Speaker 1: Welcome back to another week of the John's Family Podcast. Happy Friday, Everyone.
Speaker 2: Friday, Happy Happy.
Speaker 1: Wait so happy, Wait you're introduced. Dad is obviously over in Washington, d C for the UFC. Wait till you're introduced. God damn it, no one made you the boss, Cooper.
Speaker 2: I'm actually the oldest.
Speaker 1: By far by long way, wait, a really long way. But we do have a very special guest. Everyone who's been listening to John's Family Podcast for a long time since day got back in twenty twenty during covid our producer Gav, who was an integral part of the show. He didn't actually have a mic, but you could often hear him laughing and spluttering and being handsy with Trish behind the microphone and camera. But he joins us here today in the seat of one and only Matthew Johones.
Speaker 3: Gav the big seat. Welcome Maddie Jones's seat. Trish, how are you giving me a fish?
Speaker 2: I can't even tell you how excited I am.
Speaker 3: Well, hope you are, because a home truths are going to be displayed today because earth, yeah, a little bit unearthed. Because I don't think the listeners realize I know how much shit you put on Trish every single week. So today, all right, it's now two verse two, okay, not three verse one. Maddie's away, Gav's going to start to fly. Okay, So that sounded pretty bad to move over just to kind of liked it, But thanks guys. Absolute pleasure to be here thanks to Cooper and I and the family asked me, it's like a bit of a friend's reunion this morning, wasn't it. It brought back some great memories.
Speaker 1: It really is like you used to get here, especially during COVID. You get here two hours before we just sit there and shoot the ship. We prepped the podcast. You're a very big part as to why this podcast was successful, absolutely to begin with, not being add at anything but.
Speaker 2: Morale, you kept on track as well.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was actually that you were probably the only one because now obviously Jackson the real driver's seat where he's got the mic, but he's also controlling a lot of stuff and if he feels like something needs to be edited, he'll chime in. But I think because Jack's family, you know, there's always pushback. Whereas when you came in back in the day with the win, because you were not family. It was like they listened to you straightaway.
Speaker 3: Well they would, yeah, But there was a lot back in the day of how far to push it because those early on episodes we wanted to see how the family dynamic would be going, and of course we crossed the line a lot of times, and I for one, wanted to keep that sort of stuff in, thinking, you know, this is going to build very very quickly on the back of this sort of stuff. But that's where Trish would step in and we would have a lot of heated discussions on what should be left in, what should be left out. Well.
Speaker 4: Then the other thing too, is gave liability insurance isn't isn't cheap?
Speaker 3: Well, it's true, and the show was also sponsored as well, so you had to keep sponsors happy when I would get phone calls saying, hang on, did they really say that sort of stuff there? So we did get a happy medium, didn't we. Trish would Trish would?
Speaker 1: You were very heavy on the editing back then. I think because you were Trish.
Speaker 3: Was a lot more protection, trying to protect the boys. You guys were still playing footy at that stage. You were at Melbourne and you were at Newcastle soth South and Newcastle. So probably it probably took about what do You Reckon? Two years Trish before that trust started to just sort of yeah, Wayne, you got me when you we knew exactly what was in, what was appropriate, what was not. But if there was anything crossing the line, I would keep in. I would know that, I'd get a phone call from Trish and we would have the discussion on whether we should keep it in, whether we should keep it up. Yeah, it was. It was really good, and especially back in those days. I want to give Trisha big a big rap there, because you boys were playing footy, you guys were full time. Yeah, Maddie was very hard up with work Fox the rest of it. So this podcasting stuff was a new thing for all of us, wasn't it. So Trish was really the.
Speaker 1: You don't have can you get your lips off my money?
Speaker 3: That's right? Because niple reckon?
Speaker 2: That's really low because you know I don't have nipples.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cooper, don't you.
Speaker 1: You should know that game.
Speaker 2: Double gone?
Speaker 3: Okay, fair enough, I feel like that's okay that one, but.
Speaker 2: Low Cooper.
Speaker 3: Just for the listeners though, it was a very big driving force in those early years as well for through COVID. I mean, training wise, you guys were moving places. I think you're at twin warters at one stage. So just to even get the podcast up and running was a big effort in itself.
Speaker 1: There was nothing short of a miracle.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Do you have an introductionary question for you guys? Okay, because we always like start a little bit of lightheartedness. If you could be the best at any sport in the world, which would have been why Patricia.
Speaker 6: I'm going tennis Because I don't think I'm really a team person.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a great one show after gave just plugged you on. You know how we have family.
Speaker 6: Are known, but I I am the one. I can be autonomous, you know what I mean. I don't need to rely on people. I'm I'm happy to take the credit, but I'm also happy to take the liability if.
Speaker 2: It's me, But I don't want to take someone else's liability.
Speaker 5: I will say that's well put. Actually I agree with that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, Tennis, gav Well you know what I'm going to say, halfway for the West Tigers.
Speaker 3: No, well, you know five weeks ago, yes, but not now, not now. But I am representing you've got the Tigers merchant golf, it's got to be my number one Yeah on number one passion.
Speaker 1: I'm the same as well. And you know, I suppose when you're in Australia, a lot of these big sports, like you don't see a lot of like they kind of fall through to the key because it's just it's mainly n RL or AFL, but I mean the world sports, like what they get to do traveling wise and stuff. Really it opened up a whole can of worms.
Speaker 3: The cash four days work for ten million, Well.
Speaker 2: It's not four days about the.
Speaker 4: Prize money when like you don't even come first too, there's like still incredible prize money for those who come with tenth and twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right, tenth and twelve because you make the cut. It's a lot of money. But imagine the mental strain that that's got to put on you knowing that it part's worth about two hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Talk about pressure. And I always say, like, no, I can see why like NRL players and different sportsmen get into golf because it's like it actually benefits your mental game and your own sport, especially if you're like a goalkicker, because you've got to be like every time you go up to the ball, it's all in your stance, what you're thinking about, Like you almost have to think about the same thing every single shot, and depending on what golf club you pick up, like you got to change what you're thinking about.
Speaker 2: Can I ask a question, I don't play golf, No you can, No, you can.
Speaker 6: Of tennis and golf, which do you think you have the greater control over in regards to environmental factors?
Speaker 4: I reckon, have you been to the tennis? The tennis is like you're quiet when they go and like if you allowed it all like out and obviously in the environment, like it's different greens and stuff, and golf plays a plays a and holes and courses makes it like a big factor.
Speaker 5: But if you go to the tennis, like it's it's a weird vibe.
Speaker 3: In environmental factors, I've never seen the game of tennis where there's like a sand bunker or a crocodile or anything like that. So I would say coopes, like golf is the hardest sport in the world for that exact reason. You never hit the same shot twice, a different line, many different winds, you know, there's all sorts of.
Speaker 1: And there's such a big you know they talk about like like your best performance in your worst performance, like you want to make that as consistent as possible. In golf, sometimes it's just out of your control because you pick up a club and you might have like a half a niggle in your hand, or like you slept bad on your arm and up fall and it changes exactly how you swing, like subconsciously and everything.
Speaker 2: What about that's horrible?
Speaker 1: What about a random okay, just off the car? What would be the best sport to be a wag in?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I mean horse racing?
Speaker 3: You get bored. There's only so many members pavilions.
Speaker 4: You can go to the buffalo or but like a lot of courses and a lot of good times.
Speaker 3: Yeah of course, yeah, but the travel Where do you go for horse racing? Gulden?
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I'm going tennis again, Ranwick?
Speaker 1: You know, you wag?
Speaker 2: I'd like to be a tennis wag.
Speaker 3: What's really good?
Speaker 1: Like trending? Now F one Formula one because you're just like your part is just driving. You can just go and by shop and you're in Monaco and if.
Speaker 3: You most places by boat yacht.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a rich man's sport, do.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 6: Though, I'm going to say no because it has greater danger. And you know, if I am a wag, I apparently do care about my partner and I wouldn't want him send it or whatever else.
Speaker 1: You just spoke about being autonomous for five minutes before.
Speaker 6: No, I'm a wag now, yeah, yeah, but you what do you reckon about a cricket boring too long?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But this is my theory is you don't need to go and watch the game. It's more like a sport that just gets you overseas and you get on the have apros with girlf it is and.
Speaker 3: They're there for a long time as well, tru like they.
Speaker 6: Go on into they're in long place, like the same places for a long time.
Speaker 2: I do, but I wouldn't want to be there for three months.
Speaker 4: Isn't it really like you only really go what you're going to go India, England and Australia.
Speaker 3: What about the Caribbellan? Oh yeah, that's yeah, that one in there.
Speaker 5: How long they go therefore, how often do they go to the Caribbean?
Speaker 3: Not often, not these days. Back in the day, though they would go there for six month tours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, well what we're talking eighties.
Speaker 1: Don't go look at Gave already making an enemy out of Jack early?
Speaker 5: Will mind it be tennis as well? For different reasons.
Speaker 4: I reckon tennis is one of those sports that it doesn't take much effort to get the sponsors on board because like, because they all have massive hissy fits and whatnot.
Speaker 5: I feel like it'd be the.
Speaker 4: Hardest, one of the hardest sports to be a lead at, but if you're good at it, it's one of the easiest sports to be like brand worthy because so many have like you know, off brand moments that are going to be it'd be.
Speaker 2: Very and they're good brands too.
Speaker 5: Good and New role X and all those.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like look at Roger, Like Roger was elite, but he was also like very seen as like, you know, a.
Speaker 5: Great person statesman. Really yeah, it was like the many.
Speaker 4: Pakia in a way of like of tennis, where he's like you always had that humbleness to him.
Speaker 5: I just feel like that would be.
Speaker 1: About I went back to the talking about the question. You never let me get to them.
Speaker 5: So that's what happens when you producer.
Speaker 3: That's all right, I keep going jack I was interested in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, that was it really.
Speaker 2: Cooper.
Speaker 6: You didn't tell us what you as well?
Speaker 1: I said one, oh, I said, and then I said.
Speaker 3: F one, Can he take control of this? You went golf with me? Golf?
Speaker 1: She doesn't listen to Can I ask a question golf?
Speaker 3: You also don't have to be super fit.
Speaker 2: Up guy smoking.
Speaker 1: Pump darts and literally like break hard.
Speaker 3: They can as well on the on the PGA tour. They can just smart ripped darts. Yeah. Yeah, so that's probably the only sport I would say you can still do that. N I rel You've never seen cliff lions, but not on the field.
Speaker 1: That's kind of hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sideline is That's my favorite sporting quote. It's John Daily said nicotine plus nicotine plus caffeine equals protein.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's the great, He's the goat.
Speaker 2: Could I ask one question, which sport do you think would be the worst? I've got one. I think swimming would be terrible.
Speaker 6: It's that early morning, it's getting into a cold pool, no matter every time of the day, and you're just following.
Speaker 3: Marathon marathon run on suck because they say just to run a marathon, you've got to run three hundred kilometers a week anyway, or.
Speaker 5: The chlorine button. Swimming would just do my head in as well.
Speaker 1: And they say swimming, they say, is like you have to if you miss one day, it almost says it's like four steps back, five steps, Like missing one day is like a whole week in swimming, you need to.
Speaker 3: Keep tells say that he used to in the pool, in the pool and that was his edge. Yeah, because other people would get out of the pool. Yeah, he wouldn't and he would do extra lapse and that was his edge.
Speaker 2: He said, I totally the pool chlorine.
Speaker 4: It just be so like you're chasing the one percentage in a sport like that, you'd just be going so fine in your detail like it'd be so you'd be such an anal person.
Speaker 3: Okay, anal speaking. Yeah, I would say, what about rowing sucks to because you've still got to go. I'm talking not just going the Jim Frish and doing a four hundred meter quick sprint.
Speaker 1: But rowing the rowing machine, even in the gym sucks.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, now Dad's Dad's obviously in the US, like we said, but he's gave he's sent through some messages for you. I haven't listening to on that. They's sent through a few audio messages sort.
Speaker 3: Of to introduce from Washington.
Speaker 1: From Washington, I know one of the great men, Maddie. He always puts the podcast first. Let's have a little.
Speaker 5: Listen to it.
Speaker 7: You low blood, yo, Gavin, You you low bastard.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 8: You couldn't help yourself, could you?
Speaker 7: Hey the moment, I'm out of the country just for two minutes in Washington doing some excellent reporting and maye you just dive in there. Hadley warned me about you, said you're a hopeless pants man, so may just go get Can you go and look up someone else's life? But okay, and tell you what, Mate, hasn't gone un noticed, and Cooper started to call your dad. Have you no shame? Have you no shame?
Speaker 2: Gavin, don't worry. They'd be a little bit truth in that.
Speaker 3: I did say your hair looks beautiful as well.
Speaker 2: But thank you.
Speaker 1: He actually sent through two more as well. I don't know if he was drunk or what, but gave.
Speaker 8: It's me again.
Speaker 7: I've just gone away and had a little bit of think about what I just said.
Speaker 8: I didn't mean any of it.
Speaker 7: May I think you're an upstanding outstanding person. And I know that you never muscle in on my squeeze, So mate, you know that's I don't wait to get back into the country and haven't being reconcile.
Speaker 8: Love you, Gav.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know what the next one is, but I imagine if he's gone from being angry to happy, I reckon the next one is probably going to be angry again. Yeah, or he was crying, Yeah, something that crying?
Speaker 8: Mate? Wow, all bets are off, Gav.
Speaker 7: I just got a I just got a video sent through from my neighbor Marty.
Speaker 8: So you're Moe in the backyard and your speed as bastard, what are you trying to achieve? Mate? Let me just ask you, what are you trying to achieve? Mate?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 8: Because mate, if.
Speaker 7: You want to ruin the life whole hands of the dag and just digging into my heart, hasn't been doing it now?
Speaker 5: Low bastard a little bit hungover?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know that would be a surprise.
Speaker 1: I don't know what because I texted him, I said, can you send through a message you gather? And then he just I woke up this morning because the time difference. Yeah, and he had Mate, he sent tent ten throughout the whole and then I had to. He just said, just do this one, this one, this one. So shout out to him. He's having a good time over there.
Speaker 5: See what he said.
Speaker 3: How is the edging looking?
Speaker 2: By the way, the edging's good?
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you? Overboard.
Speaker 2: No, we love them. We love them. The ladies love them.
Speaker 3: Who own business?
Speaker 1: All right, party Marty?
Speaker 3: What I need to do? He's he's there.
Speaker 1: He's like Dad's best friend.
Speaker 3: Oh is he yeah? Is he big?
Speaker 5: He's tight?
Speaker 8: Is he?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He Actually, don't say too much bad about that? Okay, Hey, can we also asks we're just talking. A very famous moment in the John's Family podcast that we often bring up is the day that Dad got really drunk. Nearly the whole podcast got derailed. We actually had to film. We got right to the end of the first one, realized we couldn't film any of it. Then Jack left and had a fight with Dad, and then we had to reshoot a whole nother one. But you were the producer on that day.
Speaker 3: I was, yes, yes, super Bowl Day. Yeah, it was a war. It was a war that day. There was a few things that weren't going well. We had to put the podcast record back if you would know. I think you guys had training and Maddie was coming home from a charity event. I think he was at super Bowl.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure on the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he was sorry. He was there hosting. So he was there hosting. And I would always let Maddy have a couple of if I if I thought the family needed it, because sometimes I would turn up and no one's talking to each other. Tres should be blowing up. I'd have to take sides, usually a Trisha's side, and then try and just try and get everyone into the room for a podcast to try and get it done. Yes. Yeah, So I would say to Maddie, maybe I think you need a beer mate, So I wouldn't mind if there was a beer or a shand he had, or a little red wine or something. So I got the call from Maddie saying, I'm hosting a thing. I'll be back later. We might have to push it back a bit. I'm just letting you know that I'm having a few drinks. And I said, yeah, no worries Mattie, as long as you're not dry. So he gets home, so I just assumed that he would have had about two or three beers or something because I'm crazy. I'm thinking he's hosting anyway, just the stumble in the front door and I'm just look. And what you guys don't realize is and what the story hasn't been told is it was an hour before we actually started to record, and I had to go through a lot of live reads with your dad that day. So we add ones for betting agencies where we would have to be giving tips about horses. Guys were having your comp that was going on there that we will give money to charity and everything. So you know, five of those live reads would usually take Maddie what two and a half three minutes to do it professional, very good, he's been doing it all his life. Well, we were sitting there for about twenty five minutes. He hadn't got through one or two of them. At one stage we were doing the I think it was the Golden Slipper or something was on, like some massive race, so the betting agency would tell us what horses they wanted to, you know, promote all this sort of stuff. So I knew we're in trouble. Cooper, when I asked for the same race Maldi and he ended up giving me the same game Malta with James Tedesco and Brian two Tristoreres and the rest of it. And I am just like you understand what we're there and then you know when he's like yeah, like no dramas, like yeah, we'll do it again. Same thing happened to the point where I am like, right, let's go line for line now. Okay, so we're talking. Yeah, so nothing to do about rugby league, Yeah, yeah, nothing to yeah, I know, it's all yeah, so all I want you to say this horse this and I'll cut it later, but no dramas, I'll cut it later. So anyway, twenty five thirty minutes. It took us to do about four or five live reads. Yeah, the pot then we get then we get to where and I was like, it's either going to be he's going to sober up a little bit and he's going to hit that really good mark you know when you're like stories are coming out, laughing, everyone's happy. It sort of didn't go that way.
Speaker 5: It was assuming Yeah it was Cooper here, you were living.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he was here. Yeah, yeah, Couber witnessed it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I always used to like zoom in like five minutes or maybe just before we start, literally go straight into it, and jeez, I had a rude shock.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. So I reckon, we got and I don't really panic because we can do a lot of stuff post editing, So even if we do something, I'll just keep it rolling and say, I'll be able to make a cut here and we can do this.
Speaker 1: Because remember when like we got forty five minutes, I reckon.
Speaker 3: We've got about fifty minutes in and then Jack blew up.
Speaker 1: Just dad said something.
Speaker 3: Like Chris Dad plately inappropriate.
Speaker 1: He was saying such inappropriate stuff that just wasn't landing. No, but no, usually he'd say something on edge and everyone kind of giggle and the listeners you go, oh, you know, that's pretty clever. It wasn't even funny to the point of like just disgusting things.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well he was giving punchlines to wrong jokes. Yeah, so it was That's when I was like, hang on, this can't like I can't even be cutting this. So yeah, yeah, Jack got the shits massively because it was going downhill really quickly. And as you said, your dad thought it was the greatest show.
Speaker 4: He thought he thought it was so good when I when I went, we have to stop, like, we can't do this podcast, and then everyone turned on me, and then I said, hang on, I want to ask Gav. Yeah, and then I said, Gav be honest with us one has this been a bad podcast? And Gav goes, look, I'm not gonna lie. It's gonna be tough editor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's gonna to be a top I could probably use about ten minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Then the question got asked how long I've been been going, and I said about fifty minutes, and then Maddie goes, how much of it do you think we can use? And that's when I responded, I don't think we can use any of the podcasts. So that he like, Jack's just like coming down the line, told you it's shit house. It's all this sort of stuff, and he goes, so what what do we do? And I said we've got to start again, and then left Jack left. He said there's no way I'm doing it. I'm not doing it. And then I said that take a break, Maddie. You're probably just going to have to react on the next show. And then remember and I said, there's a silver lining to everything because then Cooper, remember he had to take charge a little bit and post the show for the first time, and that was the first one, and that and that sort of sort of snowballed into Cooper's quiz and all the rest of this sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: You and I know, and now you two working together.
Speaker 1: Now we work together obviously like Call Team on Sundays on two GBS.
Speaker 3: We do. Don't forget to look out for the podcast as well. Just search continuous Call Team wherever you get or watch or listen to your podcast. Thanks for that, Trish, It's good that.
Speaker 1: Happy to do your own live reads. No worries, mate, got your own sponsors and ship. I don't worry about that.
Speaker 5: Can I ask you that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: I don't cube it if it doesn't want to intro it, But can I ask about you two working together?
Speaker 5: How's it actually been this year?
Speaker 3: It's been fantastic. Yeap, yep. So I would say I was a big part of getting Coops over because I did work with and you guys for five years, so I sort of knew what he was about. And when he left, Kyle and Jackie, oh that's when we were like okay, So we had an opening there. And it's always hard as well, because you know, with footy players things like that, a lot of people don't like taking the piss out of themselves at all, so and it's a hard one because you don't like taking the piss out yourself. You're a serious football player, everything like that. But the balance of Cook with his knowledge and and funny easy, you know, it doesn't take himself too seriously. I thought this is going to be a perfect, perfect match, beautiful and he's slotted in unreal. It's it's pretty hard to say. It's a job, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's very good, it's good, it's a fun it's a fun crew. And like the big Man.
Speaker 2: Who's just like he's a beautiful man.
Speaker 1: But apart from being a beautiful mam, he's also just he's been doing this a long time. Like Dad talks about I've been doing the ship for thirty years, he's been on it for forty five figures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're talking about real pros there and just his comedic like you talk about some of the greats of radio, the funniest guys, whether he was on the Footy Show, whether he's on radio. Darryl Brahman's up there with like the Fatty Vaughtons for his comedic timing.
Speaker 2: He's so quick with beautiful but even like nature, he's.
Speaker 1: Quick with and even to do it through like chemo, with therapy and stuff like, he's quick. Man, he's quick.
Speaker 3: You saw him probably at his worst. He's he struggled a few weeks there, tired, you can imagine that. Plus they've also got to call the footy game. That's that's quite physical in itself. You've got to keep your mind on it. You would never know, absolutely never know. And that's when, like you know, you would come home from a late night or someone was feeling a little bit crooked, you just look across the box and there's big man.
Speaker 5: Ye he's still.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting there going you know, in hindsight now, like I walked in the first four weeks, I think I was hung over every single week, every week because you put like I'm on a Sunday right and I'm twenty six years of age, So like they knew what they'll get themselves into.
Speaker 5: And then and then.
Speaker 1: Daryl's going through chemotherapy fighting cancer and I'd walk in and they go, how are you feeling Coops after Daryl's not winging or anything, and I go, oh, boys, you're gonna have to lift it. You're gonna have to look after me. I'm a little bit tired under Yeah it, don't worry about it, Coops.
Speaker 3: We got your mate. Yeah, but yeah, the big Man, all of them, they're all they all made you feel very welcome, and I'm glad they have. But we have a lot of fun out there. But it is still working, isn't it. You still got to prepare, You've still got to do it all. And no, but what a better way to spend a Sunday than out there with coups and the boys at the at the grounds.
Speaker 2: But what game you're doing this weekend?
Speaker 3: Not on together this week No, you're on Saturday. But we're doing Tigers Titans.
Speaker 2: Oh I was wondering that. I'm thinking about going out to the game.
Speaker 3: It's death steering.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just look at my I noticed you put on your Titan mate. What are you trying to say to dominate?
Speaker 1: You can anyone's got some stuff from their week before we move through that, because I do want to throw to Jack for he's got an amazing story. But Trish, have you got one.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm just saying, like, you know, Matt walked out the door at eight am on Sunday, and my god, it's been lovely.
Speaker 2: I enjoyed really so nice.
Speaker 3: How long your way for? True?
Speaker 2: That nine days?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But then you know, once he landed, it started. They've lost my bag. They've left it in Dullas, So that's okay, it'll t. I don't know what to do. What am I gonna wear? What did it? Go out and get some things? Well, I don't know where, you know, there's I'm like, oh, for God's sake, I'm not there. You're not my problem. Don't talk to Bend.
Speaker 1: They so did he did he have an air tag in his luggage It wouldn't matter, and they edited up getting it to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next day.
Speaker 3: Do you know who? I hate that though, when you lose your luggage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean they get a t in the end, but for that two days, like, it's just stress you don't need. And and you know what else pisses me off When you look out the window and they're throwing your luggage in the in the bottom of it, it's like they do it so aggressive on purpose. So it's just disrespect and get it's probably a hard job out there. You got those you got the big headphones on because it's noisy with the propellers. But they're just they're dumping your luggage. Yeah, they're aggressive, and especially if it's a nice piece of luggage. I've got a beautiful new suitcase set from July and they just around. It comes back with scratches.
Speaker 2: And shit all over the minute.
Speaker 6: Well, remember I used to put the condom over my bag because I stupidly bought a white, beautiful bag. It wasn't a real My girlfriends used to laugh and say, oh, you're putting the condom on it. Yeah, I know, I said, what was I thinking buying a white suitcase?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: White was silly, white undies.
Speaker 2: Red interior. It was really beautiful.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Who lost something? So friend of the potty, Harry Grant, he had an e bike during the week and in typical e bike fashion, didn't he didn't lock it up. Someone's come into our old houses front yard stolen it, stole his e bike. But he had an air tag on it. And he's gone. And it was that like a pretty pretty heavy neighborhood and he's walked in isolated, trying to find his e bike but it's gone missing. Like he had the location, but it was in like let's say complex. It was like a bit it looked like sort of a unit. And he was like, I can't just walk in there, give me back my e bike.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what you can do.
Speaker 6: Did that with his epods back up or actually Pete, Pete did there.
Speaker 1: But there wasn't housing commission.
Speaker 2: No I know, but still water.
Speaker 1: It's just some bloke in an apartment building. Well he went. Pete went and knocked on his door, knocked on his door. No one answered. But then it was six am because we're doing breakfast radio and it was like Kyle thought.
Speaker 3: This would be this would be great contact contract and we'll get if someone stolen your i'd lost, I'd like a night out.
Speaker 1: But then I had them tracked and somebody's obviously picked them up and they had him at the house. And then Kyle said, Pete, go drive fifty minutes and like then his ample and it's like so he left at five am from the radio shitt He's like, yeah, sweet, I'll go six thirty am. He gets there, he's knocking like and you can just hear babies cry, like he's woken up the whole apart.
Speaker 6: But the thing is, yeah, because it was in an apartment block, you don't know which apartment it is, but isn't that precise?
Speaker 1: So he was just knocking on everyone, and then some South African Kyle comes out and you can hear him like he's got the phone on. He's like, hey mate, I'm just looking for Coop John's air pods. And the guy got if you don't get out of you, like, I'm going to beat the shit out of here, and Pete's like, yeah, lesson learned, Yeah, lessons.
Speaker 5: Learned, Jack and Pete did learn from no way.
Speaker 6: There was a good story to the end. Then did you put up a sign or something?
Speaker 3: Guy?
Speaker 1: Yeah, some guy put up a sign saying lost air pods, called this if you've lost them, So he advertised to give the air pods back. Fair play to him. So Dad rang the number. Yeah, some narrabeen surfar who came over dropped around, lovely bloke.
Speaker 3: It was also quite a so no malice. He was literally looking for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was looking for you. And then apparently Dad said he came out of dropping in the house and then he stayed apparently for a while.
Speaker 2: He was out the front check with.
Speaker 1: Your dad, Yeah, Maddy john the guy Naddy Johnson. Then he was talked to us about.
Speaker 2: A Saturday night. We were having a bit of a party I think, and.
Speaker 6: Music was going and he he was coming back from We might have he might have worked on the waves or something.
Speaker 2: He was coming back from work. It was like ten ten thirty at night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, pretty exciting.
Speaker 3: That's another thing about your dad as well. When I turned up here, didn't know what to expect, but obviously a lot of my mates and that they've watched, they said, they're like, oh, make sure you've got your footage chat all going, you know, do your research, do your research, Yeah, come with the stats and everything like that. So I had like, you've done.
Speaker 2: Oh God, love you.
Speaker 3: So we get down here, Maddie answers the door. We literally go just out the front of the podcast studio here to his bookshelf. Oh and we stood there for what thirty forty minutes of him just going through every single Ganghis Khan book telling me. So the boys are like, oh, how was it, Like, what does he think about the roosters? And everything got no fucking idea. But I do know about the invasion of Mongolia back in the you know, the twelfth century or whatever, and that his name isn't really Ganghis Kart, it's Youngestus.
Speaker 1: It's his favorite. And because you know how there's the pokey machine, Genghis cut like, yeah, yeah, so I remember if dad's in the Slappers and there's he'll go to Jengis car and then young guys will come up and be like, oh, you're playing Gengis and you'll go youngers, and he almost it's almost a tactic. He'll bore these young people to death while he's playing the Slappers and go, you know because back in thinks you know, jengers can't but it's common misconception and tell them about the history of jazz.
Speaker 3: I loved it though, because it was something different, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Like, I know, he's different, alright, different.
Speaker 5: Every magic ground.
Speaker 4: He seems to find an audience on like one of our days off or one of the afternoons he has off, and then you just see a video go online and he's pretty much doing the same thing and talking shape with just a bunch of heads.
Speaker 6: Yeah Shape, I love it when he starts talking shaping numbers to me and I just look at him as much to say, what, look at me, Look who you're speaking to.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not even.
Speaker 1: Read Jack, Because now, Jake, you've done some coaching in your time, obviously with the schep all this year with myself like a Cocher and Brad Park very successful preliminary final. But did we go bet by forty in it? Yes we did. But obviously everyone's talking about fozball at the moment. Qan Forum one of the great up and coming coaches, and Jack was lucky enough to be coached by one of the grades of all time in Wayne Bennett. But you found yourself in the weekend. But I don't want you to talk about what they were speaking about is specifically, but you were those two were watching the junior footy at Brookie Oval, and Jack was called over and just sat between them when they were talking footy the whole time.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, Wayne, Yeah, I went down there to watch a few of our boys went up and they're playing high grades now, so they're playing Jersey fleag and one of them played his first game of reserve grade and I went down to watch the couple of games, and then for the reserve grade game, I was sitting there talking Awayne and Fos came over and then we end up just sitting there for the whole game together, just talking footy and then.
Speaker 5: Which is pretty cool. I want to talk specific to you.
Speaker 4: One thing that will surprise me though, that surprised me me a lot, is now that we're finished up, how many people coaches included and Wayne might be one of them, listen to the podcast or have listened to the podcast over the years.
Speaker 3: Really, it's one of those things.
Speaker 4: I was thinking the other day, like when I was playing, it's funny like we did it for five years while we're playing for four years, and players that I play with, all coaches never really ever mentioned the podcast, never spoke about it, like during my time playing footy, like we just never it was just a different like I don't know, it was just something I ever really spoke about. And then since retiring, I didn't realize coaches I had coached me and players I played with were actually listening to the podcast.
Speaker 5: Wayne. Did Wayne say that he might have mentioned these listens in the past.
Speaker 3: Really, it's JACKO, Why can't you get into specifics and what you were talking about.
Speaker 4: Although, to be honest, they were just talking about Like it was pretty cool because it was like obviously they played each other on the Thursday night and then they were just talking about coaching and just different things around. Obviously was at the start and way like you know, how many games seven hundred games into his career for all hour coach another ten years the way he's going. But yeah, it was cool just listening to them talk about footy and just the way that the nerl is today and foes.
Speaker 1: Was like, I imagine it's very much the master and apprentice stuff. Like was was just asking questions about like you know, and Wayne's like open to helping him out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think there's obviously like you could just tell there was a mutual respect there and like Wayne was offering advice and was at asked question.
Speaker 5: It was very cool. It was obviously.
Speaker 1: Very like it was pretty sick you're in that that chat, pretty bucketly stuff.
Speaker 5: It was pretty hacky. I didn't realize till afterward.
Speaker 4: I sort of sat there on the way home after the game and then I rang you and said, this just happened.
Speaker 5: Then you were like that's pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: I was frothen because when Jack rings me, I'm like, oh, should I pick it up? Should I know? It's just like you know what I mean? And then because like did your brother you know what I mean? Like, oh damn it, like it's sorry guys, like I got to like because I got a heap of girls around me at the bar, sorry goes, I just gotta go pick up. And then he was like, the weirdest things happened to me, man, I was like what I said. I I was sitting there just like feeling like a I suppose the form between two rows.
Speaker 3: And Frankfurt in between a hot dog.
Speaker 1: That's was And He's like they're just spinning footy like they were just talking footy. And I was like, make sure you get home. You write all that ship everything they said word for word because I want to read that.
Speaker 4: It's funny too, like when you say that, because when you say writing down like through Like when I was a player and we obviously a probably wold. I've spoken about it during our podcast times back in the day gap, but when I was playing having different coaches, Dad sort of always said to me it was really surreal being coached by a guy like Wayne. Because when I was eight years before i'd met Wayne and getting coached by him, I actually did a school project on him on his book. Yeah, I did his book that was written by Steve Crawley. I did a project when I was a year seven of school on him. I had to do like a PowerPoint and all that sort of stuff. So then eight years later I sort of understood the gravity of like getting coached by someone like that. And then Steves when I had seas before they did the swopover in twenty eighteen at South Sydney gave us all these books to write, and essentially when Wayne took it, he wasn't He's priority wasn't writing stuff down. But I always kept my book and wrote stuff, and same thing when I went to Newcastle under Adam O'Brien and other coaches, I always wrote down things with coaching and it was like one of those funny things that like I was thinking that like a lot of the stuff that I'd written down previously that they were talking about and stuff like that around everything from player management to like you know, just the way it is set up today. You know, you got there's so many things that people don't realize coaches from you know, player managers to young man to all these sorts of things, like it's very interesting, funny.
Speaker 1: It's funny you say that because when when you rang me, I was I was staying at Nico Hines as before we were doing the next day and we were in the sauna when you rang and I said it to Nicko. I said, oh, how six this Jackason? And I told him one of the things that you said to me that like Wayne spoke to Fuzz about And Nico has a book and it's a coaching book that like he must have got because he got like potentially once going to coaching post footy and he like when and was like writing like anything. I was like, oh, he was like, oh say that again, like and he was writing into his coaching book again. Yeah, so anything like fits he says, or you know, back in the day when he had Craig Bellamy, like he just write down little things. I imagine it's the same as you in terms of, like you know, team tactics or in terms of how to manage a football size.
Speaker 4: So it's always cool because when we got to I with you guys this year, I also coached last year under an older coach and just like ninety like let's be honest, like cool, like as an assistant, your job to be like real tactical, but when you're very much like a managerial role in the BPL you talk about people that call them coaches, they're called managers in the NRL, like, and that's getting more and more prevalent every year.
Speaker 5: The head coach, you're a manager. Yeah, man managing you're less. You're less of a coach. You're a man manager.
Speaker 4: You manage the media, you manage staff, you manage your assistances, you manage players, and like the first job is to get their heads right across the board, and that role is just so much more important than the tactical side of it. Like I think that's something that you know, a guy like Follows this year and other coaches like I'd probably look at it Andrew.
Speaker 5: Webster as well, but he's very good tactically, but.
Speaker 4: Getting how important the man management side is in terms of being successful.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what Fos has done.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 1: He hasn't come in and changed the it's all he's done. He's a reinvent of the wheel. He's just gotten motivated and got them up right.
Speaker 3: Exactly, We've got a motivator. Can I just tell a quick So back in the day when I was working with Ray, Chippy, fri Lingos, Blocker, you know all these guys here, there was no computers, so you wouldn't know what team changes were everything. They used to come out and literally pin the teams up on the the in the tunnel of the dressing rooms. So it would come out at about two thirty for three o'clock kickoff or something like that. So all the journals everyone would have to go down, all the producers for all the radio stations to go down there and write the changes for the team list because it was the most important thing there. People wanted to know because there was nothing else to find out who was in the team.
Speaker 1: Could you bet you bet back then?
Speaker 3: Right? I'm not sure. I think it might have been, you know, there might have been some betting going on or tea. I don't know, but it definitely wasn't on phones and the rest of it like that. But to get inside knowledge, it was more of an ego thing for the radio stations to say, oh, we're the first one to get the team changes. All this sort of stuff. So I remember I got sent down and someone had taken the bit of paper off the tunnel. So I've got no team changes. And it was a semi final, a big semi final like I think it might have been a preliminary or something Brisbane versus someone I can't I can't remember, but a massive, massive game. So it was imperative that I get the team changes to be able to go up there, especially with two G being the two GB being the number one footy Broadcain, you got Bob Fulton the rest of it. So I started to panic. And back in the day you didn't need any press passes or anything to get anywhere. I could just go anywhere, so I could go on the field if I wanted, on the sideline. In the dressing rooms. You used to be able to go in the dressing rooms before the games. I'd be talking to players before games, anyway, I can remember. I panicked, so I just thought stuff that i'ld go and try and find the team sheet. Well, by this stage Brisbane had come back in from their warm up and they were sitting in the like there were two parts to the old SFS stadiums, the like you'd go there you get strapping, and then there was a room behind it where they would give their sort of speech and the rest of it. So I'm in there trying to look around for the team sheet and everything under the gateorade bottles and the rest of it. So I'm just in there, like no one's asking me what I'm doing or anything like this anyway. So I come, I see the door and I think I might be through there. So I go charging through the door like a like an old western saloon. Door opens up, and here's Wayne Bennett standing there with Gordon Tallish giving like the biggest pump up speech you've ever heard, like into him. You can see him pointing, and everyone just stops, and I'm just standing there like, oh my god, what's going on? So I was waiting because you're here. I've never met WAYN Bennett before, but you don't know what he's like. And this is literally ten minutes before they're running out at a preliminary final. And I can always remember he turns to us and Gordy. This is when Gordy's playing and fired up. He just stared straight through me. That's just sent shit. You know you got web Ke, You've got Brad thought, like, you've got all these players that you know you've idolized, and I remember Wayne Bennett just looks at me and goes, what do you want like this, I'm just like I'm frozen, and I just said, oh, like someone's taking the team list like I don't know, like I've lost it. I thought i'd come in and find it. He goes, you've got a pen, young man? Oh yeah, and everyone's looking. I am literally just like in shock, can't move, can't do anything. Got a pen, young man? Yeah, he goes, that's a big league, isn't it. So he actually stood there, walked over and wrote the changes down on my big league. It's just a beautiful story. Yeah, how good.
Speaker 2: Appreciating your work.
Speaker 3: Just no, it's just someone who you know. He could have gone the other way. I mean, imagine if I had walked into Bellamy or I don't know if it would have been got jobbed.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie. We should end up you getting job by. Gordy would have had a great story.
Speaker 4: Be st How funny is the coach is Coote When it actually happened even at our age group and were coaching, how many times people walk in while you're in the middle of like giving them a message. Remember in the pre limb, I was talking the boys at what our setup is going to be for our warm up, et cetera, et cetera, And that young guy from the new Town Jets walks in.
Speaker 1: He comes in and he goes, he goes, you need this massage table? And he goes and the whole room was quiet, and I'm talking to and they're in a horseshoe and they're speaking of and what he goes, do you need this massage table? And he goes on, nuh, and he goes to walk in and try to grab it, and then boys go, maybe just fucking wait until like the speech is down, we're going out for warm up, and then even coming to go and he's like, oh, yeah, whatever, and then just like went and just sort of like sat in the doorway and just like.
Speaker 3: Give no respect out of here. Yeah, but it happens. It happens all the time, especially back in the day. That that's sick that.
Speaker 1: You could have just walked into everything. But you're just reminded me. I wasn't even gonna spin this because I was embarrassed, but I may as well during the.
Speaker 2: Week, he's trying to call who screw.
Speaker 3: He's a grub.
Speaker 1: Michael Jackson, Michael Jordan, Michael. During the week, we went to uh Jake Tarovitch for a big dinner for coreyell Be you know, we got Corey Withell on the radio. He's got a page called Cory Eats. It makes you simple food in I think they're called tacos tacos anyway, So he's put on a dinner party for about five or six of us and all the partners a little bit of content for his social page. Now he's done it at Jake Trovitch's house, his brother in law, because Jake has a better kitchen than Whats does. And I didn't realize. So Jake's moved house and he's moved out about six months ago. But you see his old one was just down the raid and Muscle Memory. I've just gone there right now. I'm going on my phone and I'm just scrolling through reals bit of brain rot. I'm just thinking whatever, And I just let myself in Jake's old place Sidegay and walk in and there was a dinner table set in the living room. There there was like one light on. I said oh, no one's there though, And I was like, right, they maybe ducked out and get some more food or whatever. So I just walk in and I'm just sitting there and I'm watching this reel. It was like an origin real one, and I like someone was talking. I'm sitting there, really into it, and then I just hear, fuck, are you look up some fucking random blow? And I was like, he's random, Well, you made yourself at home in the sitting on the couch and he goes and I said, oh, sorry, and then I've like clocked. I'm like, none of Jake this whole place has changed, like none of his furniture and anything the same, and there's family photos of different people and Jake ruovich.
Speaker 3: That's all I said.
Speaker 1: And he goes, yeah, and I said, I'm here for a dinner party, and he goes, Jake has lived here in six months, and I I am so sorry, Yeah, I like thirty two and.
Speaker 3: Then I've taken a baseball about out of his head specific thirty two. Around thirty two, thirty two, like.
Speaker 1: Three hundred and forty three days and I've gone in and I was like when I've texted Jay said, mate, I've just rocked up and he was like, oh no, it's all right, Like the guy's a lovely bloke, like you wouldn't have cared, Yeah, right, probably would have.
Speaker 3: I would say, yeah, yeah, well look he was pretty lucky.
Speaker 1: Not many people get to have me in their living room.
Speaker 3: Well true, did you tell him who he was or did he ask for a photo?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: He gets out of my home, doesn't listen to Pody?
Speaker 3: Long time listening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but talk about being in a place where you shouldn't be. Now Jackson has decided in true, Gavin.
Speaker 3: Just before we go any further, I don't. We were talking about our weeks. Yeah, yeah, we got to Trish and then I feel like I've had a pretty bad week.
Speaker 2: This is what happens I forget.
Speaker 3: So my wife, Laura, the lovely Laura, she's beautiful mate. Sorry, but the lovely Laura, she's beautiful mate.
Speaker 5: How to get her?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because she's beautiful mate.
Speaker 3: She is a beautiful girl. She's And congratulations on your new love life as well.
Speaker 2: There, Well there hasn't been an announcement.
Speaker 3: I don't worry.
Speaker 1: Well, announcement coming soon?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 3: With that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: On next week?
Speaker 1: So you're not going to do it with me. I thought I was going to be there. We get her on the poddy. Oh, I'm trying to negotiate a thing with that management.
Speaker 3: Well, as you look to your right there, a surprise will be coming through organized to come in. Laura's been crook, really crooks. Influenza B. Didn't know there was a bee. But how far does that? When do they do?
Speaker 1: They just keep going down the alphabet.
Speaker 5: More than B.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it caps out at.
Speaker 2: Bats C A C better, that's true.
Speaker 3: I think the H I V. Yes, that makes its way down the but that's actually.
Speaker 1: For virus, right, yeah, true, it's so smart it is for virus.
Speaker 3: I was trying to work it out just then.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I've just found out guys that I'm not very good at. I think I might be like a Maddie John's.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In terms of Cooper, I think a lot of you. Nothing to do with lover. It's more to do with organization skills. And yeah, I've been struggling a lot just with uniforms. The basics, like lunches, school are just a miraculously get appointments, the shoctors appoint the washing.
Speaker 2: That's hard, dinner, the groceries.
Speaker 3: I feel like a shout out to all the single dads out there because it's a tough it's a tough gig. Yeah, okay, and she has been a little critical with what I've been doing as well. She will you know, I'm really doing my best. And to be honest, I thought a good dad was hamball after school with the kids, time zone, the rest of it.
Speaker 2: You know what, you are a good dad because you were coaching and.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're a little aggressive. Yeah, I've heard some of the girls complain and stuff.
Speaker 3: Girls definitely don't complain parents, no appearance, don't at all.
Speaker 1: Well, I've heard you go pretty crazy out there.
Speaker 5: I've heard you're a madman.
Speaker 1: Gave abuse.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it. Gave thanks.
Speaker 5: I spoke to the Junior Reference associated it was. It was Kevin Montgomery and Jessica Montgomery and they said they said, you're very close to get on the band list.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would not think so.
Speaker 4: Well, I've also got here too for you gave the difference between influenza A and B. SO symptoms fairly fever, chills, coughs, sore throat, et cetera. But influenza A infects humans and many other animals, pigs, birds, et cetera. Influenza B primarily just humans, And the main one is it's the severity of outbreaks, so A can lead to pandemics, whereas B small smaller outbreaks, changes slowly and then it doesn't affect like mass groups.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so she's got the exclusive one.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh well, good to know she didn't catch a problem bach the problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, good to see. There's no big reality in the family at the moment. It's been six months. Yeah, you were the tigers. Yeah yeah, just walking straight into it, and it's the problem. The problem is though, I hate it because I reckon, I'm about sort of sixty five seventy of getting it. Yeah, and I've already watched what it's like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so maybe you're immune, man, I think I might be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, haven't bloody brought it here today?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't, trash.
Speaker 1: I always find that. I always dumbfounder Bolt. You can go to work or to school and someone you know has got it and you catch it really quick. But your spouse or your partner you sleep next to every night can have something and you're kissing them in that and you don't get it.
Speaker 3: You don't get it.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 3: But what about this, what about the secretary at a doctor? Yeah, they never SI, they never doctors.
Speaker 4: You know what, they had built immunity that I went about six months ago, I went to the like the local GP, and I've started realizing they're putting up like glass windows at the reception desk.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's been since COVID.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know what I mean, that's what's separating us.
Speaker 5: Separating it's like literally it's like trying to go into the bank and putting your money.
Speaker 2: The perspects from I got a COVID, I got a conspiracy theory.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 1: There's my tinfoil hat. I got one. I'm going to make a statement, Okay, I think that is evidence of that there is a vaccine out there that cures us of all sickness, and they only give it to the doctors and the secretaries of doctors because they want us to continue to go in there, paying the economy and paying for work for medicine, all that stuff.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 6: It's desensitization. So it's built their immunity. So courtural things, right, that's that's I'm going to make you one actually thought.
Speaker 3: It's for yeah, true, if you I'm with cubes, the amount of scientists, the amount of flus, the amount of everything, we've got to have a kid. I reckon there would be like that super booster. Is that what you're talking about? So you could just take one I think one injection? Which would that's it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: They talk about right, They talk like if if all of a sudden they just had one thing and then no one was getting sick and no one's going to buy medicine from the doctor all the time, the economy goes down, the government goes down, taxpayers money goes down.
Speaker 2: Can I tell you something really strange?
Speaker 3: This is pretty strange? Is it?
Speaker 6: Thet after I finished chemo therapy. Prior to that, I would catch everything like anyone had to sneeze.
Speaker 2: I debt.
Speaker 6: After chemote therapy, I caught nothing. Wow, for a good eighteen months, even maybe two years. It was the healthiest I ever was. It's so weird, like the whole family had a cold.
Speaker 3: Is that because you were after chema, eating healthier, looking after your body.
Speaker 1: I don't reckon sickness could like live in the body for.
Speaker 2: A bit with potential with the doubt all of it potentially. Are you saying like it was like I had superimmunity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so either you had superimmunity or there was so much like you know that mister Burns thing in the Simpsons where all the all they were trying to get in the door at the same time that none of them can actually get through the door.
Speaker 1: What an advertise, But I did.
Speaker 2: I did mention it to the oncologist and she said, I've heard that.
Speaker 1: Before, right, what an advertising for chemotherapy?
Speaker 3: True? Wow, your immune system, Like I'm the worst sick patient.
Speaker 8: As well you are.
Speaker 3: I can't take it cold. The smallest of things.
Speaker 6: Your kidney stones going, that's really you got to we them ouaday, because that's one of my biggest fears.
Speaker 1: Does it hurt heaps?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It does?
Speaker 1: They do they have to shot?
Speaker 3: Don't have to like break shot over them? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yea.
Speaker 1: So how does that delays of them? Do youoronate like blood in that Yes all the time, Like I said, not all the.
Speaker 3: Time, but after obviously the surgery and things like that, or if they move. They say the pain of a kidney stone is as child as childbirth.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I think I reckon, you might be right.
Speaker 3: That's because also ladies that have had both, and they said they would take.
Speaker 1: Sort of sort of feels they'd rather a birth.
Speaker 3: Well, they said, it's on the same sort of level as pain. Like I'm telling you, the pain of a kidney stone is nothing, and.
Speaker 6: It's ongoing, that's a thing, Whereas with the birth, you know there's going to be and you can see it.
Speaker 3: Like you know when you like you hurt your leg or something and you're like, it hurts when something internal is going on. It's more than panic.
Speaker 5: Would for us for content purposes, would you film your next or.
Speaker 3: Do anything for content?
Speaker 1: I was, well, I was about to say, can we do a live potty live from like the life from the kidney Stones? When you're urinating? So me and Dad and Jack were talking about Origin one, you know, and then you see in the background, like.
Speaker 2: Can you enlighten this as to how to minimize your risk of kidney stones? Because things do.
Speaker 3: No, it's all drinking water.
Speaker 2: So drinking water, Wow, what it is like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, like smart asses over here, Okay, there's a huge difference between drinking one leader and four leaders. Yeah, it's actually quite hard to drink fullers. And people say Oh, I go to the gym and I'll drink four leaders easy. Well, that's sort of defeating the purpose. You're sweating it out.
Speaker 1: I reckon, you can internally drown from drinking too much.
Speaker 3: You can, I've heard that you can. Yeah, you can drown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to at Melbourne Storm. We used to every wrestle session we won't allowed water. John Donna, who's the rest, has been doing it for a long time. And then I said, jd are we reckon? We're a chance of dying of dehydration? He said, and I quote more people die from over hydration than dehydration. Wow, And I said, that sounds like one of the great lives of the time.
Speaker 2: That sounds unusual. I would think that it's probably.
Speaker 3: At what point as well? Do you think enough's enough? Yeah? Do you start blowing up? You reckon like from the wadration.
Speaker 2: And wouldn't you pay you just be continually?
Speaker 3: Well, that's the problem with the four or five leaders, Like people say they do drink that much, but if you're not going twenty times a day.
Speaker 4: I'd love to get an exclusive interview at the toilet bowl with those kidney stones and asking.
Speaker 3: The problem coops, you never know when they're going to come exactly and the surgery. They might do it three months earlier and then it comes four months after.
Speaker 5: Do you see them come out?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Physically and how big are they Well, it depends on a big day, but around two mil.
Speaker 2: Wow does it hurt? Okay?
Speaker 6: Personal question literally coming out through the eye of the Penish trash.
Speaker 1: It's a friend.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I needed to go into this. I've I've been dragged down the tongue.
Speaker 2: I think it's interesting now it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it is a lot of people out there would be on my side there. It's very paper.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've heard it.
Speaker 1: We've been going for a long long time, so we don't we have to color a little bit of stuff. But we do want to go to We want to obviously do our tips and we do. We do want to tips.
Speaker 5: Trish.
Speaker 1: If you got a leader board update.
Speaker 5: With it, we do.
Speaker 6: Cooper, you're leading on sixty five. You got six last week. Jack, you had a big comeback last week. You got seven of the eighth, so you're on sixty. Matt only got five. He's on sixty one. I got seven and I'm on sixty four, so I'm in second place. Now, I would just like to let you all know picked seven from eight. I Matt picked Dragon's Eels Nights, which I would never have so I just null and voided those.
Speaker 2: But I would have picked the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I did hear those tips, and I thought he was was a bit dodgy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, not let He's coming last. Why would I let him?
Speaker 3: Do you pick Titans every week?
Speaker 2: Every week?
Speaker 4: So do I?
Speaker 5: Actually?
Speaker 2: Yes, you had a pretty loyal Cooper is the only one who has.
Speaker 1: I picked him last week?
Speaker 3: I know, did you? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I can feel I'm just a real I try to put bias aside and just use my actual football education. That's why I'm winning game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm doing okay as well.
Speaker 1: You get to do dads today, you.
Speaker 3: Get to be You're welcome.
Speaker 6: Oh there's going to be trouble, yeah, because you're going to pick West Tigers over the Titans.
Speaker 3: But that's okay, fine, I'm going in. What about last week on the show, how I said that the Tigers were morals? Yeah? He said, talked it up so hard, like I reckon like that. I started to see the bedding like actually come in at the stage I'd talked it up that hard he goes.
Speaker 1: He goes, mate, I reckon there are a chance, fans penrith, I reckon there are a chance. And I backed it up with something said, they've got a lot of x pand with poison they always lift when they play against him. Seventy four Nils sixty eight nil it was.
Speaker 3: And remember I refused to then start refreshing my computer because every time I touched it there was another try. So yeah, coops had to end up refreshing it and give that depressed.
Speaker 6: All right, as you are our guest of honor, rabbidos at Broncos, who you haven't.
Speaker 3: I will be going south.
Speaker 5: I'm going sau City myself. They were in a white strip this week from I didn't know that, so.
Speaker 4: Arrow on the back as the white out strips. That's good work, South Sydney.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to go. I'm going to go South too because Broncos no hass and Rees Walsh is on that extended bench for Origin, so I'll they've got too many years and.
Speaker 2: I'm on the South as well. Dolphins and the Roosters.
Speaker 3: I think I've actually yeah, I've gone Dolphins, have you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I love the way they're playing. In fact, I think the Dolphins.
Speaker 2: They lost last week to they know they won.
Speaker 3: They won. Yeah, I think the Dolphins coops. I think they're a huge chance and I think they're probably one of only a couple of teams that can give Penrith any trouble just with the speed out wide. I think they're forward power. I think they've got a great balanced team.
Speaker 2: It okay, you're Dolphins.
Speaker 1: What about you Dolphins as well?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm going to go the Roosters. You're the Wars and the Sharks. I'm gone the worst.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gone the Wors.
Speaker 5: You can't get you can't back against them. They just they got too much momentum.
Speaker 2: What about you keeps?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was pretty we called that Dragons game last week. They should have got beat by the Dragons first half.
Speaker 3: So although they did something find some form in that second, it's not too many outs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And over in New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Eels and the Raiders. This is an interesting one.
Speaker 3: It is a big one. I still went the Raiders. The Raiders. I think they're just what happened to the Raiders have won.
Speaker 5: I'm going just on the pure you know, they would have had a pretty intense week. I reckon the train and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, god, I'm going to get the Raiders as well.
Speaker 3: You know what, No within strange thought, a couple of up you.
Speaker 2: Know what, I'm going to go to the Eels cares.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go a little So that's one where I feel there could be a little bit of an upset there, Coup. They've been playing consistent.
Speaker 2: I'm on Boys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're right, the Origin Boys are out okay.
Speaker 2: And last game Tigers and the Titans. Well, obviously I'm the Titans.
Speaker 3: You know where I'm going.
Speaker 6: Okay, So gav is picking the Tigers from two on for Matthew's Behart.
Speaker 3: It's the last game of like ut for a couple of years as well. If we can't get up for this game the time try and get there, I'm going to say, I mean, yeah, I won't be happy if we can't Sunday afternoon, four o'clock like Art Oval on a Sunday packed house, no offense. We can't get up for the Titans no offense. True. I'm often I have to.
Speaker 6: Say every time I think I've been to like like Heart, I've watched West loose.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that.
Speaker 3: Again, I doubled down tip chemistry.
Speaker 4: She's actually been red hot this year. So but I'm going to go with the Titans two from two.
Speaker 1: I am going to go the times they were impressive against the Broncos last week.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: It's been before we wrap up as well. I do want to shout someone out during the week. Caine Evans coming out as gay during the week. I thought it was very first boat since Ian Roberts in the n role that's done it, and there's only been one AFL player who's retired and he come out as bisexual. I believe, for give him me, I'm wrong with that, but yeah, I thought it was very very brave of Kane Evans to do it, and I hope it's a little bit to think that there are people in today's society that, particularly in sport, because we know sports are a hard environment to be gay in, people feeling like they're judged and whatnot. We saw the interview that Cane ever Zee with James Bracy, But to think that still today there are people living through that. Potentially, I'm hoping that the Kine Evans news brings a lot more of those boys out and feeling not forcing them out but just feeling comfortable in doing that because well.
Speaker 6: Just think being comfortable and not feeling ashamed or feeling that they need to come out, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Might just be everyone should just be allowed to be who they are.
Speaker 1: You know, Jack and I have been. I hope I think jack experience in a locker room would be the exact same, like no one really cares, like no one would care. And I guess it's a hard thing for people to sometimes come out with, but I would like to think that twenty twenty six, where the world's at now, we've got bigger problems than you know, people not feeling accepted within the low room and stuff. I hope that, you know, I commend Kane Evans what he's done because I hope it really sets the standard now.
Speaker 5: He's a great fellow too. We are twenty twenty one.
Speaker 4: At the start of that season, I went back to Newcastle and we had an issue we had like I was back in the halves and we had no front rowers. So the Wires, obviously they were over here at the time and he was with them. They lent us two fronties for a weekend and that was the first time over with Tyron wish Ut. We beat the Dragons that day and he came and him and Caine another fella came and played in.
Speaker 5: The front row for us, and they were awesome. We had a great game. But more importantly like.
Speaker 4: They they were keen to have a beer with us after, have a laugh, like they didn't obviously like it's hard to explain to people, but when you come back from NRL you're a lot of the time, Cooper. You get a lot of people come back and they don't have the best attitude. They're not happy to be playing reserve grade. But they dropped the let alone being lent to another team's reserve grade side.
Speaker 5: But him and him and remember.
Speaker 4: Who who was with us, But they were great fellas and the boys. Actually I was chatting a Mattic Croaker, well chatt about it yesterday, Jack Murchy. No, it wasn't Jack Murchie, he was. It was a I can't remember his name, but probably listened. But they were great fellas. Me and Maddy Craik were talking about the other day because it's such it was a little bit of a deep cut because when you never really get lent players for a week.
Speaker 1: Never back in COVID. Happened at the time Cory Hawes at the Bulldogs for a remember that.
Speaker 2: Came to the standing ovation.
Speaker 1: That was a whole year that I know. This year played origin front.
Speaker 3: Of course he did and now is wrecking Truish like he was. He was second fiddled to Cameron Smith there. He got broad on the.
Speaker 1: He was going to go to the Super League.
Speaker 2: But I do think that he may have made the Tigers that you too.
Speaker 1: I think I think it was quite mutual they did. I think that was more meaning what an opportunity it was to show what he was like.
Speaker 3: She's quick. Just Kaye Evans as well. Huge shout out to the Is it the Rugby League Players Association that got in contact? I think it was Joe Nulliva from Penrith, a man back in the as well. He did. He did too, Yeah, a real good fellow and it's good to see those sort of guys that, you know, one of those hard men that can go and talk to another hard man about what it's doing and then you never see what coaches do. When you were talking about mayor managers and things. Now, Trent Robertson I heard was paying for rent and the rest of it. Never hear anything about that sort of stuff. And you can only imagine because he played for the Roosters, didn't he so seven years? Yeah, it just shows how rugby league, when someone's in trouble, someone puts their hand up or they find out it's so good the way that they can go and actually active and do this. And you know what, I reckon this has probably saved his life without any doubt. And if he can now take that message and someone as big and tough as Kine Evans comes out and sees the support that everyone's given him, hopefully this might be because you know, statistically there would be gay men playing in rugby league, no doubt. So I really hope that that stigma's long gone and people just worry about how you are.
Speaker 2: As a person exactly, being a good person.
Speaker 3: Exactly, and love watching your play footy. There should be no around love it.
Speaker 1: Great words. I appreciate you coming on to that.
Speaker 3: Gave.
Speaker 1: Dad has sent through a voice message another one if you want to listen to it before.
Speaker 2: I just want to say something, Gave. This has been my favorite episode and.
Speaker 3: Guys, can I just say, like you know, you said, get off her nipple or whatever it was last night. But I had so much fun for that five years. And I'm so proud of the way that Jack's taken over. He's taken it to a new level because Jack didn't do it. He didn't know anything about production, and we think so it was just listening in learning when we would turn up two hours before gave how do you do this? And we still talk to each other. I still talk to Trisha once or twice every couple of weeks just to get in Great to be working with you, mate, But just thank you so much for that four or five years where I was sort of in the outer a little bit, didn't I for light rugby league where I wanted to go, and you just sort of made me feel really at home here, like a second family to you guys. So I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: If I had a hard I reckon you'd nearly make me cry if.
Speaker 3: He has, but I really appreciate it. And congratulations on the podcast. It's absolutely thank you.
Speaker 1: And I hope Dad always I hope Dad has a nice message for you here because I hope it's not another one.
Speaker 7: I gave you low prick mate. Listen, I'm going to pull out the big Guns. You ever heard of a bloke called Alec Volkanowski. Well, may just got a message for you, mate.
Speaker 8: Look to be honest, I hate pieces of ship morals. Watch yourself for the headlock. Good luck.
Speaker 3: What the hell? Alexander the Great? Can you send me that? Actually?
Speaker 2: The US?
Speaker 3: I love the USA, I think, mate, you're If I had that would have been my dream to go over there the Masters or the White House. Yeah, to go there and either watch the Master's goal Ford to the White House and that to you right now, thank you?
Speaker 2: So when's that on? It's it on Sunday weekend, on Monday.
Speaker 1: It's Monday, Monday here Sunday in America. Once in the lifetime stuff at the big En it.
Speaker 3: Will never happen again. Sorry. Just before we go, you see Travis Pastrana then like bailed out Donald Trump and he is now saying that he wants to do a backflip in front.
Speaker 1: Of he is his dad rang me and this is how old dad is. Right, You're gonna love this great way to round out of Dad rings me and he goes. You know Travis Forastrana, you know from from Krusty Demons.
Speaker 3: Do you know Dane what owns it? N circuit owns them all.
Speaker 5: He goes, he goes.
Speaker 1: I think I think him, and I think the Crusty Demons is going to do bloody.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: They're the Australians just just doing tail whips.
Speaker 3: I'm a little razor, not doing four backflips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that'll be sick.
Speaker 3: It's pretty insane though, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I get that people getting controversial about it, but like pretty sick. I would love to see no limber Boxing do one on bloody Parliament House of course, down there, camera out the front of question imagine question.
Speaker 5: I love that.
Speaker 2: Oh it's fun. Have we love having you. Have a great weekend.