Speaker 1: This is the US Report with James Moroar.
Speaker 2: Good evening, and welcome to the program. Here's what's coming up tonight. Minnesota lefties discover that border checkpoints are useful so long as they're in their own neighborhood. Plus, socialist New York City mayor Zeron Mom Donnie discovers that the warm embrace of collectivism can't melt snow. And she's back. Kamala Harris re emerges on social media and she's bringing the cringe. But first, hey, let's have a little good news, shall we. If you've been watching this program for any length of time, you know that since at least late last year, I have been sounding the alarm about the upcoming midterm elections this November. After all, if the Democrats capitalize on chaos, and if historical president holds, then not only will the left take control of one or perhaps both houses of Congress, but also the entire Trump presidentcy agenda will come to a halt, with the nation put through the rigor of endless impeachment efforts as Democrats look to grandstand ahead of the crucial twenty twenty eight presidential election. Now, as I say, if history holds, Trump could be in trouble. I mean, since nineteen forty six, there have been twenty midterm elections. In eighteen of them the president's party lost seats in the House of Representatives. That's ninety percent of the midterm elections in the past eighty years. Frankly, not great odds. And Trump, who knows a thing about odds and casinos, well he'll be well aware of that. But there is something else going on. The left is making bets of his own and putting all of their chips on creating chaos over immigration enforcement efforts in the hopes of replaying twenty twenty when Black Lives Matter riots nominally in response to the death of George Floyd were used to basically bully the electorate into voting for Joe Biden. Give your votes to the Democrats, was the offer, and the violence will stop. How very godfather of them. But guess what. The early odds are now starting to shorten, and it looks like the Democrats' big bet might not pay off. The latest Harvard Harris pole has dropped, which was taken last week across the US, and it has some pretty interesting points in it. Trump's number one issue where he gets a majority approval rating is his handling of the anti ice protesters in Minnesota, and immigration has now gone up to the number two issue of concern for Americans. No wonder given that has become an article of faith on the left that not only does every single person on the planet have the right to settle in the US, according to Boston Mayor Michelle wou, every.
Speaker 3: Person of a human being has the legal right to come to the United States and seek asylum or shelter.
Speaker 2: But well, as singer Billie Eilish told the Grammys this week, the US itself isn't legitimate either.
Speaker 4: No one is illegal on stolen land.
Speaker 2: You heard the cheers. This is what now passes for gospel and orthodoxy on the left in the United States, a country that is apparently simultaneously stolen and illegitimate, as well as being the last best hope for any and every single person on the planet. Yeah, I know, makes a lot of sense, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: So what does it mean.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the midterms later this year, Well, it means that things are actually closer than you might assume. If you watch or read those outlets that have a vested interest in spreading the Trump is doomed narrative in a generic political ballots where likely voters not registered voters, and in America there's a big difference there. In a contest among likely voters, the Democrats only have actually a slight advantage fifty two to forty eight, with immigration front of mind and the contest close. This suggests that Republicans actually should lean into this issue and not take the advice of the beadwinners in the party who think it's time to pull back on immigration enforcement and play dice because there's something else going on. Republican states are growing in population, which means they're going to get more seats in Congress and more votes in the all important electoral College.
Speaker 6: Look at this, the biggest population growth this decade all five of the state states that Donald Trump Donald John Trump won Donald John Trump won in twenty twenty four Texas, Florida, North Carolina, Georgia, and of course the great state of Arizona, where I spent my New Year's Eve. I love those folks out Impresscott Arizona. These were the biggest gainers, the biggest gainers in terms of population compared to the twenty twenty census.
Speaker 2: So whatever the media says before the midterm elections. The fact is people are already voting with their feet. Who knew that living in high crime, high tax Democrat jurisdictions would be so unpopular And according to projections from the census, Democrats states are set to lose ten electoral votes and Republicans are set to gain nine at the next census. That's a big, big structural advantage. But there's one more element to this. For Republicans to win elections, those elections need to be fair and election fairness well, this is also a winning issue for the right because again, no matter what the media says, pretty much everyone in the US thinks it's a no brainer to ask voters for ID when they go to vote. And despite Democrats saying it's racist to ask people to show ID because I don't know, they think it might be hard for black people to get ID. I mean, who's being racist now? The fact is this idea is almost universally popular with Americans. And again a little bit of CNN and I love playing these clips because gosh, it must kill them.
Speaker 6: Take a look here, favorite photo ID to vote. Eighty five percent of white people favorite eighty two percent of Latino, seventy six percent.
Speaker 5: Of Black Americans favorite.
Speaker 6: So the bottom line is this voter ID is not controversial in this.
Speaker 2: Country, absolutely not, except with those people who, well for whatever reason, think it's a bad idea, And I wonder why Now. To fight this problem, Republicans are pushing something called the Same Act, which will demand voter ID and proof of citizenship crucial there to vote and not before time. This has Democrats like Chuck Schumer calling this, Well, have a look at what he had to say.
Speaker 7: Polling does suggest.
Speaker 5: There's a new Pew Research poll that ninety five.
Speaker 6: Percent of Republicans but also seventy one percent of Democrats like this idea.
Speaker 5: So why do you not?
Speaker 1: It's Jim Crow two point zero.
Speaker 6: What they're trying to do here is the same thing that was done in the South for decades to prevent people of color from voting.
Speaker 2: Ah, yes, Jim Crow two point zero reference to the old segregationist policies of the old South. Well, luckily that didn't stop Barack Obama voting back to the battle days of twenty twelve, but apparently he had to show voter ID to vote.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: Look, voter ID is a no brainer. As our citizenship checks, which have to go along with ID checks given the way states handout driver's licenses to so called undocumented aliens. If American democracy, the quote our democracy that the left loves to refer to is to survive, people must have confidence in it. Well, joining me now to talk more about this and so much more is a first time guest here on the US Report, senior fellow at Americans for Fair Treatment, Corey DeAngelis. Corey, thanks so much for joining me here on the program. Here, great to have you on. I want to talk about this Save Act and why it's so important for protecting American democracy and show you something President Trump said just a few minutes ago when he was asked about the results of the midterm election. Have a look at this.
Speaker 1: Will you trust the results.
Speaker 5: Of the bid terms if Republicans lose control of Congress?
Speaker 1: I will if the elections are honest.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he's right here about this, and there's always been concerns around some of these elections, particularly the ones we had around the COVID pandemic. Tell us about why he's right here and why this Save Act is so important for this American democracy that the left keeps talking about wanting to preserve.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you so much for having me, James. And look, the Save Act will save American democracy by allowing for more accountability and election integrity.
Speaker 9: We need to.
Speaker 8: You know, we had record breaking basically illegal immigrants flooding into the country under the Biden Harris administration, and Trump is trying to clean that up. But those people are already in the country, millions of people that can illegally vote in a lot of places that don't require voter identifications. So this is a common sense solution in Congress right now. It's already passed through our House of re Representatives by a vote of two twenty to two eight. It's in the Senate right now, where it's been stalled because we have this thing called the filibuster.
Speaker 9: But the Democrats are insane.
Speaker 8: They're the ones calling Republicans a quote unquote threat to democracy every chance that they can get. And here you have it. Here's your opportunity. Democrats, put your money where your mouth is. This is the way to secure our elections. It even allows citizens to sue government officials if they try to find loopholes around this law and try to still allow cheating and elections. The Democrats are fighting to try to get in power however they can. They don't care about our constitution, they don't care about the rule of law, and they certainly don't care about having voting rights actually mean something right voting doesn't even voting rights don't mean anything if anybody can just go out and vote, whether you're a citizen or not. These are meant to be elections for American citizens deciding who's going to represent us, not people that luoded in under a previous administration trying to take our country in a socialist direction.
Speaker 9: That's what the Democrats want.
Speaker 2: Onto other issues. Corey here, I was amazed to see this, but like a bad smell, you just can't rid of her. If for social media is anything to go by, Kamala Harris is back the form vice president. Campaign accounts have relaunched in an effort to appeal to young voters ahead of these midterms. Have a look at this.
Speaker 10: So Kamala HQ is turning into headquarters, and it's where you can go online to get basically the latest of what's going on and also to meet and revisit with some of our great courageous leaders, be they elected leaders, community leaders, civic leaders, faith leaders, young leaders. I'm really excited about it. So stay engaged and I'll see you.
Speaker 1: Out there, Corey.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping that they've also got a recipe section with lots of tasty word salads on it. What do you reckon?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's all she has behind her. And look, Kamala Harris, where did she go? Like nobody's heard of her since she lost the election. They spent what a billion dollars trying to get her into office, couldn't drag her across the finish line. And you think she's going to be the person to mobilize the gen Z vote, I don't know, maybe get a gen Z voter to kind of spearhead this campaign. Kamala Harris isn't going to excite anybody. Looks like the Democrats haven't learned anything. She lost Bigley in November, and so President Trump's probably happy that Kamala Harris is the face of their failing campaign going forward as well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure they're loving this in the White House right now. But what they're not loving right now, of course, is this ongoing situation in Minnesota. And I want to talk about Tom Holman, the White House Boarders are. He was sent into Minneapolis to lead the on the ground immigration enforcement efforts, and a lot of people have been saying Trump has backed down on this, but I actually reckon this is a big loss for the left because Holman has revealed that they are now letting ICE agents into jails to do what they should have been doing before, which is stop illegals getting out of those jails where they've been arrested for other crimes. And this unprecedented cooperation is now finally happening. Have a look at this.
Speaker 11: We currently have an unprecedented number of counties communicating with US now allowing ICE to take custody of Illigo anmins before they hit the streets.
Speaker 1: Unprecedented cooperation.
Speaker 2: Corey. This has a win for common sense, but I would also say it is a blow to Tim Waltz, who had been trying to turn this into almost a Fort Sumpter start of the Civil War two point zero situation.
Speaker 8: Now he was trying to put his big boy pants on and be a tough guy pet when he's trying to pivot away from his tampon. Tim monitored but Jim Loo worked for him because as quarters are. Tom Homan pointed out that they basically conceded. They're backing off because this is an issue that one the voters with. Look, the mainstream media, the far left media in America is largely to blame as well, because look, President, former presidents, the Democrats, they've deported people. Obama deported tons of people and guess what they there wasn't a peep. You didn't have people complaining about and crying about it. So again, this is just another way for the unions in the government school system to indoctrinate kids. Which it's a total shame that you have this indoctrination brainwashing happening in New York City schools, schools in Washington State and elsewhere. They have anti ice propaganda posters all over the place. And it's really a good argument for why we should have school choice so that you don't have so much propaganda and kids being used as political ponds in the Democrats game try to reclaim power.
Speaker 2: Well, it's all about between this and the migration, it's and the kids. It's all about trying to mint as many Democrat voters as possible. But before I let you go, I also got to talk about this other situation here the Grammys and there woke fest that return to our screens this year gets worse every year. I don't even watch it. But Billie Eilish and somebody I'd never heard of before called bad Bunny, have a look at this.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna say, eyes out. We're not savas, we're not animals, we're not aliens, we aren't humans, and we are Americans.
Speaker 2: Corey. I loved the irony of all these people who live behind walls with security and everything else talking about open borders. But I also want to return to Billie Eilish's comments too, where she said no one is illegal on stolen land. I mean again, surely this must apply to her multi million dollar mansion as well.
Speaker 9: Right, yeah, look bad Bunny, he said, we're all Americans.
Speaker 8: Okay, this issue is not really about whether you know American citizens. If you're an American citizen, you should have nothing to worry about. The ice immigration enforcement is to kick out illegal so bad buddy. If for all Americans, we should be on the same side of this argument here. But this, you know, the Grammys is turned into a cult, right They just they just repeat their incantations, try to get some applause. And it's supposed to be about kind of Hollywood, right, It's supposed to be about producing films and great and great works of art, but they've turned it into a political theater. And Billie Eilish is the biggest hypocrite of them all over the past week because she said we're on stolen land and has a fourteen million dollar mansion. It's like, okay, we'll put up or shut up if you really think we're on stolen land. A lot of people have been calling for her to give her house away. It costs fourteen million dollars to the natives in the area. The thing is, she's a hope, a hopeless hypocrite that doesn't actually believe what she's saying.
Speaker 9: She just thinks she needs to repeat these things.
Speaker 8: And it's really why we need alternatives to Hollywood and the far left producers. We need news stations on the right, but we also need alternative entertainment like Angels Studios. For example, here in America, they released a movie called Sound of Freedom that was a best seller, and so they also did win on the school system called The Death of Recess that just came out that's doing really well, so we need competition when it comes to entertainment as well.
Speaker 9: It'll get these people to shut up.
Speaker 2: At some point, Corey, We're gonna have to leave it there, and I'm going to stick to listening to the Apple Classical app I think, Cordee, let's thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 9: Thanks so much, James, good talking to you.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a lot more going on in the US, including a disturbing story out of Las Vegas. And joining me now to discuss this and a lot more is political commentator Stephanie Hammel. Stephanie wasn't was the program, And I want to start with this very weird story out of Las Vegas, which I think deserves a lot more attention than it's getting. An illegal biolab has been found running out of a Las Vegas home that has also been searched been serving as an Airbnb. Now Metropolice in the FBI carried out a search and found that it was linked to a secret Chinese lab that was found in California in twenty twenty three, which was oozing with equal I, HIV, malaria and COVID carrying mice. This is all very disturbing, Stephanie. How do you think we should be about this, particularly the fact that it has connections to the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 12: Hi, James, I am concerned because, as you mentioned, there were links to another lab that we saw in the news several years ago in California. So how many labs are there in the United States of America and across the.
Speaker 13: World for that matter.
Speaker 12: In this particular case, there are so many more questions than answers.
Speaker 13: Right now.
Speaker 12: We know that they found like a thousand pieces of evidence in regards to these bio weapons potentially.
Speaker 13: And hazardous materials.
Speaker 12: So as you had said, they found things like COVID and danay and malaria and HIV. What are they trying to do with this stuff here in the US? And more details about the suspect here. He apparently is a Chinese national. So we have Chinese nationals in the US running these labs, and you know, if they're doing it in secrecy, it's probably because they're not doing it for a good reason, if I had to guess, So there must be something nefarious going on there. And even if they had good intentions, the fact that they have this in a neighborhood, in a home really puts so many Americans and people in the world at risk.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it just seems very very disturbing to me, and it seems like a huge national security issue. And I hopefully we hear more about this in the days weeks to come. But I want to move over to California as well, and we've got to talk about this here. The absolute tongue bath the media is giving Governor Gavin Newsom now. The New York Times this week devoted an entire page to Gavin Newsom, while Vogue published its own profile, which and get your sick bags, folks here, because it opened with the words, let's get this out of the way. He is embarrassingly handsome, his hair seasoned with silver, at ease with his own evidence, and it went on to describe him as lithe ardent, energetic, a glimmer of optimism in his eye, Kennedy esque Stephanie. This is pretty over the top. And if they're going this hard now, trying to pump up Gavin Newsom, does this tell us that maybe some folks are actually worried that if people start to look at what Gavin Newsom actually did in California, they might not want him as president of the United States.
Speaker 12: I wasn't ready for the cringe in this article, and it just went.
Speaker 13: On and on and on and on. It was so long.
Speaker 12: And this the author of the piece, Maya Singer, I mean, she was just fawning over Newsom. I mean, kicking off with just how good looking Newsom is.
Speaker 13: It's just embarrassing how good looking he is.
Speaker 12: I mean, I'm embarrassed for this person who essentially is calling themselves a journalist, that they would have the audacity to publish something like this without even being slightly critical of maybe Newsom's policies and how they have affected the state of California. California has so many issues and none of those were addressed in this article. As an American voter, I can tell you I don't want to California the United States of America. I also find it interesting that the party who is so vocally opposed to white men are looking at another older white man for president.
Speaker 13: This is the.
Speaker 12: People, this is the person people are supporting for president in these early polls. Newsom hasn't announced that he's running yet, but it's very obvious he's really considering it and taking himself seriously, because if you look at his Twitter feed. It's all about Trump. It's nothing to do with his state. He also was recently gallivanting around Davos, trying to mingle with the world elite, trying to show that maybe he is a good potential for president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean it's funny too, because, as you suggest, Kevin Newson was kind of setting up himself up as the de facto leader of the opposition in the United States. But I just have a hard time taking him seriously because you know, for all the pretty boy looks, there's something weird and reptilian about him, and he just doesn't wind up convincing people I think that he's a normal guy. I mean, just take a look at this clip here.
Speaker 5: It's just typical Trump trying to forgive me.
Speaker 11: It's a French phrase, piss on the grasshoppers to hear them sing.
Speaker 2: I don't know about you, Stephanie, but I actually asked a few French people. None of them had actually heard of this phrase. What is he trying to do here?
Speaker 12: He's just trying to seem likable and funny, and it's just not hitting well. Maybe some people like it, like Maya singer over at Vogue, but the rest of everyday Americans. I don't think they're buying into it. It is very cringe. It's just really hard to watch, and I just don't think.
Speaker 13: The American people are going to support someone like that.
Speaker 12: And we see him trying to position himself as some sort of moderate, but he has a record that he can't run away from.
Speaker 13: He's been in politics forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean we've been playing clips on this show of the state of Los Angeles and San Francisco for years now, and I just feel like all of those things are going to wind up making incredible Republican campaign ads should he wind up being the nominee. But on too a former US President Bill Clinton and his wife Hillary Well, they have finally agreed to testify into in a correstionional investigation into the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. Now this could stave off a planned vote to hold the pair in contempt. But what are you expecting anything, if anything, to come out of this testimony.
Speaker 13: I mean, I hope something will.
Speaker 12: I would love to see some of the people who are named in the Epstein files held accountable, but it's been going on for so long and it appears that there's just been this cover up and an effort to protect all of these people. I'll say that I've spent the last few nights going through hundreds of these Epstein files directly from the DJ website, because I wanted to make sure some of the things I'd seen on social media were accurate, that these weren't doctored emails or just fake stuff that people were sharing on social media. And I am actually shocked to my core. I'm just totally appalled by the things I've seen.
Speaker 13: I just can't.
Speaker 12: Believe that there are so many people in positions of power, they're rich, the wealthy Hollywood, who are so depraved and would have interest in these diabolical things that Jeffrey Epstein was apparently doing according to his own emails.
Speaker 13: It is just abhorrent.
Speaker 12: And then the idea in the fact that Gilaine Maxwell is the only person behind bars, so are so many people that need to be held accountable. This hearing that's coming up, it's going to be at the end of the month. And the reason the Clinton this is my theory, the reason the Clintons agreed to doing this was because Democrats started turning on them, and you know, people are politically irrelevant when the Democrats start turning on them.
Speaker 13: So that says a lot.
Speaker 12: About the Clintons. But Bill Clinton can't run away from this. He is in so many photos, he is in so many of the emails. He's visited the island, He's been on the Lita Express too many times. So he's going to have a lot of explaining to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean, as the old phrase and political scandals goes, what did he know and when did he know it? Steph? Before I let you go, I want to show you this here is people are starting to get sick of anti immigration Customs Enforcement ICE protesters. As I suggested earlier, but I was hoping you could explain this to me. These Minnesota residents have set up a check point, and well, just let this lady explain how this works.
Speaker 3: We are literally creating a place that we know who's coming and going in and out of our neighborhood.
Speaker 7: Steph.
Speaker 2: It sounds like all of these anti immigration enforcement protesters have come up with something that sounds an awful lot like a border checkpoint, which is pretty ironic, is it?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Nothing says defending democracy like cause playing border agents or ICE agents. It's just so absurd, and it's just so on brand for these protesters. Of course they're going to set up a barrier and try to find out who's coming in and if there were a threat for their community. Same thing with the American people, right we have a barrier or border wall, border laws. We just want to know who's coming in and we want to know who's a threat to our community. The thing that's just so annoying about the situation is that the federal government is going after criminal illegals, like horrible criminals, violent criminals, rapists, pedophiles, and people that have long rap sheets, and the community is just going out on a limb here, you know, using their bodies as shields to protect these horrible people that have no place in this society.
Speaker 2: Stephanie, as the saying goes, you either have strong borders around your nation or you have strong borders within it. Thank you so much for your time, Stephanie, really appreciate it. Now, don't go away because the New York Post Editor at Large, Kelly Jane Torrens, is with us after the break to talk about what's going on in New York City. But first let's go to the City of Brotherly love Philadelphia, where the Sheriff's Department has just put out this ad trying to recruit the best, the bravest, and the fittest to come join them. And as you will see, they're only looking for applicants who are in peak physical condition. Have a look, and I assure you this is not a joke.
Speaker 1: God we fu.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I reckon even I could pass the physical for that gig. What do you think would I look good in uniform? Maybe not? Anyways, stick around Just Kellen Jane Torrens coming up after break, Welcome back to the program. And as we talk about all things American, I thought it might be a good idea to take a trip to New York City and see how things are going. One month in with zoron Mom Donnie the Big Apple's new Democrat socialist mayor. Now, just a reminder, this is what he promised in his inaugurational address.
Speaker 7: We will replace the frigidity of rugged individualism with the warmth of collectivism.
Speaker 2: Ah, the warmth of collectivism. Well, let's check out how that's going.
Speaker 3: Hey, if I had to grade the city on how well they did cleaning off the snow, I'd give them a zero. Should we do a texture check, Curs and sol They cleaned up the snow like it's a small town.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right, As anyone who's ever seen Doctor Jevago knows, the warm embrace of collectivism can't melt snow. To tell us all about this and all the other disasters unfolding in the new socialist paradise, let's go to The New York Post Editor at large, Kelly Jane Torrance. Kelly, thank you so much for joining me here. This snowstorm has clearly been a disaster. At least thirteen people have died of hypothermia, so it's not just about inconvenience. Here's a little bit of the mayor.
Speaker 7: Each of these lives lost is a tragedy. My heart was at the family of those mourning their loved ones. We are continuing to do everything in our power to get every New Yorker into a shelter where they will be warm.
Speaker 2: Kelly, what is it like there in New York living under this regime that can't deal with the snow. How is the warm and brace of collectivism treating you?
Speaker 14: James, I'm not feeling very warm these days. Admittedly I am right now because I'm in a nice, warm studio, but out just outside it's a disaster. It's just incredible how badly he has mismanaged his very first snowstorm. You know, he stopped the NYPD from going after and dismantling homeless encampments, so he really is not being very warm towards the people freezing to death outside. Yes, you know, there's a lot of issues with the homeless here in New York, and he's determined not to do anything about it. If somebody wants to stay out and freeze, he's happy to just let them sit there and not even try to get the people into somewhere warm. It's incredible. The snow is still here, a lot of it. It's we've got record called temperatures really in the next day or so. You know, there's a you know, keep getting these weather alerts and it's crazy. You know, the garbage hasn't been picked up either, James. You know, when I came home the other night, there were two huge sanitation trucks parked on my block, but the guys were just standing outside them, just kind of joking around.
Speaker 5: It didn't look like they were doing any work. I'm not sure what that.
Speaker 14: Was about I tried to take some pictures of the trucks, and the sanitation guys weren't too happy with me, so I had to have a nice chat with them to you know, be able to go on my merry way on in Ma Donnie's New York. But it's incredible. You know, the traffic is terrible. You know, Uber prices are.
Speaker 5: Through the roof.
Speaker 14: It was they wanted fifty two dollars for a ten minute ride the other day. And it's harder to never get a cab, of course, because cabs are working with Uber now. So you know, this is all This has been a complete disaster. The only thing that could make it worse if you know, you had the UN General Assembly happening at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I mean, having lived in New York a lot of my life, I know that this practical issue of trash is insane at the moment. And I know that when those trash mountains start to build up in New York, they're the first sign of a breakdown in the broader order of the city. Haven't listened because you're not the only one. Here's some other locals.
Speaker 1: Getting out until the spring.
Speaker 2: Look at his dirt a week after the snowstorm.
Speaker 6: Look at his.
Speaker 2: Dirty Kelly, Are you worried, as somebody who's lived in New York for a long time, that this is a sign of things to come, that you know, this is this is the first sign of a much broader breakdown in New York, that we could be going back to a pre Giuliani type of situation in the city.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, it.
Speaker 14: Could be, as they say, a perfect storm, James, because we've seen, you know, crime has been a problem in New York.
Speaker 5: Mayor Adams brought some most of it down a bit.
Speaker 14: But with Momdanni and now and of course his pro criminal you know activities and rules, it's it's everyone for themselves really in terms of law abiding New Yorkers. And by the way, while we're facing you know, this possible breakdown in public order, Mamdani is most focused on his own, you know, appearance. He actually got the one thing he did do for storm preparation was got a custom embroidered Carhart.
Speaker 5: Jacket that, uh, you know, it's hilarious.
Speaker 14: One of his spokes people said that, you know, he wanted to have a new look for a new start.
Speaker 5: Well except that he used an old, old font.
Speaker 14: Of of that says the City of New York from advertising from decades ago.
Speaker 5: Uh, it's incredible.
Speaker 14: And apparently he's only been seen in this jacket once and I guess everyone took notice.
Speaker 5: He's been too scared to wear it.
Speaker 14: But you know again, you know, during the campaign, this guy was all about smiling and his social media videos and really low on substance. You know, he couldn't even wouldn't even take a stand on so many of the issues.
Speaker 5: And now we're seeing what happens.
Speaker 14: You know, he's again caring about his appearance while the city is falling apart. And of course you know what happens when garbage piles up rats. Yeah, and you know it's it's you know, it's going to be every person for themselves, and you know the rats are going to probably be, you know, taking over pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I mean, you know, this bespoke Bolshevik mom Donnie here talking about crime. He really seems to be going on as we feared before the election. On this now footage is the merge of a deranged man lunging at police with a knife. The man was eventually shot, but Mom Donnie's sympathy was not with the officer who went through this ordeal, but instead he went to go meet with the family of the knife wielding man and chatted with him in hospital. How look at this.
Speaker 7: I spoke with the Chuckerworthy family and I visited Javis in the hospital, and there is no family should have to endure this kind of pain.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what.
Speaker 14: That's the right reaction, James. What It's incredible. I mean, here's somebody who you know, puts his life at stake every time he goes to work, as all NYPD officers do, and he got shot. Luckily, you know, he survived. It could have been a lot worse. And you know, you just you know, the cops are the guy attacking with the knife, Sorr. I mean, he could have you know, he could have been stamped to death for all you know, you know, if if it had gotten to that, and would Wandanni still be visiting in that case his murder instead of just his attacker. It's incredible that his sympathies are with the people that are not only making him ypd's jobs more difficult, but endangering everybody in this city. And that's who Zara Mum, Donnie stands with it's it's just it's it's it's frightful, and it does not bode well for the rest of his administration.
Speaker 2: No, and you know they also got their hands on the next generation too, because before I let you go, I've got to play this year absolutely not's footage. This is like something out of the Cultural Revolution. Students at New York's Chloe Day School are being taught anti ice chants by activists.
Speaker 5: Look at so some of.
Speaker 10: Our friends are gonna share how they feel about what's happening and what they want to see happening out over.
Speaker 15: It to change the hard that you see. Why we want to tell people.
Speaker 3: Speople and what do we want to say at the school?
Speaker 2: Kelly, This is like brainwashing. As I said, it's like the Cultural Revolution. What is happening here?
Speaker 14: You're right, James, that is the analogy to make the cultural revolution.
Speaker 5: And it's kind of crazy.
Speaker 14: I mean, these are children who obviously don't understand the very you know, difficult, complicated issues at play here, and certainly their teachers are not, uh, you know, actually explaining what's actually going on.
Speaker 5: And it's really sad to use children as ponds.
Speaker 14: You know, you can have your opinions about ice if you don't think that, you know, you want the government getting out illegal immigrant criminals.
Speaker 5: You know, we've got people that have been wanted for everything from.
Speaker 14: Assault to sexual assault, even of miners to murder. If you're you know, standing for those people, that's one thing. But to use children as your pond to help those criminals is just beyond the pale. And it worries me because this is exactly from the communist playbook. And you know, Zerun Mamdannie is already you know, making the city worse. You know, I wonder how comfortable people would feel doing that, For example, if Mayor Adams was still in office, and I haven't heard, you know, mom Donnie utter a word of complaint about that kind of brainwashing. And you just know, you know, he's trying to, of course make more good little voters that will vote for the insanity that he represents.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he approves of that, absolutely one. Kelly, Jay and Torrens, thank you so much for your time read her stuff for the New York Post. And speaking of pro immigration protesters, have you ever wondered about the training sessions some of these Karens go through before they mix it up with the federals. Well, check this out footage, and this is real. It is not an SNL skit of activists learning the ropes.
Speaker 15: Blas no feares.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they already had those whistles to call for help when they fell down at the nursing home. Stick around because elections correspondent Rihanna Liman is with us after the break. Welcome back to the program. Thrilled now to be joined by elections correspondent for the Federalist dot Com, Brianna Lyman. Brianna, thanks so much for coming on the program tonight. Huge news out of Washington, where it looks like the paper that devoted itself to the idea of democracy dying in darkness is dying a bit of a slow death itself, with publisher Jeff Bezos laying off three hundred workers, three hundred journalists, about a third of the newsroom staff. What's your reaction to this, because while no one ever cheers when a journalist is fired, it does seem to me that this just proves that the Washington Post's business model of anti Trump hackery, well that just doesn't sell anymore, does it.
Speaker 4: No? And right now, at least in the United States, there is a record low trust in the mainstream media, or as I like to call it, the propaganda press. And I think Washington Post is a case point. Right. This is an outlet that has peddled the Russia collusion hopes. They peddled the Kavanaugh papesmear hoax. They pedal that Biden is actually a super healthy and cognizant guy. That wasn't true. So I think readers have lost trust. And when you're being charged to then read the Washington Post articles, you realize you're not getting that much bang for your bucket. You can go over to free sites. You can go to Sky News, you can go to Fox News.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: There are ways you can access the news just the same and not get that left from spin. And I see a lot of people saying, well, Jeff Bezo should have just dipped into his own personal money and paid these staffers for five years. And that's what we see when you see happen when the real world collides with liberal fantasies. Right, they don't understand that in a capitalist society, when you're doing business, if your product doesn't sell, you're done, right, They don't seem to understand that. So they're learning a real life lesson. That's unfortunate. They've lost their jobs, but if they have actually useful skills, they should have no problem finding a new one.
Speaker 2: Well exactly. I mean, this is the thing that really strikes me. You talk about the hoax, is this is a paper that was used to launder every sort of deep state conspiracy about Trump. This was the paper that was used to push through the Steel dossier, which was full of all of those hoaxes and lives about that Trump in an attempt to interfere with an election. I mean, once you've got a newspaper trying to be a player in an election, it's all over, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then again the Washington Post tries to build it self. As you know, a neutral democracy dies in darkness. And yet for them, democracy dies in darkness if Republicans are winning. That's always been And when a Republican is in office, everything that they do is bad, it's illegal, it's unconstitutional. And when a Democrat's in office, even if it is illegal and unconstitutional, it's wiped away or it's swept under the rug by the Washington Post. And so I think that they're learning that readers don't actually want to read them anymore, especially some of the sections they cut, like their book section. I think they cut their sports section. You know, A sports has put that aside. Right, people are tired of being told that men can play in girls' sports. Washington Post has peddled that kind of fantasy and delusion. They're also tired of hearing about racism and sports. They just want to walk sports play out. And again, you can go to Fox Sports, right. They don't talk about racism. They talk about what you're watching. So it's little things like that that the Washington Posts over the past few years could have changed. They never did, and now they're facing the repercussions.
Speaker 2: Absolutely right. Hey, speaking of media lefties too, I want to talk about former failed CNN host with relevance deprivation disorder, Donald Lemon, and President Trump has ripped into him over his claim that he was acting as a journalist when he followed a mob of anti ice protesters storming a church in Minneapolis. Have a look at what he had to say.
Speaker 11: One Trumpeter in particular that just I watched his performance, it was terrible. They try and use frema repressed and alls to get out of a criminal event. But that was a horrible thing to witness.
Speaker 2: And meanwhile, we've had others on the left saying that oh no, no, no, no, this church. Showing the church and what was going on in this church was like showing what was going on in the death camp Nazien Germany. I mean, come on, Brihanna, the Left, they've lost it on this one, haven't they.
Speaker 4: Don Lemon is an embarrassment of a journalist, let alone a man. I mean, take at just the face value. Men are supposed to protect women and children, and Don Lemon went into this Christian church to harass and terrorize young children. So not only did he fail as a journalist, he felt just in his basic manhood as for his journalists. Look, being a journalist is not a get out of jail free card. I cannot go and commit a crime and say, but I'm a journalist. I was just testing this out because I'm going to write an entire report on how to actually rob someone successfully. You no, you don't get to do those things. And according to the indictment, he blocked one of the I think it was the exit ways. That's all what a journalist does. He was also harassing the pastor. The pastor said, look, these are people who are trying to worship, and Don Lemon says, well, they have you know, freedom of the press. Well, there's also freedom of religion, and he violated that. And when Biden was in office, they went after conservative journalists and throw them in jail, or tried to throw them in jail under the Face Act. And so, you know what, for the same party that told us nobody's above the law and that people should be treated equally under the law, Don Lemon is now getting exactly what he reaped.
Speaker 2: Well. And not only that, the Obama administration, rather the Biden administration put churches under surveillance and said that people who attended Latin Catholic masses could be suspicious and white supremacists. Hey, on that other subject though, of white supremacy. Nike, as would say in the United States, or Nike as we say down under, they're under investigation by the US government overclaims that the footwear company discriminated actively against white workers. Court documents have been revealed showing investigations are being led into allegations the firm engaged in biased treatment against white employees, job applicants, and training program participants tell me about this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I read the story, and I don't think it's surprising. You know, we have seen the di monster kind of take over a lot of corporations over the past few years, and I think only now are we having that kind of reconciliation. We're kind of orienting ourselves to say this was ridiculous. We were justifying discrimination against in particular white men to remedy what others claim was happening, even though there was not necessarily any proof to say there was widespread discrimination. Right, And I think it's good that Nike or Nike will be held accountable, as every corporation should, because everybody should focus on merit based applicants. If you are picking someone because they check a box with their race, their gender, their sexuality, that's problematic because one it doesn't mean that they're qualified to do the job, and two again you're pushing someone else aside who may be qualified but because of their skin tone. So discrimination is bad no matter who it is against, and everybody should take a stand black, white, Asian, whatever you are, against any kind of discrimination, including hiring practices.
Speaker 2: Here here and very well said finally, Brianna, before I let you go. It's a super Bowl this weekend. I hope everyone's going to get their hot wings out and all that sort of fun stuff. But our old friend Bad Bunny I mentioned him earlier in the show, and I don't know where they get these names, but he has been announced as the halftime show. Now we've talked a lot about politics in sport here. Is he going to wind up using this halftime show to go on another rant about illegal immigration and Trump and everything else?
Speaker 4: Oh of course he will. And I think it's odd that the NFL allowed him to be the singer or the performer, because most people who are tuning in on the Super Bowl and who even are attending that one probably aren't going there for politics. They're not these soy boys or these white woke liberal women. They're probably young dudes who care about sports and politics, and we also know are not politics. But we do know that young dudes who do care about sports also tend to lean Republican. We saw on the twenty twenty four election, eighteen to twenty nine year old young men shifted twenty nine points the right. We know older men tend to be conservative, So the demographic that will likely be watching and attending the Super Bowl is not the same time graphic that would enjoy bad Bunny. At least that's what I would assume.
Speaker 2: Brand Aliman so well said, And yes, if only the King could come back and give us some of that wisdom today, Brandliman from the Federalist dot Com, thank you so much as always for your time. Really appreciate your coming on the program. Now stick around because Only in America is next, and you're not going to want to miss it, because well, we love our Only in America, don't we folks. But what's the old saying about common sense being not that common. Well, here's some common sense from a lady known as Grannie Biggins, and I think she gets the last word on the whole stolen land debate.
Speaker 14: Most people don't want to hear this, but I'm going to say it anyway. If mourners don't matter, neither does who stole the land.
Speaker 2: You got to pick one, Yes, you tell them Granny. Only in America is next. Welcome back to the program, and now it's time for that segment you know and love Only in America. Mate, Yes, I suspect you know where this is going. Have you ever thought about what Donald Trump would sound like if he were Australian. Well comedian Scott Miller has and here's the result.
Speaker 16: You know, they say that it's been Asy and the alban Asi, can you believe it? Asia and the Albanesi. It should be nothing but difficult in hard times. And the Albensia, isn't it? The course of living is yet numbers never seen before. Believe me, we're looking into it.
Speaker 2: You can say that again, and that was recorded before interest rates went up. Anyway, that's all the time we have for this week. See you next time and I'll catch you Sunday morning at nine am. For outsiders,