Speaker 1: Welcome to the podcast, Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 2: Look, and I can't stress this enough that when the working day is done, girls just want to have a good time.
Speaker 1: Girls is players too, of course, come.
Speaker 3: On, I knew I get those lyrics from Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, big show coming up. Judge Jody back in town, sorted out a dispute between a mother in law and her daughter in law. No big deal, just changing lives make things better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after your little midweek session on the you know what at the Snoop Dog concert?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, there was a weird a roama in the air. I couldn't quite bin pointed.
Speaker 3: Really secondhand blazed it up.
Speaker 2: Didn't you.
Speaker 3: Smell? My gosh? I have had a Snoop dogg concert.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Your daughter's just taken to calling you something other than daddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm looking for daddy. Dad's fine as well. She came up with this. It's really aggressive with it as well.
Speaker 1: It's a real high pitched aggressive I hate just Daddy's fine. We play a little round of ask us anything, which is your opportunity to ask us whatever questions you like, And we came up with some porn star names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really good fun.
Speaker 2: And also Jody storry, it gets better and better every week. I reckon this week was an emotional rollercoaster in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know how I can take a negative spin on anything. When you said it's getting better every week, I think, oh, so he thought he thought it was shit.
Speaker 3: It first week was always what are you trying to say?
Speaker 1: Oh God, say ninety nine lovely things to me, and that one negative comment stick in my brain.
Speaker 3: You know it is.
Speaker 2: It's the beautiful wall of the most beautiful white paint that you've ever seen. It could go for miles and miles, but there's a little black spot in.
Speaker 3: The corner, Oh honey, And what do you see?
Speaker 1: Just dirt everywhere?
Speaker 2: Jody and Hazy, Welcome to the podcast. Thank you for having us.
Speaker 1: You know, I like to jot things down during the week, just to diarize. It's very cathartic. It's very healing for me, therapeutic view, isn't it? A lot of things go on in this room that I need to speak about.
Speaker 3: Why are you stabbing me with your eyes?
Speaker 1: Do you want to have a listen?
Speaker 3: All right? Then go on there, go on?
Speaker 1: Then, dear Diary, it's been a rollercoaster this week, and it turns out I've been writing it without a bra on. My little niece, who's only about six, dropped truth bomb at the fringe the other day in front of several hundred fringe goalers and just loudly pronounced, Auntie, Jody, you're not wearing a bra and I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Everyone thought, well, that's interesting information to know, isn't it.
Speaker 1: But at least I don't go around blowing kisses to randoms at the gym.
Speaker 3: And I was in an absolute different world. I've accidentally been saying goodbye.
Speaker 2: To him, kissed my hand and then waved to him, and I didn't realize i'd done it until if therefore, but I picked up something wasn't quite.
Speaker 3: White when he gave me this really strange look, and I thought, I was why did I do that? And I know why I did, because that's why I do my kids when I leave.
Speaker 2: When I'm walking out the door, I just kissed my hand and wave like that, campie.
Speaker 1: And not only did my good friend Andrew try to proposition a bloke, he also tried to say he's got no interest in naked women.
Speaker 2: So Ashley is an adult entertainer. So she's a stripper at the Palace in Adelaide. And look, I'm gonna be honest with you, Joe's I don't. I haven't met too many strips. But also this is this is a new different space sort.
Speaker 1: Of buzzer sound effects like incorrect this Diri This week Abbey in the newsroom and I got emotionally naked as we penned letters to our thirteen year old selves for International Women's Day. And my goodness, I couldn't be prouder of.
Speaker 4: Her bravery To dear thirteen year old Abbey, strap yourself in, little miss, It's going to be a hell of a bumpy ride.
Speaker 1: In a few years time.
Speaker 4: You'll meet a boy who'll be the first person in the world you love more than just a friend.
Speaker 1: Creating crying already, he'll make you cry with laughter.
Speaker 4: He'll be fun and silly and make you think about the world in a different way. But he'll decide that this world isn't where he wants to stay, and you'll spend the next twenty years asking yourself what could you have done to make him stay? You'll be really angry, and the pain will make it hard to open yourself up to love in the future. But please promise me don't ever close yourself off. You like to be hard on yourself, extremely hard, and we have so much hard work to change this.
Speaker 5: And I want you to start now.
Speaker 1: You will learn what you think is what you attract.
Speaker 4: And when you figure this out, my darling, oh my goodness, you're a scary force to be reckoned with. And decide much sooner in life to love yourself. It'll make things so much easier. Love your thirty three year old self.
Speaker 1: Okay, dear thirteen year old Jodie, stop telling yourself you aren't enough. I mean, really stop it, because you actually are. You have good intentions and a lot of empathy and a nice heart, and that's a good thing, so I don't apologize for it. You're going to feel like a total impostor in your career, and just know you aren't alone in feeling like a woman who's a total fraud in the workplace. You're going to spend your days telling yourself you aren't thin enough, you're not pretty enough.
Speaker 3: Jokes.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have four of the most beautiful girls you can ever imagine, Hug them and love them hard because you will never do anything more with whole in your life. Then raise those beautiful little blonde babies. So finally, young jobes, you just need to know that you're going to be okay and being a woman is a gift and it'll be surrounded by other incredible women, so embrace them. Make it your mission to bring light into every room you walk in. Definitely, all right, let's lighten the mood with a bit of snoop dully dull up. Everyone's going to snoop Dogg?
Speaker 3: Aren't they going to snoop dogg?
Speaker 4: Snoops?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 3: You're just going to put a big stick up there?
Speaker 1: What do you mean stick up? Where my oldest sister is going to snoop Dogg? By the way, San, people are going thank you very much?
Speaker 3: What about so who organizes imagine compete with that cheer and diary.
Speaker 1: By the end of the week, I was feeling a little bit deflated about the fact that my husband is trying to kill me. So this all started a little while ago when I got a note Fortion saying that he'd updated my life insurance co And I would have thought all my money would go equally to my children, not so he updated it so it was like fifty percent him and then whatever was left over was divided children. I really did trust him until when I was driving my car the brakes didn't work. He's like, oh, what's going on. Take it to a mechanic, and the mechanic said, there is an actual slice in the break hose. And the mechanic looks me, and I'm not joking. He goes, there's someone who doesn't like you.
Speaker 2: Strike.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my family's a little bit dysfunctional, but at least like an adult.
Speaker 2: See what I have paid a dollar every time my wife said I have three children, I go, no, you've got two.
Speaker 3: S Ah, you're talking about me as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So to Snoop Doggie Dog. My girl abs in the newsroom and all the braless women go off. Queens have a wonderful weekend. All my love Jody, very.
Speaker 3: Nice, good stuff. Another excell tion OF's dark had.
Speaker 1: A bit of everything, didn't it. And I love how I seamlessly segued from Abby's very heartfelt letter in the Snoop Doggy Dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay we're to from here.
Speaker 2: Let's talk Snoop dogg seems like your stock standard scene was transition right.
Speaker 3: The guest speaking story this town has several scenes, is huge, juicy.
Speaker 1: The news we all wanted to hear this morning. Jimmy Barnes's back of the swing after his recent surgery, launching his rumored rockabilly global supergroup. You heard that right, that.
Speaker 3: Got your standard stand you expect from Jimmy.
Speaker 6: You know what, the.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Barnes and the mall rats. What did my brain going that direction? That's not it?
Speaker 2: The barn Stormers, barn Stormers right, what about Jimmy's vocals, the vocal cords going, well, this is.
Speaker 3: A refreshing change. We're not getting beaten to a bolp.
Speaker 1: So he's just had hip replacement surgery and it forced him off the road in December, but he's back with the barn Stormers and we love it. Good on you, Jimmy, good stuff, good South Australian boy. Prince Harry and Megan Mark Will have declared it is Archie and Lily Bett's birthright to use their Prince and Princess titles. Might we were talking about this yesterday, so in a new statement defending the decision to use the children's royal titles, the Sussexes said the matter had been settled for some time with King Charles, who obviously must approve good stuff. I feel like, if you're not an active royal, if you're not giving back to the community like Diana did, like you know, the queen did for seven hundred years, then can you call yourself a prince and a princess?
Speaker 3: Doesn't feel right, does it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: For example, I mean doctor Dre sort of doctor even is he is he certified doctor?
Speaker 3: Is he taking appointments?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Does he have the certificate?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: I genuinely don't think he's treating your ear infection doctor Dre.
Speaker 3: No, he's not. And Doctor Dre, I've got a severe case of gout. Can you come see it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, the solution isn't some new what beats by Dre headphones? Does he fixed my gout at all?
Speaker 1: I know? Cole Sprouse has done an interview. Now, Cole Sprouse was on Riverdal and dated his co host Lily. They were Jugead Jones and Betty on the show. You might recall. Now the interview starts with Cole asking if he can smoke inside, and then the interviewer agrees, so He spends the rest of the interview just spilling his feelings while dragging on a cigarette, and he candidly chatted about his split from his co host Lily Have a Listen. Do you think it lasted longer because you were working together?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, I mean there was a lot of pressure towards other people. Really.
Speaker 6: I think if I had loved myself a little more, I probably would have laughed a little earlier. But I just felt like I had to take care of a lot of people around me, which was not good for me. I probably should have exercised a bit more selfishness. But also, in very many ways, all the cliches about dating someone you work with are very true.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about col Sprass, but it just sort of feels like cold could be someone who consumes a lot of his own bath water.
Speaker 3: Am I right for picking up those bombs?
Speaker 1: I think so, I think you might. And then he just gives it a big.
Speaker 3: What is the eighties.
Speaker 6: On?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 1: Who smokes inside anymore?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 1: Go outside into one of those little cages in the pubs like everyone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly where people and sit there and go, oh, look, it's a smoker.
Speaker 1: It's almost like they're on display, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Back in the day first started going out when you're eighteen, and I'd come home and Mum would give me a hug and she has, Oh, I know you've been smoking. Okay, so let's just deal with this and go No, Mom, I don't smoke. But that's what the time was. You go out and you get covered in cigarettes.
Speaker 1: Disgusting. Wasn't it really added to the hangover, didn't it?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: And big news on Nobay yesterday Kate, Tim and Joel has morphed into Ricky Lee. Tim and Joel have a listen to the announcement Ricky Lady, Jim and Joel.
Speaker 2: It's the game excuses charge.
Speaker 3: A bit of Anthony Keys in there as well of spice.
Speaker 1: And I think the sentiment yesterday and I echo it is I loved Kate. I love Kate Richie, and she's making an announcement about her future this morning. But also, if there's anyone fit to replace Kate Richie, it is Ricky Lee.
Speaker 3: We love her.
Speaker 2: Also, feedback has been fantastic. We've spoken to a couple of times already and she is beautiful, wonderful. And then what I like as well is it? Sometimes he'll just bust into song.
Speaker 3: And you go, oh, that's right. She's actually one of the best singers on the plane.
Speaker 1: She's actually got an amazing voice, and she's a performer. You forget about that because she's so good on radio.
Speaker 3: Very good stuff.
Speaker 2: Book for holiday you this summer, because he's at a little different on holiday, more daring, relaxing, sometimes be more fancy.
Speaker 1: And what if has all kinds of accommodation to suit your style?
Speaker 3: Booking to get away on the what if? What if it's Ozzie for travel? What do your kids call you at home? Mum, mum?
Speaker 1: Until I don't want them to anymore.
Speaker 3: So if I've heard, well, would you know what to be called mum?
Speaker 1: That's if you've heard it seventy eight times in a row, mom, mom, mum. So I get to the point with mine and I'll just go, I'm not mum anymore. And that's when they know to call me Jody.
Speaker 3: So they'll call you. How al are your kids again? Take us through the twenty two years old. That's fine, she can call you Jody whatever she mum.
Speaker 1: And she does. And then we've got eleven, nine and.
Speaker 2: Three okay, and they called him Jody threshold, Jody nappy, change it.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So right now my daughter is too, and it's this beautiful little age where she's starting to construct sentences and all sorts of things.
Speaker 1: Isn't it fascinating They learned something like sixty new words a day when they're that age. Is that right? It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It's really really nice. So for a long time she goes to elc and there's a young girl there called Charity. So Lotti is convinced that her name is Charity. We're like, no, it's Lotty, and she says, no, it's Charity. And also she's going through this phase where she calls mom, mum, and me something else and we got her last.
Speaker 3: Night name.
Speaker 6: Name.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure about the formalities of my waughter call it my two year old daughter calling me hazy.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because there's not many people that call you Andrew, I only use the word Andrew when you annoy me. Everyone calls you hazy.
Speaker 3: Right, that's exactly the context of using the word Andrew.
Speaker 2: My parents included i've done something wrong, they'll call me Andrew, obviously, but my wife can't calls me hazy as well?
Speaker 1: Does she?
Speaker 3: And now my daughter? So is this acceptable?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can you play that again? That's the cutest little thing I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: Gommy's name his name, she said with such passionate So she can call me hazy. Yeah, do you know that? I draw the line at horse.
Speaker 6: You got the time machine.
Speaker 7: On this daisy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome Friday, Get it weekends upon us, Get it queens.
Speaker 2: Let's get a queen's go off. Let's take a little trip in the meantime as well down memory Lane.
Speaker 3: Friday. It's the tenth of March. Let's start.
Speaker 2: In nineteen seventy one, Timberland was born in Virginia. Today's his fifty second birthday. Probably name Timothy Mosely.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I like Timberland. Hello Timberland speaking.
Speaker 3: It's Timberland. Here, can I help you? I'm looking for Timothy Moseley.
Speaker 1: Actually, oh, he's not it.
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifty eight, Adelade's first parking meters began operating in Rundle and Heimley Streets.
Speaker 3: And haven't the.
Speaker 1: Park a great invention?
Speaker 3: And haven't the guys that run that just become rock stars? Ever since?
Speaker 1: I actually feel sorry for parking inspectors.
Speaker 2: So do I because it's a job and they're just doing the job. And you never get a parking ticket for doing the right.
Speaker 3: Thing, do you.
Speaker 1: No? And also no one ever comes up to you and goes, thank you so much for doing that. I really appreciate that fifty eight dollar fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that time that we were trying to doorstop Ryan Burton for the whole day, Yes, and he didn't turn up to Calvary Hospital to get a scammed And I went and got my car at quarter past three and it turned out that I had a three hundred and fifty eight dollars.
Speaker 3: Fine because I was in a bus zone.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I cried.
Speaker 1: I think I cried, And you didn't get the Ryan burn.
Speaker 4: No, Burt.
Speaker 3: I looked towards the heaven and said, what am I doing? What's going on here?
Speaker 2: Ninety ninety seven Buffy the Vampire Slayer created by Josh Weed and then starting Sarah Michelle Galla, premiers on Wbtelor's network.
Speaker 3: You're not seeing the big picture here. I mean that gym was full of vamp Sarah Michelle back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I was settled down.
Speaker 3: I mean, is it hot in here? Oh my god? Oh boy, because she looked gorgeous. In the words of Tony Greg calm down, Dirty Bird.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one, video gaming platform Roadblocks goes public on the New York Stock Exchange, valued at forty five billion dollars.
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the time that my sister in law was sitting at the pub at the paort Elliot Pub and looked at her phone and said, oh my god, my daughter has spent four hundred dollars on Roadblocks right before Christmas. Four hundred dollars. Really, yeah, can you.
Speaker 3: Get that back?
Speaker 1: Yeah she did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, that's cool. Well done roade box people, Yeah, well done.
Speaker 1: I mean it was an initial show from her, though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like there's a lot of dodgy transactions going on via infants. That one song on March ten and twenty fifteen was four or five seconds by Rhianna. Paul McCartney was on that song, and I love how so many people post that were like, this guy's.
Speaker 3: Good a future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's good. His nee, he's not bad.
Speaker 2: This dude, yeah got a pretty solid pass too. He Oh, she's back, ready to attack the weekends.
Speaker 1: Back in the courtroom where she belongs. Dear Judge, Jody, I met my girlfriend a year ago and I've justsed she said, yes, this is a happy letter so far. My family live into state, and we're so excited that they flew us over to meet them. Everyone liked her. We had a great week, except that her and my mum really don't get along at all.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh boy. Indeed that's a tough one.
Speaker 1: I respect my mum and her opinions so much it's hard not to have doubts. But at the same time, I'm really disappointed that she didn't make more of an effort to get along with my girlfriend, especially when the rest of the family liked her. My girlfriend has also said she's now uncomfortable visiting and doesn't want to go back anytime soon. Should I be worried, Jodi? Or do I just accept that they won't get along? Anonymous from Plympton A couple of red flags here, A.
Speaker 3: Couple of red flags. Very interesting anonymous joke for Fry.
Speaker 2: It feels like a bit of a red flag. But then I mean, it's got to go both ways. The mom needs to be accommodating. Yeah, there has to be an initial welcoming stage where you it shouldn't the girlfriend of someone coming into a family, in my opinion, shouldn't be on display and they shouldn't have to instantly prove themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you'll find that out pretty soon.
Speaker 1: The thing that worries me about this, this is the first week that they've spent together.
Speaker 3: It should be this should be the honeymoon period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So how is it that they've instantly gone, Oh, I don't really I don't take to her and she doesn't take to me. Like that's that's very worrying. Very early on. It's almost like one of them has made a snap judgment very quickly about how they feel.
Speaker 3: Did you instantly get along with Greg's parents?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I love his family, I really do.
Speaker 3: Is it both ways?
Speaker 1: I don't know who's to say? Is to be in the newsroom? What are your thoughts on this one?
Speaker 4: I feel like the son needs to have a chat with mum, Like if the rest of the family liked her, then what's mum's problem?
Speaker 1: But he probably needs to have a chat with her about it.
Speaker 4: But my ex boyfriend up in cans his mother told me that I was high maintenance after I said to her that he needs some mental health health help. Because of being in the army or that sorry, the navy. Yeah. She was like, well, Abbe, you are quite high maintenance, and I was like, this is never gonna work because now I really don't like you.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we ended up splitting up.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I feel like there needs to be a conversation of mum, what's what's the real reason behind why you don't like her?
Speaker 3: Isn't that crazy?
Speaker 2: Abs as well, because you're you're very quote yeah and you're quote on your Instagram by was if you can't handle me at my worst, and you should, he.
Speaker 3: Don't deserve me my best.
Speaker 1: Just picturing you said this week that you've got resting bitch face. I'm picturing how much of that the mother in law.
Speaker 3: Was that explained to her.
Speaker 1: This chick thinks she's cool, she's on radio. Get her out. That's awful. Thirteen twenty four ten. We need some jurors here, and also we've got some exclusive invites to Novah's Red Room for next week for international du joe topic.
Speaker 2: All right, thirteen twenty fourteen, give us a call. Judge thirty has returned. It's a real doozy for a Friday.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I love my mother in law. I can't rest that enough. She looks after my children a.
Speaker 3: Lot way winking at me.
Speaker 1: It was a tricky one this morning. So basically, a guy has just proposed to his girlfriend. They flew into state to meet the family, and then the mother and the girlfriend instantly decided that they didn't like each other. So now the boyfriend or the fiance is like, well, what do I do? Is this a red flag? Do I call it quits on this relationship?
Speaker 3: That's tough, isn't it.
Speaker 1: In a situation where I've had a partner who's I had an argument with with with his mum.
Speaker 3: Really was it? I'm going to give you some context for a couple of drinks.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, she it was a real overstep from her. It was sort of her wading into the relationship when she really shouldn't have.
Speaker 3: You stood up yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know she was lovely, but it's very difficult to come back with. Like Abby in the newsroom was saying, if someone says you're high maintenance, you're not coming back from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's hard not to really storm out of there and creative we've ever seene're clicking your fingers, Ah.
Speaker 1: Okay, I am a woman. I have never had an argument with someone and walked away clicking my fingers go screaming. This has never happened, and if it ever does happen, then you feel free to slap me hard in the face.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, thank you permission.
Speaker 1: Ah okay thirteen twenty four ten. We need some jurors on this one. Let's go to Christy from Old Ronella. Hey, Christy, Hi, can I hell? Are we good? What needs to happen here?
Speaker 9: Are the man needs to stand his ground one hundred percent. I love love my mother in law. We have a very close relationship. But two weeks before our wedding, debates happened and things got into play and I got called a gold digger. Ooh, and my husband we've been together seven years, married, next two years, next Monday, and he stood my ground, and he stood his ground and said, Mum, you can't do that. If you love your partner a love and you want to be with her, you'll tell your mother where the line is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's it's such a good point because not only does define the relationship between between you and your mother in law, but you get a good idea of your your potential future partner as well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm listening to everything you're saying, Christie, but in my head, I'm thinking, how quickly can Hazy get up? And seeing she years a gold nigger, how quickly can you do that for me?
Speaker 9: No one wants a mummy's boy.
Speaker 1: No, No, that's very too true. Thank you, Christie, thank you. It's going to mark him from Graine. But hey, Morgan, what are your thoughts on this one?
Speaker 4: I think mummy's sad that she's losing her baby, so she doesn't want anyone else to have you.
Speaker 1: It's a funny old relationship, isn't it Between a mum and a son. It's very very tight. And they do say that there's a lot of mothers who feel a lot of jealousy when their partners find someone else, don't they It's different from.
Speaker 3: Mother and daughter.
Speaker 9: I think mother and son they just have something different and they don't want anyone.
Speaker 3: Else to have him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, the other way I can compare that is I know that's going to be similar to me my daughter right locker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, thank you, Morgan. Let's go to Jackie from rich Haven. Hey Jackie, Hi, how are you good. Thank you. What's going on in this situation? What are your thoughts?
Speaker 8: Look, I feel if he has his missus back, it will last. Should he not stand up to his mother and just say, look, I'm in love with this person, you know, like, where's the compromisation here from his mother? So you know, look, at the end of the day, as a mom myself, if your son is in your love and he's happy and he's been true, that's right. Well that's all you can ask as a parent.
Speaker 1: Very true.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Yeah, thank you, that's okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Everyone who's jumped on air is off to Nova's Red room to see DJ Topic next week.
Speaker 3: She's some good calls coming through this morning. Very wise and insightful.
Speaker 1: I feel. And this is do you want my ruling?
Speaker 3: Do you want to all let's just sit on it for a second.
Speaker 1: Okay, just take a breath, Jo to.
Speaker 2: Take a bit different breath. But spend a big week for you. The judge had snoop dogg on Wednesday night.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to retire to my chambers.
Speaker 2: And as we know, on Wednesday night, the air wasn't as pure and clean as it should have been.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, sig start if you do.
Speaker 2: If you're not jumping in for a quick cause, well, don't forget some tickets. And when I say tickets, I main exclusive invites to see topic via Nova's Red Room to give away. I would send us a textough for double O number nine, number nine Jodi Naty.
Speaker 1: Just have a situation this morning where a guy's girlfriend has just met his mum and they didn't get along.
Speaker 3: He's proposed.
Speaker 1: Now he's thinking, well, is these massive red flags that I should be worried about? Because obviously mums think they know what's best for their little boys, don't they.
Speaker 2: Absolutely they do. It's a very very unique relationship between a mother and a son.
Speaker 1: Yes, However, on this occasion, I do think I agree with the callers in the sense that the son needs to step up. He needs to have his partner's back and go to his mom and say, can you please just at least make an effort to get to know her and to get to like her, right, please just try and then go from there and see what happens. Wow, Okay, why do you look so stunned and astounded?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: You just so against mothers. That's your final ruling. But he's where I feel like it's a little bit true.
Speaker 1: Question my ruling.
Speaker 3: Very goodness to me, and now it's completely official.
Speaker 2: So what happens if you tell mom where to go effectively and then the relationship doesn't work, well, then.
Speaker 1: You can repair the relationship with your mum and just go Okay, mum, you were right on this occasion.
Speaker 3: Okay, that can always happen. That there's always a repaarable option with mum, do.
Speaker 1: You think, yes, yeah, yeah, mums will always have their doors open to their children no matter what happens. Okay, okay, so that can be fixed. However, I just think mum needs to give this woman a chance.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, very good. I'm tht if you ever questioned me.
Speaker 2: Thoughts on that and the ruling? Still get involved? Oh for double O nine nine is the text line. Some big news inside the Nova network, some very big breaking news.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you want me to make the announcement?
Speaker 3: Yes, please, you'll do it better than me, let's be honest. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, the big news this morning is that Kate Richie, our girl Kate is joining Fitzie and Whipper on Breakfast in Sydney. So Kate's going to be back.
Speaker 3: Very good stuff.
Speaker 1: Awesome.
Speaker 3: All right, let's hear the moments that it was announced over in Sydney this morning. I can't believe us. I've just picked up the sheet here and it doesn't say the Fitz WI Show. It says Fitz and Whipper with Kate Richie. Welcome to the show Monday. Can we do a proper show? So glad?
Speaker 1: It is so nice to be here and excited to be back in the studio making radio after eight years of doing it with Tim and Marty and then Joel. I learnt a great deal and now I'm here to teach you everything I know.
Speaker 10: This is awesome.
Speaker 3: Can you not bring any of the off air skills from the Drive show in here? Because they've got a different lifestyle to us. We get up very early in the morning, mate, so kick those habits. Hey, We've had a few brainstorming sessions Kate that we want to I don't know. We might throw a few things at you, deceive anything sticks, maybe some segma. Nine years you've got that wrap up of the.
Speaker 4: Way.
Speaker 2: There you go, Fitz Whipper with Kate Ritchie, which means, of course, which we learnt this morning.
Speaker 3: Wiki Lee is now officially part of the Drop Show.
Speaker 1: I'm incredibly jealous of Kate. I've always wondered with.
Speaker 3: Joy and ask us anything.
Speaker 10: Oh.
Speaker 2: I love his parts because the vulnerability is just off its head, isn't it?
Speaker 3: How you like putting yourself in uncomfortable situations? Don't where you can.
Speaker 2: Be really, really open and honest and answer extremely honestly in the situation.
Speaker 1: Breakfast at over nine one nine dot com dot are you if you'd like to get involved? Producer Sean joins us, Now, what did you got for us?
Speaker 3: Good morning?
Speaker 7: Well, firstly, can you tell me how's to call me a bumblebee this morning? Do I look like a bumblebee?
Speaker 3: Class? Does? Good news?
Speaker 5: Audience? You're going to get the truth today?
Speaker 3: Good stuff.
Speaker 7: Zeb from park Home has written in and going morning guys, Happy Friday.
Speaker 5: I just want to know what is your guilty pleasure song?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: I know it's Spice Girl, so we can just.
Speaker 1: That's yours.
Speaker 2: It would be easy for me to just say this, I mean that would be that would be lazy. It's a good tune, though, isn't it.
Speaker 3: I think it's hinder I'm not really sure going to say this. Five Flights Our city. How good. And of course when that's not in the mix, it's I mean, it's it's definitely got to be this.
Speaker 4: Fire.
Speaker 3: You don't hear enough Johnny cash on no, but do you show no, No, you don't.
Speaker 1: Also feel a little bit like it was like one guilty pleasure song and you've just reeled off about ten.
Speaker 5: You've got three songs already.
Speaker 1: He's got one.
Speaker 3: Flow right, actually doesn't.
Speaker 2: Joke.
Speaker 5: You know there's a dancing goes with this, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's proper dancemers it goes this is yeah, oh.
Speaker 5: Just Jody's dance. He goes low on the chair.
Speaker 3: Oh, there we go, So that h that chair has got a meeting with hr alright.
Speaker 7: My second question is from Amber from Modbury and she's gone hazy. I can't imagine or much of a romantic but I'm dying to know from the both of you. What's the most romantic thing you've ever done for your partner?
Speaker 3: Gat question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what romantic thing are you doing to your partner tomorrow on your anniversary? What romance are you bringing to the table?
Speaker 3: Please, I'm in a bit of a pickle.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: We've got a footy reunion tomorrow, and it's a proper big deal at Adelaide over one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 3: Five bucks a ticket. Yeah, so, and I completely forgot about the dates.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow's my wedding anniversary and it's my mother in law's sixtieth birthday.
Speaker 1: So Cara is going along with you to the footy reunion. Right, at least you'll have a nice dinner. She can get dressed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's going to a mum's sixty. It's controversial, but yeah, I'm in trouble. Yeah, I've written a song before. Okay, Yeah, it's an awful song thought that goes behind him?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Is that for Kara?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm in trouble. This is fun.
Speaker 1: I love this segment.
Speaker 2: So scared if I tried to write car or something right now, I just know how cringed out she'd be.
Speaker 5: From the heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she'd love.
Speaker 1: It was a romantic thing I did. I traveled a very long way to surprise someone who was working into state, and it wasn't overly well received, Like what are you doing here? Sounds good? Well, well, yep, we'll move.
Speaker 5: On from that.
Speaker 3: Move on swiftly there, mister Bumblebee.
Speaker 1: And let's go back to talking about his body.
Speaker 5: Read and kel from Bedford Park has gone.
Speaker 7: We all know you know your adult entertainment name is your first street and your first pet mashed together.
Speaker 5: So, Jody and Hazy, what is your adult entertainer name?
Speaker 1: Do you want to go first? I had to text my mum about this one because it wasn't quite sure.
Speaker 3: What the street the streets the streets of Hobart.
Speaker 1: So you finished, you too?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay. So the first street was Miller Street and the first pet was a three legged cat called Misty. So Misty Miller.
Speaker 3: I like it, Misty Miller. That actually works.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 7: I would google that, but I'm afraid I'm going to get done for hr. That is crazy, Misty Miller.
Speaker 2: This is unbelievable coincidence. You're not going to believe this. So our first pet wasn't it pet? It was a cattle doog, big brutal kelpie. His name was Horse, and we grew up on Mhorseman Lane, so mine was horse Mchorseman.
Speaker 5: You can't get over the horse, can you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Actually it's Tadpole row Allen.
Speaker 2: Yes, our dog's name was Tadpole Taddy, and we grew up on a farm and the property name was Roe Allen.
Speaker 3: That's nowhere nearest Sexy's Misty Miller?
Speaker 5: Is it not at all?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: How is Our next guest is playing at the Rhino Room as part of the Adelaide Fringe twenty twenty three. Please say a very warm welcome to Nick, Britain. Good morning you guys. How's it going? We were just having concert chat off their Yes, we of course had Edge Sheer in here. Sixty thousand people at the Adelaide Oval was incredible.
Speaker 3: It was electric, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Everyone was out for something.
Speaker 3: It was great.
Speaker 1: But can I say the first three songs? I was like, ooh, I'm done from three here, Like, I don't know any of those songs. And you were saying you went to the Chili Peppers. I did.
Speaker 10: I went to the Chili Peppers in Sydney at the I don't know if news got over here to Adelaide, but it was a bit of a ful because of a two hour concert. And I've got to say they were amazing.
Speaker 1: They brought a show.
Speaker 10: They were in their sixties and they still look very good.
Speaker 1: But of two hours on you five sons, Oh no, yeah, under the Bridge Downtown.
Speaker 10: No under the Bridge, No under the bridge, no scar tissue. What like the hits that they left off.
Speaker 1: Were it was extraordinary.
Speaker 3: Grow up Anthony, Anthony, grow up to John and Flee.
Speaker 1: Going show is so fun.
Speaker 10: I'm doing a split bill with beautiful Claire Hooper. Yeah at the Rhino Room. We're doing half an hour each and it is Oh man.
Speaker 1: I just love Adelaide audiences.
Speaker 10: I know everyone comes here and they're like, oh, we love you, buy tickets to our show. I feel no compulsion or obligation. I just genuinely think you guys are so up for a good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 10: You know, there's a lot of audiences who are not that I say anything that's politically incorrect or you know, offensive to anyone in particular. I mean it gets a bit filthy, but Adelaide is just up for it all. It's such a treat to perform here every time.
Speaker 1: I love that you get filthy because I always say to Hazy over here, you would have you. We would shop your pants off my girlfriends and I with what we talk about. I mean, you have no idea.
Speaker 10: You can't say that without shocking his pants off with consent. Everywhere else that's my point.
Speaker 1: Go on, you love taking your pants?
Speaker 2: Oh goodness, math I did see as well, just going through your little bye it says nominated for most Outstanding Show at the Melbourne Comedy Festival in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yes, so that's a big big deal.
Speaker 10: It is a big, big big deal and it's and I'm so grateful for it and it's lovely. It was that we couldn't have any international acts coming in and doing shows. So am I gonna say that the competition wasn't as high that year?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not. I'm going to lean into my success. That's a nothing detail for me.
Speaker 10: I think I'm the best committean in the country, in the world.
Speaker 2: We will completely take that because even if say, I don't know, you're competing against the athletes, and the top athletes are Russian, but the Russians aren't allowed to compete at the moment, they still awad a gold medal.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's very true, isn't it.
Speaker 1: And also I would say, Nikki, you turned up, you showed up.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 3: I showed you there.
Speaker 5: I showed up and I brought I brought the lulls.
Speaker 10: Yeah, exactly right, And that's that's what we're doing here as well. I do have a solo show as well on Sunday, and people want to come to that. It's at the Howling Owl the Halfe.
Speaker 1: Where's the howling Ow? Goodness?
Speaker 3: Such a cool questions.
Speaker 10: From the extent states of I'll tell you about half an hour before that show happens, right, I've googled it?
Speaker 1: Can you text me? Yeah, I'll create that.
Speaker 2: Did you think that you would come on a radio show in Adelaide and the people who live and have always been that I would ask you questions where to get to places in Adelaide and they're from Cydney who saw that coming out.
Speaker 1: It's also, this is such a great city for a festival.
Speaker 10: Everything's so close. I mean literally, run a room is across the road from where we're And also I'm not ashamed to say I'm staying at the Mantra, which is on the other side of this building.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is a really nice little zone for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I mean, honestly, I could do five of these interviews and twelve shows and still not reach my step count for the day. And that's the kind of geography I enjoy, guys.
Speaker 1: But also your manager just booking your time at the Mantra. Yeah, Nikki, thank you so much for coming. You my pleasure. You guys get back to the Mantra.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I can keep.
Speaker 10: My eyes closed and still make my way there.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: Right up until Sunday nights at the Rhina Room, that's where we're going to catch you. Yeah, excellent, looking forward to make sure you go down get some tickets. Nikki brittin absolute pleasure. Thank you so much.
Speaker 10: Thanks guy.
Speaker 3: It's been a big week, very big week. Next week as well, we're going to speak to the Lord. Yes, we are looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to get the latest from the oscars as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe it one Minute's exciting because it's finally coming here. But it's our Thursday nights will be Nervous Red Room featuring topic. So score your last invites all next week.
Speaker 1: You know when you're bracing yourself because you're not it's going to be a massive night.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you're always like you're like gear to the age where you start to think about the hangover already?
Speaker 3: Are you thinking about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's going to be epic.
Speaker 1: More chances to get in the drawer for first class and fifty k all next week as well. Andrew Hayes, you've been.
Speaker 2: A pleasure, have you been. Jod's welcome back producer Sean. You look like a bumblebee, but you're not sick. That's fantastic. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everybody, Happy long weekend? Yeah, enjoy Goodbye hanover Night, One Night, The min