Speaker 1: Just fun. Babby, what's up?
Speaker 2: This is Daniel Serie nay famous sho.
Speaker 1: Gim me sake, you're listening to smiles. Hey, welcome back to the show and the country. And his voice works. Check one to check one to check one. It works. Hey it is. Can you hear yourself?
Speaker 2: I can?
Speaker 1: You can't, like I can't really the volumes? Oh ship shoot that.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can hear my.
Speaker 1: Welcome back, my man. Thank you so much. You did the Red Room for us last night. Congratulations, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It was that was so fun.
Speaker 1: You had a great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my first time singing in like a month and it was a perfect warm up.
Speaker 1: Yeah for people who don't know. You were meant to be here a couple of weeks ago, but then you had this uh hemorrhage.
Speaker 2: I have never had a hemorrhage.
Speaker 1: Yea you put up for people, You put up the reache of your vocal colds. Yeah on the internet, I did. It did look like another like it does look like that. It did look like a.
Speaker 2: Vocal They did warn everyone that it was a jump scare though. Yeah, yeah, I'm not liable, no anyone.
Speaker 1: How is the vocal call? Well, how did you heard it, how.
Speaker 2: It's good now. It was just I got a little too excited and did too many shows in a row, with too much promo, with too many meet and greets, Like it was very like I was waking up and talking and singing up until I was going to bed, and like it was really really packed, and you know, I was doing like four shows in a row, which it was all just like pushing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and yeah, you must have learned. Yeah, so then did you wike up it one day and just suddenly you try to talk and nothing it comes out.
Speaker 2: Ten minutes before I went on stage in Amsterdam, I was having a conversation just like this with my friend Justin, and in the middle of talking, just like air starts coming out, and like like basically the way like talking works with your vocal cords is rubbed together, and like that's what creates resonance and what you feel when you're talking. Okay, it was the craziest feeling. The best way I can describe it. It was like a broken squeak toy, where like I could feel that my chords were separate and the air was just passing straight. Oh and so it was like a really weird like feeling, but never again that. No, we ain't gonna let that happen again.
Speaker 1: No, with the money make up, I can't have that. I cannot have the money.
Speaker 2: Like one show day off, two shows day off, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, now it's like the ankle weights are off.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, this is nice.
Speaker 1: Now now you're the worst nightmare for your management because you're like, the guy does not want to work and we can't tell him to work. I need a week after, Yeah, I need. I just need to go and sun myself in Florida or something like. I just can't do this. You've got the new song coming out on Friday, blame it on you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, it's my favorite song I have ever made, hands down. It just I'm actually like a pessimist with my own songs, Like I'm pretty hard on my own songkay, I won't hype it up really ever, but this one, it's just it's like the first song I think I would be a fan of if I hadn't made it and someone else did, I would like save it and listen to it, and yes, it just feels so good.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let's take a listen to it because you dropped a taser. Have a listen to this new track for Daniel sav El Friday. Come We're gonna play there. This is the swears This is the sweary version. Here comes, here comes coming out, keep coming out? Who are you listening to? When you might like obviously like, dude, what were you so funny? You ask?
Speaker 2: I grew up under a rock basically like I was from a very small town that was super hipster. Dad was a pastor. Didn't listen to secular music at all until the last like two years. And in this session with this sick producer Andrew Ellis and this writer Emma Rosen, they put me on to Food Fighters. I never heard of Food Fighters in my life ever.
Speaker 1: Ever Wait, wait, when was the first time you'd heard about the food hotest.
Speaker 2: A month and a half ago. I'd never heard them in my life. Swear to go and they played me ever long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's there's a lot to get. So they got a deep catalog.
Speaker 2: Oh my, they played me just the riff bob bomb bomb Bomb, and I was like.
Speaker 1: Pause that and we just had a night.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. And my bread and Butter is like Kings of Leon and just like a lot of the two thousands to twenty tens that was like, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: It's good. I'm so excited for you because because you've missed out on a fair beer. Oh you've got a deep dog, bro, you's so excited. Every day he is going to be Christmas for you, and and and everyone else is like, oh, we heard that. You've never heard that before.
Speaker 2: I heard mister bright Side for the first time six months ago Swear to God from The Killers Swear to God. Yes, I just heard.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of a band called The Darkness? You need to look that up because your falsetto that's popping off in this vocal is very much like a track called I Believe In a Thing called Love, and I think you would really get around that.
Speaker 2: I Believe in a Thing called Love.
Speaker 1: Yep, and there's a track called Growing on Me, which is there two thousand and four this one, Yeah, this is it. That's still fine.
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 1: That was that was huge?
Speaker 2: This is fine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you'd love that. Whoa.
Speaker 2: They almost have like a very like but it's like proper rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah totally, yeah, Like that was sick.
Speaker 2: That should be in like Guitar Hero yeah, that was sick.
Speaker 1: That was sick anyway. So that for you, blame it on you, is coming out Friday. Love that you, Thank you, I love that for you. I'm so excited the shows also, you're playing those around the country, sir. You got Melbourne next week, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. You're looking forward to get playing those shows.
Speaker 2: I've been dying to get back on stage. Is my favorite thing ever. And not even just saying this, because I'm here at the fans all through Australia and New Zealand have been so passionate and like they've just been showing up more than any other place I've been. And so I've been looking forward to this tour four months, especially because I had to postpone it so many times. I've just been waiting, like I'm finally here.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited our works, We're excited to have you. You're gonna hang out with us when we come back. We've got a game. We call it the Yes No Game, Sick, and it's really easy, like it's only it's only two when we come back. And we've got props as well, because you love a prop.
Speaker 2: I love a good crop.
Speaker 1: Awesome sounds freaky. What's up?
Speaker 2: This is Daniel Sevie. You're listening to Small.
Speaker 1: Daniel see me hanging out with us tonight here on the show. You ready, sir for the Yes No Game?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, that was part of the game. I have a prop for you. Hold the Do you know? Do you know how many famous people have held those paddles over the years? I could list the yes, sniff wow, so many of Zac Efron, Katie Perry, I don't even know. Oh, Ed Sheeran, Fifth Harmony, I'm not sure from who in Fifth Harmony held that paddle in particular? Hopefully calla Are you Demi Levado even held that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Some of the greats there. You're now joining a very small select group of people to play. Are you ready to go? The questions are just yes or no when all you need to do is hold the paddle, and then I may ask for more details depending on your said answer. Let's go, Yes No game. Question one? Ever gone longer than three days without changing your underwear?
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 1: From question no detail? Or okay? Question two? E Pete in a s oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually got into a fight with my girlfriend the other day because I never peed in my pool, and I was like, this is like, I'm never gonna pee in this one. This is a clean pool. And she's like, I've been peeing in this and so then she she was like, just let it out, and I let one out.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's writing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I know it was kind of like bombed because I was like, oh, pure, No, it's not pure.
Speaker 1: It hadn't been pure for months though.
Speaker 2: It's actually hutred.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Have you ever stolen something from a supermarket? No, liar, No, actually no, no I have.
Speaker 2: I have watched my friends steel and I didn't call him out.
Speaker 1: You Yeah, okay, No. My favorite thing to do, uh is sometimes like you know, when you eat a grape off the off the shelf. Yeah, that's my stealing. Yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: I changed my answer. One time. I drank a red Bull in the store and then left and I actually got put in like holding cell. I didn't even know. It was like a like just your average grocery store and they hadd a damn holding soell in. That's true story.
Speaker 1: That's America. Yeah, that's America.
Speaker 2: America.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think. I don't think culturally you were aware. No other supermarkets around the rest of the world have holding I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't know if any other supermarket ever would do that, So that was just a weird day.
Speaker 1: Have you ever dropped food on the floor and eaten it all the time? Yeah? Is there a time? Do you have the five second rule or do you real? Do you push that out sometimes because I'm like, if no one's looking for me, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Still looking pretty good good, you know, like it's like, yeah, yeah, great, yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 1: Have you googled yourself? Yeah? What did you google? What comes up? Do you just search for? Do you ever like what if they search my height? A lot lately?
Speaker 2: Because people are lying out here I'm six for so.
Speaker 1: No, you're not.
Speaker 2: Don't do this. Are you?
Speaker 1: You're on six four? You barely taller than me? Okay, all right, he's not are you? Are you six four? Yes? Or no? You're saying again, okay, how tall are you really? Sorry, just because the Internet's going to go, well, you're not six four, you can't.
Speaker 2: Be lays it says like five ten.
Speaker 1: That's well, I'm like five ten. Yeah, you're taller than me.
Speaker 2: Obviously, like.
Speaker 1: That, don't remember angler I am looking forward to seeing you on tour next week. I'll see you at the show. Thank you, thank you for coming on the show Man. I appreciate it.