Speaker 1: Apoche Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Chills, the ghost Story podcast that you won't believe unless, of course, it happened to you.
Speaker 3: So my name is Luke. I am thirty six years old. I was born in Adelaide. Grew up initially in a country town outside of Adelaide, two and a half hours north of Adelaide, and then went up to North Queensland, far North Queensland Townsville. And it was in those places that you know, a few little spooky things happened along the way.
Speaker 2: You don't have one story, You've got a shitload of stories, right.
Speaker 3: I got lots of little creepy things that happen. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if i'd call myself a believer, okay, right, so until something happened to me and then I was a believer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Have you always sort of believed in, you know, the occult and stuff?
Speaker 3: It's weird, It's not that Even now, even now I'm not necessarily a believer. I still questioned to go, what am I experiencing? What is it that I'm seeing? How that into play with this reality? Like I really I go a little bit deep on these ones. So I would look at it and kind of think I kind of look at this reality when I looked we were at one time, I looked at a pond and you know, and I saw the fish underneath it, and I was like, it's such a great concept of this life. Right, we're at the fish, and we're in the water, and we're swimming around. Some of them are higher up at the top of the water and they can kind of see glimmers from this like shiny thing that's above them, but they don't know what it is because the water stops there, right. And then other people, like other fish. So you're swimming down, Laura and there in the darker parts, and everyone's gonna kind of got their layers. I sometimes think that maybe I'm one of the lucky fish who just happened to be closer to the top of the surface. And then every now and again, this like random hand will come in or I don't know, something will zoom past, and I'm like, what the hell is that? But I can't make sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Luke just went very deep, very quick. But that's okay. We're not here to judge. We just want to hear the stories that give us the chills. This one starts when Luke was about ten years old, so ten.
Speaker 3: Years old in Townsville. We are in a new estate in Townsville, so it's I don't know how to describe the house as there. It's just your classic suburban household, brick household far north Queensland, so it's built for cyclones and lots of wet weather and all that sort of stuff. In hot weather. We were my mom and dad were still together at that time, so we were living in a house where it was my mom, dad, my sister and I. I don't think one of my older brothers was with us. It was a Sunday morning. I had nothing major was happening over that weekend. I went to bed, everything fine, woke up in the morning, but woke up as if someone had come into my room during the night and turned the light on. So even when you shut your eyes and you're asleep and it's a dark room and then the light turns on and it's like like, what's that light? That was how I woke up. But when I opened my eyes, I realized that my mom had come in. She had opened the curtains and left and shut the door. Now I don't know when she did that, but when I suddenly registered that's how it felt when I was waking up, and it was one of those mornings where I and I specifically remember the feeling because I remember looking out and so my room went to the side of the house where there's kind of like a pathway that goes past my door, and then there's just like a wooden fence, right, so you just look out to the fence, and then you can kind of see next door neighbor's roof in the sky.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: It's just and townsvill. You know, it's generally just hot and sunny, so it was sunny outside. And I laid there and I thought, like, oh, so lovely Sunday morning, right, just like stretched out in bed and I'm laying there and I'm on the side, like I'm laying on my side, and my bed is in kind of the corner of the room, and then I look out across and I'm laying there for a couple of minutes, I guess, and then as I'm laying there, I like see the only way to describe it almost like when you know when you look through water, like if you have water running, and it kind of it's that reflected.
Speaker 1: A little bit distorted.
Speaker 3: Distorted. Yeah, it's distorted. So I see this distorted almost stream across the other side of the room, right in the room, and I thought, like, you know how you think like it maybe it's my eye.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had a like eye sleep in your eyes? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And like it gets that weird, and so I'm like looking as a kid, like what the hell is that? Anyway, it starts moving across the room now it's broad daylight, I'm not dreaming. Moves across the room and then I watch it and then all of a sudden, my bed I see it sink in, so as if someone sat on the bed.
Speaker 1: I just got the chills.
Speaker 3: Oh, I swear to God, sits there, sinks in and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: I so it's it's like an impression, like an.
Speaker 3: Impression into the bed, I swear to God. And then I feel like the weight against like my legs moving up onto my body, as if someone's laying down over the top of me, and then they lean and it lays down over my face that it makes my left eye shut like because I you know, like if someone was laying on you almost blocks that vision. And I was like, and I panic. I'm like, like, I remember I couldn't breathe properly, and then trying to scream to mum, but I couldn't get my voice out. I was like, Mom, Mom, Am, I trying to yell, and it was this like weird broken sound trying to come out, and I was like, get off me, get off me, get off me, like I don't know what this is, get off me, mo, Mom, Mum, And I'm trying to yell anyway, last four gosh, I don't even know twenty seconds, thirty seconds, whatever it might be, like long enough that I'm laying there panicking, going I don't know how I'm going to get out of this. And then I feel it lifts up off me because I feel the weight to move from my body. I see the imprint raise up, so the bed goes back to normal, and then I see it just disappear. I then whip myself out of that bed so far fly out my room. I smashed the door open, come running up Mom, Mom, Mom, and I'm crying and she was like, what is wrong with you? And she says, I come running out to the table, and I remember in my head, I remember running out and running up to her and like grabbing her, crying, going, you won't believe what just happened. And she grabbed, you know, like a mum, grab your face, like what do you talk? What's happened? What's happened? And she said my face was pale white and just had these big red rings around my eyes. That is just nuts, yeah, wild yeah. And then so I was obviously rattled for the rest of the day. I was really quite tired, Like I just felt a bit put a bit out of it as it goes. So my mom was not this well, this is definitely unusual for her. The whole ghost spirit, spirituality, whatever you want to whatever you want to lump it. She was very much into anything kind of alternative in that in that way, so as it just so happened, the woman who lived next door to us, Michelle, she was right into that. So she used to do like readings, and she was clairvoyant and she could kind of pick up ghosts and energies and all that so perfectly aligned right, who your neighbors are. So later that day or that morning, my mum goes over to see Michelle and says to her about the situation that happened, and so Michelle taps in and does her thing, and as it turns out, based on whatever Michelle read there, she was like, oh no, it was to do with it was quite a number of years ago when that whole area because it was a new development area, right, So when that whole area was just countryside. There was a young kid, I can't remember it was a boy or a girl, young kid when out horse riding fell off, the horse died, happened to be around that thing was just attracted to my energy and had kind of made its way over. And that was the experience that I had, based on how she perceives and reads things, had done it. So she kind of went in and went, oh, yeah, no, this is who it is. And I've told them, you know, you can go now. But that was I can't say that was the beginning. I'd always had it as a kid. I'd have like moments, I'd feel things and see things, but that was the most in my face. I'm wide awake first thing in the morning and see something come over.
Speaker 2: And did that experience, that that feeling of someone laying on you, an entity lying on you without seeing anything, did that ever happen again?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's so matter of fact, yes, yeah, no it.
Speaker 3: Did because when I was so I always had it. As a kid, I would always see these things. Then, stupidly, when I was fifteen, so by that point mum and dad had broken up, I went to live in Adelaide with my dad. It was fine. I was fifteen. So you're all over the place, right, You're going out with your friends and like underage drinking and doing all that sort of silly behavior. And I went to a friend's place and we decided one night, we're going to do a seance.
Speaker 1: Dumb, dumb, So.
Speaker 3: Like anyone, like, I know, we're all intrigued, but don't do a seance. No, just don't know. There's no point.
Speaker 2: Now, if you've heard episode one, you would have heard my own family's experience with a seance. My advice is don't do it. Nothing good comes from it. It won't be like Jimungi. You're just going to drag up stuff that doesn't need to be dragged.
Speaker 3: A post seance, I had a week of wild, wild interactions of things coming into my room during the night, me waking up like being held down, like horrible, horrible, horrible. I don't know what it was I would never wish it on anyone. It was a really crappy week afterwards. And when I told my mom, she was like, what, so I agree with me about it? Understandably, yah, wild because I would have people visit all the time right after this, like continuing on.
Speaker 1: People visit, not like someone coming out for coffee. You're talking about like.
Speaker 3: I would see things, which is why I like, I am open to it, and I believe it because I know what I saw. Like I remember, you know, my mum and dad had broken up for the age of eleven, ten or eleven, we moved with mum and so you're you're young, but you're kind of getting to an age, but you're still young at heart, right, So we were very like and you're feeling quite uncertain with things whatever. So we're in this new house. Every now and again, you'd like, my sister and I would kind of fight for who's going to sleep in Mum's bed, right, we'd go and sleep down there. I remember one night I was sleeping in Mum's room and rolled over in the middle of the night awake. And you know the difference between being awaken and a dream, because I've had plenty of dreams that I could tell you about those, but this was definitely wait rolled over looked at the ground next to me, and then next to my bed, a little boy and little girl in this like nineteen twenties school uniform sat there with their legs crossed looking at me. I was like, oh nope.
Speaker 1: Roll back over, shove my head into the pillow, and was.
Speaker 3: Like please get wait, please got away.
Speaker 1: Please yeah. World.
Speaker 3: But after that, I don't know, I think I really shut it down, like I really made a concerted effort, like I don't want to see phil any, like I don't want anything. And then interestingly, you know, ten years later or a little bit longer than that, it all starts to open back up again. And actually only recently it's really ramped up again. So wow, I see I see a lot more of them now, I see tad people.
Speaker 1: They're sitting on your fucking floor.
Speaker 2: If you've got a story that could give us the chills, then dms on Instagram or TikTok at the Chills pod or email us at the Chills at podshape dot com.
Speaker 1: See you next time.
Speaker 3: Two