Speaker 1: Hello, welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Top of the Morning.
Speaker 1: To your Top of the Morning. Clint with thumbs looking at me angry Mum told us to start ye running the lady.
Speaker 3: Integral part of the podcast.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no, I disagree with that, strongly disagree with integral.
Speaker 2: It's a strong word. Good weekend, everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, firstly we should do a head counts. Will be back in the sex just run to roll the bathroom, just mace dog, just street rolls in each morning at about Hey, guys, a thank you very much.
Speaker 2: They're calling.
Speaker 1: I just want to give the people what they want to.
Speaker 4: I am here.
Speaker 2: She's developed into a fan favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh is she getting some love?
Speaker 5: On a couple of comments on the fan page.
Speaker 6: It was quite nice, wasn't it, though.
Speaker 5: Page don't say anything silly that will You'll be going your You'll be dead.
Speaker 7: Oh are you on the Wikipedia page?
Speaker 8: At my dog?
Speaker 7: Let me have it?
Speaker 2: What's the Wikipedia page?
Speaker 1: The Wikipedia page of the show is updated quite quickly.
Speaker 4: Technically I could add myself, what do you mean there's a Wikipedia page?
Speaker 6: You still use Wikipedia?
Speaker 2: Am I on the Wikipedia page?
Speaker 1: True?
Speaker 4: Have you actually used Wikipedia to google something?
Speaker 6: I use it quite often?
Speaker 2: Actually, I got it sick. Oh my god.
Speaker 8: Team members, guys.
Speaker 1: I ran It's Brady in the World on the weekend.
Speaker 2: This is Funny co hosts since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Macman's in the house covering the podcast. Today, Scatt did a epic forty hour drive to adelad What can I get into the mic up here.
Speaker 7: Just quickly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just pad for a bit.
Speaker 6: We have got the.
Speaker 7: New show at Nova has got its own little page. You're not on there yet, Mace Dog, but I think if we put it out to the universe today, you will be by the by close of business today, I'd say you'll be on the page.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of they've got team members, like active team members. Then they've got like an alumni, past team members.
Speaker 1: It's a long list, long list, long list.
Speaker 7: They've described me as talent booker and an alleged spy for HR.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh, what's mine was previously.
Speaker 7: A breakfast presenter at Magic ninety three point one and was on the production team for Jason PJ Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's uncomfortable. How do they know all that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, we've got a chemera crew coming into film for Byfe now postcards.
Speaker 5: Postcards, Yes, set up around us and he's one of the best in the business.
Speaker 1: And he's dealt with you, Clint, and.
Speaker 2: I'll special filter on the special filter.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, is this the filter? It shoves ten years off?
Speaker 2: It is, No, that's botox.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm seeing this in full flight on the news when they hit sport mace dog. What time to finish up? Said they not?
Speaker 4: It was early Yeah, I deleted a couple of beers. Had a good time though.
Speaker 1: Was that a birthday? What was I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Was it the same night you're out.
Speaker 3: It was let's say north or south of four thirty am?
Speaker 2: We were together.
Speaker 4: It was about bang on that you told.
Speaker 2: Me a solid hit electric?
Speaker 8: Yes, into one into.
Speaker 7: The other one revs.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Circus Circus.
Speaker 6: Circus has got to be one of the dingies.
Speaker 4: So much time you go to circus and nobody talks for anyone in there. Everyone just bomped around and.
Speaker 2: I can't talk.
Speaker 1: It's so good. What I thought you had a circus like during the day?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, yeah, it's anything from I would say four until what what times? I shot about eighty about it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: What time did you get to circus?
Speaker 4: Three thirty three?
Speaker 6: Some creatures beat their Electric rush.
Speaker 2: You need to get the electric.
Speaker 5: The people from Electric owned circus right, so they will. Many of us dish out a wristband and when you exit Electric and then you're.
Speaker 1: Like, well I got the wristband.
Speaker 2: It might not surprise you, but I've started this movie before.
Speaker 6: I knew you were going to get along clean.
Speaker 1: I just knew it.
Speaker 2: We should do it. Not in the Town.
Speaker 3: A fourteen hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 8: I haven't had one for a while.
Speaker 1: Not you you're leaving us.
Speaker 2: We can do one before I leave.
Speaker 1: You can come for half the night.
Speaker 3: We'll start.
Speaker 1: And half the night will be like you know, Teddy.
Speaker 8: Teddy is now working at my my yeah.
Speaker 1: Crazy shipping container out the back.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I was never invited.
Speaker 2: Into the spin tunes out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great. It's purely for stock take anyway, we are waiting on one. Lauren Phillips did see brod in the world at the park on the weekend. Medi's missus. She was lovely and I met mum.
Speaker 3: It was a strange.
Speaker 8: I was your favorite?
Speaker 3: Who was? Who was your favorite?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 8: The Metal three three? I actively enjoyed Jason meeting any of those.
Speaker 3: People in my life. He's an unfortunate running His.
Speaker 1: Mum came out strong. I was like, okay, she was lovely. Sister was nice. So's the wife.
Speaker 3: M If you had a preference, probably mum mum.
Speaker 2: Good to know.
Speaker 4: Anyway, How was the Irish dancing?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, do we have a clip?
Speaker 3: You're pretty coordinated.
Speaker 1: Hey, were you watching the right channel?
Speaker 2: Are you watching Sunrise? They did a segment to Matt Doran.
Speaker 1: Was very were you watching? Am I munted? Or is he just terrible?
Speaker 6: Could have gone either way at that point.
Speaker 5: As I said to Jason at the start of the day, you cannot be half pregnant doing something like that because you look even worse.
Speaker 2: So you just got to commit. Yeah, You've got to go for it, which is what I did.
Speaker 1: That was oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Was that one of the lowest points on weekends? There's been what was the absolute?
Speaker 1: There's been some what are we cooking this week?
Speaker 2: I venturing into the Today Show Kitchen.
Speaker 6: Can you cook?
Speaker 1: Bringing the big guns?
Speaker 5: They do Nagie Mahashi, you had a nag that's a great book to get her on this.
Speaker 2: We need to get her on the show.
Speaker 1: Very popular mate. She has taken off I heard her on carry and told me the other.
Speaker 3: Week, really Marin saying that she's not actually a chef, she's just a very good home cook.
Speaker 2: She's she's Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what when people do a ship meal and they say it's rustic, that word just covers it. It's rustic cooking, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, I actually reckon it's like it's a bit of a flex to be able to cook.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, can you cook?
Speaker 8: Oh god?
Speaker 1: No? Really okay, So what holidays do you come with?
Speaker 6: Excuse me?
Speaker 4: I have a couple of you know, signature dishes. If I'm having some people over for dinner, that's your go to. But it's very basic stuff, right, like you know, like a teriarchy chicken tom.
Speaker 6: Yeah that I get from.
Speaker 1: Down the road. No. Yeah, anyway, you still haven't actually set the dish that you cook.
Speaker 4: Karaokey chicken and rice, some broccoli, some snow peas, maybe some green caps can just to sort of give it some color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go nay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm doing a makeup.
Speaker 3: Actually make a beautiful mushroom.
Speaker 1: Rosotto taught me how to make.
Speaker 2: Patience, doesn't it? It does? It's nice with a glass of wine.
Speaker 1: That's what you said it was a bottle of wine. Job.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, you go a slip for the bristo and a slip view. Basically, it's one for one.
Speaker 1: You have taste any Lasagni is very sorry. Lasagne is way too long. It's a whole process. What do you mean it's a lot of work, Lasagna.
Speaker 2: No, I think you're kidding yourself. Here she is, here, she is.
Speaker 8: I was gonna ask what everyone's thoughts are on the new podcast.
Speaker 3: It's not really that new.
Speaker 2: The only new thing I'm doing is.
Speaker 8: Just raw Dog in the start of it, So there's no it just goes you saying.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to the old one. Start.
Speaker 8: It had a little jingle thing on the front of it.
Speaker 1: Now let's go.
Speaker 2: I like raw Dog in it?
Speaker 1: Do you You're trying to get an isolated grab And I'm like.
Speaker 8: No, No, I think I think it's better because it because it hits you, yeah, straight away. There's normally an ad anyway, and it's just you starting straight straight.
Speaker 3: You're about to shoot your scenes now, so you continue the pod without us wall depart because you need to get some shots, all right, just keep tilling.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, don't they meet to Laurence actually.
Speaker 4: Here as in all of us.
Speaker 3: Okay, skirt back, just keep it rolling them on.
Speaker 4: I forgot that I'm actually behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: And b ts change the screens.
Speaker 1: Do you want me would what do you want to change screens to do?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: In the talking we just want to have Jason Lauren on there. Okay, so we needed to do that little place. Good, thank you, that's good.
Speaker 2: What do you do on the weekend?
Speaker 6: I went to an eighteenth birthday.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, very old, very old. What are you doing there? I was a family friend.
Speaker 7: But they did have margarita frozen margaritas on tap, which was lovely.
Speaker 1: The eighteen year old had two of them and then been on the ground certainly okay, pausing podcasts while change screens. All right, and we are back. We're that sorry? Part two of the podcast at fixed studio screens.
Speaker 6: Yes, now you're you've got an acting role on camera today?
Speaker 1: Now do you want to get to do the buy for now?
Speaker 2: No, that's a host? Are you hosting?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: No, we're doing post So you nervous, excited all the above?
Speaker 6: Can we circle back to this morning when I said we were going to do paddle paddle tennis and you thought it was tennis standing on a paddle cold.
Speaker 1: I just, you know what, I'm glad we're just not doing anything too, Like I didn't want to be sweating and yeah, and changing clothes that's sweaty easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And also I just didn't want like you know, when you're like, Okayn, put these suits on, we're climbing the bridge, you know, like, I just didn't want to costume.
Speaker 6: One wants to be on television in a harness exactly. I remember when I.
Speaker 2: Was on up Suit, when I was on Get Me Started on that again.
Speaker 6: One of the not negotiables for the weather, because the weather person gets sent out to all the kookie stuff. I was like, I'll do most things, but don't ever contemplate putting me in a harness like a you know, the HANDI harness.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, not doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it makes the region look a little, It makes.
Speaker 6: The nether edge look like you're in a nappy.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeahpy No one looks good in harness, So.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 1: So I'm wearing a harness at a cafe today.
Speaker 6: No, we're doing We're going axe throwing.
Speaker 1: Right, tell me about the cafe? Do we try the.
Speaker 6: Food the cafe. I'm not Yeah, yeah, yeah, we can eat.
Speaker 2: Are you going cafe as well?
Speaker 6: We're doing cafe. We're doing brumanity, which is a wrong.
Speaker 2: We have three brewer, three stops.
Speaker 6: You're always three?
Speaker 2: And what are you wearing?
Speaker 1: That sounds like a lot?
Speaker 6: Always three?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right?
Speaker 2: Made it's Postcason.
Speaker 1: Is there a lot of downtime like the Melbourne and everything?
Speaker 6: Right now?
Speaker 5: It's all prepped when you get there, right right. It's actually a little bit commute, a bit cold.
Speaker 6: No, we'll make sure it's top three, big boy, because.
Speaker 1: I can be quite fussy with a menu. It's more what they're showcasing, not what we like.
Speaker 6: We can choose.
Speaker 2: We can lots of mayonnaise, generally.
Speaker 6: We say, they say to the restaurant or the cafe owner, serve whatever looks the best.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna work for me, lobster looks.
Speaker 6: But I'm not actually sure. What cafe would you like me to keep chatting?
Speaker 1: Is that Met Cafe? Are we doing the Met Cafe?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 6: Actually it's more a coffee place. You right here, we go.
Speaker 2: If I can do it, anyone can do it, Jason.
Speaker 1: And do I have to do that voice? Like, yeah, Lauren, South Melbourne Espresso bustling this time.
Speaker 2: Just jump on a tram and.
Speaker 6: Let me to drive from Melbourne cy Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's sort of man Espresso, the axe throwing place, and the brewery. I said brewery.
Speaker 1: Hard is the idea like hay Laws, these are my haunts.
Speaker 6: No, it's hey. I haven't actually read the script, but I imagine it's something like, oh, you know, we've just started it, Nova, let's check out what's in the area.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. If we're having a bad show, we go extra.
Speaker 6: I did think that we could do some of your favorite horns, but then I was like, we'll just end up at Hampton Bolls.
Speaker 2: Do you read reading scripts?
Speaker 6: Do you sit on that never read them? I turn up and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just freestyle.
Speaker 6: I mean Maggie is probably who's written the script.
Speaker 5: She sent me my script like a week before, right, and she a script?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she says, Hi, I'm Jace Hawkins and welcome to Postcards.
Speaker 2: To get Can you get Jason to do it? Coming up? Coming up after the break.
Speaker 1: Coming up after the break? It's by now? Can I just can I just film a by for now?
Speaker 6: You can film a byThe now for the goof Okay, if you got to pick where three places to go? Where would you take us?
Speaker 1: Do they film us a driving in our Mercedes to get a credit away or anything.
Speaker 6: It used to be sponsored by Mercedes and they'd be like driving shots. We forgot to get driving shots in. You go get in the carr and drive around a couple of times. There's no car sponsorship anymore.
Speaker 1: So we just get the tram.
Speaker 5: It's a good question, big boy arriving in the Yeah, yeah, in a camera black.
Speaker 1: So with the script? Can we just get back to the script.
Speaker 6: I've got it here? Would you like to see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, I just like, don't I just say what I feel?
Speaker 6: There's not Well, we'll definitely win.
Speaker 1: You've got to hit some you know. Is the cafe paying to come on?
Speaker 6: I'm not letting industry secrets out on the podcast.
Speaker 1: Okay, wink wink, nudge nudge, she doesn't notice.
Speaker 2: Just friends of the show.
Speaker 6: We like going to places to support local.
Speaker 5: Businesses, showcasing the best of Melbourne and in this case the best of South Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Awesome Melbourne clean markets should have went the markets We've.
Speaker 6: Done Melburn markets. So many are you the be going to.
Speaker 1: I can't eat on camera, sauce camera.
Speaker 8: What are you wearing?
Speaker 6: How much thoughts gone into your outfit? To your fast he's wearing?
Speaker 2: What is in?
Speaker 1: I got a pair of jeans and a couple of collared shirts in.
Speaker 6: The car, A couple of case you sweat through one.
Speaker 1: Well, I got two one because I know you'll give me a ship.
Speaker 5: So you know you need a block color as opposed to you because otherwise it all it'll flare television.
Speaker 6: So I bought you don't want a stroke?
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm thinking about wearing a shirt over a shirt, like a T shirt with a chambre. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's not it's it's.
Speaker 6: Well, you're not wearing your silk suit.
Speaker 1: It's a silk shirt I bought in ballet.
Speaker 6: It's not silk, then it's definitely it's.
Speaker 2: A light material like a bowling shirt.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it's got like little feathers on it.
Speaker 6: Is it a long sleeved or short sleeve? And you're gonna wear that with a shirt under it? You're gonna be hot today. That's what a T shirt with a shirt the top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's a light shirt.
Speaker 6: Like a Hawaiian shirt. That's what I'm envisioning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think jeans.
Speaker 6: Or do you think he's going to look like weekend at Bernie's.
Speaker 1: That's what it looks like weekend Bernie. So worst case, I've got a back up.
Speaker 6: What's the backup?
Speaker 1: So long as it's a summer suit, it's no, no, no, because it'll strobe it's going to wear a summer suit. Yeah, yeah, okay. The only college shirt I had at home was a short sleeve, collared green.
Speaker 6: I don't know how I feel about short sleeved collar shirts.
Speaker 1: I only think they're okay with me that.
Speaker 6: You look like you work Tandy when you were a short sleeved collar shirt.
Speaker 2: The biro in the pocket.
Speaker 1: I've got like a collar shirt. But that's too formal.
Speaker 2: How when are we airing this?
Speaker 1: Don't you think four weeks?
Speaker 6: Four weeks?
Speaker 2: Four weeks?
Speaker 1: You're lifting your arms for the axe, sweat pitches.
Speaker 6: We'll get them to film from behind because that's where the action happens.
Speaker 1: Can I get that grab a first film for behind? That's just get that isolated grap I'm going to get them to film from behind because that's where the action happened.
Speaker 6: Then you see the technique and you see it hit the target. This is going from You've got a six ten tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Can I get the isolated grab of what Lauren was just talking about, then please trust me scutterer or not?
Speaker 6: No the ax throwing technique.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Channel nine, I need to toddle.
Speaker 6: Off Empire today at the val we're all.
Speaker 2: Working for Channel nine today.
Speaker 1: You're going to UH for the announcement.
Speaker 2: No teachers there the af L announcement this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah good, thanks bro.
Speaker 6: Okay, postcards. Filming has finished on the podcast. Everyone else is welcome back. Inside done, but I think they've all just.
Speaker 1: We're going to wrap up. We're going to do this thing today.
Speaker 6: Heye, Clint so t Lauren is the big dog in there, right, Did he go on the boat?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, they're flying down on.
Speaker 6: A special Virgin flight with assume. So they just TJ flight business at the point the end on.
Speaker 2: No one in Channel nine fives business anymore.
Speaker 6: Carl, Carl would be business. If you're not putting Carl Stefanovic in economy or economy Carl and Sarah economy, I'm calling bullshit.
Speaker 2: Unless they upgrade themselves.
Speaker 1: They'd want to be they'd want to be seen as men and women of the people.
Speaker 6: No, they don't. It's Carl and Sarah.
Speaker 2: They're special.
Speaker 1: If we're going on an international flight and work only pays for economy, no, will you make a standard sit with me down the back?
Speaker 6: No way. I think I put in my contract, but that can't happen.
Speaker 1: Lucky, we've got buckleys chance of going over.
Speaker 6: All right, guys, sit in economy with you.
Speaker 2: Jason.
Speaker 6: We flew together and having about being an economy anyway, and then we had the row without the windows.
Speaker 1: That's light went on for fucking hours.
Speaker 6: Where were we?
Speaker 1: And then I was running out of power on my phone ship to get up against power. It was quite an ordeal.
Speaker 6: What a time, Semori