Speaker 1: I've definitely dated my fair share of diushbags.
Speaker 2: Time. Let's get tingling healing balls.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm spiraling.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, tell us everything flame emojis slept right and center.
Speaker 1: Matt loves a bit of God, and.
Speaker 2: I need to text you back. I really need.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: I'm jealous.
Speaker 1: I'm the most jealous person ever.
Speaker 2: Relationships like a fart. If you have to force it, it's probably shiit.
Speaker 1: Hisity dot com for you. I'll be a bloody single and alone with ten cats for the rest of my life. Lie. Hey guys, it's Anna and Matt and welcome to our Love Island season three recaps.
Speaker 2: Where we'll be unpacking all the villa action and keeping you up to date on all the drama.
Speaker 1: Things are about to get very juicy in here. Where's Your Head At is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more. All right, I asked, So we watched episode five, What were your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I loved it. It was very, very dramatic, just the way we like it.
Speaker 2: So to recap the episode, there was a double date Chris and Rachel Keep moving Forward, and they played a game make your Perfect Islander.
Speaker 1: It was a good one.
Speaker 2: And also one islander got dumped from the villa. Who was it?
Speaker 1: It was Jordan that But honestly, Jordan started to grow me in this episode, so it was actually kind of sad to see him leave.
Speaker 2: I definitely thought there should have been someone else to leave. But we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's start with the Aaron and Taku makeup. There was a breakup last episode, and there was a makeup.
Speaker 2: Things do move fast in the villa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we saw Aaron called Taku a sensitive little bitch after their chat when things were a bit heated, but the next morning everything kind of down. They cooled down and they both kind of manned up and apologized to one another, which we love to see.
Speaker 2: Good to see, but what I didn't like to see is Aaron is an absolute clown. The guy did not stop tensing the whole time he's in there. Do you know why?
Speaker 1: He kind of reminds me of you with his mirror time. The amount of mirror time he's standing is Matt vibe.
Speaker 2: I'm just not a muppet when I do it like he is, like I was watching him like this guy's about to blow his O ring. He keeps teasing the whole time.
Speaker 1: We didn't see Aaron make any strong connections in this episode. We saw him kind of try and cling on to Courtney when she was doing her rounds. Thoughts on Courtney this episode map she.
Speaker 2: Was being a bit of a control freequurse. So she's a bit hungry for power.
Speaker 1: She was loving the power, and honestly, I don't know if it was the best look on her, like I'm all about that girl power, but obviously it's been hard for us. She hasn't found a connection in there yet, and she's wanted the attention from the boy. But she was really making them work for it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't she look unpopular opinion or popular opinion? I'm not sure yet, And I'm sorry if your friends or family with Courtney, but I think she has to go.
Speaker 1: You're not a fan.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan. I got the ick from her, Actually he did. I did. Now I know what means you finally, no, I know I got the ick from it.
Speaker 1: If you haven't listened to our episode on the Ick that we just dropped. Make sure you go check that out. But let's talk about Ronnie because he was also doing some heavy and hard grafting this episode, which we haven't seen from him yet.
Speaker 2: Okay, so no hate on Ronnie for grafting. Do what you've got to do. Find someone in the villa. But fuck, I nearly lost my shit. He went up to one of the girls and he said, where's your mind at?
Speaker 1: It's where's your head at? Ronnie.
Speaker 2: I really threw my phone at my TV. I just was like, it's not hard, it's not hard.
Speaker 1: That's like, where's the promo at when we need a plug? Having words with him after this, and then let's talk about the Taku and Jess and Ryan and Lexi double date.
Speaker 2: It was cute. They were feeding each other chocolate cherries but strawberries. Oh okay, I thought it was cherries. But I know what you're looking at me about that grim hot tub again, so grim. I'm not a fan of it.
Speaker 1: The water looked dirty, like it looked like everyone went in there full of mud, And honestly, it wasn't appetizing to see.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine the villa producer being like, oh, guys, I Reckon should take him on a double date into the hot tub. It looks really romantic but really cute. They're like, yeah, good, idea tip for the producers.
Speaker 1: Let's put some bubbles in their necks. They might get rid of the cloudy water.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I hate being negative about the hot tub. The actual date was cute.
Speaker 1: It was cute. I think the Jess and Taku moment when they're having a little romantic kiss and then Tina ends up going to the toilet had me in stitches. That was so funny.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And Ryan seem to be getting along well, but there's just something about them that's not letting me connect to them as a couple. It seems like they're just getting really hot and steamy. They're having a bit of a summer romance, but I don't really see it going anywhere.
Speaker 2: I think that the next girl that walks in Ryan and his Gucci belt are going to turn their heads for him.
Speaker 1: I reckon that silver Gucci belt. I can't go.
Speaker 2: So then the Islander started playing a game called Make Your Perfect island Ert. What were your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: I mean, I get it, it's love islands. We're getting everyone's best features. I would have personally liked a game of I don't know how intelligent or funny or charming or charismatic someone.
Speaker 2: Is, but unfortunately, people aren't watching Love Island for that anna They're watching it for their looks.
Speaker 1: I mean, I disagree. I think that people want to see more like, yeah, someone can be really hot, but it's not just about watching a group of hot people. The people who do the best on this show are people who were interest so pointing at, meaning that the people are the people who are funny or intelligent or endearing, and they have something to say, and you know, they capture the audience's heart. So I have to disagree with you. I don't think it's all about looks. But I mean, look, it was a fun game. They seem to have a lot of fun with it, and I mean, I don't have a lot to say about it. They were just putting body parts together.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. Okay, Well, what would your perfect island to be with those islanders?
Speaker 1: I have a boyfriend and I'm happy with him just the way he is. If you want to play, who would you have picked?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I actually did play it. I'm sure I did play along with the Islanders from home. I went with Jess's eyes, yep, Lexi's pecks, do you mean booths? I just wanted to be polite. I didn't want to objectify women, so.
Speaker 1: I said, ah, that's nice. Okay, yep, continue a smile. Yep.
Speaker 2: I actually forgot whose body but Courtney's legs.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that would be my perfect island, so perfect one.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's talk about the recoupling. So the new couples we have are Jess and Taku, Rachel and Chris, Tina and Mitch, Courtney and Ronnie, Ari and Aaron, and Lexi and Ryan. But let's talk about Ari for a second.
Speaker 2: I think that is the biggest thing coming out of that recoupling was Ari's little moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she seems to be really infatuated still by Ryan and he's just giving her nothing. So it's really hard to watch, and honestly, my heart does really break for her. I know what it's like in there. I remember when I was on Love Island and I was into Owen and then he chose Jesse in the end, and I still wasn't over it. And the next day the producers were asking me about new Boys and I was like, whoa, whoa, whoa, Like this is all moving too fuss, and it does, and I really empathize with.
Speaker 2: Her, but vibe with that. I Vanessa got dumped and literally the next day the bomb squad walked in. Right, you just expected to just move on straight away.
Speaker 1: You're expected to move on. So I totally get where she's coming from, Like it is super hard, but at the same time, like when he's giving you that many donuts, I think it's time.
Speaker 2: To just take him and eat him.
Speaker 1: Find someone else, Find someone else. I mean, my heart did break for I can tell that she's very upset about the situation. She feels like it's her fault. But it wasn't her fault. He wasn't interested. If he was, he would still be with her, standing by her side.
Speaker 2: Did you think that she was going to pick him?
Speaker 1: I mean, that's what the producers wanted us to believe, and it did look like that. I'm glad for her sake that she didn't. I just hope that there's a new guy before the next recoupling, otherwise she might be in danger of leaving.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she's picked that cleon Aaron, what do you think about that do you reckon Aaron or Jordan.
Speaker 1: Jordan gave us so much really early on with the whole kiss with Rachel, and I just felt like his time was cut really short. We haven't seen a lot of Ronnie, and I feel like Jordan was more of a loss, and I was kind of hoping that Ronnie would leave as the first Islander to go, Like, I don't know how much more wrapping Ronnie I can take at this point, but let's hope that we get a little bit more from Ronnie in the next episode.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the next episode, a bomb is dropping. She is intelligent and got the beauty, so the beauty and brains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her name is Emily and we are excited. So let's jump into episode six. Okay, Matt, Episode sick.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to unpack in this one. Anna isn't there. We prayed to the Love Island gods and they dropped a half decent bomb in the villa.
Speaker 1: They delivered finally, so we have a huge bomb dropped. Her name was Emily. She we took Mitch and Ronnie on a date. We then see Tina get very jealous because Mitch has actually slid into Emily's.
Speaker 2: DMS recycling storylines, mind you.
Speaker 1: And then we see Jess do a total one eighty on Taku. I was so heartbroken for him, but we're gonna discuss that now.
Speaker 2: So right after the recoupleing, Jess pulls all the girls for a chat and tells them that she wishes she didn't friend zone Aaron.
Speaker 1: I know, I was honestly shocked. I didn't believe it. We're seeing Jess being so indecisive. She drops a huge mom on not just the villa but also the viewers because I had locked them into the final and I'm honestly so disappointed with this.
Speaker 2: I was very invested in her in Taku.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we I mean we see Jess saying to Taku, I have a naughty side to me. She's being affectionate, and then straight after she's saying to Aaron that she's open to getting to know him. Like Jess, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Well, look, Jess reminds me a lot of Isabelle from our season. To be honest, I think you're decisive and just going back and forth and telling guys what they want to hear, really to keep herself in the villa.
Speaker 1: I mean, she even went as far as to call herself toxic so she knows that this is probably not looking good.
Speaker 2: Well, she said, I'm not toxic. I'm just saying I can't stop thinking about Aaron. Babe. You are toxic. You have red flag written all over you.
Speaker 1: Do we think that she's the most toxic girl in the villa just because she can't decide? Or do we think that potentially she's just trying to stick around because she hasn't really found someone that she likes.
Speaker 2: I think that's a pretty good point, Anna, She might be doing that, just trying to stay around. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing that disappointed me, Matt was the fact that every single person in the villa knew that she was open to getting to know Aaron, and Taku was the last person to know.
Speaker 2: That's pretty shit on Jess's behalf, it's not cool. And then she finally pullsing for chat next to the pool and I was in that chat a couple of times in love Yes you were where she friend zones him and like, man, my heart bled for him. Like that's a brutal chat. And he's trying to hide that he's hurt because he knows there's cameras on him everywhere.
Speaker 1: He tried to hide it, but we could see he was hurting. And then I think he kind of composed himself and said that we smell bullshit comment which I liked. I was like, yes, tell it great, Okay. We also saw Chris and Rachel. They're just basically on a big old kissing bender at this point. They're loving life.
Speaker 2: I've said it to you before. These guys just don't stop kissing each other. They just sucking face the whole time. It's cute and I'm about it, and that's what we want to see. But like, yeah, give us something else, guys, And is there so much they can bond over Harry Potter?
Speaker 1: I think they're just geeky about everything. So I think they're just geeking out over each other.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, surely they've got another, like something else they could joke about. It just seems like it's all Harry Potter. But it's cute and I like to see them growing together.
Speaker 1: It was Lego.
Speaker 2: I think that was Mortal Combat or something combat.
Speaker 1: I think she's probably gonna introduce him to Star Wars. They've got They've got enough.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for that.
Speaker 1: And then we see the bomb dropped Emily. What was your first initial thoughts on Emily maph I.
Speaker 2: Thought she was meth, But then as she kept going, I was like, okay, and I said it. I don't know if I got sucked in by all the promos, all the girls, all the guys hyping her up, but I think I did. And I was like, hang on, she actually might be my flavor, right, Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, look, we see all of the guys swooning over her. But I think in Love Island it's this case of like she's fresh meat. It's exciting, it's new, and in Love Island you have to kind of pick from what's there and the moment that something new and shiny and like the new fresh toy comes in. You see the boys pound.
Speaker 2: I hate to say this, but she might be the best of a bad bash.
Speaker 1: That is so savage, man.
Speaker 2: But I've told you I'm not attracted to many of the girls on this season. They're not my type. I've said that.
Speaker 1: I mean that's how you feel. Yeah, side No, I actually loved Ronnie on the date with Emily. He spoke a bit of Spanish.
Speaker 2: Spanish is the most sexy language.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he even said to her in Spanish, come a little closer, because from this distance we achieved nothing, which I thought was very hot and steamy from him.
Speaker 2: If a guy said that to you on a day, Anna, that ticke alot of your boxes.
Speaker 1: I think if he said it in Spanish, I'd be like, that's hot.
Speaker 2: He could have really said anything in Spanish, could have been you would have been like, your knees would have been quaking.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, he could have said anything, and I would have had and I would have had no idea since I don't speak Spanish. Okay, let's talk about the game that Okay.
Speaker 2: So the game was called the Perfect Pair, where they had to write on a chalkboard and answer the questions and get him right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it was testing how well they knew each other, which is.
Speaker 2: A bit brave to have after a week of knowing each other. Yeah, it's quite quick.
Speaker 1: For that game. But I mean, we were about it and we saw Jess say that Ryan is the hottest after her partner. Now, as a viewer, after watching the episode, we were expecting it to be Aaron, since she just had this conversation with Aaron saying that she was open to getting to know him, and then she dropped to Bob and Us saying she thought Ryan was the hottest.
Speaker 2: I'm really confused, like I don't Yeah, she I think I'm as cub used as she is.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I mean, look, I love Jess. I just think that she just genuinely just hasn't found someone in there.
Speaker 2: That she likes. And well, hopefully for her sake, someone comes in.
Speaker 1: I think what's going to happen is we're going to see a new guy come in or there's gonna be a Cassa a Moore, and Jess will find the.
Speaker 2: Guy that she's keen to date.
Speaker 1: Also, something else that was notable that we got from the game. Emily said that Ryan, Taku, and Mitch were her top choices in Guys.
Speaker 2: So I guess the next episode we're going to see her really go for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean the episode ended with Emily talking to Mitch and we see her in the beach huts saying I'm here, baby, turn your head. So she's definitely made a splash in this episode, and I'm excited to see what's coming on the next few episodes.
Speaker 2: All in all, it was a massive episode, But before we go, I want to give Tina a quick shout out Anna. Yeah, she did mention our podcast. She said, where's Jess's head at? So she got there. It's the closest we've been yet. Yeah, we're about it, about it.
Speaker 1: Anyone who says where's your head out there get a shout out on our podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you for coming. All right, so we'll catch you from the next one.
Speaker 1: Bye, guys.