Speaker 1: Live on Skyins Australia. This is to Nika de Georgio.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to the program. Coming up tonight.
Speaker 3: A shocking terror attack on a synagogue Rocks Manchester in the UK. This should serve as a wake up call to us here in Australia. I'll speak with Liberal Senator just Center Nampajipper Price. Shortly New South Wales police launched legal action to block a planned pro Palestine protest at the Sydney Opera House. Six people, including Isis brides, have smuggled themselves out of Syria and returned to Australia.
Speaker 2: Labor is aware, so why the secrecy, And a.
Speaker 3: Day after the Coalition indicates it will revive its nuclear campaign, Labor rolls out the scare tactics already for first tonight.
Speaker 2: We knew it would happen, and it has.
Speaker 3: Jews have been murdered at their own place of worship. After two years of taunts, anti Semitic attacks, pro Palestine rallies, threats and intimidation or bobbing along festering, growing and growing, someone has actually gone and done it. On the holiest day on the Jewish calendar, Yom Kapoor two Jews murdered in cold blood in a terror attack on western soil. Well here it is, ladies and gentlemen, the globalize, the inter Fada, that anti Israel brigade preach week in, week out, that we hear it's happening in front of our very eyes. It's yet another day of thoughts and prayers and condolences to the community.
Speaker 2: Forget it.
Speaker 3: We're too late now, way too late. The horse has bolted. And the scary part is, don't think it can't happen here. In Manchester on Thursday morning local time, two people were killed when a car was driven into crowds at the Heaton Park Hebrew Congregation a gog. The victims were then stabbed to death. Here is how it unfolded and a warning. This vision is distressing.
Speaker 1: On release, their guns trained on the suspected attack.
Speaker 4: Bob.
Speaker 1: They tried to get members of the public away. Is it's school, they stubbed in. No, he's got a Bob. A victim of the attack lies on the floor.
Speaker 5: I'm John bars in a minute's past the bottom.
Speaker 1: When the attacker ignored their instructions, shoot him.
Speaker 3: The terrorist has been identified as g had Ol Charmi, a thirty five year old British citizen of Syrian descent. He was shot dead by police at the scene. UK police have now confirmed three people have been arrested and are being held on suspicion of commission, preparation and investigation.
Speaker 2: Of acts of terrorism.
Speaker 3: They are two men in their thirties and a woman in their sixties. And the saddest part of all this is are we even surprised that it's happened now?
Speaker 2: I hate to say it, but I'm not.
Speaker 3: Hate has been allowed to fester in democratic nations around the world, and we certainly aren't immune. The West is losing the fight, and it sits at the feet of woeful, weak and incompetent leaders like Anthony Albanesi, like UK Prime Minister Kiir Stamer. When you demonize Israel, reward terror, turn a blind eye to hate on home soil, purely for politics, it creates the perfect.
Speaker 2: Environment for anti Semitism.
Speaker 3: This attack in Manchester is a consequence someone has taken it into their own hands. The world is a soup bowl of hate, entrenched in an ideology which has been thrust upon Western democracies under the guise of healthy and sustainable multiculturalism. Now we cannot sugarcoat this anymore because we are losing the battle. Jews have now been murdered in a place where they should feel the most safe.
Speaker 2: How many more warnings do our leaders need yet?
Speaker 3: A conger line of them fell over themselves at the United Nations two weeks ago and recognized Palestine, including Anthony Albanizi and who gave him and Kiir Stamer a pat on the back Humus, So again, are we really surprised at what has happened overnight? The haters have been emboldened and have been given a tick of approval.
Speaker 2: And again, don't.
Speaker 3: Think that this can't or won't happen here in Australia. The warnings are flashing right in front of us. Week in, week out. We are subjected to hateful anti Israel protests. Flags of terror groups are being waved in our streets. Hate preachers brag about being elated by the Hamas Terra attacks. The Australian and Israeli flags are set alight, a portrait of the Ayatollah of Iran is carried across the Harbor Bridge.
Speaker 2: Synagogues and businesses are torched.
Speaker 3: Iran is responsible for two of those attacks on home soil. Antisemitic slogans are graffitied on houses and businesses. Jews are intimidated day in day out. Nurses are filmed on camera allegedly saying they would kill Jewish patients. And now in Manchester it would appear someone has taken all of this a step further.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Last night here in Sydney, as this attack was unfolding, on the other side of the word world, the anti Israel mob were at it again. Hundreds took to the streets protesting against Greta Thunberg's flotilla being stopped by the IDF. They actually think that Greta and her merry band of followers are the real victims.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: This video was posted to social media by Stand for Palestine, a group established by his Butteria activists, a prescribed terror group in the UK. And now we're seeing activists wanting to hijack the Sydney Opera House for a second time to spread their message of hate and division.
Speaker 2: And they want to do this.
Speaker 3: On October twelve, five days after Jews pause to reflect on the second anniversary of the largest loss of life since the Holocaust, and I will have more to say about this planned protest later in the show, but I think the Opposition leader Susan Lee summed up the mood today.
Speaker 6: I just felt sick when I read through what had happened in the UK and the terror and the toxic hatred that underpins this hideous anti semitism. Now we do need to draw a line in the sand when it comes to the protests that we continue to see in this country that are at this point in time completely counterproductive. They do come from a position of division and hatred.
Speaker 3: We are literally watching our country fall apart, and the Manchester terror attack could not be a bigger warning. Now we can't hide away from the truth anymore. We have let some people into Western countries who have extremist values which are incompatible with a Western democracy. They hate us, they hate the West, they hate our values and what we stand for. And based on what we have witnessed here since October seven, twenty twenty three, the complete fraying and decay of our social fibers, I do not think we have control over the culture we are trying to create here anymore. Labour granted three thousand Gazans visitor visas last year with little to no security checks. Two weeks ago, Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke had a private meet and greet at Sydney Airport with dozens of refugees from Gaza. Now I'm not suggesting anyone in this cohort is problematic. However, the question needs to be asked of all new arrivals into the country, what security checks have been carried out? And in the last hour we have just found out that six people, including ISIS brides, have smuggled themselves out of Syria and returned to Australia. The Herald's son is reporting that Labor is aware of the group, including some of the women's children, and after being processed by Lebanese agencies and comprehensive security checks and DNA testing by Australian agencies, they were issued passports. Well, who approved this and why was it kept secret? We should know if there are any risks, And look, Anthony Albanezi has been weak and merely mouthed from day one. Stand up and have some courage, Prime Minister. The global Interfarta is playing out in front of us. And if this terror attack in Manchester is not a big enough wake up call, I truly fear for this country. Joining me now for more on this is liberal Senator just into nampajimper Price. Senator, thank you so much for your time this evening. What warning does the Manchester terror attack send to Australia?
Speaker 7: Look, Danaka, what happened in Manchester, This devastating terror attack. It is a devastating reminder of what can happen when we tolerate hate, When our leaders tolerate hate in our country, is it.
Speaker 8: Leads to this, It leads to terror.
Speaker 7: Basically, we are silly if we think here in Australia that somehow this couldn't happen to us. I mean, we have already seen, you know, the firebombing of the synagogue in Melbourne and attacks on other Jewish businesses. But it is high time that our Prime Minister actually woke up to himself and decided that our Jewish community in Australia requires their human rights to be upheld, requires the opportunity to live in a country that is about ensuring that they are safe from terror, and that goes to the rest of our community as well to the broader community, the broader Australian community. And I suppose what I'd like to see is our Prime Minister and his government and further abroad, you know, all of those in leadership right across the country act with courage and some moral clarity about the anti Semitism that we know has spread like wildfire ever since the seventh of October twenty twenty three, ever since the first round of protests that took place not long after the seventh of October on the footsteps of the Opera House.
Speaker 8: Our primein is to fail. Then he has continued to fail along the way.
Speaker 7: And I'm sorry, but his words, he's merely mouthed words are just not are just not good enough now for what we're seeing escalate in other parts of the world. He was just in the UK himself, and of course he needs to take a stronger stance right here in Australia for the betterment of our community, our social cohesion, and for the Jewish community more particularly.
Speaker 3: Look, absolutely, he has been weak from day one and we are seeing this playing across our country right now. And as I said, just then, don't think that this can't happen here.
Speaker 2: And that is the scariest part out of all.
Speaker 3: Of this, and I think it really should serve as a warning to Australia. And the other thing is, Senator, I'm yet to see any of these pro Palestine protesters come out and support a plan for peace which was put forward by Donald Trump this week. I found it extraordinary the Prime Minister claimed that it was his recognition of Palestine that created a positive momentum for it. In the last few hours, the leader of Hamasa's military Win and Gaza has reportedly rejected the proposal.
Speaker 2: If that's the case, where does it leave this warp.
Speaker 8: Well, that's exactly right.
Speaker 7: I mean the stupidity and thinking that, you know, the Prime Minister thinking that recognizing Palestine in statehood would somehow mean that all of a sudden.
Speaker 8: Harmas is going to behave as though they belong.
Speaker 7: To a state and act accordingly with international law is utterly ridiculous.
Speaker 8: But what our Prime minister did was.
Speaker 7: Emboldens to knuckle down and take the position that they want to take. I mean, obviously what they've done so far has worked for them. I mean it has ensured that this hatred has spread onto the streets of Western nations such as ours. It is seen leaders of Western nations recognize them in statehood, but it doesn't mean, it hasn't meant that they've then taken up what it means.
Speaker 8: You know, legitimate.
Speaker 7: Legitimacy is based on peace, it's based on accountability. And Hamas's yet to present themselves in any light, in any kind of light, in those terms, and they haven't. They failed to release the hostages obviously that they've held on too.
Speaker 8: So you know, it is ridiculous.
Speaker 7: For the Prime Minister to think that he has somehow contributed toward these peace negotiations. Clearly they're not listening to you now, Prime Minister. They only wanted to praise you when you did things that favored them and benefited them.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 7: But right now, obviously everybody is over this war in the Middle East. We know that the Israelis are They want their hostages home, and rightly so those hostages, it's been far too long. It should be at home with their families and Western nations the UN needs to do more in that vein to put pressure onto Humus. Humusk created this in the first place. They still have the power, control the power, but instead they think appeasement is going to bring about peace.
Speaker 8: Well we're not seeing that yet, are we.
Speaker 2: No, look at your spot on I just want to ask you another matter.
Speaker 3: It seems that the coalition will stick to a nuclear policy that was indicated this week by the Shadow Energy Minister, Dan Tee, and are you pleased to hear it?
Speaker 8: Look, I'm absolutely pleased to hear it.
Speaker 7: I mean, we have great unlocked resources in uranium here in our very own country, in our very own backyard.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 8: I recently had a.
Speaker 7: Meeting with Kiir Starmer's Foreign Trade Envoy member and he was talking to me about the fact that he thought, well, it's probably high time that Australia lifted our moratorium and had an actual debate on uclear because nations like the UK and America, as we know absolutely there is a renaissance happening in terms of nuclear power, as Dantean, our shadow Energy Minister, is highlighted, and we need to get on the front foot with this instead of finding ourselves going backward when it comes to energy policy in our country. And the fact that this government, the Labor government, Alberanezi's government, has ensured that our energy prices have skyrocketed, our energy is becoming more unreliable. But no, it's all about euclear and the best way forward. And I support this wholeheartedly. I always have, and I think Dantean's done a great job in lookoking out how the technology is advancing and how we need to get on board with that.
Speaker 8: It's common sense and we need to put.
Speaker 7: The ideology aside to all of this and invest in what we should be doing like other Western nations around the world.
Speaker 3: Look, I completely agree we need cheap, reliable energy because we're on a pathway where the lights are not going to be kept on in this country. So I applaud the coalition if they are indeed going to be adopting this. Before we let you go, Senator, I have to ask you about Susan Lee.
Speaker 2: Do you back her as leader?
Speaker 7: Look, I mean I support the leader. I respect the leader. This is her job, this is her role. She must be respected as the leader and what she's trying to do to lead the Liberal Party going forward. I hope that as a party we can stop the infighting and support one another and actually for well come up with some policies, because I think we've got a bit of a policy vacuum so that we can stamp our.
Speaker 8: Ground and we can draw a line in the sand.
Speaker 7: And we can say this is what we stand for, so the Australian people understand what it is we stand for. You know, as a backbencher, obviously there are issues that I am utterly passionate about that I will continue to fight for because I am about making sure that we are listening to the Australian people, to the quiet Australians who have felt like they've largely been ignored. And it is our roleage in every one of us who are elected to Parliament by the Australian people, to do so. But I do hope that we can come up with some great policies that we can all get behind, so that we can demonstrate that we are a strong opposition because our country needs that desperately right now.
Speaker 8: Australians are calling out for it.
Speaker 3: I completely agree, absolutely just into napajimber Price. Really appreciate your time. Thank you so much for joining me on the show this evening.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Deneka.
Speaker 3: Well let's return now to the Manchester terror attack. Here was the UK Prime Minister Kia Stamer's response.
Speaker 9: To every Jewish person in this country. I also want to say this, I know how much fear you will be holding inside of you. I really do. I express my solidarity but also my sadness that you still have to live with these fears. Nobody should have to do that.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is Reform.
Speaker 3: UK Counselor for County Durham, Darren Grimes. Darren, thank you so much for joining me. Look, you know you're Prime Minister just recognized Palestine. He's demonized Israel for the past two years and has shown incredibly weak leadership and now he claims he knows how much fear Jews in the UK must have.
Speaker 2: What do you make of his response to this attack?
Speaker 5: Well, I think Danika that actually those words run about as hollow as skull does.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 5: This is a man who has spent the last two years totally demonize in Israel to try and appease his backbenchers who are like a baying mob towards the Jews in Israel, and of course to his party membership, which are somewhere to the left of I don't know the politics of Jeremy Corbyn, so recognize in Palestine. Actually, in my view, were saying to the terrorists that actually they got what they want. They basically are having October seven's actions endorsed and appeasing the very movement that actually fuel the hatred of Jews that culminates in the attack on the synagogue yesterday. He tells the Jewish community here that he knows their fear, but actually, Danika, I would argue that it's his weakness that has helped exacerbate and ferment that fear. I'm thirty two years old, I'm not Jewish, but i feel, Dnika, like I've watched my country be dismantled and replaced with something utterly foreign. You know, Jewish schools and synagogues in Britain now need permanent security as if we're in a war zone and not the state of Israel. It isn't leadership. It's a total and a cultural surrender, and it sickens me to the very core of my being.
Speaker 3: Look you're not wrong, and I'm afraid it's happening over here in Australia too, Darren. And look I've got to show you this because hours after the attack, pro Palestine protesters descended on Whitehall.
Speaker 1: Darren.
Speaker 3: They think that Greta and her Mary band of followers are the real victims on a day that Jews are slaughtered in their place of worship.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, you put it very well there. I mean, look, it's the double standards. We're told that the so called far right are the big threat. You know Apple TV. I note in their big drama slow Horses have a far right threat shooting to death a poor Muslim mayer. I mean, this is just all it's grotesque, the distortion of reality within the position that we're in in the West. You know, more than two thousand arrests have come from gaza based protests. But if a far right thug right Danika had stormed a Manchester mosque and slaughtered the worship as God forbid, do you really think the police would be green light and marches from those kinds of activists on the very same day. There ain't a chance. There's not a cat and chance. Hell, because it's Labour's chosen mobs right, they get a free pass because of the cause of which they are standing. And I find it utterly morally reprehensible. It's an act of political cowardice. And the Labor mayors in both Manchester, Andy Burnham and Sadiq Khan in London, I think have shown themselves for the weak, tiny little men that they are. Shame on them, Danika, because it's shames Britain, not just here but on the international stage.
Speaker 11: Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look you're at your spot on. Now look before we let you go.
Speaker 3: Reform UK leader Nigel Farage has taken a swipe at our Prime Minister Anthony Aberesi after he failed to meet him on his recent tour of the UK. Now you recall that Albo addressed the UK Labor Party conference last week where he accused Reform.
Speaker 2: Of dividing people Darren.
Speaker 3: Nigel Farage says that Anthony Aberenese has failed to recognize the current shift in political sentiment across the West.
Speaker 2: He's not wrong, is he?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: Absolutely not. Nigel's absolutely spot on. You know, leaders like Alberzi, Starmer, Trudeau, Biden. You know there, I just want to break out in a sort of rendition of YMCA, you know, because it's that sort of progres aggressive politics. They all sing from the same hymnsheet, Daneeka. They sneer at so called populism. They accuse us of dividing people, which is incredibly hypocritical given with the kinds of things that they parrot on a daily basis. But they refuse to actually face the truth, and the truth is very simple ordinary men and ordinary women across the West. They're sick of mass migration. They're sick of the threat to themselves and the children. They're sick of the Green zealotry making their lives colder and poorer. They're sick of being told that their own culture and the generations of their ancestors who've fought and fermented said culture, are uddly worthless. The political whether it's shifting very very fast indeed, but the Left are stuck in their university seminar rooms and they just simply do not get it. They're about to be swallowed up by it, though, And we don't want the scenes, Daneeka. I would just finish with the scenes like those a couple of years back calling for horrific acts against Jews outside of the Sydney Opera house. We don't want to see terror attacks on the streets and synagogues of Britain. And I suggest that we use arrogant Albanesi and his progressive prats as fuel for our fights. You know, our version of patriotism, our version of national renewal, will have to be bold, We'll have to be unashamed. We've got to be actually rooted in a belief in who we are, our history, and confident in our self defense because this isn't someone else's war, This isn't just Israel's war, Danika, this is our war taking place on the streets of Australia and the United Kingdom.
Speaker 3: Absolutely spot on, and Israel is fighting terror for the West, not just fighting for their own survival, for all of us. And what a shame and what a blight on leaders like Anthony Abernese and Kirstama that they are so blind to see what's going on. Darren Grimes, great to see you, Thank you very much for joining me on show this evening.
Speaker 5: Always a pleasure to think. Thank you.
Speaker 2: Coming up after the break, New South Wales Police will welcome back.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is New South Wales Independent MP Tanya Mahlik and former New South Wales Police Minister David Elliot.
Speaker 2: Height to both of you. Thanks so much for joining me.
Speaker 3: As always, I want to start with your reactions to that horrific terror attack on a synagogue in Manchester. What warning do you think, Tanya, does it serve for Australia.
Speaker 11: Well, Australia needs to make sure that we don't become lax in the way that we monitor these organizations and these people.
Speaker 12: My cot soon for what's happened in the.
Speaker 11: UK is that political cowardice has led to complacency too much. PC concerns there have led to the UK government not being on top of the various different organizations they need to monitor and the people they need to monitor.
Speaker 12: And Australia needs to learn that too. You can't become.
Speaker 11: Laxed and relaxed about potential acts of terror.
Speaker 12: You absolutely can't be.
Speaker 11: You've got to use your telecommunications powers, you've got to use the digital electronic powers, and you've got to monitor people, and you've got to monitor organizations. You can't tell me that these people don't plan these attacks. They do, and somebody knows about these types of attacks, and they're not informing the police like they should be in Australia needs to absolutely be alert and watch this space.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: I agree, but my concern David is you know we have seen a lot of antisemity. It's been festering now for two years.
Speaker 2: Don't say that this can't happen here. I mean it just took.
Speaker 3: One person over there, one person to just go for it and take matters into their.
Speaker 13: Own hands and that's right, and Tanya's right. I mean this is proof positive that we cannot downgrade our security ratings. We cannot just become intolerant because it's politically incorrect to say that we have a higher level of a security rating here or in the United Kingdom. I think the intelligence genesies need to come solid, need to come out and say if this bloke was on their radar, because if it wasn't on their radar, well then the community needs to know that we really do have to be prepared for radicalization from nowhere. And if this guy wasn't on their radar, it's proof again that you can be radicalized overnight, normally on the Internet and they'll do a job.
Speaker 3: Look, I completely agree with you, and look, you obviously have faith in our own counter terrorism operations.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that that they're on top of it. But it is a worry now.
Speaker 3: Look, the New South Wales Police will lodge a Supreme Court bid to block a pro Palestine protest at the Sydney Opera House in October twelve if the protester has refused to accept an alternate route.
Speaker 14: There's heightened public emotions around this and we understand it We're not anti protest. We facilitate thousands of protests, and in fact, with this particular group, we've been facilitating protests and public assemblies for the last two years. So it's not a matter of us not wanting them to have a public asas it's not even a matter about it being at the Opera House itself. It's about public safety.
Speaker 10: They'll make the decision based on public safety grounds. I'm not going to offer public commentary before they've spoken, if for no other reason that I don't want to draw attention to the organizers that seem to thrive on the notoriety of it all.
Speaker 3: Look, you know, at what point do we say enough is enough? Okay, Tanya? Yes, we live in a democratic country. Yes, of course that means we have a right to protest. But there is deep seated divisions at these protests that we're seeing week in week out, and we know exactly what happened last time at the Sydney Opera House a few days after October seven.
Speaker 11: Oh Look, and can I just firstly start, well done to pen McKenna.
Speaker 12: That was a very good press conference city. I'm tooked today.
Speaker 11: I made it very clear the police have real concerns about the public safety and the amenity of Opera House being used as a protest site. The common sense should prevail. The group now know that there is an alternative. The police have offered them an alternative. If they don't accept the alternative route, then it tells you that there's a reckless indifference about Australian institutions, as a reckless indifference about Australian democracy and a reckless indifference about Australian way of life, because that's what this group's about. This is a group that's based on anarchy. It's about protests for protests sake, and I think Australians have had enough. The police are doing everything they can in fairness, So it's the government I think. I think Chris means is I think opposed.
Speaker 2: He were very good on this matter from the.
Speaker 12: Caucus, isn't He's got a large proportion of caucus.
Speaker 11: Who actually attended the Harbor Bridge protest last time. But nevertheless, he himself has been good on this issue, as have the police.
Speaker 12: There is an.
Speaker 11: Alternative route available. What are the protests is going to do? And if they don't take that up, it's then we're clear as day Australians need to wake up. This isn't about the issue at hand, It's about just simply devaluing Australia's way of life.
Speaker 3: I mean, and that is loud and clear that our values have been eroded since, particularly since October seven. And that goes without saying. Now you're a former minister of course here in New South Wales there are now suggestions that perhaps laws need to be changed, David stop protesters from using iconic landmarks like the Sydney Opera House for their protests.
Speaker 2: Do you agree with that? Is that a solution?
Speaker 13: I think we have to because the court has clearly said that they're contemptuous of the government and the police will and despite the fact the police have a very very solid safety message that is that they underestimated the numbers on the Harvard Bridge a couple of months ago and now they need even more support.
Speaker 2: And the Premier.
Speaker 13: Probably my only criticism of the premieer is he should have called out today that there will be a change in the Act will that will give the police the power to say it's not going to happen, because at the end of the day, it is a safety sue. However, having said all of that. There's a moral dilemmit here as well. I mean, if I was a Palestinian or a pro Palestinian protester, I'd be keeping the aiversary of October seven a very low key.
Speaker 8: Ev they did last time.
Speaker 2: I think that this is.
Speaker 13: Something worth celebrating, and waving a flower over is just sickening. So I think there is there's a moral message to be getting to be sent out from government as well.
Speaker 3: Now look, I'm with you all the way, and I just want to learn our viewers that there will be a special documentary investigating the rise of anti Semitism here on Sky News Australia on Wednesday, October eighth at seven thirty pm, so you won't want to miss that one. Now earlier I spoke about this. In the last hour, we've just found out that six people, including ISIS brides, have smuggled themselves out of Syria and returned to Australia. The Herald son is reporting Labor is aware of the group, including some of the women's children. After being processed by Lebanese agencies and comprehensive security checks and DNA testing by Australian agencies, they were issued passports David, you were the state's first counter terrorism minister. Does this pass the pub test? How does this happen first? So that they come here, we are in secret, we know nothing about them. Apparently they've had security checks.
Speaker 2: Does that stack up well?
Speaker 13: I'd like to see the security checks because at the end of the day when I was the minis of a counter terrorism the major concern was that they had not been deradicalized when they returned to Australia. And what we've seen in Manchester is somebody who came out from nowhere to create an horrific act, to undertake a horrific act, and there's no guarantee that somebody has come from the type of background that they've lived in in Syria, that they're not sleepers from one of the better word and the concern, of course is that they will go and live amongst the very communities that they've been at war with in the Middle East. And I think this really should be a line in the sand for the Australian intelligence agencies and law enforcements agencies. They really do need to say to government we need the political air crve, but to change the rules to prevent this from occurring.
Speaker 11: Look, absolutely the governments will for the change data, which I don't think it is. I think the government's welcoming these women back.
Speaker 12: That's the problem.
Speaker 11: I mean, these women willingly became Isis brides. I just cannot believe that there's even a thought bubble out there that we would bring them back into Australia. They are indoctrinated, they're completely in my.
Speaker 12: View, you can't save these people.
Speaker 11: And the idea that they're coming back into Australia, why because we're going to put the tax bill, aren't we We're going to pay for the health, wealth needs, their eddication needs, their housing needs. This is absurd and David's right the safety issue as well. You've got the Australian Assyrian Christian community who have escaped from Syria to get away from ISIS, who will now be forced to live amongst these people.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, urrageous they've gone over there on this Gehardi romance, and you know what, we're just supposed to just welcome them back.
Speaker 2: With open arms. You know, give me a breaking seriously, Tanyam Haylock, David Eli, we've got to leave it there. Thank you so much as always for joining me. I really appreciate it. Stay with us.
Speaker 3: Coming up after the break, I'll catch up with Stephanie Bastian Women's Form Australia, following just Into Alan's shopping response to a male prisoner housed in a female jail.
Speaker 2: That's next.
Speaker 3: Well, we live in a strange country where women in leadership roles don't know what a woman is and would rather portray the rights of women in favor of warped gender ideology. Yesterday, Victorian Premier just Into Alan came out of hiding and refused to comment on the case of a male sex offender who raped his own daughter and is now being housed in a women's only prison because he now identifies as a woman.
Speaker 15: And I'm just not going to comment on individual cases because that would then infer, that would then infer. But no, but I think more generally, again, it's difficult to make general comments that wouldn't then reflect on this particular set of individual circumstances because they are particularly unique.
Speaker 3: Head of Advocacy at Women's Forum Australia, Stephanie Bastian rites in The Australian today, when we allow corrections policy and our laws to be dictated by activists it is women and children that bear the heaviest burden of harm. And Stephanie joins me. Now, thank you very much for your time this evening. Look, you raise a very good point here because we have female activists like just Center Alan in charge who were more intent on actually protecting the rights of a very small percentage of the population than every woman in her state.
Speaker 16: Well, good evening, Denika, great to join you, and can I also just thank you quickly for your interview last week with Rachel Wall and kicking off this very important national debate with James McPherson. Jasiner Allen has shown appalling leadership this week. I don't know how she can have the faith in corrections Victoria.
Speaker 8: I mean, in.
Speaker 16: Twenty twenty two they fit to place a male rapist back in prison for assaulting a woman in the female prison. They've got no judgment whatsoever. And I spoke to a source who works within the prison recently who advised me that when males are looking to transfer into female prisons, they put the women into lockdown. This is a horrendous breach of human rights in the way that they are handling these cases is appalling. So I think that we need to ensure that she is held accountable, that we don't stop pushing the buck until she comes to the table on this, because at the end of the day, very vulnerable women in prison are the most at risk of harm.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And look, there's an overarching issue in Australia, isn't there. It involves a Sex Discrimination Act, which was of course amended.
Speaker 2: By Julia Gillard.
Speaker 3: The definitions of sex man and woman were removed. So everything that we're actually seeing playing out in Victoria right now and other parts of the country for that matter, is okay because the law says it is steph. We don't know what a woman is.
Speaker 16: That's right, and I think amending the Sex Discrimination Act is a step in the right direction. But we've got state legislation also compounding these issues. We've got guidelines, We've got a useless Sex Discrimination Commissioner who doesn't know the difference between men and women, male and female. So I think the whole system needs an overhaul. I like to see a commitment from the opposition to investigate, to review this whole process as an election commitment, and to make some changes to bring Australia back to biological reality. It's happened in the UK, it's happened in the US. Even New Zealand have dropped certain guidelines to do with sport and their Health department towards biological reality. But once again Australia is in the back order doing absolutely nothing to the detriment of women.
Speaker 3: Whether I think just where the laughing stock now of the world, Like, we've just reached that point. And I just want to ask you quickly about the Victorian Premier yesterday when she was asked about this case. She's said that she can't comment it's too unique of an issue.
Speaker 2: What sort of an excuse is that?
Speaker 8: It's not an excuse. This is a black and white issue.
Speaker 16: We are talking about biological men being in female prisons. If there are men who are in a vulnerable situation within the prison, that is a issue for the male prison system.
Speaker 8: Of course they should be put into.
Speaker 16: Their own so that they are kept safe and so on so forth. But this is not a female issue prison. It is not up to female prisoners, who often come from backgrounds of trauma and abuse themselves, to somehow bear the brunt.
Speaker 8: Of this issue. It's just not an excuse at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. But the problem is here in Australia. What is a woman?
Speaker 3: We just don't know where. It is an absolute laugh, Stephanie Bastian.
Speaker 2: We have to leave it there. Good to see you. Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: Pleasure Well, it didn't take long for Labor to revive its childish and immature nuclear energy scare campaigns again. A day after the Coalition indicated it would likely stick to a nuclear energy policy aka a policy for cheap reliable energy to keep the lights on in this country and get us off this renewables only magic carpet ride, the Energy Minister was up to his old tricks again, posting this picture to Instagram with the caption it may not yet be Halloween, but this is the scariest film in town. It's scary because it shows the coalition still doesn't get it. Joining me now is nuclear for Australia. Founder Will shackle Well, thanks for joining me. So look that they're back already the scare campaigns and the Coalition has not even yet unveiled a policy.
Speaker 17: Look it's concerning how Energy Minister doesn't realize that that cooling tower is not actually a nuclear reactor. I find it really concerning that the Labor Party is doubling down on this because when you look around the world, the UK and the US are committed to quadrupling nuclear power. India is planning to increase their nuclear capacity tenfold by twenty forty seven, and China is announcing basically ten reactors every single year. So the rest of the world is moving ahead on this. They realize that nuclear is needed for affordable, reliable, abundant clean energy, and it's time that the Labor Party realize that.
Speaker 3: Look, absolutely, and I'm sure before too long we'll be seeing the three headed animal pictures being rolled out. And this is why we just can't have a proper debate about energy in this country because of nonsense life that Now. Look, the Opposition energy spokesman Dan teen has returned from a fact finding mission to the US and he said that there is overwhelming agreement on the coalition side that it needs to be part of the energy mix by nuclear. Well, I have to ask you, do the Opposition really need to go to the US just to find that out about nuclear and then spend months trying to figure out an energy policy.
Speaker 17: Well, look, the facts about nuclear very very clear, and I think it is encouraging that the Coalition is still committed to nuclear power because it is needed in our mix. I honestly wish though, that Labor politicians did the same thing and went overseas looked at nuclear power plants with their own eyes. They are four hundred and forty operable nuclear reactors around the world. This is something that is proven globally, so I really wish that they took a leaf out of the coalition's book right now and how to look at it. Because there is precedent for bipartisanship on nuclear power. The UK Labor Party is one of the biggest supporters of nuclear around the world, and the Democrats are also supportive of it. So obviously we would like to see the Coalition push forward ahead with their policy. There are positive indications coming from danteen at the moment, but at the end of the day, we need bipartisanship on nuclear power and it is not a hard ask.
Speaker 2: Well, look, you know, hopefully we get to that point.
Speaker 3: It's just we don't know with Labor on this one way ticket to renewables fantasy.
Speaker 2: But it's interesting will because Labor is.
Speaker 3: Out claiming that voters backed in their renewables only plan and they say well, this is why we were overwhelmingly elected at the last election. But you know, well, if we cast our minds back, the Coalition I don't think really prosecuted nuclear particularly towards the end. They really shied away from it. But in your view, what part of that policy would need to be changed or executed differently to take a full proof plan on nuclear to the next election.
Speaker 17: Well, look, if the public didn't support nuclear power, you would expect it to have been seeing it in the sights of the opposed nuclear power plants, but in reality none of them actually changed hands. That was despite over three million dollars being spent by anti nuclear groups across the country on an anti nuclear disinformation campaign. I think for the coalition they need to be keeping all options on the table, looking at the vast array of nuclear technologies, whether it's microreactors, small modular reactors, large nuclear reactors as we see around the world. But at the end of the day, the biggest priority must be lifting the nuclear power prohibition. Australia is the only top twenty economy with a ban on nuclear power, yet we have the most uranium in the world. We've got the expertise managing research reactors and we're about to get nuclear submarines. It is only just makes sense to lift the ban and I hope that the coalition focus on that and then see what else they can do in terms of nuclear policy for Australia.
Speaker 3: Look, absolutely we are a uranium powerhouse. What a shame we don't use it to its purpose. Will Shackle, thank you very much for joining me on the program. Really appreciate your insights.
Speaker 17: Thank you, Danikia.
Speaker 3: Coming up after the break, the winners and losers of the week, including Greta Thunberg and a Mary band of followers after their flotella was intercepted by the IDEA.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, it is that time of the week where we sought the winners from the losers. And helping me to do that is Lisa Goddard from a Doni Media. Lisa, good to see you. Thank you so much for treating me now. Your winner this week is the Australia Day Awards returning to the Sunshine Coast.
Speaker 4: How good is this? Finally we're seeing some common sense come in and we haven't got counsels. Counselors actually surrendering to this claim that we can no longer be proud of being Australian, celebrate Australia Day. They're actually taking some steps forward, and good on Mayor Roseta Noa told because she's decided that awards that they canceled in twenty twenty three, they're now back. They're happy to go out there and do what Australia Day should be about, which is recognizing and celebrating the true heroes of this country, the quiet people in our community who are actually out there making a difference. So I know we shouldn't be talking about Australia Day just yet, and it's tires and we will have many debates leading up to the twenty sixth of January. But I just think at this point this is a win through a council, a local council actually making a good decision for a change.
Speaker 3: Well, finally, Lisa some common sense and I hope that other councils follow suit. The problem is, of course, as we would be, and the problem is, as we know, is that multiple council councils they cancel their Australia Day celebrations, they move their citizenship ceremonies to a different day. You know, they've gone completely woke. So well done to this one for at least showing some common sense on the matter. I think it's great now I had to give my winner this week to Greta.
Speaker 2: Lovely Greta Thunberg. Isn't she great?
Speaker 3: Simply because her flotilla has been a flop for a second time, which I think is good news.
Speaker 2: Her and her merry band of followers have been.
Speaker 3: Detained after being intercepted by the f IDF, and here was her very dramatic response.
Speaker 18: My name is Gidlingion leonis, citizen of Sweden. If you are watching this video, I have been abduncted and taking against my will. My Israeli courses ice humanitarian mission was non violence and abiding by international law. Please tell my government to demand my and the other's immediate release.
Speaker 2: Lisa, she thinks she's been abducted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and she obviously hasn't watched and refuses to watch those videos to understand exactly what it is to be abducted, in, kidnapped and worse. But look, I think this is our own goal for her. This is a win because one thing Greta Tumberg wants more than saving the planet or being a pro Palacitian supporter is actually publicity, and that's exactly what she is getting.
Speaker 17: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, she'll spend what until Sunday or Monday before she's deported. The reports are that she'll be in some prison where apparently there are terrorists also being held. So I think maybe the Israel government and saying, look, you had a crack at this in June, we sent your home in the back rogue and next to the toilets. That wasn't enough to discourage you. So here you go, spend some time in prison and see what it's like and hopefully don't come back again. But if you look at Greta Janika, I think she's having a crisis of identity. You know what, since fifteen, has been lecturing us about climate change and saving the planet. Now she's turned off.
Speaker 8: So Justice Warrior.
Speaker 4: The only good news is she rides herself on being a youth activist. And I looked up the United Nations definition of youth is up to twenty four, so oh, she's just over twenty two. The time frame is shortening.
Speaker 3: Oh look, I mean, of course that that would be the official definition. But look, I couldn't agree more with you. And in fact, you know what, I think Israel's done us all a favor, really, so all the best gret up by you know, no sympathy here. Now your loser of the week are the children of Nicole Kidman.
Speaker 2: And Keith Urban.
Speaker 3: As this tabloid feeding frenzy continues over there.
Speaker 4: Split Yeah, look like me, we are across the news from every angle, and I can tell you from the groups I've been around this week. Yeah, they might be across what's happening politically, but the one story they're talking about is this divorce between Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban. Look forty of marriages now in this country alone and in divorce, and you have to care about and think about the kids and.
Speaker 8: That as a couple.
Speaker 4: They made such an effort to keep these kids out of the media as long as they possibly could. And once the paparazzi have gone after Keith, which I did today at his first concert in Pennsylvania, they've snapped in the coal out for a walk with her sister. Yeah, you have to feel that the next two targets will be those kids. They try to go about their everyday life and watch this awful soap opera play out very publicly.
Speaker 3: You're right, we do actually forget about the kids in this situation. But Gea, you know, I think I feel like it's been a topic of discussion everywhere what happened between the two of them.
Speaker 2: It has been about twenty twenty years.
Speaker 3: I think they were married for which is huge, But there's a lot of suggestions about what may have happened.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll never really know. But you know, if the Gerdo is playing Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 3: Oh, exactly, absolutely spot on. Now my loser this week, Lisa is Carmla Harris. She's about to burden us again by what has been. Would you believe she's coming back down under this time in February to headline the Women Unlimited Leadership Summit. I don't know why anyone would want to hear her talk, because I'm worried we're going to be subjected to this.
Speaker 19: And what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, there is great significance to the passage of time in terms of what we need to do to see the moment in time in which we exist and are a present.
Speaker 3: Oh, it sends shivers down by spine stell Lisa, So you know, here's she comes. She's coming back again, and we're going to be subjected to it all again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm guessing lines like leadership is about leading. How about something like that or a ven diagram, you know, a circle of a woman, a circle of power, that's where the two overlapped. I just think if you come to spend all of that money to bring her out here, if you look at speaking fees, it's estimated she could be charging around three hundred thousand dollars to do the event. Really, what what are you going to learn about leadership from Kamala Harris? It would be about as much I'm guessing as what the property sector learn when she came out to the Gold Coast to talk about real estate at a property summit.
Speaker 3: Well in mind, but well, it's all about the passage of time. That's what it's all about, Lisa uh And speaking of time, we're out of time. Good to see you. Thank you so much for joining me on the show. Thank you so much for joining me. That's it for me. I'll be back at seven pm on Sunday for Deneka and James. And now he's James McPherson filling in for Steve Price.