaker 2: I feel like mine was easy because I was in lockdown and it wasn't seeing people too for them to judge me. When I started taking it seriously, I think I was over that hurdle of people caring because I like everyone posts, do you know what I mean? Like everyone makes it get ready with me? Is everyone is a let's get dressed with me? Like we all love doing the same things. And if someone's bullying it for you, like they would be posting if they had the opportunity, Like who is going to.
Speaker 1: Turn down being an influencer? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like no one everyone had like it would be great, Like I want that for everyone. There's room for everyone in this job, So who gives a fuck?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? You live once, do it while you're young.
Speaker 2: And I think just consistency is key, Like I always try to post and posting what I like, not what you think, is going to get good engagement, because when if that does, for example, and you don't actually like filming those content, you're going to make yourself miserable.
Speaker 1: So literally just post what you like and hope for the best.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we'll end on a juicy one, not aimed at anyone, just generally, I think good advice for girls. But someone has asked, when did you know was the right moment to walk away from your past relationship?
Speaker 2: I my last relationship was the most loving, open, caring relationship I have ever ever been in. My mum said when we first met that I wish you guys met when you were older because you have a lot of growing up to do, and we would always go, no, don't say that, No, don't say that. And then when my parents broke up when they were twenty one years old and ended up getting back together. But when we were twenty one, we broke up because I think our lives became not dependent on one another. But we had done so much growing up as adults together that we didn't know what we were with as adults without each other. And I think, yes, high school sweethearts all like being together since you were young is amazing and it's such a great love story, But you learn so much when you're alone, And I think both of us knew that we needed to be alone to almost be better for one another, and like the breakup turn around was really quick. It was maybe like two weeks and we just literally just said, like we both need to grow up, Like we both are living such adult lives with so much pressure. We have high pressure jobs, being in the public eye. We almost couldn't be there for each other because we couldn't even be there for ourselves. Very similar to how I don't know if your girls know Phoebe and Testa broke up. They had their lives really intertwined. But I need to be an adult. I needed to learn how to be a fucking functioning adult without him. And you are so comfortable in a relationship, and I just think if you're constantly feeling like the second option, and you're constantly not feeling prioritized because that person is so big on doing their own thing, or you don't feel valued as a person in a relationship, it's time to walk away. Like you should be number one person's priority. You shouldn't have to be telling someone how they treat you or how they make you feel.
Speaker 1: They should just know.
Speaker 2: And if they can't adjust their life to accommodate for that walk away, because you are settling. If you're sitting there and just hoping for one day for it to change, it's not going to change unless you walk away. Sometimes you can walk away and they'll fix themselves and realize what they lost. And sometimes they won't and you have to walk away to figure that out. But I feel like being alone is the best way to figure that anyway. Thank you guys so much for coming along this Girl's Guide episode, and we'll see you on Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Bye. This is so much fun. Bye bye bye