Speaker 1: We got gety morning every Dayay, gentlemen, Adelaide, John, surely you jelly you're on a bellie flying through the belly sne mearly they.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the show, Joshu Shelley show.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll get to footy in just a moment.
Speaker 4: Maybe we will, maybe we won't, because we need.
Speaker 3: To get to the bottom of what happened at your house this week and the cops are involved.
Speaker 5: The cops are involved.
Speaker 6: Yes, there was a few cars going up and down Ash Street, a few neighbors outside.
Speaker 5: Looking what's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happened.
Speaker 6: So it started with it's probably about ten ten, eleven o'clock at night and Luke randomly got this text on his phone that said, oh, hey mate, you did such a good job on the weekend. Just picked up the boat. Thanks for thanks for giving me the boat. So Luke's got a boat at the front of our house at the moment. We're working out to store in where house, so it's just at the front and he's like he looks down, He's like, this is I don't think I've sold the boat because his dad and goes, dad, have you saw the boat?
Speaker 5: And he's like, nah, no, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 6: So he runs outside quickly, pretty much just in his jocks, nothing on, and the boat's missing.
Speaker 5: And he's really rated.
Speaker 6: Runs upstairs to me because I'm trying to organize the warehouse for him to put his boat into it, and he goes, Josh, did you get the guy to come picked up? I go, oh, no, I don't think so, but I'll give a text anyway calling up no. And then next minute we're all outside just pretty much just like in our jocks, looking at what's going on, and a cop car comes past up and down our street a couple of times, and then he goes right to the end of the street and the.
Speaker 5: Signs go on and off, and we're like, what's going on?
Speaker 6: And then then they drive past with the windows down and laugh and their heads off and go are you guys in a boat?
Speaker 5: They're like yeah, and they're like oh okay, and they went.
Speaker 6: They're being so weirdly blunt. They didn't give us any details. Do you know where it's gone? They're like, yeah, there's a car that took her down the road. And we're like, do you know who the car is? Yeah, it's miss Abishi and we're like, do you know who the people are? And they're like, yeah, there was these two Irish boys.
Speaker 2: I was keen.
Speaker 6: It was keen and car right. They put the boat at the end of our street and then parked their car, hid in the car while the cops came past and put their backs but the car. The cops went put their signs under see who's in the car because their neighbors across the road have called the cops and saw them into that.
Speaker 2: So then they had to explain what was going on, just a prank.
Speaker 6: And then they drove up and down our street multiple times with they couldn't see anyone in the car, and then parked right at the front and come out with both of their girlfriends as well.
Speaker 5: They were in the prank too.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, this is a will So is it a prank? It is a prank that's technically gone wrong. But then the cops at sports I've jumped on board.
Speaker 5: They've jumped on board, and yeah, so.
Speaker 3: It was just so the cops were in on it, were they.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they were in on it.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: So they were just and they just laughed and drove off.
Speaker 6: They didn't really give us any.
Speaker 2: Details Irish pranks?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: Is that a stock standard from Marque?
Speaker 5: That's pretty stock standard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: As soon as the day one he got to the club here because he had no one's phone, numbing out his Irish phone, he was texting everyone on it and pretending that you he was stalkers that would come to our house. He'd leave the eggs and notes under our matt and just crazy guy here.
Speaker 3: You footy club ranks, they're just next level, aren't They?
Speaker 2: Got to stay sharp, stay sharp footy pranks? So one thing, but what about football finans? Feedback? Chosh from your TikTok dancing on at Jodie and hazy Charlie x X.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it was okay.
Speaker 6: I've got a few views I looked back on yeah something Yeah thirty three.
Speaker 4: Now Josh is pretty happy with that.
Speaker 2: Worth it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he cares up.
Speaker 2: Did you get any finds for that?
Speaker 6: Did you get coup one hundred? The boys weren't too happy with it. They showed it multiple times and it was a pretty cringe to watch. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And so also you've got form on this front, because you did tell us that you've been practicing in your hotel room. At Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Yes I did. And that video got leaked as well, which was.
Speaker 2: So what about it? Just picture like, I don't know, Jordan Dawson, Taylor Walker getting in the zone, probably studying fusion for the opposition, Josh was Sheerley, TikTok dancers just preven for a game.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Can we quen ask how much money do you find?
Speaker 5: I think it was a few. I think I can't just remember who it was, like three four hundred dollars, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, and where does that money go?
Speaker 6: It goes towards our end of day, mad Monday. There's a lot. There's a few thousands in there. So, as I was mentioned before, I don't know where the rest of the money is going because alcohol a few slabs is at that much?
Speaker 3: No, no, So who collects the money?
Speaker 6: Kieran Strawn's our guy who's on the fine, so I reckon it's going straight into his pocket.
Speaker 3: The rest of right, it sounds like it.
Speaker 2: Gosh, you could have a nice little at the Hilton. By the sounds of that price.
Speaker 3: You've come in with a little black eye. Not as bad as.
Speaker 6: Texan though, No, Taylor, it was I didn't really on the game. I thought he I got real scaled. I thought he's old. He's done something to his legs. He's on the ground and around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mine, ghost Jes is so old.
Speaker 2: Did I hear as well that he was getting feedback from some of his teammates that he was doing a ray gun impersonation.
Speaker 3: That was funny movement, that's amazing. But he's going to be all right. It's not a rustlane situation.
Speaker 6: Now, he go quick, little laser surgery showed up to the game. But he should be fun next week, depending how his old legs are.
Speaker 2: Here you go, big game, of course, the showdown. Do you love showdowns more than any other game? But let's let's be honest and don't set you up to say one week at a time, all that kind of stuff. But given you're not playing finals, how important is this game? How big is it?
Speaker 6: Well, considering most of our lists haven't played finals yet, that's kind of like the only finals game that we really get once a year, big forty fifty thousand crowd. But I do love playing it, and I do love playing in their way once the most.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, right, what sort of feedback do you get?
Speaker 6: You can just hear all the court fans with their no teeth in the background.
Speaker 2: That's all that.
Speaker 4: Will come back.
Speaker 2: That is nice.
Speaker 3: Hey Josh, very quickly before we let you go, we spoke during the week with a couple of girls here who are in the house market, and a survey has come back and said that most people would for go sex in order to have the money for a deposit on a house.
Speaker 4: You don't have a house here?
Speaker 2: Do I do house? Right?
Speaker 4: Did you have to forgo that in order to get your house?
Speaker 5: Not necessarily?
Speaker 2: Okay, Josh? One of those youngsters who can old girl, passo it and do both. Josh. We appreciate you each and every week when we chat with you. Good luck this weekend, and stay beautiful.
Speaker 3: And just keep an eye on your boats.
Speaker 2: You guys, keep an eye on Martine exactly the best.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about cows?
Speaker 2: Yes, please, let's jump into this. There he is. When you think chocolate milk, your immediate thoughts, where does chocolate milk come from?
Speaker 3: Well, sugar and coloring and flavors? Correct into what into milk?
Speaker 2: Into your stock?
Speaker 3: Standardby didn't feel like I had to say into milk because that was very captain obvious.
Speaker 2: So don't you think it's It's super captain obvious, isn't it. How about this for a really alarming statistic from the country which is regarded as the leaders of the free world. Yes, Serve has revealed from the Innovation Center for the US that around seven percent of American adults think that chocolate milk comes from brown cows. Well, it makes sense because they're brown, and so the milk would come out all brown and it would taste all chocolate. Isn't that right? Oh? Here it is this milk and a brown cow. Seven percent. That means twenty three million Americans twenty three Oh my god, comes from brown crash god?
Speaker 3: Oh my support?
Speaker 4: Is it all starting to make sense? Far out?
Speaker 2: So there you go. What else are you going to tell us that they actually landed on the moon? What else that COVID is real? What else have you got? That the Earth isn't round?
Speaker 3: It's flat, you guys, flat, isn't it? What else are they going to tell us that there's not two Milania trumps?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Is there two millennias? Is that a theory?
Speaker 3: Is it? There's a theory that there is a fake millennia? And I'm going to take that step further, there's a fake Millennia in the waiting who looks exactly like the real Millennia, who they roll out when Donald and Millania have had an argument, really and Millenia doesn't want to face the world and she doesn't want to walk out of you know, Air Force one or whatever that's They're like, oh, Millennia is having a day, roll out the fake.
Speaker 2: One, Yeah, wow, Yeah, what's sort of milk the sheep, Because what I've always seen with Millennia's milk is if it's brown, do not drink it down. Welcome to news reader Abby, who brings such a plethora of hot gossip.
Speaker 4: What's good morning, what's open?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 8: Who knows my life today? At the moment, I came across this and thought it would be interesting to have a chat about it. So basically, a guy is has a wife and she's pregnant. She's pregnant with twins, and he has gone and he has bitched to his friends and said, I get that she's pregnant, but she wants to be pampered all the time, and this is ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Why am I doing so much? Essentially is what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Can I say stupid, stupid man.
Speaker 8: My mother used to say and all the time and still says it. Abby men are stupid. And you know what one disagreed if no.
Speaker 2: One disagreed, I agree.
Speaker 3: When Kara was pregnant, you were coming in here and bitching about her. So the dad he ran to too.
Speaker 8: His friends basically said, you know he is. He's upset because she basically wants to be pampered constantly. When it goes into the story, though there's nothing about pampering.
Speaker 3: It's about she.
Speaker 8: Wants me to run to the post office, she wants me to go and do the food shopping, all that sort of thing. And he goes, I think she should still be able to do that despite because she's.
Speaker 3: Not that far along. But she's having twins, Okay, So basically he needs to stop being an adult baby pulled on his big boys and just go and do this.
Speaker 8: One of his other issues is she's only four months pregnant, but she's obviously having twins. But he's had to also help with looking after the grandmother because she's not well.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, welcome to life.
Speaker 8: And he's working full time and he just thinks that all of this is really unfair she's pregnant and he's got to do all the heavy lifting and it's not fair.
Speaker 2: Can I just go on the bath room just a second?
Speaker 4: Go on there?
Speaker 2: There's no possible Well, mate, if you're so upset about it, why do you put a couple of babies in it?
Speaker 3: It's disgusting?
Speaker 2: Well, can't have it both ways. I'm sure that was fun, but now there are consequences.
Speaker 8: I do I do wonder. I mean, obviously I haven't had children, but I do wonder. Are there do men think this? Like as women get you know, yes, okay, you're pregnant. It's sucking the life out of you.
Speaker 3: But do men.
Speaker 8: Actually think this deep down? Do they go, you know what, why can't you go and hang the washing?
Speaker 3: Yes? Why can't? So?
Speaker 2: If you're a man and you want to never have sex again with your wife, tell us about it.
Speaker 3: Also, if you're a woman gives on thirteen twenty four ten, are you pregnant and you're milking the.
Speaker 4: Crap out of it? I love to hear from you as well.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 8: A friend of mine and she's just had her first baby, and I went around to see her on the last weekend and her husband he's got leave.
Speaker 3: He's in with the police and he's got leave.
Speaker 8: And she I said, how's it all going, And oh, yeah, he's been really good. He made scones the other day, he made muffins. He's been baking, and I wait, you know what this is?
Speaker 3: But I wait, you know what. It shouldn't be celebrated at the sense of like, oh my god, look at this, like that's just that's what he should be doing. He should be looking after them, he should be baking. He's got time off than you.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to boil water, make a stock.
Speaker 3: I'd love to see you bake. In fact, I would love to put an apron on you and see you whip up some strawberry ricotta muffins.
Speaker 2: I'd put myself in the oven accidentally outside sunny.
Speaker 8: You'd eat the cake better before we even got in there.
Speaker 4: Andrews stuck in the oven again.
Speaker 2: I think your calls for this does that you're ready men suck men, suck men' suck.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say something really controversial, and I'm so open to feedback on thirteen twenty four ten, but the feedback to me is that millennials cannot work five days straight.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, I said it. It's out there. Now, it's out there. Absorb that, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: I'm just I am speaking on behalf of the plethora of employee ers, and I always get employers and employees mixed.
Speaker 2: Upffoys, big difference, broad bought employees.
Speaker 3: Employers shut up who say they simply cannot find stuff. They cannot find young kids who are willing to do a full five days work.
Speaker 2: When I was young, when I was coming through so here we go, I was working twenty six hours a day. They said it was impossible. Found an extra two.
Speaker 3: That's that farm methic coming out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and fifteen miles of school every morning, stepping on the cow patties, kept my feet when all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, So I sort of based this loosely on a conversation I had with a girlfriend of mine who runs a fairly big company, and she was telling me how one of the young employees in her twenties just disappeared, disappeared from work during the day, and so she has wrung her and said, hey, where have you gone?
Speaker 2: You're coming back.
Speaker 3: She was like, I'm cooking a roast because my boyfriend's parents are coming over, and the boss was like, okay, so when are you coming back? Because it was one o'clock in the afternoon, and she's like, well, I'm not the roast chicken's going to spoil in the car.
Speaker 2: It's forward thinking there, So I like that.
Speaker 3: But what universe can you think back to when you started work if you just left the office at one o'clock and went sorry, not coming back cooking a roast for my boyfriend's parents tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got fired from several jobs, did you surprises no one?
Speaker 2: Vintrality and sort of tardiness and all that sorts of things brutal back then. But I just think that what I did when I was sort of eighteen nineteen to get myself fired and you could definitely get away with now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, I think it's harder to fire people like you. Hear stories about young kids that take days off for their boyfriend's birthday.
Speaker 2: What yeah? Or pet deaths that was never a thing morning a pet death. And don't get me wrong, no one loved my dog more than me. But the idea that you'd take a day off to morn like an animal, I don't want to sound cold hearted. But that wasn't the thing back in the day.
Speaker 3: It's not the intention to sound cold hearted. And yet here we are, and you're right, and no one, no one loved your dog more than you. No one loved that incontinent little much more than I know. It's on.
Speaker 2: Look at her, she's up in heaven right now. This'ff God.
Speaker 3: Actually probably pizzing on God.
Speaker 2: Definitely pissing on God. Jeez, is Jodi wrong? Millennials, give us a call.
Speaker 3: Well, come and avenge yourself. I'm more than happy to hear it. If you've got a strong work ethic and you believe that you can work more than eight hours a day, I love to hear from you.
Speaker 2: All right, give us call thirteen and twenty fourteen. I know exactly what's happening right now. That that's it. I'm going to call these clowns in uh con.
Speaker 3: Wrong.
Speaker 2: I have established this that are in this space. I am firmly Sydney's pool all through the bed, just completely soil, will you?
Speaker 3: Though you came out hard, you are rising rapidly.
Speaker 4: Well that makes me who.
Speaker 2: Well you were the bulldogs, but then they got spanked on the weekend by.
Speaker 3: The cost so who am I?
Speaker 2: Oh geez, you're coming home strong? May your por allaie. This is a nasty second on the ladder, but in some good form.
Speaker 3: That works well for this week, doesn't it. Yes, because the theme is showdown colors.
Speaker 2: Showing colors? Now, can you explain because sometimes it can be a little bit long winded the themes.
Speaker 3: What's absolutely not and I try to explain this in the meeting. It's very very very simple.
Speaker 4: Poored.
Speaker 3: Adelaide are black, white, and teal.
Speaker 2: Oh you're going to rattle off your favorite teal.
Speaker 3: Song, mate, So that was my assignment to find a song related to that. The Adelaide Crows are blue, red, blue, and yellow.
Speaker 9: This is what's really frustrating is I know, I knew you were going to do it just to annoy me, and I still reacted.
Speaker 3: Does it matter?
Speaker 4: What matters?
Speaker 9: It matters the order that you do certain things at the club because it's like a style guide.
Speaker 2: But also it is gold, so red, blue and gold. Correct.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, Emily, you need to calm down. I mean, we don't say that. We don't say that's pregnant women.
Speaker 8: Look, you should know if you're fine, it's not even that hard to be pregnant.
Speaker 2: Is that right? All right? Can you go first? Totes? I certainly in the spirit of your poor adelaide ye, okay, what have you got for us?
Speaker 3: I was thinking about, you know, songs with till there's a few, not many that took my fancy, but this song absolutely took my fancy. It's a pretty fly for a white guy.
Speaker 2: Seeing this next week, Gertie.
Speaker 3: Girdi is like Borough, like guard.
Speaker 2: That's a good turn. This is why you're in such good form. The stuff that you used to bring used to be garbage. That's not true, and then you turned it all around.
Speaker 3: It's certainly untrue. All right.
Speaker 2: What you got offspring pretty far for a white guy versus a song that just I feel also gets you up and about in terms of really shaking your body in the spirit of a showdown. That's right. R hcp JOA can't start read its hot chili weebbers hate low hanging fruit, but what do we always say? The sweetest fruit, and it's the lowest Okay, can't stop, can't get head, Hey.
Speaker 3: Dudes, f from a song again, stop.
Speaker 2: Can't stop red hot chili webbers. Okay, thoughts which.
Speaker 3: We've had this boat before about the best red hot.
Speaker 4: Chili fetherers st.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's probably not their greatest song of all time, but it's for me. The catches and gets me up and about the most What.
Speaker 3: Did they sing at the closing ceremony for the Paris Games?
Speaker 2: This was there. They definitely sung can't Stop. I'm sure of it. Sure when they crossed the La we didn't watch it because we couldn't hear the sand. But watching the TV.
Speaker 3: Did you watch can't Stop or can't Stop?
Speaker 2: You can't stop? They played can't Stop? All right? Get voting at Jodi and and it is currently thirteen apiece. Oh I believe this.
Speaker 3: It's chance, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's five You're going for six weeks in a round? Huh oh gosh, what are you doing? Ladies and Jim?
Speaker 3: Oh wow, don't turn don't turn on those people that jump on the Instagram page and boat please don't.
Speaker 2: Well, you won't turn on because they're on your side exactly. I'm starting to take it personally, my friends at Jody and Hazy. Get voting right now and then we will reveal the winning song tomorrow morning at eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: I think at some stage last year I said, this is starting to feel like a popularity contest because I was losing no matter what I put up. And you said, oh, well, people hate you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I got to say, it has completely swung around. And I asked, is when did I lose your, folks? When did I lose you? What was it?
Speaker 3: Do you really want to know?
Speaker 2: I don't. That's going to hurt my soul.
Speaker 3: At what point did his heartbreak? Like Ralph on the on The Simpsons. I think there's a few things you've done in your time, Okay, all right. There was an incident on television this week, more specifically on ABC Breakfast, and there's a so I called Nate Burne, and he's a weather presenter, very very popular, and he got midway through a weather presentation when this happened to him.
Speaker 10: Right through that part of the country. And we're going to see lots more rain in the days ahead. I'm actually going to need to stop for a second. Some of you may know that I occasionally get affected by some panic attacks, and actually that's happening right now. Lisa, maybe I could hand back to you.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, and she promptly took over and the whole team at ABC. There rallied around Nate, and I feel like watching that back, they had a contingency plan. He obviously sat there and said, this happens to me quite often during weather. I need you guys to be able to pick me up if I fall. And I loved two things about this. I love that his team gathered around just to prop him up. Yeah, And I also love for all those people out there who have suffered panic attacks to watch their televisions and watch that unfold and go, oh my god, I'm not alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think this would happen much more than people would realize, and in particularly with some of these people who part of the job is to look so natural, so cool, so relaxed, and you don't know what's happening beneath the scenes. And by beneath the scenes, I mean you might be watching someone and going, gosh, they're so comfortable. Put a heart rate monitor on them and it's doing two hre and twenty clicks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And listening back to that was really hard for me because I can categorically say that pattern attacks nearly ended my career.
Speaker 2: Really on per well in terms of radio or TV.
Speaker 3: Both a little bit of both, not so much radio, because I've always felt really comfortable in this space. But television is a different beast because, as you well know, it's a visual medium. So radio you can sort of hide behind things. I know that if I trip up, You're going to catch me. If I fall, that's fine, But it is a very lonely place staring down the barrel of a camera. And I used to get them, in particular when I was doing weather on Channel ten. And because whether as you know, is three minutes, it's down the barrel of the camera. There's nowhere to hide. So if you start and even when I'm thinking about it now, I can feel my voice going because it's just it's such a muscle memory thing, such a visceral thing to feel and experience. When your heart starts to beat up like that, you can't breathe, you can't get the words out, and you are so very cognizant of the fact that you are live on television at the time, and three minutes you think this starts to happen like it did to Nate twenty thirty seconds in where are you going to run? Mate? It is absolute hell, And I know you know what I'm talking about. It and we'll get to that in just a moment. But it's taken a lot of things, a lot of therapy to work out why. I know. It's like it's a physical reaction. It's fight or flight. I understand that. So when your body gets stressed, it's like back in Neanderthal das you've been chased by a tiger. Your heart starts to beat up, everything starts to accelerate to protect yourself. So that is the reaction. I understand the reaction, but it's taken a lot of work to be able to deal with that, and a lot of breath work to breathe through it. I know the things now that if I'm feeling a bit on edge, if my central nervous system is up and about, I know what I have to do to stop thinking about what I'm about to do to be able to get through it. I've been doing this for twenty years and it still happens on occasion.
Speaker 2: What was your worst Do you remember a specific one where There's.
Speaker 3: Been times when I thought it was when Beck Morse was on the desk, And there's been times when I've been that close and I'm talking milli seconds away just to throwing back doing what Nate did and just going I'm sorry, we've got technical problems we have to throw back. So, yeah, it's so weird that it sort of starts to happen now and I talk about it, isn't it strange?
Speaker 2: And I know those old feelings again where you have to hang on what's going on, are panicking.
Speaker 3: But you know, at the base of it is not wanting to humiliate yourself, not wanting to be embarrassed, not wanting to look forward or stupid. That's the I think the psychological core of panic attacks.
Speaker 2: Yes, So then it goes from yeah, instead of talking about what you're talking about, like you would say with a friend at a bar, all of a sudden, you're just concentrating on the words yeah, And that leads to mistakes. And then once you make a mistake, your brain's like, don't you dare make another mistake? And if you do, oh, your heart's pounding absolute jack out.
Speaker 3: It's very hard to describe to people who've never experienced that. It is such an overwhelming sensation that you fear that you can't formwards. And that's been my biggest fear of my whole career, isn't having nothing to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's all that balance for you. Jode's too, to be honest with you, what do you mean mate? So if you're panicking too much and you can't speak versus your too relaxed and sometimes you're genuinely throwing to good morning, Jodie. Oh ah, yes, hello, Oh my gosh, I've had some good ones.
Speaker 3: You've had some good ones live on television as well. I really will hear about those because it's again refreshing to watch someone like Nate from the ABC go through that and to go, oh my god, it's each and every one of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's e about my next. And also we might catch up with news read to Abby because she puts herself in a bund wall space as well. Egend every morning much harder than it looks and sounds, although sometimes we make it sound pretty hard.
Speaker 3: Just really want to applaud a weather presenter from the OBC called net Burne who suffered a panic attack live on the television the worst possible place on the planet that you could possibly have one, and he got halfway through. They must have had a contingency plan for when he does it, because his team were quick to rally around him and support him. But this is how it played out.
Speaker 10: Right through that part of the country, and we're going to see lots more rain in the days ahead. I'm actually going to need to stop for a second. Some of you may know that I occasionally get affected by some panic attacks, and actually that's happening right now, Lisa, maybe I could hand back to you.
Speaker 2: I feel like everybody who suffers from panic attacks can hear in his voice totally. He's not right with his breath yep, and you can feel the sort of almost like he's tightening up. And it's the worst feeling in the world.
Speaker 3: And we're talking this morning about it happening live on the television, But it happens everywhere. Happens in the workplace where you're so embarrassed in front of your colleagues, It happens when you have to speak in public. It can happen absolutely any happen on a plane, train wherever. So I mean, we'd love to hear from you if you've been through it, and if you've survived it.
Speaker 4: But Hazy, you've had a couple of.
Speaker 2: Doozy a couple of doozies, and you're right in that in terms of being embarrassed in front of colleagues. So I work at Channel seven and in particularly our sports presenters, so Soda ye Abbaye and Tom Wilson. I don't think there's better sport presenters getting around. It's not and obviously I'm probably going to be very biased, but so you watch them and go, my god, that's flawless. I can't make a mistake. Yeah, and they're flawless because I've done it for so long, but also they're very confident all sorts of things. But it's very interesting. I've spoken to Bruce Abnethy about it and he says he's gets very nervous each and every time that he reads.
Speaker 3: Which is a good thing because I think nerves can they serve you to keep you alert, and they keep you on the ball. The minute you stop feeling nervous, it's almost like you don't care anymore, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember doing it across and it was an in studio cross, so you've got all the help you need, but there was no grab in between, so it was just me speaking straight for sixty seconds.
Speaker 3: So when we say grab, we mean like you throw to the premiere or you throw to text Walker or you throw to Ken Hinckley, which maybe.
Speaker 2: If you were stumbling and you throw to the grab, you can sort of recompose yourself.
Speaker 3: You've got fifteen twenty seconds to.
Speaker 2: Breathe, to start up again and finish it off strong. So I didn't have that, and for whatever reason, I felt good going into it. But I can't even remember it was about. It was about crows bought, and I started talking. And if you make a mistake early, instead of talking about what you're talking about, you start making sure you don't stuff up the next words, and inevitably, when you do that, you stuff up the next words. Yeah, and you start chasing yourself and your brain saying don't stuff up again. You're really making a meal of this, and you start thinking about your breathing. In that particular moment, I was taking too many breaths in yep. It was in small breath out to the point where I was like, I was talking like that, and I remember I got to the end of it was a minute and a half, but I don't I don't think I breathe. I took a breath out at all for the whole thing. So I remember throwing back to I think I threw back the soda. Yeah, and then I had to almost lie out. Yeah, and the head was spinning. And it's the most uncomfortable situation I've ever been in my life. And it wasn't a big cross. It wasn't you know, it wasn't overly important. It was just one of those moments where it came from absolutely nowhere and I was prepared. Yeah, it just hit me.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not going to name this girl's name, but I watched a friend do across the other night and she was shaking so hard, her hand was shaking so hard that her paper was you can actually hear it. And she said to me straight after she goes, I don't know what happened. She said, I felt really great going into it. And that's the thing where these panic attacks, they come out of bloody nowhere and they can reiku and the ferocity of it it can just be debilitating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it doesn't need it have to be in a public situation like where you're under the spotlight. It can happen absolutely anywhere. We've got a call. Let's go to our Sharna in monnow, Paris, Shanna, good morning to you. Thanks for sharing, but you get plenty of you.
Speaker 7: I do all the time. As a mum of three. It's like my biggest fear having it happen with the kids around. Yeah. And then when my first started school, I was so scared to drop him to school and it was going to happen. And it did end up happening one of the morning and all the school mums had seen it. I just started bursting into tears, and I had the teachers and all these mums that I had, you know, complete strangers, come and rally around me. And it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to. It was embarrassing, but it was it was beautiful at the same time. If nothing makes sense, Yeah, yeah, but they happen all the time, Like even at the gym. It's always when you least expect it'll be that morning where I feel really good and then I get in there and it happens. But I'm sort of learning to get through it.
Speaker 3: And Channa, I think the hard thing with this is it becomes a fear of it.
Speaker 7: Happening, so this and then you make it happen.
Speaker 3: Yes. Yeah, It's almost like a self fulfilling prophecy, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's see exactly, but one day at a time, and the stories that you are all sharing and bringing away, it's beautiful. I just think it's so important.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Charna. Thank you so much for sharing your story as well, because yet you bring a life to the fact that it could happen to anyone at any time, in any situation.
Speaker 3: I highly recommend, Channa, for you and anyone who goes through it is to talk it through with a professional because that is really really helpful, but also they can give you some breathing techniques.
Speaker 4: To try and deal with it.
Speaker 3: Win.
Speaker 7: We go in through therapy at the piment and I share my story on Instagram and everywhere. I'm trying to bring awareness myself, so super passionate.
Speaker 2: Wow, what's what's your what's your handle there?
Speaker 7: Shanna the peaceful homemaker, peaceful.
Speaker 3: Homemaker around it all right, Shanna, thank you so much for your call. Okay, the little people in the background too, who aren't aware that Mummy's on the radio.
Speaker 1: Jody and loose Lips.
Speaker 2: Ah, Yes, Loose Lips Joe's. This is a little segment which was originally born to help you better absorb information because sometimes you're listening skills can be let's just say little bit of a work on Yeah. Is that fair?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Questionable? Best, I'll take that. But we've played this for a couple of weeks where I put on the noise canceling headphones and you deliver a line and then I have to work out what you're.
Speaker 2: Saying, yes, and you magically turn it blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you became so obnoxious in this space once again that I was like, well, you have a go, and here you are.
Speaker 2: We're going to do a little role reversal.
Speaker 3: We are doing a massive role reversal.
Speaker 2: So I'm Jody. Yep, I'm doing Jody Roll. Okay, you're ready. I'll start from here. What's going on? What day is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, So what we're going to do? Wait what I'm going to get you to slip on those noise canceling headphones. We're going to put some music in your ears.
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: I can't eat anything now acause some delicious elevator music.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, all right? He left me high and dry.
Speaker 2: That feeling high as a kite.
Speaker 3: He left me high and dry.
Speaker 2: It's I know the rhyming word. You left me wanting to die?
Speaker 4: Let's have another ready.
Speaker 3: He left me high and dry.
Speaker 2: He left me wanting to fly high.
Speaker 4: Okay, turn off the music.
Speaker 3: He left me high and dry.
Speaker 2: Gosh, thank goodness, because he left me wanting to die. Oh my gosh, that's aggressive feedback.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, none from one music on.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 3: I like to eat your toes.
Speaker 2: I like you because you're old.
Speaker 3: I like to eat your toes.
Speaker 2: I like old balls. Is that closer? Closer? Give me one more, Give me one more, give me one more. I can do this. I can do this. Something about old bulls, something about.
Speaker 3: Old I like to eat your toes.
Speaker 2: I can't say it. Are you saying I like to eat your scrot? What is it?
Speaker 3: I like to eat your toe same thing, but a little bit different, just a little bit lower.
Speaker 2: What's worse?
Speaker 3: Let the cat out of the bag.
Speaker 4: Your face is so priceless.
Speaker 2: Let the hat go on the bag so.
Speaker 3: Closely, Come on, let the cat out of the bag.
Speaker 2: Cat, Let the cat out of the bag.
Speaker 3: Yes, friend, will done. One from three?
Speaker 4: That will do it?
Speaker 2: Will take that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But also, I like to eat your scrat
Speaker 2: Probably fresher than my toes.